Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas Market Center 3 stars

2015 Market Center Boulevard, Market Center, Dallas, TX 75207, USA

#85 of 151 hotels in Dallas

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The parking was ridiculous. We had to walk extremely far and it wasn’t enough light to see with my daughter

The front desk staff were awesome! The cookies of course were good and hot. The bed was very comfortable that we over slept past check out time. Just a really nice hotel.

• Non-Smoking Junior King Suite

Front desk person seemed to have a chip on her shoulder when I first approached the desk for check-in. Not very personable, just abrupt and straight to the point.

The be was extremely soft and comfortable. The facilities were clean and very up to date.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was no parking, and we already had reservation. Over an hours was wasted and we only got one because a staff member was leaving and specifically gave us her spot.

The windows facing the pool area, while a nice touch visually, reflect all of the sound coming from the pool area which in the summer makes for a very noisy stay. The bathroom is extremely small and cramped for a Double Tree, at the very least I would have expected to see a regular toilet, as it is I felt a bit more like I was in a truck stop on the side of the highway. I arrived in the evening and leafy at around 10:30am. During my short stay, trash bags from the rooms were out in the halls frequently, this tells me they are either short staffed or just don't care to be a 4-5 star hotel. All in all, there's no way I would pay the full price at this location, glad it was a discounted rate as I've seen better from a Red Roof Inn.

The room itself was nice, clean, and comfortable. Staff was friendly.

Didn't have complimentary coffee downstairs. And the room let in a lot of outside noise heard everything going on in the street. The room was also a little warm. Breakfast cost too much. Went to denny's instead.

Terrible! The ceilings were so low I thought they might collapse on us. The windows were so dirty you could barely see out of them and everything was just old. Staff was also not welcoming at all! Terrible hotel and a complete waste of money!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Noise/outdoor music from restaurant across the street was a little annoying. Try to book pool side.

Breakfast was excellent. The staff was very pleasant. Of course the cookies were amazing. I ate 4 by myself. If you get the chance to work with a gentleman named Cleveland, he is the bomb.com people. Excellent service all the way around.

AC made a lot of noise. Had to turn it off. Hair in the bathroom. Dirty carpet. Swimming pool area and outdoor seating area was dirty! Tables sticky, no staff to clean. Trash and dirty towels al over the place still to be picked up after 8am.

Bed was comfortable.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

No information about depositamount. The overall impression is very average. The lobby looks fine but the room is outdated and the doors of the closet were almost unusable. They pay no attention to the rooms furniture. I expected more of Hilton. Because of this the price is too high and it doesn't even include breakfast! Other hotels compared; They are cheaper, look better and provide good (continental) breakfasts.

The location is near the centre ( if you have a car)

The price for a room with one bed and having 4 ppl could have been a little cheaper considering it was a 1 bed room and I didn’t even get a food out for my fourth friend. Also the location based off the map from hotel to the convention center was a lie...was not within 20-30 minuets of walking distance.

Area location.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Make sure you have a chip card. I come from a small town and we dont have them yet. You must have one even if your paying cash. Luckily I had an emergency credit card that had a chip.

The bed and pillows are amazing. It was very clean.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We ate in the restaurant in the lobby. It was 7:00pm Friday night, no one was there to great us, we had to get someone to let them know we were there. We ordered a sandwich which lacked ingredients and had way to much spread on the bread. We had to pull the bread off due to the wetness of the bread.

The fruit bowl was excellent. The bed was comfortable! The cookie was great!!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is located near AAC, has shuttle service, and warm cookies. The front desk staff was courteous, quick, and very helpful with any questions we had. Christopher was our shuttle driver on Friday night and did an awesome job! . He explained everything to us about drop off and pick up and we didn't experience any problems or delays. The room was clean and comfy and the pressure in the shower was awesome after a long drive. Room service was easy and food was good. The area also felt safe and secure. Will definitely stay again.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The only negative I could find was that the rooms were a little small

It was just a beautiful atmosphere. The staff was friendly and the shuttle driver was most helpful.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Would have liked to have shuttle extend its range a little further since hotel is not within walking distance of any stores or restaurants.

Cleanliness is number one. Friendly staff Convenient and reasonable restaurant

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel restaurant had such friendly, helpful servers. Although we did not take advantage of it this trip, there is a hotel shuttle to transport to anywhere within a three mile radius at no charge. What a convenience! Although this is an older hotel it still was well maintained with a luxury feel and upscale ambiance. Parking was easy and at no charge where as some hotels in the area had quoted a substantial additional charge. The shower was good and strong and there was plenty of hot water. High end toiletries were provided. The beds were comfortable. The lighting in the room was sufficient. Our room was quiet. The rate was good.

• Double Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was a little small but other then that everything exceeded expectations.

All of the staff was extremely nice and helpful especially Holly!

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I didn’t like the fact that they didn’t have the disability room available when we got there like I originally had tried to order but like I mentioned they made up for it by upgrading us to a suite to accommodate us and make up for not having the original room available

They upgraded our room when the original room we ordered was not available when we got to the hotel and they provided complimentary breakfast for inconvenience.

• Non-Smoking Junior King Suite

Being charged for a suite that compares w motel 6.paying 3x amount for a steak that is not cooked to my specifications and is mostly fat.being called a liar by GM after making complaint on being stolen from

This location is aweful.the hotel is not being keep up,bedding was stained and worn down.one of the staff stole from us.food was totally unacceptable being this is Hilton.luxury is not part of your stay here.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The fresh made waffle was excellent as were the hash browns, bacon and fresh fruit. The room was spacious. the king bed was a cloud. The staff was friendly and very helpful.

I wasn't told about the shuttle, even though I asked how far the American Airlines center was. Found out through another guest.

Bed was super comfy! Loved the free shuttle to the American Airlines center!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

our room was moldy and the ventilation did not work. There was so much condensation on the windows that water streamed down the inside. We checked out after one night. Also we booked a room with two queen beds but were told there were no rooms with two queen beds, only doubles

They did not charge us for the night we stayed, per hiltons guarantee

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was no vent or fan in the bathroom so it was extremely hot when I got out of the shower and took forever to cool down as I got ready for the evening.

The customer service and freshly baked cookies that they provide during check-in were amazing! The room was clean and comfortable.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

First impressions are everything. The lady that helped me was very rude about the credit card machine that apparently would only read a chip. My chip is not working on my cc so she was basically made it sound like it was chip or I leave. Then magically was able to run the card I had on file when I had originally booked the room. So basically all of that attitude was for nothing.

Room was nice, but small for the price. View was great, loved the balcony.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was absolutely nothing i did like. We ate our first morning breakfast at the hotel because it was more convenient but did not eat again because there was two of us and we had toast and scrambled eggs with a cup of undrinkable coffee and was charged $36. We were charged $4. for a glass of water.

I have never been treated so poorly in all the years of travel. The check in was stressful and the girls were so rude. There was another gentleman checking in same time as me and they treated him even worse than us. Don't understand how your hotel rating is possibly true considering the way we were treated. I will never stay at a Double Tree again and i am not sure i will use booking.com!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hard to park pickup. Space was narrow. Was hard to get out of space when other pickups parked beside and behind me.

Great beds and consistent room temperature

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

You don’t get breakfast with your stay. Certain rooms get breakfast and some rooms don’t. You have to add that to your room when you book it.

The room was very clean.

• Double Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Paid for a room with a balcony which we got but it was a lot smaller than anticipated. Also, when we used the microwave the tv and the fridge turned off until it was done. Very strange.

Clean, very friendly staff, the shuttle downtown was very convenient.

• King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

only 1 elevator working. Chair in my room was badly stained. housekeeping picks up dirty towels, but never leave clean towels. Room with double beds was very tight.

beds were very comfortable.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The walls were kind of thin, could hear the next room through the walls when they had the radio on and they were talking loud. Food was expensive.

Food was really good kind of pricey though, Staff was extremely friendly. Warm cookies when you walked in and whenever you wanted. Beds were comfortable , very family friendly.

• Double Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Nothing worked in room. The sheets and blankets were stained. The glasses were dirty in room. Stains everywhere. Staff was slow and not knowledgeable. Pool was dirty, small, and water was cloudy. You could smell marijuana throughout the hallway and in room on our floor. We upgraded to suite and it wasn't any better.

The food and drinks were good at the restaurant but that was it.

• Non-Smoking Junior King Suite

We arived at 1030pm, we asked for a late Che k out Sunday morning and they were unable to accommodate this request. Also no complemented breakfast.

Room was very nice

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Seemed too much construction going on at once. Only one elevator slowly working. Rerouted for extra elevator was for employees. Inside building hot and musty smelling. No ice machine or vending on our floor.

Parking at site accommodating our trailer. Large pool.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The noise of the a/C starting and stopping. I solved the noise issue by turning on the fan of the unit for a consistent white noise. Also, the coffee maker in the room malfunctioned. This was reported to the front desk at chechout.

The closeness to the venue I was attending. I was able to check in at my early arrival time (iE 10.45 am.).

• King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

My only complaint is that it would have been nice to include memory foam pillows with the feather pillows.

The view from our eleventh floor corner room was fantastic! The staff was also incredibly friendly and helpful during our stay. I very much recommend this hotel!

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

One elevator!! Took forever to get off/on my floor. Had to use the service elevator once.

The bed was super comfortable. Loved the view from the balcony.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The food was way over priced me and my wife had a salad and it was 50 dollars for 2 salads and 2 drinks. The food was not good at all then they charged me 50 more dollars for me and my 2 sons to eat breakfast they really should lower the prices for food and learn how to prepare breakfast

The pool was nice

Well I'll be checking into it but on arrival they had no reservation for me. I had to rebook from there. This was so embarrassing I had a friend with me and had great plans that had to be set back. I'm very mad. This should not have ever happened. Someone dropped the ball. I need to be contacted and this should be righted. Very bad. Cost me money and face

Clean and awesome as usual

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

The elevator problem that's been going on too long. The toilets looked like public restroom Toilets, not what I would have expected for a Hilton

Comfy bed

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No 24 hrs room service. We asked for just plates at 4 AM which were not given. Room size is much smaller than shown in pics. Elevators were old fashioned. Noy much to do in the hotel except swimming pool

Location, swimming pool

One of the hotel's two elevators was not functioning. They were 'updating' their elevators, according to the signs posted. We had to wait and wait every time we went to our room. There are ice machines and soda machines on alternate floors. Combined with huge wait time at the elevator, it was very inconvenient. The hotel kindly offered the use of the service elevator - it was a long and winding path, like backstage at a rock concert. The elevator had dirty towels and half-eaten room service trays right outside the elevator on each floor. Really disgusting. We were glad to get our inexpensive room on Booking.com, but we feel the reason was the inefficiency that was caused by the lack of a functioning elevator. Wish we'd known before making the reservation.

It was very clean. The staff was warm and friendly. My cookies were ready when I checked in ... this is IMPORTANT!

Terribly slow elevator-long wait. Shower tub drained very slowly. Loud clicking noise all during the night- guess it was AC coming on- every 30-40 mins. LOW ceiling in the bathroom.

Lobby nice and dining room breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

One of the elevators was out of order. It seems from other reviews this has been the case for nearly a year, so sometimes there was a bit of a wait. Except for Denny's across the road there's no other restaurants in the area.

A friendly welcome and comfortable room. The hotel had free parking which is always a plus. Not too far a drive from Downtown.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Only one working elevator in lobby. Alternative was to use freight and walk through laundry area. Restaurant menu item called for 2 shrimp skewers, but only two shrimp were served. Waitress could not explain and did not check with cook.

Staff were friendly

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Carpet dirty , phone wasn't working correctly and did not like the idea that I had to join club to use free wifi. Most hotels we go to ,you are given the password,etc.. NO CLUBS, NO APPS.

Employees very helpful and freindly. Offered to fix the phone. Hotel lobby very clean and spacious. Restaurant very nice, food excellent. Amenities very nice. Would stay again. Plenty of internet stations in lobby. Greatly appreciated shuttles. Appreciated the safe in the room .

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The shower head was really small and it wouldn't stay in the position you out it. It was leaking from the whose and there was rust in the shower cover. The little round part that is in the tub. Didn't look good at all. Also there was a spot of rust in the towel rack as well. The one thing we thought it was going to be better was the assortment pastries for breakfast, it didn't specify what we were gonna get, we paid $9 for two small muffins and they didn't tasted as good.

View of the room was nice, it also had a balcony we didn't know about. Bed was comfortable and the room was well presented when we walked in. Room service was also good. We had a small meal and wine and it was very tasty. Also the breakfast omelet was good too.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The complimentary shuttle for drop off and pick up (within 3 miles range) really helped us since our car rental arrangement went down the drain. Also the warm welcome chocolate chip and walnut cookies! Absolutely adored it :)

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

room was on the dark side, small bathroom, no free breakfast (but there's a Denny's across the street), bit overpriced vs what you get

comfortable bed, stylish room, good location for American Airlines Center

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I was not aware that there was a $25.00 extra charge on my card so I was a little confused that I was charged $25.00 more on the stay than what booking.com stated I paid. Also, my request for early check in never was completed. I got no answer on my request for early check in

I liked that the staff was friendly and attentive to certain needs.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Hard to find-- unless you've been there before. All but hidden from the road. Parking was stretched out a way from the hotel.

Staff was excellent! Meals thru room service were relatively quick and good. Free parking was great!

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Double Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

A member of the of the staff told me they had lost control of a situation regarding noise control. I found that to be tacky and unprofessional. There were many customers complaining and the staff seemed unconcerned.

There wasn't much to like about this hotel. The rooms were small, the furniture was oversized, and the elevators were extremely slow. The staff was friendly but, moved slow as well.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pillows need to be replaced. They are losing the shape and are flat.

They had Gluten Free Bread and Muffins - That was unexpected and delicious. The Staff was friendly, courteous and went out of there way to find out about breakfast that was gluten free for me. When it was raining they took time and helped me to my car. Lots of parking available. Easy access to the Downtown Dallas and close to a lot of places to eat.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I liked nothing!!!! Beware this hotel is cheater. They charge your credit card online and they take money on counter as well. It cots me 5-6 hours to deal and plus taxi fare.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

The bathtub was slippery. Could use some traction appliqués.

Was reasonably priced compared to others in the vicinity. The room was small but well appointed and totally adequate for our needs.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Very nice hotel near Love Field. Dining across the street.

Room services were bad

Everything is cool

Room was HOT

Pool

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We had to double beds and one of them rocked and collapsed in the middle, like a taco.

The lobby was nice and the room was clean.

• Double Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Nothing epect the rooms were small

Other then the rooms small is was good

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Thought I booked a room with a walk in shower, that’s what showed on room pictures online

Super soft bed, and comforter

I had two bookings back to back and Didn’t get my cookies or water when I checked in both times.

Cookies!

The TV would go off when using the microwave.

The chocolate chip cookies and the nice room.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was to my expectations

The bed was very comfortable rooms exceptionally clean staff very friendly and nice

Outdoor pool

Microwave and fridge

n/a

bed was comfortable. staff was excellent. that a shuttle was provided to and from the AAC.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

A little away from downtown

Rooms are clean and spacious. Staff is friendly and helpful. Shuttle service to downtown is available.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The view was awful and the room was very very small.

The staff and cleanliness was great!

We had a amazing trip

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

parking was limited and not convenient from the back lot.

bedding was great.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Close to venue we were going to

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Older property with access doors between rooms.

Great location close to attractions

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Restaurant was closed due to the holiday.

Staff was friendly and accomdating.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was the smallest I’ve ever been to in the US. The- bathroom also tiny and dated.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating.