Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Dearborn 4 stars

5801 Southfield Expressway, Dearborn, MI 48228, USA

#7 of 11 hotels in Dearborn

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Cleanness is very good and every thing looks brand-new and fashion!
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The benefit of the hotel is near the airport, and that is the reason I chose it. It's not good for sightseeing without a car, it's far away from downtown and public transportation is not easy to approach.

The staffs are very good and helpful. I am satisfied with the whole environment of the hotel and the room and cleanness.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

The staff was friendly and the room comfortable
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Staff was not very helpful. They couldn’t find my reservation when I checked in. Our room was never cleaned nor the beds made. Housekeeping wasn’t anywhere to be found and needed extra towels, etc.

The staff was friendly and the room comfortable

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Nice place to stay
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

It is a little bit of a hike to the rooms through the conference area, and since there was a convention in the hotel when I was there (I was not there for the convention), it got crowded at times. The water pressure in the shower was pretty bad, and the stopper in the tub didn't work. The electricity tripped off when I plugged in the hair dryer, but they got it fixed quickly. The breakfast buffet is understaffed. The main thing I didn't like, though, was that the hotel would have offered a great discount to me because of the client I was visiting, but I had a non-refundable rate on booking.com that I couldn't get out of -- I would have saved about $80 per night (I was there 5 nights).

The hotel was very nice. The room was a good size and the bed was comfortable. Room service was fast and the food was tasty. There is a nice breakfast buffet. It was very quiet - I never heard a thing when I was in the room. There is a free shuttle to the airport.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Warm cookies for the win.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I don't know. Warm cookies when checking in were nice. It wasn'ta didn't like but oh well.

The lobby looked really nice. There is a workout facility.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Thumbs up for DoubleTree Dearborn
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Not a whole lot I didn't like about the facility per say. I didn't like when I made the reservation the description read double room but that means double bed & I wanted a king size bed. Not knowing this particular hotel I thought it was 2 rooms in 1. So I had to pay an up charge at check in to have it resolved to a king bed

Large facility, well kept, very clean, friendly staff!

Great staff, extremely comfortable beds, nice pool area
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

facilities for sunbathing next to the pool would be nice to have

Great, very friendly staff at reception and the Grill Restaurant. The bed were extra comfortable, you won't want to get out of bed. The pool are is very nice with swimming pool, Jacuzzi and a hot spa.

A great place to stay ... value and sanctuary.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Mmm one of the hot tubs was foggy and unattended to. The pool water could be cleaner. Pool deck could be cleaner. Other hot tub was hot ! It was excellent. My bed was lumpy :). My friend loved her bed. Loved the Crabtree & Evelyn & lovely towels. :)

Eggs with cheese & bacon were fresh and perfectly cooked . Pastries looked good but were not tasty, crispy or maybe even fresh. Loved the cereal box selection, juice & coffee ... esp as it was on the table on arrival ! Surprised at fresh cut and whole fruit selection. Disappointed whole boiled egg tasted vinegary.

We had a nice stay but room was way overpriced!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was deff Overpriced & the security staff kept coming in the pool area asking my children & I for are wrist bracelets to swim & I was never told while checking in about any wrist bracelets we had to wear to be in the pool.& for the price of our room we should have recieved a free contential breckfast.

The room was very clean. & the pool & hot tub were really nice.

Should be better places to stay.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Air conditioning, lamp, coffee machine, WiFi, door lock, there was always something not working properly on our rooms. Everything has been fixed when signaled to the staff but that’s been really annoying. The neighborhood is not really safe.

Clean hotel and friendly staff

It'll get the job done, ESPECIALLY on short notice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The water pressure for the toilet was subpar; it took flushing twice each time. For those of you who are like me, and have a terrible sense of direction, be sure to travel with a partner who knows how to get you from point A to point B within the facility, because it's huge; more labyrinth-like than one would assume. Otherwise, a wonderful stay!

The water feature in the lobby was my favorite part of the premises. Accommodations were pretty standard, and I didn't experience much other than my room. Lots of families were enjoying the pool area, which seemed very nice, and the staff was wonderful to converse with. Overall, pleasant, but nothing specifically to write home about.

It was just for one night
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately, my room was located far away from the elevators. Room and carpet were smelling bad. Hi-speed Internet/Wi-Fi is not free and quite expensive

Awful stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Did not inform of proper deposit amount; could not control guests, pool was filled to capacity the entire stay. Each time we tried to go down to enjoy the pool or hot tube it was not possible, the last day of our stay we go to get in while it is empty and we can't because it is FILTHY from all of the people who were in it the evening before!! Very UPSET AND DISAPPOINTED, when I travel I like to relax in the hot tub and pool and this time around that was not possible. Will never stay here again or recommend to anyone! AWFUL STAY

The Cookies

Overall our stay was nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We noticed the room’s drinking glasses had water in them even though they had the paper tops. This made us wonder where else the cleaning person skipped.

Hotel lobby was gorgeous! Location was easy to find and close to restaurants, shopping, and a movie theater.

I like that the hotel was very nice and comfortable to stay...

I didn’t like when I had to check out when they had messed up on my bill. Trying to charge me extra

I like that the hotel was very nice and comfortable to stay in.

Adequate for our purposes but not up to usual Double Tree standard.

The toilet did not flush properly. Heat did not work very well even though we turned it up as high as it could go. Room was a bit cold. Bathroom fan did not work. Bathroom light seemed dim.

Bed was comfortable. Room was spacious.

A perfect base for those wanting to visit Detroit and the Henry Ford museum & village

The availability of tea bags and a kettle in the rooms for hot tea would be appreciated rather than having to visit the bar or restaurant for these items.

Happy hour followed by dinner in the hotel's restaurant was a great way to finish the day following our sightseeing and particularly our visits to the Henry Ford museum. Hotels restaurant so good we dined there on each of the four nights we were there.

A Good location and clean facilities.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool and spa was closed, I wish I had known this or I might have picked a different hotel. Breakfast was not included. Additionally, parking is pay parking for $4.00 per night, not disclosed when reserving.

The room was very clean. The bed was extremely comfortable.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing that I didn’t like was that I drink coke a cola after a race they were a Pepsi hotel. All in all is it was a wonderful place to stay.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The lobby was beautiful and inviting.

Wonderful experience. Absoultly would stay again.

Not a huge deal, but it would have been nice to know that breakfast wasnt included when we booked the hotel. Again not a big deal for us, but the free cookies we were given had nuts in them. We're not allergic but someone we were meeting there was.

The staff were very friendly and eager to help. The hotel was very nice, the room was great and the cafe for breakfast was wonderful. My wife and I know exactly where to stay next time.

Doubt we will return
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Internet slow, TV pixilation, AC noisy, housekeeping did not clean room, restaurant offerings limited, access to property difficult

Friendly on arrival, convenient to where we were going

I would definitely stay here again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The in house restaurant was expensive.

Staff was awesome and cookies were good. The location is 9 mins away from downtown Detroit and 10 minutes away from the bridge to Canada. Rooms are small, but it has a comfy bed and large bathroom.

Nice place to

Long line at check in.

Very impressed that the bedding needed for the pull out was in the room... with extras to spare! So many times we must call the front desk. Not this time!

Great stay, would recommend!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Only tip-- we did not have to go the counter to check out so we left our key card in room, not realizing we would need it to open the parking gate for exit, so we had to run back in and get another card issued. Staff seemed to expect it, most happen frequently.

Loved the lobby, staff friendly, comfortable rooms, GREAT PILLOWS!

Our family night in Detroit.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The pool was small, so not too many people could swim comfortably and there were no water vents along the sides so the pool area floor was very wet and slippery.

The bed was very comfortable! The room and bathroom were very clean. The hotel in general was very clean and staff was very friendly!

Breakfast was great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The area was a little sketchy. We had reserved a room with two double beds but they did not save one for us and we had to use a king with a sofa bed. The mattress on the sofa bed was the WORST ever so we slept 3 on the king and my son got stuck with the sofa bed. No one slept well.

Breakfast was great. The bed was comfy.

Pricey but great location!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When we first arrived and found out hotel room, maids were cleaning rooms but would leave trash bags in the hotel hallway, and the bags made the hallway have an unpleasant smell.

Staff very friendly. Quick check in and check out. Easy to find our room.

First and last time in this Hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Twice a week no one came to clean up my bedroom. Lack of attention from reception desk during check in (she could not find my reservation and that is it. I am so sorry but I can't do anything) I had to find my reservation code by myself (had to open some bags to find out the paper with reservation, I cant believe that) No one came to help me with my bags (5 bags plus my son sleeping and I had do handle that by my self) The bathtub tap was leaking and no one came to fix it.

Good localization easy to find it. Bedroom was ok The 39 Grill restaurant is Ok - good food. Parking lot was ok

Fine but wouldn't stay here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Responsiveness of staff. My husband requested a late checkout (the morning of our departure to be fair) and was told no. When he begged because I was out with a flat tire and couldn't get back staff finally relented and extended us an hour. We stayed 5 nights. Assumed that bought us some consideration. Apparently not.

The location was good for the purpose of our stay. They charge for parking ($4 but still...). Very loud. People talking in the hallways, parties until 4 am, pool insanely loud (making it almost unusable). There was apparently a problem with the room above us and water leaked. The staff entered our room without contacting us to place industrial fans (carpeting in our room was soaking wet). We also were not told about the problem (they have our phone number on file) and instead came back to this surprise at 11 pm. Things happen. No issues. But to not inform us and then give us the chance to move if we wanted was very unprofessional.

great location and friendly staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Swimmers coming from the pool tracked water in halls and elevator which can be a hazzard

Customer service was great. Breakfast was complementary and tasty. Saw security in parking lot in constant circulation witch was very reassuring.

Would love to come back!

Need more movie channels Only basic tv.

Room was very comfortable a plus for having coffee in tea inside room also the nice patio in pool located on first was really good in cozy.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Misleading description of hotel amenities

That the booking website said we would enjoy an onsite breakfast, which made it look like it was included. I was disappointed that I had to go off the property with 2 kids for breakfast. The wording on booking.com needs to be clear. I wouldn't spend that kind of money without breakfast included. To add to that, I had 2 other families with young children and we were all treated the same. I wouldn't return because of the misleading description and staff.

Lobby presence

I did not like that i had to pay for parking.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I did not like that i had to pay for parking. I feel I'm spending money renting a hotel room from the company, i shouldn't have to pay to park at the facility where I've already spent $130 or more.

Doubletree by Hilton Dearborn is cool 😎

There were no smoking rooms or floors. And the price Booking.com said wasn't the price I paid! It was like $25-30 more!😠

Location being right by freeway.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Staff was excellent.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We could clearly tell our room used to be a smoking room. It wasn't a deal breaker but had I been staying for more than a day I would have asked for another room. Outside area to park to check in is a disaster. It's very small. People park so randomly it made it hard to get in and out of the hotel.

Staff was excellent. Super friendly. Our room was very clean and the bed was wonderfully comfortable. Our rate was awesome thanks to Booking. Com. Hotel is in a great spot to grab a bite to eat.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

First room had hair all over the bed and in the shower.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

First room had hair all over the bed and in the shower. Second room was better but the bed made strange noises everytime we moved around and my 4 year old daughter kept thinking someone was knocking on the door-became scared. Then the swimming pool was broken-some motor-and we were unable to swim. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was beautiful. We just had some bad luck.

Wonderful!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing is that we did not know how to raise the temperature of the room. Next time we can ask the front desk , may be they can help us

Everything about our stay was wonderful! Staff were so helpful, the room was so clean, beds comfortable. Enough towels and great coffee. My friend and I visit Dearborn once a month from Chicago, so this will be our hotel going forward.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Stay here if your visiting Michigan! Next to hot spots!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Everything was cool, I only put a sad face on the paid wifi part because paid wifi doesn't agree with me but that's only for the premium the free wifi was still nice.

Slightly ghetto

Loud music and parties until the morning. Where was the staff to control it? Burned out light bulbs and broken bathroom exhaust fan showed that lack of quality. It was never fixed after asking.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Beautiful facilities horrible weekend
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

It was packed with a bunch of kids who ran the halls all day and night and played on the elevators. I was also told if I paid in cash that no money will be held on my card and it was so I'm out 400 dollars until the funds are released

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

If I plan to go to Michigan, I going to stay again in this hotel

Every thing was a great

I like the lobby, it's so big. Also the room was convenient. I think it just needs microwave so we can heat our food after the restaurant close. Staff on the disck were nice , they offer warm delicious cookies.

Nice place with a few minor flaws. But I would stay again.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Tv cut in and out all the time I was there. Not the proper light bulb in the entry in our room so it flickers all the time. Desk had broken leg and missing parts. And the shower light didn't work

Staff was nice. Rooms are clean

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Friendly staff.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The noisy reception (waterfall).

Friendly staff. Very good shuttle bus support.

Cleanses,

i stay there every yr when i travel to detroit. very safe place

rooms were very clean and staff was very professional. food is a little high but good

It was confusing for us get to it.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was confusing for us get to it.

Not enoughfoodchoices

Not enoughfoodchoices

The price of the food.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The price of the food. Had to go out for breakfast. To expensive

Clean facilities, location is good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Clean facilities, location is good.

poor service

Bathroom ws mess

beds were fine

The staff were extremely helpful and polite

The staff were extremely helpful and polite

Ok
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Security bothering me talking about they got complaints we had only been there 30 minutes I felt uncomfortable

Food was good

The location is great

Breakfast with high price x what offer

The location is great

Ok but i wont be returning
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Too many kids in the pool area along with splashing other kids that they didn't know. Plus have to pay for parking.

the room was clean

The room

The money

The room

nice stay clean and quite
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

view/ not enough coffee in room / soap and shampoo could be better

quite /room even by freeway

Average cleanliness

Lux

Everything was great

Lux

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

It was very good
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

That breakfast would have cost more

Comfy bed

The coffee machine

Clean

No free breakfast

No free breakfast

Small things need addressed, broken ice machine, etc.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Small things need addressed, broken ice machine, etc.

Great stay

Friendly professional service

The cost I was charged was higher than my colleague

The cost I was charged was higher than my colleague

Room served purpose and I was refreshed for conference

No problems

Property was very close to conference. Staff very friendly and room comfortable

Enjoyed my stsy

No queen beds

Close to where I had to go.

Very pleasant help at check-in.

Very pleasant help at check-in. And the DoubleTree always has those delicious cookies

Great option

Accessible to other areas

Very nice stay (short - 1 night).
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

comfortable beds. great cookies too.

We were very pleased with our stay.

We went in circle

The room was quiet and the bed was very comfortable.

great time

swimming pool

We enjoyed our stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hot tub wasn't warm enough.

Clean room, comfortable bed and excellent location.

Great place to relax and chill

Food was cold at the breakfast buffet

It is ok but not good as Henry ford
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking, many kids, service desk slow Not enough help breakfast area was not clean

Room was clean

Communications with staff.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Communications with staff.Fair stay, but I would not come again.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Nice hotel, but the level of cleanliness needs improvement.

Nice hotel, but the level of cleanliness needs improvement.