Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Denver 3 stars

3203 Quebec Street, Denver, CO 80207, USA

#39 of 77 hotels in Denver

The lobby is under construction, so the restaurant is in an out of the way conference room.

The staff was friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

The food in the sports bar was fair - selection and taste of food could have been better. ---- I hope the construction is finished soon. It was ok ☺️. --- Perhaps this has no connection to the hotel but the Avis rep in the lobby area was atrocious. She lied to us about availability of cars and dismissed us because we did not have a reservation. We learned a lesson - rent through the airport when booking the vacation.

The room was very comfortable. The location was great. Staff were friendly.

Hotel interiors are in poor condition and appears run down. Bathroom was missing clothes hook, shower curtains were missing buttons. Did not expect that from a DoubleTree brand.

Location is good

The property is going through lobby renovation, but the rooms are really outdated. The carpet in our room was old and stained and the curtains were dingy. That was not a big deal. However, the shower was barely lukewarm after letting it run for 10 minutes, trying to warm it up. After contacting the front desk, we discovered there was an issue in the boiler room. To make up for the inconvenience, the hotel offered free breakfast vouchers, but we were already checking out. So they did attempt to make it right by refunding half of the cost of our stay. That was nice, but I would have preferred the hot shower. Also, we were greeted by a snarky front desk clerk, who has no business in the hospitality industry. When my son, who is relocating to Denver, mentioned his upcoming move...her remark was, "Yeah, you and 10,000 more people come every month...yeah, good luck with that." How rude! I have stayed at over 50 Hilton locations and this was my least favorite. My advice is to look elsewhere.

The beds were comfortable, and we had a nice view from the balcony.

• King Room with Mountain View

Where to begin? The room looks outdated. We had to request a refrigerator for a one time charge of $10. When the guy brought up the fridge, it looked like it had been dropped off the top of the building and hit by every customers car for an entire year. Did it work? Yes, but that’s besides the point. I asked about why there isn’t a microwave in the room and a front desk person responded, “the building is went through updates and it couldn’t be done”. So I had to bring my food down to the front desk get it warmed up. The appliances such as one particular lamp was falling apart so bad we didn’t bother touching it for fear it would topple over. The tv wouldn’t turn on so we had to switch outlets to get it to work. The toilet paper holder was installed incorrectly. Lastly, if you stay in room 921, you can expect to hear the elevators running 24/7. Never again will I stay here.

I couldn’t find anything that stood out from the rest of the hotels in the area.

Location is excellent. Staff was very helpful and very considerate. The new look, looks great for the most part. Would like to see the finish work. God bless

I got in around 6. I had been flying all day and didn't have a car so I didn't really want to go back out. Restaurant was makeshift, so I went to the bar to get some dinner. That's fine too. I like bars. But I ordered some nachos that were expensive for nachos. They were so horrible and cold. I mean even if they were warm they would have been bad. I mean worse than little league concession stand. So I've never done this before, but I sent them back. They were very nice, and comped my Coors Light without me asking them to. So I'm sure this hotel is gonna be great when they're done with the construction, but when all that's done, shut down and retool that bar. It's kinda nasty. On the upside, I'd never been to SmashBurger before. It's a five minute walk and so good.

The facility is nice, just super awkward due to the renovation. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Considering how far out the airport is, this is a good distance in between airport and downtown. This will be a great hotel when they're done renovating.

Old hotel. Group of elevators on the other side of the room and I could hear the elevator motor all night long. Complained and was told by management they don't get this complaint. When I mentioned something to the housekeeping person was told people complain all the time

The hotel and carpets are old. The door in the balcony didnt lock. There was renovations and construction work being done at the time and the whole lobby and restaurants where closed and they didnt notify this.

The staff is very friendly.

Breakfast is quite expensive (we like a light breakfast).

Service is good; very friendly. Rooms were clean. Busstop to citycenter near the hotel. Shuttlebus to other Hilton hotel and the shops at Northfield.

We were unaware it was under construction. The room doors were a little rickety and we felt not as safe as other places we’ve stayed before. The bathroom still had hair in the tub and on the tile floor.

Location was great between the airport and downtown Denver.

Showerhead had green funk on it ! My room smelled awful. No mini fridge. No pen. Room smelled absolutely atrocious! Carpet was old and dirty. Elevators closed on you. Clientele sketchy and trashy. Construction going on. Noisy. No fitted sheet on bed, just two top sheets... NO BLACK OUT CURTAINS ! In Aurora. Seriously, mty room smelled horrendous!

The bed was clean and comfy. Concierge was great.

The guests in the unit next door came home at 3:30AM and were very loud, Had the TV on at loud volume. I complained to the front desk, who sent security, but they were completely ineffective at quieting things. Security showed up again around 8:00AM and finally got the TV turned off. Property also under construction.

The double beds were small. The hotel is old and has lots of wear and tear. It is under construction.

The breakfast was included for us and it was very tasty with a good selection. The housekeeping staff and wait staff were polite and helpful. The pool was an okay temperature and the hot tub was nice.

Wished we had a room with a king bed instead of two doubles.

Breakfast options, including the fruit options were great. Staff made it comfortable in spite of the construction.

• Double Room with Mountain View

Rooms need an update also the lady with the glasses and short hair needs to work on her check in skills. Very rude!

It was close to everything you needed.

• King Room with Mountain View

That the place was under construction and I wasn’t informed about it when I booked my stay. Didn’t like that I was walking through a construction zone. Hanging wires and men putting dry wall in.

I like how clean my room was.

Construction of the property and it was cold and dusty in the hall ways due to the construction. Also the parking. Their wasn't enough parking spots.

One of the front desk workers offered coloring books and crayons for my 3 & 4 year old grandchildren. That made their day!

• Double Room with Mountain View

When I arrived it was just filthy,the restroom had hair from prior stay,the counters & night stands were dusty,I'm a Hilton honors and had to ask for drinking glasses and extra blanket that's normally in the closet..poor laundry stains on blankets and sheets. It was suppose to be a family vacation. I should have stayed home in this case.

I love double tree,the environment is awesome,service is usually great...

We had a bit of confusion on our first day about breakfast times, but the manager made it up to us. Also, some parts of the property are under construction, but it’s not bad at all. The staff is very accommodating.

We normally book our hotel based on location, price and breakfast options. It a great hotel for the money. I loved the breakfast, it was on point!

There was a lot of construction during our stay inside the hotel. We were greeted with the cookies but they were really hard and not very good, but the gesture was appreciated. I didn’t like that there was a $25/day charge on top of the hotel charge. We didn’t know about that ahead of time and that would have been something good to know prior to booking otherwise we might not have stayed there. I haven’t had that happen before in prior stays at previous hotels so it was a little odd to us. Other than that, the staff was great.

I can’t remember his name but I wish I could. An older white gentleman on the right as soon as you walk in.. I think his name was Les, he was AMAZING. He led us to multiple places we didn’t know were there and some really great memories came from that and all we can say to him is THANK YOU!

Was overpriced for the location, looks, and comfort. I assumed having downtown in my search criteria and this being one of the top hotels to come up, that it was in the heart of dt. Was disappointed to find out the opposite to be true. There were luxury hotels for the same price and/or cheaper in the area I had searched for that I should have gone with. The beds were horribly uncomfortable.

The staff and cookies were great! Also enjoyed the outdoor hot tub.

• Premium King Room

The pillows were down pillows could have been fluffy, but that's just me personally.

The room was very clean, a nice view of downtown, and the bed was comfortable.

I thought it was very inconvenient that I had to walk all the way around the build for parking do to the construction. The lack of parking when I returned back to my room. Also the lack of information upon checking, nothing communicated to me on times when stuff closes or when check out was.

The bed was awesome.

The service was awful

When there my boyfriend received food poisoning from the restaurant on site. When we notified the manager he was very irritated and rude. They then demanded we allow them into our room to do paper work. That paperwork was gone through at 8:30-9:45. We never received a sorry or a refund for our trip. Not impressed and will not be returning.

• King Room with Roll In Shower - Disability/Hearing Accessible

Here transitting and rating before long flight home. Perfect for that purpose. If you don’t have a car then not much to do. We drove to the nearby shopping village which has bars, retail and cinemas for something to do. The car rental depots are within walking distance to rent or return vehicles.

Does not include breakfast and if you buy food or beverages in the hotel it's very expensive. $6 for a bottle of bud light, but it was $2 out side of the property at other places close. Not a deal breaker, there are a lot of places close to get everything you need, including liquor stores and tons of restraunts that deliver to the hotel and are very affordable.

The bed was so comfortable and the linens perfection. It was so clean even the bathroom was immaculate.

The pool was a bit chilly for swimming laps and I didn't like the divider for the deep end. Breakfast buffet was good, but not as good as the Doubletree in CO Springs.

In spite of the fact that they were in the middle of a remodel; they performed admirably. Bed and towels super nice. It was a bit of a hike to my room through the hotel, but do-able. Pretty close to airport with shuttle. The remodel is to be finished this spring. Based on other Marriott's, I'm sure it will be beautiful.

The sauna/spa didn't work when we tried to use it, was a bummer but it happens, maybe next time we come things will be better! Enjoyed our time nonetheless, thank you!

The cleanliness was ideal, housekeeping was excellent!

Parking. Also, its hard to enjoy the hotel and to keep it clean during remodeling. No microwave, water bottle or mini fridge in room. The computers need cubicles for privacy, the area was to open....

The customer service was awesome and the convenience of having a Rental car agency in the hotel! Great idea!

When we arrived they told us they where over booked, so we had to wait an hour to get a room after driving for 12 hours, we finally got a room but it was not the room I paid for, they Wanted to put 2 roll away beds bit only one for so I had to sleep on the floor, the following day we got moved to another room at 9 in the morning, which tells me that room was available since the night before, never going back, I could of got a better service at motel 6 with less money

Nice hotel

I wish I had known they were doing remodeling. It made dinner a little different. If I had known I would of planned to go out. Only the cafe open and not great food.

• Double Room with Roll in Shower - Hearing Accessible

I didn’t like the fact that my shower head didn’t work properly water was going everywhere, my lamps had the plug ins to charge phone or plug some electronics in and those did not work as well. There was only one available outlet in the room so it was hard to charge our things.

You could barely hear the other people around you, and the staff was really nice.

Hotel under current renovation- we were unaware that this would be taking place. The rooms were a poor standard and in need of upgrade. The restaurant has no windows and is dark and oppressive.

Fairly close to airport Manager was helpful and understood our problems and tried to make the best of the room situation

Check in was a bit crazy, they had me bring in my wife and 2 minor children out of the car in winter and bring my wife into the lobby so my wife could verify her name on a reservation which was under my name for both rooms and under my card information. My wife and I asked the front desk associate to not transfer calls and to apply a do not disturb on our rooms due to my profession in Los Angeles in the Fashion and Entertainment Industry, that we wished to not be bothered and enjoy our vacation without any outside knowledge having knowledge of our whereabouts. That was not honored and my wife was able to call back hours later and was able to pull my name from the front desk. WiFi was spotty at best which made responding to business conference calls unsuccessful.

My kids enjoyed the spacious rooms,the heated pool and jacuzzi. I enjoyed most I was able to text my requests to the front desk and have wine glasses and corkscrew delivered. All requests where delivered in a quick timeframe.

Old carpeting in the hallways was not smooth and hallway lighting is dim. The new carpeting in the lobby/business area is an amorphous pattern of mustard yellow and shades of grey and from a distance looks like unfinished cement, especially where it is up against the brown granite?marble? floors. Again, esthetics!

The check in area is/was under construction (they moved to the new area on the last day of our stay) but other than esthetics, it didn't affect anything. The staff was friendly and helpful and we were able to get into our room early. We stayed in room 411, which is a corner room and there was no noise from the hallway or construction. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, linens in good condition, excellent shower pressure. The upholstered chair and the desk in the room showed their use. Staff said the rooms are going to undergo a renovation when the downstairs construction is finished. There were two nights of our 4 night stay in which we heard emergency vehicles on the road, but that is to be expected in a city, especially with the snow. The heated indoor pool was clean and extremely large for a hotel. If there wasn't a divider rope at the 5' mark, I could have swum laps. I had the pool all to myself! Price was excellent, but I'm sure that is due to the construction.

• King Room with Mountain View

The hotel was under construction and it was a complete mess! The room had a horrible smell, the water pressure was terrible, and the staff, bless their heart, was clueless!

Starbucks! The only down fall is it was in the ‘bar’ and the staff was not experienced.

There is construction going on in the lobby the elevators are super small and slow. I felt for the price that it would be nicer

The beds were comfortable

Unfortunately they were renovating, but I’m sure it said it some where and I just missed it!

I got the room upgrade that I had requested and received everything as expected!

On the website they should specify that when you book for the room its just reserving the room.Not actually paying for it until you get there .we had issues when we arrived and we thought we had paid for it already and had been charged .both our cards were declining ,but we fixed the problem .

The Hotel Location was close to the airport and Dt... which was very convenient for us .we requested a couple of things for our room and they really made a good job on that .Also the Staff is Friendly and ready to assist you and answer any questions you have .Bar Tender was really professional and very nice we enjoyed having a chat .

Everything was good. It’s under construction but still everything was in good order. Will be great when finished.

The bed was comfy, the pool was great,the breakfast was really good. I liked the text messages offering help with anything we needed.

Our shower had Luke warm water at best. They were in a construction process but handled it all smoothly.

Staff is amazing! A few wonderful perks and everyone was super.

Renovation at the hotel, hence there was a big kiosk at checkin Telephone did not work, had to go down to the reception to order for room services Our floor was very noisy.

The main lobby area was under major construction which I wasn't aware of. If I knew that it was like that I would have chosen another hotel. Couldn't take a hot bath since the stopper didn't work.

I chose the hotel because of the location. I wanted to stay a place where close from the airport and also easy access to I-70 to get to our friends' house. For the purpose it was great.

Cold hot tub, old building, being renovated so everything was displaced. Other people's Room service trays left in hallways smelled like a dumpster all the time. Very thin walls could hear neighbor peeing, flush the toilet the shower scalded you. Had to run water for 5 minutes to get warm, then it would scald you. Had a better experience at a super 8. Elevators were tiny and took forever. Would never recommend. Horrible experience.

Staff was willing to accommodate grievances we had

The WIFI was terrible. My husband is in the IT business and so I know that it is not very expensive for large hotels to have more than one router so that when you advertise free WIFI people can actually use it. Hotel is also very tired looking, you can certainly tell that it is an older building. There were some renovations going on but to be frank the whole place needs an update.

I didn’t like the fact they were in the middle of a remodel so every time you walked into the lobby you’re walking on Plywood with Large rugs over them just to keep you from falling or getting a heel stuck. And the hotel was pretty dated they did the best they could to keep it clean but it’s kind of hard to do when you’re working with 1980-90 decor. Yet I felt very safe at this hotel, it’s in a good location and I know it’s going to be spectacular when they finish the remodel! I will go back again it will just be a while.

The staff was amazing, it didn’t matter who I ran into at the front desk they were so nice and helpful and they did upgrade us to a balcony room which was really nice of them to do at no additional charge. The restaurant downstairs is outstanding. I dine all over the place. I’d love to go to eclectic restaurants and find those places that are local with the great ambience and cool atmosphere… however I Ended up having two meals in the restaurant downstairs and the breakfast, not the buffet but off the menu was probably the best breakfast I’ve had in a while. Plus their prime rib sandwich on the afternoon or dinner menu was impeccable. So food was good room was OK And parking was OK you didn’t have to pay for parking it was right there on site which is nice. And the staff is amazing! Plus They do have a Starbucks in the lobby. And a nice bar downstairs where you can shoot pool watch sports or have drinks or all of it! I’m from the south but Denver sure as a lot of hospitality!

Nothing - this was a great experience

Service was excellent - room was clean and very modern - breakfast and dinner were both very good - we required luggage storage for a few days and no issues - we will always stay at doubletree when visiting Denver

Major construction to lobby and restaurant that we were not aware of at booking. Towels in our bathroom had disgusting stains on them. Location was out of the way for our purposes.

Nice Fitness Center / Friendly Staff

Wifi - it was weak in my room; however, there was wired access

Almost everything. Proximity to bus routes to take you right to the convention center where I had business.

The door that is connected to another room made a lot of sound due to someone hitting it often in the night. My key card for the room stopper working 2 times. Both times I was wet from the hot tub and had to go back down stares and wait in a long line with the sound of construction. When I called about the key card whoever answered the phone has a snobby tone towards me. The curtain in our room was ripped. The sound of the traffic leaked in massively through our balcony door. The plug in our bath tub did not work so we couldn’t take a bath. The bed sheets had small holes in them. Parking was not always the best.

The hot tub was nice. The black gentleman at Starbucks that wears the Santa hat was super nice. The bathrooms look nice and clean.

When I arrived at the Denver airport, i repeatedly tried to call the Doubletree front desk over a period of about 15 minutes and there was no answer. I needed to arrange for transportation to the hotel. As a result, I was out $62 for cab fare to the hotel. I shared my concerns with management but the manager wouldn't work with me toward a reconciliation. On their literature in the room they state that if there is a problem, they'll make it right. A hollow promise. Don't stay there.

Not much to like. The bed was okay.

The hotel was being renovated and we were not told or made aware The hotel has discontinued its shuttle to airport. We had to wake our son to take us to our plane. No longer the high quality it was After many years staying there we will rethink for our next trip

Yes the bed was very comfy

Overall, the hotel and rooms are a bit out of fashion and worn down. This is a petty, because this could be a much nicer hotel with just a bit of more attention, maintenance and renovation (tighten the fixtures, clean windows, replace old noisy heating, renovate lobby). But the same can be said about many US hotels. The owners seem to be aware of this, at least the lobby was being renovated when I was there.

The hotel provides a good value and is located directly on bus line 43, which runs to the city center. In the nearby shopping area at Quebec street there are also good locations for dinner or a quick snack. The room size is generous, WiFi quality above average.

BEDS TOO SMALL. Double beds are too small for 2 people to sleep comfortably. No reason that Queen sized beds were not available. Will never book a room with a DOUBLE bed again. Ever!! Although I knew about construction, at least room rates should have been adjusted ever so slightly to compensate for some of the inconvenience, noise and lack of atmosphere one would expect at a hotel.

Restaurants were clean and convenient. Good food, very good staff.

• Premium King Room

The breakfast was average at best, but my main problem which would prevent me staying at this hotel again, was the toilet! It was really high so my feet dangled which got really uncomfortable (and I'm 5'2, with normal-length legs!) and caused me issues going to the bathroom! It got to the point where I would go down to the lobby to use the bathroom so I could sit properly!

I got a free breakfast and some dining credits as it was my birthday, nice gesture. Comfy bed, nice clean room, good amenities in the room, Peets coffee, fridge, wifi great, nice pool, easy parking. Easy to uber/lyft, easy to get places via public transit. Seemed like a good vibe / atmosphere at the hotel too. Staff really friendly and knowledgable. Nice mountain views from our room. We had our puppy Mikey with us and his only complaint was that he couldn't crawl under the bed!

• Double Room with Mountain View

Would have enjoyed coffee offered without charge outside the room brewed coffee. Wish I had been informed of the construction.

Location and ease of access. Love how the staff was so willing to help out after regular working hours Good stay

It's pretty outdated but they are remodeling now so here's to hoping it'll be better after!

They were in the middle of remodeling so that's why some ratings were lower. The overall experience was good and the staff was great.

Unfortunately I was a bit disappointed when arriving. When it comes to staying at Hilton I have usually been satisfied and therefore I have until now trusted in having a wonderful stay when staying at a Hilton, but this hotel is old, bad breakfast and bad and rude service during the breakfast. I do admit that I could have read better about the hotel prior to my arrival.

• Double Room with Mountain View

Weak wifi, smelly carpet in room. This hotel is also under construction.

The bed, hot shower, sauna and jacuzzi! Concigere service. Shuttle to the mall.

Construction at the property and was informed that was Booking.com job to inform us. The breakfast buffet cost high and quality didnt compare to cost!! Food variety was very small for a buffet as well as not hot. Was compted the meal free for our anniversary and not being told about all the hotel construction. I would have been highly upset if I paid $17 pp for the breakfast provided. Took a while to be waited on once seated. Staff was mediocre at check in. Carpet in hotel dirty and out dated. Carpet and furniture (chair) in room out dated and torn and dirty. King room with no refrigerator as previous King room we had 5 days prior at same hotel. When I called for a room change with a refrigerator, I was told there is a fee for that if there is not one there but was given one at no charge. The refrigerator was delivered to my room which was great but the issue was the refrigerator looked totally beat up like it should be trashed and barely cooled. Ive never neen to a Double Tree that was so disappointing! I love the chain but definitely not the location. Hopefully when they finsh renovations they will fix these issues!

The bed felt nice and clean. Bathroom was clean and stocked. Fresh cookies were a hit with my husband! The location itself was a good location from Downtown and major freeways and not too far from the airport.

No free coffee in lobby. Coffee in restaurant was too expensive.

Cozy lobby and clean rooms. We asked for a late check out and the staff was very accommodating.

many sports groups book here on weekends can get busy in dinning room and check-in

Older property but well maintained. easy access to downtown, onsite FREE! parking. 4th time we have stayed here and always good

• Double Room with Roll in Shower - Hearing Accessible

The security staff was too agressive and on the hunt to find the smell of Marijuana! They knocked on the door like the police because my siblings and are were having a conversation he said he we were talking too loud because we were talking at 5am! We will Never stay here again!!!!

I wasn't told that booking this the booking.com would keep me from getting my Hilton Rewards. I was also not told by booking.com or the hotel that the hotel is under a complete renovation and all the amenities from the pool to the hot temper closed even the front door so you have to walk around the back in the snow. So I spent $700 to stay there a few nights it looks like it was decorated in the 1980s and it has no amenities and apparently I'm getting no reward points. Waste of money

Cookies but they weren't worth my $700 :/

• King Room with Mountain View

We paid for a mountain view room (which was extra) and there were no mountain views, we were on the 6th floor but the wrong side of the hall. When we brought it to their attention they confirmed that we were not in a mountain view room and were sorry but assured us we were in an upgraded room and the rate would have been the same. Although they were very nice about it, we still paid for something that we did not get. We go to Denver once a year and always pay for a mountain view, and this was disappointing.

Great central location, we were in town for a Broncos game but had plans in Boulder and C. Springs as well and the location was perfect. Staff extremely friendly, food at breakfast and even late night at their sports bar after the game was very good...no one expects an excellent burger at midnight but we got it.

😐

Close to downtown and that time it was The game between bronco and raiders . But the bathroom Fossett was broke so we not will enjoy when we go shower & The front office tell us that we do not bring back the charger phone that we Borrow And I got charge for it .

Parking was bad if you came in after 5pm.. however there was parking in the back and in the garage. It was a bit creepy in the back entrance.

Front desk was always nice and helpful. Cookies were a plus. I had a little incident to happen and they happily help me locate a bank close and made sure I had a ride.

• Premium King Room

Just beginning update on the lobby, which hopefully spreads to the hallways.

located in an area that's trendy and in walking distance to restaurants, bars and grocer.

No minibar/refrigerator in rooms. Poorly stocked vending machines.

Very comfortable beds. Good value. Good location halfway between the airport and downtown.

I didn’t care for the pillows I can’t use down pillows and i had to ask for non down pillows and they were very lumpy, wasn’t too comfortable. The bed was a bit firm but i was just thinking the bed being firm is probably just my preference.

I liked the complimentary cookies, the cookies are amazing. The staff were super friendly, andres was extremely nice and informative! He was the one who helped me the most. I also liked the restaurant downstairs the cafe and the breakfast buffet was great to have easy access to in the hotel.

We had an evening event to attend but had checked the spa area to use the next morning. We grabbed a cup of coffee and headed to the spa to find that the area was closed.

Staff is super friendly. Warm cookies upon check-in - super yummy. Rooms were super clean. Beds and pillows comfy. Location made it easy to use a car service to attend event at Blue Bird Theater. Took a nice walk through the Stapleton Redevelopment on Sunday morning.

The staff was rude and the room was very loud being placed right next to the elevator. Staff told us we could come down and get ear plugs if we wanted. The next morning at check out they were very rude. I will not be staying at anymore double trees that's for sure.

The hotel was pretty run down compared to other Doubletree's we've stayed at. The lobby was under construction so maybe they're trying to spruce it up. The hallways were very dimly lit and sort of sketchy.

• Double Room with Mountain View

Too much noise throughout the day from other nearby rooms being cleaned. Not sure what cleaning requires so much noise, but it seemed to go on throughout the days where I stayed in the room a little later.

Bed was just right; bathroom was very clean

Browse DoubleTree by Hilton Denver traveller photo gallery