Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Executive Meeting Center Somerset 3 stars

200 Atrium Drive, Somerset, NJ 08873, USA

#6 of 13 hotels in Somerset

Value for money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room security latch was broken off. The bathroom was quite small.

Best value for money at the time of booking. Location is a bit remote from most Somerset venues.

Perfect!

Everything was perfect.

My visit to this hotel has been phenomenal! The atmosphere was perfect. The room was perfect & very clean, the indoor pool/jacuzzi was very nice & comfortable. And the restaurant was very nice & quite not too crowded which was very better. And the food & drinks was pretty good. And the staff was great as well. I rate this hotel a 10/10 my experience was great. Definitely will be back.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

It was good, but...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I complained about how hot the water was. No matter the setting of the faucet, the water was always scorching hot and even though I complained, they never fixed the settings and therefore I couldn’t take a proper shower. The water was so hot on my 2nd night that I felt my skin burnt throughout the night. Also, I was treated as second class guest as I booked with booking.com and not directly with them. I was not offered anything of the little things they offered my friend who booked directly with them.

The common areas were very clean and modern. The room was impeccable!

I wish I never checked in.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The property is old but more importantly the guests from whatever event was going on were running rampant around the hotel! Shooting nerf guns, playing soccer in the lobby, building forts in the lobby, and having a slumber party in the hallway! The pool area needs to be inspected because mold and dark puddles on the floor. It was also difficult to access the pool area because of the large event. The bathroom off of the lobby was filthy with stopped up toilets and fecal particles on the seat! I had to rush up to my room to use the bathroom. There was security on duty Saturday night but he just stood there. My experience was absolutely deplorable and I will no longer be hosting my bridal shower here nor will I be blocking off rooms for my wedding. This was not the Hilton experience I'm used to. I will be attaching photos to support my ratings

Checking out.

Not very pleasant because of the room situation.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub/Non-Smoking

Got a room with handicap facilities which we didn't need an ask for. It was a mistake made by Booking.com and not by the hotel. The server at dinner was indifferent.

The staff at breakfast were helpful and courteous.

way overpriced stay for one night. could not check in untill 4pm, however, the manager on duty got

everything

The service in the restaurant was terrible. The food was so-so. the pool was very crowded and the was only 3 umbrellas for over 50 people. Very few chairs and no shade. Property was not clean. too many rules for adults. Very hot and sunny day and no umbrellas. Large areas of the pool were not utilized as there were no chairs or shade.

Will come again

Services from all staff

Breakfast was excellent and we ate all we could. Customer services was 100% were staff at restaurant went beyound by entertaining kids, service them, listening to them and gave kids what they needed like warm milk, hot milk, help to clean the stain of ketchen on my blouse. It was like they made us felt special just like Queen Elizabeth family!

I can outside and my car window was broken.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I can outside and my car window was broken. The hotel did not have cameras. The hotel did not take my car information so they were not able to contact me and let me know that my car window was broken once it was discovered. The car next to mine also had the window broken.

Great hotel, I certainly recommend.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub/Non-Smoking

It is a good hotel and definitely recommendable, just please bear in mind when booking: it is in the centre of a business park and public transport does not exist. So, if you want to do anything else than having a good stay during your business trip, it might not be your first choice.

The staff is very friendly and does its best to make the stay as pleasant as possible. The rooms are tidy and well equipped. Just 5min walking distance to our office, it is the optimal location for me staying in Somerset.

Overall a very nice hotel. Had everything we needed and more.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub/Non-Smoking

The only thing that didn’t work for us was that the beds were too small. We needed two queen beds but had to squeeze on two full size beds.

The staff was exceptional. Very friendly. Helped us find a place to eat, gave us free warm cookies at check in. I was pleasantly surprised when he didn’t make us pay for a bag of chips I was going to purchase for my son because my husband had mentioned earlier that we were there for a funeral. He offered his condolences to me and it was a very warm gesture. Above and beyond!

Overall great experience would stay here again.

Heat was not on upon arrival to room, heat was very loud, especially at certain moments wen motor or something switched on internally. No mini fridge.

Complimentary warm cookies upon check in, pool and hot tub, bed was huge and comfortable.

Much better than the stars indicate

I did not get a cookie

Great drinks and service at the bar. Food was very quick and really good. Quesadilla was packed with chicken. People are friendly at the bar

The path and patio were nice i joe to visit again during the...

The pool was over filled along with the hot tub with kids in both all open hours for the breakfast buffet we were also never informed of the b real fast buffet coupons

The path and patio were nice i joe to visit again during the warmer months

Fair.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room had a bad, unclean odor. Use strong disinfectant when cleaning rooms. Entire hotel did not appear epic & span. Staff did NOT reconcile room needs such as an iron that was not functioning, & a fridge that was so noisy! At hotel restaurant, staff didn't seem attentive; I had to ask for coffee, TWICE!!

Hotel location convenient.

pre request extra pillows and towels
    • King Room - Disability Access with Tub/Non-Smoking

would like b'fast included, perhaps not poss. at the price we payed sunday brunch staff and room nice but selection was underwhelming

pre request extra pillows and towels quick response to request for more or different inroom coffees desk staff came to car and offered help w/o needing to be asked

We were in and out in less than 12 hours and glad to be able to do so with no hassles.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

What's with charging an extra $50 on my credit card even though the room charge had already gone through successfully? I could understand that if I had used a debit card; but why on a Credit Card? Made no sense and was a cause of concern about possible fraud. Staff did not point out the sign on the check-in counter until I came back downstairs to inquire about the extra charge the next morning. (The charge went through at 4:58 AM!! Crazy!)

Free parking; comfortable beds, newly renovated bathroom; fast check-in.

No microwave & refrigerator in any of the rooms.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No microwave & refrigerator in any of the rooms. It's a standard base offering in many other hotels, but for the price you charge customers, it would be quite helpful to have these in rooms

Probaly the best in boundbrook nj
    • King Room - Disability Access with Tub/Non-Smoking

I used a AMX for incidentals and someone ran the card for a OJ i purchased 8 hours later while i was using the card at another location. So was locked out my room.

Staff was nice restraint was good.

This place didn't honer booking reservation promises.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I have book through booking.com you charge as the room, when we get to the place, they dint have the room we reserve, they offer me other room with 1 king bed and sleeper sofa, staff say " take it or live " also they charge $50 extra . over all i'm not happy. I need to talk to some from booking.com

Just a hotel...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They had to move me to another room after driving 8 hours. My bathroom smelled like urine, tub was dirty and there was hair on the bathroom floor.

Beds were comfortable

I loved the room!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The dinner we ordered wasn't good and the breakfast could have been better as well

I loved the room! Everything was clean and there was enough room for my family to be comfortable

Lack of sleep

I was in room 120 and I wanted to be able to sleep in but I was awoken by a steady drip that was coming from the ceiling probably coming from the room above ours so I couldn't get back to sleep.

I loved that the room had great air conditioning.

Try to get a room facing courtyard. If possible.

Poor sound insulation and people hanging out late at night in the parking lot.

The proximity to my meeting venue, the facility was good and the pricing was decent.

Disappointing for a Hilton
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I also had a problem with the shower. nearly impossible to select the right water temperature. The airco was so loud that I had the feeling I was sleeping on the motorway.

Breakfast was good, especially the home made granola.

Would stay there again

No refrigerators in room and breakfast was expensive with no pancakes, waffles or traditional French toast to choose from

Location was perfect, hotel is nice, quiet area with easy access to highways, very clean, beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Hilton is ok
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Property is ok my concern is the room no refrigerator, no Mico wave, the shower was not going too much water in the tub while showering, could of been better for Hilton

The size and location and the indoor pool and the bar

I will not prefer to stay again even with less money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access - Roll In Shower/Non-Smoking

Everything was ok as per my money was spent All office building surrounded When I booked this property , it was not mentioned that it is in office building area No restaurant , drug store nearby

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Short Stay Comfort
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The appliances could be upgraded. They were dated.

Liked the kitchenette and the additional sink in the room. It was helpful traveling with a child. We were there a very short time so we didn't experience all of the facility.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

To be avoided for business trips!

The hotel refused to provide me with an invoice after my stay as they refuse to deliver invoices for reservations made through third parties. Even if I paid with my own credit card / my own money, they DO NOT deliver an invoice. So if you're on a business trip prepare yourself to get issues to be refunded by your company. In addition the personnel was not really nice... Hotel to be avoided!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The elevators were a little jumpy

Everything was great

Samir and Wendy in the restaurant/bar area were...

Everything was great

Samir and Wendy in the restaurant/bar area were phenomenal, really went above and beyond

The pool
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The way that they billed me

The pool

Clean and friendly

Clean and friendly

Location and the hotel is clean
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub/Non-Smoking

Outside pool was closed and i want the money to bhe exchanged which was not done by the hotel

Location and the hotel is clean

Amenities - there were none

Amenities - there were none

The place is pretty nicely located and the food is good too.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The place is pretty nicely located and the food is good too.

will avoid double tree next time
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No cookies and No HHreward member welcome packet ( water bottle) - terrible attitude/service by the guy at the reception.

Best hotel experience!

Loved everything!

Friendly people. Excellent food. Very quiet

OK but tired
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Building is old and tired. Would benefit from a refurbishment.

Convenient location

It was quiet and the grounds were nice

It was tuck away from everything

It was quiet and the grounds were nice

It was good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They did not have My reservation. I had to BOOK a reservation on site so I could get some sleep.

The cleaness of the property

Good service, would likely recommend it in the future.grounds were lovely

Beds could be more comfortable

Large rooms, clean

AWESOME

NOTHING EVERYTHING WAS EXCELLENT

ENJOYED THE DINNING EXPERIENCE AND ROOM COMFORT

İ will come again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very Clean and comfortable foom.

Very clean.

Very clean. Extremely friendly staff. Love it!!

When i have to stay in the New Brunswick area, this will be a hotel i would book again.

NA

Clean and modern appearance. Friendly staff. Decent food and bar.

After catching a stomache virus while there .

After catching a stomache virus while there . Instead of accommodating me for another night they sent me to another hotel . The food made me sick.

The slippery shower

The slippery shower

An excellent hotel with a professional and caring staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub/Non-Smoking

Very friendly, professional and caring staff. Breakfast was excellent! Will definitely give business when I visit the area next time!

A nice stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was a nice stay for the most part. I had a situation. However the Manager took care of it.

Everything was awesome

Everything was awesome

They charge me extra 50 USD
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

And I do not know whom to complain

They charge me extra 50 USD

Stay was great .... enjoyed the welcome cookie : )

The Staff

The bed was very comfortable

The breakfast the pool was to cold and no refrigerator In the room very disappointing.

The bed was very comfortable

Great stay.

Great stay....room was clean

OK
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They don't give a receipt if you book from booking.com

Room was big enough

Awesome wedding place.

little bit pricey

Peaceful location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Restaurant bar was very nice and had great food.

bed was comfy all in all was a nice stay in a clean hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

bed was comfy all in all was a nice stay in a clean hotel.

It was really good!

It was really good! There was even an indoor pool! Breakfast wasn't bad either! Good choice~

I didn't like the room at all

I didn't like the room at all

Too much guest activity.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Too much guest activity. Not being asked if I wanted to pay with the same card used for the reservation or a different card.

Ok

It was way to expensive

It was a buffet

arrived at 1 am in the night from a 10 hours flight and...

arrived at 1 am in the night from a 10 hours flight and waited 30 minutes for check in..

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

Rooms are dated. A renovation is necessary

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Lobby was beautiful

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Pleasant stay, no reason I wouldn't go back again.

all good

1 night stay; pleasant check-in (very good warm cookie nice touch) and quick painless checkout

Extremely unhappy. Never felt more unsafe

Severe burns when going into hot tub. Was 20 degrees too hot. Twice someone tried breaking into my room. 2nd time my lock was actually broken off.

bed was comfortable, restaurant and bar was good

bed was comfortable, restaurant and bar was good

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Parking facility

Parking facility

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

2nd time as good as the 1st time.

2nd great experience here. Staff were friendly but distracted by something this time. Came back here because of my great experience last time.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016