Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Fort Lee/George Washington Bridge 4 stars

2117 Route 4 Eastbound, Fort Lee, NJ 07024, USA

#1 of 4 hotels in Fort Lee

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location is in an awkward place. I had to find ways to get out to the city because the shuttle was always full. I had to pay $75 to be taken to the hotel because the staff did not make me aware of better transportation options. The price was great for the hotel but I spent just as much on Uber, car service, and the bus when I could have just paid a higher price for a hotel in the New York. And when I had to take the bus it doesn't take you all the way so then I had to use Uber and they were confused on how to get to the hotel. I had to use Uber over 7 or 8 times in 2 days and the driver always got lost. Next time I'll stay in the city.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly.

The Hotel is a rather isolated, and walking in the area is near impossible. So one depends completely on hotel shuttle or own car transport to get around. Make sure your booking includes a fridge. Was asked to pay extra to get one added to my room. The restaurants within the hotel are not worth the cost. And though it's clean and staff are well trained and very friendly, the hotel REALLY needs renovation.

The NYC shuttle to midtown, at $20 return, is a steal.

I had reserved a room with a king bed, I was given one with double bed and told there wasn't one available. But we waited and surprise, one WAS available. Second night we come to the room, no hot water and the hotel room telephone is dead, Using my cell phone I called the front desk but had an unresponsive and impolite clerk. Next room we moved to, the a/c was not working. We were moved again, to a third room right across from our original one. It's now 11:00 pm and still no response from hotel maintenance guy. No hotel manager on duty. I call room service the next morning for coffee and a PLAIN YOGURT NO GRANOLA. I get coffee and yogurt WITH granola. I request a shower cap and never receive. Should I continue?

Room service was fast. Location as expected very practical.

The bed was a little too soft and fluffy - but I like a hard mattress and pillows so that’s my normal dissatisfier for all hotels.

I loved the shuttle to New York City. It was so easy and convenient.

• Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Hotel location was perfect for the GFNY activities, but a little remote for visiting Manhattan. However, the hotel shuttle service to Manhattan is very convenient and relatively cheap.

There were no retaurants nearby or in walking distance of the hotel. You were limitrd to the two retaurants in the hotel.

The shuttle van service to New York CIty worked great!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was dirty, the hotel looked old and used from the inside. There was no fridge available unless you paid extra for which we were not told until the night before we left. There was blood on the walls and bed sheets from the cleaning lady. She didn't leave any towels when they cleaned, we had to go get them. They never changed the bedsheets the whole 4 days we were there, even after my kids got them dirty with their chips, and they didnt look clean the first day we got there. No free breakfast even though I read there was when I got the reservation. It was raining through the ceiling and was dripping everywhere in the lobby doorway. I would not recommend anyone to stay there nor will I stay there again.

The staff was nice when I checked in.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bed was horrible there was a curve in it. And it felt like when I was under the covers things where biting me so I slept with no covers

Parking and location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Found pubic hair on the wall of the bathtub, big stains in the comforters, carpet was not vacuumed properly, found hair ties on the floor and No AC...... That was the worse, set on 84 could not bring down the temperature since day in question was above normal weather at 70's. Picture were taken of everything stated in the review. will submit pictures if requested.

Staff was pleasant, night supervisor was cheerful and very pleasent, kudos to the night staff..... Checking out the Asian intern was also very pleasant and cheerful. Glad to see your welcoming staff is breath of fresh air...

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

OMG I love this place. The staff is so kind and the place is so clean like i can see my refletion on every window. S/o to Odelsia the cleaning staff member was so kind and warm welcoming to my mother in law and I. Zeendle thank you very much for your time and help :). Whooop whoop my girl Samantha thank you very much. 5 Star rating. The jacuzzi was so hot and pleasing. I would definitely come back. Thank you very much you guys :) Sincerely, Judith T.

The fitness room is very small, no yoga equipment, location obliged a car- not in walking distance to any plave

clean, large room, Coffey facilities, nice resturants- Italian and japanese, jaccuzi near the nice pool

No lightbulbs Noise from outside in the morning Curtains did not close properly No smoking room smells like cigarettes Small rooms

Bed is comfortable

• Executive Floor Double Room

Paid for and expected something that they did not offer the weekend. They did try to explain.. Requested that I call first then, reserve the room. Excecutive room is a basic room with mini fridge/microwave. Front desk staff told me three different stories on cost.. Friendly but, lack of knowledge.

Micheal the shuttle driver was very nice!

Loved everything!

The staff was extremely accommodating they allowed me to have late check out which was very helpful as well They brought whatver was needed for example extra towels a cot as soon as requested They were going to allow me to cancel a room when I thought one of my children weren’t going to stay. The child stayed in the end and they allowed us to keep the room. They went out of their way to be accommodating and theirfor I would go again and recommend this hotel to friends. Wishing you the best of luck!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms were good sized for a big city. Free parking! You get all the perks of NYC without the cost. Shuttle makes it so easy to get into town. Will make this my NYC trip hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

In my party, none of us are big Japanese restaurant lovers so the restaurant inside would have been a better choice for me had it been chicken, steak and ribs. But that's just a personal choice.

Being able to leave my car and get a shuttle to the city put this hotel over the top. The piping hot jacuzzi didn't hurt either. The staff was great!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was amazingly friendly and informative. The shuttle to NYC was convenient and drivers were also very pleasant. Highly recommended!!! Pool hours were great! Italian restaurant was excellent.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We set the heat to 72 early in the evening but could not get the room cooled down below 69. Much too warm for sleeping.

The room was great, bedding and bath linens great. Restaurant excellent.

• Executive Floor King Room

Hard location to go out and return quickly by car.. probably just a very busy area

Nice indoor pool and hot tub, great hours 6am til midnight. Full service restaurant and room service availability

No microwaves, fridge was extra charge. Room thermostat was pre-set and room stayed cooler then our comfort level. Shuttle did not run as advertised.

Free parking staff was friendly

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

This was the worst stay I've had in a hotel in a very long time. My bathroom was dirty, there was glass on the floor in my room. I was overcharged by room service and later told they can't do anything.

The only issue I had was that the shower curtain rod was not tightened to the wall and therefore the curtain kept shifting to the middle of the rod getting the floor next to the toilet very wet.

Everything was pretty decent

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only the location if you haven't got a car.

Friendly staff had a slight problem with the room, they responded straight away giving us complementary breakfast for the whole stay.

The a/c unit kept blowing in our room. Maintenance had to keep coming to our room to reset the a/c. Some of the daytime servers were extremely rude and took forever to get service sometime, especially when your on a timed schedule. The spa wasn't hot enough most of the time. One night it was 92 and maintenance came and said it was fine. Obviously he wanted nothing to do with it. Also the lamps attached to wall have buttons that are on when it's dark making it hard to sleep.

It was close to I-95 and the shuttle service to the city was super convenient.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was clean and very quiet staff were pleasant and they even fave my baby some cookies.Everything was great they have a swimming pool.Next time we visit, I will make sure we use the pool.

The room smelled (cant define exact origin), hot water took few minutes to arrive and the room lacked refrigerator although there was a place for it (only later I found out that they can bring you one if asked for)

Staff were helpful and ready to assist. They have a shuttle that takes you to Manhattan and it cost only 10 bucks.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No refrigerator in the room.

The shuttle was perfect for us to relax and arrive in the heart of New York city with out the stress. No refrigerator in the room.

Facility dark old fashion! Dirty fans filters visible naked eye. Heating needed did not work. Cost to high compare to similar hotels in that area.

Needed a place to stay overnight

High cost of transportation by hotel shuttle to city if you wanted to get in the morning and return for a shower then go back for the evening 2 people cost $80.00 each day.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Internet service to the rooms was not secured. The room was "older" but clean

The room was clean and comfortable. The shuttle into NYC was very convenient; staff were very courteous and friendly.

• Executive Floor King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It's a family dining and kids were naturally a little rowdy,but not too bad..Parents kept them from making too much noise.

the server was lovely and fruit was yummy. We dined in hotel dining room Saturday evening. Very good dinner! With superb waiter. We really enjoyed the dinner, yummy and we enjoy the experience.It was a little noisy, kids running but not too bad

• Executive Floor Double Room

The smell of mildew in the bathroom overpowered the room, I think it's the cloth shower curtains that don't dry. Awful smell

I loved the staff and the breakfast.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel is a bit isolated from Fort Lee business district because of the intersections of many highways.

The shuttle to midtown Manhattan was great. Staff was very friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No microwave or refrigerator in room unless you pay for executive room or pay extra. Shuttle to city available for $20 round trip per person? Should be complimentary. Gift shop small and was closed on weekend.

Restaurant on premises, close to NYC, staff friendly and helpful, free cookie at check in

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Not all of the outlets in the room worked which is frustrating when traveling with 4 young girls who want to get dressed up. The rest room sink clogged an hour before we left

The location was close to the GWB. It had a pool for the kids and free parking.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

did not have enough towels or toiletries when I asked for the extra towels at 6:30am, front desk answered there is no one to bring it up as he is there by himself. really? entire hotel?

perfect location right across George washington bridege. very easy to get to NYC

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The older gentleman at front desk was very rude and condescending. He should not be at the front desk. What a poor representation of the hotel brand. The air conditioner was turned off at the fuse box. Very hot and muggy the first night

The doorman Melvin was extremely nice And helpful

The only issue I can think of is you have to circle route 4 to gain access

Room was clean staff polite and helpful. Shuttle bus very good idea. The breakfast was excellentl

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

the location is not convenient to take local transportation to Manhattan. The hotel offer complimentary shuttle bus but the bus driver is always not available when we need to go back to hotel. Seems like they only offer shuttle bus when we go out of hotel. Besides, you cannot walk to local street from the hotel to take bus. It is right next to highway. One of the young Asian front desk staff is not friendly. We request shuttle bus and we wait for the driver for about 10 minutes. And then he told us that the driver is back and ask us why we don't talk to the driver. Other staff help us to contact the driver but this guy didn't and expect us know what he is in his mind. So, if you need shuttle bus, be sure to ask for detail what to do :-(

My room had a dusty, empty space where a fridge would normally be placed. If the room does not have a fridge, I don't want to be reminded of what I am missing.

The staff and lobby were nice. Also, there was free parking and a shuttle to NYC. We didn't use the shuttle, but it was nice to know it was an option.

I thought I had left my set of keys behind and called the hotel. The front desk associate said she would check with housekeeping and get back to me. We checked out on Sunday, it is now Wednesday and I am still waiting to hear back from someone.

No chair on one side of room or space to move one.

Attentive staff in restsurant, especially waiters. Found out there were shuttle buses to NYC but we used our car because we traveled with local relatives, too.

Bathroom had a moldy smell I believe it was the shower curtain 👎 Paint was chipping in the bathroom. Not enough staff to check in two line of about 5 people each I hate waiting overall it was a good stay

Bed was comfortable room was clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

When checking in I asked to make sure my points were applied to my account for future travel. When I checked in the morning they hadn't been.

The location was perfect.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There isnt a lot of places to eat without having to go over the bridge. One take out wouldn't deliver and it was in the packet they gave us at front desk. Their is a restaurant on site but not what a 13 yr old would eat.

Check in staff was wonderful. We asked for extra towels and they were brought right up.

• Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We really enjoyed out stay, but we used Uber for our transportation back and fourth to the Zoo, aquarium, etc. it was less than a cab (average $45 each way) but still a lot - however, if you don't like heavy traffic this is the only way to get around.

• Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Air conditioning system in the room did not work. I called the service and ordered maintenance while I was out of the room during the day. However, nothing has been changed at all. Also, there was no hair dryer in the room and I needed to call the front to get it. The air conditioning system in this hotel did not work for my room in my previous trip as well. A guy at the front when I checked out was not so much interested in my report. He even did not ask any further information to me.

Great access to NYC via GWB. Free parking. Great value for area. Odd but ok access off bridge access road(95). Italian restaurant excellent and moderatly priced. Breakfast buffet was fair compared with other chains.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

You can only leave the hotel via vehicle on a heavily-trafficked, one-way access road. Nothing is walkable. Indoor pool was undergoing renovations during our stay.

Attractive, well-maintained hotel. Executive Lounge for HHonors members was comfortable and well-staffed. Reliable and convenient shuttle bus.

I had two reservations, the room price was the higher price and the staff were indifferent to my issue with the price. It was late upon my arrival and I did not realize I had booked two rooms.

beds comfortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I love the rooms, bed is SO comfortable but there are 2 lights by the bed that have a push button & at night they are orange and SO bright! I had a hard time sleeping on this trip so if those lights could be turned off or decreased in the brightness, I would sleep much better.

The staff is always friendly when I walk in the door & check in. Lana, in the restaurant remembered me from 8/2015 when I stayed at the hotel to move my son into college! I was impressed & those "little" things make a difference and make me want to stay again!

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

No mini-fridge in the room. If you're driving to the hotel using GPS, it's tricky trying to locate the address using GPS. We have a garman which was unable to find "route 4 eastbound". You may need to use "State Hwy 4" or "Hwy 4" for it to recognize it. It is located right off of I95, so traffic can be tough to navigate. Otherwise, room was very nice and clean.

The shuttle service to Manhattan is totally worth it. Shuttle drivers are very friendly. The drop off/pick up location is centrally located to Central Park, Rockefeller Center, and Times Square.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

In room coffee maker had junk in the reserve and was very small. Can get coffee in the lobby. Everything else was nice. The staff are awesome. Very friendly and accommodating.

Convenience taking the shuttle to NYC

• Executive Floor King Room

The jacuzzi did not work. We had the bubble and ready to have fun but it did not power up. Room 1509. What a shame. Everything else was fine. I would revisit if facilities are in top shape.

Staff, very pleasant, respectful, responsive, and professional, from the front desk, to janitorial

• Executive Floor King Room

Bathroom sink was a little slow to drain. Not exactly a major issue. Access from Manhattan requires a u-turn off the highway and also, no way to walk in/off the property.

Hotel is super comfortable, has a shuttle to Manhattan, and the lobby restaurant is surprisingly tasty. Both the lobby and the exec dining staff are very attentive and wonderful.

Pool was cold for kids. Location only accessible from one direction off major highway. Going East easy, coming from the west you need to do a cloverleaf turn to get back on the highway you exited to get to the other side.

Did not have meals there except for a quick bite at Japanese restaurant. Staff helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Issues-The fee to check in to this hotel with a debit card for starters. If you don't look at your bill carefully yourself, they don't tell you upfront about this fee. You are told that it will be refunded within 7-14 days. It has not been. I called the hotel and was told that it had been released and refunded, my bank has no record of this. This is exactly why I prefer to not stay at hotels and prefer Air BNB or HomeAway. These hidden fees are ridiculous. The last day of our trip, the shuttle driver locked the keys in the van while in Downtown New York It was after 9:00. The van had clearly been overbooked and we waited for over an hour for them to first try and get the door unlocked with a hanger, and then call the hotel in NJ to have somebody bring a spare key, which turned out not to work. Not one word was said to us while we were waiting (in the cold). They ended up having to make two trips to get all of the people who had been sold tickets to the van. We ended up getting back to the hotel after 11:30 at night. On another day, we came back after a long day in the city to find our room had not been cleaned at all. We called down to the front desk and was told somebody would come clean it. At 10:00 at night, we had to wait down in the lobby while this happened. The location of this hotel is probably it's saving grace if you can't get a room directly in the city. It is just a standard, basic hotel. It is certainly not a luxury hotel or even what you would call a really "nice" hotel. It is just an average, run of the mill older hotel that serves the purpose of providing lodging.

I appreciated the fact that the hotel was close to the city, and the shuttle service was helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Over priced. The shower was uncomfortable and made a big mess. The room service was terrible. Twice out of the 5 nights, our room didn't even receive room service

The bed was comfy.

• Executive Floor Double Room

The room could have been cleaner. Double Tree is suppose to be nice, but we were getting bit all night from bugs, my girlfriend and I woke up with bug bites all over our bodies, there were no bites before we went to sleep...also my girlfriend stepped on a thumbtack that the cleaning service apparently didn't clean up before we were there. There were dried blood stains on the comforter, it at least looked washed, but it was still stained and visible.

The manager gave us the room complimentary after we were getting bit in our sleep all night from bugs and because my girlfriend stepped on the thumbtack with her bare foot on way to the bathroom.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dim lighting, dripping taps, location in a gridlock between highways, felt trapped., and restaurant food was not great

Comfortable beds, good heating. Helpful staff,, enjoyed the complimentary chic chip cookie on arrival

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Air conditioning didn't work and they fixed it but it leaked. We then were transferred to another room and the air conditioner only worked after consisting resetting the breaker. Too much of incovience to transfer to another room with kids. Disappointed in that.

Nice bed and location for NYC.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had to change rooms after the first night The beds were shot and broken down There was mold in shower and the outlet in bathroom would not allow plugs in to stay

Laura at the front desk was very nice and professional

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Room wasn't cleaned properly. Have to have additional lighting(poor lighting).

Comfortable bed! Van will take you to medical facility. Will give taxi information. USA paper availability.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

My hair dryer and curling iron could not fit into the wall outlet. The outlet was too loose.

The staff was extremely helpful throughout the entire visit. The cleaning staff did a wonderful job. Overall we had a great experience.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Executive Floor Double Room

The only down fall- The second night the AC unit was not working, the room was very hot at 77degrees. I called maintenance at 2:00am, they were down within 5 minutes. But the AC shut down again. Very tough sleeping the 2nd night. I wish I had called earlier to switch out of room.

Super friendly staff from the second you arrive, every shuttle ride weather 10:00am or 11:00pm was quick and friendly, doors held open.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

No breakfast. Booking.com website stated this room had a refrigerator and microwave, but it did not. The front desk said that if you want a refrigerator, there is an extra $20 fee. Refrigerators and microwaves seem to be standard fare today, but this hotel wants more money for what should be included. Seems like they want a fee for everything! We talked to a young woman at the front desk about transportation in NYC. She was ill informed. We will not be staying here again, unless a refrigerator and microwave are included in the booking price. We had to cancel our last night and the rep from booking.com was very helpful and professional. Without his help, the hotel was not going to let us cancel. Thanks to booking.com for helping us.

Fairly close to NYC. Provides shuttle to the city for a fee.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

The time we went, the United Nations was in and Clinton was at a hotel near the drop off point where the van service dropped off. The security was tight and snarled traffic pretty bad.

Roll away bed for our daughter was comfortable. Staff was very helpful with questions, since it was our first time visiting NJ/NY. Nice to have a hotel with a van service to NYC.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Place is worn, needs rehabilitation , rugs need cleaning, needs a coat of paint. Shower could use an update

Location to NYC, parking facilities transportation location great.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Easy parking Easy check in Friendly and courteous staff Room service prompt and respect9 Food was very good Housekeeping was vety cooperative Check out was easy

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

This is no fault of the hotel's, but it's a little confusing to drive there. Just trust your GPS and go for it. You'll feel like you're driving in circles, and you are. :-)

I've stayed at this property before in the past and liked it, and it's undergone further upgrades since I've been there. The staff is just lovely. There is a sushi restaurant located on site for which a 15% off coupon is provided at check-in. I had a wonderful lunch the day we checked out. The location is a short drive to Yankee Stadium, and the free parking garage is a nice bonus, especially in the hot weather.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Executive Floor King Room

Bathroom was dirty, hair was found in the bathtub on the faucet, handles and in tub. I Requested back towels and did not receive them. So I had to request them two separate times before I got them.

Staff at the front desk was very courteous, kind and polite.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The price of the hotel was a bit high.

Food was awesome but the price was a bit high. The breakfast buffet was awesome and the omlet was awesome . The breakfast was resonaby priced. The shuttle brought us to the bridge no charge and she was very polite and kind. The cookies were awesome and a surprise. Staff very helpful.. Loved it

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

bookings gave info of fridge and microwave very important when you have children. this is one of the reasons we booked. however when we arrived niether amenity was available my husband had to complain to a manager to get a fridge put in and we never got the microwave.

really clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Room was not cleaned well at all. Dirty glasses left in room till I complained. Not enough wash cloths and towels.not vacumed table and dresser not whipped off. Very dissatisfied with room.

Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

I got into my first room the AC wasn't working and one of the handles on the drawer was broken. And there was no refrigerator and they wanted to charge me $35 for a refrigerator..