Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay 3 stars

1717 North Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33132, USA

#91 of 213 hotels in Miami

• Junior King Suite with Balcony & Partial Bay View

Nothing negative to stay about our stay.

Location was great, rooms were very spacious, food court was wonderful good variety of shops. Transportation (free trolly and train) was awesome.. concierge very helpful and knowledgeable about surroundings and entertainment. Front Office Staff/Housekeeping was always respectful and helpful.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Kitchen

Highly recommended worth every amount I paid. I should have stayed at the property the entire time I was there. Great 1 bedroom condo! Hot tub made it even better!

• King Room with Balcony & Bay View

There was some confusion between I and the front desk, but by the end of my stay, it was cleared up.

Polite and to the point room service. The pool is beautiful and huge. Watch out for the grackles(birds). Had one land on my head while pacing on the phone between little bushy corridors. Lovely mermaid statue. The balcony was a dream having never stayed at a Miami hotel in downtown. Lots of street art to see on the way to the hotel.

• Double Room with Balcony & Park View

The distant of the room from the elevator, how the floor have stairs and I was with my luggage

I like that the hotel have a lot of varieties around where u can go and eat. Also a lot of activities to have fun.

• King Suite with Balcony & Bay View

Not so clean. Sigar point from other guests on the balcony.Hears in the bath room.

Very busy location. Parking only through valet parking at 30 dollar a day. Expensive but convenient. Only a few floors are for the hotel from floor 6 till 9. I thought we could have a room higher up but this was not possible. Beautiful sight to the port

• King Room with Bay View - Disability Access/Roll-In Shower

Air conditioning sounded like there was a truck revving in our room, had to switch it off. No lounge seating area. Only four chairs round by the lift.

The view from our balcony, for which I paid extra.

• Junior King Suite with Balcony & Partial Bay View

Most hotels have free internet now, I was surprised you needed a Hilton Honors id.

I actually live in The Grand but have my unit rented it, which is why I was staying at the DoubleTree. Love the size of the rooms, never seen bigger.

• Junior King Suite with Balcony & Partial Bay View

I had a very bad experience at the Hilton Doubletree in Miami. 1) First of all, Hotels.com charged me 40 dollars for three breakfasts. There appeared not to be any breakfast on site. Instead they gave me THREE breakfast vouchers worth 10 DOLLARS EACH with which I could go to surrounding restaurants. This meant the discomfort of leaving the hotel premises in the morning and second of all I had overpaid 10 dollars in my reservation. 2) WiFi was not complimentary. Surprising in the 21st century, especially when you pay >300$ per night for a room. 3) On the morning of Sunday April 29 there were three half-dressed and seemingly homeless men sleeping in the hallway right in front of my bedroom. I felt very unsafe. This is unacceptable for any hotel business. I tried to file a complaint afterwards but could not find an email address or complaint form online. I would not recommend the Hilton Doubletree to anyone.

• Junior King Suite with Balcony & Partial Bay View

They gave me the wrong room. Then when they changed my room they had no one to help w/ bags. I got the new key and it didn't work in the elevator. The room smelled like smoke. Staff was rude.

The location is great

• Double Room with Balcony & Park View

Could not access WiFi with code provided. Also TV did not work and after requesting assistance no one came. This was during our Apr. 8 stay. We went to dinner and did not pursue assistance.

Very clean facility.

• Double Room with Balcony & Bay View

Our room wasn’t ready at check-in but the staff was accommodating and communicative. We were in our room about half an hour after check-in time.

Room views, excellent location, and great accessibility to shops and restaurants.

• Junior King Suite with Balcony & Partial Bay View

The staff there is absolutely horrible. Their attitudes make your stay unenjoyable and just asking a simple question seems like a hassle for them. They're very rude and being that they work at the front desk where you HAVE to go when you first arrive and check out, it's just very unpleasant. They definitely were not helpful at all and god forbid you ask them to do something other than check you in and check you out. It's obvious they hate working there and if you honestly hate your job that much you should just quit. In our bathroom, there was also a little mold in our shower. They also charge you an extra $10 per night when you request a microwave which is absolutely ridiculous when you're already paying $280-$300 per night. I absolutely love Doubletree hotels but this one just really did not meet my expectations.

The bed was veryyy comfortable. The room we had was spacious and very clean. We had a lovely view from our room as well.

• Double Room with Bay View - Disability Access

book see view room but floor are very low, was 6th floor,we can't really see what we want to see

pity has no drinking water at weekend , and in Miami has 3 Doubletree hotel make sure you tell taxi driver is No1717 North bayshore drive

• King Room with Balcony & Park View

The internet signal was poor and was unable to connect to the internet for most of the time. At the time they were having problems with the cooling system, so my room got somewhat warm and the thermometer didn't register. The staff apologized and gave me some extra points on my rewards for the inconvenience of both.

The staff was super friendly. Views from my room were beautiful!

• King Suite with Balcony & Bay View

The air conditioner was extremely noisy I had to turn it off. The maintenance came but it was only marginally better. The rug under and around the bed was filthy! The bidet was not clean...regardless I never would get close to it...

Great view. Friendly staff.

The bathroom ceiling had mold spots.

I liked the size of the room it was very spacious and it had an amazing view. The beds were comfortable and the room was very clean.

• King Room with Balcony & Park View

For 2 nights the air conditioner did not work. First night in one room and a second night in the other room that was provided for us. At the end I had go down to the lobby and ask for someone that could fix the problem, they send a person the person fix the problem and told me. They had problems with the cooling tower and they had to reset the compressor for the rooms. I mean if they knew they had this problem maybe form the since the first night at the hotel they should’ve told their guests just i case they had this problem in their rooms and I would have been able to get a good night sleep from the first night not the last.

• Double Room with Balcony & Bay View

The restaurant information provided said that the Seafood restaurant was open until 11PM, but when we arrived at 10PM on 2/7/18, we were turned away because they said they were closing.

Beautiful location, very nice staff

• Junior King Suite with Balcony & Partial Bay View

The noise at the pool area. Really. The landscape guy with the blower needs to go away. Really. Hours with the blower screwing around. You know they make electric ones that are quiet. Or - he could use a rake and people could use the pool.

The retail area needs some attention.

• Junior King Suite with Balcony & Partial Bay View

The staff is not friendly at all, no one helped me with my bags, they were rude at the reception and every time I asked a question during my stay. The room was not cleaned well, in fact I found several insects in the bathroom.

The room and the location are nice.

• King Room with Balcony & Park View

Didn't like the cold room temperature. Couldn't change thermostat.

I love the view of the bay from my balcony at night. I felt like I was in Brazil. I love the view of the cruise ships dock the next morning for my cruise.

• King Room with Balcony & Park View

The cold weather over the last few days

Only stayed one night after flying in from London so didn't get to use or see all But the stay was very good and helpful staff in reception everyone very friendly

• Double Room with Balcony & Bay View

Morning room service delivered our breakfast to another room so we had to fix that problem.

The view was fabulous - there were great places to eat on the property.

• King Room with Balcony & Park View

I was very happy with our stay.

The front end staff were very friendly and helpful. We arrived late but we were still able to get something to eat in the lounge/Restaurant. And the cookies smelled so good - nice and warm. My husband loves the cookies!

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Kitchen & Balcony

Balcony was noisy from car traffic. Not a great location to walk anywhere. Unit needs maintenance. Ex. guest bathroom shower controls and doors were broken. Better attention to detail in cleaning. Ex.guest bedroom had thick dust behind night stands and the cleaning staff missed spilled drink and glow sticks that fell behind nightstand. The rest of unit was pretty good. The pool was in the shade for most of the day.

There are 2 towers with a shared lobby. One tower is the hotel and the other is the condo units (which is also a residential building). We had the 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo unit. Very spacious, nicely decorated, comfortable beds and linens. Large balcony and great city view with a decent view of the bay. Good for family or 2 couples to stay. Central to the main attractions. Close to cruise port. The attached mini mall was quite handy. 4 restaurants with good food, little grocery and deli, liquor store, pharmacy, etc. In front of hotel is a marina that has water activity rentals and boat charters. Overall a very comfortable stay and we were quite happy with the accommodations. 8/10

• King Room with Balcony & Park View

We stayed here between cruises. You could see the port from the balcony, the pool and hot tub area was fantastic, There are dinning options on the main floor, and shops. The Hop on Hop off (big bus) had a stop right outside the Hotel, which was awesome. It was only a 10 min cab ride back to the port, at a cost of $12.00 which was a better price than the hotel offered, and we choose our own time to leave. Would definitely stay here again if and when we are back in Miami.

• King Room with Balcony & Park View

Nothing negative to say, entire stay was all positive.

Great reasonable priced hotel. Stayed here the night before our cruse. Situated on the water so you can enjoy a beverage on the back deck and enjoy the fabulous view or take a nice stroll though downtown Miami

• King Room with Balcony & Park View

The room was nothing like it was portrayed. The furniture was noticeably under cared for and dingy. The,albeit, large tv was unresponsive with one of its HDMI ports (which is pretty much the universal device connector now) and wobbled quite precariously. Which was a serious concern considering the $150 deposit that they insisted we pay before check in. No where in our booking process was that mentioned. A $568 stay turned into $711. Not to mention the pool having cigarette butts raining down from above and floating in the water. We just expected a lot more... No delivery on that expectation.

The bed was indeed like a cloud. The shower was wonderful and quite spacious once inside.

• King Room with Balcony & Park View

The tile floor was a bit dirty, looked like a coffee spill not cleaned up right. My wife got over it cause the bathroom was clean and the shower was nice.

Great hold over spot after cruise waiting to fly out later. Would stay longer in the future.

• Double Room with Balcony & Park View

Old worn out facilities, grouchy and indifferent staff, our room was so far from the elevators and there was a set of stairs that we had to haul our luggage over! I was not even told about where breakfast would be at time of check in and I am Hilton Honors member 🙄

Almost nothing

• King Room with Balcony & Park View

No hot water, when I called the reception they didn’t took it in consideration. AC frozen, couldn’t adjust. No one helped carrying the bags, not even one smile during the stay. Too expensive for a bad service. Dodgy restaurants and shops inside.

• King Room with Balcony & Park View

people were rude, valet damaged vehicle, rooms were confusing to get to, keys didn't work right creating a problem for disabled, air condition quit working in one of our rooms, porter dunned me after my wife forget to tip him IT WAS TERRIBLE

nothing really

• Double Room with Balcony & Park View

the elevator to the pool doesn't work. the bathroom door was broken. doesn't have shuttle to the airport

the bed was fantastic the pool and jacuzzi was fantastic too.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Kitchen

the pool, the reception, the fact the room is within a shared condo, so you often find many people that actually live there going up and down in the lift. - lots of dogs in the building too.

the view

• Double Room with Balcony & Bay View

Only thing I didn't like that the main comforter had cigarette burns, yes it was a smoking room but maybe new ones but overall grate

Like that bathroom was clean too to bottom... love it and the room was clean as well

• Double Room with Balcony & Park View

Cleanliness. Pillows smelled like like dirty skin. When I called to complain they took an hour to bring pillows. when they brought the pillows they were tiny pillows -at that point I gave up.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Kitchen

The spacious condo was well appointed great views, very comfortable bed, great location. Had a small problem with the first condo and management attended to it immediately to our satisfaction and changed our condo. Plenty of places to eat and good service close by. Would be happy to stay there again.

• Three-Bedroom Apartment with Kitchen

Some days the cleaners didn't even clean the room. When I rang reception and requested a cleaner, they came up but had minimal English speaking skills so could not understand what I wanted them to do :(

The 3 bedroom suite was beautiful!

• King Suite with Balcony & Bay View

I didn't like the air in the hallway;it was too cold. I wish the balcony was a little bigger.

I love the shower and the jacuzzi. I felt so relaxing! I also love the activities they for the visitors. The jetboat was cool!

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Kitchen & Balcony

Didn't really have any complaints.

Our 2 bedroom condo was excellent!! Lots of space and storage. The pool and hot tubs were very relaxing. Great location to area attractions. Free Metro Mover transportation within walking distance from the hotel. Lots of shops within the hotel. Valet parking attendants were very efficient with getting our car to us in a reasonable time. Our requests from hotel staff was taken care of within 30 minutes or less.

• Junior King Suite with Balcony & Partial Bay View

It was hard to get around. If u live there ur good. Some people were a little unfriendly to us.

The room was great. Bed was so comfortable. View was awesome. Near everything. I loved it all. Quite expensive but it Miami.

• Double Room with Balcony & Park View

Mattress and pillows a little tough Not enough light in the room The lamps aren't bright enough for reading, more like ambient lighting.

Location near a walkable park and proximity to relatives apartment (I'm visiting them) Newspapers available for guests Restaurants in building are great

• Junior King Suite with Balcony & Partial Bay View

The bed was comfy I didn't want to get out of it

The bed was nice and comfy,the room was nice and clean,if I plan another trip to Florida I would book this hotel again...

• Double Room with Balcony & Park View

Room service sucked and the toilet didn't flush and the bathroom sink wouldn't drain in the master bedroom

Location and the condo style room with a kitchen

• Junior King Suite with Balcony & Partial Bay View

Food was a pricey, and although the hotel was nice, it was also pricey for only being a 3 star hotel. They were missing the little details like pool towels and mini bar, no ice in the ice machines.

Room was nice and big, bed was comfortable, had a massage with Keith at Joe Lupos health club and it was the best massage I have ever had! Location was perfect for us as I had to renew my passport and the renewal location was in the hotel.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Junior King Suite with Balcony & Partial Bay View

Although the staff was friendly, when they were busy, they missed sharing some information and the wait time to reach them was long.

The location of the hotel is excellent. Their rooftop pool and hot tub are a great addition to the experience. The suites are spacious and comfortable, with a large balcony.

• Double Room with Balcony & Park View

The room needed a good deep clean and the balcony was absolutely filthy.

Nice comfortable beds. After complaining about not getting our booked view, see photo, we were moved to a "better" room. (See didn't like)

• Double Room with Balcony & Park View

The front desk personnel should be trained better to be able to inform the guests of the policies of the hotel. The air condition did not work properly although we called maintenance.

The location is great. In the lobby of the hotel they have everything, good restaurants, deli, coffee, clothing stores, etc. There is a cafeteria that serves great food,

• King Room with Balcony & Park View

The a/c vent made a constant noise almost sounded like there was somebody having trouble breathing, also someone left the alarm clock program for 4 o'clock in the morning so that kind of messed up our sleep as well.

Nice room, good shower, clean

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• King Room with Balcony & Park View

The parking was on the pricey side. While well kept and clean the facilities were a bit outdated. But we would absolutely stay there again.

The saltwater pool was awesome, along with a bar by the pool. Nice gym and restaurants on site. Next door to a nice park with a playground for my toddler. We were upgraded to a condo with a beautiful view of the bay. The staff was very courteous.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Double Room with Balcony & Park View

There's a 50 dollar deductible that you're not told about until you check in. Also you almost have to valet park, and it's kind of expensive at 30 a day/night. It was also automatically charged to my room which I didn't agree too, I would've rathered pay it in cash than have an additional fee to my card- but these were all minor things, overall it was a good stay.

I stayed at this hotel for one night when I had to stop in Miami. I think it was a good deal for the price of the room. I arrived at about 6 and there was no one in line to check in so it was a quick process. My room was clean and very spacious. The bathroom had a few signs of wear and tear but nothing bad. I ate at one of the little restaurants located in the hotel, it was cheap and they gave you plenty of food. I'd stay here if I was in the area again.

• King Room with Balcony & Bay View

The reception staff were a little distracted and slow when we arrived.

The view of the marina was beautiful! The location was perfect for our needs. We enjoyed the stores and restaurants nearby.

• King Room with Balcony & Park View

Valet parking gave me the wrong car key on leaving hotel. My car started since my wife was sitting in the front seat with the spare in her pocket. The car has a Go-key which only requires it to be in your pocket to press the start button. Soooo... I had to make a trip back to the hotel later that day to change to trade back for my key 7 hrs later. Do not know what happened to the poor other car which did not have a key! Biggest problem is management at this hotel took about a month to get back to me after I reported it after numerous attempts to receive response from them. A security problem should NOT take a month to respond to. Supposedly valet service is outsourced! Time to drop them!

Usual DoubleTree quality.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Junior King Suite with Balcony & Partial Bay View

Got back to room today we were gone all day and room was not made up . Beds not made up no clean towels no trash thrown out..very disappointed. The hotel is beautiful..

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Double Room with Balcony & Park View

Everything was great until I saw two roaches in the bathroom and I body seemed to want to help. I'm going to talk to their corporate team

The view and the rooms were nice

• Double Room with Balcony & Park View

The front desk was not as accommodating as I would like. I needed a late check out because my flight was delayed. Not to mention, I'm a diamond Hilton Honors member.

The shopping location near the hotel, and the view and access to the bay. The location was a key factor to booking this hotel.

• Three-Bedroom Apartment with Kitchen

I arrived at 2:00 but a room was not available to me until after 4:30 that was my issue

Hotel was very nice very clean! I really enjoyed the comfort of the bed. The view was excellent

• Double Room with Balcony & Park View

Poor experience at check in & check out - inattentive staff who barely acknowledged my presence. Armed security guard in lobby - Is Miami so violent? Having to pay for the internet as an extra - this is 2017 No hot water so a cold shower for me in the morning - nice!

• King Room with Balcony & Park View

I thought the cost was excessive for the accommodations. For what we paid, I would have expected more amenities and a bit more luxurious room.

Location was great...nice views. Easy access to port for our cruise

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• King Room with Balcony & Park View

Big huge room. No comfy chairs and table for sitting area in this huge room. Need a map of area to navigate.We needed to depend on friend who had been there before. Registry desk people seemed annoyed and curt- like they wanted to be done with us as soon as possible, and not very friendly. Also room decor and color not welcoming and cozy- very stark and grey. Need some accent colors for spark.

Loved the bed! Super comfy. Nice view from nice balcony to see water and sunrise. Plenty of room and counter space for toiletries etc. Gorgeous outdoor pool and jacuzzi area although no time to use since to cruise ship next day. Loved walking by boats and sit by wate.r

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• King Room with Balcony & Park View

The $300/night price made me expect a 4-5 star hotel, but it felt more like a 2-3 star experience. Bathroom counter was dirty and the rest of the room just felt average. $150/night would have been a more appropriate price.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

• King Room with Balcony & Park View

Getting woke up at 7 am by work men cartooning out work in hotel also air con was far too noisy to use so the room was far too hot

We were Woking at 7 am with banging from work men we were told they wouldn't start until 9 but us and other on our floor were woke up at 7 with banging sounds from them

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

The view

The food was amazing and staff was friendly. The room was like a small condo. I just wished I had a view of the water instead of the parking lot...

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Double Room with Balcony & Park View

Complementary Wifi did not work in the wing we stayed in. Front desk said they would "send someone up" twice and never did. It was frustrating and there was no resolution for the problem. If we had paid $9.95 for it I would have been VERY unhappy. But, since I didn't pay for Wifi and didn't get Wifi I am only dissatisfied.

The valet service was very quick and the valet was very nice.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Double Room with Balcony & Park View

The room was really far away from the elevator, you have to go through an endless corridor, depending on the room you get.

Everything was as expected. The pool and jacuzzi are enjoyable

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Junior King Suite with Balcony & Partial Bay View

No tub, so couldn't use the bath bombs that I purchased and looking forward to. The door had scratch marks. At some point when I returned at 12 am the AC was not working. It was blowing air but it was not cold.

The beds are really soft and great quality. The room was very spacious.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Kitchen

I didn't like that valet left my car lights on and that caused my car battery to die and I never got a jumped before from another car but when I was at the grand double tree I had to. it was vey embarrassing and it got in the way of my day and boat ride i had planned for my family.

Everything was perfect just didn't know if they had breakfast in the morning

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• King Room with Bay View - Disability Access/Roll-In Shower

Smells of stale smoke. Very very noisy air con. Rude staff. Very expensive. Nice view of some decent hotels near by. Hilton family stay here? I think not.

Smelly noisy overpriced dump. There are so many better hotels in Miami for less money. Find another place to stay.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• King Room with Balcony & Park View

Manager was HIGH on drugs, yes she was high i said that right. She would not address my problems and just kept saying nothing other then shaking her head. even when confronted with fact that i believed she was under the influence of drugs she just kept nodding her head. Room service was horriable pillows were so uncomfortable staff kept knocking oil the door at 9am or room service, there is no door hanger we can put on the door to tell them no service needed. The staff was competitive and unprofessional. the only mgr on duty was the worst i have ever encountered in hospitality industry. I felt like was at some crappy motel. Worst part is my family is very good friends with the general manger of this hotel. I will never stay here again.

Nothing I will never stay here again

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• King Room with Balcony & Park View

The bed was too soft and the noise from the construction was way to loud. I had a lot of back pain due to the mattress and neck pain. And the noise have me a huge headache. Left the room to go to the pool and the noise was bad there also. I had to leave the hotel to get away from the nosie.

The staff and the room 961 was such a great view!! Beautiful!!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Double Room with Balcony & Park View

Parking is very expensive.

The complimentary cookie is a must have! The ambiance is absolutely beautiful, the social spots are Nice, and the location is perfect. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Double Room with Balcony & Bay View

No major complaints. There was a little water in the tub bottom probably due to the shower control not being turned completely off when housekeeping cleaned the room. No big deal.

The location is great and views of Biscayne Bay never disappoint. I like the restaurants in the hotel for convenience.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Three-Bedroom Apartment with Kitchen

Security I feel gave us a hard time when going to our rooms like we didn't belong there or something. And we clearly watched other groups walk up and was never asked for their cards or anything.

Place is amazing. Will be coming back.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Kitchen

Biggest complaint was valet. I feel like if you are staying at the hotel the valet should be discounted rate or at least they should always be on point for $30 a day. Housekeeping came late in the afternoon everyday

The one bedroom apartment was very comfortable for the 3 of us. Very large balcony with an amazing view 10th floor pool and Jacuzzi were very large and clean. Our unit was well kept and clean felt like home away from home

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• King Suite with Balcony & Bay View

I was surprised that the bed wasn't a cloud as all the double trees ive stayed.i slept fine...other than that room was great

the view was everything