Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Key Resort 3 stars

#35 of 49 hotels in Key West

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Enjoyable stay
    • Queen Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Air conditioning was very noisy. It worked at keeping the room cool but was loud. Some areas of the hotel were a little worn and tired. Location was a short drive from Duval street but there is an hourly shuttle bus.

Great large rooms. Pool area was very nice, generally wasn’t too busy with plenty of sun loungers. Breakfast was great- good choice and attentive staff. Comfortable beds and a good shower.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

It was ok.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I reserved the room on a third party site but the reservation was totally wrong when I arrived. The first room (wrong room) had a fridge but when we changed to the second room ( after driving 4+hours in 1 way traffic and arriving well after 11 pm) it did not have a fridge. We’d bought items from the store with an expectation that there would be a fridge in the room. We were too tired to request one and the trip was too short to waste the energy to correct another issue. The towels were stiff and hard. The water for showers was colder toward the middle/ end of the day. Our first room had a better bathroom, with tub. The second room did not.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was spacious.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

We had a 2 star experience and we will not be coming back. The hotel cost is OVER PRICED!!!!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Pool View and Balcony

The front desk staff never communicated well. Everyone during checkin and checkout was not on the same page of the process and procedures. It took time away from having a smooth transition and no bellmen or bell carts were available. The location and placement of the hotel sign is to low to the ground in stead of being placed up higher as the other hotel signs in the area. It was very hard to see in the daytime. We drove past it!! The hotel rooms are older and require modern updates. The hotel ceiling in the lobby constantly leaked. The shuttle service requires structure for picking up the hotel guests and taking them downtown. It was constantly over packed and the waiting area outside became massively crowded. There were constant construction for the outside parking lot during business season instead of off season which took away from the ombiance of the curbe appeal. The rooms are over priced!!

The welcome cookies and water and accessibility to near by restaurants.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

This hotel was actually really great.
    • Queen Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

We had a ton of luggage and I called the front desk to send up someone with a cart who could help. My sister is handicapped and I have a back problem that made it hard for me to lift. The guy came and knocked and left the cart outside our door, but didn't offer to help. His lost I guess, he missed out on a big tip! The only elevator is reeeeeeeally far from the front desk it feels like- my sister struggled to walk the distance back and forth.

This hotel was actually really great. My sister, her husband, and I shared a room with their children (ages 11 and 3). The kids were obsessed with the pool and the Gumbo Limbo bar and grill had great tropical drinks and chicken wings! I loved that they don't close the pool after dark. It stays open and once the kids went to bed, we were able to go downstairs and drink and swim at night! It was amazing! Cabanas are a nice touch too. Soft chocolate chip cookies upon arrival were yummy and checking in and out took seconds- allowing me to crash right away after my 12 hour drive, so I was HAPPY! Definitely would stay here again for sure.

Pick your room carefully or be disappointed
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This was my second stay at this hotel. Loved my room with previous booking but very sad to say that second time was very disappointing. The room was next to the elevator with high noise level late at night as people came in. The room had zero privacy when curtains were open as there was a balcony room across from ours and people litraly looked right through my room from window to door. I had to keep the very dark curtains drawn the whole time as there were no shear or light curtains. It was a dark and gloomy pit or someone staring at you from the balcony outside. When I complained nothing was done about it.

The pool

The area.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Construction was going on outside the room we were in. Which I understand needs to be done, but hotel wasn't full so I don't understand why we were put in that area. It was very early in the morning when it started.

The area. I felt safe and everything was very easy to get to. Loved the shuttle service, it was very convenient.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Now, the restaurant on premises is a bit pricey when you consider there are so many food options nearby. I would recommend eating out. Most of the established restaurants, (Sloppy Joe's, Captain Tony's Saloon) are cheaper than the in-house restaurant. Our floor had a humid smell in the hallway, but our room was great.

The hotel staff is excellent! water and cookies at every request. The shuttle to and from Old Town alone saves you at least $40 bucks a day in parking. If you didn't bring a bike they have rentals. The pool area has foliage throughout and even have iguanas "if your into that". Public beaches are 5 minutes away. I've been coming to Key West for the last 35 years and I would definitely come back here.

Comfortable hotel with very kind staff! A little overpriced.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The only aspect is the balance quality/price. Honestly, I don’t think the hotel is worth the money spent.

I stayed over the week end, and overall I liked the hotel. Most of all, the staff was really nice and courteous. Moreover, the solution of the parking was very good (free and available anytime), The location is not bad at all, even if it didn’t have direct access to the beach! Hotel suggested

Unfortunately nothing.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately nothing. This was hotel being advertised as a resort. There were no other amenities then a small pool. The rooms are damp and musty which made myself my daughters and grandson sick. The toilet was not secured to the floor and was shaky when we sat in it. There was no hot water in the morning for 2 days. And I did not get a balcony room as I requested.

Will stay again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Elevated was slow. Housekeeping never came one day. Even after notifying the front desk. Had to chase down towels for our showers.

The food at the onsite restaurant was awesome. Especially the eggs Benedict.

Frustrating and nerve wracking.
    • King Room with Bath Tub- Hearing Accessible/ Non-Smoking

Did not like the extra charges that were added to the bill. I spent the whole vacation trying to figure out what I was being charged and why and am still waiting for charges to be reversed on my credit cards. Quite frankly, it ruined the vacation for me. Each front desk representative gave a different answer to my questions about the charges and it was frustrating. I had to call booking.com and they called the hotel.

The concierge Shaun was very helpful and maid service was efficient.

Worst Hilton experience in years
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I requested a baby bed for our baby in advance via booking.com - at check-in I was lectured that the request was not forwarded by booking.com and that anyhow they would not put baby beds in the room beforehand, cause they never know in which room the guest would end up. Fair enough for the hotel, but after 4 hours in the car, you want to give your baby a rest as soon as possible. Baby bed was then sent up to our room, it was a DISGRACE. It was broken and even a security hazard! The poor guy who brought it said he tried 3 different ones and that was the best he could find. I refused to use the bed and said I would like to speak to the manager. 10 minutes later another bed was brought which was stained all over - you would not want to put a little baby in. I told the guest manager that the baby beds are a disaster - she said she would make a note - you could hear, she couldn’t care less. Nobody did anything anymore to improve the situation. Floor in the breakfast room was so sticky that you were literally glued to the floor. Air conditioning in the room was so loud that even when you switched off your own one, you could hear the one from next door. Breakfast outside - seat cushions were soaking wet from previous night‘s rain - nobody cared to bring them in at night, or control them before seating guests there. Broken sun umbrellas were fixed with pens... our room was so badly cleaned that there was a dirty shirt lying around next to the bed from the previous customer... and so on. But the place was packed, so they did not need to care for good service. Worst Hilton experience in years!

Nice garden and pool area; free shuttle bus towards Key West downtown- if you could get on it, space was limited;

Overall was pretty nice.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast buffet was not that great, no omelets, fried eggs, waffles, etc. Kind of expensive for what you don’t get.

The pool area and rooms were nice.

They were very nice greeting you with the water and cookies.
    • King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

The shower was very small along with the balcony. The bed was a little uncomfortable.

They were very nice greeting you with the water and cookies. The contour was fantastic with giving us places and best deals on where to go for the day! The breakfast was great. Room service was great when we arrived our tv wasn’t working and I called they came right up checked out the tv and replace it.

James at the front desk was worth the entire stay! He was kind to my grandson and very helpful
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The resort pictures are a bit deceptive in that it shows as if it has a private beach and does not. Some of the staff upon check out did not want to loan me a pair of scissors so I could cut a simple bandage

I brought my grandson and friend down for a night as part of my Florida vacation

They charge me full price for the stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They charge me full price for the stay. They lost internet and TV service and were not accommodating. They were not apologetic and did not offer any rebates for lack of services.

Love the location and the beautiful view of the pool/palm trees. Really liked the courteous staff.

had to ask for our complimentary bottles of water & cookies; also had to ask for current HBO monthly list of movies (only had the previous month's)

convenience of shuttle to Duval Street and back!

BEDS COMFY, FREE UPGRADE TO SUITE BECAUSE NO HANDICAP AVAIABLE, BUT NO VIEW/ OBSTRUCTED WITH ANOTHE
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

FIX THE HOTTUB--COMPLAINED ABOUT IT--ALL THEY SAID IS YES IT HASNT WORKED FOR A WHILE

Breakfast WAS GOOD BUT SPENDY. DONT THINK THEY SHOULD CHARGE A RESORT FEE WHNE THE PARKING IS COME AND GO, NO VALET, AND THE HOT TUB DIDNT WORK, IGUANAS EVRYWHERE

shuttle to Key west made the trips to town easier and less...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Better lighting with my old eyes it was hard to see to read numbers on sugar meters and small print on pamphlets

shuttle to Key west made the trips to town easier and less stressful

The water was good lol
    • King Room with Pool View and Balcony

I didn’t like this place bad costumer service . Lady on front desk yell at my sister because she wanted to change room because it has moldy smell . After changing 3 rooms finally we got one with no smell after 2 hours of arguing with the stuff . Not recommended to visit there . Pay $ 10 more and go to any other hotels in the area .

The water was good lol

Generally wonderful, friendly staff, comfortable bed, clean rooms.
    • King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

My only complaint, which was not the fault of the hotel, was a group (40 +) of college age kids, very loud and rowdy. They overtook the pool area, and it was hard to relax.

Free shuttle to and from airport. Also free hourly shuttle to downtown. Bike rentals, beautiful pool, bar, and nice buffet breakfast. Loved the iguanas roaming in the pool area.

Air was broken in room the first night and the tiki bar...
    • King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Air was broken in room the first night and the tiki bar bartender was horrible he had no idea what he was doing he honestly looked like the day time maintenance man that got stuck behind the bar and very unfriendly.

I was trapped by the 'name'
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No breakfast in an expensive price, location quiet far from downtown, pool was dirty, garbage all around the pool, amenities at room were only for one person!

Decent hotel but expensive for what you get.
    • King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Location is not close to much. Parking should be free for what they are charging and the location of property.

Clean room towels and linens were ok. Shuttle service to Duval area is nice and a must if staying at this property.

Disappointing stay at a great location.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They charged fees above the rate booking.com quoted, bed fees (I thought that should have been included in the daily room fee) and a resort fee too, and additional taxes, they added up to an additional $35 a night pushing the roommate to over $350. Even the laundry facilities were out of order.

The staff especially Julianna in the restaurant were great and attentive.

The shuttle service was perfect, super easy!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The shuttle service was perfect, super easy! The pool was amazing, and the reggae music made it really feel like vacation. Even though it wasn't downtown - the shuttle service made it really easy and was definitely worth it to have such a nice pool area.

The rate for this hotel was to much.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The drinks, the price,no breakfast included..hard to find parking..the lobby roof was leaking water..

The rate for this hotel was to much..i have stayed at the Jw Marriott for less then what i paid for this hotel..i had breakfast at the property which was not included..the food was okay..my view of the parking lot was poor.the hot tub in the pool area was not clean..i purchase two alcoholics drink and it was bad,i couldnt drink it so i had to put it in the trash.will i evet stay in this hotel id im ever in key west again. Probably not unless i dont have a choice..

Below expectations
    • King Room with Bath Tub- Hearing Accessible/ Non-Smoking

Hotel is very dated, the decor is like a hospital and our room had only warm water in the shower, not hot at all. When I approached the staff they were disinterested. The hotel offered poor value. The shuttle bus from the airport, in spite of being contacted the day before, failed to turn up....walking would have been quicker. Thoroughly unimpressed by this hotel, I thought Hilton would have certain standards.

Not very much

Nice Key West experience!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Pool View and Balcony

Modern, cozy rooms. Clean bathroom. Parking with easy access. And of course delicious DoubleTree cookie - eating which in e.g. rainy city of Łódź (Poland) is a nice reminder of Key West vacation time ;)

Upon making the reservation, there was no mention of a...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Upon making the reservation, there was no mention of a resort fee and a bed fee, which totaled to $55 for one night. No breakfast was included at this price.

catastrophic
    • King Room with Bath Tub- Hearing Accessible/ Non-Smoking

Why is it that when you book a room ahead that the Hotel gives you the last room on the far end of the hotel and the loudess room next to the Air Conditioner?

The Breakfast

Staff were friendly and informative about tours and booking...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The internet service was horrible. Partially completed web check in after over an hour on internet. Additionally we were not advise when hotel shuttle started from and had to pay for transport to airport although fortunately it was not far. As a resort more should b offered.

Staff were friendly and informative about tours and booking taxi service. Shuttle service e Was prompt. Drivers were friendly.

Decent enough hotel.
    • Queen Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

The welcome could have been friendlier. We arrived early by about an hour and a half. The man on reception seemed quite put out by this and stressed several times our room wouldn't be available until the correct time. However, the guy who changed our room for us couldn't have been more friendly and helpful.

We changed rooms as the one we had been allocated was not what we had paid for, but they did this without any bother.

The location of the property was OK.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There were a couple of things. The room was clean but it appeared as though the carpets had not been cleaned (shampooed) in a while. I can understand a few stains here and there where some "happy" partiers may have spilled something but they were all over on our floor. The other thing was what I could consider a sort of bait and switch. I travel a lot for my job. I have stayed in many a hotel with an included breakfast. Of late other hotels have been pretty robust in their offerings (hot eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffles, pancakes, sausage, etc). The breakfast at the DoubleTree was on par with some of my recent stays in MO (STL area), IL, OH, FL. The one difference is they had a wait staff for your drinks (we had coffee, juice and water). The website we looked at has photos of their breakfast but no where is it stated that the breakfast is not included with your stay. There is absolutely nothing visible in the lobby or dining area to indicate you are about to get charged ~$14 a person. We have traveled to Key West about once every 4-6 months since 2014. This was the first time we felt like we got swindled. Maybe I don't know enough about the definition of "resort" when it comes to the Hilton chain but it seems like at some point it would be pointed out that the breakfast is not included. Less than $14 a person gets you some really good eats at some of the local restaurants (e.g. Cuban Coffee Queen, La Grinote) which is where we would have eaten had we known.

The location of the property was OK. It was fairly easy to get out and about on the island.

Lovely accommodations for family vacation!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Could hear crying baby next door to our room. Would have liked the option of room rate to include breakfast.

Friendly and helpful staff. Good restaurants and attractions nearby. Concierge was very helpful with scheduling of excursions. Free shuttle to downtown was a plus! Lovely landscape and pool area. Iguanas were fun to watch! Beds were also very comfortable.

The couples next to us, that though the party should go all...
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Balcony with Pool View

The couples next to us, that though the party should go all night, and smoked way too much Marijuana in the room ( the smell came through the connecting doors) I was unable to get my reward points

Overcharged.
    • King Room with Bath Tub- Hearing Accessible/ Non-Smoking

Overcharged. Daily resort fee of $28. per day even if you didn't use those things listed. Bed tax of $1.28 per day. Bad location to other things to do. Frustrating.

Excellant great vacation will return
    • Queen Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Wish the resort was a little closer to everything

Room very clean and comfortable staff and fellow visitors very friendly shuttle service was excellant

Beautiful resort, but unprofessional staff
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was very unprofessional. I asked the front desk if they had any matches or lighters because it was my friend's birthday and I wanted to surprise her with a cupcake. They sent me to the restaurant and the restaurant hostess had her manager's lighter. When I asked her to borrow it, she told me she would follow me to my room and wait outside my door until I am finished with the lighter. When I asked her if I can borrow it for 20 minutes instead, she waved the lighter, pointed it to my face and said, "make sure you bring this back", in a very demeaning manner. Cleaning staff did not clean the room very well; left the trash and did not take empty plates that had food on it from the restaurant, or clean the bathroom. They just made one of the two beds and left the other bed as is. The front desk staff at night was not professionally dressed and smelled like cigarettes. I could actually smell cigarettes as I walked into the hotel and It was the first thing I noticed when I checked in.

AWFUL EXPERIENCE

my girlfriend and i were celebrating our anniversary. we booked this room through booking.com, which boasted beautiful photos of the property. we were looking forward to spending the night, and the day using the amenities (pool), and using the shuttle service from old town to the property. we were of course wanting a romantic getaway. prior to arriving to the property, we called to ask if there was a shuttle that we could take to the property, from the old town of key west. we were told no. that was incorrect. we found out later, that there is indeed an hourly shuttle. we paid $345 for one night in this hotel. once we got to the property, we noticed that the room was not as nice as the picture looked: the bathroom was dingy, it was impossible to open the shower door without force, and the room looked out to a pool bar only 10' from our window. we had to keep the curtains closed the entire time or we would be visible to people at the bar/pool. so, no natural light in the room. we went to the pool. the area looked nothing like the regal photo on your website. the chairs were old, the patio was a mess, and the floor was dirty with cigarette butts all over the place. there was no towel service. the water in the pool was filthy and cloudy. we went in the pool and immediately got out. it was disgusting. as for the crowd, the place was full of screaming children, and drunk parents, we were gawked at by men, and left immediately. we instead showered in our room and called it a night. i woke up 3 times that night because of a humming sound coming from the ac unit, the entire side of the room basically hums loudly all night. that sucked!! the following morning, we went to the restaurant, only to be told the continental breakfast was not included and would be an extra charge. we left immediately. we cannot believe that we spent such an exuberant amount of money on such an awful experience.

Good stay overall
    • King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Shower did not have enough water pressure, would prefer rain shower or jacuzzi bath tub for 300$ a night price tag Breakfast very expensive, for 300$ a night deserve free breakfast. Over price coffee sale Poor housekeeping, did not receive room service until 6pm next day

Overall property was nice

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Great stay!
    • King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

The room was gorgeous with a nice view. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The food was a bit on the expensive side but tasted wonderful. Loved it! Will go back soon.

Wonderful Stay in Key West for a trip I will always remember !
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our stay was Great ! The room was very Nice, the bed comfortable we slept well. The room and bathroom were clean. I had made several requests and they were in place when we arrived . The infinity pool, hot tub & pool area is Fantastic ! The Tekki Hut Tender was a Fun guy !The staff is Great ,Check in went smoothly, I had reserved a standard queen room and we were given a room poolside! James a gentleman from France at the front desk was so gracious ! I am planning a Key West Trip for my Husband & I , it will be our 45th Year together as Bride & Groom , We will be staying at the Double Tree Resort !

Would advise you to look else here.
    • King Room with Bath Tub- Hearing Accessible/ Non-Smoking

First of all the luggage rack was broken they replaced it which was fine. The refrigerator was not cooling so they bought in another one. There was only three small pillows on our king bed . The water in the shower took almost 5 minutes before it got warm. The walls were thin and we could hear the people in the room next week and we had to call down stairs to get security to ask them to tone it down . The maid took my husbands coffee mug that he had just purchased . All in all I would never stay there again . The location was not the best either.

The room was nicely updated.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Very nice
    • King Room with Pool View and Balcony

Breakfast wAsnt included free.

Nice pool area. Almost st as the pictures showed. Loved the free shuttle to and from downtown. We used it often.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Too expensive for a economy hotel.
    • King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Description of location was very misleading. My balcony looked out over a large box truck. Sounded like furniture was being moved above my head all night.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Very accommodating!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I wish the buffet would be included for every stay. Would have liked egg whites or hard boiled eggs as an option on the buffet. Resort fee is a little steep.

We have stayed here before on two other occasions. We booked elsewhere this time, to save a few hundred dollars. After arriving at the other hotel, we immediately called the Doubletree to see if they had availability. Thankfully they did, and they welcomed us with open arms. It felt good, when we walked into the lobby, to be "home" again. We love the breakfast buffet and the pool area. The iguanas at the pool are fun to watch. The fitness center is convenient. The staff are friendly and helpful. We love the airport and downtown shuttles!

Overall nice stay in Key West. Just don't expect any help from the brunette at the info desk/concie.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The concierge, if you could call her that (I doubt she could spell concierge) was useless. I assume she was the concierge as she was the one I was directed to for information on things to do and places to see. Basically seemed uninterested in helping us out. I felt like I needed interrogation techniques to get anything out of her. Why she would be working in the hospitality industry is beyond me. She seemed to be very pleased with herself too. I definitely wasn't impressed. We basically just grabbed some brochures and walked away from her. Wish we would have gotten her name...

Good location with good shuttle service to main strip. Very nice pool area and hot tub. Pleasant staff at front desk. Matthew was especially helpful. Clean facilities. Overall nice stay in the Keys!

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Loved it thanks
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Balcony with Pool View

Standing for extended length of time and no organization for getting on shuttles . Once looked chaotic people just shoved passed and caused us to miss our shuttle . After we'd waited over 1/2 an hour . Maybe a name log or number . Or ? Couple other times bad too near misses .we just wasn't aggressive enough I guess Just needs something ? Shuttle staff though was wonderful

Breakfast and shuttle service with an exception that might make perfect see below . Mini suite nice room Comfortable and balcony a big plus

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Numerous repairs needed to be made in the room. The tub was extremely slippery and dangerous especially for the elderly. The manager was accommodating and had the repairs made. I was unable to connect to hotel wi-fi.

The breakfast was put together in a rush. Tasteless eggs and burnt bacon.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Adequate facility; weak wifi
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Pool View and Balcony

Location was far from downtown; evening shuttles from downtown to the property run once per hour. There was always a long line (30+ people) for the 8:20 shuttle. Two shuttles would be sent, but the second shuttle wouldn't let us on until the first shuttle was full. This didn't make sense and created grumbling among the guests who lined up at the second shuttle. We always got on the second shuttle, but making us wait caused hard feelings. During the busiest times a shuttle every 30 minutes would be good. Wifi at the hotel was poor - weak and slow. We could get a connection in our room, but not on our patio and not at the pool. I had to do some work while I was there. I didn't trust the signal in our room, so I went to the lobby. There are two desks set up for computers, but the outlets weren't live and I couldn't get power. I had to look long and hard for a place that got a wifi signal and was close to an outlet. I ended up sitting in a corner in the dining room.

Aside from being in Key West, there was nothing to set this property apart. It was "ok"; not horrible, not great.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Yes the bed was comfy and room bright and clean
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Next to airport tarmac which was noisy too far from Duval Street although shuttle was frequent and overly priced for my budget. Booked 4 mths in advance and did not have a balcony to enjoy and was explained hotel 100% occupied when I arrived. Really that should have been included with early booking!

Yes the bed was comfy and room bright and clean

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Family vacation
    • Queen Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Extremely overpriced for the value. This resort should be under 300 a night. It's far from everything, no ocean view , no breakfast. Your paying a resort fee to ride a shuttle to downtown and for some warm cookies when you check in. That $28 additional dollars a day just for those things that do not value that amount. The French guy at the front desk is nice but failed to deliver when needed. My kid was waiting 30 minutes at the pool for a towel i asked for. I went back and ask another gentleman and he handed me another towel right away from the front desk, not sure why the first person did not do that and I ended up waiting in the cold air with my child for a towel. Additionally the beds were very hard and the pillows uncomfortable. You can hear all the noise from the rooms above and next door. I could clearly hear full conversations our neighbors were having.

The bar/pool area is very nice. My kids really enjoyed it.

Much over ratet Hotel.

We had tre suites, cost 540 pr niegth pr. room. It was way to much for that kind of room. One schould be with a weiv to the pool. we could only se the roof of the Tiki bar. The hotel pictures of the suites schowes it with a seperat beedroom, but it is not. The breackfast is OK, but schut be better for that kind of Hotel.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Definitely feels like a vacation while you are there.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Pool View and Balcony

WiFi service was in and out...May have been my issue but was disappointing when trying to communicate with family at home.

Staff was excellent and very courteous. Shuttle to downtown was outstanding and all the drivers were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Key West Trip
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I think the prices are a little high considering breakfast is not included nor is the wifi. The pictures on the website are a little deceiving , but it was still a nice place to stay.

Pool area was very nice, bed comfort was awesome! Shuttle service was very convenient.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

A quick 2 days

We didn't notice the fan working in the bathroom, which left things unpleasant. When we tild the front desk they said it was working, it was just silent and continually on. We returned to the room and held a tissue to the vent and there was no suction. So the bathroom remained unpleasant.

Prompt service, clean, reasonable prices. They immediately fixed the closet door when we noticed it was broken, and they set up a crib for the baby. The hotel bus into town was fantastic!!

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Would not stay again.

Price was very high. Breakfast buffet was tired and not replenished frequently enough resulting in food not being appealing, fresh, appetizing or in some cases even available.

Room was comfortable and pool area was pleasant - not sure I always enjoyed the live music.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

The pool was well maintained and staff was friendly
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room cleaning was late in the day (4pm or later), location required car to reach any restaurants or shops, in room bathroom had mildew, gym was dirty (floor was covered in so much mildew the tiles were raising off the ground- the entire fitness center smelled of vomit from the mildew)

The pool was well maintained and staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Great Anniversary Weekend Getaway!!

The buffet breakfast was not that good. The hot food not so hot (temperature wise). Also not enough lighting in the room - not bright enough - couldn't read in bed - just poorly positioned.

the bed mattress and pillows were very very comfortable. Almost the best ever!! The waiter staff in the restaurant were excellent. We also enjoyed a lunch by the pool which was excellent. The daily water and cookies were a nice plus. the concierge was very helpful to book reservations for our 40th anniversary dinner. Oh and of course the free shuttle was very much appreciated. Have had to pay in the past at other hotels.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

IM 66 LIKE TO SLEEP LATE AND THERE PRESSURE WASHING AT 10...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

IM 66 LIKE TO SLEEP LATE AND THERE PRESSURE WASHING AT 10 AM AND IN THE HALL WAY WORKING ON SPRINKLER SYSTEN INSTALLING EXTRA ADD ON IN HALLWAY ALSO AT 10 AM BUT THEY DID GIVE ME 2 WARM COOKIES

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

nice^3 :)
    • Queen Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

it's the second time I visit this hotel in key west, the first time was 2 years ago. it was a great staying 2 years ago and now, with the restyling they made the hotel it's even nicer than it was. room was large and clean. the last morning we had breakfast as well, we went for buffet and not for a-la-carte but buffer was very rich with everything you can hope to find for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Great staff. Clean. Comfortable.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Pool View and Balcony

The photos of the pool are misleading. On the website it looks huge. It is no where near the size it is depicted. Also, there should have been at least a continental breakfast for the price.

Great staff Beautiful room Wonderful and helpful service. Rooms are beautiful and comfortable. I really appreciated the shuttle service.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Double Tree Resort Key West Fla. Nice Place
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

should offer a free continental breakfast. I did not like the tip calculation suggestion on the restaurant or bar bills. Tips are based on service not a recommendation.

Great location, very good rooms, hotel very clean .. shuttle to downtown

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Good for stay in Key West without excellency, but enough
    • King Room with Bath Tub- Hearing Accessible/ Non-Smoking

The Hotel is tired. They say that you can go to one beach where there are service for the clients of Hotel, but when you arrive the people of Sunset watersport say they they don't bring any service for the clients of Double Tree, and they send you to another beach, where they bring the same answer....Just laughing of you......

The Hotel is short for 4 stars, but the staff try to make the best all time, and It's not to much normal in the states...))) Our room was unconfortable for the noise (extremly) of the AC and the Reception staff help to us for to change the room. We understand that It's not easy for the staff get good service in one Hotel that a little tired, even with the renovation

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Shuttle bus service into town was excellent

Shuttle bus service into town was excellent

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

The pool

The pool AC in the room Bad pillows

Prices at hotel bar were ridiculous

Prices at hotel bar were ridiculous

Awesome will stay there again!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I really had no complaints.

great friendly staff, shuttle bus into downtown and back AWESOME. I recommend and will stay there again.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Parking

Very clean all the restaurant and pool

priceless sun set

pool renavation

priceless sun set Beautiful bars and music and resturant

Horrible
    • King Room with Bath Tub- Hearing Accessible/ Non-Smoking

Staff was very rude and there were roaches in the room

Room was shaky like quake due to some motor running...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was shaky like quake due to some motor running downstairs, we complaint this to front desk and they were not even apologetic.

The service and the hotel accommodations.
    • Queen Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

The iguanas that where all over you, specially when they got in the pool and did their business there.

The service and the hotel accommodations.