Reviews of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Austin 3 stars

#53 of 180 hotels in Austin

5.7

VERY GOOD STAY
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

VALET PARKING IS A BIT SLOW, I DONT THINK IS WELL ORGANIZED BREAKFAST NOT INCLUDED

THE ROOM WAS REALLY BIG, BEDS COMFORTABLE AND THERE IS SPACE TO REST LOCATION IS CONVENIENT TO UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS

Over all it was a great for our room suite and loved it wasn’t occupied by many people
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Not many staff member around to ask questions about breakfast. Also, as we pulled up their were very questionably dressed women around the valet area just hanging around not appropriate for families

I requested a high rise view and enjoyed it

Nice place, not nice staff
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The valet driver was very unsafe. He almost hit us while driving another guest's car. The front desk check in person was condescending.

The suite was amazing, beds very comfy, clean and a huge bathroom

The room was amazing, defiantly exceeded expectations.
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The communication with booking.com must be off? Double Tree charged me $365 when I booked the hotel for $185.... im still waiting on my refund

The room was amazing, defiantly exceeded expectations.

The room we stayed in was a suite with a living room and two...
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

There was construction right outside our window, blocking our view of downtown and making noise in the morning. The hotel never disclosed the construction and our understanding was that there would be a view of downtown. It struck us as misleading and overall, disappointing.

The room we stayed in was a suite with a living room and two bedrooms. Great for our family. Very comfortable!

Large suite was great with plenty of room for 4 adults.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

No complaints about our stay at all! Parking onsite was expensive but similar to other hotels in the area.

Large suite was great with plenty of room for 4 adults. Location was practically next door to the Capitol building and Bob Bullock Museum and about a mile from 6th Street, Congress Ave Bridge, etc. Beds were comfortable and everything was very clean. Lobby area was very nice. We also went to the pool, which was small but nice. Love that the property is dog friendly but also so clean. Austin is expensive in general but for a nice hotel we felt like this was a good value compared to other hotels in downtown Austin.

The bed was very comfortable and I thought it was cool that...
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The pillows were a little too stiff.

The bed was very comfortable and I thought it was cool that our room came with a kitchenette. The hotel is in a really nice location so we didn't have to drive very far.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

We booked this hotel through Booking.com and have a confirmation that says all we will pay is $279 + taxes. We get home and look at our bill and see that there is a $35.00 Valet parking charge. We were never told that and we certainly would not have tipped the valet people. Unbelievable!! We will never use the hotel or booking.com again.

The breakfast area is set up as a buffet and my group got...
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast area is set up as a buffet and my group got their food and sat down. A gentlemen brought us all water and that was it and we were charged $23 to tip him. There was no need for a server!

The room was very spacious
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The bathroom sink drain was slow But honestly everything else was superb !

The room was very spacious With all the amenities one could want Costumer Service was excellent And most attentative

Good location, lots of space.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The drain stopper in the bathroom sink did not work very well, and there was no way to access underneath it. It wasn't a big enough problem to call maintenance, but was still slightly annoying.

The suites were huge--far larger than what I needed for myself. The location was pretty decent, about 4 blocks from where my conference was held.

Would not have chosen this hotel, but Fine for being near to the wedding we were attending.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Needs changing from tired brown furnishings. Initial reaction on seeing room a bit disheartening. Reception needs making more welcoming. It's a bit miserable looking when arriving after a long day travelling, & reception not very obvious.

Lots of space. Friendly welcoming staff.

The hotel staff was nice and friendly and the location was perfect.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I asked for a late check out at 2 and got an email confirming it and then the day of check out was told we had to leave earlier or we’d be charged.

The bed was AMAZING.

Beautiful Hotel. Enjoyed my time there. Would DEFINITELY choose this Hotel for future trips!
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Valet parking was too expensive. $35 to stay overnight? Didn’t like that the attendants didn’t give me a choice to valet or self-park.

Lovely room. Spacious. Loved the mini-kitchen w/ all the wonderful amenities. The pillows were heavenly! What kind were they? I’ve GOT to get a set.

Staff were exceptionally nice, particularly since our trip...
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Parking is $35 overnight ... probably the going rate but I felt steep.

Staff were exceptionally nice, particularly since our trip did not go according to plan. When they saw my son crying they rushed an gave him a "warm cookie". It was a nice touch.

Overall, nice, except for the above mentioned needs.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

While the suite was nice, the bathroom was small and needs repair the shower and shower doors. Also, the thermostat was cantancharus

Location, friendly staff, very good restaurant.

Everything just okay, was expecting better, due to location and price.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was ok but hot foods were not as hot as I think they could/should have been. Music was playing very loud at breakfast. Odd assortment of guests I ran into at your facility (not your fault). Barely dressed man in the elevator, drunk women in the elevator, loud and obnoxious possibly drunk or unstable guest at breakfast. Maybe it's just Austin.

Good location. Very clean.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Would liked to have more free bottled water in the room.

Very clean. We booked a 2-bedroom suite. The bedrooms and bathrooms were spacious. Would liked to have double vanity given the space of the bathroom. The room is very clean and quiet. The location is convenient to downtown (5 min ride) and in a quiet neighborhood.

Good size rooms and convenient location near the university.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hotel is a little tired but clean and perfectly suitable. The pillows could use an update.

Good size rooms and convenient location near the university.

Overall stay was good and the front desk staff especially Chris and Renee were very helpful and acco
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The room cleaning timing was irregular and had to remind for it almost everyday

The front desk staff especially Renee and Chris (Manager) were very helpful and accommodating

great location, comfortable, large room and love the kitchenette.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Not tip top clean, especially the kitchen. Evidence of previous guest (bits of a wrapper and receipts in room, and food residue in refrigerator). Not terrible, just not the best.

good hotel and value for a downtown experience.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I just hate paying $30 to park overnight. I'm kinda cheap ( frugal ) in this department, however, it wasn't a surprise so I knew going in I had to pony up for parking.

The location is a few blocks from the University of Texas which is precisely what we needed.

Cleaning service is very poor
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

When I stayed in double tree 4 nights No house keeping do cleaning work for the room I stayed Even I went to counter desk request for cleaning on the third day still no one doing cleaning for my room

The front desk and door man were extremely polite and the...

Parking is not free.

The front desk and door man were extremely polite and the location was located in the heart of downtown dallas. We pretty much use an uber once on our trip.

The Ups & Downs of Austin Doubletree on West 15th
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

1) Many staff seemed preoccupied with one another 2) Took over 30 minutes to get towels to room 3) Housekeeping didn't communicate services - it was on us 4) Outdoor Pool had multiple issues: water was dirty, cigarette butts weren't cleaned up, towels remained hanging on fence for hours on end, water feature was broken and had trash in it. 5) Jacuzzi had a broken tile on bottom step which one could cut the self on and jets were super weak. 6) WiFi kept kicking us out, speed was inadequate, instructions for WiFi were unclear. In today's marketplace, Internet speed and reliability is HUGE. (Try traveling with teenagers!) 7) Parking fee of $35 per day was unexpected and not clearly covered in Booking.com's info.

1) Location - near State Capital, Uber-close to many restaurants and activities 2) Layout and spaciousness of room 3) Cookies 4) Water available at front counter 5) Decor was very nice 6) Some employees were outstanding - helpful, friendly and working hard.

Wonderful location for travelers who have never been to Austin.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Walking distance to state capitol, the Bullock Museum, 6th Street, Franklin's BBQ, and LBJ lake. Really wonderful location and the hotel was very accommodating to our requests.

The room size, the cleanliness, the "virtual"...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I got some damage to my truck, scratches and such, and garbage thrown in the back as a result of the valet parking it out front the duration of the stay.

The room size, the cleanliness, the "virtual" concierge, the staff

Enjoyed Doubletree
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff was super friendly and helpful! The rooms were huge and very comfortable. The hotel was super close to the State Capitol. Our neighbor guest were rowdy at about 2:00 in the morning and the front desk took care of it immediately! Would stay there again.

We did not eat at the hotel.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

My reservation was under the wrong name so they had trouble finding it without my confirmation sheet.

We did not eat at the hotel. We did like the chocolate chip cookies and the flavored water.

Great customer service at the front desk.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Great customer service at the front desk. Staff was very friendly. Room was beautiful and we loved our stay! The cookies were an extra bonus and they were delicious. My partner enjoyed the facilities at the gym. The room was even better than the photos and we were very pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was. Great location downtown. Highly recommended!

Very close to the Capital building, close to Austin City...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Cannot say anything negative about our stay.

Very close to the Capital building, close to Austin City Limits, 6th street, minutes from great restaurants. The breakfast offered at the hotel was a great value with the vouchers, a great selection. The rooms were equipped with little kitchens and sitting area, quite spacious.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Not Happy
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The first room given to us had a blood stain pillow, urine in toilet and room smelled of beer. 2nd room air conditioning did not cool, shower too small, bed too soft we both woke up with aching backs. For the price we paid $241 per night plus being hit with taxes and fee each night is a rip off. Next time we will book directly with hotel or just find a hotel upon arrival.

Staff was great!

I would stay again just make sure next time my price isnt because of being next to loud laundromat.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The tv was hard to work. We were booked next door to the laundromat and were affected by the dryer noise throughout.

The bedding was clean and wonderfyl.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

JUST A WONDERFUL STAY

MORE COOKIES

The suite was awesome.If possible book 310 we had roomy 2 queen beds, living area and kitchenette and a terrace/balcony right out our sliding doors. LOVED IT

Loved the spacious lounge area along with the separate...
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Location suited myself and my friend for our short visit but might be a little out of the way for any single female travellers.

Loved the spacious lounge area along with the separate kitchen. Comfortable beds. Lovely fluffy towels in the bathroom and plenty of them. Enjoyed a few hours by the swimming pool in the sunshine, although might be good if it were to be heated a little.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

My Greatest Austin Festival Stay!!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The best part was the front desk clerk Sadie. She was very polite and professional. She went above and beyond to accommodate me and my fiance' by changing our room 3 times until I was satisfied with my room. I have no complaints what so ever.We even received early check-in. The bellsmen were awesome as well. I would stay here again and I would recommend anyone to stay here. 👍👍👍👍

Weekend in Austin for Wedding
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Shower leaked on to the floor, lots of traffic (not hotels fault), no shuttle to airport.

The room was large, clean and had a great view of the Capitol building. Quiet hotel and great staff.

Room was very clean and comfortable.
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room rate was very expensive...I didn't like paying additional for parking after spending so much on the room.

Room was very clean and comfortable. Great black out shades and quiet. Housekeepers were polite and didn't knock on door trying to wake us up. Gave us full service cleaning while we were out(anymore that's hard to find).

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Fun for a quick weekend away
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Valet parking only was expensive. Had to pay per day for decent internet speed. Cookies at check in should have been nut free.

Big rooms and comfy beds. Location was walkable to many things though downtown was a bit of a hike. Pool was nice (outdoor only). Staff was courteous & helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Great spot to begin your exploration of Austin.
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room rate was quite expensive but I think that was because it was the SXSW festival and the city was pretty booked up. Staying any closer to downtown was completely unaffordable so this was the best hotel at the best rate we could find.

The staff were great and our room was more spacious than we expected. The location was fantastic because we really like to explore a city and walk around and we were near the capital and close enough to walk down Congress Street and get to sixth Avenue and we explored quite a bit of the city from the central point.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Enjoyed our stay :)
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The fee that you quoted was NOT what I paid. This location has vallet parking only so extra money was added to my bill. That would have been nice to know a head of time.

The room was a great size. Bed was so comfortable. Plenty of towels and wash clothes no need to ask for anything. Cookies were delicious.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

One night in Austin
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

We had to ask where the ice machine was. There was no info about vending etc in the room.

The living room was very comfortable. The two tv's came In Handy as we watched different shows. The bedding was lovely and very cozy.

Enjoyable stay within walking distance to most attractions.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Minor problem but disappointing: we tried using the hot tub two of the nights that we were there and both nights it was WAY too hot; neither of us could put our feet in for more than a minute. There was a sign saying not to use it if it was over 104 degrees, but no thermometer we could find.

The rooms were clean and neat, and the staff very helpful. Good location if you don't mind walking a bit.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Expensive for the quality of cleaning
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

My room did not get cleaned and when I called down, they didn't even say they were sorry. They did bring me a towel and coffee, but for what I paid, I expected more.

Location is perfect and the room was nice.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

First visit to a Double Tree Hotel
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Our first day there, we had come back to the hotel to find that our room hadn't been cleaned. We saw the service cart in the hallway and asked the attendant if she could make up our room. With attitude, she agreed. We went to the gym while she worked in the room. When we came back, we were shocked at the condition of the room. I have never seen a sloppier job. The kleenex box was empty and not refilled. The beds were throw together. The new towels were sitting on the toilet. There were dirty wash clothes left in the tub and the list goes on. The sink was not wiped out and nothing else in the room and be refreshed.This was Sunday, 1/15. Fortunately, the next 2 days were done well. Especially Tuesday. But, Again, on Monday, we had to call down to the desk, at 4:30 that afternoon, to have it cleaned. Tuesday, It was done when we got back to the room and it was excellent! We love to go to the hotel bar to have a drink after a long day of exploring. Our first evening there, we went to the bar for a drink and appetizer. It took forever to get the drinks, only 4 other people in the bar and we never got the soup we ordered. We had to get the attention of the server, who never came back to check on us, to ask about the soup and the 2 new drinks we ordered and she said she was sorry that she forgot. Needless to say, our experience was not good and we didn't go back.

The room was spacious and the beds were very comfortable. The valet guys were great. The location was good. We could walk to mostly everything and a cab ride from way downtown was only $5:00!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Be prepared to pull out your wallet
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Inflexible staff (with the exception of the restaurant staff) and outrageous fees for valet parking which is the only option at this hotel

Updated and well equipped rooms

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Good location but heavy extra charges
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

With my honors membership I should have had complimentsry breakfast but was not informed of it or told how to accessthe floor where it wasserved. The $35.00/ dayparking charge plus taxes an breakfast charges added considerably to the advertised room charge. I would not likely book here again. The restaurant staff and service was excellent but the reception staff with one exception was not at all helpful.

Clean, comfortable room, free wifi, location

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Nice beds.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel said they never received my request for an early check-in, which went through Booking.com, so I had to wait an hour to get the room at the late check in time.. Construction, like a dentist drilling next door, was very disturbing for three days.

Nice beds. Good space which allowed some privacy with two people.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Nice view
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The shower curtain had to be replaced, it was sour. The air conditioner was rattling so we had to call maintenance. Raul fixed it by replacing a very dirty air filter. The sink in the bathroom needed plunging. It was very slow to drain. We ran out of toilet paper and had to ask for more and Kleenex. It is like they were not prepared for guests......

Nice view

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Bad view.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bad view...looking at construction.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Everything was great :)

Restroom sink was broken

Everything was great :)

Hmmmmmm.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The construction right next door and the unprofessionalism at the front desk

Hmmmmmm.......my bed

Everything was great, clean rooms and very friendly and...

Tv guide

Everything was great, clean rooms and very friendly and helpful staff.

It was awesome
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

It was clean and had great hospitality.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was clean and had great hospitality.... when it in Austin I’ll will definitely stay there again...

Love the size of the rooms and the kitchen area
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Great rooms, valet parking very good. Great places to eat around the hotel and close by

Awesome stay
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was great. Was very comfortable

distance to "downtown"

distance to "downtown"

Location was great.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Location was great. Hotel has very nice look and room was perfect

Friendly staff

Pool

Friendly staff

Friendly staff and comfy room
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Hot tub was broken, only parking option is $35 a night parking.

Roomy and clean

Hot tub not working

Hot tub not working

I really liked the cleanliness of the hotel, I also loved...
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I really liked the cleanliness of the hotel, I also loved the view from my room.

Location, distance to downtown

Workers in hallways, construction

Location, distance to downtown

Couldn’t sleep in due to construction
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Construction too early in the morning.

One of the best stays I’ve had in awhile.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Our room didn’t get serviced which was a little upsetting to my friend.

The room was gorgeous and the staff were very helpful and friendly.

perfect spot near downtown amenities.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Parking, valet service is too expensive

Great location, near to the Texas Captiol, guadalupe street and congress street.

Someone is using my email for these bookings

Someone is using my email for these bookings

We had a nice stay in Austin!
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

nothing was wrong. It was fine.

It was a nice suite. Great location. Wonderful staff.

Very comfortable
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Would’ve either liked the bar to stay open longer or have a mini bar in the room

Very comfortable

Will definitely return.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was hot. Nice view of the city.

We be "Booking" a room there again!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Would have liked the room a little cooler.

Loved the room. Extra roomy!

A nice place to stay in Austin downtown.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

parking is too expensive.

location, clean

A nice welcome with chocolate cookies
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast wasn’t included and the price was high comparing to other hotels.

A nice welcome with chocolate cookies

Great stay with great service

Construction