Reviews of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Boston - Cambridge 3 stars

400 Soldiers Field Road, Allston/Brighton, Boston, MA 02134, USA

#37 of 81 hotels in Boston

Near HBS,
    • Handicap Accessible Non-Smoking King Suite

The AC sound was very loud, No free parking for residents, Charging for receiving packages, Limited shuttle stations.

Near HBS, Shuttles, Nice river view.

My wife and I felt very comfortable.
    • Premium King Suite

There is nothing bad to say.

Very clean , room very well set up a modern. Staff was very friendly and helpful . This is our second stay and this hotel and we will be back . Thank you again

Boston Calling
    • King Suite

The river view was beautiful but you had to be in the bedroom to see it, the couch/TV room was dark, but that's the way it had to be.

The rooms were large and the shuttle service was very nice.

Stay elsewhere

Isolation

Middle of nowhere, no info on public transport, I was attracted to booking because of shuttle service; note it is most limited, especially Sunday, the schedule is most difficult to follow and it DOES NOT RUN TO THE AIRPORT An unexpected pleasure was scullers jazz club. There is nothing around hotel, bars, shooed, eateries, it’s rather like being on an island. I would not recommend this expensive hotel

The location of this hotel for a Harvard campus visit was worth the expense for single night.
    • King Suite

$45 for parking is pretty crazy, and the shuttle isn't worth trying to figure out -- we ended up walking to Harvard.

The fold-out bed was the best I have ever experienced (actually my son experienced it).

Very clean, very well appointed hotel within walking distance of the BU/Fenway area.
    • King Suite

It was too expensive, but the least expensive of other places we tried to find in the area. For such a luxurious hotel, we would have appreciated not having to pay $3 for an average cup of coffee in the morning on our way out. Complimentary coffee and ice water is available at much less expensive hotels - it would have made us much happier upon our departure. $45 for parking kind of stunk too. Oh well.

Great suite, comfortable bed, very clean, nice view.

Very pleased.
    • King Suite with Living Room

Wish there was a bar that opened at 11. Also wish the roof top deck was open but we understood that was a seasonal issue.

Beautiful room, friendly staff

Denisha and Yisha were very accommodating and made sure our stay was excellent.
    • Handicap Accessible Non-Smoking King Suite

Breakfast was excellent: great variety and very friendly and attentive staff. Fusion was not very organized, although the staff was very friendly. Room service was quick, accurate and very friendly

My daughter forgot her teddy we came back after 3 hours we...
    • Handicap Accessible Non-Smoking King Suite

The price for parking it´s super expensive $45 per day and it was under construction, my car got super dirty and it was hard to find a slot.

My daughter forgot her teddy we came back after 3 hours we did the checkout and it was there! They were very nice. The hotel is in a great location, the room has a lot of space it`s super clean.

hotel was fine;

the price!

hotel was fine; personnel friendly. the price was outrageous and the location right on the highway, though the view of the Charles River was nice and the walls were quite soundproof

WE ARE GLAD WE CHOSE DOUBLE TREE HILTON .....

NOT APPLICABLE :)

concept of suite with foldable bed and full size window with excellent view ( close to my son's HBS ) , EVERYTHING WORKED SUPERBLY FINE FOR US !!!!

Will return to this hotel whenever I’m back to the Boston area.
    • King Room with Balcony

It was a little expensive but still worth it. We would have enjoyed a taller walled/larger tub for baths but that’s minor and not necessity.

Everything was comfortable and clean with lots of space and a great view. Ambience and all complementary features were lovely. Both staff and other guests were friendly and helpful.

Besides the Buffet, Perfect stay, no complaints at all.
    • Family Suite with King Beds and Two Bunk Beds

The Breakfast Buffet was VERY expensive. You don't get the price prior to eating and I was very shocked @ my 139.00 bill for a buffet for 5. Although the food was good.

Very comfortable rooms, clean and well stocked

One of the best hotel stays under every category! Loved it!!
    • King Room with Balcony

That we couldn’t use the rooftop bar because of the weather :-(

The shuttle bus in and out of the hotel was awesome! Also loved Fusion upstairs and the idea of food and drinks downstairs in the lobby too!!! Well thought out hotel!!!

Clean, curteous, comfy bed, prompt service

Parking is very tight

We were in a King suite, very spacious and clean, bed was comfortable. Shower was very clean, water pressure was great. Room service prompt and courteous:-) I would stay there again. 128.00 a nite it was worth it!!

Nice hotel with good services!
    • King Suite with Living Room

Parking charge is a bit high given the hotel is not downtown. Shuttle service is great but not late enough. Hotel location is far from subway. Ventilation in the room is a bit noisy.

Room is very comfortable, clean and spacey; nice staffs; good service at hotel, shuttle is very convenient.

Wonderful property
    • King Suite

Room was beautiful, spacious and very comfortable. View was lovely of the river. Easy to walk into Cambridge, shuttle to Harvard Square. We had an issue without hearing/cooling unit and staff was extremely responsive and fixed it immediately. Pool is a little small if you want to use it for exercise, and is very popular so hard to do laps, but it is inside and has a whirlpool as well. Overall excellent property, highly recommend.

Friendly staff, great service.
    • Premium King Suite

The air conditioning was very loud at night

Friendly staff, great service. Made feel welcome. Parking available also shuttle bus to tourist locations in the city.

Luxury hotel at reasonable price.
    • King Room with Balcony

After initially booking a room with balcony, Cheryl at reception suggested due to the weather we would be better off not having the balcony. The room she gave us was very spacious with great views and the bed was so comfortable. All staff members were very friendly and helpful. Having the shuttle service into town was helpful also. You can walk and it is a nice walk in along the river and will take you about 40 minutes.

My stay was alright.
    • King Suite with Living Room

I had no hot water throughout my entire stay. It took me 10 minutes and being hung up on twice before I was able to reach someone. When someone finally came to my room he told me the water was fine. when I got back into the shower it was barely warm. I was very unhappy.

My stay was alright.
    • King Suite

I had no hot water throughout my entire stay, it took me 10 minutes to reach someone to get help and was hung up on twice. When someone came to look at it he said it was fine and when I got back into the shower it was barely warm.

I liked the fact that there was a microwave in the room.

The rooms are enormous and equipped with everything one...
    • Handicap Accessible Non-Smoking King Suite

The rooms are enormous and equipped with everything one could want. The restaurant, expensive though it is, serves some of the most satisfying breakfasts I've tasted in a long time. The fitness center is quite adequate, the lounge is great, and the location is perfect for anyone visiting Harvard.

Our stay was not pleased at all we made it work for ourselves but the hotel staff hospitality not go
    • Handicap Accessible Non-Smoking King Suite

The hotel room was very cold . They did send someone to fix it but it didn’t get warm until late at night

I love the jazz show that was inside the hotel and the food but that was it . The staff was not friendly at all from the time we got there no one greeted and throughout our stay no one greeted .... this was my first and last time I stay here and it was our 21 wedding anniversary .....

We got locked out on our balcony and the hotel wasn't prepared for this situation.
    • King Room with Balcony

Locked out of my room but was stuck on the balcony.. I had to climb over and bother another guests and when I finally got downstairs after trying to get into my room for 45 minutes it took Engineering an hour and half to finally get the door open I asked if this was there first time having somebody locked out they said they never prepared for a situation like this. Besides that the room was lovely the buffet pricing is outrageous and confusing.

It was good. A very nice place to stay with kind staff and comfortable beds.
    • King Suite

I could not get ahold of the front desk using the number provided. The location was also inconvenient because it’s a mile away from the nearest metro and the shuttle only goes a couple times a day to specific places.

THe room was very clean and everything was readily available. Nice view and kind staff.

Horrible
    • King Suite with Living Room

The staff knocked on our door 10 minutes before 11 saying we need to leave and check out which we agreed to and said give us 25 minutes. Staff then proceeded to call our phone saying it’ll be $50 if we don’t leave within 5 minutes. VERY RUDE STAFF. I will never come back.

I liked the area.

Very uncomfortable and unpleasant stay- sleepless horrific night
    • King Suite

The thermostat did not work n the room was freezing. I called them in the middle of the night and they sent a very unfriendly engineer who came n just restarted the thermostat and set it to a shocking 82 and said that’s how it works. He take it would take 10 minutes and left. I was trying to get back to sleep n this time, of course it was horrific as I felt I was dying in a desert. I was unable to breathe n stopped the thermostat n walked around in the corridor and then got back to sleep with great great discomfort. I did not expect this and with barely any sleep I had to attend a long conference the next day. Also, the room service was so slow, I waited for 45 minutes to get a tooth paste. Very sad.

Overall, the rooms were great, breakfast was great, location was great, free shuttle to Harvard Sq!
    • Premium King Suite

I asked for a river view room but they placed me in a regular room. They ended up fixing it but I was inconvenienced by having to constantly ask when room would be ready the next day. I would have liked some sort of refund or a free night!

The rooms were spacious and clean

Good hotel deserves competent staff
    • King Suite - Disability Access

Be careful about checkout at odd hours. The lone staff at the reception may not be of much help, as he may not have some authorizations! One colleague of mine who deposited security amount in cash had to leave at 6 AM without the refund to catch his flight: the staff at the reception did not have the authorization to issue refund in cash, and the staff who had authorization to issue cash refund would not arrive before 9 AM!

Good hotel manned by incompetent staff
    • King Suite

> Upon my arrival, the hotel staff couldn't locate my reservation, showing their incompetence. (The hotel had mis-arranged my name, making my middle name part of the last name! They also bungled up in my address, and the bungled up address shows in the receipt!) > The hotel initially billed me at price $225 against booking.com confirmation of $210, and even issued receipt, again showing incompetence of the staff!! They relented only after my protest. > The "security deposit" deducted from my Debit Card by the hotel not yet refunded after over a week despite hotel's claim that the refund has been "released" to my debit card. Hotel asks me to contact my bank for the refund, and the bank says I should contact the hotel which claims to have refunded the money!

Clean and comfortable.

Disappointed
    • King Suite

The air conditioning. So noisy .

The staff Jonathan was unhelpful. I booked suite with a living room but they said room was not available and left a small and noisy room. They offer a double room with balcony at upper floor instead. As I check in late at night time around 9:30pm, so tired that I didn’t want to argue with them and accepted. Really a bad experience. What is the point to have balcony instead of a living room in such a cold weather!

The staff members were very kind, friendly and accommodating...
    • Handicap Accessible Non-Smoking King Suite

The only disappointing aspect of our stay was the $40 it was going to cost to park there. I ended up being gifted that fee, but the $40 additional will be the one thing that might stop me from staying there again.

The staff members were very kind, friendly and accommodating, the room was beautiful and spotless and the indoor pool and hot tub were clean and lovely as well.

Not as relaxed as I had hoped.
    • Premium King Suite

Not happy with the fact that we paid $40 for parking when we already paid $250+ on a room. Parking should be included, and on top of that, the parking pass did not successfully work once when entering or leaving garage. Very frustrating.

Comfortable bed- accommodating staff.

After my car got rear ended , I won’t stay there again!
    • Handicap Accessible Non-Smoking King Suite

Worst hotel parking I’ve ever been to! Due to the spaces that are too tight my car got rear ended!!! And it’s $40 a night!!!

Spacious room and great breakfast selections.

I loved the room and the hot tub.
    • King Suite

I was not told that the time of booking that we would have to pay $40 a night for parking. When we checked into the hotel the desk clerk and never told us about a shuttle service so we ended up spending an extra $60 to park in Boston

I loved the room and the hot tub. The Concierge it was great

Our stay was great!will be back
    • King Suite

Our room was very clean with a great view. We stayed comfortably and enjoyed our time at the hotel. The staff who checked us in was very helpful and kind. Will be back.

The entire place was so different from the rest of the...
    • King Suite - Disability Access

Parking is $40 A NIGHT. Not even valet. I know a lot of other places change the upwards of $50 or $60 but jeez, cut us a break - that is too much and this wasn't in a location to park on the streets. The bathtub knobs were ridiculously hard to turn and there was also a slight crack in the fixture (room 1008). Also the water pressure wasn't the best but it worked. The fire alarm went off in our second room (no fault of ours) for apparently no reason at all at 1AM and the only explanation they had was that the batteries may be low? That was kind of sucky but the manager was on staff that night was so polite it was difficult to even be angry. (given the fact that we had previously smoked up another room by heating something up too long in the microwave)

The entire place was so different from the rest of the DoubleTrees I've stayed at! (Kind of like an Embassy Suites if you've ever stayed) The room was beautiful, had a pull down mattress with walking room to spare, and had a great view of the river and Cambridge. The pool is heated which was great to get into after coming in from the cold Boston winter and the Jacuzzi is large! The staff was friendly and really accommodating (especially after my boyfriend set off the room fire alarm) After, we moved down to an accessible room, which was very large as well (lots of room for wheelchairs to move around).

Great hotel, great amenities, great staff, but parking prices are too much.
    • King Suite

I did not appreciate the extremely high price of 40 dollars a night for parking at the hotel. I feel this was too much and it should be included in guest stay.

The rooms were the best part

Convenient location, immaculately clean and very updated, friendly, helpful staff!

Parking was $40/night

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms are updated and very clean. Although parking was $40/night, but my husband and I both came from work, so we had two cars and they only charged us for one.

It was NYE. We had a fun, festive time.
    • King Suite

Room arrangement was not what I booked through booking.com. It was disappointing at first, but the staff was apologetic and made up for our disappointment by giving us two suites with nice views. Next time, I’ll call the hotel directly to make my reservations.

Staff went above and beyond to accommodate our needs.

Great location, and very clean
    • Premium King Suite

Additonal $40 to park in hotel parking lot with stay, which was NOT listed on their website. I believe it is absurd to pay $40 to park when I paid $300 to stay for one night. Did not get the room I paid for, and when mentioned at check out, the concierge said “sorry miss you never booked that kind of room” when I had my receipt on email and it said I did. I just agreed with the man to not make a fuss.

Great location, and very clean

I had fun ☺
    • King Suite

Restaurant had a few issues. Again out if chicken . Menu a little misleading. But this was minor.

The room was cozy though I'm not sure what was going on with the heat. Staff was friendly. We ate at the restaurant minor issues. (Ran out of chicken). Overall thou gh we enjoyed. I would probably stay again.

Loved the room set up
    • King Suite

Did not enjoy the heat in the rooms being sensored so it would go off all the time even with people in the rooms, which made it at times very cold in the rooms.

Loved the room set up

Awesome
    • King Suite

Beautiful property. Updated furnishings and very clean. Loved the indoor pool. We started looking for our next Doubletree hotel destination stay while we were there. Friendly staff. Great people all around. Nice big room with a view of the Charles River. We will be staying here again this summer.

I will definitely choose this location again for a relaxing getaway
    • King Suite

The location if you don't have a car. Although shuttle service is offered, I enjoy walking around seeing sites. Also there is no designated spot for smokers

The size of the suite was nice. It was very comfortable. The onsite restaurants was a plus

The beds were not good at all
    • King Suite

I do not like the beds they were booking and not useable at all that’s why I did not stay there I was there only for 10 minuets than I left

The workers were good but the beds were brooking

I loved the bed and view.
    • King Suite

That booking.com didn’t have all requirements listed. Plus I was told I would get $40 reimbursement back and haven’t been so I felt like I was lied to.

I loved the bed and view.

Great staff, great rooms, 15 minute walking distance to...
    • King Suite

There are very few places nearby to dine and it misses the ambience of Harvard Square

Great staff, great rooms, 15 minute walking distance to Harvard Business School

A place giving a cool impression of being in Boston. :-)
    • King Suite

As usually, there is a room for improvements. In this case, it is the heating system. in the end of November (outside temperature in the range of 0-5 C) it was either noisy or ineffective. When switched off, the temperature in the suite dropped to 17-18 C, which was acceptable but felt bit to low. When turned on, the noise caused by the system was too high for a comfortable sleep. Annoying somewhat.

A great place for a longer stay. Reasonably priced (with regard to the overall quality). Generally speaking, comfortable and cozy, with some remarks mentioned in the 'minuses' section. Nice buffet. A nice view on the Charles River (more impressive in the night :-) ). I liked the modern art-deco style of the place. A bit weird perhaps, but personally I liked the view on the railway return loop right at the bottom of the hotel (sure, it's the matter of personal taste). Relatively quiet as of the big city (10th floor) The T-train stop and car rental company were approx. 10-min-walk away (both the same direction). And finally, but perhaps the most important: very nice people. Will go there again, when there is an opportunity.

I left a hat behind.
    • King Suite

I left a hat behind. When I called they quickly found it so I could come get it. The woman who helped was named Stephanie. She went above and beyond.

For one night stay, overall was fair.
    • Family Suite with King Beds and Two Bunk Beds

I did not get what I booked. I booked King bed with two bunk bedded room. Instead, I got King bed with one additional bed. Room was downgraded due to maintenance (I was not told at Check-in). I would've appreciated if representative at the front desk was upfront about it when checked in to the hotel.

It was very clean.

Comfortable, close to city center, okay location
    • King Suite

While the hotel itself is pretty close to city center, it's somewhat far from the public transportation: takes around 15-20 minutes to walk to the nearest subway station.

King suite was very spacious and comfortable Fast WiFi

Our trip to Boston was nice.
    • King Suite

The price for parking is ridiculous! The front desk clerk upon our arrival was very courteous , however the older African American who checked me out on Monday morning (20th) was VERY RUDE!

Size of the room

Comfort but location not central but enough in walking distance
    • Family Suite with King Beds and Two Bunk Beds

Car parking is expensive compared to location. Bar Prices are very expensive. Had confusion over our room - allocated wrong type of room/suite - got this corrected for 2 nights to the correct type of room (double with)and was going to have to move on 3rd night of stay - The fault of this was booking.com according to the staff member at front desk and that booking. We were not staying in the hotel on the Friday night so packed all our cases and left them with concierge for the night - when we arrived back to the hotel on the Saturday we were not required to change the room after all.

Modern Hotel - Very comfy

NEVER AGAIN - has put me off the hilton group and I used to be a GOLD member.
    • King Suite

From problems with check-in (needing calls to booking.com (they were great)), to noise in room from the elevator 'bing' (don't accept a room near the lifts) to plumbing noises from above and next door. Certain staff need training on customer relations - told could not have breakfast even when paid for (eventually sorted after insisting), not even asked why I checked out early! Missed the usual 'how was your stay?' Directions to the bar and breakfast area should be clearer - eg on lifts.

Serving staff were excellent at the one breakfast in the week, bar was understaffed in the evening at times only one lady with a full bar serving food as well, but at least she had a smile.

Great place that I would recommend
    • King Suite

The location even so not too far from Harvard is a little remote. Having said that the hotel offers a shuttle service to Boston city centre and Harvard square at very convenient times

Nice hotel with comfortable room and a very professional staff. The bar and the restaurant are reasonably priced. We had a great stay

Cold!!
    • King Suite

The heat in the room did not work. Nobody came to fix it before we went to bed. It was 59 degrees in our room. We called for breakfast room service. We were required to leave a voice message for our order. Nobody got the message. Had to call down to the front desk. They said the order wasnt received. They eventually sent the food up, but it was basically gas station-quality food. We didn’t eat much of it in our 59 degree room.

The rooms were nice but the staff at the front desk was not as helpful as we expected.
    • Premium King Suite

They close their main Resturant on Sunday and Monday nights. We flew in an arrived late so we had room service for dinner on Saturday. Spent the day in Boston and would have liked to have dinner at the hotel and the only option we had was the sports bar which was extremely understaffed. We left the next morning and never ate at the main Resturant.

Room service was very good and staff was efficient. All the food we had was good.

Not good.
    • King Suite

I had to constantly walk in front of the ac for it to kick on. Very frustrating. No one picked up the front desk phone when I called on each day. I had to go down to the desk. Was the smallest king size bed I have ever seen. Shower didn't work one of the days. The TV had squiqqle lines in it at times. Not a good location. Windows were small and did not maximize the view.

Very comfortable and conveniently placed

See above

Very comfortable rooms in the "suites" style so the bedroom is at the back, away from banging doors and noisy corridors. The gym is considerably above the usual hotel standard and the food mart in reception is excellent - good coffee, a toaster with bagels, muffins etc and loads of fruit so you can make your own breakfast and avoid the expensive restaurant. The hotel is a 15 minute cab ride to the city centre and an 8 minute ride to Harvard Square (easily walkable too). There's a whole foods nearby but other than that, it's somewhat marooned in a tangle of freeways. My one quibble would be the front desk staff. Some were good, two were dozy and disengaged. If they sharpened up, this would be an excellent hotel.

5 days stay for 5 people
    • Family Suite with King Beds and Two Bunk Beds

The suits are too crowded for 5 people. There is no separation between the main room and the toilet so you here every entry. There is no good excess to one side of the double bed.

Breakfast was excellent. The hotel is good, service was good. The shuttle was very helpful.

Very nice hotel, but lots of hidden extra expenses.
    • King Suite

The rooms were very nice, but pricey, and lots of extra expenses like $40 a day for parking. Another suggestion for the hotel would be to provide complimentary water bottles in your room each day. We had to find a convenience store to buy water to avoid having to pay $4 a bottle at the hotel. Also, the food at Fusion(restaurant at the hotel) was overpriced and just average.

Rooms were very clean and lots of room. Liked having the separate living area and area with coffee maker and micro/fridge.

Like the Marriott better
    • King Suite

There weren't enough towels or pillows The breakfast we waited almost 30 minutes to revive eggs staff not knowledgeable about surrounding area

The property was beautiful

The breakfast was varied and delicious
    • Handicap Accessible Non-Smoking King Suite

Outdoor parking at $40 is disgraceful For the price I expected more - bigger pool, room, lifts that work

The breakfast was varied and delicious The customer service

Overall a good stay. Staff was exceptionally friendly and accommodating.
    • King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access

The air conditioning was not working up to par. Our room was way too warm the first 2 nights. Thought we were going to have to change rooms but a cool spell in the weather came through the area so we were comfortable for the remainder of our stay.

The concierge, Evan, was wonderful! So helpful and friendly. He made booking outings a breeze! He had many good suggestions and went the extra mile.

What an awesome experience for taking a shot in the dark in booking hotel
    • King Suite

Toilet stopped up once. No big deal. Maintenance came within ten min and fixed problem. Maid was amazing

Staff was amazing. Huge help in navigating city and places for kids. Cookies are amazing and they give u them on demand with a smile on their face. Room was awesome for two little ones. Loved it. I will be back!

Staff lacking knowledge and over priced service.
    • King Suite

We ordered a Mac Cheese to our room. He asked if we wanted extra plates and utensils so we asked for three sets. He showed up with one set and the bill of $30. The reason is that not only they charge for the service fee and taxes but also delivery charge for $5. When we checked out I asked about the delivery charge and the man basically told me that all the hotels charge for the deliver fee for any room service even we ask for a cup of coffee. Every time we asked any basic questions about anything such as shuttle bus schedule, room service, he/she never had the answer and he/she always had to call someone else with the walkie talkie to get the answer. They are polite but luck basic knowledge of their service. Not impresses at all.

The views over looking the Charles River were great.
    • King Suite with River View

The hotel upgraded our rooms but didn't tell us they were upgrading us or that we would be charged. I was also under the impression that all rooms had a pull out sofa like the description stated, but they did not. They recently renovated the hotel to have Murphy beds which was not relayed to me during the booking process.

The views over looking the Charles River were great. After noticing that I was over charged for a couple of the rooms for the upgrade that we didn't ask for, the hotel did fix the problem and adjusted the pricing.

Comfortable hotel but expect to pay extra for most amenities.
    • Handicap Accessible Non-Smoking King Suite

The first room we were given had some electrical issues but we were switched to a functional room the next morning. Nearly every hotel we stay at includes breakfast. This hotel charges for just about every extra amenity and prices are high.

Underground parking and readily available cabs and shuttles were nice. The rooftop bar and city views were lovely. The hotel is very nice.

Very comfortable and stylish overall, but the service seems a little chaotic and disorganized

We preordered room service to be delivered upon arrival. After a half an hour we called the front desk to ask where it was and our order was apparently lost, and then it still took another 45 minutes to arrive, which threw off our whole schedule for the rest of the night

The bed was super comfortable, sheets were so soft, and the room was comfortable, clean, and spacious

Comfort at its best.

The only negative would be the variety of the room service breakfast menu. The location did have a continental and all you can eat breakfast, but honestly i just wanted to stay in my room and dine in for breakfast at times, and the menu was limited.

This was one of my favorite Double Tree Locations to date. The room was amazing and it truly felt like home. Very high end, contemporary design. The staff was very attentive, friendly and always available to led a helping hand. Oh and i loved the free shuttle services. It really made it easy to get around to all of the local sites.

Not worth to spend that much money to stay.
    • King Suite

Location, too close to the road, and the installation is poor, hard to sleep because the noise. Breakfast is really expensive, and always ask for tips. Air conditioning or venting system is loud in The room.

Had a nice family room for rest.

Excellent all around visit!
    • King Suite

I was attending a workshop at the hotel for two days, and decided to stay overnight so I wouldn't be tired from the drive on the second morning. I definitely made the right choice! When I arrived on the first day, I was able to check in and put my bags in my room, even though it was 7am. After a long day of workshop activities, I was exhausted but had an errand to do. The concierge recommended I use Lyft, which was as easy as pie. When I got back, I was starving, so I made a quick stop at the front desk. What a selection of food! I was very pleased with what was available. When it was time to go to bed, I was delighted with the extremely comfortable bed and the variety of pillows. I felt like Goldilocks, as I was able to find one that was just right for me. Thank you for a wonderful stay. I will be back!

Stay here if you want to spend couple of nights in Boston.

On-site parking costs 40 USD per 24hrs which was not clearly mentioned when booking. Other parking options are limited (situated between highway and river). Toilet made loud noise during flushing (pump) that can easily wake up people traveling with you. Washroom door should be fixed (loud cranking noise when opening) - these are room relevant issues of course.

Very nice and clean hotel and rooms. Good staff. Excellent bed! Hi quality coffee makers in the room. Plenty of different sandwiches etc. available at the lobby. Very good location if you are walking or arriving by car!

Upon arrival we were told that our room we had booked with...
    • King Corner Suite with River View

Room service is quite expensive (there is a whole foods about 10 minutes walk from the hotel) Be aware that the price you have been quoted on your Booking.com confirmation may alter - due to the currency change daily. We were supposed to pay $2147.00 (new zealand), but ended up paying $2434.00 (new zealand), factor this into your budget when booking.

Upon arrival we were told that our room we had booked with Booking.com was SOLD OUT. Which we found rather strange - as we thought we had a confirmed booking with booking.com & the hotel. But were were then upgraded to a two level suite (room1624) . Room was spacious & comfortable. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom spacious. There is a lot of storage.You will find that room service is expensive, but there is a whole foods about 10 minutes walk from the hotel. There is a shuttle that takes you to several locations - which is handy. A full pantry is available near reception, with some lovely food etc that you can buy. There are also free plastic cutlery in the pantry also. There is a lovely roof top bar - that at night you can sit up there & have a drink & nibbles & enjoy the view. Having free WIFI is always a bonus. And there is a laundry, which we discovered - and it is an extra bonus to have.