Reviews of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Charlotte/SouthPark 3 stars

6300 Morrison Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28211, USA

#69 of 138 hotels in Charlotte

What a beautiful and relaxing atmosphere! Perfect for a getaway anytime!

Can't think of anything really.

The waitress in the Market place was a lot of fun...she was from England and kept us laughing. Loved the swimming pool...very clean. The room was very spacious and comfortable!

Great place to stay.

No extras that you would normally get at other less expensive hotels.

Nice two room suite. Food we ordered at the restaurant was really good. Not so exciting for the kids, but for adults, it is great!

Such a relaxing stay! Great location and price.
    • Two-Bedroom Queen Suite

They need at least two working elevators. During my visit, there was only one available and guests/employees were forced to use it which made for long wait times.

I really enjoyed breakfast but be sure to book a room that includes this as it does not come with all rooms. The breakfast was super delicious and all of the staff that I encountered was super helpful.

I enjoy everything just the bed bugs were extremely overrated for me and my family
    • Two-Bedroom Queen Suite

On Friday night as me and my family were getting ready for bed we spotted bed bugs but the staff were right on it

The breakfast was very delicious the view was everything as well and the staff was excellent as well

The 2 bedroom suite was great for families.
    • Two-Bedroom Queen Suite

We were unable to check in at the stated check in time of 4 pm which left us chasing a tired toddler around the lobby for about an hour. Losing that hour of check in caused us to rush to get ready for our evening plans and a toddler with no nap! No apology or compensation offered. Nice hotel, I expected more.

The 2 bedroom suite was great for families.

Check in was at 4:00pm.

Check in was at 4:00pm. Rooms were not ready until 5:30 and everyone was waiting in the lobby. People were late to a wedding and our dinner plans were affected.

My stay was fantastic!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen

I have no complaints. I loved everything about my entire experience.

I didn't actually eat at the restaurant but the banquet service was great and the food was excellent!

Disappointed, not again!

1. Pool not open! ( site could of said this! I traveled from Ohio for this. 2. Dirty- trash all over outside, my room floor wasn't swept. Found an earring on the floor. Ewww. 3. So called " restaurant closed 1:30-4:30! So if we were hungry had to pay room fee, & food always cold.

Close to great mall.

Staff was super! I did not like the room we recieved just off the lobby, elevator and first floor.

Our trash can was still full from the people before us and we had no linens. The staff came immediately to bring us towels so we could shower. The air conditioning unit was very loud.

Service was excellent! Especially the staff at the restaurant!!

it was great
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

bed very comfortable, room nice and clean. l would come back before l saw the room because of the young man that check me in, l give him a 10+, l love good customer service

I was charged 157 when the room was 137 and I was charged an...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

I was charged 157 when the room was 137 and I was charged an extra 50$ for I don’t know what but was told I’ll get the money back in a couple of business days

Will definitely be back
    • Two-Bedroom Queen Suite

I was told kitchen had supplies. We had to ask for supplies for the kitchen as it was not stocked but they were very accommodating.

Very warn and inviting. Homey for a facility. Breakfast out of this world.

This was a relaxed stress free stay with professional staff employees...Thanks!

Did not like the fact that I could not stay longer.

First, the hospitality was superior. Next, the price was affordable compared to other hotels. The room was clean, comfortable, but most importantly it had an at home feeling. I love the location and it is convenient to everything.

Overall we enjoyed our stay!

Floor layout was confusing. A trip to the ice machine took 5-10 mins to and from. Room service gratuity was too expensive in addition to the delivery charge.

Walking distance from SouthPark Mall. Spacious rooms. Cookies!

Hotel and staff Great.

Victoria andBraxton were so gracious and polite. The checkin was quick and easy and when I needed anything or made a request they both were very informative. Ms Cat was gracious as well. She was very welcoming also. Checkout with Mr.George was quick and easy. Overall my stay was great . My only discrepancy is that a Beal should be included in you stay. I’ve stayed at the Holiday Inn and breakfast was included without question.

Very relaxing

Very professional front desk staff,we really enjoyed our stay looking forward for our anniversary stay.Ms.Gloria Singleton is a very helpful,I worked there back in the late 80’s up until 95 was very surprised to see that she still was there she is such a awesome person along with the front desk staff very professional employees!Thanks

We were in Charlotte to help my sick Sister so after a long day of cleaning it was perfect

They needed more help at the front desk. It was check in time and they only had one person and a mile long line. Someone else eventually came out but not before you had frustrated guest.

The layout of the room and staff were great

It was great, location was great and would definitely come back

Only thing would be cookies. They had nuts and never know if people have a nut allergy so would be nice if front desk would say before handing over

Stay was amazing. Wish I woke up earlier for breakfast

Never will stay here again.

Our room was dank and smelled like mildew. The furniture was very old and worn. Unclean carpet.

Disgusting mildew smell in room. No pillows on bed. Outdated smelly furniture. I felt dirty staying here.

It was a wonderful and relaxing stay!

That I couldn't stay longer! LOL

The room was very nice and accommodating. The bed was so comfortable! Facilities were great! Awesome perk was being next door to the mall!

We have stayed here several times and have always liked the service, staff, and accommodations!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Our room overlooked the courtyard and there was a lot of noise from outside until well after midnight both nights we were there. There was also a "popping, cracking" sound from somewhere in the ceiling like it might have been in the heating ducts. Noise kept us awake.

Room accommodations were nice...had a full kitchen. Staff extra friendly. Location great for shopping and reasonably close to NFL football stadium.

Great area.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Complimentary wi-fi was listed as $12.95 in rooms. If it is complimentary there should've no charge. If in room wi- fi is free, change the way you information reads.

I actually enjoyed my stay
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

I had a little negative experience with the room not being clean for one day, but I believe it was just an oversight... Only mentioning it for management awareness sake. Double Tree is a wonderful hotel.

I like the friendliness of the staff.

Nice property good location.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Tried several times to get extra shampo and A laundry bag. Called front desk Even went. To front desk to get items Just wanted a laundry bag. Had to get my keys. Made twice. Very frustrating

Room size was great

Nice hotel in a great location.

Lack of kitchen supplies

Good location. Friendly staff. Clean facility. Kitchen only had 2 bowls, 2 spoons and a glass. We brought our own pans. They need a toaster, since there is no oven.

Not everything was described well, but overall a decent stay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Wetbar

The amenities listed a hot tub but they did not have one. Also, the front desk said we'd have free breakfast but the breakfast area said it was not free.

Very nice beds.

rooms are huge!

overall the hotel looks and feels a bit old. Elevators are slow, lobby a bit traditional for my taste

rooms are huge! I liked the location close to South Park Mall.

Cleaning incident

I needed extra sheets for sofa bed since it was 6 of us and housekeeper never came. Instead came the gentleman from the front desk and I discovered dirty sheet under cover on another bed. Everybody including the gentleman from the front desk was disgusted and advised me to change the room and take the photos which I did but for not much use because lady at the front desk tomorrow morning didn't give me any discount except for free complementary breakfast. Staff at the front desk did their best and I hope they reported the cleaning incident to the management.

Large comfortable room for big family. Very kind gentleman at the front desk.

Great location but beware
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Wetbar

Elevator was unpredictable, another broken. Computers were down when we arrived and no one could check-in for hours. No compensation was made for the inconvenience. Repairs were being made, but no mention of it was on the website or in the hotel until your way was blocked. The common areas were dirty. Scuffed walls, chipped paint bad smells from old carpet. Staff was mediocre at best, and often unhelpful. Need towels? You'll likely only get 1. A headache to deal with.

Room was spacious and clean.

No hot water. Moldy shower. Yuck!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Moldy shower. NO hot water for shower. I heard everything upstairs neighbor discussed as well as heard the pounding footsteps of the people walking in the hall upstairs and above me.

The suite was large, it had a common room that included a...
    • Two-Bedroom Queen Suite

The view left everything to be desired. I had recently visited another luxury hotel under another branding and decided to give this one a try, but the other far exceeded this one and the desk staff seemed to be slightly on the rude side while also not knowing much about my stay. The elevators were far from most rooms and the ice machine/vending area had a sign pointing to it and then they stopped, I finally made it to them but only after going 3/4 of the way around my floor.

The suite was large, it had a common room that included a sofa bed, a room with a king bed, a room with two queen beds, and a kitchen with nice sized appliances. Great price for the size of the suite.

Wonderful hotel for a business trip
    • King Room with Kitchen

The breakfast isn't great.

The hotel is in a great location and very neat and well appointed. The mini bar was not too expensive and the staff are extremely friendly.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

You site said breakfast was included.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

You site said breakfast was included. It was not. We requested a queen or King, we received double beds. When noted to staff that we used Booking.com, response was less than warm. Unfortunately, first and last time using booking.com

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Not likely to return.

The walls are paper thin-I could hear the people on either side. And I thought breakfast was included, but I had to buy breakfast my last day, which I did so I could get on the road. The staff are not overly friendly, and I didn't know my way around . The parking is very limited close to the hotel - there is parking at the back, but no entrance, so it is necessary to walk around. The night I checked in there was a limo blocking the circle parking, so I pulled to a curb where in the daylight I realized was not actually a parking space. This city is not as friendly as I expected, and the drivers are VERY impatient.

The property was convenient for my meeting. The room was spacious.

Disappointed with the stay this time

We had fruit flies in the room and even though I received a card at check in that said, "if you're not satisfied with your stay, let us know and we'll MAKE IT RIGHT"- they could not change my room - so the fruit flies remained.. they were at the breakfast buffet as well

Location to Southpark and the fact that it is a suite

Save your money... this hotel was fair, with very thin walls and a lingering odor.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

UGH...Noisy!! We could hear all the plumbing all around us PLUS we could hear the guests above us walking and moving about. (Walls and ceiling very thin) We could hear doors slamming, tvs and music playing often. There was also a stale odor in the hallway and in our room, which I assumed was from the carpet in need of a good shampooing. The room was clean enough but fixtures were old, rust around drain, carpet was unraveling and the tile floor in the bathroom was chipping.

Good location. The room had a nice private patio with a view of the pool, but it was raining and we didn't get to enjoy it. The suite was large.

Okay room, unprepared staff and loud guests.
    • Two-Bedroom Queen Suite

When I booked my room I gave notice that I would be checking in around 12pm or 1pm so that the room would be ready, however, when we arrived the room was not ready until a little after 7pm due to a maintenance error that they did not attend to until I approached the check in desk. Their attempt at compensation for the wait was a bag of 6 cookies (all of us are adults over the age of 30) which they already provide to each guest. Provided we had already driven 3 hours and had plans that evening we were pushed for time and ended up canceling most of our outing as we were constantly reassured that it would be fixed in just a few minutes. The only other issues were the party guests from the wedding who were a bit too intoxicated due to the open bar who strolled the hallways and courtyard at night shouting at each other and banging/stumbling into and on the walls and doors.

I loved that I was able to find a room large enough to accommodate my coworkers and I as we were celebrating a birthday out of town. The room was nice and comfortable however there was only a view of the courtyard which was being occupied by a large tent due to a wedding. The bar/lounge area downstairs was very convenient and the bartender was friendly and witty which we really enjoyed his humor and sarcasm. I have stayed here before and had a different experience as always your stay is determined by many factors so this could have been a one night experience and may not be a completely accurate reflection of how this hotel is run on a consistent basis.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

I would stay again!

There were socks from another guest left in one of the drawers. The type of room we booked was not ready and we arrived at the correct check-in time that was listed.

The rate of the room from booking.com. Overall, the hotel was nice and a decent location from downtown.

Great Stay!

We had to leave...

The two king size bed rooms, dining area, living room area, two full baths, full kitchen, three big screen televisions, cleanliness, great breakfast and staff. I text family and friends about the location and was hoping that it would be a Doubletree at our next vacation spot. Thanks for a short and sweet weekend...

A little disappointed
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I paid extra for a large table that seats 6 but the one im my room was very small for 3 people and they wouldn't accomodate. This was the #1 reason I booked this room. No indoor pool or jacuzzi

Cookies when I checked in and hotel operator Tori

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Perfect hotel stay for shopping weekend.

Much of the breakfast food was all too pre- prepared, such as egg and meat dishes such as hash. Very salty and unhealthy. Maybe some cold cut meat on cold counter for continental.

Suite room was excellent value for money. Just a minutes walk away from all the shops and restaurants Staff were very friendly and helpful with questions. Very easy check in and check out.

I was charged almost 70.

I was charged almost 70.00 more than when I booked the room! Was told it was for accidental and if didn't use would be returned! Then hours later was charged another 50.00 and was told the same reason!

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Decent value due to the staff and location.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

We did not like the heating system. It was very loud.Complimentary breakfast should be included.

I loved the location. Everything was walkable.Great staff.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Enjoyable short visit to Charlotte.

The bed was too hard for my husband and I thought the sheets weren't soft enough. However, we enjoyed our short stay! Great location and awesome staff!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Pleasant stay.

We thought the sofa bed would be made up and taken down for us. My son just ended up sleeping on the sofa each night instead of having it be a bed.

Comfortable main bed, fresh coffee, nice shower.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Great stay!
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

No vending snack machines or food during the day so when I arrived I was unable to find a snack easily which was challenging since my travel plans had made it so that I had missed lunch

The hotel Sidewalk directly connected to the amazing south park mall. Breakfast was amazing. Rooms were big.

A home away from home.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Friendly accommodating staff. Beautiful complimentary breakfast.

it was very clean and felt safe.

the hotel is laid out kind of weird so lots of walking trying to find your room but other than that it was perfect.

it was very clean and felt safe.

In town to see family. They came to the hotel to hang out with us. Great place!

No complaints.

Beautiful hotel, great facilities/amenities. Our room was awesome, bigger than we expected. We had a fun time! Very dog friendly.

the room ok locatine fine

asked for towels never get any has to get them from pool also housekeeping never clean the room

the room ok locatine fine

LOVEDDDD IT

Nothing loved everything

Everything, was well maintained, the look all the way around was immaculate

Overall very enjoyable.

Check-in time is a little late. Breakfast should be included in the price.

The wait staff at breakfast were great.

The wait staff at breakfast were great. They went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed

We had fun

Prices at bar

Courtyard area

I’ll stay here again
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was good. Room was very spacious with kitchen

Great stay! Loved it and Recommend.

Loved it.

Everything.

The room was great so was location

George at the front desk was rude

The room was great so was location

AWESOME !

Everything was great.

Nice courtyard

Floor in our room was sticky. It was a long walk to room from parking, with an infant and a toddler it was a challenge.

Nice courtyard

A hidden jewel.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I wished I could have gotten the balcony that overlooked the pool area

The room was spacious and I loved the balcony very relaxing

Pretty nice hotel
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was alittle over priced

It was clean and had a great location

The beds were extremely comfortable.

There was mold on the air vent and in the shower.

The beds were extremely comfortable.

Wonderful site

The cookies.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Wetbar

I loved everything about it. Nothing to dislike

The cookies. The cleanliness of the entire room.

Great first time hotel experience with our dog!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The facility felt old. It is time for a renovation.

Staff was very friendly. Very accommodating for pets.

I was upset that my card was charged 5 different times

I was upset that my card was charged 5 different times

Great stay! Friendly staff and nice location.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Wetbar

Climate control. Either freezing cold or humid and stuffy. No exhaust fan in bathroom.

Great location. Comfortable rooms

The access to my own balcony.

Bed was a little hard.

The access to my own balcony.

The customer service was outstanding

The customer service was outstanding

Great place to stay
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Better parking but no real issue

The staff was super friendly and accommodating. I would recommend highly

Best cookies ever!
    • King Room with Wetbar

Best cookies ever!!!!

Will definitely stay here again.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff were very accommodating and friendly.

We really had an enjoyable experience!

WiFi could have been better.

The breakfast was delicious. Our room was huge. The mattress and pillows were very comfortable.

Perfect hotel for our quick Holiday trip!

Extra comfortable beds and very clean!Friendly staff!