Reviews of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Columbus 3 stars

50 South Front Street, Columbus, OH 43215, USA

#47 of 98 hotels in Columbus

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Took me too long to check-in. My greeter stopped helping me to help her colleague help another customer, then came back to me to tell me my room wasn't ready (two hours after the check-in time). Then they had to give me another room. Add this to the construction and slow elevators, check in was not great. Also, the room's AC was weak, the toilet struggled to flush, the shower did not drain, and there some other minor errors that detracted from the quality of the experience. This was my second negative experience in the week with a Hilton-owned suite-style hotel. Not sure what's going on, but they are losing my faith.

Bed was nice and comfortable, as was the size of the room. Shower had great water pressure. Breakfast was quite excellent. You are close to some services, but not as many if you were further North. Good location if you are okay with walking or taking mass transit. Wireless worked well.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pull out couch(bed) was uncomfortable. The front desk could have informed me at check-in that I needed to put the card on the bed in order for the bed to be made up by housekeeping. TV didn't work on the side of the room with the couch.

The main beds were really comfortable. The size of the room was great, and we had a nice view from our window. The location was convenient to everything.

• Deluxe King Suite with River View

Location downtown was perfect and just a quick Uber ride to the more happening area of North High Street. Hotel cleanliness and size of the room was very impressive. Hotel staff weren't overly friendly but were professional. Disappointing that breakfast was not included and the lack of a cafe/Starbucks on site for a quick breakfast. Overall I would stay again now knowing there is a Starbucks in another hotel nearby.

• Deluxe King Suite with River View

Black mold in almost every room. Had to switch rooms 3 times and eventually stayed in our original room. The vents and the ducts need to be cleaned. Overall I felt like I was staying in a dirty hotel

• One-Bedroom Suite King Non-Smoking

Bartender socialized with others too much. Parking fee was steep.

The beds were the best ever. We were close to everything downtown and having a free breakfast buffet because of the rewards program was great. The staff were friendly.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I called the front desk and requested a luggage cart/bell-hop to assist me when I explained I’m disabled. They told me to park on the 5th floor of the garage for handicap parking, but did not meet my request for assistance with my luggage. Entering the elevator from the parking garage, there was no AC working. No big deal, just a short elevator ride to the hotel lobby. But while I stood in line to check in, there was also no AC working in the lobby either! I made a comment to the guy at the front desk about how uncomfortable it was in there, as it was in the 80’s that day. He assured me it would be taken care of and said not to worry, the AC is working in the hotel room. Wrong!! Walked into what felt like a sauna! We thought maybe the cleaning lady just forgot to turn it on after cleaning from the previous guests, so we just flipped it on and figured it would be fine in a few minutes. Wrong again! The AC was not working at all!! Had to call the front desk twice, before maintenance finally came to our room and fixed the AC for us!! Maintenance man was extremely apologetic, and fixed it quickly! However, the staff at the front desk didn’t seem to be in much of a hurry to get it taken care of for us. The girl at checkout waived my parking fees, but offered nothing beyond that to make me want to stay again for future trips to Columbus..

The location was perfect, as I was in town to see Justin Timberlake’s Man Of The Woods tour at Nationwide Arena! (go see JT if you get the chance! You’ll thank me later!) Room was spacious and set up nicely. Beds were comfortable!

• One-Bedroom Suite King Non-Smoking

I had to request a room change. The room was filthy! The bathroom smell was so bad I had to keep the door shut. I took pictures of a disgusting shower curtain. The second room still was not perfect but I had to attend a conference. I considered leaving but needed to stay. Poor service at the front desk and would definitely not recommend staying here.

• King Suite with Separate Living Area/Non-Smoking

When we checked in there was an incredibly long wait because their computer system had crashed. We finally got assigned a room and the hall leading to the room was flooded. We go back to the desk and get assigned a new room. While in our new room another couple walks into our room because they were assigned it as well. The evening gentleman at the desk acted like this was no big deal and apparently we were not the only people this had happened to.

• One-Bedroom Suite King Non-Smoking

I could never access the free WiFi, but too tired to hassle with it. We ordered 2 cheeseburgers and fries from room service for dinner. The service was excellent, but the food was the saltiest we have ever eaten!

Great bed and customer service from all employees.

• Deluxe King Suite with River View

They could put a few more channels on the tv and the quality of food in room service, though not bad, can be improved.

A nice river view. I liked my room decor, the wall photographs. There's a complimentary wifi and it's pretty workable.

• One-Bedroom Suite King Non-Smoking

There was a big trash can outside our door for the two nights we were there, with trash in it. Also, at check out they charged my credit card three times for the amount. So $420 was charged to my card three times. I had to call the hotel several times when I returned home for them to fix the problem and refund my card. Also, after cleaning our room they did not replenish the towels or the coffee.

The room was very nice and spacious.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

The furniture was old and looked worn out there were water stains on the ceiling There was not a couch in the suite just two odd chairs The bathroom looked old and dingy For the price of the room it did not match in quality

The room size was nice and it was a corner room

• King Suite Accessible Tub Non-Smoking

The location and paying for parking is not told before hand and it’s $25 a day. The room is already $175 a night. And too many elevators to get to your room.

The room was clean and beautiful!

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My phone never worked properly and a light bulb over the kitchenette went out. I was told they were going to be fixed right away. No-one ever came..... I also found the room very dark. Lots of lamps all along one wall, but nothing overhead or elsewhere.

I found the rooms very comfortable and spacious

• One-Bedroom Suite King Non-Smoking

Special kudos to Erica. She was on the switchboard when I arrived very late on Thursday night/Friday morning, March 29/March 30 (2:30 AM) in a driving rainstorm. It was my first trip to Columbus and the rental car company directed me to downtown Columbus but had no idea where the hotel was. Erica spent 10 minutes on the phone talking me into the hotel parking lost and then greeted me at the front desk with warm cookies, bottled water and a room key.

• King Suite Accessible Tub Non-Smoking

Anyone can enter the hotel from the street or parking garage. No secure elevator to floors. No secure entry! A women screamed at 2am in the middle of the night for help. Windows need cleaned. Cracked Tile in bathroom. Wallpaper lose in areas. Not a good value for the money.

Bed was comfortable

• One-Bedroom Suite King Non-Smoking

Gentleman present at check in counter when we arrived at facility at approximately 3 pm was rude and unaccommodating!!! I booked this room several weeks in advance and called the facility a couple weeks ago and told the girl I talked to that we were coming from out of town and had dinner reservations at 4 followed by concert at 7. I was told we could check in, leave our bags if a room was not ready, and return when our evening was over. The gentleman at the counter acted like I was crazy and said I had till 3 am to come back after concert and check in. I was upset at that moment but needed to move forward to my dinner destination. When we returned at 11:30 we checked in and went to the room and what a disaster!!! To top it all off there were no other rooms available!!! On a positive note though Andy, the gentleman who actually checked us in, bent over backwards, called several other facilities and found lodging at a competitor and paid for our stay!!! He deserves a medal!!!

Checked into a room after our evening outing at approximately 11:30 pm to find giant shop vac, cart full of cleaning items, bed unchanged, total disarray for the room and I only made that observation at the door!!!! Absolutely horrified!!!! Had we been able to check in earlier as I was told two weeks prior we could, this situation may have been avoided!!!

• King Suite Accessible Tub Non-Smoking

The bathroom was the only bad part of our room, the vanity sink was cracked, and the pop up drain didn't work, the way the shower was set up the water ran to the corner of the room and sat there. I asked for more towels and never got them until I went to the front desk and got one myself.

The living area and the bed was amazing!!! The staff was friendly and helpful.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were unable to use heating/cooling system in the room because it was not working. Extremely hot in the room. Had to call maintenance to unlock safe so we could use it.

Price was fair.

• Deluxe King Suite with River View

The elevator logistics are horrible. There is a pair of super slow elevators to get from the lobby to street level (or the lobby to the parking garage). There is another pair of super slow elevators to get from the lobby to the guest rooms. Both pairs are old, creaky, and almost always had a line.

Staff are courteous and helpful. Nice folks.

• One-Bedroom Suite King Non-Smoking

The bathroom shower curtain and bathroom smelled like mildew...very awful...shower curtains need to be washed and bleachrd very often to prevent mildew.

The bed

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking..... and paying for parking at $25 a day should be disclosed BEFORE you book and stay. Parking spaces are extremely small. We had some issues with people partying and being extremely loud in the room beside ours. We called the front desk and we’re told “they would call and talk to them”. This went on for for another hour before the partiers went out for the night.

Our room was great, we loved the size and everything about it!! Hotel was beautifull. Elevators worked, all was good!!

• Deluxe King Suite with River View

I ordered dinner from room service for me and my wife it came up to almost $90 but it was well worth it the food was delicious. Also the room was nice and cozy the bed was the most comfortable ever!

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping took our tip but didn’t service our room at all.

Our suite was very nice and clean. It was easy to find in the city and the staff was very kind and accommodating.

• Deluxe King Suite with River View

I was told overnight parking for the night was 25.00 and when we left the ticket both charged us 5.00 more

Bed was awesome! View was great! Room was over my expectation with the extra living space!

• Deluxe King Suite with River View

Parking spaces were very tight and most people double parked. shower curtain liner was moldy. not very many amenities come with the price of the room.

hotel was easy get to from the highway. there was a very nice riverview from our room. good view of the new years eve fireworks at CoSci.

• One-Bedroom Suite King Non-Smoking

There was no food and room service is really excessive. The price of parking was a bit over priced. There was no pool.

The area the hotel wad in made travel easy. Everything is close.

• King Suite with City View

That check out supposed to be at 12 and they were cleaning up my room at 11 and I had left personal belongings in my room and they were in there without my knowledge and I didn’t feel right after that I’m not for sure what was taking but that’s not the principal no one should of been there before 12 cleaning up PERIOD!!!!! I called and complained but it wasn’t taken seriously to me at all.....

• Deluxe King Suite with River View

The room was very dated as well as the rest of the hotel. The bathroom was very small but functional.

The room was a great size. I loved looking out after The Ohio State Buckeyes beat Penn State and seeing COSI lit up with the O.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The service. Took a day and a half to get towels and then the staff got an attitude when something was said. Only one elevator worked and made it impossible to get around. It was the worst hotel stay I’ve had.

Room was nice

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room temperature said it was at 60* and it never cooled down to below 74*.. at least. It was uncomfortable to sleep in the room that warm. There was also broken pieces off of the shower, just laying in the shower..

• One-Bedroom Suite King Non-Smoking

The room smelled like a smoker had stayed there. We only had a half a roll of toilet paper in room when we checked in & had to call to get more. Only one elevator worked, so we had to wait quite awhile. Also, my husband told me this hotel gives you warm cookies. I never saw any warm cookies. I did see welcome bags behind the check in counter, but we never got one. Also, I feel like we paid enough for the room that we shouldn't have to pay $25 to park overnight.

The room was pretty nice, but smelled like it used to be a smoking room. The bed was comfortable.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was on Upper floor with potentially great view but window exteriors were quite spotted & unclean, not able to truly appreciate the view. Not necessarily bad however would have raised the overall rating for sure!

• Suite with Two Double Beds

So we arrived at 2 pm & it took until 7 pm to get us into our room. Staff comped out parking fee but it was inconvienent Also the staff had a problem locating our reservation

The staff was cooprative Room was clean but tempature was hard to regulate

• One-Bedroom Suite King Non-Smoking

The water took a long time to get hot.

The room and hotel was nicer than I thought it would be. It was in a good location where I could easily walk to places or drive to.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The mini fridge was not cleaned out had a leftover sandwich that smelled very bad when we opened the door. The fan in the bathroom didn't work causing the room to steam up and the towel rack fell off by the shower when we hung a single towel up! We alerted the staff and they said maintenance would have a look but it was never fixed. We were not the only ones with issues as another guest was telling the manager he has been a Hilton rewards member for 25 years and never been treated so poorly by staff. Not impressed won't book with them again.

The hotel was close to the venue where we needed to be.

• One-Bedroom Suite King Non-Smoking

Room did not appear to have been fully cleaned. There were stains all over the carpet, a dirty washcloth hanging over the shower rod, and a dirty towel on the floor under the sink. The a/c was not functioning properly. The room was extremely humid. The coffee station was not replenished. The hallways were dim, damp, and smelly. It was one of the worst experiences I've ever had at a hotel!

Large bedroom with separate large sitting room. The front desk employees were professional and friendly. When we complained about the problems with our room, we were accommodated with another, cleaner room and free breakfast.

• King Suite with Separate Living Area/Non-Smoking

Needed to notify desk for clean & extra towels. Didn't like that there was not complimentary breakfast :( and the charge for parking was ridiculous just to keep my vehicle there. Thirty-One provided shuttles for all of us and I really don't think we should be charged for the parking.

Liked everything about the room.

• King Suite with City View

My only complaint is that the hotel didn't have free parking for guests. The garages to either side of it were $13 a day and $25 a day.

Spacious rooms with great views and comfortable beds. The staff were friendly and the room service food was very good.

• One-Bedroom Suite King Non-Smoking

Our first room the bathroom was not up to par at all. The tub spout was not connected and someone else used wash cloth was left on the tub deck.... Switched rooms and all was better

Room service was excellent "Kim" was awesome! Food delicious! Corned beef sandwich was thick cuts and tender. Salad with baby greens was fresh!

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This location will give u whatever room they want at check out.. the manger lied to my face and said i didn't book a double room that it was booking.com error... they had to give me a free night.

The location is great!

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Blood on pillow cases, and sheets. The room was put together like it was cleaned, but it wasn't! The ice bucket had mold in it, there was hair and urin stains on the sheets (besides for the blood spots), the toilet paper holder was falling off the wall, and the bathroom door would not lock! Don't plan on using the pull out bed, the matteres was so worn and thin it hurt to sleep on it, there was no extra sheets for the pullout couch, the blanket and pillow was just thrown in a bag after it was used by the last occupants. Called management and had very, very, very poor response to our issues, not only did they not reply in a timely manner but they had an attitude towards us, instead of stripping down the beds and changing the sheets they came to our room and threw the sheets and pillows in the room and left.

• King Suite with Separate Living Area/Non-Smoking

The staff were so friendly and helpful. We got to the hotel at 12 pm and check-in isn't til 2pm. So they took our phone number and texted us an hour later when our room was ready and we really appreciated that. The room was very spacious and the bed was comfortable but most importantly the location was perfect, very central, and close to the bus stop.

• King Suite Accessible Tub Non-Smoking

The air conditioning was not working well in my room or at all in hallway. Hallway smelled very stale and moldy (like I was in a water park ). Only one 1/4 roll of toilet paper in my room with no replacement roll and light bulbs burned out upon arrival. Room was very dark. Overcharged initially but I caught it. Staff was very rude and did not clean my friends room who was staying there. Also never filled water up in hallway once set out in morning.

Bed was very comfortable. Parking very easy

• One-Bedroom Suite King Non-Smoking

A/c in room wasn't cooling, housekeeping didn't get to our room to clean til 530pm and by then we were back in room taking showers and getting ready to go to dinner etc... So we just got clean towels and coffee. Hallways were dark and musty.

Hotel room was beautiful great view, staff was nice

• King Suite with Separate Living Area/Non-Smoking

Getting to the lobby was difficult because you had to enter a parking garage in an alley and take elevators. Also poor signage about entering through the parking garage.

• King Suite with Separate Living Area/Non-Smoking

Air conditioning did not work well, room was way to warm, deadbolt did not work and had to be repaired, phone was unplugged and when plugged would not keep cord in, only one elevator was working and so it took a very long time due to the number of floors, wallpaper in very poor condition, overall atmosphere was dark and poor condition, definitely needs upgrade.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite King Non-Smoking

Hotel is a little rough around the edges. Room was stifling hot, and could not adjust temperature. My room phone did not work, so I could not contact the front desk. Elevators worked sporadically, no shampoo in the room, nobody offered to help with luggage at all. Cosmetic blemishes throughout. Not what I would expect from a Hilton property. Could be a first rate hotel, but really needs to clean up its act.

Very nice suite. Roomy and comfortable. Restaurant was surprisingly good and staff was friendly and attentive.

• Deluxe King Suite with River View

AC wasn't working. Called three times to get it fixed and everyone they said it was fixed but wasn't. Housekeeping didn't make our bed or leave clean towels on our 3rd night

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The maid left a broken glass on the counter and when a note was placed under the class for replacement, we did not get any glasses and upon return to the room for the day had to call the desk to get some glasses. One day left no coffee for the room had to call again. Apparently they don't inspect the room there was a hole in the wall in the bathroom the towel hook was broke and the drain in the tub was backed up and drained so slow that the tub filled with water during the shower. Stayed here last year was quite impressed and is why we chose to stay here again. This time a little disappointing and did not feel it was as nice as last year leaving us a bit disappointed.

The restaurant was a great place for breakfast, but the service was too slow, matter of fact our waitress never came by to even check to see if we needed anything had to ask another waitress working a different table for help. But the food was good and the cook was very good and made you feel welcome.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

After standing in line for 30 minutes to check in we were told our room wasn't ready. At 4:40 we were told it would be another 15-20 minutes. It was another hour before we got a room key. Although check in time was 4:00pm, we could not get into a room until 5:35pm. Our room was still dirty when we checked into it. The room hadn't been released by the housekeeping supervisor. As a result, she swiped her key and walked right into the room to check quality control, not realizing it was already been occupied. She did, however, address our issues the best she could.

Big room; they compensated for our trouble with check in and dirty room. The housekeeping supervisor was very apologetic and seemed to be the only one who was genuinely sorry for all of the trouble we encountered.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Awful customer service. Asked for maintenance (face-to-face, at the front desk) around 6:15 pm... Never showed. After several calls, and after calling hilton proper, a front desk staff member came to the room. Indicated the problem was more complex and that a maintenance person would come up... I'm still waiting for that maintenance person. Around 9 pm I finally locked the door. Hilton proper guest services was equally as "well you do what you want"... Couldn't care less. Sad thing... I tried to book direct, but the Hilton website indicated that the hotel was full, but booking.com was able to get me a room. I expect more from Hilton. Too bad the "let us know if something is wrong and we'll make it right" policy doesn't seem to apply to this hotel.

• One-Bedroom Suite King Non-Smoking

The mattress on the king bed made me float into the middle all through the night, I had to sleep on the edge of the bed to sleep, tooooooo soft for sure. The bathroom was not clean. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room, but nothing to use for the microwave, like napkins or plates. We could make ONE cup of coffee for TWO people! DONT waste your money on the breakfast bar, go to McD's instead!

• One-Bedroom Suite King Non-Smoking

Signage for parking was very confusing. Arrival was complicated and not easy

Wonderful staff. Everyone went beyond expectations to be nice and efficient

• One-Bedroom Suite King Non-Smoking

There was a noise of a bang on a pipe then a sound of a motor running for about 10 seconds. It would make that sound about every 5 minutes. We had to be moved to another room because we couldn't sleep. The second room had the noise of the motor running but not the banging pipe. My noise maker drowned out the sound of the motor.

Comfy beds, great Location, friendly and helpful staff, spacious room with fridge and microwave. Except for the noise from the pipes the room was quite.

• Deluxe King Suite with River View

The fact I got the wrong room and I paid for a deluxe king suite with a fiver view and got nothing !

They gave us the wrong room and said there wa nothing they could do for satisfaction. I requested a full refund and they advised it'd be one day which has now been three days ago.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• King Suite Accessible Tub Non-Smoking

The lighting in the bath / dressing area could be improved. The ventilation in the bath could also be improved. These in no way diminished the overall experience and comfort of our stay.

Loved the size and style of the room. The bed was so comfortable we wanted to stay in bed all day.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Suite with Two Double Beds

The staff was amazing from the moment we arrived. They got us checked in early and gave my daughter free soda because she was having a diabetic blood sugar issue. They also gave us great advice on how to get around town and places to go - we had a wonderful trip!

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had someone knock on the door every half hour the morning of check out to see if we'd left yet. This is my fault for Not putting up the do not disturb sign the first time it happened, but I wasn't expecting them to keep coming back. It felt like they were trying to push us out the door as soon as possible.

Staff were very friendly and the cookies were a nice touch

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The WiFi kept cutting in and out. Nothing life threatening, just a pain. The parking was convenient but costly.

The staff was awesome and so accommodating, Especially Adam at the front desk. Made our stay there great. Room was clean, neat and beautiful. Location was great. Food was real good.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• King Suite with Separate Living Area/Non-Smoking

Location and staff were amazing!!!! We would stay here again in a heartbeat. Rooms were very comfortable, clean, and spacious. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I wanted to surprise my wife with breakfast in bed for her birthday during our stay, the staff helped me to order room service to surprise her since I have never had room service before. Definitely a great place to stay!!!!

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• King Suite Accessible Tub Non-Smoking

The bed and bedding were very comfortable, the room was laid out nicely and very clean. We'll arrange travel to future Psu games around your hotels. My son is on the team.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No stopper in the bathtub to take a bath. Shower was the only option and the water drained very slowly so I was standing in water about ankle deep during my shower. Also, the bath towel I used to dry off was very sparse in some areas. Not the quality I would have expected from a double tree hotel.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no pool which made my kids very disappointed. There was no vending machine on any floor & the ice machine on 2 different floors didn't work.

We loved the size of the room for the price we paid.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My room card seemed to be deactivated before checkout time. I had to go to the reception desk twice about it, then a staff member finally came up with me and used her master card to let me back into my room.

The room was nice and spacious. I liked the restaurant on site. It was close to my event.

• King Suite with Separate Living Area/Non-Smoking

Only had 1 towel and wash cloth in room when we checked in.

Bed was so amazing soft ! Very helpful staff. We had no problem getting a little later check out time . I requested more towels and had it in under 10 mins.

• King Suite Accessible Tub Non-Smoking

I am currently injured with a torn ACL among other things and am currently on crutches. I called ahead more than once to make sure I could get to the convention center easily. I was told over the phone that the C bus stop was just outside the hotel and it was free. Seemed easy enough. I explained to your staff that I was on crutches and I need to save as many steps as I could. When I arrived that morning I asked at the desk, and was told again the bus stop is just outside the hotel. Since I had to take the elevator to go ask questions in the lobby, I was patient and waited for a long time. No bus. So I gimped back up to the desk, asked again, and was told again, just outside the hotel, every ten minutes just to go out and wait, so I did . No bus. I asked several people who were passing by and they pointed to an area a block away where the bus stop actually was and I would have to weave in and out of construction to get there. By this time I was in tears and in pain. I had crutched all over to find that I wasn't even on the correct block to take the bus to the convention center. I just took a cab. Finding my way back to the hotel was just as frustrating and the next morning I crutched all over, determined to ride the bus that was "just outside the hotel." I had to go several blocks and turn several corners to get to the correct bus, then it wasn't free at all. Not being from Columbus, I did not know there was a C bus and COTA bus, one free, one not free. I did not have enough ones to pay my fair, it was windy and raining. I was pretty upset by the time I reached my conference. This could have easily been avoided if someone would have explained to me the details of the bus route, when I made several attempts to obtain that information. When healthy, the walking all over for the correct bus would have been annoying but doable.

After a very long day the bed was super cozy and a little piece of heaven.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The Bathrooms especially need work. The Fixtures were falling apart. Our Bathroom sink and tub would not drain. It took them till the following morning to get it partially fixed

Location in Downtown Columbus is nice

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• King Suite Accessible Tub Non-Smoking

The Staff was great, the bed was amazing. The view of my room was awesome. My room overlooked the River. It was a little far from the convention center, but it is still walkable.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Deluxe King Suite with River View

We booked a room with the river view, to be given the room overlooking another building. When we complained, we were told that the hotel doesn't guarantee the room type for bookings made through third party websites such as booking.com - although we paid more for this room type and there was no such disclaimer at the booking.com when we were making our reservation. We insisted on our booked room type and after a long unpleasant exchange with a very rude front desk manager we got an upgrade to a two-level room. The room was huge and the view was great but 1) it had mold on the ceiling (not just water damage but actual MOLD) which smelled awful and is definitely a health hazard and 2) the thermostat was broken and it was impossible to increase the temperature from 69F, so we were freezing the entire time (we were only staying for 2 nights and had a very busy schedule, so we didn't feel like wasting time with maintenance late in the night). Before checking out I noticed an additional charge on my card - when I asked the receptionist about it I was informed that it was a charge from the hotel restaurant - that we never even set foot in! They removed it from my bill and offered some HH points for all the inconveniences we had but those were never posted to my account either. To sum up, this place is unsafe to stay in due to their water/mold issues and so badly organized and managed that I would strongly recommend getting a room elsewhere.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

pillows small not comfortable, towels on the hard and scratchy side, you have to pay to park that was not listed on the web site. the starbucks was disappointing.

clean, bed comfortable, good size room.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Check in was at 4pm. Our group arrived at 4:30 and rooms weren't ready. We asked how long it would take and the reply we got was "we are hoping for sooner rather than later." They also said that they would text us when they were ready and verified my phone number. Our group of 8 found a small waiting area to sit and wait for our rooms to be ready. We waited until 6:30 (still 2 1/2 hours after the designated check in time) and still no text. We went to the front desk and they stated that one room was ready and that they texted us...but there was no text. We went up to our ONE room that was ready to find that the toilet didn't flush so we called the front desk again. At 7 (3 hours after check in) I called down and our second room still wasn't ready and I could sense some attitude from the man who was working the desk. Then 15 minutes later we got a call saying that our second room was finally ready and that they would bring our room keys to the room we were already in. Oh and I might add that when I booked these 2 rooms, I requested they be next to each other. So we get to our other room and there is only 1 king bed... And I reserved 2 suites with 2 double beds in both. We call the front desk... Again. They said we would have to come down stairs and figure it out. So we head down and the men were now very rude and by this point I have had enough. The man stated that we booked one room with a king bed. I said no and pulled up my reservation which clearly stated "2 suites with 2 double beds". So then magically the right room became available and it was on another floor from the first room. So by 8pm we were finally in our rooms. I know stuff happens and businesses are short staff, but there is no reason to be rude about it. The hotel wouldn't give money back or give any type of discount. I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN.

The property itself is very nice and kept well.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No eating utensils just a microwave. Doona could be replaced with cotton blanket in the summer months perhaps.

Omelets being freshly made on demand and waffle maker.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

• King Suite Accessible Tub Non-Smoking

All public restrooms ex: restaurants, cvs, museums, in this area are off limits as the police will not allow them to be used due to high crime. Insane ! I had to race back to hotel to use a bathroom. Never going back to Columbus for this very reason.

Beds were amazing

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• King Suite Accessible Tub Non-Smoking

the handicapped accessible shower drain did not handle the water very well, puddling water all over the bathroom floor. that is probably why there were also water stains on the ceiling above the bathroom sink and some paint peeling at the edge of the bathroom ceiling behind the door. the view was not good, looking out on a rooftop surrounded by taller buildings. $22 parking fee is excessive for guests who are already paying for a room. there is no street parking except for 2 small short-term spots in front of the building for check-in. the hotel signage is quite small making it hard to find on a busy street.

the king suite was large and comfortable. this room was actually a handicapped accessible room located beside the elevator.

Browse DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Columbus traveller photo gallery