Reviews of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Houston by the Galleria 4 stars

5353 Westheimer Road, Houston, TX 77056-5474, USA

#224 of 389 hotels in Houston

5.1

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

The staff was extremely rude and all acted as if helping you was a nuisance. Check in and out was more of a hassle than it should be. Check out is at 11 but house keeping went around knocking on doors at 8:30 AM waking people up to ask when they were leaving. They don't tell you parking cost $25/$32 for valet per day! The price is lower than most in the area but the parking expenses make up the difference where most others have free parking. I have never dealt with such hateful, smart mouthed people at a hotel in my life.

The room was luxurious, the view was amazing and the beds were very comfortable.

• King Suite - Mobility Accessible with Bath Tub

Parking I did not know a pipe was hanging low while backing in too 246 spot I hit a pipe hanging and damaged my suv called and was told its my fault for not looking were I go very upsetting to me to be told that when I have two mirrors and a back up camera not a cealing camera my damage is $640.00 not happy at all Hotel referd me to parking garage manager said its my fault they are not responsible for self parking

Great place

• Queen Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

It felt like people was looking at me like I wasn't supposed to be there every time I walked in felt unsafe with security guard just look without saying hello.

Flat batteries in remote meant i couldnt access TV information systems. Room wasnt serviced daily. No restaurant. No attention at reception. Once checked in had no interaction with staff at all

see above

much of NOTHING!! We were highly disappointed that no one had told us oprior the pool was closed. I arrived after a long drive and asked for water while waiting in a very long line to check in and was told water didn't come with my room!! at 260.00 , how much do you pay to get water?? The icon on the internet showed a table and chairs as the balcony symbol. Yet the balcony was so small and so scary we could not even enjoy it at 21 stories up. I had asked for a low floor and called ahead and was told that would be a problem, yet it was !! I was so disappointed! I probably would not stay there again

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

Not a SINGLE person greeted me. Cultural SHOCK. No good morning,no smile, no beinvenido, no Buenos Dias, young man working in the morning was very ABRUPT,REFUSED to give me pass word for wi-fi even though I am Hilton Honors member. Finally supervisor connected me to the internet on my phone but refused to connect my tablet.( what. ???.) It costs Hilton money.? No one told me where the elevators were.? No one helped me with the luggage. No one opened the entrance door. I always stayed at the Hilton. I thought I was staying at one. My mistake. In my country Colombia at EVERY PERSON greets you with a BIG SMILE and says Buenos Dias in the morning.

Location, Cleanliness, Modern

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

Decor is a little tired. Bathroom a bit dated.

Needed to change room at 11:30pm due to lift noise, staff onto it immediately and moved me within minutes, super service. TV in the room was amazing quality. Beds very comfortable.

• King Suite - Mobility Accessible with Bath Tub

The facility is outdated. Extremely poor lighting especially in bathroom. A separate well lighted space for the application of makeup should be provided. Also, upon check in we found it extremely difficult to understand the man who was checking us in. He also had a difficult time understanding. Also, the $37 charge for parking my vehicle on the street was a bit excessive. The overall comfort of the suite left a great deal to be desired.

Location of facility and service of staff.

There was a ton of distractions when we asked for a late checkout, they didn't pick up the breakfast card after it was placed outside of the door, well before the cut off time. The bathrooms can use an upgrade.

It was a good spot, the view from the 26th floor is nice on the north side of the building facing Westheimer. The breakfast was spot on.

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

In the evening the hotel seemed to be swarmed with alot of very sketchy activity! The staff at that time was very into visiting with each other instead of guests... and We were uncomfortable of our safety because a lot of questionable people and activity going on ! Not professional atmosphere at all! Also the bed was hard and the blow dryer was horrible ! No microwave☹️. We also were not able to use pool at all it was closed the entire time!! Very disappointed !! Thst is one big reason we stayed 2 nights to relax at the pool☹️

The decor was very up to date. The breakfast was very good and the staff there very professional and accommodating !! Being greeted wit a warm cookie was great!!

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

It took almost an hour to check in. Our friend who stayed there too couldn’t check in before our event so had to crash in our room to get dressed. It was already 5pm and there was a long line wrapped around the lobby on both sides, the Hilton honors and regular. The elevators were slow - just seemed like there were way too many people and not enough staff capacity so it was unpleasant and made the stay a bit stressful.

It’s a great location and rooms were nice and clean. The front desk clerks and valet guys were professional and helpful.

Booking price was $209 (plus tax), which is acceptable for that part of town. When I checked in, I was told the bill would be $294, which included $50 for “incidentals.” I was also told that the $50 would be refunded minus the parking fee of $25 plus tax (tax on parking??). I ended up paying $244 and was not charged for parking, which is what I thought I agreed to upon booking, but I went to bed frustrated and anticipating more fees than I expected. Not sure what the “incidentals” could have included since there was neither a refrigerator nor snacks in the room.

Clean comfortable room

• King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

We asked for a rollaway bed and it wasnt there so they moved us to a room with queen beds. We really needed a king. Rollaway bed was in face a baby crib and too small for our toddler. Room was only serviced once in our 3 day stay and we had to ask for it to be cleaned.

Staff tried hard to make things right but they just missed the mark.

My only issue was the inability of my Samsung/Android phone to connect to the Hotel WiFi. ( My laptop could however connect OK) Perhaps something to check regarding the WiFi security protocols since my business partner had the same issue.

Excellent location for my business visit. Very efficient check-in/check-out with sincerely friendly staff. Breakfast very good value for money and again the restaurant staff were exceptional.

Arrived at check-in time, but had to wait about 40 minutes for room to be cleaned. 16th floor and it took a very long time to get hot water for a shower, but the tub drained very slowly, so the tub was mostly full during the shower. We went without breakfast. $19.95 per person was excessive. No lobby coffee. We were expecting a suite.

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

That there were extra fees for parking and taxes not mentioned when booking nor when you check in.

Was walking distance to the Galleria Mall and restaurants.

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

Parking was terrible. It would be nice if there was a location were guest can park before checking in. The way it is set up there is always a wait for the attendant to help people coming in but it still takes too long. On top of that, parking is not free like other locations. At the time of my stay, the elevators didn't work, so that made the time between parking and getting to my room even longer.

The view from the balcony was amazing at night and in the early morning. Loved standing there and looking out at the lights and the busy city. Rooms were clean and quiet. The bathroom was beyond what I expected.

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

For 3 days, there was never one person showing up to clean room and/or restock any supplies. On my second day, I did ask for someone to service the room, but it still did not happen. Without any supplies being restocked, I purchased a $4 cup of coffee in lobby. Another issue is there seemed to be 1 Elevator out of 4 operating most of the time.

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

The lobby was VERY HOT and the check ins weren’t going as fast as they could have

Beds were com, and room size was amazing for the price, and the balcony with view was outstanding ! It was nice for the prices I paid.

No water in room!!! At volume 10 cents a bottle come on!!!! And I am a Hilton honors member so I called attendant said my reservation did not come with water Also was not put on honors floors!!!! I would suggest replace or retrain management Valet parking 32.00 per day Regular parking 25.00 per day

The hidden fees. The charge for parking to park my vehicle myself at the hotel i paid to stay at especially at that rate is outrageous. To top it off i wasn't even told i was being charged and wouldn't have known if i didn't see my bank statement. I've stayed at plenty hotels way cheaper and just as nice and didn't get charged to park in there parking lot and they provided 2 waters and cookies. So why the huge cost just to be nickled and dimed even more. Definetly doubt I'll ever return.

It was beautiful. Room was spacious.

The staff was friendly and accommodated me because my booking.com reservation did not go through, they gave me the same price as promised on booking.com but and I wasn’t inconvenienced with the reservation not being in their system.

The staff is attentive in general except for the receptionist Pinky who is NOT customer oriented at all.

The room is spacious, the level of cleanliness is satisfactory.

• King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Had to switch rooms and floors, because my room had bed bugs. The walls and doors, Windows were filthy.

It was a nice size. Would have perfect if it was clean. It's horribly filthy

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

Parking was horrible. We paid to park in the garage. But was instructed by the valet to park at the shopping center next door risking your car getting towed. Because the garage was full there was a Christmas party at the hotel and they accommodated the guest who attended the party. While the hotel guest parked next door. I was very disappointed I stay st this hotel a lot and I've never experienced this before. I hope it's better for my next visit in March

Property was beautiful! Wonderful view from our balcony.

• Queen Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that you have to pay $25/night to park at the hotel. That should be free if your a guest at the hotel.

The size of the room was great and I loved that you needed to show your room key (proof that you're a guest) to hotel security in order to go upstairs to the rooms.

Heating was old and was either too cold or too hot. Several of tv channels did not work after second day. Water pressure was lousy on the 23rd floor. Not enough staff at front desk.

• Queen Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Parking was awful . Room not ready until 45 minutes after arriving , front desk staff was very rude and did not want to answer questions, room was very dirty and we had to clean it even after waiting, being handicap they valet parked cars which was not handicap in the spots naked for us. We had to park across the street and walk a block to the hotel ,

Valet staff was friendly and the warm cookies when you arrive

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

I did not receive all the accommodation I asked for on booking.com the staff that I called to talk too was rude and told me that I was not supposed to get an upgrade when I payed for one on booking. com. the Hotel ask tried to charge me more than the fixed rate on booking. Com

The bed was comfortable, good view, nice showers

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

I would have liked Westheimer balcony view, but otherwise room was beautiful and clean.

We decided to have a Staycation for our 20 year anniversary and I accidentially booked the wrong date through booking.com. DoubleTree graciously changed the date with no charge and WE LOVED OUR ACCOMODATIONS AND THE STAFF!

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

The WiFi is $10 unless you are a Hilton’s honor member. The hotel does not advertise this ability, and how easy one can apply to become a Hilton honors member.

Unless you are a Hilton honors member (which the staff did not alert me until check out) the WiFi is $10. Most ridiculous charge.

The 2 1/2 hour wait for the room after we checked in. We where told that it would be 30 minutes to an hour wait for the room to be ready. The low clearance in the parking garage. The bed was hard. Lost hot water when taking a shower. The mini fridge didn't cool. There was a dirty plate with breakfast items on it in the floor of the elevator. There was no sort of compensation offered for any any of the problems after it was already a compensated room from a previous horrible stay at another hotel under the Hilton name.

The bartender was nice. There was a corner store across the street.

• King Room with Balcony - Little Extras Upgrade

Cleaning sheets and room would have been nice. Nobody came to our room when we stayed 2 nights. Also, for a hotel this size it only had 2 luggage carts. I had to make to trips to my room to get everything up there. No luggage cart available. Leaving I had someone come to the room and help out.

Room was clean and modern and I like where we were located.

Customer service was terrible. Didnt clean our room friday night. Night supervisor was rude and offered us sheets to makr our own bed. Morning supervisor who offered to accomdoate the unpleseant experience offered us 20.00 off! What is that going to do. Cookies are burnt and they don not offer them upon arrival. Dont book here. Go somewhere else.

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

I hated the parking and most of the time I found myself parking across the road and the fact that there were people in the elevator with marijuana flashing it around. I know it’s not the hotels fault but still not to my liking.

I loved the view my room had and the fact that the bed was so soft not to mention the blanket amazing!! The house keeping lady was so nice!! Great room!

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

The room provided was at low floor and not at the good view side of the hotel as requested. I asked for a change for 20 bucks to tip the bellboy and they did not provide

• King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Everything, there was a lot of extra fees that were not quoted in the original price. Breakfast was not included but it said that on your website (booking.com) . Parking was quoted as 25 for duration of stay turns out it’s per night. I got extra charges for watching 1 sports channel? One!?!?

Nothing. The cookie was the best part.

No free parking lot, and free wifi need to registered to become their member.

Employees were very nice and friendly. Definitely would like to booked it again.

• King Suite - Mobility Accessible with Bath Tub

I pay $ 260 for suit .. no internet no parking for the car no breakfast Any other hotel gives all these complementary with this price (4 stars)

Good location Clean Confortable

For a tourist this was not the best location if you have not hired a car. Getting to the hotel frrom Bush was not easy ( or cheap) I would not use this hotel again if i did not hire a car. we had to ask several times for things to happen...but to be fair everything was sorted

The pool is really very good

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

Pool a bit on the small side and when I saw the pictures on line the front entrance looked big but instead wE a lot smaller then it looked on line.

Right next to the shopping mall the galleria and the staff were lovely,couldn't have more helpful cause considering I was a solo traveller and the fact that I had laryngitis,so they made more of phone call

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

I didn't like that they didn't have free breakfast and the amenities that came with the room like sugar and cream. We found a cream was spoiled and we left it in the room. We just hope they fix that but other than that our stay was great.

I loved the balcony. Very nice view of the galleria.

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

I requested a room on a high floor and received the 4th floor of 25. Also I stayed three days and my room was never cleaned. I had to sit my garbage and towels in the hallway and wait to maybe see a maid or jus take the towels off the unattended cart in the hallway. My balcony was faced by another room. How private and inconvenient. This was a staycation for my birthday and it sucked

The coffee was great. That is all

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

During hurricane harvey went experienced a freeze on physical credit card. I had to use the numbers of my parents credit card. Was denied access in this unique and challengeing situation. Forced to leave. No special help from staff at this location. Shame putting someone out in a trying situation.

Never allowed in..

Considering the circumstances, the hotel went above to make sure I was comfortable.

The hotel was excellent! Staff was awesome! I got stranded during Hurricane Harvey! Horrible experience! The hotel was very accommodating.

Bar staff was unaccomidating with a wine glass request seem like everything was a problem. No hot water in bathroom sink and shower didn't work properly.

The receptionist at the front desk was very nice, not accommodating with room request.

The beds were hard and not comfy. Our cable did not work. Ask to be fixed and never was fixed. Elevators didnt seem to be working well. $20 for breakfast and $25 for parking was crazy!

I liked the pillows,blankets, the view and the staff. Loved the cookies.

Customer service was very poor at the desk if I could have canceled with out a cancellation fee, I would have. They didn't greet or smile, you would think they're not happy with there job

The property was really nice

The front desk lady, Pinky was the worst. When we were checking out, she did not acknowledge the price we booked online, but tried to charge us double for our stay. Then she said that tax was not included, and took out a calculator and tried to do the math herself. It seemed like they tried to scam us or something because nothing was done on the computer, or they had any record of us booking through the website. I had to call booking.com's customer service for her to stop arguing with us about the price. After all that, she did not even apologize, and said she would just email us a receipt. When I got it I noticed she charged us an additional 30 dollars for nothing! I made booking.com call them to clarify, and they said it was a "mistake" even though they sent us 3 receipts already. Besides the bad attitude, the bathrooms were not thoroughly cleaned, and the breakfast was not worth the money.

We were promised "free shuttle" service, a fact listed on the amenities list and confirmed with the hotel via telephone a week prior to arrival, but was received at the airport with no reservation and no shuttle. It took Booking.com about an hour to get the hotel to admit to the reservation but then claimed that no shuttle was available as it was now too late. Booking.com promised reimbursement but has since partially reneged. At checkout, We were informed that there is NO free shuttle to the airport. Total cost for the fraud was about $137 with booking.com now reneging on its prior agreement. The hotel room was unclean, the hair dryer did not work, the coffee machine was marginally functional and the coffee packet came preopened for our convenience. It would seem that they give higher preference to meat market parties at the bar in the lobby than they do to the hotelier business. We've used booking.com on previous occasions, but our relationship is definitely over. As for Hilton hotels, they are about as reputable as Paris. To buy your cookies and your tarts elsewhere is our best advice. If you do reserve here, do so with a monosyllabic name Which even their illiterate staff can't mess up, like Dick, Jane or Spot.

The cookies and the TV (excepting the absence of the guide for half of our stay)

No hot water. Even the engineering Dept. said they had a lot of complaints. You had to run the water for five minutes to get it Luke warm. Then run it two more minutes to get it hot. The kitchen faucet lever was reversed so moving it to the hot position produced cold and vice-versa. The Air-conditioning was so loud I could not sleep. Engineering said its the same all over the hotel. That was a lie because when they moved us, the air conditioning was perfect. I found out later that they closed that room we were in for maintenance of the air conditioning! First they upgraded us to a balcony That was nice. But the air conditioning was bad, so they moved us to another room with a balcony. But that balcony was closed off for repairs. We asked for a functioning balcony and they complained that they already changed our room and if we wanted a functional balcony, we would have to pay $30.00 more per night! Or downgrade us to our original standard room while we wait for them to see if one was available after they check out a few rooms with good air conditioners! I finally complained to another manager "Robert" and he agreed that once one is upgraded, the hotel shouldn't change their mind and downgrade or charge $30 per night after the upgraded room turned out to be dysfunctional. But this was stated after we settled in. We didn't want to move again. I do not recommend this hotel. You should take it off your list. Also, the name on the reservation was reversed by booking.com by putting my first name last ( even with a comma). So when I checked in there was no reservation. The front desk had to call booking.com to get it right. Booking.com owes me an apology. Thank you. PS. Parking was 25.00 per night plus tax! The hotel's advertisement said $24.

I did not like anything.

There was broken shards of glass on the carpet. For two days there was no hot water. I woke twice at night because of a strong stench filling the room. Front desk is poorly staffed.

I am a Hilton Honors Club member but I don't get any honor's club points when I book through you but I chose to keep booking through you because of your rate...therefore I will continue to book through your company.

I checked in on my birthday and they gave me a upgrade to a suite and a 1p.m check out instead of 12noon & the front desk staff text me several times to ask if I was in need of anything for my comfort. The valet staff always had car ready quickly.

The $25 per night self parking fee,you can only have a certain limit on guest,they have to check in,no alcohol in your room/premises,restrooms have no ventilation so it gets hot while showering,a/c doesn't cool too well,no microwave or mini fridge in room you have to upgrade for those amenities & when you contact them about your stay if you have complaints about your stay they don't respond 🙄

Excellent coffee. At breakfast I requested some of those delicious cookies, Double Tree greets their customers upon arrival. Waiter courteriosly got us some. I enjoyed them with the delicious coffee.

Wish the bed was a little more comfortable, but I'm super picky about that kind of thing.

The people that worked there were very nice. The room was really huge and nice.

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

Everything didn't like the hotel one bit poor lighting except for downstairs couldn't even go outside our balcony so paid an extra $40 for nothing

Nothing was very disappointed in the hotel for the price I paid

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

The rooms look nothing like the pictures that are advertised. The hotel is really over priced for what you actually get. I think your just paying for location because it's so close to the galleria.

It's close to the galleria.

Many external strange people in the lobby. And security, so not feels like safe place. Parking is not free, but for some reason gentlemen on the desk tell me it's complementary, so I reparked to their garage. At check out find out 25$ per day parking charge 75 total, but they do charge me it twice. I was surprised about charge, but accepted and ask to remove double charge. She did, but in few hours they charge me additional 75$, so 150 total. Room was on low flour, so it was very noisy in the morning from cars

Bed

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

There wasn't an option to have a microwave or refrigerator in the room. I was told it was reserved for suites only. Parking was not complimentary. Upon entering, I found hair in the bathtub and requested a room change immediately. I usually prefer DoubleTree hotels, unfortunately this has been the worst one yet. I will not return to this location.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds - Little Extras Upgrade

- Room it's free bad nasty and cleanses - Bath room it's the drain it's plugged and always the water floating - Kitchen it's very very nasty It was bad experience over all

Only location near to Gallarey

I am hilton member honor, and I go very often to this hotel, but for the first time the people wasnt friendly, and because of the staff, and they didnt want to give my points and all the benefits of the mmembership I change my stay to another hotel

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

The staff were rude and horrible service. I waited 3 hours for my room. The house cleaning was horrible and the bed was uncomfortable. The sheets were extremely dirty, especially the duvet.

The location was excellent.

We could only get a to a plug on one side of the bed - difficult to charge two or more alarm devices overnight.

The courtesy shuttle that took us to and from the mall was a much appreciated bonus.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

halls, elevators and other public spaces could use a update. Aggravated at expensive parking charges (25 bucks each night Fitness center small, but did have the basics

Lobby and rooms wonderful,

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

I had the best room in the house which would have been the king suite and shower bathroom suck mold in shower tub Style cheaper room better shower I found out

Staff excellent room decent could have been more clean

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Our room did not have a mini bar, and provided no bottled water because hotel said I only paid for a queen room with two beds. Using Booking.Com eliminated those extras. Those amenities were available for a slightly higher price for the room.

Liked the bar area for late night snacks. Food was good. Attractive lobby area.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

The shuttle needs upgrading...noisy, uncomfortable, especially getting on & off. Too tall to have access to most entrances at Galleria for shopping & dining, access to Westin Oaks for conference. No access to restaurant except for breakfast onsite was disappointing as everyone doesn't enjoy sitting at or in the bar for lunch or dinner or paying for room service. The meals I did eat onsite were very good & well prepared.

The staff in all areas were awesome & provided exceptional service.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

bath spout came off and leaked down the wall and the first night I left an order for coffee the next morning (I put it on the door about 4 PM) and it was never picked up so we didn't have our coffee when we were expecting it. My final bill was quite a bit more than I expected, so for the money I don't think it was a good deal.

bed and linens were most comfortable and room was quiet - staff super friendly

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

I was over charged by $200 and it has still not been credited back after 2 days. The staff admitted that it was a mistaken charge, charged twice! I was near the elevator and it was loud all night long.

Hotel was nice.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• King Room with Balcony - Little Extras Upgrade

Front desk didn't tell us about rewards points ,so we only got points for last night stayed,should have got points for 3 nights.

Room and balcony was nice ,bed wasn't very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• King Room with Balcony - Little Extras Upgrade

The mattress, it's time for replacement.

Everything was excellent, except the bed,just was not very comfortable, maybe a new one would fix the problem.everything else was nice,loved the room balcony was excellent.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

• Queen Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

We felt very uncomfortable from the moment we checked in. Because it was 4 of us we were immediately asked to sign a no party policy. We had to show our room keys anytime we were headed to the elevators and security was not nice. It felt more like jail and not a hotel. Not my idea of hospitality! I work in the industry and was extremely dissappinted. We required maintenance for the toilet twice and the heat. The condensation from the windows was so bad water was leaking down the pane and walls. Housekeeping did not clean our room though we requested it twice. Overall it was a bad experience especially for such a nice hotel in a great area. We had a full kitchen and went and bought groceries. When returning, security asked our room number and stated they were requesting a security check because we had party supplies. They need to do much better! We would not stay there again.

I loved the look and decor very nice!

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Queen Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Security was very rude. Instead of ASKING (as you would every other guest) as I entered the hotel to show my room key to get into the elevator, the security assumed I was not a paying guest and TOLD me that I couldn't enter and that I needed a guest pass to enter the elevator and tried to prevent me from getting on the elevator and enter my room.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

parking on payment, WiFi on payment, the very high cost is not in line with what offered (very poor, no WiFi, no parking, no breakfast). a girl texted me to know about our stay: after my reply, i'm still waiting an answer.

bed