Reviews of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Lexington 3 stars

2601 Richmond Road, Lexington, KY 40509, USA

#13 of 62 hotels in Lexington

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

We loved it so much were going back in less than a month to stay

Everything Especially Angies place the food was wonderful morning and our nighttime room service #loveithiltonlexingtonzdoubletree

• Non-Smoking Larger Queen Room

Initially our room was locked from inside and not enter. The second room was not what was I reserved. THIRD room was fine.

The facility was fine. Desk staff marginal.

• Junior Suite - Disability Access

I was booked to room that was already occupied (this was at 1 am in the morning); day I left housekeeping came in to tidy my room with information that I was to be there one more night (not accurate)

• Non-Smoking Two Room Queen Suite

High priced luxury hotel without a free breakfast!! I will not book a room at Doubletree Inn Hotel again. This hotel illegally extorted a $200.00 deposit upon registration which was not mentioned when I originally booked the hotel. Moreover they held this deposit hostage for the duration of my stay which affected my spending budget for my trip. Both ice machines were broken and never fixed during my 5 day stay. Again, I will NOT stay at this hotel again!!

Checking out!! This was a terrible experience...period!

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Location: it ws buried behind a shopping center on a frontage road making it difficult access. Google maps shows the entrance at the back but this was gated and had no entry.

Quiet rooms

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Would not recommend booking through booking.com. I booked for 2 nights, but they separated my reservation into 2 separate nights, so I had to check out and back in for night number 2.

Stayed in several hotels in Kentucky during our vacation and this was by far the favorite. The place is stunningly beautiful, so comfortable- excellent rooms, lovely atmosphere and great location near restaurants and shopping.

• Non-Smoking Larger Queen Room

Room was not worth the price the jets in the jacuzzi tub were noticeably dirty & the toilet ran all night long.

Overall the hotel was nice. Staff was friendly

• Non-Smoking Larger Queen Room

After checking in, I went to take a shower. There was hair all over the walls from a previous guest. The beds were not very comfortable either.

The staff was very accommodating.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

They people next to my room were so loud I did not get much sleep. Then when I finally did get to sleep they went back for another round of how loud can we turn up the tv. So facility was great but not being able to sleep was a problem for me

Everything was clean and well kept

• Honeymoon Suite

There was a college basketball team there and they were loud. My husband and I had a stay-cation there for his birthday and we just wanted peace and quiet. We were disappointed there was no continental breakfast for the cost of the room. The hot tub needs to be resurfaced. There were chucks of the coating missing, making it scratchy on the bum.

It was a nice room.

• King Suite with Balcony - Non-Smoking

The price of the room was a little steep. The room was great and so was everything else, so it balanced out.

the bar was fabulous. We spent a lot of time there watching the NCAA. The drinks were pretty pricey though. $8.00 for a small glass of wine. But the bartender was amazing and friendly and remembered us each time.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Had all day to repair window that fell out and didn’t have the courtesy to tell me it wasn’t taken care of. Should have called me during the day and let me know that the issue wasn’t even addressed and that I would need to change rooms. Didn’t appreciate coming back late in the evening to realize I needed to tell that that I needed another room. If they had just had the courtesy to let me know ahead of time it would have been fine. But to not even have someone check the damage when they had the entire day was inexcusable.

Very friendly staff, comfortable bed, king tub was great. Convienence

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The bed wasn't very comfortable, no free breakfast and it was overpriced, can't order movies, fridgerator froze our food and drinks, no vending machines

The huge tub was super nice! And cookies were great. Alot of channels, and the little town appeal was cute

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The room was dirty. We heard every patron of the bar all night and the shrieking of the front door Everytime it opened and closed. The jacuzzi tub spit black chunks at us and the sink was clogged to the point we could not brush our teeth. This place was definitely not worth the $160 price tag!

They gave us warm cookies at check in.

• Non-Smoking Larger Queen Room

I was very mislead by my reservation with booking .com I have an email that reads I have he suite with the sitting room area . I did not get such a room . Staff could not change reservation because I did through booking.com . I will not use booking .com ever again

Breakfast was wonderful . Staff all super pleasant and helpful

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

There for a two night stay. In the morning , I Asked housekeeping to come back in 10 mins. to clean our room because we were almost ready to leave for breakfast and would be away for a few hours. When we returned around 3:30, room not cleaned I asked maid who was cleaning across the hall when our room would be cleaned and she checked a list and said she didn’t speak English and went away. Half an hour later, no housekeeping to be found. Finally called front desk and they did send up 2 towel sets and some coffee... no new cups though😩

Always very clean and relaxing getaway for us. Love the HUGEbathtub for a great soak!

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

I felt like I was mislead about room details by booking.com. I was under the impressions that I was paying for a King executive suite, but it was just a regular suite. My husband and I were a little disappointed since we were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary, and was hoping to do something more elaborate. However, the staff was great at the hotel. If I stay again, I'll probably book directly through them.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• King Room - Disability Access

The Rooms AC did not work so we had to switch rooms at 10:30pm- the new room had soaking wet carpet and smelled like mildew.

Staff was friendly and acccommodating

• Junior Suite - Disability Access

For the type of romm thought its was a little over priced the bathroom had an odd smell and the people all night was very load in the rooms around us the hall didn't sleep very because of that

The was very freindly and the bar was great

• Non-Smoking Larger Queen Room

We were given a dirty room (shower had been used and dirty towels about) and nobody offered to fix it even after called down to get corrected. They said they had moved a guest earlier.

• Non-Smoking Larger Queen Room

I asked the front desk if they get us a cab. The cab was 30 minutes late, unfriendly, overcharged us, and seemed to be a personal vehicle. Worse service I ever had from a cab.

Good location, comfortable room

• Non-Smoking Two Room Queen Suite

We would have liked the free breakfast which is included at most Hampton Inns, etc. This was not available and as a result we went to a local breakfast facility. We didn't feel it was worth paying for the buffet since we are not big breakfast eaters.

It was everything we expecte and more. The room was comfortable, clean, and provided us with everything we needed. The staff for professional and curtious. No complaints would stay there again and again.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Almost missed it because it's set so far back off the road in a shopping center. No signs for it.

It was beautiful inside and out! The staff was very friendly and attentive.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

I really loved how big the bathtub was but it look kind of dirty. so I didn't get the chance to use it.

beautiful room! beds were comfortable and the location was great!

• Non-Smoking Two Room Queen Suite

I don't like the fact that pets can be allowed in any room in the hotel. Now I must be mindful of bed bugs, ticks that could produce lime disease and flees. I don't believe the staff has been trained to detect these risks..

The restaurant server was kind..

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The refrigerator didn't seem to be working... never got cold (was set to max...)

The internal balcony overlooking the atrium was very nice and relaxing after a long day. Room was very nice, had an old southern "plantation" feel to it with french doors between the bedroom, the main room, and the balcony.

• Non-Smoking Larger Queen Room

i showed the reception desk my copy of our reservation; however, the hotel did not have the reservation. We were told we were the 2nd people that day where booking.com did not forward the information. The hotel was great in apologizing and getting us a lovely room.

• Non-Smoking Larger Queen Room

From the booking picture, I thought we had a sitting area in our room. We did not. Needs to be more aware of guest needs. Wouldn't you think 4 people would need 4 wash clothes and 4 towels? Had to call for more coffee daily. Just seemed pricey for what you actually got.

Room was cool and bed comfy.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The only thing we didn't like was how far our room was from the elevator but I why we were put in a far away room because we have small children

The pool was very nice and my kids loved the jacuzzi in the bathroom

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The price is always steep it was 208.00 for just one night, BUT I wasn't disappointed with the room so that made it a little easier to swallow, but it is still a bit pricey.

I always love this hotel! Any time we are in Lexington for any reason we stay here without question.

• Non-Smoking Two Room Queen Suite

The hotel was under remodel so wasn't what I'd expect at this price point. Also, the pool could use some major updating. I also don't like paying for parking though I know that's pretty normal for a downtown city hotel. Also, the only way to get to the lobby is an escalator, very inconvenient for children in strollers or a wheelchair. We had to navigate the service elevators which was a little confusing. A nice elevator for guests next to the escalator would be a great touch.

Comfy beds, great staff, nice sized room. Beautiful city!

• Non-Smoking Two Room Queen Suite

The Ice Machine floor was dirty during my whole stay (4 nights) and I asked for toilet paper but never received any.

The room was pretty clean and the lobby on the main floor was nice, equipped with a bar

• Non-Smoking Two Room Queen Suite

The staff was very friendly, property was immaculate, and after a long drive was grateful that the beds were so comfortable. Housekeeping even checked in with us around 8am to see if we needed anything else. Definitely want to return to Lexington and will stay here again!

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

A bathroom in the pool area so I wouldn't have to take the kids inside in their wet swimwear

Pillows and comforter were so soft--I slept like a baby!

• Non-Smoking Two Room Queen Suite

We had ants in the bathroom, they came and sprayed quickly but we continued to have a problem. The breakfast offered was pricey so we did not take advantage of this service.

Great location. Close to everything we wanted to do. The little restaurants around the property were great, highly suggest eating at Crust.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

I didn't like the fact that the hotel preauthorized my one night stay and even after I settled when I checked out, the preauthoration is still on my card. It's not right that I have paid my bill but that stayed on my card and who knows when it comes off. Very disappointed because we stay here a lot. We love the hotel other than that.

I didn't use the pool so I can't rate it.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• King Hospitality Suite- Non-Smoking

Kind of a weird location. The sink in the room backed up and there weren't many decorations on the walls. Also breakfast wasn't free. But the room and rate were excellent and I would definitely stay again / recommend.

Huge room for the price. Friendly staff and well kept. Love the French doors and big atrium. Easy and free parking.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Non-Smoking Larger Queen Room

I think booking.com or the hotel itself could have better pictures of the room. I thought I was getting a suite, I would have paid for a suite. The photos of the room I booked, was photos of a suite. Other than that one thing, everything was great.

I had a wonderful stay. Bed was comfy, room was clean. Staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The pillow were a little to big and to soft but that's just my personal opinion.

Everything was perfect!! The beds were comfy, tv's were great, service was excellent, food was delicious!!!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The only issue was the noise of others outside the room. You could easily hear the conversation of others as they walked past our room.

The over all experience was excellent. We booked our room quickly and easily. The staff was great very helpful. The room was clean and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

That there isn't an inside swimming pool. That should be a must inside there. I believe that could help the business.

The friendliness of the staff from the front desk , especially the evening staff to the maid service. The hotel was very very clean and that means more than anything. We loved the free cookie. The cookies are awesome. We would love to order those to have them at our home 😀 The maids were extremely friendly, courteous and you can tell they are not lazy and they make sure your room is very clean.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• King Room - Disability Access

I used to stay at this hotel a lot and had terrific experiences. I was with an organization who always booked the rooms and I was always in a suite. So I made the mistake of thinking Double Tree Suites was an all- suites hotel. Wrong!! The hotel was full, so moving to a suite was not an option. The room was typical mid-level hotel type of room...except we had no heat. I was at the desk at 3:00 am and talked with a very pleasant person who offered some extra blankets. Realistically, at that hour of the morning that was about all she could do. When we checked out I mentioned there was no heat. &Quot;Oh, we're sorry" was the response. I was also told that since I booked through a third party (I.E., Booking.com) there was little they could do to adjust the rate.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The area is very dark and not especially pleasant to walk around. The whirlpool tub can go in place of more space. Could use some updating, but decent.

Good location to UK and other attractions. Near eateries like chilies and Bob Evans. Convenient to roads, but somewhat tucked away. Lack of complimentary breakfast disappointing.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room Queen Suite

mattresses on beds and sofabed were probably never flipped. they all slanted terribly. INTERNET WAS TERRIBLE! Tech person had to reset it several times and in between internet would cut out. Horrible!!!

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Non-Smoking Larger Queen Room

I didn't like that fact that i was not given the room that i booked from booking.com...I was told that happens a lot!!! She was very friendly and did give me the room that I booked.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Non-Smoking Larger Queen Room

Our toilet didn't work. Called the front desk. Young man came & fixed it but it still was leaking water. I had to tell the front desk about this everyday. No one did anything about it. Our room was not cleaned after our first night told the front desk at 6:30 pm when we returned from being out all day. Housekeeping came at 8:30am. I asked them to come back later they didn't. They only brought up new towels. They could not comp me a night since I used Booking.com. They gave me free breakfast.

The hotel is very nice.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The pool was very small and in the middle of a plaza parking lot. It just didn't feel relaxing.

The bed was amazing. The room was large and clean. The jacuzzi bath tub was great, very big and the jets work great.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• King Room - Disability Access

The first room was not handicapped accessible even though I had stated that I use a walker. the wall of the bathtub was higher than my knees and when I told them I could get in the tub because of this she suggested she send someone to my room to help me, then she said they did not have any handicapped accessible rooms. When I told her federal law required this, she then checked and said they did have these rooms and would move me to one of them.

Most of the staff were friendly and helpful. There were many restaurants and stores nearby.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Shower/tub side way too high!!!! Had a hard time getting in and out. So high I thought it was a walk-in shower/tub☹️ I was looking for a way to open it

Comfortable bed. Size of suite perfect size for one person. Very clean! Friendly and helpful staff. Plenty of things within walking distance. Checking them out very easy.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Well this was on a high demand day so it was a little pricy

The room was super spacious and the king bed

• Premium Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Difficult to find even with HPS!

Beautifully decorated inside and very comfortable rooms.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Charged me $50.00 for some kind of hold idk.

Rafael provided excellent customer service, esp with our uber did not show up!

• Non-Smoking Two Room Queen Suite

Bed was soft n comfortable

• Non-Smoking Two Room Queen Suite

It isn't easy to find, even with GPS.

The facility itself is lovely once you find It!

Na.

Overall stay was good and the room was large and amazing.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The air conditioner was really loud when it would come on.

Bed was comfy, staff was great

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Hvac system kept us up all night The loudest room I have ever stayed in. Worst hotel room ever!!!

• Non-Smoking Two Room Queen Suite

The beds (including the sofa bed) were very comfortable. Plenty of room for 5 friends to share. The room was very quiet.

• Non-Smoking Two Room Queen Suite

Complimentary breakfast would be very nice.

The room was very spacious and clean. The beds were extremely comfortable.

Construction work

Staff

• King Room - Disability Access

Staff working on building at 7am waking me up.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Atmosphere, beautiful room, excellent service

• Honeymoon Suite

It was a smaller tub than when we previously visited.

It was a very nice location.

• Non-Smoking Two Room Queen Suite

Front Desk could have been a little friendlier.

• Non-Smoking Two Room Queen Suite

Room was hot. AC was broken

• Non-Smoking Two Room Queen Suite

Only thing that I would say is : the room had a fridge but no microwave which was challenging.

Staff and the beds were very comfortable

• Non-Smoking Two Room Queen Suite

Walking distance to some restaurants

Very pleased with the aesthetics , comfort and cleanliness. Very friendly staff

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Being mislead or lies to by staff

The room and bathroom were very spacious.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Friendly staff, clean and affordable

• Non-Smoking Larger Queen Room

Took a little while to get hot water, but it was below freezing outside.

Gorgeous inside, comfortable beds, nice jaquzzi tub and very clean.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The staff were very nice and helpful and the cleanliness of the hotel was impressive .

• Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

The hot tub was huge and clean.

• King Suite with Balcony - Non-Smoking

our room was never cleaned

Rooms were excellent bed very comfortable

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

No Bottle water in the room.

The bed was great and the room was clean.