Reviews of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Naples 3 stars

12200 Tamiami Trail North, Naples, FL 34110, USA

#11 of 58 hotels in Naples

Room service - dinner was delicious.
    • Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Room service - dinner was delicious. Suite was very clean, large, comfortable, and as a solo traveler, in a quiet location per my request. Excellent bed and mattress. Every staff member I came in contact with was friendly and willing to assist. I really appreciated the extra touches like a warm cookie, bottled water, sweets and handwritten note in bedroom. You felt like hotel staff cared about your stay. Excellent value all around. Would definitely recommend.

Good beds, spacy rooms, good value for money, friendly staff...
    • Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Its a bit outside naples centre, and next to a smelly waterway. The airco is in the room iso outside so its noisy when it pops on.

Good beds, spacy rooms, good value for money, friendly staff, nice warm pool

• King Suite - Non-Smoking - Mobility Access - Hearing Accessible

we had a wonderful experience. it was a last minute planned mini getaway. We were received with warm chocolate chip cookies and the staff was extra friendly. Room was exceptional and loved that checkout was at noon. Definitely recommend!

Magic, would recommend the property to anyone.
    • Non-Smoking Pool View King Suite

the air conditioning appliance located in the living area was a wee bit noisey coming on but not at all over bearing and with your bedroom door closed at night was really effective with no noise penetration. Having to leave the hotel.

we were really happy with virtually all aspects of the property from we entered the premises until we left, reception, resturant, housekeeping and pool area all staff were friendly and dedicated to making your stay memorable, bonus of daily bottled water and coffee and 20% reduction of meals.

Not the best
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking - Mobility Access - Hearing Accessible

I paid almost $ 300 for 1 night no complimentary breakfast, bed and pillows had an old smell I had nausea all night. The carpet was stained and dirty. They will bill your card twice when you check in and check out then they will refund the money. When I contacted them about the issue they blamed it on booking.com wich is a lie booking.com never charges your card. The tall gentelman that vacums tried to intimidate me on my way out, this place is not safe for women and kids. Be careful...

Free cookie

A comfortable stay with great staff in a beautiful area of Naples
    • Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Hooks in bathroom were cheap and too loose to hold the lovely, weighty towels, bar soap disintegrates very fast and melts quickly inside shower leaving a wet glob on soap dish and by sink area . Bathroom ceiling paint was peeling and needed to be repainted. A faint smell of cigarette smoke hits you when you enter room, but quickly dissipated when I opened the balcony door. Balcony view is of parking lot where u can hear cars and see guests pulling in and out of cars unlike the pics that showed pool view. Gym did not have weights lighter than 5 pounds, could have appreciated 3 pounders, but machines were adequate, since we wee the only ones in the room whenever we worked out.

The room provided a refrigerator, a microwave, and had a balcony, plus the bathroom was extra roomy with doors that led either to bedroom or to living room which provided great flow of traffic for a family of four. Having a pullout sofa was a great extra since one of my college kids was f doing work late in night and did not disturb us. But best of all, it was very quiet to sleep. No outside noises, even with air conditioner on and sheets pillows in bed were very comfortable.

Bed was very comfortable.
    • Non-Smoking Pool View King Suite

I was disappointed that the water wasn't hot. I had been looking forward to a hot bath. Also, I thought that, for the price we paid we should have received a free breakfast. If even a continental breakfast.

Bed was very comfortable. Staff were very nice. Room was clean.

Lovely Hotel
    • Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The only issue I had was.... it was noisy on the parking lot side of the hotel due to the traffic noise

We loved it here. Very clean and tidy. Excellent breakfast, excellent food, excellent staff and excellent free warm cookies.

Perfect stop for travelling to Keys.
    • Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Staff in restaurant a little pushed. Tending bar, serving tables and running room service made service a bit slow when ordering food. But they coped well, guess it made their shift rush by!

Everything was just perfect. Beach and town nearby.

If we visit Naples again, we will stay at this hotel
    • Non-Smoking River View Suite

Extremly pleasant and professional staff,we had a river view suite, second floor, very comfortable ,large balcony overlooking the river. Hotel very quiet,ample parking, complimentary coffee, a very enjoyable stay

It served its purpose
    • Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The bed was not that comfortable. Also it had an older smell to it. I also did not like the fact they had to charge my card rather than use it to hold my room.

Location was ideal for the purpose of my visit.

The bed and the mattress was awful.
    • Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The bed and the mattress was awful. Very hard mattress and had to ask the manager for extra topper, but they were not able to remedy the problem. Bathroom was extremely small and tight. I will not recommend this property.

Nice room but disappointed about the way they handled the fire evacuations & faulty phone
    • Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

What we were not impressed with was the 2 fire evacuations we had early in the morning. It is one of those things that can happen, but their promise is to have a good night sleep and will do anything to make it right, but there was no apology or any offer of a free breakfast or some money back even though the 2nd fire evacuation was the same reason as the 1st (so it was not fixed in the 1st place). We literally had to get up, dress and leave the hotel and meet in the front car park both times. These were at 05.45 & 07.50, so the nice lyin we had planned didn't go well, and the day was slightly spoilt by being over tired! Also the room phone kept on rebooting during the morning and self ringing. I had to unplug it eventually.

The room was a decent size being a Queen Double Suite. 2 TVs and a small sitting area. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was a good size with a Bath/Shower. The check-in staff called Matt was very welcoming, and the bar guy Seth was also chatty and helpful with local information.

We canceled the rest of our stay and only stayed one night. :(
    • Non-Smoking River View Suite

I didn't like the bed it was uncomfortable, I woke up with a horrible neck and back ache, and my poor wife woke up with an even worse back ache. We didn't get any bath robes in our room and the bath room was not very clean. We didn't even take a shower. We asked for a better room and was offered the same kind of room on a different floor. I was so disappointed and couldn't believe that this place was like this, as I love double tree's!

I didn't like much other than we were offered a free breakfast because our bed was so uncomfortable. I have stayed at a lot of double tree's and this one was by far the worst! The river view was amazing.

Very pleasant.
    • Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Price of breakfast was quite expensive. Also, even though bicycles were available for use it was logistically hard to take advantage of them.

The hotel supplied beach towels,chairs and umbrellas which saved money when we went to the beach. They were also helpful with local information regarding points of interest. The staff we encountered was friendly and courteous.

Love this place, best hotel in Naples
    • Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Breakfast is a little pricy but delicious

Staff was extremely helpful and went out of their way for a special occasion. Wish I had known about this place a long time ago. Won't hesitate to stay here again. Felt like a VIP. Room was spacious and very clean. Everything looked brand new. Happy hour 2 for 1 drinks at bar from 3pm to 7pm. Excellent all around hotel.

One of my favorite accommodations ever!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking - Mobility Access - Hearing Accessible

I very much enjoyed staying here. This was my base from which to explore the Everglades for 3 days, and it was a delight to return here each evening. I booked a King Suite, which was like a home away from home, with separate eating and sitting areas and a private patio overlooking the swimming pool area. The bathroom was luxuriously large with high quality towels and toiletries. This was a wonderful value for the price, especially since I was given a bottle of cabernet sauvignon to compensate for the minor inconvenience of the renovation being done as well as a couple of giant chocolate chip cookies upon arrival. The staff were very pleasant and efficient. The location is a convenient drive out of the central downtown Naples area and near excellent restaurants and beaches. I would definitely stay here again.

Nice hotel but I will avoid it in the future
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking - Mobility Access - Hearing Accessible

At arrival, we were informed that the hotel was full and that our room was unfortunately not available. They had booked us a much cheaper and older hotel nearby and expected us to go there without any financial incentive. Fortunately, one guest cancelled while we were discussing this (so was the hotel really full ?). Even if the problem was (luckily) solved, I will not take the chance again and book at this hotel chain, to end up in one of their cheaper hotel. The staff also did not show any concern about the situation and had a very mechanical reaction which seems to show that they are used to this kind of situation...

Very nice and confortable room, peaceful, nice pool and jacuzzi, good breakfast

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Comfortable stay. Would come back.
    • Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

NOt close enough to ice machine. Need shuttle to one of the beaches close by.

Bed was like cloud. Good space for money. Like the suite. Good coffee. Pillows comfortable. Gigi and all the staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Fabulous 4 day break
    • Non-Smoking River View Suite

Although a slightly older property, the room are large, and the bed is extra comfortable! All the staff from Check-In to bar to cleaners were all very friendly.

Clean and friendly
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking - Mobility Access - Hearing Accessible

Didn't realize your penalized and can't receive Hilton honors points if you book through outside site. Then even though a Hilton honors member didn't want to honor request for room near elevator......

Nice touch offering warm cookies at check in

Room issues
    • Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

We stayed in a suite, the A/C unit & thermostat were in room separate from bedroom. Thermostat was set at 74. Our first night we woke up sweating because the bedroom temperature was so hot. We had to turn the thermostat down to 65 to make it cool enough and comfortable Enough to sleep. A/C vent in shower was absolutely filthy.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

A little disappointing.
    • Non-Smoking Pool View King Suite

They closed the pool two days in a row from 11:30 to 2:30 and again during dinner for corporate events. When you pay for a pool, it should be available. We were very disappointed about that. Also, we were in a King room with a "pool view". Our view was actually of the back yard and pool equipment. We couldn't see the pool at all (room 220).

The hotel is nice and is a good value. The restaurants were awesome. The staff was very nice. Great location.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

We Were Pleasantly Surprised
    • Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

There was nothing that we didn't like.

DOUBLETREE SUITES/HILTON - NAPLES Have been to Naples on business over the years and booked several hotels. However, this was a personal getaway with my husband and we stayed at the Doubletree Suites for the first time. We are also Hilton Honors members and on the floor reserved for it's members. Good location. Pleasant and helpful front desk staff, wonderful food, superb housekeeping staff and very tasty cookies. Joanne, always a smile, at the front desk was helpful every day. I asked what restaurants the locals frequent and we went to both - Doug's Restaurant, not far from the hotel, had the best lobster bisque and lobster wraps we have ever tasted. Docs on the Beach had great ambiance and "decent" food. We liked the food so much at the hotel that we had dinner there twice - very good food and nice Happy Hour specials. And liked the fruit flavored water in the lobby that was always available.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Surprised and delighted with the staff and experience!
    • Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Bathroom sink drain was slow. They did make it a little better but still sluggish.

The staff were exceptionally cheerful and helpful. The hotel had complimentary bottles of water each day and the warm chocolate chip cookies offered at check in were such a lovely touch. The rooms were comfortable and beds/pillows were terrific! We took advantage of the complimentary bikes and toured the Delnor-Wiggins park, beautiful beaches!

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Lots of room and amazing staff
    • Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

This is a small complaint: the sofa bed was a bit broken down (what sofa bed is actually comfortable, though?) and at times the holiday music piped in the hallways could be heard in our room, even in the late hours.

We were quite frazzled when we arrived, but Joane at the front desk made us feel calm and took great care of us. She was helpful without being too talkative and distracting and pointed out available snacks for my daughter while I filled out paperwork. The room has well-appointed and spacious and offered lots of toiletries and other small items --- even a little Passport to Naples to help us explore the city. The room was quiet, comfortable, and well-attended. The pool was heated and the lounge had great happy hour specials. This is our new go-to hotel in the area!

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Great staff, but felt discrimination because we didn't book directly.
    • Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Because we booked room with booking.com, I believe we were given a low desirable room. We were also pre charged $50 to our credit card for possible additional charges, again because we booked through you.

Hotel staff were very friendly and did an excellent job.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

GREAT STAFF and nice facility
    • Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff was excellent. My wife has disability/mobility issues and ever staff member went out their way to assist her and make her feel comfortable. Always friendly greetings.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Some good and bad.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking - Mobility Access - Hearing Accessible

Walls were so thin I could the guest next door snoring. Also no indication of whether breakfast was gonna be charged or free till you were done and ready to leave. Definitely not transparent.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Great small hotel

15 minutes away from the beach, I would have loved it to be closer

Excellent bed, friendly staff, great pool. The gym was small but jad everything needed and excellent machines! I will definitely come back

One of the Best Hotel Stays Ever

Wouldn't change a thing.

Perfect from check on to check out.

fine
    • Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

at check-out, employee didnt know how to process a gift card for partial payment

cookies, friendliness of staff, fitness center

We loved the DoubleTree Suites!
    • Non-Smoking Pool View King Suite

Joanne at the front desk made our trip exceptional!

Property is tired but the friendly staff make up for it.
    • Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Check in process was super friendly. Complimentary bubbles and cookies on arrival.

I will recommend this property to others.

Front Desk staff & bed

Amazing customer service

Amazing customer service

Wonderful.
    • Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The charge for breakfast- over priced.

Everything was comfortable.

We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking - Mobility Access - Hearing Accessible

We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel. Not many choices to choose from on the menu.

Excellent.
    • Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff was excellent. Hotel provided beach chairs and towels for beach outing.

Really Good all the staff 😊😊

Really Good all the staff 😊😊

Will definitely visit again.

N/a

Very clean and excellent customer service

Loved the staff!!!!
    • Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Friendliness of entire staff.
    • Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Reasonably priced breakfast option.

Friendliness of entire staff.

great pool area with hot tub.
    • Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

great pool area with hot tub.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Nice hotel but in a poor location for those vacationing in the area.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking - Mobility Access - Hearing Accessible

Location. Difficult to depart property to go south. Nothing was within easy walking distance.

Comfortable bed. Helpful staff.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.
    • Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

I believe the site I booked from stated that we would have a balcony, which we didn't have. Our accommodations ,however were very nice.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Roof vert noise because the élevator behind the roof
    • Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Roof vert noise because the élevator behind the roof It's change the room du ring evening

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Perfect

Excellent stay

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Convenient
    • Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The dead bug on the bathroom floor and the piece of trash in front of our room door.

Comfortable room with a view.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Loved our stay
    • Non-Smoking Pool View King Suite

Every thing was very nice

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Loved this place

All good

Very comfortable bed and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Happy holidays.

Breakfast not included.

Great hotel.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Kn

Kn

• Reviewed: 9 May 2016

I needed a screwdriver to put batteries in my daughters...

I wish I could have stayed longer! Lol

I needed a screwdriver to put batteries in my daughters bubble machine and they gave me batteries. Very nice staff!

• Reviewed: 12 March 2016

The quietness of the room, although it had no view but you...

The evening meal menu was very limited and on the one occasion we ate in, it was not very good. On our 6 night stay, it was the same menu each night; the restaurant was mostly empty in the evenings. Guess why! On the other hand the breakfasts were varied and good quality, although were not included in the cost! We asked for a wake up call for 6am for our last morning, but when we mentioned to Reception we didn't get it, it has been entered for 7am! Good job our alarm worked!

The quietness of the room, although it had no view but you can't have it all!

• Reviewed: 4 March 2016

The beds were the best.

We stayed 2 nights. We requested a move after the first night. We were put in a handicap room next to the elevator and mechanical room. It was very loud every time some one rode the elevator. The next room was very quiet. Slept well the second night.

The beds were the best.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2016

Everyone of the staff we had contact with was all about...

Everyone of the staff we had contact with was all about customer service. They were all really great, especially Wade and Robin. Hope to go back one day.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2015

We have just relocated to Naples and stayed here for two...

Charlie Chiang - the restaurant on the premises has poor service and average food. Walk 200 metres to the Pewter Mug Steakhouse - much better food and service.

We have just relocated to Naples and stayed here for two nights while we waited for the keys to our new home. This is just round the corner from our house and I will definitely recommend it to anyone who comes over from the UK to visit. The reception staff were wonderful; helpful and friendly and the suite was great.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2015

The Hotel staff were wonderful and couldn't do more to...

The Hotel staff were wonderful and couldn't do more to make us comfortable. From the front desk to the maintenance team. We were also lent beach equipment for the length of our stay.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2015

Great location close to shops and restaurants.

Breakfast not complimentary. Wanted to charge 70 USD for late check-out. Booked a king room but got a twin room with tiny beds.

Great location close to shops and restaurants. Downtown Naples and beach 10-15 mins drive away. Awesome pool and well decorated rooms. Ample and free parking. Love the welcome cookies!

• Reviewed: 18 July 2015

Staff were amazing.

At my age I like to moan about things. Unfortunately there was nothing to moan about. Oh forgot the beautiful free cookies at reception may have had too many calories :-)

Staff were amazing. Hotel centrally located on coastal highway. Rooms spacious and clean. Pool was nice. Good choice of food and beers.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2015

Though we only stayed one night, we thoroughly enjoyed our...

Though we only stayed one night, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff is friendly and helpful and the property was immaculate. Our room was very spacious and clean. Would definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2015

the experience was wonderful I felt like I was in the middle...

the experience was wonderful I felt like I was in the middle of an oasis of pleasure pampering and relaxation I would definitely recommend this property anyone I know traveling

• Reviewed: 20 April 2015

lovely pool, great room

cleaners waking us up outside room and talking at 7.30 in morning. Also alot of older guests who partied into night. We had to tell front desk twice for them to intervene as we could not sleep

lovely pool, great room

• Reviewed: 6 February 2015

We had a problem with our first room it was very noisy and...

For the price we expected better soundproofing. It was possible to feel the bed move in the room if some one in the adjacent room moved. The position of the hotel meant that hi there had to travel by car to nearby restaurants and the fore eating in the hotel was a necessity. The food was ok but the restaurant was a bit soulless. The air conditioning units were noisy.

We had a problem with our first room it was very noisy and they changed it very quickly to an upgraded room. The staff in the restaurant were delightful.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Super value for the price.

Super value for the price. Great kayaking experience is right across the road.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2016

Staff was great, beds were very comfortable.

Room was dark

Staff was great, beds were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2016

Chocolate chip cookies available 'round the clock!

Chocolate chip cookies available 'round the clock!

• Reviewed: 20 March 2016

EVERYTHING

EVERYTHING

• Reviewed: 14 March 2016

People very nice

People very nice Manager very nice everything was perfect

• Reviewed: 14 March 2016

Staff attention

Staff attention

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

Employees were friendly and helpful.

Nothing. I would stay again.

Employees were friendly and helpful. Facility was clean and amenities were excellent.

There are also 58 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.