Reviews of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Seattle Airport/Southcenter 3 stars

16500 Southcenter Parkway, Tukwila, WA 98188, USA

#6 of 17 hotels in Tukwila

6.2

• Non-Smoking Corner Suite

Because all doors open to the atrium, you get bar noise. The room is big enough that you can shut the doors leading back to the room itself, so you can close it off.

This is one of those hotels where every room is a Suite overlooking a central atrium type of thing. All room doors are on an open hallway above the bar. The room itself was spacious and very comfortable. And I walked to the nearby mall and happily shopped and had dinner before my meeting.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The serve at the restaurant (The Landing) was awful!! We waited to long to be seated on Saturday 6/2/2018 and really long to put our order in! They are very slow and obviously short staffed!!! Also no venting machines for snacks!! No access to food after 11pm Only beverages

Everything was great! Loved that the pool stayed open till 12:00 midnight! The bed and rooms were very comfy.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Reservation person who I spoke with to advice that I was checking in late was extremely condescending. She should be trained again in full or even fired. I was very very angry with her. As if I did not speak English . Her accent was thick and sounded like she was practicing her new learned language. Fire her.

Hotel was old. If they have a full renovation it will be great

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was a bit small. Also the water pressure of the shower could have been better.

The bed was very comfortable. The curtains block out light very well if you're sleeping in late. They were also very accommodating to getting a late check out time.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Had to pay for parking 14.95 this was not noted on the original reservation. The original reservation also said included breakfast once there it states breakfast on site for 17.99 per person. A fine stay if you want to be nickled and dimed and the room was not that great for the price.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Third party booking is not friendly. The site says I can pay when I get there. Doesn't mention no cash and a 150 security deposit.

It is very close to Southcenter Mall. Can accommodate large groups.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Missed that parking was $14+tax as well as $110 hold on credit card instead of $50 because I booked through a 3rd party.

Love that the rooms are suites. Perfect for our family.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

you are suopossed to guarantee price yet for same night trivago was 127.00 so quite a bit less than you. also to pay for wifi when the rate and caliber of hotel is what it is is ridiculous. for that reason i would not stay there again

very nice room and close to shopping center. good shower and other facilities. did not try food.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was equally disappointing.

The room that I was given was not the room that I booked in the photos. I also had put a note on my booking to be given a room on a higher floor. Upon arrival I was given a room on a low floor that was dirty. It had balloons in it and tissue under the comforter and the furniture was extremely banged up and chipped. So I changed rooms at the front desk they gave me a room on a higher floor as well. Union switching rooms they also gave me 2 free breakfast vouchers but I had 3 guests they said they could only accommodate 2 which was horrible because I needed one more for my 3 yr old autistic son and was not given it. Then I smelled like burnt popcorn in the new room and looked around a bit and seen that there was a room card key that was fastened to the smoke detector by children’s bandaids. I called the office and let them know somebody was smoking something in that room. They offered to move us again but my kids were tired and so was I so I declined. Mind you this was our 2nd room. The furniture in that room was also very banged up and had stains on the couch.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

I booked our room via booking.com. However I was led to believe that I was booking at Embassy Suites, when the room I chose was actually at the Doubletree. It was not made clear that a change of location was being made. I was also led to believe that there was NO cancellation fee, again I was wrong. It’s a 225.00 cancellation fee! When we returned to our room around 11:00 pm our toilet got backed up. When we called the front desk we were told that “engineering had gone home for the day, and the plungers were locked up”!! So we were moved to another room. While moving the sofa bed to accommodate the roll away, we found an empty vodka bottle under the sofa. After moving rooms, my husband was returning the valet cart and the elevator door opened 3 feet before arriving on the floor. While the booking fiasco was not the fault of the hotel, the rest of the mess was. When we explained all of this to the staff, we were told because of the third party booking it was out of their control. Hmmm.. How is the condition of their building anyone else’s responsibility? We will NEVER use this website or hotel again. And we will share our experience with our family, friends, and business associates.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

It set a high standard that the subsequent hotels on my trip couldn’t possibly match.

Lovely staff. Room was phenomenal. It was actually a suite, paid a modest amount for this amazing room. Nice pool and gym. Brill twice hourly shuttle to airport which was great as we could then get on light rail from there (or rental car)

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

There was a soiled sock on the floor beside the couch when we first entered the room. Small washroom with a tiny tub and the sink was located OUTSIDE the washroom instead of inside. You can hear conversation from next door and they were up and about until around 3am. Banging and clanging of clean up crew (?) tidying up at the restaurant located at the main floor (center of the building). We were on the third floor and we can hear all that loud and clear as the rooms are basically overlooking the restaurant down below.

Location was great as it was close to restaurants. Staff at reception were pleasant.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Tvs would not allow you to turn them down and were set at a too high a volume. Too noisy of an atrium and the housekeepers were vacuuming too early. Would not stay again!

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Wallpaper peeling off walls in bathroom. Sink and tub drain not working. Extra fees for parking a bit much. Never got any cookies. :(

Like the bottles of water and the extra room.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was to expensive the hot tub had to much chlorine and the Starbucks girl was very rude we had to pay for parking

It was clean and spacious

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Ate dinner & breakfast at the onsite restaurant. Food was good, but spendy, and the service was just ok, not pleasant or exceptional. At dinner especially, it appeared we were "bothering" the wait staff, even though there were only 2 tables with people there.

The room was excellent, and a good value for the price. Conveniently located near the Southcenter Mall. Lots of good eating places close by.

• Non-Smoking Corner Suite

The breakfast buffet was very cold and not very good at all and I was really surprised of the price for it and it was not worth the price at all.

Everything was nice and clean and the staff was very helpful.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The sheets for the sleeper sofa had a huge rip/hole in it. We called housekeeping to replace it.

Room/suite layout. Office/sitting area at entry with sleeper sofa, desk had build in power strip, and window by door for additional natural lighting. Bedroom portion had king bed, plush comfy pillows, and a divider that separated office/living space with bathroom in between.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Beds weren’t very comfortable. The “king suite” we were apparently in said it was 2 separate rooms but the sliding door was see through and didn’t close properly. Zero privacy from other room. :( Always heard hallway noise being on the corner suite. Also if you didn’t have the AC on the room starts to get humid and sweats on the walls and windows. You can smell a musty smell in the air. So even when it was cold we had the AC on for the 3 days we were there..

Good price, helpful staff.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Well for the price np breakfast Couldnt sleep do the loud npise from the furnace. No view and not enough comforter. Very disappointed.

Its close tp seafood city

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Had a doctors appointment the next morning, didn’t want to drag my 21yo & 16yo with me. Knew I probably would be late for the noon checkout and they graciously granted extra 2hrs for us to check out.

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability and Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

???? Nothing that I could see.

STEVE at the front desk was accommodating and engaging. I am traveling as a newly "handicapped" traveler and the hotel staff was helpful and thoughtful.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Hotel very beautiful, room great. However, price for breakfast buffet was RIDICULOUS! $20/PERSON!! And nothing to brag about. Won't be doing that again!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Only issue was I did not get my hotel bill e-mailed to me and had to request for it.

Great atmosphere, the rooms were spacious (unlike many other hotels), great food and ambience; close by to the malls. I will definitely stay here again. The pick up from the airport was also good.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Could provide map(s) for outlying areas - possibly due to weather conditions during our visit, we had lousy reception on gps and we got lost a couple times.

Beds were very comfy, tvs had excellent reception and choice. Loved living room accommodation. The onsite coffee shop served excellent coffee (my Americano :)). Service was kind and friendly - maid service.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The room is too cold for my comfort. I noticed this before when I stayed in mid-November. Kept cranking thermostat, never helped. Glad you offer that extra blanket.

Location. Breakfast in the restaurant. The kind desk agent who quickly swapped my room when I found myself next to partiers.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Room decoration is a bit old.

Hotel has free pick up to airport, shopping center and resturant nearby , many resturants with all kinds of food which is just within walking distance. Althought the location is not in downtown, but you can reach downtown by taxi or sky train only 20-30 min . One staff named Steve is very very very helpful , gentleman and friendly, we really appreciate his help, We left in the very early moring so not able to say goodbye with him.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn't like parking and "tourist fee" as well tiny bathroom.

Everything except the fees and early closing of everything surrounding the hotel.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Be prepared for a $40 surcharge on your card to cover any damages etc which is removed after a few days...first time its happened to us or that i have noticed

Easy to find, great front desk service and the cookies are amazing. Comfortable, clean rooms. I would definintely stay again and recommend to others.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Worst customer service ever. Broken amenities, heater, and was denied another blanket. Several issues with no accomidation, the on duty manager acted like we were bothering her.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

They have hidden fees whey didn’t told me on time th checkin. They give me parking pass and told me “It is free for our guests “. But charge me $65 for parking after I checked out. $14.99+tax per day.

• Double Suite with Two Double beds Disability and Hearing Accessible

Staff were unable to discuss the link subway service the stops how to pay for it. The restaurant food overcooked wine list good.ordered breakfast r9om service, it was not delivered we had to call room service. The next morning no one picking up the phone for room service. No one pointed out hotel amenities. Service check in good otherwise would stay but not choose on site options to eat.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The noise from the atrium and people in the hallway woke up me and my kids early. The open railings over the atrium aren't such a fun thing when you're traveling with little kids. The hotel is a dated structure, you can hear the 80's calling in the raquetball court. The location is in the middle of a shopping district - every chain store/restaurant you can think of is there. I hated it - some like it.

The rooms were large enough for our family of six. The pool and gym were large and fun.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The staff, they first told us we didn't have a room booking when I had a confirmation number. Then instead of offering us a room. They had us take our things outside until they figure something out

I like how clean the hotel was. Good parking.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

It was awful. Dangerous open wiring to the air conditioning, unbelievably noisy, cracked sink outside bathroom within reach of open wiring, room not as described etc where shall I stop?

The only thing we liked was the buffet breakfast

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

When booking there is no mention of parking fee. All costs should be included when booking. The room was clean but dated. For example the cold water faucet handle fell off when I used it.

Clean, quiet room. The suite was nice as it had extra room.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The cleanliness of the sofa pull-out bed left a bit to be desired. The staff was very responsive in replacing some of the bedding.

The staff was very responsive to our requests, including replacing a bed cover, obtaining more towels, having my dad check into room registered under my name without me, split the hotel bill between my dad's & my credit card, & calling a car when Uber kept rejecting us. Breakfast buffet was very good, but cost is on the high end. We enjoyed both the swimming pool & fitness area.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

I had to ask for replacement of tissues and toilet tissue. That should have been an automatic replacement when empty

breakfast was great and the bar was excellent

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The a/c in the room has problem i think.. it was so hot at night. We are sweating while sleeping, didn't bother to call for front desk 'coz we're so tired. Aside from The a/c everything is good!

The welcome cookies are great! Also the staffs are nice..the lady from the bar accommodated us even if she was closing in 15mins..she was so great! The room was huge.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

WIFI was not complementary. I had to sign for Hilton Honors to get access to WIFI. I mean it's is 2017, WIFI should be available and accessible for your guests. This was the only downside to our stay.

Location, Cleanliness, comfortable

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The price to park our car was too expensive - $16! Breakfast was overpriced as well. Coffee? Where was it ?? Was it complimentary? Probably not. Bathroom sink was in the hallway, right where everyone walks. When using the sink, one has to constantly shift to allow someone else to walk by.

The size of the room was very nice.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Just in 4 hours, our car'window has been broken by someone, and,the hotel charged 14 dollars for the parking. I parked not far from the main gate,and looks this kind accident happens here.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The house phone didn't work. I was going to get a wake up call but couldn't. And now thinking about it it looked as thought there was some ketchup in and on the phone. No problem though. Smart phones are everywhere

Didn't hear any noise in the morning as typical with other hotels. Really quiet

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Our car was broken into in your parking lot. We lost our stereo, sub, amp and trailer brakes. They also broke the lock in the door. We stayed here to attend our daughters graduation and this was what we woke up to on her special day.

The building was a really neat design and the bar in the center was cool!

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

We arrived to the Hotel around 11:00 pm. The gentleman manning the front desk was extremely nice. He was busy as he was the only one there but was the most friendly host I have met. There was plenty of free parking all around the hotel, the spots are nice large and close to the doors of the hotel. The hotel is close to everything this is our go to hotel anywhere in the Seattle area. Lots of restaurants near by, close to the mall, and a 15 minute drive back into town to Safeco Field.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Minor complaints. Parking should not be charged! Especially when the hotel owns all of the parking spaces. The front desk clerk would not give me a receipt for my stay because I booked through a third party...Booking.com. I have NEVER heard of this before and I always use Booking. So I'm still trying to get a receipt. I can't comment on the pool because someone broke glass in the pool and it had to be drained and cleaned. Very disappointing. After 16.5 hours in the vehicle I really needed a soak in the hot tub.

The staff were so friendly and helpful! I've never had a more pleasant and fast check in! And the warm cookies are an absolute treat...especially after a 14 hour drive. The hotel is a great design of suites that open to an atrium. Suites are very spacious! Although it's not downtown Seattle getting to and from via light rail is so easy!

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The toilet flooded, there was no parking and specifically all of the handicapped parking was full. No continental breakfast and they charged us for a movie we did not watch.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Vegetarian meals would be good, but the kitchen were willing to accommodate us which was appreciated.

We were given a free late check out, offered cookies on arrival. Shuttle service from airport was easy (call from the phone boxes at the airport). Big room, great shower.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The amount of money we paid we didn't get continental breakfast with our room. Also during check out they added charges we didn't purchase and also wasn't notified about the parking fee for parking out car

The hotel was nice great area around lot of restaurants mall movies and game places nice staff really helpful

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Update the bathroom/tubs. Still seems like a cheap hotel bathroom for what you pay.

LOVED the reuben sandwich!!!!! Didn't like how they don't tell you they already include a tip in the cost for room service! NOT COOL.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

I didn't like the open view to the main foyer from each floor- unnecessarily unsafe with all of the kids running through the hallways.

Staff was great. We were very comfortable in our beds. Wear actually called back later to find out the brand of pillows and bought some.

• Double Suite with Two Double beds Disability and Hearing Accessible

The bedroom was fine but the living room part of the suite smelled smokey.

Nice buffet breakfast and fantastic size room. Like the fact the open courtyard runs the height of the hotel.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

bathroom small, but clean.

Very clean room and bed was very comfortable. wife love the pillows. separate sitting room and two TV's with fridge and coffee.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The shower had a washcloth hanging from the previous occupants. Shower flange was hanging. Vent didn't fit well in ceiling. Cleanliness questionable. Bar/restaurant was very loud in room.

It was nice to have a sitting room to be able to visit.

• Double Suite with Two Double beds Disability and Hearing Accessible

Booked as it was advertised as "Two Room Suite" but turned out to be a single room with slatted partition - this did not keep the light & noise out of the main bedroom where we wanted to get toddlers sleeping. Also booked for swimming pool, but this was closed after 08.30 because it had been rented out to somebody for an "Event" - staff tried to stop me using it at 07.45 because "Event" people wanted to get set up early. I was VERY unimpressed by this and used pool until 08.20, but with group of Event people watching, apparently unimpressed.

Friendly reception staff.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

the room wasn't thoroughly clean. the linen was dirty..sheets. the bathroom hadn't t been straightened up.

i love the pool for my kids. i also love the warm reception.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Front desk staff didn't seem to know what was going on, seemed disinterested and my room was noisy even on the 8th floor.

Room was very large, close to everything in the south end.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff could not find my reservation from Booking.com. We had to call for Booking.com and wait on hold for 30 minutes before they would check me in. It turns out Doubletree did have the reservation but couldn't locate it with my confirmation number. After all that they were short and grumpy with us when they finally located my reservation.

I like the location and everything was very clean.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

I wish the hotel price and dine-in restaurant prices were better priced, along with the adult-beverage prices. That would have kept us from dining out.

I liked that the room had a separate living room and bedroom. You could also walk to fast food or sit-down restaurants. There was a grocery store down the street that was probably a 10 minute walk, if the weather was okay...and there was a mall-type shopping center. The airport shuttles were very timely. All--in-all, they did a good job here at the DoubleTree.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Our next door neighbor was smoking marijuana and it stunked our entire room having us to deal with the foul odor when clear it says non-smoking facility.

Everything but!

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Could've had a vending machine the took cash,but I also liked the card access.

Well the staff was professional, friendly, helpful. The rooms were great, and the location was between a gas station, McDonald's, and the mall witch we all loved.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Not having wifi and being forced to use it in the common areas only

No free wifi and no free breakfast was kind of disappointing for a hotel of this caliber

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

It's was a loud corridor to close to the main lobby, big Crack under doors, felt like we had no privacy! Bed was hard as a rock, pillows were not comfortable! Very outdated, I originally thought I was booking the double tree by SeaTac airport, and when arrived they sent me to Tukwila!

Pricing! But now I know why it was so cheap!

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Booking.com already charged my credit card even thought it stated no pre-payment required. I was not inform about the Pay parking and pay wifi. The hotel took another $150 deposit from my credit card which I cannot use it even after checking out.

Near to all shopping amenities.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Not the cleanest bathroom, broken window sill ~ metal piece not I full tact and rubber gasket wasn't attached. Maid service would open but not close the actual window and it broken made it hard to close and get it to close all the way

Loved the friendly helpful staff. Positive and would do anything checking continuous. Love the facility pool and workout I was always open so could use even in the late night afterb returning from a busy day able to unwind at our convenience.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Room was nice but needed a little updating. Windows were old and hard to open otherwise everything was great.

Staff was friendly , loved the cookies. Nice pool and workout room. Very convenient and close to everything.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Having to pay $12.00 for parking is a bit to much to take.

This hotel offers nothing over the other. Most doficult to logon to wifi and then speed was very slow. Not really pleased with our stay.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Attitude of some staff members when the power went out for a couple hours. Room wasn't properly cleaned each day. We have stayed there several times over the past few years, and probably won't book there next year.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

I could not get on to the internet. And we paid for our breakfast; it was very good, but we paid for it. $36.00 or so. On the website when I was booking our stay, one of the amenities was breakfast. I do not feel that I should pay for wifi. And when the breakfast is mentioned as one of the amenities, I think it should be included without charge.

Our server, Dana, was very good, attentive, friendly, helpful, and very detailed and professional! The food was delicious and a very nice selection. The bed was very comfortable. The employees were all helpful and friendly with great attitudes!!

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

I ordered pizza from room service and it did not taste good. So for other meals we walked a block and ate outside.

The staff were super nice. after a long day I was super happy to receive my check in cookie that double Tree gives. But seeing how tired I was and it being almost midnight when I checked in, the staff gave me extra cookie :) Plus the rooms are clean, the swimming pool is awesome. We cancelled our "touristy plan" and decided to stay in the hotel to enjoy the spa, that's how good it was.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

They have the coffee as a pay only crappy hut and it took me 15 min of going back and forth between the restaurant and the front desk to finally get someone to pour me a cup for $2+. Only one person at front desk and it took 20min for a cab to show up after I asked her to call (she waited 10 min doing other stuff before calling). Staff didn't care about any of this and were rude, very lazy as confirmed by the one hard working employee on site (to remain anon for their jon security) .

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double beds Disability and Hearing Accessible

Questionable WiFi security. Spotty towel and coffee bar restocking. Uncomfortable 4-level bedding (sheet/comforter/sheet/sheet). Safe only accessible on hands and knees.

Location. Easy check in/out. Cookies. Ample parking.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

My non-smoking room smelled like stale cigarette butts. I haven't stayed in a hotel room that smelled that bad since 1985. Absolutely unacceptable for a $300/night hotel room. The problem seemed to be limited to my room as the rest of the hotel was clean and odor-free.

Hotel staff was courteous, and location is excellent.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Loved the atmosphere and location. Close to restaurants, shopping and family fun center. My nephews especially loved the cookies we received upon arrival!

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Our room was not clean and the decor depressing, mismatched and beyond well worn.

The communal space/ lobby was pretty. The breakfast was decent. The king bed was comfortable.