Reviews of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay 3 stars

3050 North Rocky Point Drive West, Tampa, FL 33607-5800, USA

#22 of 120 hotels in Tampa

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

Absolutely Perfect. My girlfriend and I stayed here and it was close to Busch Gardens and all of the action. Bay view was great. We will be going back very soon!

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Room had a few issues, one television did not work. Bathroom drains very slow and a broken/leaking bathroom faucet. AC unit was very noisy.

Great views, Good pool. Very friendly staff. Centrally located to many restaurants and nightly activities. Close to the beach.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The only thing was the size of the double beds. More like a twin. Lol

The location was great. The view of the Bay out by the pool was amazing. The size of the double room was perfect.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Needed a fork and spoon to eat stuff I bought at the lobby. Would be good to have at least disposable ones in the room.

I liked the room, the bed, the view, the pool with a view! Everything was very clean. The staff was kind and attentive 👍🏽

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The hotel was great! The staff was super friendly and accommodating. I really liked the view from the hotel room, pool view (which was incredible) and the proximity to restaurants. The location is really great. The drive to Clearwater is pretty decent and makes the price of the hotel that much better. Staying in Clearwater would have cost me double the price and I know the experience wouldn’t have been as pleasant. The best part of staying here is the delicious cookies!!! Couldn’t be happier with my experience.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Shower curtain in the bathroom was worn. Room service could improve in cleaning bathroom

The ambiance of the room was nice and the bed was very comfortable. Wonderful location Loved the welcome cookies!

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Would be a nice touch to have real coffee mugs instead of paper cups (although I just brought my own), the coffee is not great. Maybe a better brand would be nice. Our room seemed to have a little damage from water in the wall between the bathroom and bedroom - we were in room 622 - but I know the hotel will be renovated soon.

Love this property! Beds are very comfy, room is spacious, and love the views of Tampa Bay. I have stayed at this property for business as well as pleasure for the past 30 years and it has always been my favorite. Although we come over now to go to St. Pete Beach, it’s a quick drive to all of the beaches as well as Tampa because the location is so convenient to the tri city area, and now that the International Mall is so close it makes the location even more ideal.

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

There were no happy faces on the staff at the reception, it seemed that they were not happy with their job. We booked a king room with bay view, and additionally requested a room on a high level. We got a room on level 2 in the far and dark corner, tucked away with a very average view. Therefore we did not feel appreciated as guests.

The room was spacious and comfortable.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Short staffed. It was hard to find a waiter/waitress by the pool.

The pool area was beautiful. Loved being able to look out at the Bay and see dolphins.

• King Suite with Patio - Non-Smoking

We ended up getting to the hotel a little later than anticipated so we ended up with the room right next to the doorway to the pool. Sometimes groups of people would just stand in the entryway and chatter away and you could hear them in the room. I didn't appreciate people just walking onto our "patio" and "stealing" our chairs in the middle of the night either. The sliding door to the patio/pool was really hard to open and close as well. I also didn't like the fact that there was no running fan in the bathroom either.

The room was a lot bigger than anticipated. I loved the view! The sunsets were breathtaking! We ended up needing to borrow a "crib" from the hotel and they did not hesitate to oblige. We did not eat on the premises, however, the food did smell AMAZING! Despite the horrendous traffic, this hotel is actually pretty close to Clearwater Beach. You just need to make sure you watch the traffic reports and plan accordingly. Otherwise the 15 minute drive will take you 1 hour and 15 minutes (NO JOKE!).

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

When I first came people was looking at me like I was out of place when I went to the floor I was on and got off the elevator it felt like everything was closed in very tight not enough space I started having anxiety I walk fast to the room when I open the door I was so unhappy how the room looked I wanted to just go back home but it said no refund

Didn’t like the stay at all

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Water for shower would go from hot to cold to boiling ! Never enough towels had to call everyday for more , found bug in room , front desk said palmetto bug actually another name for cockroach!

Most staff friendly and helpful

• Double Suite with Pool View - Non-Smoking

The 1st room flooded due to an incident in the room next to us. Staff wanted us to stay there until 3pm until a new room opened. manager got involved and got us in a new room

Location was good. Food was good if the fryer wasn't broken and you could get fries with your sandwich (they offered no discount on food even with no fries).

More chairs at the pool

Excellent value for busy Tampa Bay area and proximity to airport is a plus. Very nice hotel and not too far from beaches- about an hour with traffic. Suite provided extra room for us to enjoy and spread out in. Comfortable bed, nice bathroom. Our family enjoyed the pool as well. Would recommend as a great option while staying in Tampa area.

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

Around 9 AM on the day we were checking out, the housekeeper barged into our room two times and turned on the lights, my niece was sleeping. I didn't get a chance to mention it at check out because the front desk clerk was on the phone. Considering check out is at 12 PM, it is inappropriate to come into a room that early if the guests are still checked in. If they knock and the guest is in the shower how can they say please come back later?

Beautiful view of Tampa Bay from our 6th floor suite. The sunsets were breath taking.

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

Hotel was nice. We upgraded to a king room with bay room. I didn’t think the bay view upgraded was worth the money. We didn’t seem much of the water at all as there was a massive tree blocking most of the view.

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

We had a tardy shuttle bus on the way back so got an uber instead.

Free warm cookies, convenient location, comfortable bed, nice pool area. Extremely quiet room on 5th floor. And we saw a dolphin!

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The mattress wasn't very comfortable. We booked a suit for 5 people, one of them had to sleep on the sofa bed and it was terrible, he felt as he was sleeping over springs. The beds felt a little bit the same but not as bad. We love the double tree hotel, and our only complain was the beds.

I loved the location, and the customer service. People are very friendly, and make you feel welcome. I loved the pool area.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Staff was lovely. Both the girl and guy at the reception always eager to help and answer questions and so friendly. Delicious warm chocolate chip cookies, fabulous view, clean, large double rooms, and great location.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The tub was clogged Then the man put the drain chemicals in the tub the scent went every where and I have two kids with asthma. Because I did not want to clean the tub. To scared the chemicals would get on my hands and burn them I had to take a bath in the sink very uncomfortable and unpleasing for 169 dollars.

The view

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

Dated hotel, interior was old and weary. Bedsheets, towels and utensils were well used and weathered. Cleanliness was inferior to normal Hilton standard as dust was visible on surfaces. Noisy air-conditioning.

Welcome cookies were great and much enjoyed! Room size is generous and location is good as it has a bay view. Parking is in abundance and is free.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Excellent suites. Very clean, very comfortable. Reception staff extremely professional and helpful. The fitness area had very good equipment. Will return for sure.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Hotel could use some renovating, other than that I had no complaints.

It was obvious from the entrance to the hotel that it was a serious establishment, but when you walked in you would feel the warmth and welcoming as if it was a small family hotel. Room was spacious and clean with all the equipment one would need.

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

2 omelets and yogurts for breakfast were $70. But I guess this is America and you can charge what you want. And I feel like there should be 24 room service available considering after 12 there aren't too many open restaurants near by.

Double Tree by Hilton gets it right every time!

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

Can't think of a thing!!

What a beautiful relaxing place .. rooms were clean and gorgeous!! And Love the Cookies they give you .. fresh and warm from the oven!

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

A/C was a bit loud in bedroom area.

Spacious room with separate living/sleeping area. Nice size desk in living area to use for buisness and meals for two. Wet bar with microwave, mini fridge and coffee maker is a nice feature when staying multiple days and eating in. Room had beautiful views of waterway and sunset with large windows.

• King Suite with Patio - Non-Smoking

Carpet was severely stained Sofa/chairs had an unclean feel Door to patio was hard to open Bumped into safety bar in bath tub every time I took a shower

Staff was pleasant Early check-in was granted

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Room could use with a little upgrade. Air conditioner was rather noisy/loud when the compressor started up.

Cookies upon checking in was great! View from room 520 was excellent.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Furniture was old, dated and in poor condition (scratched). The wall in the bedroom below window was damaged.The mattress of sofa bed was worn.

Location by the bay, complementary cookies, internet, pool & view of bay from pool & our room.

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

understaffed waiting for service @ bar and restaurant, unusually long there to attend my son's wedding was up late for rehearsal dinner as well. Fire alarm blaring, someone pulled alarm @ 5am 2 x, no compensation for 2 lousy nights rest.

Nice and clean

• King Suite with Pool View - Non-Smoking

Not near any facilities. You need a car to get to get anywhere - bars, restaurants shops etc

Excellent hotel with good facilities, great location on the bay front with excellent views (and sunsets). Halfway between Clearwater and Tampa

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

It is a bit dated, but comfortable. It is also a bit off the beaten path, but there is a shuttle.

The suite was quite nice and really spacious. There was a set of dividing doors that separates the area with the beds from the 'living room' area; which was great when kid wanted to stay up late. The hotel is very clean. The bed was very comfortable as were the pillows. The pool is great with a stunning view of the sunset. The staff is very courteous, efficient and helpful. There is a shuttle to take you to and from the airport and/or anywhere within a 5 mile radius. There are two malls within shuttle range, the upscale International Plaza and the West Shore mall where there is an AMC movie theatre. Would recommend for families. Would stay here again.

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Disability Access and Tub

This is the 2nd time I booked a room in the last 2 months and I wasn't given the room I booked. Ex:Booked double bed received single twice.

The breakfast was not worth the money. Food was cold all the time My 2nd trip to the hotel in 2 months. Food still cold.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

We have stayed at this location before. And never experienced a problem. This time we were informed only the day and time we checked in that our stay was going to be interrupted by several power outages, four to be exact over the course of the two days we had booked. For a period of two hours each time. And the following mourning at around 8:15 following our first night. We were woken up to the smoke alarm informing us that we had to evacuate the building. As it turned out to be for no apparent reason. Not to mention we were in room 412. So we had to walk down four flight of stairs in complete darkness with no power due to electrical outage that was scheduled to take place. This should not have happened. We believe that we should have been notified the day before our check in. Of the power outage situation. Giving us time to reserve a room at another hotel by Hilton. We were disappointed that this did not happen. Not to mention that we believe we should have been compensated for the imposition we were put in as we are talking about 8 hours of our stay plus the additional hour for the false fire alarm that took place forcing us out of bed earlier than we had expected. So we must say this was not a good trip for someone who expected to have a quiet and romantic get away with his wife.

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

Beautiful hotel right on the water. Staff was friendly, rooms clean with a beautiful view of the inlet. Definitely a place to stay and enjoy the beauty of Tampa. Very family friendly.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The bed was AWFUL. It sagged badly in the middle and offered no support. Bed pillows too soft. Bathroom door did not lock. Room was NOT cleaned for two days. It didn't matter what time of day or late afternoon we left or returned. When we saw the cleaning staff which seemed to vary each day we were already back in the room to stay. It would have been nice to know their schedule. Furniture not very comfortable.

The pool was wonderful. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. View of the bay was gorgeous. Water pressure in the shower excellent. We loved having the separate room for dining and watching television. The rooms were very spacious.

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

No free breakfast nor free drinks in the evening.

I loved the view from my room. I really recommend this hotel if you are bringing children. The rooms are spacious. We also had a privacy door.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

My wife and son had no problems with the beds. Personally, my back was killing me and I had trouble sleeping through the night. Maybe it was just me. The pull out sofa bed was also quite uncomfortable to sit on. Air conditioner in the bedroom blows air right onto one of the beds

Overall a nice hotel that looks like they have done some remodeling since our last visit a few years ago. The complimentary warm chocolate chip cookies are a nice touch upon arrival.

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Air conditioning was not felt in the elevator and hallways. Strange smell in the hallways. Elevator was super slow

Nothing! Air conditioning in hallways and elevator was non existing! The hallway had strange smell and the pillows were horrible!

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

They sent us a survey and I answered with no response. It was raining and the lobby was leaking so there were buckets to catch the rain and floor was wet. Also, the bathroom door on the inside was warped and peeling.Did not notice until we were settled in did not report at the time because did not feel like moving!

Staff very nice

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Disability Access and Tub

Breakfast buffet is fairly standard and not overly exciting. A/C units inside the room are noisy and a bit annoying.

The staff, especially shuttle drivers, were extremely helpful and went out of their way to help me. Overall, great experience and location is very convenient. The rooms are clean and very spacious.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Double Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

The room was a bit worn and somewhat dated.

I liked that it was a suite with a large bedroom and a large living room/dining room. It was convenient having a fridge, coffee maker & microwave in the suite. The room had a nice view of the bay.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• King Suite with Patio - Non-Smoking

My room wasn't ready at check in. They charged my card that I made a reservation on after I told them I was paying with a different card. I had to pay 2 separate times for my room because I was told 2 different amounts.

Hotel was beautiful and so was the scenery.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The bar was lacking to say the least. The front desk concierge tried to overcharge me for the room. The bartenders weren't the cleanest.

The hotel was clean and in a good area.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

Not many places near bye to eat. But a 10 minute drive is pretty much whatever your looking for.

Very nice rooms, with nice beds. Pool was clean and clear. Staff was great.

• Double Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

The hotel restaurant was not clean and waiter was wearing a dirty uniform.

The view from the window. The staff was helpfull and polite. They fulfiled all our requests

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

dust everywhere- room needs better cleaning, I booked room with 2 queen beds got 1 king bed instead and 1 small, very uncomfortable bed for my child

big, free parking

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

We just arrived and we're looking for a drink but no one really noticed we ere lost. Never had a drink

The cookie was perfectly warm and gooey like I loved it.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

I booked this through booking.com but am a Hilton Honors member. They wouldn't honor my membership and they changed my reservation from a king suite to a double bed suite. Hilton wouldn't match the price I got on booking.com when I called a couple months earlier. I'm questioning whether it makes any sense to be a Hilton honors member when the hotels won't honor my reservations or my membership.

The view was decent and the hotel was close to a couple nice restaurants.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Room very worn and dated. Everything brown, stains on carpet, old paint, dents and scratches on everything. Clean enough but not appealing. Breakfast buffet- very basic, many pots nearly empty or dried up.

Friendly staff. Cookies. Nice pool. Breakfast very basic but like eggs cooked to order and staff very helpful and available.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Double Suite with Pool View - Non-Smoking

The entire hotel needs some work, the rooms are good, but they need painting, furniture was chipped, and the fan didn't work in the bathroom. Only 2 glasses in a delux room. Filthy windows that you could barely see out of.

Beds were very comfortable, got a good night sleep. Check in was fast and efficient.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

This was hands-down the absolute worst stay in a hotel I have ever had. I can't even count the many disappointments that fell short of the Doubletree/Hilton brand. I stayed here one week and never had my bedding changed, dirty towels collected, or the trash taken out. The tub/shower took almost 24 hours to drain after EACH use, which led to a horrible smell from standing water. I broke out in a rash from the bedding. My room was questionably cleaned when I checked in (I should specify both rooms were in this condition, yes I did request a room change)...This is to name a few. I will never stay with this chain or at this hotel again. And I would never suggest it to someone else. This stay absolutely dampened my vacation and caused more frustration than I should have had to deal with.

Good location in town. Great view of the old Tampa bay.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Double Suite with Pool View - Non-Smoking

The wi fi cut off all the time and not much range.

I really liked the pool area, having the gym on the same floor as our room and the fresh free coffee every morning

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Outdated hotel. Sofas with stains and stains on carpets around the room. Sun at the pool area is gone at 2 pm because it goes behind the building (in december).

Nice gym room. Big rooms and ok restaurant.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Nothing I didnt like.

Staff was great. My view was great. The room was very clean... bath, linen. The bed slept well. And the price I paid made it that much better!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The shower didn't drain properly,only gave 3 towels, no pay per view, ice machine on our floor was broken,late check out wasn't available, parking lot was very busy with cars parked along the curb, and at 11:58 am they were knocking at the door for us to leave.

The size of the room we had was perfect.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The toilet would run on its on all hours even when not flushed which was annoying. The late hour staff was very unprofessional... my card was swiped three times!!!! Watch out for the young staff!!!

The location was good...had a view of a canal/bay from our room on the 7th floor. The bed was very comfortable and so were the pillows (a bit too soft) but was good after all.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

a/c was very loud. had to turn up tv considerably when it came on. no pay per view channels as was advertised. bed was a little firm but still comfortable.

nice view. quiet room. large spacious room. bathroom shower was very slip proof and had grab bars.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Pool could have been a little cleaner in terms of skimmed out for leaves etc. kids still had a blast and it is a huge pool!

Beyond great breakfast! Staff was pleasant. Room was very clean and beyond expectations! Would recommend and will definitely be staying again! Thanks Hilton

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

We paid thru Booking.com and felt like third class citizens when we checked in. Front desk is not marked clearly and was off-putting when found. One room wasn't ready, couldn't use HiltonHonors, couldn't transfer charges from one room to the other...just no no no. After departure, a charge for the room was pending on my credit card and like I said above, they were paid for months ago.

Rooms were very nice, spacious and clean. Location was pretty good.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

My reservation was for a king, and they didn't have one for me. The room I got was dingy overall. Stains, towel holder hanging out of the wall, lights out/bulbs buzzing and flashing. The place just really felt run down.

The cookie was good, and the staff was apologetic. The breakfast buffet has potential.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

Had a few issues with the room nothing serious. Bathroom door didn't lock and the toilet was running.

Great service. Staff is amazing. Location was convenient. Shuttle made things so simple.

• Two-Room Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was expensive and not good, no flavor on any of the hot items. The shuttle driver was rude, did not greet us when getting on van. We were charged an extra $19.95 per room because the hotel said booking.com miscalculated the price. Also, check in was not a good experience only got keys to one room even though my name was on both.

Good location, large suite and awesome pool.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is buffet style with two price options. Why? There's no way to enforce the cheaper option. Pool shower didn't work.

Ease with which the whole check in/staying process took place. Rooms are clean, hotel is quiet, conveniently located Easy ride to the beach.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

This hotel has so much potential. But it looks so outdated. The furniture was old and dirty. The bed was old . We did notice that housekeeping only vacuumed I guess. There was dust behind the tv and on the lamps. The elevator was old and sounded old!

Liked the view and the pool.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The wireless access was beyond horrific...spent an additional $60 to convert to LTE through my AT&T account....mentioned it twice to managers and got rubbish in response...I'm getting additional 'Hilton Honor points' they said when I checked out - dramatically insulting as the wireless feed is dimmed unless you are a diamond member...again absurd. It's as if you get free coffee but the half n half is $5 but they don't tell you. Left feeling as though the Hilton chain I know is no longer what I knew to be quality...sad.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The breakfast buffet could have been a little better, as the line items were pretty limited and looked a bit bland. The trash behind the hotel blew a very strong smell into the parking lot in the later half of the day, which happened to also be where the entrance of the hotel was. It wasn't so bad that I wouldn't stay at the hotel, but it was inconvenient at times.

The rooms were very large and spacious with plenty of amenities making for a lovely stay. The back of the hotel has a deck and pool that directly overlooks the water, making for wonderful evenings.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Double Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

I paid for a room with a bay view. The view from my room was more of the parking lot and dumpster. Had a very limited view of the bay. Very disappointed with the view for the extra money.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

Walls inside room were dated and showed possible detioration under window. May be previous rain damage... But wasn't bothersome. Didn't care for constant marketing materials that were being left under door either.

Great staff and location... Facility is aged a bit and it shows in rooms, however the pros far out weight the cons and I'd recommend this location for anyone.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Double Suite with Pool View - Non-Smoking

No trash container near entrance. Trash can in room to small. No liners. No hot water in lobby for tea.

Nice spacious rooms. Beautiful view. Overall surrounding very nice.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Non-Smoking Two Room King Suite

The shower curtain did not keep the water from getting on the floor. It was pretty but it did not work well

the mattress and the cleanliness of the room

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• One Bedroom Queen Suite with Disability Access and Tub

The bed was worn in the center. The couch cushion was torn to pieces. This is not and should not be conducive to a Hiltons property.

Breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Double Suite with Pool View - Non-Smoking

The cocktails at the bar could have been better. And there was a wedding by the pool. Where staff kept telling people in the pool to stay quiet but when you have kids playing in a pool what can you expect.

Our kids loved the cookies we got upon entry. Made them feel special... And even more special when they got when we checked out. The staff was excellent. I had cc issues before my arrival and they were kind enough to call and see what alternative they could offer as I was travelling I from a foreign country the day before. Wonderful customer service. Will certainly return.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• King Suite with Bay View - Non-Smoking

People leaving things outside there doors. Dirty diapers👎🏻

Staff at desk at check in was super accommodating. We traveled very early and we're tired. They got us a room early. Only one hour after arriving.

Check out too early