Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Historic Savannah 3 stars

411 West Bay Street, Savannah, GA 31401, USA

#11 of 135 hotels in Savannah

Excellent location within walking distance to pretty much everywhere you might want to visit. Beds were very comfortable. The concierge was great at helping us pick a ghost tour.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

The large rooms are well fitted and very comfortable.

The hotel is perfectly placed for walking around the town easily and comfortably. My 80 year old mother managed perfectly.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The staff was excellent at night and also during the day. Even the maintenance man working on the automatic door was very professional and apologized for the inconvenience even though he didn't hold me up. It was a great stay!

The business section needs to have the screens pointed away from the front desk for privacy, in my opinion. Also the $30 a night charge for parking seemed too high for this city.

Loved the cleanliness and the pillows- so comfortable!!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

I did not like that they did not have parking for their customers for free and that they did not have a microwave in the room for us to warm our food up and that they charge you for everything they did not even give you free breakfast with the price of the room that you pay

Customer service

• King Room with Sofa Bed

There should have been a clear outline of checkout procedure for Hilton honors guest- something confirming that I could leave my room keys in my room and not have to wait at the downstairs desk.

It was close walking distance to the market and to the waterfront. Everything was close by, which gave us plenty of options.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The noise level was not relaxing! Constant vacuum sounds and just seemed extra noisy constantly!

The staff was so awesome! The two ladies who checked us in were wonderful!

Parking attendant told us we had no option but to valet park. I later saw folks parking outside. I should have known and saved 30 dollars.

Clean and hotel staff were great.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

The only issue was the street noise from Bay St, but that is not the hotel's fault and just a function of the great location. Bring ear plugs and you will be all set!

Room was very clean, great location.

Central heating was a little warm for my liking. Staff had difficulty passing on a message to our friends waiting in the foyer.

Very comfortable hotel in the older part of Savannah. The staff were friendly and helpful. Room and bathroom were spacious.

The only issue I had was with valet. After noticing a mark on my car, I mentioned it to valet and they offered to do a claim. I was calm and didn't make it into a big deal but afterwards they were no longer willing to park my car. They had saved a space up front for me but I had to park it myself which was somewhat difficult because it was a small area next to cement pillars.

room phone inoperable, bathroom sink clogged, corridor cold, room service cheeseburger came without cheese and french fries were undercooked and cold...who wanted to wait another :45min for dinner at 9pm??

comfy bed, nice bathroom, valet $30 expensive but top notch crew.

We were met by 2 cockroaches sitting on the vent and when we told the front desk nothing was done to accommodate us except that they would spray after I asked about it. Overall though it was good and we did not see anymore roaches after that.

Not informed about cost of valet parking prior to arrival. Heating system was very noisy even on low fan speed and inadequate to be comfortable.

Location and cheerful valets.

Beds little small, cost of parking high comparable to street lots, breakfast quality to cost was high, other than sign on valet stand no one explained about parking fees, staff could be more informative or better trained.

Lobby was elegant, staff friendly, kids love the cookies sample at arrival.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Breakfast was not included. The buffet price was a little high, specially for children. I would have also liked a microwave in the room.

The staff was always friendly and helpful. I loved the smell and ambience of the lobby. Very relaxing piano music playing. Everything was clean and comfortable, from the sofa’s in the lobby to the bed and pillows in our room.

The room service and breakfast were overly expensive for poor quality food. Was promised a refund on the room service and breakfast, but never received. This alone will be the primary reason I would not return. Room service and dining make a good hotel amazing, but can also make a good hotel bad.

The staff was friendly and the room was nice. Loved the view, and valet staff was very kind.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Booking.com uses dirty tricks in their booking system. To advertise a price only to remove it later and say "not available" is a classic "bait and switch" trick

• King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Valet parking was $30 a night. The hotel didn't have public parking, there is a garage 2 blocks away from hotel. (not free but cheaper than $30 a night)

The location near the riverfront and walking distance to different restaurants.

The room was a little noisy due to being right above the road. However they did have a noise diffuser inside the room which helped a lot

The staff was friendly and responsive. The restaurant was clean and very good food. The location was excellent.

I ordered extra pot of coffee which I did not receive. Also eggs were cold. I did not notify the hotel which I should have.

Beds were wonderful. Rooms were a little on the noisy side

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The bar was terrible. No one was in there and they couldn’t even find the remote for the TV to change the channel so we could watch the football game. Complained to the front desk and asked for the manager but the girl said it was not her managers problem it was the bar manager and she was at another property. I left my name and room number but no one ever contacted us !

Convenient to River Street and City Walk.

Parking is a little expensive.

The entire experience was very pleasant. Staff was helpful, the room was clean and comfortable and everything I could need was readily available. The valets were helpful and courteous and the moment I walked outside my car was there waiting for me. The location was also very convenient and perfect for sightseeing on foot.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The location was great but that also created an issue with road noise (I know it can't be helped). I didn't notice the little white noise generator until we were packing up.

The decor was great and the staff were wonderful. Extremely helpful and always asking if they could help and what we needed.

Being woke up at 230am, 4am and 530am by grown people in room 411 as my husband and I stayed in 404. I called down to the desk and it still continued. Needless to say we were tired for our full day ahead of us on 3 different tours of Savannah.

The courteous staff!

We booked this property because of a great rate, same day. The site promised not to charge us until we got to the property. Then, under special conditions (which I could not find on the mobile site) said that cancellations require three days notice. So, I guess, I was going to be charged not matter what, but I could not find that 'special condition' until after I booked the room. That was deceitful. The rate was low, but we had to paid a $29/night parking charge. We found a parking space on the street which had signage thaat indicated we could park there, but hotel staff told us tht the only safe thing we could do was park with the hotel. They were ignorant of local parking laws. We felt like we had no choice. I have complained through the propoerty's website to management. A few days later I found this same "low rate, high parking" charge on a Booking.com room we booked in New Orleans. Now alerted, I found much cheaper parking nearby The Doubletree is a great place to stay in Savannah.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Rooms were spacious and comfortable. Pool and hot tub were great. Location (walking distance to everything we wanted to see) was excellent. Parked the car and didn't need it again before leaving. Pleasant stay.

Breakfast buffet was a little pricey at $17 per person

Clean, comfortable hotel. Great location withing walking distance of the river walk and many downtown restaurants, shops and parks.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and River View - Non-Smoking

There is nothing I didn't like.

The staff was exceptional. They made me feel so special. There was also an on site tour guide who helped us organize our sightseeing for the day.

• King Room with Sofa Bed and River View - Non-Smoking

There wasn't anything to dislike about the property. Parking was adequate and it was just within distance of everything fun to do

The professional staff and the warm cookies. 😁 Great location in walking distance to restaurants and great museums.

N/a

The valet parking and front desk personnel were awesome. Our room was clean and comfortable. Everyone was housekeeping to room service were polite and helpful.

When we arrived, Savannah was pouring. And the hotel started to reek. We were told that this was triggered by some construction nearby. But the smell was truly unbearable.

There is only one option, valet parking and the staff are great.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and River View - Non-Smoking

Valet crashed my car still waiting for hotel to contact me. Head valet (Dre) said 72hrs. So far no contact or follow up from hotel management. (6)days. Very dissapointing...

• King Room with Sofa Bed and River View - Non-Smoking

Received a text around noon, after checking out at 6AM, asking how my stay was going so far. You think they would also know that I was no longer there.

Bed was comfortable. Room was clean and beautifully decorated. Cool to receive a text after check in to see if everything was to satisfaction.

The traffic noise at night was disruptive for a light sleeper. I would suggest a light sleeper request a room away from Bay Street

Very nice room, excellent linens, second vanity was a nice bonus. the staff was exceptionally friendly The location was outstanding. We walked from the hotel all over old town Savannah

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and River View - Non-Smoking

I was a little upset that breakfast was an extra 10-12 dollars a person and that I was charged an extra fee after checking in that I was not told about before.

The beds slept amazing!!

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

The $30 required valet parking, but I get that parking is scarce, and I felt that my car was secure.Just real friendly people.

The concierge was the best.

N/a

The hotel was to me one of the best locations possible, there's no need to drive anywhere if you're just planning to see the historic downtown district or hang out and enjoy the shops on the riverfront.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

The water pressure was a little light. The only parking is valet $27/night. No Hilton honors credit if purchased through third party.

The location was excellent. The cleanliness of the hotel and it smelled awesome.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Forced valet parking. On the booking sight it says free parking. When you arrive. I was told they only have valet parking which will be added on to your bill. $27.00 all money saved by booking online, lost.

Convieneance.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Spectacular room most comfortable beds. Shower for two. Staff was a pleasure to deal with even notified me by messenger when my room was ready as we arrived early. Greeted us at front desk with a smile and chocolate chip cookies. Right down to detail perfect. Location at city square and bus Trolly pick up and river street

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

i ask for a nice view..none.... i ask for a bottom floor...was on top floor the toilet overflowed all over every time you flushed it....finally a maid came. there were people out in hall screaming in the middle of night. what i paid for this room was a rip off. it should have had a view and a kitchen for what i was charged. i will never use your site again. totally unexpectable.

the beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

breakfast buffet no pancakes and bacon was very overcooked

the atmosphere of the hotel and the room was extremely well appointed and very comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed

When we saw earplugs and a white noise machine in the room we knew trouble lay ahead and sure enough the street noise at night was LOUD all night long, even with the earplugs and white noise. There was no convenience shop in the hotel, we had to walk across the street to another hotel to get a bottle of water because the beverage dispensing machines on the guest floors were not working.

It was conveniently located within walking distance to everything we wanted to see. The staff and facility were excellent.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

I've been misled regarding the parking fee. My reservation states that parking is available and charges may apply. Upon my arrival I handed the key to the concierge and have not been informed about any charges. I've ultimately been charged $27 per night, which is extremely excessive rate for Savannah. Had I known, I would have parked across the street for $20 or on the street for $12. When I indicated it to the staff at check out, they didn't seem bothered and said that I didn't have to park with them. Quite smart, but not what I expected from Hilton.

Great hotel, great location

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

The street noise but there was a white noise machine and earplugs in the room

Outstanding service staff Excellent resteraunt Very comfortable and attention to detail was surprising

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

You are in town so you do hear noise at night. It is what it is.

The staff was always welcoming! They had bottled water at the front door. A fantastic idea with the hot summer days! The room was lovely. Close to everything. We walked everywhere. Not once did we need our car. They had happy hour in the lobby. Another nice touch to our visit. I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

The valet staff could use some training, or Doubletree could improve on how they handle their valet - I'm not sure which it is. My vehicle was moved after it was already parked and I don't feel that is necessary. The young man I questioned about it told me that it was moved because the vehicle in its place was more expensive than mine.. He was young and clearly doesn't know vehicle values because that was not the case. There were other vehicles still on the main deck that were valued much less than my new vehicle, and to add, some valued much more; nevertheless, that should not matter. You park a vehicle and don't move it unless the customer wants it. In addition, I told the young guy that he clearly didn't know what he was talking about because they just took a vehicle valued at about 40k more than my 50k one and parked it out in the lot and it was worth more than all the vehicles parked on the main deck. I told him that he should be sure of what he was talking about before letting things come out of his mouth to customers.

The location, the complimentary pour & water for the heat, the art displays and the smell was wonderful!!

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

The noisy road below

The hotel was beautiful. The room very nice with great bedding and amenities. The only problem we encounter was our room face a lovely room but the road below was noisy with traffic so sleeping was a problem. I didn't see the noise machine until the next morning so it may he helpful to leave it by the bedside table. They did give a a box of earplug which was nice

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Beautiful interior decoration with nice areas to sit and relax. The room decor is also luxurious. The addition of readily available tea and coffee was enjoyed.

Cookies. Get the cookies.

It was very convenient to lots of things

We didn’t get any cookies!!!

Customer service, cleanliness, location

Na

Staff look cation

Restaurant could be better

Smell of pulp and paper at night into room

Loved decor and location!

Air from a/c goes right to bed. Needs a deflector.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

One elevator wasn’t working.

Their was a billing issue but it was ultimately resolved correctly.

The cookies!!!

Parking was expensive

Great people

The coffee was always out

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The rsvp was for 4 people and the room was not stocked with supplies for 4 but for 2 and we had to continue asking for supplies for 4

Size of room too small for over 200 per night

Thin walls, loud neighbours.shower handle kept moving into hot position, making it unbearable for our kids.

Bed was super comfy

30.00 a night for parking

Everyone was so nice. Great location

View of street

Very comfortable and pleasant staff

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Parking is a bit too expensive.

Superb friendliness of the employees!!!

Lovely room, very helpful staff. Deja went above and beyond to assist with a missing reservation and a door lock that misbehaved.

Having to check out so soon.

Everything!

noisy room looked like it was sleeping in the middle of the street ridiculous

No microwave

The service and the cleanliness of the room and hotel

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Buffet was adequate - not as good as I've had in terms of choice, quality and temperature.

It was on a main road and noisy at night

Clean and convenient

• King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The Breakfast was Excellent!

Browse DoubleTree by Hilton Historic Savannah traveller photo gallery