Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Houston Intercontinental Airport This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

15747 John F Kennedy Boulevard, Houston, TX 77032, United States of America

#168 of 389 hotels in Houston

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

6.0
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Why did the Hotel include a card charge and extra charge reserve on credit card while the final bill was as it should have been. Expensive

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

It was a really affordable and comfortable stay.

There was an issue with my room door in which it wouldn’t shut entirely unless it was slammed shut upon entering and leaving.

There were plenty of amenities like a swimming pool, laundry room, and open all night bar for guests to enjoy.

• Reviewed: March 6, 2018

Overall the sea at the hotel most Pleasant. As I stated next time we will take uber and eat else whe
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The only negative I could say is after a long trip it took us over an hour for the shuttle to pick us up and there was miscommunication between two of the front desk ladies on where to meet the shuttle so that was very frustrating. Catherine gave us a $40 voucher for the restaurant the food was just okay and a free breakfast so that helped. Next time we will take an Uber instead of the shuttle as it's inconsistent.

Three rooms were nice and clean bed was comfortable spacious bathroom and I was happy to know there was a Starbucks in the hotel.

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

I would recommend this hotel when accommodations are needed near George Bush Airport
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very clean and comfortable, and there was enough lighting, which is so often not the case in hotels these days. Free shuttle to the airport was a plus.

• Reviewed: February 14, 2018

Great for an overnight in-between short turnaround flights.

Hated the coffee maker in the room. There is a phone in the airport to contact the hotel for shuttle service but no one ever answered. Ended up taking a cab.

Loved the bed and all the pillows.

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

Fantastic as alway.
    • Double Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

I'm cheap . Prices could be less.

The staff is excellent. The restaurant service in the Oakley is always very slow, but better this time. Food is good everywhere. The front desk and the banquet people are awesome. We have been having our educational conference here for 12 years. Everyone is very nice Elevators are fast.

• Reviewed: January 6, 2018

excellent but please MORE COFFEE
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

I wanted several cups of coffee in the room but only had two sachets of coffee and two tiny milk pots with no powder cream

i just like this hotel for the overall facilities and staff

• Reviewed: January 5, 2018

Good, but not great.

Breakfast buffet was overpriced and not well stocked. We weren't offered menus or told the cost in advance. There was no bacon available in the duration of eating breakfast. No coffee available on weekends except in Oakley's. We stayed over New Year's, it would have been nice if pork and sauerkraut would have been on the menu at Derreck's.

Proximity to airport, complimentary airport shuttle, fitness room, guest laundry, housekeeping did a great job and were friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: January 4, 2018

It was very comfortable and convenient. The value was very good.

There was no newspaper because of the holiday. No spare toothbrushes were available.

The staff were very helpful. The shuttle from the airport was extremely efficient.

• Reviewed: December 22, 2017

Modern rooms. Friendly staff.
    • Double Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Difficult to find hotel shuttle on arrival. Several shuttle parkings: 1 for hotels, 1 for parking, 1 for rental cars. With signs poiting in all directions on arrival. >> The hotel should have provided clear information in their bolling confirmation email and/or website.

Excellent staff. Free cookie on arrival (great! When travelling with kids) Airport shuttle frequncy 24/7 Modern room with fridge

• Reviewed: December 20, 2017

Convenient location close to the airport for easy access.

Public areas were too cold apart from the corridor on the Hilton HHonors floor. Our room was on this floor and this corridor was always at a perfect temperature, showing that they can get it right in some parts of the hotel.

Convenient location close to the airport for easy access. A guest self-service laundry in addition to the usual hotel service.

• Reviewed: November 24, 2017

Convenience for the airport.
    • Double Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Bar, restaurant and other public ares far too cold. It is ridiculous to be needing outdoor warm winter clothing which you remove as soon as you exit the building.

Convenience for the airport.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2017

A
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

There’s really no eateries close by, other than the hotel and it’s pricy!

Staff! From the front desk all the way to the shuttle driver, to the maintenance man!

• Reviewed: October 26, 2017

Very accommodating, nice & clean! The staff makes this a place I’ll come back to!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

1. Not really any places to eat very close, other than on property bar & restaurant 2. The price of soda & candy in the gift shop, if you can call it that?

The staff & clenliness

• Reviewed: October 24, 2017

Great location for catching an early flight! Would try it again

At check out I stated my only complaint was that the hot tub was cold. I was berated for not calling to inform them of the situation. I explained that I had a very short window of time to enjoy the hot tub so calling and waiting for it to be fixed wasn't an option. It isn't my job to make sure the hot tub is working properly. I didn't like the attitude.

The warm cookie at check in!! Bed was comfortable and really liked the view.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2017

Upgrade Upgrade

The staff was amazing! We were upgraded when we checked in and then found the tv was not working properly so they promptly upgraded us to a huge suite. I loved the fact they offered a shuttle service to the airport. It saved us time and money by using this service!

• Reviewed: June 4, 2017

Double Tree-Houston/Excellent Accommodations!

Breakfast facility staff inadequate.

The accommodations were excellent. The sports bar was great! The breakfast facility was relatively okay, but the staff there was not knowledgeable, about how to work out my breakfast order. I give the breakfast facility a "C".

• Reviewed: May 17, 2017

Great Place for a Good Night's Sleep

Buffet breakfast only on the weekend. Cafe bar had very limited hours of operation.

Nice, reasonably priced hotel near the airport. Staff are friendly, efficient and helpful. Perfect place to stay for an overnight connecting flight at IAH.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2017

Awesome

It kept getting hot. We would turn the AC down and it wouldnt cool down.

We slept like if we was at home. The breakfast was awesome and service. A variety of food to choice from.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2017

Airport Hub Hotel
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The restaurant is in a bar, and is pricy relative to a night's stay. Breakfast is not included with all options.

Bed is extremely comfortable bed with nice sheets.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2017

The best stay we have had at any accommadation anywhere in the world.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing (although it took a while to figure out how to get the normal TV channels via the remote).

I (and my wife) have stayed at all sorts of accommadation all over the world (and in most States) and I have never come across reception staff so helpful and friendly. I had to make two important phone calls and Maegan immediately asked who I needed to call and it turned out she knew someone at the shop and she called him. When it turned out they did not have what I wanted she then called another friend working in a similar shop - I could not believe it and really appreciated it. Then Mia helped with the other call I had to make and she dialled the number for me. When that didn't go through she then did a search for another number and that worked. And I had said that we had colds and both showed sympathy and Meagan went to get some lemon slices and teas and honey. I had said that my wife (Carolyn) had found one o her favourite TV programs to watch and Mia said it was also one of her favourites and when she meet Carolyn the next day she gave her a hug and said she hoped she felt better. Maegan and Mia could run training courses worldwide on how to run a reception (at all sorts of places from campgrounds, hostels, motels through to five star hotels). They made us feel like family. Also the staff and the food in the breakfast dining room were excellent. And the lounge room was comfortable and quiet as we waited for the complementry shuttle to the airport (that was another good thing about reception - when we arrived Carolyn asked about a late checkout and Megan said 2pm - many hotels would say midday). Everything was top notch. Now there are direct lights from Houston to New Zealand I will recommend Double Tree to anyone who is flying there. Actually it would be worth flying to Houston just to stay at Double Tree! Many thanks for a great experience. Stephen and Carolyn Taylor Auckland, New Zealand

• Reviewed: March 27, 2017

Perfect hotel near airport

More variety on the menu at the restaurant - but staff Nick went out of his way to make a vegetarian meal. Thank you!

The bed was super comfy and the room was very spacious and had nice light!

• Reviewed: March 13, 2017

This hotel is understaffed and under trained.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

It is a Sunday evening and I paid $99 for tonight travelling from Central America to Canada with a medical emergency. Now they want $268 for one more night and they have what's called a 'Care line' on their phones in the rooms, yet they have no access to any medical assistance. I wasn't asking for a surgeon to show up at my room but perhaps a clinic they had an affiliation with. The person at the desk at 11 PM on a Sunday is unqualified and inapt.

• Reviewed: January 14, 2017

Doubletree is not safe both inside and out.
    • Double Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The cleaning person stole clothing from my closet. Staff have not cooperated with investigating or returning my calls. An armed robbery of a guest in front of the hotel after our arrival. Area feels very unsafe. Will not return and try to avoid the U.S. Altogether in traveling. Will post our experience wherever possible on social media

• Reviewed: January 11, 2017

My son mentioned he liked the cookie.
    • Deluxe Double Room Non-Smoking

Had a bad experience with the shuttle. From the airport called hotel and was told to 'go upstairs' to get the shuttle. Noticed the shuttle was downstairs, hurried down but missed it. Came again, but my son had already gone inside to call back. They had been waiting a very long time. My daughter loaded her large suitcase on the shuttle and tried to tell driver her brother was inside calling hotel again. The shuttle took off with her suitcase which was of course unlocked!! Finally another shuttle came which was packed (it seems there were a lot of flight cancellations). When they arrived at the hotel her bag was just sitting there unsecured. I don't think guests should ever be told to go upstairs to get the shuttle. I booked the hotel but my 2 children (19 and 23) were the guests.

My son mentioned he liked the cookie. And the bed was very nice.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2016

It hould have been better

My room was not available well after check-in time. When ever I tried to reach front desk the phone ALWAYS rang busy. Any request I had we had to wait for long extended periods to resolve. We requested a blanket, more pillows...had to call more than once and could not get through to the front desk. Had to call room service to get assistance. The staff seemed to think that offering me more cookies would assuage my inconvenience.

• Reviewed: November 2, 2016

Overall the stay was not bad. Rooms were clean & the staff was pleasant and accomodating.

Receptale for the microwave did not work. Roads around the hotel were bumpy and needed work.Sink in the bathroom had a drip. Not enough free movie channels.

Room was kind of small, no free continental breakfast. Not a lot to do in the Lobby area.

• Reviewed: October 20, 2016

The Best and Only Place to stay while in Houston Texas!!

I especially liked the cookies that you handed out while checking in and i also especially liked the employee Megan.. she was absolutely awesome and made you feel very welcome as soon as you walked in the door . I also liked the wonderful scent you piped into the lobby very very nice

• Reviewed: August 20, 2016

Thankful for the sleep in- check was 12

Everything was great! The cheeseburger I had was phenomenal

I was on my own and My flight was switched to the following day so i needed somewhere to stay overnight. My Mum booked this from NZ and it was so easy. The shuttle guy was so nice he found out that my flight was not till 10pm at night and got the hotel extend my check out to 2pm!

• Reviewed: August 4, 2016

Pricey but good customer service
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel was in the perfect location but was way over priced mainly because the Jr Olympics were in town. However, the pool and customer service was great.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

excellent. will stay with you when i return to houston.
    • Deluxe Double Room Non-Smoking

all was very nice - front desk very helpful and responsive

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

a little piece of heaven
    • Double Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

That I could not live here all the time. :)

love love love the bed , the people are polite and friendly and the food delicious .

• Reviewed: March 23, 2018

It was clean and comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room Non-Smoking

It was clean and comfortable. A very nice hotel and convenient to the airport. I love that it has a 24 hour airport shuttle.

• Reviewed: March 23, 2018

It was beautiful

To have stayed longer

We spent our honeymoon there 29 years ago , and it was still in awesome condition , modern and very comfortable

• Reviewed: February 27, 2018

It would be nice to have some bottled water in the room .
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

It would be nice to have some bottled water in the room .😊

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

Unfriendly staff and uncomfortable room
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room remained hot regardless of the thermostat controls. The shower fixtures were detaching from the wall, scary

Location, easy to get to

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

Great stay

The cafe closed early.

The cookies at check-in!

• Reviewed: February 16, 2018

Free parking/airport shuttle. Comfortable bed

1st room i had room was hot poor a/c

Comfortable bed & shuttle to airport

• Reviewed: February 13, 2018

Not a great experience overall

The airport shuttle wasn't running - which was the whole reason for booking at this particular property. People actually missed their flights!

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

Poor a/c
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

A/c did not work well at all

Shuttle and free parking

• Reviewed: February 1, 2018

Helpful staff

Clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: January 28, 2018

Great overnight stay, great value.

The pillows were amazing. Staff was excellent.

• Reviewed: January 21, 2018

Friendly staff.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Heating unit a little noisy.

Friendly staff. Comfortable room.

• Reviewed: January 20, 2018

Close to airport, shuttle bus
    • Double Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Not good quality for money

Close to airport, shuttle bus

• Reviewed: January 19, 2018

Very nice room

Slow internet... unless paid

Room size

• Reviewed: January 1, 2018

We had an unexpected missed connection in Houston and had to stay overnight. This hotel was perfect

It was very nice and the staff was vet accommodating.

• Reviewed: December 21, 2017

when in Houston, I'll stay there again.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

on site restaurant & lounge-- comfortable bed--clean room & bathroom--friendly staff-- good location--close to airport.

• Reviewed: December 13, 2017

Double Tree Hotel
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

pay to leave car for the week

food was gr8. convenious

• Reviewed: November 21, 2017

Wonderful site and location

The Location, Cleanliness, etc

• Reviewed: November 19, 2017

Room, comfort, shuttle.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Could have included breakfast.

Room, comfort, shuttle.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2017

Great place!

No headphone for exercise equipment. A little trouble getting wifi to work.

Exercise room. Cookies

• Reviewed: November 5, 2017

Went well overall..

The normal Room Price

A small Business Centre for personal printing

• Reviewed: October 27, 2017

I spent most of it vomiting. What else do you want me to say?
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room service turkey burger

I got food poisoning from their turkey burger. I will never go back there again.

• Reviewed: October 26, 2017

Restaurant & Bar on sight !
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Restaurant & Bar on sight !

• Reviewed: October 19, 2017

Easy to and from work area. Great

n/a

• Reviewed: September 2, 2017

O

O

• Reviewed: August 31, 2017

Didn't like the pool the hotel itself is old.

Didn't like the pool the hotel itself is old. The trash cans outside full of trash.

• Reviewed: August 18, 2017

Value for money

better advice how to have the shuttle pick up at the airport.

Short distance to the airport

• Reviewed: August 11, 2017

The AC was not working or all doors were propped open making...
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The AC was not working or all doors were propped open making the hall extremely hot

• Reviewed: July 29, 2017

Super
    • Double Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Cannot think of anything specifically.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2017

unhelpful receptionists

• Reviewed: May 27, 2017

Trust this place
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

A unit can't be set at desire temperature... Sucks!

• Reviewed: May 23, 2017

First Impression

NA

The environment was clean and the front desk employees were very welcoming and professional.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2017

Air conditioner made alot of noise

• Reviewed: March 3, 2017

Straight of the highway and.close to George Busch International
    • Deluxe Double Room Non-Smoking

The pillows are not great need four if you like a firm pillow.

So. Close to the airport nice pool area. Good eats around the Hotel

• Reviewed: February 24, 2017

Pleasant and helpful staff

Pretty hard to identify anything that needed changing.

All staff were very pleasant and helpful

• Reviewed: February 11, 2017

quick and reasonable taxi support by all

great help from Carlos for getting around

• Reviewed: February 6, 2017

Convienent comfortable hotel although expensive

Robbed over price on the Friday night, should have moved elsewhere - Hotel very tired needs a revamp, but rooms very comfortable

• Reviewed: February 3, 2017