Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City 3 stars

455 Washington Boulevard, Jersey City, NJ 07310, USA

#17 of 77 hotels in Jersey City

6.2

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

the hotel 5 minutes walk to newport metro station , (...
    • Junior Double Suite

the hotel 5 minutes walk to newport metro station , ( orange line to Newyork city ) , the location of the hotel is great , all the resturants and a mall is in walking distance

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Our stay was excellent, we had a great weekend- thank you!!
    • Junior Double Suite

Maybe a bluetooth speaker in the room and possibly a little bit of a stronger light.

We loved our stay! Everyone was super friendly and every process was easy for this trips. Cookies were delicious!

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Comfortable & pleasant place to stay for easy access to Manhattan
    • Premium Double Suite with View - Non-Smoking

One use plastic cups for coffee/tea in rooms. Breakfast just ok.

Extremely comfortable beds. Spacious room. No disturbance from other guests. Good location for restaurants & Path & ferries to New York

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

• Junior Queen Suite

The price should of included the free breakfast Website says $17.00 while onsite in person the price is $21.00 per person for the continental breakfast. Had to be upgraded to another room

Comfortable stay and the staff was very helpful and cordial. Thank you

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Comfortable place
    • Junior King Suite

Although we put the "don't disturb" sign on the door, we returned to see the room cleaned. The staff did not respect our privacy. Despite our following the hotel's advice to put reusable towels on the rack, every towel was changed by housekeeping staff. Don't just say you are environmentally friendly; practice it.

The junior suite was clean and spacious.

Double Tree Jersey City
    • Junior King Suite

On check in (Sep 16th around 1830) the lady on the front desk that dealt with us was, not really a people person and was not very welcoming, it was one of those guests are a nuisance type of encounters. All other staff were excellent !

Hotel met all expectations, Valet staff were excellent and check out staff were excellent.

I came to the Double Tree on a holiday weekend after staying...
    • Junior Queen Suite

I came to the Double Tree on a holiday weekend after staying multiple times before. I had to ask the front desk 5 times for my room to be cleaned and we waited 1.5 hours for 3 drinks to be delivered to the room. I didn’t get the wifi password sent to me until the following day, main elevator was broken throughout my stay and overall I felt my complaints were not dealt with as they should have been.

Aug 2018 stay.
    • Junior Double Suite

High parking prices. However, valet service was quick and easy.

Comfortable and large room (upgraded to top floor with view of NY), lovely staff, great location with easy access to light rail and ferry.

Nice hotel pity about other guests

Very noisy from other guests fighting in corridors. Bad language uptown 1am. Security not very effective in dealing with problem

Comfy rooms but rather small bed for two people

Beautiful room!
    • Junior Queen Suite - Mobility Accessible

Staff could have been more helpful. Didn't know about the shuttle until I read about it in a tiny book in the room. Never went above and beyond. Asked for help getting a luggage cart and was just shrugged off. While they were using it to stock water.

Beautiful room!

Enjoyable stay close to points of interest
    • Junior Queen Suite

I found the cost of the hotel to be a little high and it was difficult to find a reasonable place to eat in the evening when you do not know the area. Jersey city is difficult to get into and out of but that is not the Hotels fault

The rooms were a good size. and the boardwalk just outside the hotel was enjoyable for walking.

The rooms were big and spacious.
    • Premium Double Suite with View - Non-Smoking

We booked a room with front view over Manhattan. When we arrived the room wasn’t available but we got free breakfast and parking as compensation. However, the quality of the breakfast was horrible except for the fresh fruit bowl. My wife and I just wondered how a cook can „rape“ food in this way.

The rooms were big and spacious. The view over Manhattan was also great although we had a room with sideview. The bed was excellent. We used the complementary shuttle service to the peer. Very convenient! We called when we left Manhattan (5 min ride) and the shuttle was already waiting on us.

The bed was very comfortable and every thing was nice and...
    • Junior Queen Suite - Mobility Accessible

The refrigerator was broken. So we couldnt keep our snacks and juices cold

The bed was very comfortable and every thing was nice and clean. There were no smells. The hotel was close to the mall and to the Path Train. This was helpful in going to Newark to Amtrak and to New York city

• Junior Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Great safe location in Jersey City right across the Hudson! Only a few miles from NYC. Saturday evening in bad traffic took about 35mins to get to Times Square by Uber. Very nice room & wonderful staff. Parking is $25 per day or valet for $30.

OUTSTANDING Trip with family to go see Hamilton and spend days in NYC
    • Junior Queen Suite - Mobility Accessible

Outstanding location permitting access to NYC via PATH train and easy two blocks away; there is a real character at Hotel check in who negotiates with you about the number of Chocolate cookies you must take for family (she might even take one for herself!}. Outstanding valet parking staff (also a big plus for NYC not having to deal with the hassle of NYC traffic (I am 82 and grew up in NJ and learned to drive here etc.)

Would not stay there again for that kind of money.
    • Junior Queen Suite

The rooms were very small. Had a queen suite for 3 people but there was no pull out sofa in the room. Was told the queen suites did not come with a sofa. So where does the 3rd person sleep? Had to get a rollaway which may have been an extra charge but since I was not happy I did not get charged for. The elevators were not working properly. Only one worked at the time and it would stop on every floor on the way up and down. Was surprised had to pay for parking. And the only coffee is in the room unless you want to buy coffee at the restaurant and wait for it to open. Did not have enough cream for the coffee (only 2 for 3 people) so I went and asked the front desk for more and they had none.

Proximity and room presentation

Comfortable and great location!
    • Junior Double Suite

Breakfast was not included and it was very expensive. We went to a coffee shop the next day.

Great room: very spacious, clean, comfortable beds, great shower. Good location: pleasant 10 minute walk to the Path train will take you directly to the World Trade Center or 33rd street in Manhattan. We also walked to Hoboken (30 minute walk). Lots of good restaurants and a shopping mall nearby. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Extremely happy guest
    • Junior Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

This was by far one of the best hotel experiences that I have ever had. Doubletree suites by Hilton in Jersey City have the best staff with superior customer service. The rooms were renovated clean and I was very happy and comfortable .

Short but sweet

When it was time to get dressed with my bridesmaids and having space for makeup artist and hair stylist, we lacked space and outlets for blow drys and such. Thank god I had a great team and we were able to work through the lack of space and i was able to make it to my wedding on time.

Front desk service was amazing. When I was told that the double sweet I booked months before my wedding was not available I almost freaked out. But the front desk did everything in their power to make us (my mother and two junior bridesmaids).

Comfy suite not far from PATH to NYC
    • Junior Double Suite

We picked a junior double suite since it was the only reasonably priced option in the area with 3 beds in one room (traveling with my roommate and my younger sister and we didn't want to share a bed) - but that meant one was a sofa bed, which wasn't that comfortable. It was a bit of a walk to the PATH station - very reasonable, but after a long day walking around NYC, we wished we'd chosen a closer hotel!

We stayed in a lovely 12th floor suite with side city views. The beds were comfy and the room was large. Everything was perfectly clean. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the hotel is in a nice area.

The staff was great, the room was quiet, clean and...
    • Junior Queen Suite

The staff was great, the room was quiet, clean and comfortable. The location was very convenient with the light rail nearby and NY waterway ferry a short walk away, we didn’t even need to move our car. We went bike riding in Liberty State Park, and NY Central Park. Had dinners in Hoboken, then walked along the Hudson looking at the lit NY skyline. We had a great weekend

It was okay but I would never go back.
    • Junior Queen Suite

You can hear others in other rooms while sleeping and you can hear the elevator very loudly. And also I requested high floor and was on a lower level.

Clean room, Great Location, Easy access to the metro to get into NYC.
    • Junior King Suite

They get you on the parking here, be sure to factor in another $28 a day in parking charges. It's even more expensive if you valet, I opted to self park. The last time I stayed at this hotel the night front desk staff was not the greatest and could not find my reservation, it looks like they fixed that at least.

Great location if you want to just ride the train into the city and spend time there. This was my second time staying here and this time check in was breeze, they found my reservation quickly and gave me my warm Cookies! The room was clean and comfortable. You can't beat the price for the area and ease of access to NYC VIA public transit.

Manhattan suite view without the Manhattan price tag. Good location, good sized accomodation.
    • Premium Double Suite with View - Non-Smoking

I would have liked to have been able to pay at the hotel rather than having cc debited day before. I had $ left that i could have used to settle up.

We were given a complimentary breakfast due to delayed room readiness. Good selection of food but unfortunately the warming plates weren't on so cold food. Hence 😐 Location good for PATH into NYC and Newport Mall. If you're prepared to walk local eateries quite a walk away. Mall has a food court.

The breakfast was amazing, the rooms were modern and...
    • Junior Double Suite

Our room type had been overbooked so we ended up in a smaller room. Brought t to the attention of the manager however and we were refunded the difference in the rate and free breakfast so we were happy with that.

The breakfast was amazing, the rooms were modern and comfortable and ours had a good view of downtown manhattan

Great hotel, great people
    • Junior King Suite

I booked this hotel at booking.com. There was a daily special price at the time of the booking. When I turned up in the hotel I was told that my booking didn't come through. So actually they were not waiting for me, but luckily they still had free room and they were very cooperative after I explained my situation. They ended up giving me the same room for the booking.com booked price. Special thank you to Rasid at the reception. I was very upset with booking.com. But very satisfied with Hilton service. My stay was great. The room was nice and clean. The extra large bed was perfect for us. The mattress was comfortable I had very relaxing sleeps in it. I got cold so the coffee maker was also great providing hot water for my tea every day. In the fridge we kept some foods too. And we were really thankful for the safe box. The stored cash and documents in it. Thank you for everything!

I don't recommend to the stay.
    • Junior Queen Suite

Staff is not friendly. No internet in the room in this time of internet age. They charge $10 per night.

Location is ok. It is 5 minutes walk from the station.

Best staging area for a NYC experience downtown
    • Junior Double Suite

Parking is expensive but im sure it's the same for all places along seaside area.

Value for money and the close proximity to NYC. Harborside Ferry to NYC is only a 12 min walk.

Room was fine but breakfast was below standard
    • Junior Queen Suite

The breakfast is awful, often things were out, severely understaffed for breakfast, Food was cold - not good.

Location is convenient. Close to Manhattan.

BEST CHRISTMAS EVERY!!!
    • Junior Double Suite

Nothing. Everything was perfect!!!

The entire Staff was Amazing!!! They Took very good care of us and checked in via text messages to see if everything was OK. If you liked our room and how our stay was going. Will Stay here anytime I visit Jersey City, NJ. And will also make the Double Tree / Hilton my primary hotel choice when traveling anywhere. Thanks Booking.com

Overall, it was a nice stay and we'll be back.
    • Junior Queen Suite - Mobility Accessible

NEED SOFTER PILLOWS. I have stayed at other Hilton properties where the pillows feel like clouds. I missed that here. Pacific Coast brand... The water pressure could have been more forceful. We received a towel from housekeeping that had a stain on it. (Boo). The self parking was expensive and there was limited parking nearby, on the street.

I like the layout of the suite. The full length mirror in the bedroom and the separate TVs for bedroom and suite was perfect. The mattress was very comfortable. The sofabed mattress was also comfortable. The room was clean, smelled pleasant, and was spacious. The lobby and the bar area were nice. The cookies were delicious. Nice touch!

The facility was good location for those looking to visit...
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The facility was good location for those looking to visit NYC. It was also close to the New Port Mall and walking distance to the Newport Path subway. Overall happy with the service and room.

Beautiful, Renovated Hotel in Great Location
    • Junior King Suite

The breakfast is only buffet with no option to order from menu

Beautiful, renovated hotel in great location near Path train to NYC. Large, comfortable rooms. Room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. There is a bar where one can get a nightcap and a bite to eat.

The room was completely outdated

The room was completely outdated

The room was outdated it was supposed to be a sweet there was no television in the living room the chair was broken for the desk it was extremely overly priced and I’m a Hilton rewards member and I’m extremely disappointed with my last stay

Convenient to the City. Great views. Super Staff!
    • Premium Double Suite with View - Non-Smoking

Last morning has a hot water issue - but it was remedied.

The staff was great. Helpful with directions, suggestions and in all other areas. The gals at the front desk were great! Christian the bartender was also super!

All in all it was an amazing hotel
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I didn't like the fact that we were never informed that the Breakfast was not Complimentary. We asked if Breakfast was available and was told yes but they never told us that a vouture was needed or that a hiltons honors membership would be required for free Breakfast. So we ate and got charged for Breakfast, if we would have been properly informed we would of had ate eles where

The room size, the staff, and the location was perfect. The hotel was very well maintained and staffed, if there was anything that you needed it was immediately addressed. Would definitely be staying here again

Good location and clean room.
    • Junior Queen Suite

room is little bit smaller than expected, though in comparison to Manahattan, we have to accept it.

Room is clean. View from window is good. We had several proble, such as refregirator was not cool enough, light was off, however always technician Roy came quickly and fixed them quickly. In addition, he was kind enough to fix our self photo taking device. I really appreciate his kind attitude and services.

Not the greatest customer service but nice clean room.
    • Junior Queen Suite

Front desk staff was not the greatest. Especially the night staff. When checking in, they could not find my reservation I made nearly a month in advance. It was made with Booking.com, a website in which I have booked 100's of hotels in the US, Europe, and South America. Never had an issue once. They asked me for a confirmation number since my name was not bringing anything up in their computer. I provided my booking.com confirmation number which as it happens is not Hilton's confirmation number. So now I have to get on the phone with booking.com and wait on hold for 20 minutes to get the correct confirmation number so the front desk staff can find my reservation. I give the front desk person my Hilton confirmation number that booking.com provided and low and behold she finds me instantly with the correct last name. Why they couldn't simply find it with my last name in the first place I don't know. They just kept blaming it on the fact that I booked via a third party.

Clean room, nice room size, nice big screen TV, microwave, mini fridge, and a safe included in the room. The bathroom and the view of the city were awesome as well.

Hotel was OK and is good for a city trip of NY when your are willing to travel from New Jersey
    • Junior Double Suite

We booked a (Junior) Suite with 2 Queen-size beds and a couch for 3 persons. The suite was disappointingly small and had only one room. The information on booking.com was misleading since the suite was offered for 6 persons (at max), we expected at least two separated rooms. We searched for an accommodation including breakfast, but finally after booking breakfast was in addition by 17$ p.p. -- All together: disenthraling

Mediocre at best
    • Junior Double Suite

Cons: Insufficient supplies of coffee, tea, creamers, cups and stirrers for the number of people staying. Even when specially requested, we weren't given adequate amounts. The bathroom needs some way to hang one's own clothes while showering. There was plenty of wall space for hooks or a rack. Air conditioner was very noisy. Staff was friendly, but not terribly on the ball. I made arrangements for a car to the airport that was never logged in. If I hadn't doulblechecked the day before, we would have had no transport. Beds were comfortable, but pillows a bit too soft for my liking. I have been to much nicer Doubletree properties.

Pros: Staff was friendly, but see cons remarks. Beds were comfortable, but see cons remarks. Close to PATH station.

Awesome location, great value for money.
    • Junior Double Suite

Nothing that I can think of.

The location is prime..very good. safe neighborhood. BJ's is just across the street. This place is 3 min walking from the Newport Path. The hotel even offers a courtesy shuttle to distances up to 1 mile.

Nice, clean and very accessible, close to the mall and light rail transit.
    • Junior Queen Suite

We stayed at the room beside the elevator, and we could hear the elevator door closing, they could have installed better sound proofing to rooms beside the elevators.

the bed was comfy and clean.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Solid hotel, with outstanding breakfast.
    • Junior Queen Suite

Although I requested an invoice during check-in, check-out and even via fax and phone after my visit, I did not get it after now 10 days. Very disappointing.

Great breakfast. Good location and the rooms in the higher floors are really nice.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

I would recommend this hotel for its convenience if you are sightseeing in NYC.
    • Junior Double Suite

The restaurant in the hotel was very expensive especially for breakfast $22 for each person was beyond our budget .

The staff was so friendly and helpful we would recommend this hotel just for this alone. The staff would go out of their way to accommodate any request we asked.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

YOU DONT ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR...
    • Junior Double Suite

I've never been to a hotel where only dome of the guests are offered free breakfast with their stay and others pay additional fees. I couldn't believe there was a bottle of water with a $5.00 label on it. At a cost $169.00 per night this place was EXTREMELY disappointin. They offer cookies upon check-in but the cookies are stale. I offer valet parking for an additional fee or self-park at no charge but to my surprise and dimay i received a separate charge for almost $30 on my credit card for parking. I just felt I was being nickled and dimed for everything.and being charged for common courtesy. Im sorry to report the once renowned doubletree which was once noted and celebrated for its quality customer care, is now known for its lack of service and poor facility maintenance & lack of care.

I dislike a deception. I don't like it when staff members are condedcending and work hard at not working.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Everything was incredibly clean, comfortable, and spacious.
    • Junior King Suite

The hotel didn't offer free water;The Poland spring bottles in the room were $5 each.

Everything was incredibly clean, comfortable, and spacious. I would definitely stay here again. We even got complimentary cookies (and they were warm!)

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

The beds were comfortable

Very noisy location. Train running constantly past our window & building work going on outside. Needless to say we got very little sleep!

The beds were comfortable

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

The cookie is pretty good.
    • Junior Queen Suite

The should be my worst experience of a hotel so far. We stayed in a room right opposite of the elevator. What was worse, the room has an extra back door connecting to the staff room. We can clearly hear what they talked. And they talked very loud until midnight. The sound proof of the room is extremely poor, We can hear every possible conversation when elevator door open&closing. And during the night, there were crossroad alarm every 5-10 mins. We guess it's a railroad or train trek nearby. Worse, We can feel and hear Something moving by like someone is dragging a big troller every 5-10mins. That night we can't sleep til 2-3pm. Unfortunately, the next day is my wedding ceremony.

The cookie is pretty good. And front desk is helpful and responsive.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Service, shuttle, room
    • Junior King Suite with Seating Area

Restaurant too expensive, noisy because of railroad and construction

Service, shuttle, room

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

good, but only that to sleep
    • Junior King Suite with City View

the prices at the bar , $38 by Gold Label ... is too much !!!

interior room design

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Perfect
    • Junior Queen Suite

Spacious room with very comfortable bed.

Location next to Path.

Location next to Path. Good service

Location great New, clean and attentive staff

Nothing - a great stay

Location great New, clean and attentive staff

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Everything was amazing and that included the stay and the...
    • Junior King Suite

Everything was amazing and that included the stay and the location.

Comfortable stay
    • Corner King Suite with Sofa Bed

Polite staff, wonderful room

The room was larger than expected.
    • Junior Queen Suite

The room was larger than expected.

High Quality hotel - under rated in Booking.
    • Junior Double Suite

High Quality hotel - under rated in Booking.com. Great for family.

A very good stay

No free parking available

Location was perfect and close of public transportation and restaurants

I loved my stay. Will be looking at Double Tree properties in the future.

Great value!

the location is good

no breakfast included.

location is good. It's close to Path station. Only 2 stops to World trade centre.

Self park was 25.
    • Junior Double Suite

Self park was 25.00, which was ok but to put a 3.75 city parking fee on top of that I think is terrible..

Location was great!
    • Junior Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Mobility Accessible

Location was great!!

Room was great
    • Junior King Suite with City View

Elevetors worked randomly .. valet and concierge not helpfull

Room was great

The loud noises from the construction work early in the...
    • Junior King Suite with Seating Area

The loud noises from the construction work early in the morning

Thanks!
    • Junior Queen Suite

No AC when we first arrived. and the parking garage

It was a Good stay. No major complaints.

Newport in general!

Newport in general! Wonderful location

Wonderful
    • Junior Queen Suite

Earlier checking in time.

Bed was very comfortable.

Location and cleanliness.
    • Junior Queen Suite - Mobility Accessible

Location and cleanliness. Rooms were spacious.

• Junior King Suite

Shuttle to airport is missing

Staff friendly location is best with easy access to mall, grocery store path trains and Restaurants

Had to pay for breakfast because cheaper hotel gives it to...
    • Junior King Suite with City View

View could have been better

Had to pay for breakfast because cheaper hotel gives it to you free

Location, price, cleanness.
    • Junior Queen Suite

Location, price, cleanness.. everything was so perfect!

Kischa from the Bronx
    • Junior King Suite with Seating Area

Everything it is just a wonderful place to stay the staff is great.

great place I would come again

all accomendations

I'd stay here again.

Nothing to improve on!

Location, ease of parking

Really enjoyed my stay at the hotel
    • Junior Double Suite

Spacious room, location and value for money