Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Little Rock 3 stars

424 West Markham Street, Little Rock, AR 72201, USA

#27 of 58 hotels in Little Rock

The property was perfect for our stay. Nice view of the downtown sky line. Out back of the hotel was great view of Arkansas River.

We enjoyed every thing about our stay. It was convenient to the Robinson Center for the Musical we attended.

The shower curtain was not long enough and water poured out every where. The outlet in bathroom not safe pushed in and all other outlet didn’t hold my phone charger tight at all so it didn’t change. No bags in trash cans and lavender shampoo I was allergic. Pool dirty.

Staff and Harvey the shuttle guy was amazing . Beds clean and comfy. Area of town was awesome very cool to walk around.

Beds are terrible. Pillows are flat. We’re out of cookies because they sold them all at the Lion King event next door instead of saving them for guests.

The fact that the kitchen does not provide 24 hour service. If you come back to the hotel after 11pm when the kitchen stops serving, you will have to venture back out in town to find something to eat which can be challenging as everything in Arkansas basically closes at 10 or 12 limiting your options. Also the pillows were small compared to such a large bed.

Bed was very comfortable, food was of good quality and the overall feel of the hotel was very nice. Extra points for the location of the room, my room was located on the 8th floor and was facing the Arkansas river which provided some very nice view of Dickey Stephens Park and other locations on the North side of the river.

The hotel was lovely, however when we searched on booking.com we specifically filtered by indoor pool as this was the one accommodation that our children wanted. This double tree was included in the search and it indicated an indoor pool. There is no indoor pool at this double tree. I think booking.com should make sure your filters work.

• Two Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff was rude and would not get us blankets for the pull out sofa. Our checkin was delayed by 2 hours and they did not provide a rollaway bed that I requested at the time of reservation and was told it would be in my room.

View

Our service at the restaurant was absolutely terrible. It took 15 mins. to get our drinks, over an hour to get our food, had to ask two different managers for sauces and drinks. I was very, very unhappy with the service and the quality of the food. Nobody apologized for our wait or tried to make it right.

The bed was comfortable, location was great, free shuttle, secure parking

The hotel seems to be an older hotel that is remodeled with the Double Tree name, I’ve stayed in a lot of Double Tree hotels and this one was the worst. The staff at the front desk and restaurant was extra nice but the hotel was dirty. I visited the lobby bathroom upon arriving at the hotel to check in and there was blood on one of the toilets and the floor. I chose to wait till I arrived at my room. There was not a refrigerator or microwave in the room at all. I went back to the lobby restroom the next morning after working out in the rather small workout room for the size of the hotel and the blood was still on the toilet and it had the wet floor sign on the floor as if the bathroom had just been cleaned. It was very much noticeable as soon as you walk in the restroom and was not taken care of by the staff that cleans the restroom.

The property is in a good location for the downtown area. Walking distance to a lot of attractions. The restaurant had good food.

Our room wasn't ready. Check in was 3 and they didn't let us in until 5. The staff was very vague about it. At first they told us that they were out of keys. Then that our room wasn't ready. Their policy stated that they will make it right, but all they did was offer is a poorly made drink. The restaurant was a joke. To get service you had to beg people to come to your table. Will not be staying there again.

Room was hot!! Set the thermometer to cool and 65 degrees and unless the ac was actually running, the room was too warm for comfortable sleeping.

Front desk attendant, Shannon, was awesome in getting our room changed after we noticed something dripping from the ceiling in the bathroom. Also, security guard, Sherad, was wonderful in helping us locate lost iPhone charger.

These are double edge challenges - Room smelled of fresh paint - loved the remodel Shower door popped like it was coming off the hinges- loved the shower stall without the tub No hot water in the a.m. shower.

Rooms remodeled, clean and fresh. Shower instead of a shower/tub combo. 12th Floor EVS staff was super friendly!!!

This was the weekend of the Little Rock Marathon. I believe the facility should be aware of this yearly event and help arrange later check outs for those athletes participating in this event

Terrible staff. They did not honor my late check out which booking.com had confirmed. The room was not ready at 6 pm so I could not check in. We had to move to another hotel. Worst hotel ever.

Make sure you bring food for breakfast unless you're willing to pay $23.50 for a cup of cereal and a hot tea. Do NOT purchase anything from their "Made Market" (their quick stop for snacks). The cup of "Cinnamon Toast Crunch" cereal, a tiny bottle of milk for the cereal (which was expired and unusable) and a cup of hot water with 1 tea bag cost me $23.50! I did call them and dispute what they charged me...and I'm happy that they credited me back $15.50 of that purchase. Of course, nothing is marked with prices...so they can rip you off! Ridiculous!

Rooms are very comfortable and clean. Great location for events at the convention center.

Raw chichen in the dinning room, toilet seat was broken, shower curtain was broken, outlet in bathroom broken and $100.00 deposit taken out of account and it was never discussed.

Bed was comfortable.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The lack of certain amenities, such as no fridge or microwave in room. No hotel parking..the shower bench pointed down causing a difficult shower.

We liked that it was within walking distance from many of the places we wanted to visit.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

price, a little pricey ! Specially the restaurant , 50 $ For regular breakfast for one adult and two kids is borderline ! The access to the hotel lobby for the unfamiliar is a little difficult, but overall we had a pleasant stay.

everything

Could not understand check in person. Not able to speak English well and did not follow trough on wake up call which caused me to Be late for work. Ice machine not working. No sign.

Comfortable bed

Never received a receipt. Wasn’t able to get room service due to inadequate staffing. Waited in hotel restaurant for 25 minutes without service while two larger groups that sat down after us were waited on.

Very clean, newer.

• King Room with Balcony

The room smelled musty and was small. The pillows were tiny and went flat when you put your head on them. The hotel billed me too much and I am trying to get my money back and were very rude when I called to question them. Luckily, booking.com is handling it for me, you guys rock! They charge for parking which is not disclosed upon booking, if you park in the parking garage (pretty much the only place to park).

We were on the top floor and had a balcony. The view was amazing.

Our trip was too short to really see what Little Rock has to offer. We hope to return in the future.

We were in town for a wedding. The hotel was close to the church and reception facility. Our room was on an upper floor with a nice view of the city. Public parking is located next to the hotel and it was nice to be able to get to your car when you needed it.

The elevators were slow and crowded due to one being out of order but the sign said it was to upgrade them so I wouldn't hold this against them.

The cookies!

Only 1 elevator was working during our stay and there was a local bike event which caused a long wait.

Good location, breakfast was good. Offered a free local shuttle. Big room with a fantastic view

Aircon is really noisy. We were double charged for our stay which was an error. Mistakes happen but the customer service was terrible, passed around from voicemail to voicemail, promises made that people would call us back but were never kept. Took a week of chasing and a complaint to the Doubletree Group before someone dealt with the issue. The hotel is ok - they need to work on how they resolve complaints though. Very poor.

Nice room, offered fresh cookies on arrival. Had good facilities although we didn't get to try them out. Seems set up more for business travel than tourists.

Elevators are being updated.

Great place to stay downtown. Very good breakfast and complementary transportation within 5 miles. In that area that is it a world of great choices. Our room had beautiful river view.

• King Room with Balcony

They put me in a small room with my family a 1 year old and 5 year old after realizing that the room was not the room I reserved I went to front desk and the moved us to another room with no help we had to move our own stuff and half our stay was over I am calling them today

clean restaurants bell man

Not being lied to at check-in. Was over billed $215.38. Locked up my bank accounts on arrival because of their hidden fees. I had no way to access funds for food durring the time of my stay. The manager comped 1 dinner and 1 breakfast for my troubles. I was there for 4 days. Service was extremely slow. Over all very bad experience. I was not the only person who was hit with the hidden charges. I checked in on the 12th of June and today is the 16th and my account is still not straight.

Had to take stairs from the 11th floor when I didn't have 15 minutes to wait for one. Toilet took 10 minutes to fill, all rooms were like that from what our group said. King room was very small. Air conditioning very loud. Housekeeping just piles dirty laundry and trash in the hallway instead of using buggies.

Bed was comfortable. Ron the shuttle driver was great.

• King Room with Balcony

Water pressure, mattress, quiet score

Shower had no water pressure at all- worse than trying to shower in the rain. Bed was terribly uncomfortable and to top it off, someone was banging on the elevator working on it at 6am!! (There are two other elevators)

• King Room with Balcony

The renovation of the elevators being done made getting an elevator extremely slow and difficult.

The bed was super comfortable, towels were large and soft, river view was fantastic and check in was super easy.

The hotel was a real dump, everything was pitiful. The worst DoubleTree in the US

Every time we had to go to our room we had to wait at least 20 min for elevator to come.

Our room didn't have a fridge as advertised, but we didn't notice until after we were already unpacked, so we didn't request a change... This came to be a minor hassle the next day when we had leftovers from a meal.

The quality of the room and the service.

Had to call front desk to order the fridge due per reservation. Brought up a portable one. Not what we expected. Property was hard to access and not in a good location.

Shower

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Lobby and restaurant are modern, updated, good food, great service for breakfast. Large room, clean and bright. The A/C was a little loud. We had a mechanical problem with our door, the receptionist was courteous and gave us a new card, but the door was stuck. Garage parking for $12/night was good and not expensive.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• King Room with Balcony

Their elevator system was terribly slow. I realize they were remodeling the elevators. But for the number of people that were there and as many floors as the building had, the wait for overcrowded elevator cars was terrible. When I arrived, they said they were overbooked and couldn't give me the room I anticipated. The desk clerk did a good job finding me another room that ended up being a slight upgrade. The down side, when it came time to check out, I couldn't get a paper receipt. They said they emailed it to me. After not receiving it, I called and you leave a message if you need a receipt and still no response on the receipt. It was a business trip and I needed a receipt. This is the first less than satisfactory visit that I had at a Hilton Hotel chain site and figure it must be due to them being extremely busy.

Breakfast choice and quality were very good.

• King Room with Balcony

The food is crazy priced.. The elvators was so slow you would have to wait 20 mins to get onone and when you did you still stopped at every floor..and the house keeping likes to come at 730 to clean like no lady I want to sleep you see the do not disturb sign on the door. Why keep banging on the door!.

My room was nice it was small but we made it work.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No guest services menu on tv, so no ability to check out from the room.

Beautiful, modern room. Bellhop told us the hotel was recently renovated. Executive room with balcony was awesome and had a great city view (pictures included,) Ordered off of the room service menu and had a delicious, large, pulled pork sandwich! Underground parking below hotel was convenient. Easy access to highways, too. Highly recommended.

After complaining 3 different times, staff promised but failed to fix slamming stairway door which interrupted our sleep each night.

Shuttle bus Nearby

The elevators are the SLOWEST in the world. They were terrible when the DT had 3 , now one has been being modernized, but the DT has had only 2 working elevators for about A YEAR!!! As I said the slowest in the world !'n get this fixed !!!

The bed was a bit stiff, so a better top would have been nice. It would have been nice to have breakfast included.

The staff was amazing. The room was clean and comfortable. We had a great view of the river.

The little rude prick that worked behind the desk in the lobby. James was his name. We exchanged words over the phone. Then tells me to come say that to his face. I do then he threatens to call the cops on me.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Elevators , concierge service is only front desk except for food and beverage for 5/6 hrs in 24 hour period.. Front desk personnel told us they did not know at least 10 times. No concierge service to me.

Distance to convention center

• King Room with Balcony

We booked 3 rooms. Check in is at 3p, we didn't arrive until 4:15p, and only 1 of our rooms was ready and cleaned. It was 6pm before we got in the last room. The front desk person (Carlos) was very helpful, we got Concierge with our stay. However I was under the expression we got that anyways since the last time we stayed on the 14th floor this service came with our room type. This time same type of room, same floor. But for some reason we were told we did not get food, well until they screwed up and gave it to us anyways.

The convenience to the Robinson Ctr, we gave for Rickey Smiley show. It was pouring down raining outside and we never felt a drop!!!

Every one lied there is no indoor pool. That was one of the main reasons we picked that hotel. The family wanted to swim. We were very disappointed

Sorry to say, the swimming pool, a necessary element to my granddaughter, may have created a health issue for her. The pool didn't seem to be as clean as it could have been..

Drove from Houston area to see the Riverdance show and the hotel was within walking distance...great!

It was just fine If i out did i prove anything it would be to increase the number of amenities within walking distance

Very friendly and helpful staff Well kept property No complaints

Everything at the hotel was wonderful. I would definitely stay there again, maybe not use booking.com to do it.

Everything! The staff was very helpful when Booking.com charged my credit card, when I specifically said I would pay cash when we arrived. The hotel was very generous to give us a free breakfast.

I didn't like how slow the elevators were. They took forever. I also didn't like how sometimes you had to use your room key and sometimes you didn't just to press the floor you were on.

The pillow and the bathroom. That shower was amazing!!! Nice glass door with marble and tile background. The entire room was nice. They give you cookies at the front desk. Wonderful staff! Very nice! They add security in the parking garage all night long! I loved my stay! Very nice hotel with a tremendous view!

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Two Room King Suite - Non-Smoking

In the picture on the internet of the gym, it showed that there would be a bosu ball and I had relied on that fact. When I got to the gym there was not one.

The room was great! The food was good. The view from the gym of the bridge and the river were grand. Overall it was a great experience

Had the unfortunate luck to go during the replacement of the elevators during a DAR convention and very popular event at the performance hall next door. Waiting time was ridiculous. We were on the 10th floor, so walking up was not an option!

Very nice room overlooking the river. Very comfortable bed; fabulous shower.

The room service is a joke. We ordered at 9:50 pm & were told 35-40 minutes. After 1 hour, I called & it went straight to voice mail. I called the front desk who walked over & checked; he told me my food was on the cart ready to be delivered. After 30 minutes, I called the front desk again since room service went to voice mail. Different person checked & put supervisor on. The supervisor was very apologetic, saying he's sorry my food was not delivered & that he was going to investigate. He also told me other rooms did not get their food orders either. So I was not very happy! I really needed the food. We went to the little hotel store and grab something to hold us over. They tried to smooth it over & slid a card for a free breakfast buffet for 2 under the door, but I wasn't interested. At check-out, the woman acknowledged I was checking out but didn't want to refund my cash deposit until I reminded her about the deposit. Then I find out that they also put a hold on my card. I tried calling accounting & it goes to voicemail, left a message & no response.

The staff at check-in were absolutely fabulous. I was paying in cash & had to leave a deposit, no problem until check-out. I chose the hotel so we could walk to the venue and that it is a Hilton property, but I will not stay at this hotel (maybe no Hilton property) in the future.

Ridiculously slow elevators, extra charge for parking everyday, hard beds, three people in a room, but only enough coffee and drinking cups for two. I even left a nice note asking for more. They left more coffee, but still just two cups.

The elevators were a nightmare. Only 2 were working. It took forever to get to you. When it did arrive...it was already full with staff and guests. Had to share with the housekeeping staff. We ended up just getting on and riding wherever it was going before finally arriving on our floor.

Everything was wonderful. Staff was very attentive. The beds were absolutely fantastic. It was like sleeping on a cloud. The views outside my window were of the new Broadway bridge and river traffic. Very relaxing. Could have sat there for hours.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

The elevator situation is terrible for such a tall hotel-- there are only three and they are shared by staff with laundry and food carts as well as by guests. We waited more than 10 minutes a couple times to get an elevator and you had to be aggressive and crowd in to ever get one. The front desk staff were unfriendly. They averted eye contact. When asked if they offered a AAA rate, she answered tersely, "Yes, but I can't can't change the rate now." without looking up. When we got to our room, there was no room service menu or information book about the hotel and area. We called the front desk to ask if there should be one. They said yes, there should be, but they couldn't bring one up because they were busy.

The location along the river park is nice, though a little far west of most entertainment compared to other local hotels. The room itself was clean and comfortable. Parking was available (for a fee) immediately underneath the hotel.

The wait for the elevators was not good ! They also told us the sofa bed was a queen, I'm 100% it wasn't ! Then we had to call for sheets and pillows for the sofa bed .

Everyone was very nice and it was clean !

The elevators! The elevators were old and very slow. We averaged the wait time to 12 minutes each time we rode the elevator,and when on the very small elevators they made horrible groaning noises. The restaurant was horrible. Our food took 45 minutes and each dinner came out seperatly. Our daughters Mac and cheese was inedible. The dishes were dirty,and the staff seemed to not be bothered by any of it. Also we had to pay $12 for each car for parking at the hotel. We drove two cars so an extra $24 added to our bill. That was not included in the price. No contenintal breakfast. $63 for breakfast is horrible. There was no other option unless we left the hotel and my kids wanted to swim before we checked out. I tried speaking to a manager before we checked out, but he didn't seem to care what I thought. He made me feel stupid for even voicing my complaints. I am not one to complain, and I started out by telling him what we really enjoyed and what was good about our stay, and then spoke about the above problems. He seemed offended and did not apologize.

The beds were clean and very comfortable. The shuttle service was excellent. Friendly and helpful driver named Harvey. The cookie they gave us at checkin was amazing.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

This hotel was disappointing. I wouldve been better off paying for a cheap $50 hotel. The room was tiny and there were no amenities like a mini fridge, microwave, etc. The view was decent but there was a lot of construction nearby so it wasn't great. The elevators took forever. My door was hard to open and close. The bed was tolerable but it great. The pillows were hard and flat. There was simply nothing that made this hotel better than a cheap motel.

The staff was friendly and the location was good.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

The hotel was really crowded and only two of their three elevators were working. We were on the 6th floor and sometimes waited for 20 to 30 minutes for an elevator.

Rooms were clean and staff friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

The beds where great, the staff were awesome and so helpful!! Very nice hotel, gorgeous decor!! We can walk to Verizon arena and the shuttle drivers were so nice and went above and beyond for us!!! We will be back in April for another concert!!!

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Before we even got to our room we started having problems. We had to wait 20 minutes just to get on the elevator, and that problem did not subside through out our stay. When we finally got to our room we realized how little accommodations this hotel had. There was no mini fridge, no microwave, and the tv wasn't even real satellite. While booking I asked for a good viewing window, and when we got into the room we realized our "beautiful view" was a construction site. The bed was so hard that I woke up soar and the pillows were so flat that I considered asking for more just to pile up. Beyond our unpleasant stay when we were leaving we learned that the hotel never gave us a ticket to get out of the parking deck, so we had to pay $12 for parking! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, if you are going to put out the expense just go ahead and go right down the road to Marriott!

The wifi was probably the only good thing about this hotel, and what hotel now days doesn't have free wifi?

That we weren't able to stay longer!!

The front desk manager was wonderful. We were stuck on the interstate called in make sure our rooms would be available he made our late check in smooth.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

They are renovating the hotel. Other than inside the lobby everything else was great! I'm sure it will be very nice when finished!

The location was excellent and the beds were great!

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• King Room with Balcony

We only stayed one night so the remodel didn't bother me. If we were staying in town longer probably would have stayed somewhere else. Only because of the remodel.

They are remodeling so there is a lot of activity in front of the hotel and in the lobby.The room was clean, bed was GREAT and so was breakfast. We had a balcony!

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Bed not very comfortable ....we do pardon renovations as it will be lovely.

Shuttle service terrific. Front desk terrific. Breakfast staff did great job,with so many.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Absolutely nothing

The receptionist was very friendly and very helpful in helping us locate a good restaurant the rooms were very beautiful and clean and the price was very reasonable the hotel was very nice I would advise anyone to stay there

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Clean and comfortable Reception staff were very helpful and friendly. You get a warm cookie on arrival. Great location walking distance to restaurants and sites

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Having a refrigerator in room.

I liked having a sofa in room. Bed was clean and very comfortable. Lo action was great for what we were doing over all stay was great!

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My reservation was not in my name somehow. The bed was hard and pillows small and flat. The mini fridge was not there.

We really enjoyed the convenience to places we like to dine and some sight seeing.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The front desk people could have been more professional. No refrigerator or microwave in the room. Don't like being told about extra expenses at check-in time($100 for incidentals......really)

I liked the bathroom.rooms/beds too small.

• King Room with Balcony

My wife and I stayed here while we were attending WWE Raw. We were very pleased with the room and friendly staff

Food was excellent and view was amazing.

The room could have been bigger. I felt trapped in a box.

The bathroom was nice.

They charge extra to stay in their parking garage, was not happy about the extra charge

The room was clean, but very small

Very quiet and clean. Wedding parties but handled well.

It was a little more than I wanted to pay for one nights stay, but its a nice hotel.

Clean, comfortable and quiet and next door to my venue.