Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles/Commerce 3 stars

5757 Telegraph Road, Commerce, CA 90040, USA

#1 of 4 hotels in Commerce

Bathrooms need improvement; otherwise a very fine place to stay

The shower faucet was terrible, despite the diagrams. There was no fan in the bathroom so the mirror steamed jp The hair dryer was weak on power Our cookies we dry and not warm! :-)

Location, overall room and bed comfort, wifi worked well and the comfort level was very good

The walk around the property is beautiful.
    • Two Room King Suite with Sofa Bed

The living room in the suite was a little too warm and would not adjust to the same temperature as the room itself. It would take hours to cool down.

The walk around the property is beautiful. There are convenient places to eat across the street as well as a Starbucks. The outlets are a fun little place to visit. The room was nice and cozy, the bed was comfortable and the television had awesome channels to keep entertained at night. The property was clean and modern. The staff was extremely kind and made you feel welcomed.

Property was very nice and clean!

They upgraded my room without my permission and expected me to pay more.That was the only bad thing. Other than that I would definitely recommend this hotel

Property was very nice and clean! That was the only bad thing. Other than that I would definitely recommend this hotel

You get what you pay for.

I didn't care for the location, but it was cheap per night so you get what you pay for. The front-desk employees had the personalities of a wet-mop, but the wait staff in the dinning/bar area were friendly. Poorly-functioning elevators: My fiance got stuck in the elevator - to the point he had to use the buzzer for help - and the employee that helped him just shrugged his shoulders like "it happens" and walked away.

This hotel was just OK. For the price, I was satisfied but I was not impressed. The room was clean but tiny and was lacking any sort of view - one side of the hotel faces the freeway, and the other 3 face the parking and Citadel Outlet, which is in walking distance. Overall, it matched the cheap price (especially in LA).

So close to the out let
    • Non-Smoking Double/Double Room

So old style..far away from the tourist area..it doesn’t worth the price..expensive hotel. Need rental car .

So close to the out let Free parking Safe area

A good hotel in a good location for shopping

The Telephone in our room did not work and the mechanism for getting the water from the bath to the shower rose was difficult at first

The location was perfect for the Commerce Outlet Shopping Center, it is quite a distance from LAX but worth it if you want a couple of days good shopping at Outlet stores

Very convenient place for shopping at the outlets as it’s...
    • Non-Smoking Double/Double Room

The 2 queen size bed is smaller than standard queen size bed, very small for family of 4. It’s room is the smallest compare to the rest of the hotel rooms I stayed in different states n cities in USA

Very convenient place for shopping at the outlets as it’s next to citadel

Perfect place to celebrate my son’s graduation
    • Non-Smoking Double/Double Room

Last night of my staying 26 may a receptionist refused giving my son water because we weren’t members of the honor program ( it was only water and we’ve been there for 7 nights)

What ever problem you have can be solved by the manager Jimmy

They over charge tge CC

No fridge in rooms Tiny spiders in room also found a large spider in bathroom. They keep Authorizing my CC and ended checking out with 400$ overcharge.. still waiting for hotel management to release the money they are holding.

It's close proximity to the outlets

I would NEVER EVER stayed at this hotel if ONLY knew that they will hold my money- 180$ on my card and I STILL haven’t gotten it back! It’s been a week. They also charged not 285$+ 12% tax, but 347$ that is about 30$ more than it was supposed to be!!!! Worst experience in my traveling experience ever!!!! Would not EVER recommend this place! Shame on you! And I travel a LOT, I’m a booking Genius and I travel about 2 months per all year!

Excellent presently suprised

Internet connection was not the best kept losing connection as was there on business was a little frustrating

Bar and food was excellent, busy in the evening which sometimes don’t find in business hotels

Love it here - second stay and will definitely return

The customer service manager at the front desk was grumpy but everyone else was outstanding.

The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful (except for the customer service manager who was grumpy), love the proximity to the outlet mall

This location is located next to the outlet, during the busy...

The mattress and pillows are too soft, I woke up with sore shoulders and back pains.

This location is located next to the outlet, during the busy holidays season , we have to drive in to the hotel parking along with the busy shopping crowds. It took my family family 20 min just to get into the parking lot. I would not recommend during Christmas or thanksgiving seasons. But I would recommend if traverlers are planning to go outlet shopping, it’s really only walk distance away from the stores.

Love it have stayed many times and will again!
    • Two Room King Suite with Sofa Bed

Parking if there is an event at Citadel!!!

We have stayed at the Doubletree many times. It is located right next to the Citadel outlets so there's always a fun place to walk, eat and shop. If you stay there the day after Thanksgiving BE AWARE they share parking with Citadel.....We hit no traffic all the way down from San Luis but we're in HORRIBLE traffic from the 5 exit to the hotel it took 45 minutes!! So just be aware of that. Wonderful hotel, rooms and staff!

Nice hotel near shops and freeway

There was quite a bit of road noise if you’re on the freeway side. Ask for a quiet room.

This was a two night stopover prior to returning home. Primarily it was chosen because of its proximity to the Citadel Outlet. Staff were friendly and attentive.

The place is amazing no complaints whatsoever

I have no complaints I stay here every time I come

I love everything about this place I love that you are close to an outlet mall walking distance from restaurants free parking a nice pool and hot tub area they also have a nice fire place area

The room was exceptionally clean as was the entire facility.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

On the day of my arrival I was informed that I had no reservation in the system. They asked me silly questions like "is it possible I made the reservation under a different name or for someone else? " And " what is your first name? " my drivers license and credit card we're both sitting on the counter in front of the lobby attendant the entire time and each one contains my first and last name. And they made me a reservation and got me around, however, there was no reservation for me and I used booking.com for this stay. So something went wrong between booking.com and Doubletree. Someone may want to know about that.

The room was exceptionally clean as was the entire facility. Lobby and lounge areas were decorated nicely. $279 was fairly steep for 1 adult and 1 bed but I assume the World Series being in town drives up the demand and the cost the hotel is able to charge.

Great.
    • Non-Smoking Double/Double Room

One of the friendliest, most courteous hotel staff I've ever encountered. Cool outdoor lounge area with giant-sized Jenga and Connect Four games. The late-night $11 pizza I ordered at the restaurant/bar blew me away.

Love it

We couldn't check early, because we drive for 7 hours that's why on my reservation I said idk what time we arrive so we wait until 3:00pm😑

The room was clean and comfortable

Great hotel with very friendly staff, good food and good bar.

Its kind of away from anything. approx 30 min with bus to Downtown

I payed for breakfast approx 17 USD but it was great breakfast, (on other hotels with Breakfast included it couldnt compare to what I got here). Nice rooms with nice bathrooms I liked the bar with super friendly staff, happy hour between 4PM to 7PM Close to the Citadel with alot of shopping stores.

Good value, clean, and safe.

No free coffee in the lobby. Super lousy! No fridge in the room. It all adds up to getting your money in their restaurant.

Clean room. Nice pool. Nice lobby.

Clean, warm, friendly & convienence near lots of shops
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I think every room needs a fridge and microwave a must have! Very disappointed no refridgerator.

It was better than expected. It seemed very bland on the web site until you actually got there. It was very comfortable. The outside lounging was a perk!

I will certainly book more at this type of hotel. Very classy
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Booking.com did not interface my booking information with the hotel. The hotel took carenof is and gave us a discounted price for the inconvenience

The overlap hotel layout and near the mallard within walking distance

Overall nice but we could have done with out the ant infestation

Ant infestation

It was very clean and bed was comfortable Parking is free and location is great. It's right by citadel outlets. However we got ants in our room. Only downfall

Very comfortable and close to LA
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The tub faucet dripped loudly, but the maintenance staff showed up within minutes and took care of it. I was very impressed with the service.

The staff was great and very accommodating. I don't think there was a single person we passed who didn't say "hello" with a smile.

I will find another place.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Text message requests did not happen. Do not ask me what you can do and than not do it. All I asked for was additional blankets and pillows for the sofa bed. Woke up early on the first morning due to construction in the room above ours (loud power tools). Called the desk and was moved to the room I had asked for in the first place (a double). but was assured it was not available. Returned to the new room late that night with take out. Woke up to ants in the bathroom garbage can and floor. I checked out that morning disappointed. Then had to call back to clear up my bill. Upon checkout, my card was charged $100 more than my final bill.

Staff was nice and helpful. Contacted via text prior to arrival to see if I had any special requests. Addressed issue encounter after first night.

It was alright...

The beds aren't that comfortable. They charge a different price at the hotel then the price quoted on Booking.com. I was really upset about that!

The staff was nice. It was a nice sweet hotel.

Choose this hotel, modern, clean, huge beds and free wifi

Pool wasn't clean, breakfast was not great but these are minor things, the hotel is excellent value for money, modern rooms with BIG beds and bathroom is lovely! Definitely returning!

This hotel is amazing! It is situated opposite a mall,you can use a shuttle bus from the back of the mall that takes you downtown to the staples center area, in roughly 30 minutes, the hotel is CLEAN the staff are LOVELY! I am so glad I choose this place,no outside noise, rooms are fairly soundproof, great hotel and worth the money , no need to stay downtown as the shuttle bus is free from 8 in morning til 10 at night!

We have stayed here before as a stop off before heading on...

Unfortunately the toilet in the room was blocked which we only discovered late at night and too late to get resolved. These things happen, of course, what's more important is how it's dealt with. You'd kind of expect an establishment like the Hilton to take that as an opportunity to impress, but they came up short. No apology, no offer of compensation (basically we'd paid for a room with no en suite toilet) and to add insult to injury even made us pay $3 for a bottle of warm water we'd found in the room. Expected better

We have stayed here before as a stop off before heading on to LAX which is about a 40 minute drive away. It is located just a couple of hundred yards from the Citadel Outlet center, so is great for some last minute bargains.

Good property marred by some bad decisions
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I had to ask for a teaspoon when I ordered tea with breakfast, then I had to ask for a saucer. Items promised on the menu were not available. When my key failed to open the door, they sent a staff member with a replacement key immediately (good), and he brought two free drink tickets (also good), but the tickets were only good for beer, wine, and well drinks. Bathroom has no exhaust fan, so the mirror fogs when you take a shower.

Room was comfortable and spacious.

The friendly staff.
    • Non-Smoking Double/Double Room

The friendly staff. They went above and beyond for my comfort. I would like the three individuals recognized for great costemer service. Simon, Maritza, Fia.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Good Customer services however becareful because the room prices change at arrival without noticed
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The price of my room rate change to my arrival and there was nothing that the receptionist can do about it instead she treat me if I cancelled will be charge $145 to my debit card

I was not happy when I got here the change the price of my room (More expensive) and the receptionist was not helpfull or explained why the hotel did that to how many people they do this? and if I cancelled I will have to pay $145 according to her that's crazy The days that I had breakfast and lunch here I really enjoy the services specially a waitress that was very friendly respecful and giving the best customer services that I ever see and I travel every 2 months Armando really was the best employees that I saw on my stay there I was thankful that I decide to stay there after my bad experience with the price of the hotel

parking is outside hotel in public area which is easily...

the hotel was under renovation but didnt inform before booking, very dusty and inconvenient. wifi is cutting on and off, always have to login.

parking is outside hotel in public area which is easily available and for free

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

The bed & pillows extremely comfortable.
    • Non-Smoking Double/Double Room

It was a little difficult getting my 5 bags to the room on my own.

The bed & pillows extremely comfortable. The location to the Citadel - excellent.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Walking distance to Citadel Outlet.

Only that on the first day wifi is not working. If international traveller need to do urgent work, it would be quite challenging.

Walking distance to Citadel Outlet.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Exceptional Stay 😊
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Little Extras Upgrade

Exceptional hotel. Wonderful rooms, beds, staff and breakfast buffet was the icing on the cake. Right at LA Live. Starbucks very close as well as many restaurants. Must stay again.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Nice hotel, reasonable price, close to freeways and Commerce businesses

The treadmills are getting a bit "time honored" and should be updated soon. Also, my two door keys didn't work so I had to return to the front desk for new ones. Parking is difficult at times as well when a conference or meeting is underway.

Relatively quiet despite high occupancy rate

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Jason is the best!
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

No complaints.

The hospitality of the staff was excellent. Jason was so personable and nice. Even gave me an extra cookie after my long drive, haha. There was a problem with my shower and they sent someone up in less than 3 minutes! This hotel is so clean and nice. Will be back soon. Thanks Jason, you made my trip just that much better!

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Good stay for citadel outlet shopping

No wifi . Outdated washrooms

Front desk , cleanliness and location

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Amazing!
    • Two Room King Suite with Sofa Bed

We LOVE Doubletree! This site is perfectly placed by the Citidel Outlet mall. Also close to LA and other cities with lots too do.

Good location to see my customer.

Parking is shared with the mall near by and it was tough to find a spot close to the hotel.

Good location to see my customer.

Close to shopping.

Close to shopping.

Location and staff

Room had smoke smell

Location and staff

The room door was not working super hard to open.

The room door was not working super hard to open.

Great location (3 min walk to Citadel outlets) and easy to...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Great location (3 min walk to Citadel outlets) and easy to find When we checked in, they gave us free welcome cookies :)

No vegetarian options in food.

No vegetarian options in food.

It was alright but won’t be staying st a Hilton again

The bed and pillows suck. Woke up with a sore neck every morning

Staff was friendly and helpful

Location and value spot on.
    • Non-Smoking Double/Double Room

Location and value spot on.

Was great

Every thing was good

Was great

Amazing I had a blast

N/a

It’s next to a shopping mall

Other than phone reception, our visit was excellent! Loved my stay.

Did not have good reception with my phone. Couldn't reach my husband.

Staff very friendly and professional. Hotel all around very clean.

Horrible. Everytime I stay at any Hilton hotel its draining
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

They didn’t tell me about any extra fees that my card will be charged. And that I would get one towel the entire stay at the hotel

The cookies

It's great location for shoppers

A bit far from downtown

Next to citadel malls

Comfy bed with nice health club. Next to Citadel outlets with a few minutes walking distance.

Good location for outlets and Casino

It was ok, employees were very nice and attentive but the room was not ot my standards.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Little Extras Upgrade

No microwave or refrigerator I never stayed at a hotel that did not prove these amenities.

Bed was comfortable, but I had better bed at other hotels.

Ready for shopping
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Little Extras Upgrade

Estar dentro del outlet shopping center

Nice Hotel to discover LA

Wifi and breakfast not included

Close to Outlet, nice and clean rooms, friendly staff, centrally located in LA

everything's was perfect

everything's was perfect

Perfect
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

No fridge in the room.

Fast check in/out. Hand scale at front desk. Useful!

Good location for shopping to Citadel factory outlet

Good location for shopping to Citadel factory outlet

closed to shops for all your need
    • Non-Smoking Double/Double Room

walking distance to the citadel outlet shopping

The shopping is walking distance

STAFF WAS RUDE OVER PRICED

The shopping is walking distance

the location is good for shopping.

wifi needs to be paid.

the location is good for shopping.

Nice swimming pool
    • Non-Smoking Double/Double Room

Room was noisy Traffic congestion between LA and hotel is a permanent nuisance

Nice swimming pool Shopping center is next to hotel

Not worth the money, especially the breakfast.

Not worth the money, especially the breakfast.

Good area

Clean

Good area

Generally very happy about the hotel

No fridge in the room.

Beside a larger outlet mall, good choice of food.

We were charge $132,18 more on our 4-nigth stay.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We were charge $132,18 more on our 4-nigth stay. I do not recommend to anyone to stay here.

Loved it and would come back to stay.

Not much to eat around there.(walking distance)

Like the location and very useful to have the stores literally outside.

Very good

Area

Inside Citadel mall

Good location, friendly staff
    • Non-Smoking Double/Double Room

The food menu can be improved

Good location, friendly staff, very nice and clean room

great experience

The space of room is a little bit small.

Good service!Awesome gym!Reasonable price.

breakfast buffet excellent

Refrigerator not provided in room

breakfast buffet excellent

The best you are going to get for the location.

Price for the location was too high. Breakfast was stupid expensive. Bar staff was nonexistent.

Near factory outlets
    • Non-Smoking Double/Double Room

No kettle, no coffee, bad attitude and no smiling face front desk, uncomfortable bed.

Near factory outlets