Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton LAX - El Segundo 3 stars

1985 East Grand Avenue, El Segundo, CA 90245, USA

#11 of 13 hotels in El Segundo

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The tidiness of the room could be improved, especially the restroom (bathtub). The beds looked on the messy side even when made.

I like that it was very close to LAX and wasn't able to hear all the airplanes flying by like others have stated in their reviews.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I don't like the customer service dept at Double Tree by Hilton. I spoke with three different representatives named Paulina, Cathy and Lisa regarding if there was a possibility to check in early and all of the women I spoke with were very rude and especially the so "called supervisor" Lisa. Had absolutely no customer service skills or people's skills to communicate effectively with patrons. I would definitely look into this matter of they want patrons to return to their hotel.

I liked that you can order room service.

• King Room with City View

Receptionist refused to use the shuttle bus to connect the airport.He said the shuttle only for air lines crew (I found out he was lying but after asking for a taxi The reception employee he the Fat big one.There are no places nearby to buy a snack Such as other hotels in the area. When booked I chose a ground floor overlooking the pool .Upon arrival, the receptionist told me that there were no rooms overlooking the swimming pool and it turned out that he was lying. Room 315 was overlooking the swimming pool and was available but I did not pay the rattle.

The bar attendant (i dont drink) but he was friendly with With guests. Location near the airport. The shuttle Driver was nice (friendly)

The last day we were there the elevators were shut down due to a domestic issue that we were not notified about until we got downstairs and saw all the police officers and EMS.

I love that it was surrounded with huge buildings

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It's too far located from city. Nothing near by food joints or outlet No room service for water. We need to collect from reception They dint offer us shuttle service for pick and drop Very difficult to reach hotel staff on landline numbers From airport I called hotel staff more than 10 times but no response and we have to wait in airport more than hour.

Hotel room is clean and neat

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

The hotel needs night staff, room A/C didn’t work, restaurant has one bartender who is the waiter, housekeeping didn’t have clean towels. Supervisor Perfecta tries to do her best but needs staff.

N/a

Very close to the airport and handy before a flight. There was a supermarket within walking distance around the corner which was convenient. Staff are all friendly.

• Non-Smoking King Two Room Suite

No airport shuttle; unacceptably understaffed at night; check-in took nearly an hour, and we still had to hunt down bedding for the sofa bed. Sofa bed was pretty bad

The king bed was amazingly comfortable. The night staff, particularly, Perfecta, were very professional despite being terribly understaffed, good location for LAX

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It took 45 min to get checked in. One person running the front desk took 30 min with one person. I asked if she could call for help she said there was no one else then ten min later someone else finally came and helped me. The hotel lobby was boiling hot it took an hour for house keeping to bring me an extra blanket that I requested. I am a single mom traveling with two small children and the check in was sooooo stressful and overwhelming

The hotel was physically nice

I didn't like paying for parking. The website listed parking was free at the hotel, but reality, it was $15 for parking. When I book a hotel I look for three things first, Wifi, free parking, and a continental breakfast (or reasonably priced).

My boyfriend and I were attending a concert in Los Angeles and we wanted to spend some time together as well, before and after the concert. The hotel was reasonably priced and the room was very, very nice. The staff was friendly and answered all of my questions. I liked that the hotel had free Wifi.

No shuttle bus / Uber from LAX despite being mentioned on website. Breakfast is quite basic for the price ($19.95 + tax + tip) Small buffet Nothing much to see/do in the area but only 10 minute drive to LAX

Spacious rooms, huge tv, comfy beds, Crabtree +Evelyn toiletries, decent lap pool

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was way too expensive-not included. Wifi was an extra charge (who doesn't have Wifi) Laundry was super expensive and listed but not on the property only sent out. Parking was really far and had a $15/day charge Beds were only Doubles (not sure if I chose that by mistake)

Staff was Friendly Room seemed clean and was comfortable

• Non-Smoking King Two Room Suite

The two room suite was anything but. The additional room was a small wedge cut from end of building to utilize space available after construction.

Convenient to all locations we needed to be for our daughters wedding weekend.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

LAX shuttle service was lacking on our previous night. We had issues getting from the hotel to LAX so on returning we decided to not deal with the hotel shuttle and use a cab. The shuttle driver was a surprise no show for work that day so the shuttle wasn’t running. Have alternate plans!

Airport transportation. On arrival, we confirmed with the front desk that there would be a shuttle to the airport the following morning at 06:30 AM. At 06:15 AM we again confirmed with the front desk that there would be a 6:30 AM shuttle. At 06:40AM,there was no shuttle so we checked with the front desk. They looked around and said “Oh he must not have come in”. They apologized and arranged an Uber. The Uber was great and responsive but we were very disappointed with the earlier confirmations.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Started with a transportation service 😧 Waited too long ! Hotel had loud drinking people hanging out in front of entrance. Did not feel safe or comfortable. The hotel was soo run down looking.Hard to believe ! I’m a flight attendant so I’ve seen a lot of hotels through out the world .I wouldn’t reccomend this hotel to any one. It was 179.00 $ sadly spent 🙁

The noisy air conditioning unit. Oh my lord! It was louder than the jet engines at LAX. The sliding bathroom door that obviously hasn't closed properly for years.

Close to the airport. Half hourly airport shuttle service.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was 21 dollars and I personally has bariatric surgery and can only eat about half cup food and they would not accommodate the fact that that's all I can eat and still charge me the $21.

The bed was comfortable.

• Non-Smoking King Two Room Suite

The swimming pool was a weird location n to get to it, you either have to go through the lobby n restaurant or creepy side staircase. I didn't enjoy walking though the dining room n busy lobby in my wet suit n towel. The rooms were good but housekeeping entered our room without knocking n that was alittle awkward.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The cookies were good. Wish there were restaurants closer to the hotel but if you have a car, it's not a problem

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

For the price we paid, it was a dump. Paid over 200$ and it felt like a 50$ room and definitely not the double tree quality of fixtures and ambiance that we r used to. So was quite shocking.

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Just the bathroom I didn't know how to use, because of it having special person facilities installed. And why was I given that room I don't know.

The hotel staff was very nice and accommodating. The room and the temperature of the room was comfortable also.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I loved the pool for my kids there were clean towels for swimming . This is a clean hotel . Comfortable . Safe . Easy to find . Close to places to eat

Firstly, I AM PISSED. Upon arriving at the facility I was given a room rate, once I arrived for whatever reason I was charged SEVERAL different amounts. Also, I was told that my payment was required at the time of CHECKOUT. Instead, this hotel decided to run a pre-authorized charge on my CREDIT CARD EVERY MORNING (that I received notifications for, EVERY MORNING). When I learned that I immediately told one of the women at the front desk, I think her name was PAULINA, that I wouldn't be staying 5 nights because of that. She promised that she would take care of the RATE and the extra day charge that would be placed on my credit card. SURPRISE!!! SHE DIDN'T!!!! So when I got back home to PHILADELPHIA, MY MONEY was discombobulated because of employee mistakes. I had to call to speak to the finance manager because I was due a refund. I am disgusted. Then had to WAIT to get MY MONEY back that I should have NEVER been charged.

The closeness to the airport.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Just don't like it My bathtub was clogged and took 2 days to fix it And at my second day the room wasn't done Elevators were out of order so we have to use the service one and due to the busy weekend it took forever to go up to your room or downstairs to the lobby My daughter's bedroom wasn't clean during the entire stay even after front desk was saying they will send someone to do it it was a very bad experience for my daughter, who had an infant in the room and had to deal with dirty diapers for 3 days in the room We are paying customers and we didn't get what the hotel offers in its website.

Location and pool.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We wanted close to an hour if not more for the Shuttle due to miscommunication they said , NOT TRUE! The hallways and the room itself didn't smell fresh it had a funk to it ! The room was HOT! You would think they would have it comfortable and cool since they knew we were checking in. There was something wrong with the thermostat I called to bring it to their attn and they sent security all he did is what we did push the button and down so I asked him to leave I was very annoyed and tired at this point! When checking out they had half of our home address incorrectly. It was just one thing after another! NEVER AGAIN!

Only that it wasn't far from the Airport

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

hello in this hotel not the same price how is booking in your site and in chicout i pay the internet and tax i pay after i ask him in this difference internet tax and rest many will take you say after 5 or 6 days we rend in your carte and not rend any amount not good not 795$ but 1070$ internet not free tax also........not good..... thanks but in hollywood holliday in express very good and the same price i book with you not any plus and i ask him if same the doubletree hotel we say no the same rate with booking.com internet free ni additional tax and any thing thanks

• King Room with City View

A microwave oven in our room would be the only thing that we would have liked during our stay.

The staff at this Hotel could not have been more helpful. From the time we checked in until we left we were treated exceptionally. The hotel is lovely and the facilities are certainly 5 star. A special mention to Eliana, Robin, Paulina and Juan and Fred and Adrian for their exceptional service.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Didn't have any dislike, wasn't there long enough to see it have any dislike.

It was clean, the staff was very help and was guit to solve a problem that came up.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

If we had to park a car her it seems like it would be inconvenient.

Super close to the airport and the shuttle was great and easy. Love the cookies at the front desk.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

I had requested for early checkin, which they denied for unavailability, however they were willing to give with an extra cost of usd 50. Not good and put me off

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the staff were not helpful. They did not help us with the luggage. the parking is far away and difficult to find. the room is old the bathroon is terrible with poor shower stream and old amenities the beds are not comfortable

location near the airport free parking

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

I didn't like how they overcharge me when I already booked through booking.com.So they Still try to charge me at Their rate. I had an issue with my room that they did not fix until 4pm the next day.None of the manager spoke with me until 8pm the next day as well. I ask to speak with them at my checkout that did not Happen. I Also asked if they can have the manager to contact me before I took off, to discuss how unhappy I was and how they handled my stay. My issue all happened for the majority of my stay. How can you have no manager present throughout the whole day ?

Nothing staff was not very accommodating. With my issues

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They charged more than the Booking price. The front desk agent wouldn't even tell us our total. He said what ever Booking.com told us, then charged us 300 dollars extra. The pictures looked nothing like the room. The sheets were dirty. Also the bathtub was plugged. Overall, I am not coming back to this hotel.

The staff gave us free cookies. They did seem a little under staffed, but who they had was ok.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Info about how the rooms were being held because I had a little issue with my funds being takin from a card that I thought was only supposed to be used to hold the room and it got charged even though it wasn't available, so then I had to deal with my bank and the hotel to get it taken care of which was a lil frustrating at first but it's all good now. :)

Pretty much everything! I'd definitely stay there again!

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

The lobby of the hotel has been remodeled and the fitness center has been expanded. But, the rooms are still average. The shower control in my room was broken and the furniture had nicks and scratches. For me, these upgrades don't warrant the significant increase in price. Parking closest to the hotel was once free. Now, there is a fee of $13 per day.

Jacuzzi, peace and quiet, friendly staff, near the ocean, chocolate chip cookies

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Shower head assembly and facet were falling off the wall mounts. Restaurant/ bar closed very early for e weekend night. Not accommodating at all to guests arriving on slightly later flights. One airport shuttle, as opposed to multiple for other similar, nearby properties.

Location to airport.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Some of the staff was unfriendly and showed little help. I had a cake I needed refrigerated and they were rude about letting me keep it in the freezer downstairs. I love doubletree but this one was odd.

Room had a good view!

The items on sale in the hotel store were very limited. They should have more snacks and juice options.

The cookies they give to guests at the reception are scrumptious. I also liked their fish tacos. A short 10 minute walk gives you access to restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom door didn't lock. TV brightness too low and couldn't be changed as the remote wasn't original. Safe didn't work. Coffee cups not replaced after use. And some more stuff that's not too significant but makes a poor impression.

Location is good. Beds are comfortable. Shuttle service available to Airport. Free parking available.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Served our needs and wants for our one night stay before a long trip. Close to airport, a small store for a forgotten item, an available snack at front desk, most of all a comfortable and good night's sleep.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

USMLE test takers: dont book through booking.com before asking the hotel for special offer first. I dont know if they have cheaper option than this site but the staff I talked on the day of my arrival didnt know about it and said I cant get the offer anyway because i made reservation through this site at first. EXPECTED MORE from 'HILTON' brand, but I think rooms are WAY TOO OVERPRICED for its facility. If I will ever have to visit this area again I will choose another place. 1. No overhead light: dim table light made me hard to study. Thanks god I brought my own table light with me in case rooms get dark.... Someone might find it enough, but i need real bright environment to study, so it was bad. 2. No room slipper. No comb. No toothbrush. Provided: Facial soap, shower soap, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, towel. 3. Limited shower gown & very heavy / long for 160cm tall lady (they give you when you request it, but don't have enough. First come first served basis: gotta be the fast one to request.) 4.Limited place to dine (even though food was great, only one restaurant to choose. ) It rained really heavy during my stay so I didnt have any other option to eat. 5. Room restroom door broken: couldnt close restroom door while taking shower and all wet air went into room, which was somewhat good to make room moist for myself but someone with company might find it bad. I was by myself so it was ok. 6. Fixed shower head : I wanted to take quick body shower at night and wash my hair seperately in the morning , bending my upper body into the tub using movable shower head but wall-fixed shower head made this hard; so gave it up and just took whole body shower at night. 7. Elevators are way too old and slow. 8. No complementary water in the room. They only give hard-greasy chocolate cookie at the front desk on your arrival which makes you more thirsty, but ending in the room with no water. 9. Coffee machine: they didnt have water boiler.

Crabtree-evlyn amenities(but not that of ladies' choice- scents are too men's.) Comfy Bed Quite room Wifi worked well - for those with more than 2 people, only 3 devices allowed for one room , which was totally fine with me because i was by myself (iPad, laptop, phone)

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Internet reception was spotty. Restaurant on premises was WAY overpriced so we ate all our meals off-site.

Heating system was loud, but beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

No complaints!

Bed felt like sleeping on a cloud - much more comfortable than the 5 star one I'd been in the night before for twice the price. Reasonable room service rates and enjoyed my meal. Safe and quiet location near the airport, which can be hard to find.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

1) The description of the room that I booked through Booking didn't exist. I chose a higher price to have the 2 beds separated in an interconected room with 2 bathrooms. It was a lie. I don't know from Booking or from the hotel 2) There were a security deposity of 200 dollars. They said they will refund in 5 business day. I'll keep track on that but I am not sure if it will really happen

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

No complaints here!

The hotel was clean and comfy. Conveniently located near the airport and near Manhattan Beach. And of course the free cookies are always nice!

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Did not make an exception for shuttle service when our flight was delayed beyond the 1:00 am cutoff time. The hotel was selected based on shuttle service availability.

Close to the airport. Shuttle service provided to the airport.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

The only thing I would change is a little more info on how to be picked up by the complimentary shuttle bus from the airport, we seen other hotels bus but not the one we were staying in, however had no problem catching it back to the airport!

Super warm and friendly staff as soon as we arrived! Lovely cleaning staff that greated us everytime we met them! Very nice pool, staff were very accommodating even bringing extra towels out to the pool! The bar man filled up water bottles for us and told us where there was a water fountain to fill up ourselves whenever we wanted! Very close to resturants, at least 10 options in walking distance!

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Dirty , bed skirt ripped and stained no water to be found went to ask at the front desk and the lady was rude she said go to your room bring your cups and fill them out with the water fountain. I think she could of just given us a water . Tried to buy one from the vending machine and sold out and the waters are 4$ wow bad very bad never to book again

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I thought the breakfast was included in the room price. We had already started eating in the buffet when we found out the cost was $17. Ouch!

Clean room

Odor

The room smelled very old

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

I was over charged on my car the hotel was nasty staff mean!!!

• King Room with City View

Housekeeping did not replenish my coffee and bathroom amenities

Front desk, happy hour, and location

Pay parking

• King Room with City View

Rooms are very old this the worst double tree I’ve ever stayed in

The staff was very friendly

Parking needs to pay

Very good staff,very nice service.

Old design of bathroom. Time for renovation. It will be good to resume transport services from/ to airport.

Breakfast options are good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was a tad overpriced. I had to pay $8 for orange juice and $14 for simple French toast (not a combo breakfast, just the toast).

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Only problem they advertise airport shuttle but was informed it was only for cooperate guest. False advertising in my opinion.

Break fast to much $

No complaints!

Location was perfect & the hotel staff were GREAT...Oooh and the COOKIES!!!

Not enough form pillows

The atmosphere and cookies

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

Accessibility was promised and denied. Bathtub is not accessible.

Bed was ok, a little too soft for our old spines.

The room was very nice and clean

NA

The size of the room was perfect. The ease of coming and going from location was a bonus and the bed was perfect for a good nights sleep

Hotel airport shuttle only for corporate customers, even though I’m a Hilton Honors member...

Nice friendly staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

Horrible staff combative,never got sheets for the rollaway.

We booked a room for three adults and three beds which they could not provide

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Mold bathroom. Dirty room carpet.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very clean facilities and friendly/helpful staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parked the car and the prohibited zone. Luckily it has not been take a way!

Comfortable and close to the airport

Paying for parking.

Love this hotel, i stay there all the time i go to LA. Nice Staff, super clean, close to Santa Monica, Venice, or Hermosa Beach.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Location to LAX was an easy shuttle connection, staff were very friendly and helpful. All around great property for a flight layover.

Parking was scarce, Hot tub didn't work :( those were the only cons.

Location was great! Staff was friendly and helpful.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

My stay was only for 6 hours. I arrived late at night and was gone by 5 am.

Poor front desk and the extra $15 per day parking

Closeness to LAX

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking fees...consider changing to a flat rate per guest $5.00 per stay.

The welcome offered by your front desk staff, comfortable clean room.