Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Mahwah 3 stars

180 Route 17 South, Mahwah, NJ 07430, USA

#8 of 8 hotels in Mahwah

The front desk staff (Kimberly ?) was EXCELLENT! She was professional, patient (since 3 of us were checking in at the same time), and friendly! It was so nice to have an indoor pool in the winter.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was wonderful. Beds and room very comfortable. Only problem, which the managers quickly resolved, was heavy smoking (seeping into hallway) in the non-smoking room next door to us.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

VERY COMFORTABLE BED. NICE SIZED ROOM. GREAT TEMPERATURE IN THE POOL. ATTRACTIVE LOBBY AND ROOMS. LOVED THE WARM COOKIES WHEN WE CHECKED IN. HOTEL WAS VERY CONVENIENTLY LOCATED.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was maintenance work on carpark which was disruptive to parking. Price was higher than what was provided. Not best value.

It was convenient to where we needed to be. It had a pool and a small gym.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We were told we were going to get a day bed by 2 ppl. Never came and when we were all sleeping we got a call past midnight to pick up a extra comforter and pillows to sleep on the floor. One of the kids has emotional issues and can't sleep w others as we told them. They didn't even bring us the comforter we had to wake up and get it. Housekeeping woke us up twice to clean our room. Once a bit before 8 am and almost 8:30. The tv remote did not work and was told we would get another and never did. The bottom drawer under the tv fell out on my foot which is all black n blue now The dinner there at Boom Burger was not good. And they had the nerve to charge a 34 dollar service charge! We had to clean our own table. And the manager there was not nice at all. Made the kids nervous and uncomfortable. I'm sure they will deny it all but I have no reason to lie. I have stayed there a few times before w no issues. They took off some money but to be honest not nearly good enough. We bought orange juice from the hotel and it was spoiled. And I called you guys who only gave a extra 25 dollars off. Which to me is a joke. When I used other travel sites if I ever had a issue they did a lot better then that.

• King Room - Hearing Accessible with Bath Tub/Non-Smoking

I stayed at the hotel this past weekend 8/12/17. Robert and Liza were at the front desk and they were AMAZING! Had a little bit of an issue with the room key but they made sure that I was taken care of! My room was clean and the location of the hotel is perfect!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The parking was tough and there was no direct access to the building from a parking lot in the front. You have to park in the back or on the sides and walk around. This was sketchy at night.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The pool was closed for reno!!!! That's main reason we chose that Hotel!!! It was my 2 sons birthdays!! I left work early on Saturday to get there early ao the boys could swim!!! I was very upset! If i had known i would have went somewhere else! Also we booked two queen beds we got two full beds? My boys brought a blue light with them and joking around they shut lights off and pointed it to both beds they had white comforters. On one bed nothing, on the other there were three big stains that you could not see without the light!! So im guessing it could only be one body liquid that is white!!! Gross!!! At 5 pm i asked to speak to a manager, the kid working the front desk, who seemed like he knew nothing 😯 said nope just me. ??? Weird!! So then he tells us the pool will be open in the morning at 5am!! Thats great! We set alarm for 6:30 am had coffee and headed down. Nope still closed!! The front desk guy says ohh in a few hours. We had tubbing reservations for 9:30am. So we had to check out! The resturant/bar was great!!

Close to ski place we were going. Had a bar/restaurant. Indoor pool!!!

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

one staff memeber was really rude to me at breakfast. He accussed me of taking another guests table at breakfact which the guest was really embarrased about and commented I had not taken his table as he had not sat down yet!!! This annoyed the table service staff member even more so I got offered no tea or coffee that morning..really rude. Hewas the senior table service guy on each morning, the older guy waiting on the table each morning between 14th & 17th Nov. all other staff were really nice except this man.

Gym facility was great to have. Location to the Mahwah office was great using the shuttle service arranged by the hotel. The front desk staff were nice, friendly & helpful

• King Room - Hearing Access with Roll-In Shower/Non-Smoking

The shower stall was moldy. There was black mold in the grout. There also was no water pressure.

We couldnt find the pool and the clerk behind the desk did not understand us.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room not ready at 2:00pm. Tv in one room didn't work. Called front desk they sent someone they couldn't fix it. Pool area poor. No tables to sit around. When we got there the temperature outside was 90. They were treating the pool with chemicals, couldn't go in pool for 1 hour. The poolside was like a sauna, so hot no air conditioning. We went in pool it smelt like strong chlorine so we left. To go sit in the only room with a tv working. The air conditioner was very poor in one room.the burger resturant associated in the hotel had good food. I would never stay there again. We had a terrible experience! I had just stayed in the jersey shore at a beautiful hotel from Sunday to Wednesday. I was embarrassed that I took 2 friends with me to doubletree Hilton- they hated it also. I know it's not your fault but I would not book on your site again if this is the quality of your recommendations!

The cookie

Not clean pool dirty

the reception desk lady was very gentle and effective

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Nobody cleaned room service for over 24 hours. Someone left a mess outside and nobody cleaned it

Complicated free wifi registration procedure

Extremely helpful staff, good room service menu

Very comfortable, great pillows

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Desk person - Oswaldo - was extra friendly , funny, and welcoming!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing. It was all great.

I asked for a ground floor room and was accommodated no hassle. Staff always on hand with helpful hints and maps.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

continental breakfast was not included in price

Loved the warm chocolate cookie upon registering!

customer service

bed

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

tv did not work. had to call maintenance. water in shower was cold

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I was pleased with the hotel, but I asked for a wake up call for 5:30 am nobody called me. I am lucky I woke up myself.

• King Room - Hearing Access with Roll-In Shower/Non-Smoking

Beds niece and firm.Room was not the one reserved but mgr gave us comp breakfast ticket

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Comfortable with a lot of amenities. Loved the restaurant attached to the hotel. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom needs updating. The bathtub had areas that were chipped and painted over. It just looked worn and in need of a makeover.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The integrated bar and restaurant was fun and convenient.

• Reviewed: 9 May 2016

Phones were working poorly in our room when we called the front desk.

The boom burger restaurant was excellent and did not have to leave the hotel to get to it

• Reviewed: 13 October 2015

The 1st room ( before upgrade) was overpriced. Phone system didn't work/ wouldn't ring at main desk. WiFi was spotty - ended up not connecting to it. Couldn't order from menu on weekends so had to pay for unappetizing/overpriced breakfast buffet in sports bar setting.

When we complained upon arrival that the bathroom door was broken(!) we were upgraded to a much nicer room. The 1st room was rather small but the upgraded room was much roomier. Bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2015

Lots of holds placed on credit card first two days. Then they all dropped off but one. I couldn't figure out what it was because I basically just slept there my 3 nights and was gone all day. Maybe they charged for Internet or the complimentary toothpaste? Not sure.

Very courteous and helpful staff. Nice location. Great amenities.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2015

no extra blankets ,pillows sheets for the pullout bed. 2 washing machines broke down, no extra linen in stock

Nice location for visit to my son in june 2015. easy on off major hiway

• Reviewed: 28 May 2015

We went to the bar attached to the hotel (Boom) and ordered a bottle of wine. The server came back 15 minutes later saying he didn't have that bottle, so we ordered a different one. It took another 30 minutes and he came back with a warm bottle of white wine. There is also nothing to do in the town, especially if you don't have a car.

It was clean and the service was amazing. Our car broke down nearby on the highway so we were thankful for the shuttle service for driving us to get supper and back to the garage to get our car.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2015

The Soda machine and the snack store are very expensive.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2015

None.

The reception and the cleanliness!

• Reviewed: 28 May 2015

Fitness, helpful staff, free coffee all day, comfort and quiet

• Reviewed: 19 February 2015

The staff were amazingly helpful.

There are also 25 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.