Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Memphis 3 stars

5069 Sanderlin Avenue, Memphis, TN 38117, USA

#31 of 88 hotels in Memphis

Terrible staff!
    • King Room - Mobility Accessible

The staff was terrible! They’re not professional at all. I believe her name was Gloria or Glenda, she works at the front desk. Definitely would not book to stay here again.

The property is in a very great location!

Disappointed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Was in town for a funeral and when returned that night (about 9:00pm), my room had not been cleaned. Beds were not made up or linen changed. Dirty/wet towels were still on the floor. Upon depart on Sunday morning, there was no water pressure to be able to take a shower. We were told after my husband called the front desk that the hot water heater was being worked on. Therefore, we had to leave without showers. Was informed that someone would contact us about our stay and this did not happen.

I liked the location of the hotel

Could not have gone better.

Cannot think of anything

It suited my purposes in every aspect. Good food. Very nice breakfast buffet. It had everything. Room was just right. Staff and hospitality was excellent.

Location is nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A couple of the staff was kind of rude. There were 3 used, wet wash cloths in the bathroom of our room. There were not enough clean towels.

Location is nice. Everything was clean & looked nice (except for the used wash cloths). Indoor/outdoor pool was nice. Convenient, free parking.

The room was great, staff nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The air conditioner in the room was extremely loud. Also, the closet door didn’t work properly. Hard to open and close.

The room was great, staff nice.

On busy weekends, maybe check your loyal guest visit history and make sure they don't get screwed.
    • Non-Smoking Executive King Room

My room had no air when I walked in. The front desk sent a tech who only looked at it and said it would be ok, as my room was 77 degrees. It was not. NO air is the worst experience in a hotel. The tub also had multiple long brunette hairs on it. Not mine. Gross.

Usually I love this hotel. I have stayed there several times in the past with no issues. Love the location, the staff, and the cookies.

Fact that we had to request three times extra blankets for...
    • King Room - Mobility Accessible

Fact that we had to request three times extra blankets for pack and play before they were brought to our room. Took a day and half to receive them. Were told they were drying the first two requests.

Nice staycation

Housekeeping could have been more mindful about keeping quiet at 9 am.

This property is located in a very safe neighborhood. Yes, you will end up driving 20 min to get downtown, but there is virtually no public transportation in Memphis so you’ll need to rent a car anyway. Very clean, modern facilities and they serve Starbucks. There is also a Whole Foods and a couple of great restaurants in walking distance. I think staying at the hotel is a great value vs. paying an arm and a leg for a downtown hotel esp during citywide events such as Memphis in May.

Fair price

We were on the ground floor near staff offices, it could have been more quite. Not at all central but cost reflected this.

The Staff were curious and helpful.

Very nice. Will stay there again.

Nothing I really did not like

Comfortable bed and staff was great. One of the supervising staff on the 5th floor helped with an issue I had with my room. She fixed it right away, was very courteous, and it was all done in less than 10 minutes. Greagtt job.

average
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was a little outdated. I expected more from a Hilton no water in my room had to go downstairs to get it. Cookies were not visible you had to ask

Beds were comfortable and clean. Coffee was good

The property was pretty, clean, and in a great area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Long Rant Alert!! The property refused to honor my rate that booking.com quoted and reserved me for. The hotel initially wanted to charge me $180 even though my total was supposed to be $136.00 AFTER taxes. I showed the front desk my Booking.com reservation and she stated that this is why they hate third parties and I would need to contact Booking.com. I called Booking.com and the rep called the hotel on conference. The manager agreed to honor their rate OF $113.00. HOWEVER the hotel did NOT honor that rate and charged me $162.00!! I was so exhausted with the whole thing so I just accepted the lost and vowed to not use them and maybe not use Booking.com again either. 🙄

The property was pretty, clean, and in a great area.

Clean & comfortable

I was disappointed with the pool. We tried swimming Friday night only to find it freezing inside because a part of the glass roof was missing.

Clean & comfortable

Comfortable hotel with friendly staff in a convenient location

The restaurant

Staff are always great, fitness centre and pool perfectly adequate and the rooms are comfortable. The restaurant is a little disappointing but the location makes up for it, plenty of places to eat within an easy, flat 5 minute walk.

The hotel itself was great however the lady who check us out...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Customer service and the restaurant people were poor we had to call like 5 times to get a hold of someone at the restaurant to order room service .

The hotel itself was great however the lady who check us out was very rude and not helpful at all!! Had to find the manager who helped us with our questions very nice guy.

It's Our Anniversary!
    • Non-Smoking Executive King Room

The restaurant that is attached needs some work. The drink that I ordered tasted like the juice was poured from an old can. The food was bland and what seemed to be room temperature. I had to cancel my appetizer because my entree arrived first. I won't complain too much because the meal was comp but I expected better.

The location was wonderful. Only about 2-10 miles from shopping malls, restaurants, and the famous Beale Street

Convenient and clean, Double Tree provided a decent experience with no extras.

Breakfast was not included with stay, lack of travel information for local sites, no table and chairs in lobby to have coffee and socialize, and no exhaust fan in bathroom.

Room was spacious and clean.

The location was very nice and by nice restaurants, malls...
    • Non-Smoking Executive King Room

The floor I stayed on was noisy. Kids running rampant in the halls with a lot of door slamming

The location was very nice and by nice restaurants, malls and near downtown.

Very nice hotel although housekeeping could be more respectful of guest.

Housekeeping knocked on our door despite the "Do Not Disturb" sign being on the door and was loud while we were trying to sleep @ 9am: slamming doors, throwing things on the cart and yelling to one another at!!!

The bed is extremely comfortable, rooms are up-to-date and very nice!!!!

Pleasant stay

Easy to get to, close to our event, places to eat close by. Everyone was nice and treated us well. Parking was no problem and secure. Check out was easy and we enjoyed the cookies at check in and the snacks that were brought to our room!

Bed was great.

ONLY thing is that there are four charges on my bank account an amount greater than what I agreed to pay. The lady at the front desk said they would fall off, but have not...

Bed was great. Room was classy.

I would stay again!

Our room was a little smaller than expected. We couldn’t park all the way around the building. Traffic was horrible.

The cookies:) and the swimming pool! The bathroom was also very nice as well as the restaurant. The staff were very nice; including the ladies who cleaned

I use this hotel regularly, i's good but with a bit of imprvement in the car and restaurant area it
    • King Room - Mobility Accessible

Bar service can be slow and the restaurant food isn't great, there are good restaurants in a few minutes walk though so it's not a problem

Generally the staff are great, bar service not so good, the pool and gym area is good, location is great. All in all a nice place to stay.

A comfortable stay, a decent hotel which is accurately described on its web site
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Restaurant food is not so good although there are lots of places to eat locally

Friendly staff, clean and with usable fitness facilities. The location is both convenient and safe

Great stay with the exception of not getting room I requested. Had to go buy blow up mattress.
    • Non-Smoking Executive King Room

I asked for I king with sleeper sofa for 3 adults. Room had only king and no other rooms or rollaway available. Desk told me they could do nothing and to contact booking.com.

Our trip was thoroughly enjoyable. We were impressed with how much the city of Memphis has to offer.

The only thing that could have been better is that we had an extra day to stay.

The room was beautiful and very comfortable. The staff was professional courteous and friendly. We ate breakfast at the dining facility at the hotel and was pleased with the food and servers.

when I got home and checked my banking account.

when I got home and checked my banking account. Found overcharged by Hotel by over $200.00 from what I had signed up through Bookings.com. Called hotel then Bookings. Very poor customer service rep at Bookings. Said I would have to prove my problem by sending copy of my bank statement, original processing fee, etc,\. Then they would look at and if problem found would check to see if hotel had overcharged rate. Then have the hotel refund. Could take a few weeks. (in process of doing this.) Also I requested copy of bill from Doubletree Memphis Hotel twice. Yet to receive. Have used Bookings for years on making my hotel reservations, very disappointed on this problem. If after sending this information in next week and I get no refund I will discontinue to use your service. As a loyal Bookings customer not happy at this time

My stay at the double tree hotel was okay .

I don't like that the hotel barely had any good cable channels and my room didn't have a microwave.

I love how the hotel was close to everything. It was really nice of the hotel to give people those chocolate chip cookies.

Very nice

No suggestions

Friendly staff, clean and comfortable room. And of course, the cookies at check-in. Several excellent restaurants within walking distance and also a movie theatre.

The fresh baked cookie at check in, the very friendly staff,...

My wireless key did not work and the parking lot was crowded

The fresh baked cookie at check in, the very friendly staff, and the bathroom was really nice

The room next door was out of order.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room next door was out of order. Looked like the doorknob was broken. That made for a much quieter room, which is what I like. Received texts to my cell phone inquiring as to how the stay was going (which I have never received before). And, of course, there are the warm cookies. I will stay there again when I am in Memphis.

The staff at Double Tree was awesome!

Nothing! Everything was great

The staff at Double Tree was awesome! There was a mix up at first because they had someone else's name under my reservation but luckily I had my reservation confirmation number and they worked it all out with a smile. They were very professional and we are so thankful that we chose you guys!

it was not worth almost $1000 me and my family were pissed.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I booked 3 rooms this hotel through booking. I booked it for 285 for each room and when I checked out they hit me with $100+ worth of taxes for each room during check out and then took out a $409 deposit when we got there. I cleared this up more than once with the front desk during our stay and nothing has changed. the front desk told me that it was just a deposit and that it would just be 285 when we check out but instead it was 385. Also on the first night in one of the three rooms I booked one of the rooms where not clean and looked like someone had just left the room.

the rooms were big.

I liked the cleaning crew they was very nice.
    • Non-Smoking Executive King Room

I didn't like that my room was 362.20 and I got charged 462.20, and no one at the hotel could explain to me why.

I liked the cleaning crew they was very nice.

great stay and will return.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room could have had more lighting and the bathroom could have been a bit larger but overall it was great

The bed was great, location great staff very nice. And the cookies were awesome, nice restaurant also.

For business hotel recommendable!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast price is not included, it is more a business hotel than an romantic hotel for couples

Coffee in the room, every day new soaps, pool is nice and clean, Personal is very friendly and helpful, also an US football team was staying in the hotel - that means that it is a good hotel, you can have ice for cold drinks for free, refrigerator in the room

Area felt safe and not too far from downtown.
    • King Room - Mobility Accessible

Could've had better accommodations around pool area (more up to date lounge chairs etc). Also touch ups around windows and vents for a/c units very noticeable from pool area. And hallway carpet on fourth floor had bleach stains in front of a few rooms, a little unsightly.

Area felt safe and not too far from downtown. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and eager to offer any help needed, from extra towels to directions. Nice and quiet atmosphere.

Would love to stay there again.

Their wifi wasn't great at all.

This place is gorgeous. I loved my room. I loved loved the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and the pool area was a dream.

I've stayed at better...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The service from the bellhop was terrible. He was extremely unfriendly. The cookies, which are always a perk, were cold. The room was so humid that the floor and bedding were moist.

Beautiful room and pool
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the front desk woman's treatment of my family and I when we were checking in. Also, the Wi-Fi wasn't working, but we had unlimited data anyways.

The room was very nice with luxury and modern mixed together. The bathroom was very clean and luminous and was stocked with everything a person would need. The beds were unbelievably comfortable and the pool was amazing. It started on the inside and you have to swim under and go to the outside. The room had everything we needed and the cable worked fine. They gave us cookies when we checked in and it was delicious.

Staff were attentive and professional as usual.
    • Non-Smoking Executive King Room

My room was on the Eighth floor and the hallway going to the room was very hot and humid (<90 degrees) as was the elevator. Unexpected for an executive level floor. The temperature in the room fluctuated greatly with the sun so an acceptable temperature setting on the air conditioner for the daytime turned into a very cold night. This could explain why the carpet seemed damp. Ask for an even numbered room and this should not be a problem.

Staff were attentive and professional as usual. Facility was very clean.

Hated it!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They didn't have a free breakfast, just for a bowl of cereal was $5.95...not a good place for family vacation. It's more business oriented. Will never go again

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

I was not given a bill when I checked out to verify what I...

I was not given a bill when I checked out to verify what I was being charged. the woman behind the counter said the computer system was down and she would e-mail me the charges, she did not. unacceptable.

Great place to stay in Memphis!

From the moment we walked in the door we were greeted and treated very well. The front desk staff were great and wanted to make sure our stay was a good one. The cookies are a nice touch. Our room was clean and well maintained. We asked about local dining and were given many suggestions and directions to each one, they even offered to take us to the one of our choice within 5 miles. Kevin was the front desk person he should teach lessons on great customer service, he is an asset.

Hotel Good but Stay away fron Lynchbyrd Cafe!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The restaurant bar attendant Lela was unprofessional and lacking in customer service sjills. My party sat there 30 minutes after asking for a drink menu and she never addressed our tables. I co.plained to the front desk after leaving Lynchbyrd cafe and went across the street, where we were served.

Reception and check in was fast and courteous. Rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

nice modern look

- pool only had one towel and no one offered to help - they didn't replenish coffee after 1st day - they didn't provide enough towels in room

nice modern look staff was friendly but lacked in providing key essentials (see below)

Terrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Mattresses were terrible and my bed's mattress was on an sharp angle and I thought I was going to fall out of bed. Reported to front desk and nothing was done, so we checked out a day early. Also no hot water.

My overall stay was great
    • Non-Smoking Executive King Room

It was super far from downtown, at least 30mins away from all of Memphis attractions

Love the executive room and the robe and slippers that come with the room...the bed was super soft and comfortable, the lounge was amazing and the staff was really friendly

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Exactly what we were looking for

There wasn't really anything that we didn't like about the stay. The accommodations were as expected, the location was good. We would stay there again.

The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. They greeted guests in a warm and friendly manner and were responsive to questions as well as being helpful when the fire alarm went off in the middle of the night.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

The location is everything
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When I check in there wasn't any cookies, the staff told me to come back the next day because they were out . So the next day they were out Again.

Omgawwddd the beds are like heaven the best sleep EVERRRRR

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

The Double Tree property is a nice comfortable and convenient location in downtown Memphis.

I did not receive credit for my hilton honors stay because I booked through a third party. I was disappointed that the issue of non-credit was not disclaimed in my third party reservation, and had I known, the credit would not be given, I would have booked direct to the hilton.com website. Because of the disclaimer was not given, I lost my points and the option to receive complimentary breakfast while staying at the hotel.

I liked the courtesy of the staff. The complimentary breakfast.

Worth the money
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Great staff, great location plenty to do right around hotel. Room was very clean and clean smelling. Breakfast there is good and the bar has good food and drinks.

Bed was very comfortable.

Room wasn't all the way cleaned police was knocking at our door @430 am hallway smelled like marijuana.

Bed was very comfortable. Staff was very polite

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I really liked how the pool was both indoor and outdoor as well. That was fun! The location was in a nice and safe area as well.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

The staff at check in.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff at check in....the older black lady was very helpful and friendly at time of check in, and she was frustrated also,i know she was, but u couldn't tell.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Be prepared for rude front desk staff.

The hotel clerks are rude and unprofessional. They swiped my credit card without confirming the price of the room. I asked the gentle men at the desk for a total before swiping my card he informed me he was unable to.

Melva the server in the hotel lodge

It was modern.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pillows were to soft, missing outlet on light socket, cracked mirror in bathroom and room wasn't vacuumed after previous guest checked out and no continental breakfast; your only option is the restaurant.

It was modern.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Wonderful visit

The hair dryer got super hot and the handle burned my hand. I told the front desk and they apologized for the mishap and that was it. I hope they tossed it so it doesn't happen to someone else.

All the staff was extremely polite

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Not a bad stay, but could be better
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My problems did not occur until after my stay. I had multiple cards attached to my room and both were charged for two very separate amounts. When I attempted to contact the facility and rectify the situation I was met with rudeness and attitude. In fact, I'm still awaiting a callback on lost keys in the room.

The rooms were somewhat updated. They were clean. It was quiet even though there was a family reunion going on. I loved the convenience to food, shopping and entertainment.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

Great family vacation if you and your family are in town!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Suggestion: A copy of the local newspaper would have been nice, so we would know of the events held within the city.

My grandsons loved the warm cookies and the swimming pool. We even had to swim the day of checkout because they loved the indoor/outdoor pool! The beds were comfortable and the rooms were spacious.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Fun filled weekend!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Me and my guest were ask to leave the banquet area,we crashed a private party.

It was an exciting stay,comfortable and convenient. Breakfast was excellent . banquet room attendants were awesome and enjoyable and very accommodating

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Awesome place to stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds are very comfortable, everyone was very pleasant. Would recommend to friends and family. There is a restaurant on site. Good location, lots to do in Memphis. Close to a lot of the attractions.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

The room was very nice and clean and the staff was great...
    • Non-Smoking Executive Double Room

The Lynchburg restaurant service was poor only one server and he was not genuine to all quest equally

The room was very nice and clean and the staff was great they made you feel at home

Breakfast wasn’t included

Breakfast wasn’t included

Not a top-quality hotel
    • King Room - Mobility Accessible

One day they forgot to clean my room I called three times and still no one came to clean

The pool was beautiful.

The rooms need remodel.

The pool was beautiful.

Wi-Fi was a pain to comment to.

Wi-Fi was a pain to comment to. Had to keep renewing connection. Ok when connected!

They wanted to charge me double of pay from what my...

They wanted to charge me double of pay from what my reservation was set forth, so i have a red flag on that hotel...

The staff is very disloyal

Housekeeping never return a gold watch I left in the room.

The staff is very disloyal

Enjoy my stay will return next year..

No Microwave..

My overall experience!!

Clean room, friendly service and the cookies at check in.

Clean room, friendly service and the cookies at check in. And the additional cookies after returning from bar hopping! :)

No good
    • Non-Smoking Executive Double Room

Noting

Adequate but unexceptional
    • Non-Smoking Executive King Room

Tired property. Carpets need replacing.

Room was comfortable

Beautiful place

Bathtub was extremely slick. Had to hold grip bar all the time Several others felt the same way.

Nice room and great helpful staff.

Indoor pool