2. USA hotel reviews
  3. New York State hotel reviews
  4. New York hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan New York City

Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan New York City This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

569 Lexington Avenue, Midtown East, New York, NY 10022, United States of America

#344 of 422 hotels in New York

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: February 22, 2019

It was a wonderful and eventful stay for me
    • Queen Room

Nothing could have been done better because everything about the hotel is wonderful .

I love everything about the place will love to visit there again , the hotel location is awesome and has everything i wanted around it .

• Reviewed: February 21, 2019

Close to the 6 subway station.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Fairly small bathroom. Pillows were ones where your head sunk into them and was lumpy thus wasn’t comfortable for me.

Close to the 6 subway station. Beds comfortable. Water pressure was good in the shower. Free warm cookie on arrival. Large room with 2 double beds.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2019

Rooms are cosy, bed really comfortable but rooms are a...
    • Queen Room

Staff are a little slow. Was only advised of our “welcome pack” day we were leaving. Still didn’t get it so don’t know what it contained

Rooms are cosy, bed really comfortable but rooms are a little dated. No coffee making facilities in the room which I am sure was advertised

• Reviewed: February 19, 2019

Very centrally located hotel with great amenities. The staff was consistently friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

All of the staff was very friendly and the hotel room was very clean. The only thing that could have been improved was fixing the water damage on the door in the bathroom.

I really enjoyed the location of the hotel. Our room was always clean when we came back in from a long day of being tourists. All of the hotel staff was so friendly and helpful (even when I thought my laptop had gone missing).

• Reviewed: February 19, 2019

the air conditioning was not working and we could hear the...
    • Queen Room with Bathtub - Disability Access

the air conditioning was not working and we could hear the construction from our room. although I am sure the employees would have switched rooms for us, we did not want to bother since we did not spend too much time in our room anyway.

• Reviewed: February 13, 2019

• Queen Room - High Floor

I asked reserved for a room on a high floor and when i arrived was told they are out. What is the point in paying more money for a higher floor and am told the day of they don’t have any high floored rooms? Didn’t offer to make up for it in any way

• Reviewed: February 12, 2019

Amazing.
    • Queen Room

Somethings I didn’t like was that the ceiling from the bathroom was all nasty and ugly. And also the balcony door didn’t close completely so there was cold air coming in.

Amazing. Friendly staff very clean. Very quiet and peaceful.

• Reviewed: February 11, 2019

We always enjoy Hilton Doubletree and while the hotel maybe looking a little tired the location and
    • Queen Room

The room we were in 418 had a damaged window and some mold growing in the shower caulking between tiles. Really should be repaired before the room is used again.

The staff in particular the bellhop and valet were phenomenal. The front desk average.

I love the location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The paint was chipping above the window and the door to the bathroom and closet are worn out. They didn’t explain the incidental fee in the booking so it took us by surprise when she charged me more than the booking.com fee (put a pending transaction) at the time of check-in. I went back and had another woman explain it more to me, which she did. She then made it clear I’d get the fee back at check out. The room walls are fairly thin, I could hear the person to my right talking on the phone quite clearly The cleaning woman on the day of checkout was alerting us room by room to ensure we knew when it was time to go. She knocked on the door across mine then proceeded to open the door when he didn’t answer quick enough. He gave her a lot of heat about how she intruded. They got into an argument. Wasn’t the best way to start out my morning. The double tree famous cookies weren’t edible, they were stale and hot when given to us.

I love the location. It’s close to a lot of food and things to do. Across the street is a food court full of extremely great options. Across from the train. Hotel beds are comfortable and easy to access the hotel.

• Reviewed: February 11, 2019

Walked into the room and it was 80 degrees in there.

Walked into the room and it was 80 degrees in there. Turned thermostat down to 63 and the room never cooled off. We got to the room at 2am after a fun city night and was too tired to start complaining to the front desk, do we just sucked it up knowing we were getting up and checking out early. My son and his wife who were staying in another room in the hotel said their room felt like a sauna as well. When I mentioned to the front desk upon check out, the front desk woman said, “sorry to hear that, do you want your bill printed out?”, meaning to me that she couldn’t care less.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2019

Location to subway, polite staff.

Certain parts of the hotel had streak marks along walls and baseboards. In the room, some areas needed maintenance. Re: vent in bathroom had about 8 layers of peeling paint, wallpaper starting to peel, not enough room between desk and end of bed, had to ask for a remote control for tv, wastebaskets very tiny, no refrigerator in the room.

Location to subway, polite staff.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2019

Smells amazing and the cookies are delicious

There was a glitch in their system so there was a longer than usual wait to check in. Staff was extremely apologetic about it which I appreciated.

Smells amazing and the cookies are delicious

• Reviewed: February 9, 2019

Nice location but too many “but...”
    • Queen Room - High Floor

1. Broken water tap in the room almost separated from the sink. 2. Very cold room with the room heater that didn’t work. When asked at the reception to fix it i’ve been told that actual 60F in the room is “normal” and “enough”, anyway they promised to bring a small heater which had never been brought. 3. I had a luggage delayed by the carrier and asked the hotel staff to let me know as soon as it arrives. Yes, of course, I’ve been promised to do that, but guess what... bingo! Nobody told me, I learned on my suitcase from an e-mail notification sent by delivery company.

Convenient location, friendly staff at check-in, food in the lobby bar

• Reviewed: February 7, 2019

would stay again if the price was the same
    • Queen Room

reception staff seemed moody, no kettle, tea or coffee which was a shame, the walls in the room are paper thin, the door had great big gap around it which meant you could hear every person walking past, cleaning staff very noisy in the morning

the room is ok for the price as it was literally for sleeping and showering, location is central-ish, bathroom clean enough, Central Park 15 mins walk, 5th 6th avenue 10-13 mins walk, 34th street 30 mins walk, we walked all the way to 9/11 memorial which took around 1h30 mins. I wouldn't waste valuable sight seeing time getting the subway walk to places and check out what's around you as its amazing

• Reviewed: February 4, 2019

Great to base yourself from
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Definitely needs a small refurb but that was outweighed by the location. Subway station 50 feet from front door Hotel bar prices were hillariously overpriced.

Location location location! Shower had great pressure Staff friendly. Upon returning each evening room was cleaned and beds made. Subway on doorstep, deli next door, pharmacy across road.

• Reviewed: February 1, 2019

Good location, just by the subway station. Lots of amenities. A bit noisy.
    • Queen Room - High Floor

The hotel is quite old and the level of cleaness was not always as expected. The air-con was very noisy.

The room was large enough for me. The location is great.

• Reviewed: February 1, 2019

Good Hotel clean

The first receptionist but the 2nd was a dream so good and helpful top

The room clean a little more lighting is an adea i suggest to put electricity adaptor in each room that is convenient but excellent hotel in for me central place

What a lovely hotel!
    • Queen Room

What a lovely hotel! The staff were very friendly and welcoming. When i got to my room it was cold inside and couldn't figure out how to turn on the heater. I called the front desk and they sent a technician right who regulate the heating system and brought a space heater for my convenience. The bed was very comfortable. Overall i am very satisfied and will definitely book a room again at DoubleTree Hilton!

Staff was friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Second night our heat in the room would start blasting. No matter how much we tried to turn it down it wouldn't work. Which was weird because the first night we slept at a comfortable 65. Rooms are clean but are not big at all!

Staff was friendly. Place was clean and you get unlimited cookies!!!

• Reviewed: January 28, 2019

Eeeeeeek, not staying here again.
    • Queen Room

Less than hospitable hotel staff! The porters showed more attention and hospitality than those in the lobby. No refrigerator in the tiny room and could have been much cleaner.

Great location! Easy to find parking on weekend nights.

• Reviewed: January 26, 2019

Location was fabulous.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub

The staff was unfriendly and rude. Coffee was not available until 6:30am. This time was not adhered to by any means. Why coffee wasn’t available earlier could not be answered and the front desk staff didn’t care. I had to leave the hotel and purchase coffee at a deli two blocks away.

Location was fabulous. The hotel was clean. The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: January 26, 2019

convenient location,using a subway can easily arrive.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

convenient location,using a subway can easily arrive. the cookie is delicious when you arrive. The room is clean and warm. The restroom is a little bit small. High CP in NY midtown btw

• Reviewed: January 25, 2019

Like living in a cave
    • Queen Room

The room was so dark it was like living in a cave. They change me to another room but it was exactly the same darkness. I finally said just bring me some lamps so I can see. It took them hours and hours to bring one lamp they kept promising it was coming right up. You would call the front desk and no one would answer for hours. This is a horrible place and I will never stay here again

• Reviewed: January 22, 2019

location was good, but not value for money
    • Queen Room

rooms were very dated, old fashioned and very dark. wasn't offered free water, some staff were also rude.

the bar did good sangria, train station is right outside hotel & food spots super close for grabbing snacks or a late night meal.

• Reviewed: January 14, 2019

Location - cleanliness- staff - My husband has cancer - so...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds- High Floor

Location - cleanliness- staff - My husband has cancer - so we come to Manhattan New York every 3 months - to go to Memorial Sloan Kettering- Great Hotel !!! Great Staff !!! Very Clean !!!

• Reviewed: January 9, 2019

Overall a troublesome stay
    • Queen Room - High Floor

I have stayed at this same hotel 3x now. Upon arrival , which was 1:38 pm , I asked if I could check in and was very very rudely told that my room wasn’t ready and check-in is at 3. I was just in NYC at the courtyard Marriott in the upper Eastside two weeks prior and was allowed to check in earlier. I do understand that sometimes rooms aren’t available for early check in but it was the way Taryn at the front desk spoke to me that I didn’t appreciate. Then our fist day ..we left our room at around noon, our room was not cleaned so I had to ask for clean towels. Day of checkout I called front desk to see if I could get late check out (I’ve never had a problem getting an extra hour) ..guy on the phone told me latest he could do was noon which is normal checkout time anyway so that was annoying. I go down to checkout and again Taryn is at the front desk and was just as rude as the day I checked in. I have always had good experiences at this hotel but due to the rudeness of the person at the front desk I don’t think I will be back. I checked in at about 5:30 pm and was not allowed to check out even 1/2 hour later.

The location of this hotel, comfortable beds, spacious rooms and overall cleanliness has brought me back time and again. I have even referred friends to this location who were visiting NYC. But after this experience I will not be back.

• Reviewed: January 9, 2019

Clean room,great location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds- High Floor

The bathroom needed some work. The bathtub was chipping and the door was swollen and paint chipping.

Clean room,great location. The entrance and bar area were real nice.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2019

• Double Room with Two Double Beds- High Floor

The staff could have been more friendly and approachable, especially the bar staff. There was no fridge in the room. The room was too hot throughout our stay with no way of turning the temperature down. The breakfast was expensive for what was served

The location was great and the hotel & room were tidy

• Reviewed: January 3, 2019

• Queen Room

Extremely busy, we arrived at 7pm after travelling from the UK and there were no rooms ready so we couldn’t check in (check in is 3pm?????) so we had to sit in the bar and wait for a room to be ready. Not acceptable at all. We had been travelling for a very long time and were very tired. I didn’t like the wallpaper peeling off the walls in our room either. Very shabby, not what I would expect of a Hilton Hotel.

• Reviewed: January 1, 2019

Although mixed experiences with members of staff, it was what it said on the tin.
    • Queen Room

Housekeeping changed the sheets once while we were there and only once been asked. Door was left open to our room also. The bartenders and other members of staff were moody and not overally friendly to the guests. Price was extortionate however probably the same as every other similar hotel in manhattan.

Location location location! Ideal for proximity to the centre of the city. Comfortable spacious rooms. Large open comfortable lobby. Efficient and professional front desk.

• Reviewed: December 30, 2018

Great location, comfy beds
    • Queen Room

On arrival we found someone elses chewing gum in our room, on the heatingsystem behind the desk. We asked frontdesk to take it away, but returning to the room in the evening it was still there. The concierge was very annoying, trying to push a time share membership with Hilton Vacation club. He would not leave us alone! On departure we left a 200 USD electric toothbrush in the room by accident. We called hours after departure to schedule a pickup (we were still in NYC for a few days) but the housekeeping "did not find the item" though we are 100% sure we left it in the bathroom. We would be called back by security, but this never happened. Can not recommend!

Great location, comfy beds

• Reviewed: December 28, 2018

The hotel was excellent for location. It was clean and warm and welcoming. I would stay there again
    • Queen Room

There was no kettle in the room or a fridge.

The location was excellent. The subway could not have been any closer but we were also in walking distance of some of the places we wanted to see. The room was very clean, warm and spacious enough for us. The staff were friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: December 28, 2018

Guest services needs a re-training session, the hotel itself is decent.

When storing my luggage the first morning, the bellman told me the “fee” was $3. Later i read the signs that indicated the baggage fee was $1. $2 is not a big deal but it was a cheap move that immediately put a bad taste in my mouth. Asked for a room on a higher floor via the notes section, was on the third floor. Front desk staff was arrogant and cold. No coffee maker in the room.

Our room was cleaned nicely each day and the cleaning staff we saw in the hall greeted us warmly in the mornings. Lobby bar was fun and staff was courteous and efficient. The room wasnt in perfect condition but a good size for NYC.

• Reviewed: December 26, 2018

• Queen Room

Our room was next to the lifts and by the subway so was extremely noisy. The staff were not very friendly and when checking in, did not explain that we had to pay a deposit. We were also not offered a cookie when checking out which we have when staying in other DoubleTree Hilton’s.

The hotel was in a good location within walking distance of most attractions.

• Reviewed: December 26, 2018

This was the seal on our Beautiful Christmas.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds- High Floor

I didn't like that the cool air would not work. Only warm air. The temp outside wasn't to cold.

We had little interaction with the Front Desk staff because they were not needed but the cleaning staff on our floor was Amazing! The Lady whom cleaned our room, as well as the ones around us, was Very Professional and Nice. She always spoke saying hi. We always asked her questions and she was very well knowledgeable concerning this hotel. A maintenance man was very helpful to us as well. The humidity and uncommon season warmth was uncomfortable so the Maintenance Man gave us a fan to use. I had the window slid open to it's maximum position and used the fan to pull in cool air. The ladies that worked in the Gift Shop were excellent! We spoke with them daily when purchasing. They were very well knowledgeable of downtown. They made our visit to NYC much easier as if we were not "rookies".

• Reviewed: December 25, 2018

Great for business but not so good for Families
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

After a 9 hour drive, we just wanted to go to the room and have a tea or coffee. A bottle of water would have been nice for the kids, but there were no factilities like that in the room. Travelling with a family when the kids were asleep I couldn’t leave them to get a drink, so you had to buy it before you went to your room, easier said than done when you’ve experienced 12 hours of rain and everyone is soaking wet and grumpy. Or use room service was was pricy. The movies for the kids on tv had a fantastic selection available of new releases, however at $20 a movie I could have purchased my own DVD, luckily we had iPads to use instead. Overall a nice hotel, but lacking in basic needs. Perfect for business travel but needs a few more home like amenities. Great location!!

Overall a nice hotel, but lacking in basic needs. Perfect for business travel but needs a few more home like amenities. House keeping was great, polite and friendly. Clean towels everyday Great location!

• Reviewed: December 24, 2018

Excellent price for amazing location!
    • Queen Room

Bathrooms could be updated.

Convenient location. Comfortable beds. Amazing price of $128/night the week before Christmas. Upgraded us to King Size Bed. Free Wifi

• Reviewed: December 24, 2018

One night in Nyc
    • Queen Room

We stay here when ever we come to Nyc which is about 2-3 times a year. We love the location, friendly staff, cleanliness and the price isn’t horrible for NYC

• Reviewed: December 22, 2018

The bed was so comfortable, wish I could take it home!

Bathroom door was full of moisture and broken and therefore dirty and unattractive . The water flooded out of the shower (it was a very good shower) onto the bathroom floor. We had 2 rooms 451 and 429. Beside that bathrooms were nice, clean and practical.

The bed was so comfortable, wish I could take it home!

• Reviewed: December 19, 2018

Beds were very bad.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beds were very bad. Uncomfortable and very lumpy. I even had to lay on floor one night because it was more comfortable than the bed. We were told we couldn't turn the heat off in the room because it was on one main switch so the room was always very hot.

• Reviewed: December 17, 2018

Great location, just needs a bit of updating and help in the lobby area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The lobby bar area was very busy and they could of had a few more people working, the guy working was really nice but there were so many tables, he needed at least another person to help out. Bathroom small and a bit dated but clean. The temperature in the room you could not really cool it down, so it was a bit warm and would have to sleep in a t-shirt and on top of the sheets.

We loved the location, it had easy access to everything and front desk staff was great and also the doorman saved us money. It was easy to store the luggage since we did not leave till 4pm.

• Reviewed: December 16, 2018

The Hotel is perfectly located in midtown next to the subway...
    • Queen Room

The Bathroom was in bad shape. There is a water leak in the sealing of the room, exactly above the toilet, and we were afraid it will collapse. It would be good if you fix that fast.

The Hotel is perfectly located in midtown next to the subway station 51st street. It was super easy to find and we loved our stay. The staff was friendly and really helpful.

• Reviewed: December 16, 2018

Shockingly overpriced hotel with poor checkin service.

Almost everything.

This was the most outrageously over-priced stay in a Manhattan hotel in the last ten years. Rates were high for these dates in the city, but this was scandalously expensive for a tiny room (shower room badly needing refurbishment). Huge queues at check-in, no visible Hilton Honors checkin. Staff were courteous, especially the concierge. My last DoubleTree booking in nyc (April this year) they'd never heard of me on arrival, had to find another city hotel at 10.00 in the evening. Didn't lift a finger to help me. And now this. Never again a DoubleTree in Manhattan!

• Reviewed: December 14, 2018

Lovely hotel SUPERB location.

The hotel is in a great location but the check in process is long and slow and needs work. The bathrooms are old, worn and dated and need refurbishment. A restaurant for breakfast would be a nice addition to this hotel. I think that at check in, a breakdown should be given of holding fees

The location is absolutely SUPERB. The bed is really comfortable and the room has all the basic amenities required. It’s clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: December 12, 2018

Overall, great location. The rooms could use better lighting.
    • Queen Room

The check-in staff were not particularly friendly. The room I received was very dark inside and had a door going out onto a balcony. The cold air came in and kept the room very cool as well as the roller shade did not block out the light. I would put a heavy curtain across the door for privacy at night. Room 1844.

The bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

We had a party of four.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds- High Floor

We had a party of four. They messed up the reservation and gave us 1 king size bed. They also didn't want tondo anything about it. 4 people 1 king bed and they gave us 1 roll away twin bed.

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

The room was clean and bed was comfortable.
    • Queen Room

Do not use valet service. They said it would take 10 min to get car and it’s been over 45 minutes and still waiting as I sit in lobby and wait. Usually park my own car. Recommend parking yourself!!

The room was clean and bed was comfortable. Close to things I was doing. Still a bit expensive but this is how it is around Christmas.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Comfortable bed.
    • Queen Room

You can see in the recepcionists faces they are tired of turists. Not a comfortable feel they should be more natural at the end of the day is the first impresion that counts.

Comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Super location to see the sights of NYC
    • Queen Room

The rooms could do with a little touch up here and there and in particular the bathroom would benefit from a little modernising.

Location was ideal with a subway stop just outside the door and only a short walk to all major attractions. The lobby and bar were lovely! It has to be said the staff were so accommodating and welcoming throughout our trip.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

car retrieval.
    • Queen Room

renovate the building. rooms are too small. price per night is too high for the quality of the accommodation. No fan in the bathroom

car retrieval. gift shop check out service. good shower

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Too pricy, it didn't meet my expectations
    • Queen Room

So many people were waiting for check in and staff was very slow. Some of them were talking while all customers were waiting.... Bad experience

Well located

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

Great room, surprisingly spacey and the bathroom was nice.
    • Queen Room - High Floor

To some sights in nyc, walking might not be an option. But then, a subway station is just underneath the hotel!

Great room, surprisingly spacey and the bathroom was nice.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

After the initial confusion and the fact that the heater did not work I my room my stay was okay.
    • Queen Room

Upon my arrival the lady at reservation stated I could not pay cash I had to po aw with my credit card. When I told her I took the money put my account to pay cash she insisted I needed to pay with my card. My friends was being taken care of by someone else and was able to pay cash. Then she told me I had to pay an addition 50.00 hold which would have been 100.00 - I ask the person assisting my friends several questions. She told the person waiting on me I could pay cash. So eventually I paid cash and the other person upgraded my room.....

The bar lounge was cozy and the service was great. The bed was extremely comfortable.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

The location of the hotel was great.
    • Queen Room

First. there was a huge water pocket in the ceiling of the bathroom that looked as though if we breathed wrong would burst drenching everything. Second, when they told us they were going to change our room, they did not have one available and we did not get our new room until around midnight. Third, the overall look of the hotel was not what we were hoping for, especially for the price that we were paying. Besides the leaking ceiling, there were holes in the walls and furniture.

The location of the hotel was great.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

I definitely feel like I got my moneys worth.
    • Queen Room

The only complaint I would have is the cost of breakfast. But there are so many other options around I feel like that’s not even a valid complaint.

I was thoroughly impressed. When I got there the line was almost out the door and it still took only about five minutes to get completely checked in. To check out all I had to do was dropped my key in the box. The staff at the desk and the at the store we’re both kind every time I had an exchange with them. Also when looking through reviews I didn’t see it so I figured I would mention my $50 incidental that was charged to my card was released as soon as I checked out the next day. Not sure if it helps but it would’ve helped me.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Very nice place to stay, well situated near the MoMa.
    • Queen Room

Could stop the heater in the room all night as instructions are unclear for foreigners.

Very nice place to stay, well situated near the MoMa. All staff is welcoming. Would recommend.

• Reviewed: November 25, 2018

Location was good.
    • Queen Room

Room was in need of renovation. No tea/coffee making facilities in room and no fridge either. Arrived an hour early and was charged ten dollars to leave my luggage in a room. We will need to pay same again today when we check out as we are not being picked up until 18:45. We have stayed in numerous Hilton hotels and never been charged to leave luggage before. We also had to pay $150 deposit which other Hilton hotels have never charged us. Quite disappointed with this hotel. The bathroom shower head was filthy too.

Location was good.

• Reviewed: November 25, 2018

November 2018
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

2 of the 3 front desk staff I spoke with during my stay weren't especially friendly and came across as though they would rather be anywhere except helping me. They were both perfectly efficient, but seemed bored or worn out (although I can't really blame them)

The concierge, door staff, bell men and bar staff were excellent at all times (particularly the door staff - so friendly and helpful). One of the front desk staff was especially helpful with a very out of the ordinary request on my last day which she was able to accommodate with some outside the box thinking and it was very much appreciated. My room was fantastic, very large and comfortable. The location of the hotel couldn't be better.

• Reviewed: November 21, 2018

Really enjoyed it
    • Queen Room

The beds were really comfortable and I thought the location was really good. Close enough to all the action but far enough removed for a peaceful night sleep.

• Reviewed: November 21, 2018

Location and rooms kept very clean
    • Queen Room

When we arrived after a seven hour flight a pushy guy beside the concierge on way to lift tried to enroll us in Hilton premium club give you $200 dollar voucher.As I believe there is no such thing as a free lunch I told him I'll get back to him.He was not impressed and got more pushy and tried everything to get us to commit.Im glad I left him.I googled reviews and discovered following. The guy is selling timeshare ,stay clear of him ,he's good at getting your attention but don't waste the time you have on your holiday with him. For the next few days he wouldn't look up at us as we came and went to go to lifts. Surprised Hilton involved in a sales technique of this kind. No kettle in room

Location and rooms kept very clean

• Reviewed: November 17, 2018

Should have tea and coffee making facilities in rooms.

Should have tea and coffee making facilities in rooms. Just a small issue which I have never come across before but they charge per bag to leave bags in the luggage room when you check out. With the additional taxes and tips I think this is unnecessary. We also had an issue with payment after we had checked in and instead of waiting until checkout they sent security up to our room one evening

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Very nice location

Small room small bed and i felt my feet were always higher than my head no water and a small jampacked lobby. We had lines to register and even to ride the elevator. I think its because it was full good for them

Very nice location

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

The location was great in the heart of the city but away...
    • Queen Room

The bathroom looked like there had been water damage. The door was bubbly. The hotel is a bit noisy you could hear everything happening in the hallways.

The location was great in the heart of the city but away from the craziness.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

We came at 3 PM, which is advertised check-in time.
    • Queen Room

We came at 3 PM, which is advertised check-in time. Long line for check in and room not ready. Charged 2 $ per piece for luggage room. Lobby extremely busy as a lot of people waiting for rooms. Not very friendly stuff. Room too hot (76 degrees) and no way to switch heat off. Not even close to 4 stars hotels as Double Tree Metropolitan advertises itself. Location is good, but there are many hotels around. Will not stay there again.

• Reviewed: November 10, 2018

Location good, beds comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub

No small fridge in room. Lobby congestion at time, one concierge great, one ordinary. Bar staff seemed just a job but doormen great.

Location good, beds comfortable.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Nice and clean - great location!
    • Queen Room

Most staff were nice - however the concierge recommended a bus tour which was horrific. So i would say do your own research on things to do - and don't bother asking at the hotel.

Location was really good - we could pretty much walk everywhere. New York Diner around the corner does great breakfasts.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

It was beyond my expectations

Everything about it

A good hotel with its location favourable to all our business meetings. Very welcoming staff and always keen on assisting. I would also give credit to booking. com coz for the four times I have done my bookings with them.... I get what they promise.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Location;

Staff at the reception desk on 26 Oct 2018 were not very friendly or welcoming; Room wasn't terrible although the drainage in the bathtub was extremely slow.

Location; ability to book tours onsite; Onsite restaurant plenty of eating and sightseeing options within walking distance

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Good location but that’s it
    • Queen Room

The staff I didn’t think were particularly helpful or pleasant. The room was tiny, very creative photography. I didn’t expect a huge room but I didn’t expect it to be as small as it was. I would not stay here again despite its very good location & I do not feel we got value for money

The only thing I liked was the location. Great location

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

The room we eventually moved to exceeded my expectations and all the hotel facilities were lovely.
    • Queen Room

There were some mix ups with being allocated a suitable room for our six nights stay which took two days to sort out so couldn’t unpack or leave valuables in the safe. This was awkward and upsetting but we were very kindly compensated for this. The transport booked for the trip to the airport also didn’t arrive (not sure why it may have been my misunderstanding) but not a problem because a yellow taxi was arranged by the doorman straight away. The shower head was hanging off the wall in our first room and the shower also broke on the first day delaying our day trip out, but it was fixed and available to use within an hour.

Staff tried to be helpful but seemed to be some communication problems. We were given free breakfast for the rest of our stay which was very much appreciated.

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Once the first night was out the way the stay was great
    • Double Room - Hearing Accessible

On arrival the receptionist tried overcharging is by $500, our credit card statement now shows that we have been charged an additional $300 and we are unsure why. We were told that our room was unavailable but we would be upgraded for the night then moved to a family room the following day. The’upgrade’ turned out to be 3 people in a double bed and one on a roll out bed. We phoned down to request two roll up beds and was assured they were on there way. After an hour and four more phone calls, an extra bed arrived but would not fit in the room. By this point it was half midnight, 1/2 5 uk time, and we were just wanting to sleep. The manager became involved and moved us to a family room there and then, one which had been told wasn’t available! We were given breakfast by way of an apology. We just need to find out now why we’ve been charged an extra $300

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

Some of the staff at this hotel were very helpful such as...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Some of the staff at this hotel were very helpful such as Concierge but at check in the receptionist barely spoke and on check out we had pre ordered a car with door staff and that didn’t arrive nor did he seem interested in helping us. Very disappointing end to a nice break. Must do better Doubletree Hilton.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

The property was in an excellent location, was very clean,...
    • Queen Room

The property was in an excellent location, was very clean, the beds were super comfortable and the staff were extremely helpful. The hotel was very busy but that’s to be expected in such a fab location! Had read some very bad reviews before we came but can honestly say it was great and I would happily stay there again!

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

hotel reflected the price but was less than other hotels near by

paying $90 a night for the car

its the first time i have seen a room with just a disabled bath all it was ,it had lots of hand rails to get in and out of the bath tub and larger space the rest of the room was quite modern and a very large king bed

• Reviewed: October 26, 2018

Clean and comfy hotel in a great location!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Took awhile to check in.

Comfy beds and rooms were very clean. Great area close to lots of attractions and subway stop right next door! Free cookies on arrival was a nice touch!

We Price Match