Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center 4 stars

711 Northwest 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126, USA

#123 of 213 hotels in Miami

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Our nexts room guess making lot of noice party late at night and they were trying to open the door that United the rooms in the middle that was crazy and scary

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The shower wasn't working and no one came to fix it even though I called and they promised to send someone. After a long day of traveling I had to go to sleep without having a shower.

• Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

I hated the parking. There was none in the front of the hotel, and the few times we went up front the baker station was not manned. I was irritated having to pay every time I came back in. We were there for the SoFlo cake event, but wanted to enjoy local food for lunch and dinner. ( They also needed more trashcans at the event.

The staff was very friendly and polite. The facility was very clean and well kept.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Hotel staff at front desk and doormen especially were great! Loved the cookies!!! Restaurant was ok for food, not much selection for vegetarians except a decent veg burger, fries were cold and poor quality frozen variety with a fishy taste from old oil I guess, Piña colada too sweet, friendly but slow service from understaffed bar tender while the only waiter tended to one group of business people ignoring our side of the bar. Wife Had to wait 30 mins for the food bill so son and I went back to Room. Pool was lovely clean with lack of towels the second time we swam and jacuzzi was dirty with floaties so we turned on the bubbles.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

That the rooms didn't already come with a microwave and refrigerator also that the jacuzzi was always cold and dirty

Very clean smelled good always

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

The pool and hot tub weren't clean when we stayed. ie. coffee cups and leaves among other things floating in hot tub. We were in an adjoining room and there were people partying in that room and across the hallway as well. We attempted to call the front desk to complain 5 times at 3 AM but no one answered.

Room was large. The restaurant was good. Free shuttle 24 hours was good. However, when we were told the shuttle ran every half an hr when we booked, but when we arrived, after waiting 45 minutes, we called the hotel to be told their policy had changed to every 1 hour.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

The Jacuzzi Was Dirty Everyday. The Online Picture Of The Room Is Very Misleading. That The Appliances Are Not In Room And You Have To Call For Them. There Was Mold Inside Of The Bathtub. The Underneath Rim Of The Toilet Was Super Dirty. There Was Mold Around The Pool Area. There Were No Towels Anytime I Went To Pool.

Pablo And Great Smells. The Infused Water. The Friendly Staff

There is nothing that comes to mind.

I loved the bed. The hospitality of the staff was very good. The valvet parking was excellent. The room was inviting and oh the bed was very very good to lie in at the end of the day.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The room needed a coat of paint and brightening up. The bathroom outdated and tired. The carpet in the hallway needed a deep clean/ replacement.

The location is good. There are several shops attached. The breakfast was good. The room was pretty quiet and large.

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

The furnishings in the room were dated as was the bathroom. The bathroom was not particularly clean. The pillows were flat and the bedding worn. The nightly charge was excessive for the facility. We have been in nicer low end hotels.

• Junior King Suite - Non-Smoking

The jacuzzi was cold, the room smelled funky or like it had been smoked in, the coffee table hadn’t been wiped down, the bathroom floor had hairs in it.

The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The cleaning people would miss our room and we’d have to call and ask them to come but that was no big deal.

I thought the room wouldn’t seem as big as the pictures but it was exactly like the pictures. The room was spacious, clean and lovely! Room service was beyond amazing. When you called , they came within the next 5mins. I would stay here again.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

We waited ONE HOUR for the airport shuttle. We were NOT told that they were a driver down when we called to enquire about the delay, and so could not make an informed decision about the $40 Uber alternative. Staff were ‘meh’ when this was highlighted.

Comfortable beds. Clean. Nice bar staff.

• Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

Poor cleanliness, food standards not great....prices far to high for what was experienced. Overall, the hotel looks and feels tired

Place looks better online. Staff are very good but the whole place needs a face lift and a really deep clean. Pool looks green, food just OK but prices are far too high for the standard and quality expected at a hotel like this.........$6 for a bottle of beer in a dirty glass!!! We understand that things can go wrong but you do not need to be a phorensic scientist to recognise that this hotel is sweating its assets for as long as it can .........not the usual Hilton standard...not by a long way

• Executive Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room was extremely dirty , badroom was in some places covered with fungi . While serving me breakfast , a cockroach was walking over the counter of the bread and serials . I took photos of these statements above as proof ...... I wonder for this part of the world and money , they cant give you a decent service ?

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Called “ .... Airport Hotel “ but not very closed to Miami International Airport indeed ... 15 - 20 minutes drive with a cab and costs 20 - 25 USD ...

Staff was Perfect ! Specially the reception and front desk was very helpfull and proffesional .

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It took over an hour for the shuttle to arrive, which was then extremely overcrowded. We requested to have the sofabed made, which took 3 phone calls and over an hour to accomplish. I have stayed in this hotel in the past without a problem. Because of these issues, I will choose another hotel when I travel to Miami in the future.

The room was a nice size. The bed was comfortable.

• King Room - Disability Access/Roll-in Shower

Bedroom is very dated and could do with a good overhaul. The room was large but the décor poor.

Food for breakfast was fresh and well presented by friendly staff. Evening meal again was very good.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Overall feeling was unclean. Bathroom had someone elses hair on the floor and walls and even on my clothes I washed. Lobby area is kept clean, but otherwise not (corridors, gym). Breakfast was included in my rate, but no vouchers were given when I checked in which caused hassle.

Considering where I needed to be, good location and free transportation provided by the hotel. Free wifi.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

There was no complimentary breakfast and this was disappointing. We had traveled a long way and we had a long day ahead of us because we were getting on a cruise ship and it would have been nice to grab some fruit or something to take with us to snack on. The restaurant was really nice and the food was really good but it was rather expensive and we had no other option because we were pressed for time.

Room was excellent and there was no noise of the airport.

The hotel was great with the exception that they forgot to change the sheets/bedding from the previous guests. There was hair/dirt/blood when i arrived. They brought me 2 new flat sheets for the night (i changed them myself) and changed the bedding the next day but that was a big oopsie on their part. Everything else was great though location, cookies and wait staff in the bar area.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Our door to the room kept making a lot of noise like it was loose. An employee was rude upon asking to use our voucher for breakfast and just taking a bagel and coffee to go since we were in a hurry.

Breakfast was great and hotel area was good.

• Executive Double Room - Non-Smoking

The included breakfast was in the executive lounge on our floor but ended early. This was not explained adequately at checkin.

The Doubletree Miami exceeded our expectations. Staff went out of there way to make our stay pleasant and enjoyable.

• Executive Double Room - Non-Smoking

We went down to the restaurant for dinner, took my leftovers to the Room. Later that night my daughter attempted to eat my leftovers but almost swallowed a small piece of wire. Management and security came to our room to see the piece of wire, took pics and offered us lunch there the next day but they didn’t open til 5pm. (After we checked out) So primarily nothing was done. Desk clerk didn’t inform me breakfast vouchers were in with door keys. So we were denied breakfast that was located next door on 11th floor. After complaining at front desk we were allowed to eat the breakfast buffet downstairs. We asked our concierge for shuttle to port? He confirmed 12 but it arrived at 11 and we weren’t contacted and missed it. Fully stressed I had to call an Uber.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

No pude dormir porque hubo un evento esa noche y muchas personas durante la madrugada conversando en alta vos y muchachos corriendo y gritando por el pasillo , pero eso no tiene que ver con el hotel

No pude ponerlo como quería y pase calor

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Getting to this hotel during evening rush hour was difficult. Tried the airport shuttle but after an hour wait, finally took a taxi. Other than that the hotel was great.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

When we got the vouchers for breakfast we didn’t know it was only for the 11th floor and we went downstairs. My husband was the only one that eat, my daughter and I didn’t. If you see we didn’t use the voucher and my husband had to pay. I also ask for a lower level and they give me the 11th floor. I just wanted to let you know because this things affect your business. Other than this everything was excellent, thank you.

Free Shuttle road pass us, waited two hrs to get to hotel, toilet stopped up, waited over 15 mins for someone to come, hot tub didn’t work, breakfast should be free for the price of the hotel

nice hotel just wasn’t what it advertise to be

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

The staff was absolutely rude and disrespectful. It was lights that didn't work in the room. No continental breakfast. After paying almost $200 for a room you should at least get breakfast. Some of the people couldn't speak or understand English. I didn't care for the hotel and probably won't book again.

It was convenient and close to where I was going. The room was clean.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Value for the money is poor. Hotel is old and no breakfast included even I spent $258 per night. Plus the front desk girl is inpatient in explaining why there are two $25 deposit for my stay.

View from the room is gorgeous

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Cleaning could be improved. There was an old/leftover soap in the bathroom. Yuck!

An early check in and late check out were facilitated. Thank you for that. Although there is an additional cost, the shuttle service to the Mall was prompt.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms need renovation. Under the bed needs thorough cleaning. Hair in the bath tub.

Friendly staff. Breakfast (fresh omelette with choice of ingredients)

parking. It says that guests must pay $5 for each day. I was asked to pay $21 for two days when I tried to enter the lot. I asked why because it says I should pay $5 each day and then I was told to pay $15 for two days. I am fine with $15 but I feel that their parking rate is confusing.

shuttle, rooms.

There was a pool but the water in the hot tub smelled bad. We just spent about 10 minutes and had to back to the room to take a shower cuz it felt like our body smelled too!

Staffs were nice. Very close to the airport. Comfy bed and had a good night sleep.

Maybe a free bottle of water or two in room be nice like most other hotels. Small touch for a huge chain like this .

Clean , comfy hotel for few nights stay near airport. Great gym. Good food.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The hotel shuttle kept us waiting for over an hour and then we were told it was full and another one had to be sent out. It was rush hour traffic time to make it even more difficult. We took a cab. When I complained we were told it was just a curtisey service and taxi's are available.

The room was nice and the restaurant food was great

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

I waited with other guests for over an hour for the shuttle bus which was supposed to come every 30mins. Several of the electric sockets in the room didn’t work.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

This was terrible experience. We booked the hotel and after travelling for over 24 hours we arrived and they told us they were overbooked. Then, the moved us to what was supposed to be a comparable hotel and when we arrived it was disgusting. We ended up moving to another hotel at midnight. Then, we were still charged for the hotel we never stayed on this was ridiculous. Don't overbooked your hotel when you have bookings. This happened to several people the same night.

The staff were relatively helpful.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Airport shuttle took longer than expected but still was good! Room wasn’t full stock was missing shampoo and towels and mini fridge came late. Shower drain was also clogged

The cleanliness and kindness of the staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Hotel was grubby. Room left uncleaned until 8pm and then cleaned only after 2 or 3 calls to Housekeeping and subsequent phone call to Hilton Help line.

Location. Small coffee bar.

They do not provide baggage assistance if you park in the parking lot as the bell boy is not allowed that far out? Pool area is under renovation so there is no place to sit outside, this was not mentioned on the website. You must pay for parking even if you are staying in the hotel. Rooms are well used and starting to show their age. This was apparent in the bathroom as the shower head is leaking and starting to dry rot, additionally there were screws missing in the bathtub drain. No refrigerator or mini-bar, there was a coffee service without the coffee...

Staff was friendly and the check-in was very easy. The complementary warm cookie was a nice way to start the afternoon. The breakfast buffet was decent for a hotel, nothing special but acceptable. Facility is close to airport (about 6 miles) and took less than 10 minutes to reach. Right next to a gas station, made returning the rental car that much easier.

This time all was really fine.

I had a great sleeping time to rest enough before a long trip returning home. I've been many times in this DoubleTree hotel and the last was not very good. This time the place is back to what we always expected and I am really glad for this.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Rioja restaurant closed so had to eat in cafe Charged same price as would have been in restaurant ☹️ . Steak $29 came with chips and onions, no trimmings at all, bit boring. Not worth the money for a steak and chips cafe meal.

Room clean and view nice

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

The shuttle service from the hotel to the mall is 10 mins but from the mall back to the hotel is 1.5 hours! Beware!

This hotel is in a good location close to the airport and major shopping malls. The staff are friendly and the room and rates were both good value for money. Don't hesitate to book this hotel.

• Executive Double Room - Non-Smoking

We booked the hotel for our last day in Miami as it had a pool. We are not flying until late this evening and thought we would make use of the pool in the day before heading to the airport. There were cheaper hotels in the vicinity but we chose to pay a bit more because of the pool. Unfortunately construction work was taking place around the pool meaning we were unable to use this. This was not made clear to us at the time of booking. Had we known, we would have picked a different hotel. This was a real disappointment.

Close to the airport, comfortable bed, big room, nice toiletries in the bathroom, free shuttle to and from the airport

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

AC didn’t work. The neighbors was fighting til 4am my last night so I didn’t get any sleep and the cleaning lady threw away my shoes I just bought from the mall days before and the hotel refused to give a refund. Absolutely ridiculous

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

had to ask twice for sofa bed to be made up air con made very loud noise and had to get room changed Had to ask twice to get sofa bed made up in new room- this was approx 1am Given 2 sheets only for sofa bed - froze all night Not given breakfast vouchers at check in so tried to charge me again for breakfast No response to feedback card - no customer care Swimming pool was roped off - no explanation given by staff

Cookies given on check in were warm and tasty Room had 2 beds and a sofa bed - ideal if 3 individuals travelling together Contacted parent company Hilton via their website and they have responded to my experience in a positive manner

No complaints

Very helpful! I had surgery and I stayed the night there everyone was very attentive and helpful specially Armando thank you for your help.

After booking a king bedroom, we placed in a room with 2 double beds. In this room, the bathtub was clogged, the drinking glasses near the coffee machine had water in it. The room smelt like someone had been smoking inside. The staff do not listen to guests, overall poor communication skills. Staff switched us to another room in their system, as per our booking but didn’t inform us of the changes. No follow up was done on their part. We had to physically go to the front desk to ask again if our room was switched. Not good enough. The pool was not working and we only found out about it after asking where we could find it. There’s no note of that on their website. The staff didn’t tell us where to find or show us the amenities (restaurant, gym, restrooms, pool) inside the hotel and on the premises during our check-in. We had to ask.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Beds are terrible , pain the next 2 days. No microwave, no napkins, bathroom marble gram is falling and you can see it for your self. Bathroom calk is brown full of mold. Everyone I️ left the hotel I️ needed the car so I️ had to pay valet guy money to bring it since there was no fridge or microwave

Gym

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

The airport shuttle instruction where not very clear. After a 25min wait it came

They where kind and the hotel was ok. Our room wasn’t ready when we came but they did it quickly. They gave us cookies for our wait

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms need updating , was given a room with dismal view. Reception staff had attitude. Need more training on how to overcome criticism and use the correct speech to customers who complain like Sorry! Which never came out of their mouths until you really made a case about it and forced them to say it. How terrible is that!

Not much restaurant staff were nice

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

The hotel was a little tired and could do with a make over. Hallways smelled damp and a little moldy. Bathrooms could do with being regrouted and it would have been nice to have a refrigerator in the room. Wifi was slow and unpredictable.

We attended a convention and it was very convenient location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

A/C was not working properly, they came to check and filter was disgusting. Filter had not been changed in at least 6 months. Also room smelled dwey. When checking out at valet parking, driver brought my car at full speed not realizing I had gotten a flat tire.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

As an airport hotel I would expect 24 hours service. I arrived late thursty and hungry from trans-atlantic flight and the bar was closed, no room service and not even a mini bar in the room. I had to walk to the gas station in the middle of the night to buy food.

Very comfortable room. Free shuttle from the airport.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

The hotel told several people to wait at arrivals for the shuttle. We all waited outside for almost an hour before calling again. I was told a second time arrivals on that call. Called a third time and someone else answered. They said departures. So we all went upstairs and finally got a shuttle after another 15 minutes. I am pretty laid back and usually don't care... but when we got to the front desk the woman told us we all "misheard" instead of just apologizing. Then got upset and went into the back. Walls were very very thin. I could hear the guy next to me talking on the phone, coughing, watching tv, and sometimes even breathing hard. I only say this because it was very thin. Like thinner than any hotel I have been in, which I didn't expect for a Hilton.

Nice IPA on draft. Close to airport. Room was clean.

In the room the door lock was broken and also the bathroom was disgusting. Their was film and dirt surrounded around the tub. I stayed at the doubletree in Orlando and fell in with it. However the airport doubletree in Miami wasnt clean at all.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

The glasses I used for the first day have not cleaned, they didn't replaced new or clean glasses and room is not vaccumed.

I liked the bed and view from the room.

• Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

That we booked ahead of time and called ahead of time to inform late check in and we were told no problem our room will be ready, upon arrival we were informed they had no rooms available. But overall the staff corrected everything, making our stay enjoyable.

This year it is our second time at this Double Tree hotel and the cleaning was not good as we had experienced before. It seems they are not really checking the maintenance as they should.

The friendly staff, the comfortable bed and the location are always a good reason to be there.

dated room I was in, many infections in the decor; i.e. broken tile in bathroom, faded drapes in the main room, no refrigerator. For the price it was okay, but for a Hilton Property it was a very substandard room

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel has definitively seen some better days, although that must have been quite some time ago. Nothing wrong with that, but the rates don't reflect this. Relatively expensive place to stay, but things are certainly not up to par. The restaurant (Rioja something) is a joke, albeit a rather bad one. A creepy looking place with an ambiance reminiscent to that of a gloomy crematorium. Staff is friendly enough throughout the hotel and restaurant, but they cannot hide the fact that this place has already gone downhill a long time ago. Hopeless! Everything in this place is looking tired and careworn. Intriguing little breakfast room on 11th floor. Seats 10-15 people at most. Quality of breakfast buffet not worth writing home about. Will definitively not return!

Attentive shuttle bus driver

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

I wished we had a microwave but maybe that was just room type. Also I have been to way cheaper hotels where breakfast is complimentary

The experience was great! Coincidentally there was a Salsa festival during our stay so it was fun, staff was really pleasant and always helped. Loved the hotel definitely returning

People smoking cigars all over the pool area. I couldn't be around the pool because I hate that smell.

The warm welcome to the check in area with a delicious cookie. Loved it!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The expenses phone charges almost 300 dollars for a 10 min call than hotel charges for stuff been ship there I mean it business but you let people know what they get there self into before booking

Hotel was ok, looks of the room was alright and inside the hotel beautiful.

The shuttle service was terrible. The driver was very nice, but I waited for 50 minutes on the curb at 10pm at night and after calling the hotel (phone rang for 45 seconds before being answered), they said the driver had just left. Multiple other hotel shuttles made 2-3 rounds before Doubletree showed up once - very frustrating

once I got there, the facility was fine except for one thing - the sink did not drain properly. The pin to raise the stopper was "frozen"

• Junior King Suite - Non-Smoking

Maid service re cleanings the room was patchy at best. Forgot to replace items like cups,tea bags, tissue box, also dusty and the room was a bit damaged, chipped furniture.

Location close to the airport.

• Executive Double Room - Non-Smoking

I was absolutely disgusted by the housekeeping staff! They were utterly disrespectful to my friends and I. Even going so far to call us "dirty" women. Unfortunately for your staff I'm fluent in 3 different languages and was totally shocked at how they spoke about the guest.

Everything the food was great the pool was fantastic! The front desk receptionist were AWESOME ! Very friendly the grounds were kept up amazingly! The bar has GREAT drinks! I will be back!

everything

everything the staff the shuttle driver there was a taxi took us down town with the family he told us he will be back at 8 pm he was 10 menity before my family love him,

Love everthing.

The room was clean and confotable the bed was just what i needed. went riding all over miami looking for souvenirs and theres a store or gift shop right in the first floor lobby. in fact theres a mall inside two story yall this place is awesome.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

The lobby area is large and a little soulless. No early morning breakfast for those needing to leave the hotel before 6.30

Facilities are good and hotel well priced. Friendly bar staff and generally good range of beers - Second time I stayed there and its better than average. Like the bar having a "snack" type menu and the restaurant having a full menu so you can choose meals. I left too early for breakfast on the last occasion but tried breakfast previously and that was good. 24 hour Airport Shuttle allows you to use as a stopover and you can still get an early morning flight.

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

The only thing that was disappointing was having to pay for parking. I thought when I booked that it had said free parking AND breakfast. But neither were included. It didn't ruin our stay by any means, it was just unexpected.

The staff, the room, the pool area and the food were all very good! The room amenities and toiletries were all of good quality and easy to use. We loved every minute of our stay.

Well I was leaving at 10:30 house keeping knock really hard on the door and woke scared me awake..

Well I had a problem in my room. I had to beg before I was actually help.. They change my room after I had to repeat ask(beg)for help..

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

I have nothing to add here.

I was at this hotel a year ago for the same show and found everything to be great. This year there were people who recognised me ! That's awesome ! I would recommend this property anytime.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Staff was exceptionally accommodating. Large rooms with comfortable bed. Rooms and facility were very clean. Valet was $12 or self parking was $7 Oh, definitely take the option with breakfast.....it was worth it.