Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Monrovia - Pasadena Area 3 stars

924 West Huntington Drive, Monrovia, CA 91016, USA

#1 of 6 hotels in Monrovia

SLEEPLESS!

air conditioning did not work for 2 of 3 days. Contacted front desk approximately 10 times..uncooperative...said someone "was coming" from engineering, but never would arrive in a timely fashion. They sent engineers 3 different times who claimed it was fixed, but never was. Ultimately they installed a new unit which helped...VERY disappointing for such a nice property. Filled out extensive report prior to departing, but evidently ended up in their garbage, "cause I was not contacted further!

nice looking property

Great staff. Nice property in an excellent location.

Limited TV channel options (from my rather slanted viewpoint).

I'm reviewing this stay for the express purpose of acknowledging Christopher Hayden, the Manager on Duty the night of my stay, June 14, 2018. Those with similar interests to mine might recognize that date as opening day for the World Cup. My plan was to get up early and watch a 5:00 am game in my room. For unknown reasons, the hotel TV channel line up did not carry the game. but their bar/lounge did. However, the lounge wasn't staffed until 6:30 am. Enter Christopher. He was able to make some calls and arrange for security to give me access to lounge TV. He didn't have to do that. He was busy - yet he went out of his way to help me out. All the while he was friendly and polite. Thanks Christopher.

There was a private party at the pool from 12 - 7 the day we...

There was a private party at the pool from 12 - 7 the day we arrived. The pool was closed due to private event and the music was very loud. Party and Music did stop at 7pm but impacted our visit and experience that first day.

The Property was in a great location and looked very nice.

After leaving the property, my wife noticed she had two bumps on her legs that seemed like it could've been bed bugs. Its a possibility there could've been bed buds in the room by the looks of her legs

The Property was in a great location and looked very nice. The staff were great as well

24 hours in the greater LAX area with 8 pleasant ones in Monrovia's DoubleTree

The only thing I can think of right now is the dark foil on the outside of all windows, which helps reducing the heat in the rooms, but it needs to be replaced now that it starts to bubble all over the place. Ideally, the windows should eventually be replaced with heaver tinted ones, thus avoiding the separate foil.

I am a returning customer to this Hotel, and location is the main reason to stay here. It is an appropriately outfitted business Hotel with a great Bar and Restaurant, ample parking space, a nice and spacious lobby with a small convenience store.

Room nice, parking sucks. Will think twice before returning.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Noisey a/c kept cycling on and off. Was not up to rest of room quality. Parking lot filled each evening with restaurant patrons from next door. Came home to find all spaces full; NOT COOL!!!! Had to park in loading zone then move car later that night; again NOT COOL !!!

Staff was excellent

It was average

That there was a coffee an smoothie bar but they were out of half there stuff on the menu. Then our waiter at breakfast was so upset because we wanted seperate checks, could have been handled better. Plus there wasnt anyone in there so I dont see what the big deal was. He was so rude to us.

All we wanted to do was enjoy the patio an hot tub, we stayed here for that exact reason, it would have been nice to know that the were remodeling. There should have been a courtsy email

We were disappointed for a Hilton property, book direct- you will be treated better.

The pool and spa area is down and the staff is unfriendly, almost rude. Housekeeping had to be asked 3 times to get the room made up. The pillows are very saggy at best and not enough of them. Oak Tree looks better.

Not sure I will be back

The decor of the rooms was dark brown. Ugly boring rooms. The pool under construction was not disclosed. You made me buy a breakfast because my son needed a breakfast while I went to city of hope for a treatment, not friendly to city of hope patients.

My son liked the cookies and breakfast z

The hotel itself is beautiful and clean

When I asked them for something to wedge against the door to stop it from making noise they didn’t seem very eager to help

The hotel itself is beautiful and clean

Comfortable! Only used a crash pad. Wouldn't hangout in

The rooms are very tired and outdated. They desperately need a refresh! A bit of colour wouldn't hurt either... Very brown and beige!

Staff was very friendly and accomodating. The beds are very comfortable.

The hotel was nice, and clean the only down fall was when we...
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

The hotel was nice, and clean the only down fall was when we got to the room the shower nozzle came apart, and then in the middle of the night we found insects like a odd looking bug in the bath tub.. but in the morning it would go away.. I try to look to see where it could go and I was puzzled and couldn't figure it out.. this happen for both the nights we stayed in that room.. I took pictures and when I went to check out; I showed the staff member he ignored my concerns and proceed to just not even address it.. I didn't like that. The other staff members not knowing they were nice and smiled and greeted us.

Nice hotel but check out your bed.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

My business partner found a tick on the bed and she needed to change the room. Not good.

Nice bedroom and friendly staff. The outdoor swimming pool is really nice.

The location is great, and the free parking is absolutely a...

The location is great, and the free parking is absolutely a plus. The beds were very comfy and we had a room that faced the pool. With the welcoming front desk agents that were very helpful, we had a wonderful experience staying there.

Such a great location, however this will probably be our last time staying here cause of the issues.

The day I checked into the hotel, I've already complained about our AC twice. This was on 9/2/17, it was one of the hottest days this summer and we really wanted our room to be comfortable. You guys had someone check it twice, and the second time it was cool for a little bit but by the time we were sleeping it malfunctioned again. I couldn't even sleep because of the heat. The next morning I complained for the third time and that's when you guys completely switched out our AC. It finally worked but the AC wasn't as strong as I hoped for. On top of that, on our first night when we tried to shower. The shower head was not working accurately and the water sprayed all over. The hotel itself is too old and definitely needs a remodel. The room and the hallway looks dingy and dark. On top of that, your floor doesn't even have AC.

I really like that you guys have free parking and location was really good. The staff were all very nice. Love your cookies, and we always try to stay at Doubletree.

I would stay here for the lovely room with gorgeous tub, just wish it were more affordable.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

The carpets in the halls were dingy/dirty and the floors upstairs had a less than clean smell. There was no ice maker on our floor so we had to travel down 3 floors to get ice (Just a bit inconvenient). Price was very high.

The room was beautiful! The bed was comfortable and the tub was fun! Very modern room that we enjoyed. Check-in was fast and the lobby was pretty. There are many restaurants within walking distance.

Not What I Expected from a DOUBLE TREE

The Pool was GREEN & One of the main reasons we booked this hotel was for the amazing looking pool in the pictures. Upon arrival they could not find my reservation and the man at the desk was not willing to help me find a solution. I Had to jump through some hoops to figure out it was an error on their part. Last but not least all of the guests checking in received cookies except us. I felt like the staff was irritated with my reservation and just wanted to get us out of the lobby. 😔

The Comfy Bed!

Super friendly staff.

Facilities a little bit worn down. Ex. Handle on sink faucet fell off, buttons on ottoman have popped off, paint peeling in shower and bathroom.

Super friendly staff. Great pool area and open hours.

Perfect location to Race Track

Elevator was broken entire trip

Having a shuttle take us to the race track was awesome. Door to door service. Warm chocolate chip cookies all during the stay Lots of storage in the room. Comfortable beds. Great having the sofa, fridge and microwave Easy location not only to track but to Pasadens Restaurants.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Nice locale and reasonably priced. Loved the view on the upper floor.

The hotel needs some updating. The rooms looked a bit dated.

Our room was quiet on the Honors Floor. The breakfast buffet was nice. We found the property centrally located, near the quaintness of Monrovia but also close to Pasadena and Burbank airport. I enjoyed the workout room.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

BEDS ARE TOO LOW

The beds are very low to the ground. It is a problem for people with flexibility issues.

Good feel to the facility. Excellent bar and lounge area, spacious lobby and well appointed too.

Location was great. Room was horrible.

Beds were almost on the ground. (Hard for us old folks to get up.) While there was a sofa to sit on--in a very awkward place, there was only one chair and no table. Which was very strange because there was a microwave and a fridge. All of the storage was inside the bathroom. Very awkward. The bathroom door was a slider and did not close all the way. Again, very awkward. Finally, there were shelves near the sink that stuck out and had very sharp edges.

Location for the racetrack and major highway was very good.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Awesome experience!

I can't think of anything I didn't like.

The front desk staff went beyond the call of duty to make our stay comfortable. The restaurant staff did the same. I loved the warm cookies and fusion water … awesome touch! I'll definitely stay in this hotel again when I'm in the area.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Nice place to stay

The hours for the shuttle service could be extended. (7pm is too early), but not a big deal.

Everything!! Clean, comfortable bed, excellent staff. Would definitely stay again. Thank You!

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Not that close to LA but nice hotel with great stuff

Quite distant to LA. During rush hours can take more than 1h.

The hotel and the stuff are great. The room is very nice but the bed is not that tall. The area is fine, interesting food places in short distance.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

The staff was great and very accommodating, we reported a...

The staff was great and very accommodating, we reported a damaged carpet that could pose a tripping danger and the appearance of the pool not clean. Beds were comfortable but low. All in all, we enjoyed our stay.

Very nice

Charge for the water

The shower and over all room set up

About 10 miles outside L.

About 10 miles outside L.A.,but good transport links. Lovely pool area to chill out in after a long day sightseeing

Love the location but...

Our bathroom had a faint sewer odor and also had gnats

Proximity to everyday needs, and activities.

spacious, relaxing, modern decor, comfortable bed and pillows.

We did NOT care for the attitude of the clerk when checking in at the desk.

We liked the warm cookies.

nice hotel to visit in LA

cold useless pool

good breakfast, nice lobby, nice jaccuzzi

Can't wait to go back...will bring my bathing suit next time.

Thought the price was worth every penny...

Received a warm chocolate chip cookie when I arrived

Room with a great view!

Easy access from parking lot. Lobby is nice.

Staff to meet and try to accommodate request for High floor...

Staff to meet and try to accommodate request for High floor,mountain view ,certainly my request fulfilled but the efforts was admired

The room was so nice and bath robes a plus.

A little pricey.

The room was so nice and bath robes a plus.

Cookies
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

Hidden fees and they never returned my deposit

Cookies

Helpful and friendly staff

Helpful and friendly staff

Always a fantastic property!

Consistently good customer service, food, cookies, housekeeoing, location...everything!

Very nice curb appeal

Hallways has a very strong smell of must...

Very nice curb appeal

Salmon incredible.

Salmon incredible. Beds and linens were superior

Good neighborhood.

Really thin wall.

Good neighborhood.

Everything good

Last time I didn't got the hhonors floors

Everything good

Tv, connection frequently goes off

Very nice
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Restaurant closed when I went down at 11:00 AM Would have liked to have something to eat before check out.

Bed very comfortable

The bed was very comfortable.

Low water pressure when taking a shower.

The bed was very comfortable.

I would stay again.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

There was an event going on so it was hard to park at times. Usually there's lots of parking.

Great room service.

Na

The lighting was really poor

Na

Shelves in bathroom were dangerous.

Shelves in bathroom were dangerous...as installed put you at risk for hitting your head on the corner of the shelves.

Very clean and friendly.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Very clean and friendly. Also accomodating with requests for a late checkout.

Friendly staff and there are a lot of restaurants in walking distance.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There is no laundry service during weekend.

Nice location.

This is my hotel of choice when I stay in the Pasadena area.

All GOOD!

The "free" wifi is good, but, I think it would be nicer to have a little faster connections.

Ok

Need to request maid services each day

VERY NICE PLACE.

I LOVED EVERYTHING, SERVICE WAS GREAT AND THE STAFF WAS PHENOMENAL. I WILL RETURN!!

Excellent place!

Close to our destination. Great breakfast and property.

Best place to stay in the area and a great value for your money
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

Very spacious rooms and bathrooms

Very clean and comfortable

No shower gel

How close restaurants are to the property

Clean,Safe,Nice stuff and nice location,not noisy.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

Shower in bathroom is wired....Didn't find the curtain so water everywhere.....

Clean,Safe,Nice stuff and nice location,not noisy.

I would stay here again, not bad.

The room felt a little dark.

The warm cookie with my room key was delicious!

I like your employees is friendly

The carpet in the room is wet and I changed my socks twice is 1 hours

I like your employees is friendly

The ice machine on our floor was out of ice too often.

The ice machine on our floor was out of ice too often. They only had one elevator working not good situation.

Everything was right

Everything was right

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

It was very clean and comfortable.

It was very clean and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable. The cookies were warm and delishous!

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Hotel had loads of room, very clean.

Hotel had loads of room, very clean. Everything was perfect!!

Best Vacation Spot

The Hospitality was Awesome. Hotel was very nice and clean

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Clean and easy access.

clean white sheets & location

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

But the breakfast!
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Don't have any complaints with this hotel.

Love the breakfast! Love the room, but that breakfast is the best out of all the hotels I stayed at.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Great Stay and Staff!!

Location was a little bit further than expected

Great staff, able to help with every request!

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Love it!

everything

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Very attractive hotel

Restaurant was not open all day

Loved the breakfast buffet and the bar

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

they don't have international plug to provide.

they don't have international plug to provide. they don 't have slippers in the room.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

Very poor lighting in the room. Only on the wall across the room. No light in the reading or desk area.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

excellent !!!

everything

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Very comfortable stay, would definitely return.

Staff was very accommodating since I was getting ready for my wedding in the room. They helped us with a later check-out.