Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Downtown Nashville 3 stars

315 4th Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37219, USA

#74 of 162 hotels in Nashville

The customer service was excellent! Helped us pick a terrific restaurant and even gave us one of their personal phone chargers to borrow because we forgot ours!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Was comfortable except for the fact that we weren’t able to open our curtains because our windows opened up to the indoor pool! Honestly, people could peer straight into our bedroom.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was old and in poor condition ie doors didn’t work on bathroom or cabinet to mini fridge pillows were old and worn on couch. It was just outdated and well used.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff at the Doubletree were awesome! Really wanted to make sure we were happy and comfortable. Only issue is the link between Booking.com and Hilton reservation system. Names got messed up and made for a bit of a struggle trying to checked in.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Staff did not provide access to Wi-Fi when we checked in. They did not tell us about hotel amenities such as breakfast, where the elevators are located, check out time, etc. we tried to get the Wi-Fi to work, but could not. They claim to have free Wi-Fi but did not get it. Only valet parking available on site, so parked in a public lot for much less.

Good central location. Room was comfortable.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

We bought an item from the "market store" and paid cash at the front desk, but when we checked out they had also charged our bill - don't even know how they could do that as we had never dealt with the person at the front desk before, when we paid for the item.

The staff was very welcoming and provided great service, from the valet to the bellhop to the front desk.

• Junior Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Check in was a bit confused. The pullout bed was not made up and there were no sheets so had to call late when we got home. Slsothe matttres was stained. The staff did replace it the next day.

Location and room size. Concierge was very nice and helpful. Most of the staff very nice

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

For 2 people our bed was super tiny. Even though we booked for 2 adults. We were smashed in.

Location and food around was excellent. Staff was nice.

pool area felt a bit unloved

location and good staff nice clean and very quiet rooms- one of the few hotels these days designed for a good night's sleep...

• Junior Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Their website does not state that valet parking is $45 each time you come and go that could get very expensive or you could park across the street for $20 at another parking garage but who wants to walk across the street and traffic in Nashville to get to your car.

The cost of parking!!! The WiFi was horrible, it went in and out and was hard to log on. The care Desk was not helpful. The fitness Center was missing some free weights on day 2 that were there on day 1

The location was excellent, the room very nice

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I pulled up and the valet seemed slow and disorganized and not helpful- I’m from out of state and never valeted before so I expected them to lead. The room was very expensive and I thought breakfast was included but it was another $40 for 2 people half that was just a bagel. The room toilet had pee from previous guest on side still. The pool room ceiling was leaking rain on us. The beds were uncomfortable. The hotel at night was very very loud. I could feel the neighbors door shake my bed when it closed.

The location was good but not as close as I thought to everything. Breakfast came with fancy glasses that my daughter liked. Most the staff was very friendly

Check in was at 4:00 PM. We arrived at 3:45 and was told that it would be a while before our room was available. Excuse was that one of the housekeeping staff had an accident on the 7th floor that day and they were very far behind in cleaning and they had several large groups staying on Friday night. After 2 and a half hours, I went to check-in desk to see about the room and was told that there were a few people still ahead of us. We had dinner plans and were going to see a concert at 7:00. By now it was 6:15. I told the CSR that I would take any room that was available at this point (had requested and paid for a King room). After about 10 minutes he came back and told me that they had a double room available on the 3rd floor, which I took. I asked if they were going to offer any compensation for the delay and he said they would discount the room, but only after I asked about compensation. I am a Hilton Honors member and have never had this much problem checking in to a room.

Quiet - Comfortable Beds

I did not like that our room did not have a refrigerator. Some rooms did and in this day and age even cheap hotels have a fridge. When I called the front desk all they said was most of rooms don't have them. We like to buy milk to keep in the room instead of using the powder creamers and had to keep the milk in the ice bucket. Our beverages were kept in a friends room. Not convenient for the price of our stay.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was very hot. And even with the air in our room we couldn’t get it very cool. They also didn’t have a mini fridge or microwave. Other properties in the area I have stayed at had them. Also the bed was small

I like the free cookies!

The noisy neighbors, lack of respect and willingness to resolve issues by the staff ruined our trip. Oh yeah - parking is $42/night - but if you are willing to walk a bit you can park free on the street. Also parking in garage beside hotel is $20 / night and it's prob where they drop off your car for $42.

The breakfast was mega expensive, highly recommend eating at numerous other places nearby. We found far better coffee at The Well up the street over Starbucks in the lobby.

Room was not up to standard expected. Had to have all bedding changed as requested no feathers. Coffee was not added to each day.

Denise the concierge is brilliant

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

For that amount of money, I would expect a mini fridge in the room. The fact that you have to go up one level to check in is very inconvenient when you have luggage in tow. The elevator to get one level up is very poorly marked and I couldn't even figure out which button to push to get where I needed to be (neither could the other two people in the elevator with me). The bathroom doors are just an injury waiting to happen... they're hanging from a slider rail at the top, but are free to swing out away from the door jamb. And they don't slide very easily. I would probably not choose to stay at this hotel again. While it was clean, it just seemed shoddier than other hotels in the same price range.

The valet service was excellent and offered the ability to text ahead of time and let them know I was on my way down. The restaurant was cozy. The location was great.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There were no places to hang the towels when you got out of the shower. There wasn't a refrigerator in the room to put sodas or anything.

Convenient to many locations

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The housekeeping was slow even after being contacted to refresh our towels.

Staff was very kind and accommodating. We arrived at 730am and they got us in a room by 900am.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

If I had gotten what I ordered.

Didn't receive what I ordered. Got food but not what I ordered. I didn't send it back and food was good. Instead of being app $21 it was $34.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

noticed wallpaper in hallway peeling. our bathroom had peeling paint, could definitely tell it was do to some type of water leakage from above room

VERY CLOSE WALK TO BROADWAY

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A tad too much cost for my State-sponsored travel; I may have to stay elsewhere for a state per diem cost. regrettable as it is a great place.

Mindy: Excellent breakfast attendant; very friendly and professional. Anticipates customer needs well.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The gym was not maintained. We needed a hotel with a gym but the cable machine was missing parts.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Love the live music in the lobby bar.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Didn’t have my right room

The staff was geart didn’t like I paid for a king size bed and had to sleep in a twin size bed other than that great I will be back

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Nice hotel, staff very nice. Our reservation was to include 2 free drinks a day and snack basket replenished daily. When we arrived we learned they had not offered the free drink option in over a year. Not sure if this was booking.com or Doubletree who failed to update their website on this, so a bit annoying. Also snack basket only replenished once. Overall not major issues, still a nice hotel with very nice staff and close to downtown Nashville/Broadway.

• Junior Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Advertised the junior suite could sleep 5 and that's not true. There are no queen beds. Coach had stains all over it. Bathroom felt like j was at a La Quinta in a bad part of town.

Nothing, it was great.

The room was clean and really big. It was also nice that they put us on the 2nd floor so that our kids had easy access to the pool. The other bonus was that it is close to Broadway.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not enough glasses, no wine glasses, no stopper in tub, not enough coffee or creamers... Didn’t give us a receipt...at check in...

Close to music, restaurants, nice valet staff, room was nice- chairs cool, beds nice- need to be bigger - 2 double beds- queen would be great

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Sink was clogged, bathroom doors didn't close, room wasn't clean properly, the bed was small and room felt like a closet. The location is great so that's a plus at least and the staff was nice.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

It was way over priced, the staff was Not accommodating, the room was dated, nothing for kids to do, unorganized check in, and spent 700.00 to look at a few water falls and trees and the decorations for Christmas were lackluster! The worst tourist trap in the world! I wish I’d have read the Facebook reviews before booking and I’d have skipped this place

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It wasn’t the cleanest place. The room/bathroom was very dusty in some places and a bit of an odor.

Amazing deal for a downtown hotel. Awesome location! Check in was quick and easy. Would stay again!

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms are small. No fridge, which most facilities offer these days. Bathroom is small and has a sliding pocket door which is awkward.

Location. Perfect place to stay if you’re heading downtown. Within a few blocks of Ryman, Bridgestone and Broadway St.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

there could have been a mini fridge and hot tub at least near the pool.

bed and pillows were great . The lobby was beautifully decorated for Christmas. The cookie upon arrival was appreciated.

Where do I begin. I am a fairly patient person however, this was a very disappointing experience. We arrived around 3:30pm and they said our room wasn't ready. So we waited near the bar. After, couple of inquiries, and statements of "you are next on the list", and notice many other people were getting their rooms?? I finally asked to speak with the Manager because it was 6pm! So eventually they gave us another room, and comped breakfast ($19/pp) and the valet ($42) which was nice but they shouldn't had us waiting so long to figure this out. I will not stay here again, too expensive for what you get. There are probably other hotels nearby with better customer service.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom door was a slider rather than an ordinary one and kept coming off the track and was noisy to close. Also, would have been nice to have a refrigerator in room.

Very clean, staff really accommodating.

There were a couple of things in the room that needed attention (the magnets on the closet door did not work properly so the doors wouldn't close correctly & the vent in the shower was very dusty). There was no fridge or microwave. The prices seemed high for the room and parking, but might have been comparable with others in the area. This was my first overnight trip to Nashville since college so I didn't check around for better prices. I just booked with a name I knew. Be prepared to pay $42/night for valet parking!

Very convenient to everything we were planning to do. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food and drinks we ordered from the hotel were delicious. The bed was fairly comfortable and the room was clean. We're coming back in two weeks so it was a pleasant experience overall.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing... it was perfect.

The location was amazing... close to everything including the bus station to go out of town to the shopping mall! Staff were friendly, the room was lovely and all for an amazing price!

Breakfast buffet is a little pricy for the small amount of food to choose from

Location is great. Room was spacious and comfortable. Cookies at the front desk are amazing as usual.

We arrived an hour before check-in and were informed that we would receive a text when our rooms were ready. Check-in was at 4, we got to our rooms by 5:30. In town for a wedding and arrived late.

The location of the property.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No fridge in room. Sink was clogged and would not drain quickly. You could hear it gargle every now and then.

Located close to everything. Service was helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I received a call that my room service (breakfast) was overcharged. The caller tried to get me to give him my CC info. to reimburse. Thankfully, I did NOT. Later mid morning when I went to the front desk to speak to "Daniel" There was no one by that name at the hotel. SCAM Somehow thru a glitch in the computer systems the caller was able to get my name/room number and the amount of my room service purchase. Crazy However, I must say the front desk manger went above & beyond to figure out what had happened and was proactive with keeping me informed and reimbursed All my room service charges. Thank You

Staff was excellent. Stayed an extra day, the reservation assistant was very accommodating. Unfortunately that one additional night was over double the cost. That's OK--I was able to attend the CMA's! Well Worth the cost!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Arrived at room after traveling 3 hours and a football game with all of our luggage and was unable to check in because our room was not ready. Was told we could sit in the bar or come back. Was 45 minutes after we were told we could check in and sat another hour before we could.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The entrance from valet is a bit awkward. Parking onsite (valet to some other lot) is VERY expensive. ($42) Parking can be had in one of the nearby lots for much less.

Great location with walk-able access to many downtown sites. I had asked for a room on a high floor, far from the elevator. Such requests are not guaranteed. Upon being assigned a room, it was actually right next to the elevator. I spoke to the front desk manager Chris about this, and he was able to quickly re-locate me to another room that was perfect for me. I found all the staff to be very friendly.

My room was a Corner room and the set up was slightly weird and the location of the TV was horrible but otherwise the hotel was not a problem. The staff was amazing and valet crew was so nice. I will be returning but will request a normal room.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Bath tub did not drain well.

We ordered room service each evening and the gentleman who delivered was very friendly and personable. He made sure we had everything we needed.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Maid service was good with the exception of Friday (no one came in to do anything) and Saturday. Could be that it was the weekend and very busy!

Personal staff members such as Edward (restaurant), john (valet/garage), amber (baggage) and Kelly and Kate on the desk were exceptional also Andrew, concerige. All were friendly.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Elvator failed, call button didn't work, no number to call posted inside elevator, staff said Yeah we hate it when that happens, no concern that it happens all the time!

The concierge was wonderful

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I booked through booking.com a year in advance and they didn't have my reservation.. front desk was rude and told me they couldn't help me that I would have to call booking so I did and booking.com didn't do anything either so I had to pay full price for one night.... and it was the night before my wedding..... booking and this Hilton sucks!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking price was outrageous. Night clerks were not friendly at all. We asked for Kleenexes since our bathroom was out - clerk acted annoyed that we interrupted her eating and were later told housekeeping had none available!

Hotel was clean and quiet. Most of the employees were extremely nice and helpful. Location was good for our activities. Starbucks in hotel was a nice convenience.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

No housekeeping services. Ran out of towels and toilet paper and had to call down to the front desk three times before they would bring up towels and TP. Then questioned whether we needed it "tonight". We were quite disappointed....

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The pool was very dirty. the sides had brown scum. hadn't been cleaned in months. the lids for the coffee cups in the room did not fit. not even close.

the bed was very comfortable, linens clean. housekeeping came every morning to replace hand towels and make up the bed.

No problems

The room was small but clean and nicely decorated. Luxurious. We were only in town for the afternoon & evening. Basically just slept & showered in our room. Didn’t eat or drink at the hotel.

Staff made mistkes regarding rooms for our friends and tried to overcharge, maybe a mistake. They did agree to pay back the overcharge and provided some free drinks but inconvenient and embarassing.

they don't tell you that valet parking is $42 a night. The pool has a thin layer of film on there tiles that you could see, not sure how often it gets cleaned

That it was close to broadway ave and printers ally

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The valet/parking was expensive at $42 a night. Most places we stay that rate is around $20 and since there was no street parking, we felt like we had no other viable choice...;(

The hotel was super convenient to Broadway and other locations we wanted to see. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The gym was great for what we needed and the food and wait staff terrific. We would definitely stay there again!

A staff member was rude when asked a question. When asked again, she rolled her eyes and walked away from me. This one person didn't represent the rest of the people at this hotel. She must've been having a really bad day, so I just left it alone. Vacations are not where I choose to enter this type of conversation, so I let it go.

Clean/Quite room. Good location.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel was perfect sitting right in downtown for everything we wanted to do. Staff were excellent and we LOVED the warm cookies and coupons for local places! We hope to be back soon!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The price was too high for the Quality of the rooms. The place definitely needs a face lift.

That the property was walking distance from everything near downtown. The staff was helpful.

My partner I was travelling with is sight impaired and the entire property including the rooms were not lit very well a all. It made it even more challenging to maneuver around. We also required a fridge for medication and requested it upon check in and we were told several times a day that we were next on the list and would have it in our room. This never happened we were there for 5 days so maintaining the coolness for the medication was challenging. We were not impressed.

The bathroom had no counter space or shelving. Had to put my things in the floor (hairdryer, flat iron. Not enough room even around the sink for a hairbrush. Towels were stacked on the back of the toilet tank. :( Valet parking was $42 (+ tip) a night....way too expensive and $20 per night self parking....I Understand charging for valet but not for self- parking. Parking should be free when staying at a hotel. I was also charged for a room that was canceled 3 weeks prior (no cancel fee) and spent over an hour on the phone trying to get it resolved. Pain.

Room/Hotel was nice. Staff very nice.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Waiting for our valet parked car to be brought to us. True, they were busy and we failed to text them ahead of time as instructed on our pick up tag, however, we waited way too long.

Breakfast was delicious, but a bit expensive. The servers were polite and helpful. Enjoyed the comfortable beds.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

$42 / night parking. Can't get a cart without getting someone to handle luggage, resulting in tip for valet and tip for luggage handling. Overall cost with tips turned into $50 per night - too expensive.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Over charged for the room and parking I'm still trying to sort the bill out hotel not very helpful with billing blamed booking.com for over charging me. Not happy!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The staff went out of their way to help. We called and asked if there was an HDMI cord we could borrow. They didn't, so they went to a Walgreens and bought one.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We were so impressed with the staff. Every member, to a person, was above expectations. Very comfortable, location excellent, we cant wait to come back.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The fact that I was double charged for my room, which I still have not been reimbursed for and was charged 40$ for parking. They never even mentioned being charged for parking. I paid cash for my room, plus they took it out of my credit card. Extremely upset!!!!

food was a bit pricery had supper thereone night had to ask fr a waitor but over all nice place

eggs just eggs bed was great nice stay will be doing it again

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When we arrived we had booked 2 rooms and only 1 was available so we had to wait, but not a big deal.

Within walking distance to most attractions, restaurants and points of interest.

Absolutely nothing...

The beds were so comfy, the room was huge and spotless. The staff were just amazing... we cannot fault a single thing.. perfect location, very high standard, nothing was too much trouble for the staff. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it and will be staying there again

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The entrance area and stair carpet up to reception is almost threadbare in places and really needs replacing and is looking very tired. There was no sightseeing leaflets at the Concerge desk and the person was on the telephone for a long period of time keeping us waiting. It did not sound as though it was a tour enquiry. Did not find him very helpful or knowledgeable. I returned later and found him on the telephone again. This time there was 1 map on top of the desk. It was a pity it was not available on the first visit. The Bar Staff could do with training in people skills and knowledge of the wine they sell and seem happy to see guests.

The location suited us.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Trapped in elevator: nobody cared. Service man was working on fixing the wrong elevator. Hotel needs LOTS of upgrades. Carpet needs replaced especially on steps from parking level to check-in level. Bartender not always available. Seating to restaurant slow. No outdoor pool. Fitness center equipment outdated. Signed up for deluxe room and had to call down two nights for the "snacks". Cleaned rooms very late. No room refrigerators , parking $40 a night

Location was good. Easy to walk to places

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel needs a very comprehensive update. Parking should be included in the high price of the rooms. No microwave, no minifrig , won't be staying there again...

Breakfast was good, didn't eat the bacon.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Room booking was messed up and staff didn't deliver on what they promised. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived around 11PM and they had to get us a different room than booked. All around bad experience at the hotel.

Location was the best part. Close to most of the attractions downtown (museums, restaurants, bars, etc.).

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Too costly for what we got. Couldn't take our furbabbies and nothing special as to why. I have allergies and I still sneezed and no pets were there. Only reason stayed here was because same hotel as a class I took and I received no discounts on anything including parking. Not sure if I will stay here again.

Convenient