Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton New Orleans 4 stars

300 Canal Street, Downtown New Orleans, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA

#105 of 148 hotels in New Orleans

Started out rough ended ok

Arrived around 8 Friday night. The room was dirty and the bed had been made with dirty sheets.

Rosemary the second shift cleaning supervisor was super nice

My overall stay was great, I just wasn’t satisfied with not getting the room I requested at check in

I made reservations for a king room but when I checked in it wasn’t ready so I had to receive a double room and I wasn’t credited for the hotels mistake of not having what I requested ready at check in

My stay was great!! Bed was comfortable, room was is excellent shape and clean

Amazing Staff and Location

No complaints about my experience or accommodations. The room was nice and clean. The people were friendly.

The location of the hotel and the Staff were were great. We received exceptional service the moment we stepped in their parking lot. Our bags were immediately unloaded from our Lyft and taken in to the hotel for us. We were offered early check in for a fee and we took it so we were checked in and in our room by 11am.

Everything was excellent.

The hotel was extremely wonderful. Everyone their that work there were so nice and very helpful. Everything is walking distance so you don't need your vehicle. I will stay there again on my next visit.

Too Expensive to Stay Again

No incentives for customers, rooms over priced, valet parking ridiculous @ 40.00 a day, no free breakfast with a reservation priced @ 420.00/440.00 2 nite stay. Will not be returning.

Easy in and out of Hotel

Out of all the hotels i have stated in over the years in New Oleans, u guess are at the top.

Had some unusual TV problems during my stay and really have never recall staying in a hotel where the customer had to pay for the internet service. I guess there is a first time for everything.

It was just very clean and happy atmosphere for me. I particularly loved the organized and professionalism of the valet parking. The bellhop man was very nice, very helpful and welling help make my checkout go smooth.

Great location!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Paying $40 for valet per night!

Right in the center of downtown, no car needed, can walk to Bourbon street from hotel. Casino across the street, easily assessable

Everyone was amazing except for staff working late night Saturday early morning morning Sunday

Staff on Saturday night .

Friendliness of the staff, warm cookies, location close to everything, price was reasonable, pool was relaxing after a long day .

We were only there two days, but the location of this property is amazing! Will be back!

I feel like for the rate of a room, there should have been at least a simple continental breakfast included.

The staff was super informative and very friendly!

Very good location, but there were issues.

Room size is a bit small for the price. Housekeeping failed to clean the room one day. At checkout, they charged a rate much higher than the Booking.com reservation. They did correct it, but if I hadn't noticed it and had a copy of the reservation in hand, I would have been charged almost an additional $100/night.

The location is very good. Convenient to the street cars and easy walking distance to the French Quarter.

probably would not stay here again

There was no advance information on the $45 daily parking charges, our room was not serviced the first overnight, we had to call for extra bath linens, the staff was not very friendly or welcoming, the breakfast buffet was overpriced for the selection available.

the location was convenient, the room was comfortable, the concierge staff was helpful with directions and maps

I don’t think I would stay there anymore Sorry

A/c not cold enough the Valet would take too long got charged more than what I was supposed Too came up with extra charges.

Bed was comfortable Staff was friendly Room was clean.

Wonderul!

Not allow cars to park on the "no stopping" section of the road so cars in line for valet can be pulled there instead of having to wait in the street.

Convenience!

Great time and location and staff were exceptional. The price was a little high.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathrooms were too small for 3 guests staying in a river view room.

The beds were very comfortable and the staff especially the bellmen were exceptional.

I would stay there again.

Check in was rough. I arrived early but they have a locked baggage area so you can go explore. I can back about an hour before scheduled check in time but room still wasn't ready. I started getting frustrated because people I saw earlier were getting rooms but not me. It turned out to be a mix up because I had two separate reservations. My first room wasn't finished being clean, so i went back downstairs and they gave me another room which was appreciated. When I came back to the room that evening they had left a few beers and some potato chips. I thought that was going above and beyond.

Close to everything !! Rooms were quiet even though the place was packed. Room was nice and modern.

I will book a room there again m
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Made to go to another floor to get ice because it was broken on my floor 11th floor. The phone in my room kept ringing plus it was an old model needed to be updated.

Breakfast was great. The staffing was friendly. I enjoyed my stay.

Adequate place to stay
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room was small. Felt the hotel was pretty basic for a Doubletree, which are usually more accommodating. Location was not bad for walking to tourist spots.

Staff was friendly. Lobby area was clean. Room was clean.

Overall it was one of the best stays Ive had!

I didnt not recieve a water view room that I put in a request for when I booked in November and there was a $40 charge each night for having a car.

Valets were so nice and friendly! Room was nice with a comfortable bed. We could walk to so many different places not having to drive alot!

Excellent value in a perfect location with great staff.

Nothing, this hotel exceeded all our expectations.

This was absolutely excellent value for the cost. The staff were amazingly helpful and friendly and genuinely seemed interested in our happiness during our stay. The hotel itself is located in the perfect spot in New Orleans making it very easy to get everywhere we wanted to go very easily.

The room was nice.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The smart refrigerator in the room spoiled my food as it wasn’t cold enough for the items. The valet parking services took an hour to get our car which is unacceptable and delayed travel plans.

The room was nice.

The fact that I’ve been charged 5times on my CC from Double...

The fact that I’ve been charged 5times on my CC from Double tree and I got charged an Xtra $K and they don’t even seem to know why! Or can give me answers either SMH

MS girl.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I only wish it had a hot tub. The pool was to cold durning spring break but a hot tub would have been perfect to relax and sip bloody Marys in.

It was in a great location. The whole place was clean and the staff was very polite. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Perfect location but overpriced room and room service!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The internet connection was horrible. I had a business meeting via the net, it kept booting me off! The bathroom had a smell like a sewer. The room phone didn't work. The pool was being painted,so we couldn't use it. They told us to go to ACE Hotel and use their pool. That hotel charged us to get in plus you have to either eat or drink there. The hotel food is not good. Walk around the corner and dine elsewhere.

The beds were very comfortable. The location is perfect walking distance to every attraction and neighborhood,such as, the French Quarter. It's a safe location also. The staff are very friendly.

First trip to NOLA

We could literally hear the elevator going up and down from our room. Our room must have been positioned on the back of the elevator shaft.

The room was very modern and extremely clean.

The price was jacked up due to festivities, but the location...

The price was jacked up due to festivities, but the location is prime for the French Quarter.. it's right across the street from Harrah's Casino. PARK AT THE CASINO, get a free players club card inside the casino, play for 30 minutes and you get 24 hours of parking for free!

My stay was very pleasant.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

It would be nice to have a shuttle to/from MSY airport.

The property is close to everything…the trolley car, riverwalk, public transportation, Bourbon St, shopping malls, casino, historic places

My family won't ever stay at this hotel again, too expensive for what we got in return.

I did not like that no one informed us that we were on the floor with two fraternities who were staying there for a function. We got NO sleep the first night and had to call the front desk numerous times due to noise. Although security tried to help, they were not successful. After asking for a manager the next day, I was denied and was told all they could do was move rooms and gave me entree vouchers at the hotel restaurant. In addition to taking up our entire morning dealing with this issue, there was no mention of crediting our room to us, we were the ones being punished for others actions and I'm very sure they weren't paying nearly as much as we were paying to stay there. I will never stay there again and I advise anyone else to ask if any groups are on your floor. Very disappointed!

Our bellhop, Kenard, was amazing and he is the ONLY reason we stayed after getting absolutely no sleep due to two fraternities staying on our floor kept us up all night!

Perfect spot
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Roll-In Shower - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

Only issue we had was each night their system tried to charge money to our credit card so the next day we would get locked out of our room. After the 2nd time this happened they took our card out of the system and all was good

Property was fabulous and location was fantastic!

Double tree new orleans
    • King Room - Disability Access

The cafe/bar was just okay. Could be a little fancier.

The location was great to watch parades and close walking distance from a lot of attractions.

Nice and clean good location was there for court walking...

Everything was good the only problem was the air conditioner was not that cool in the room other than that i will stay again

Nice and clean good location was there for court walking distance to everything

We had a great stay and enjoyed New Orleans.

Price was a little higher than expected - especially when the city/state tax is added to the cost of the toom.

Bed was comfortable and room was kept clean.

Love this hotel. No disappointment

There is really nowhere to park if you didn't want to pay the overnight parking price.

I love the location of this hotel. It's right across from the Harrah's casino and right in the center of town. Everything is walking distance.

Double Tree's staff made a perfect weekend even more perfect.

I cannot think of anything.

From the front desk staff to Herman the waiter, Mike the valet, Freddie the bellman, and the event coordinator, and all the others whose names escape me, they made sure our stay was fun and friendly. All were helpful and made sure our every need was taken care of. For instance, we asked for a map of the area late in the evening when we arrived; though the concierge desk was closed, the front desk staff (I think Katie), went to the desk, opened the cabinets and retrieved maps and event calendars for us. Freddie waited patiently while we retrieved our room key. Mike helped us plan with the local police officer how to get our car out of the lot between parades. Herman in the restaurant greeted us like friends every time we came in and made us feel comfortable sitting for drinks in the restaurant when he could have served food for larger tips instead. The Event Manager shared with us her plans and showed us the giveaways, and lore around the parades and everyone had recommendations for parades to see. My friend from Trinidad and I were thrilled with everyone's thoughtfulness.

We were inconvenienced staying at the hotel with everything that happened to us.

Hair was in the tub which was disgusting. We had no hot water in the morning to take baths. Valet was horrible and they took off in the vehicle with our clothes in there. Big inconvenience.

Would expect better considering cost of room & parking

Bathroom was small + we had to unblock shower drain as was full of hair & wouldn’t drain + stepped on chocolate on the carpet next to the bed when we entered room so was not cleaned properly

Closeness to casino

Best hotel we have stayed in in a long time

Eating there was great. Staff was above excellent. Saturday was a mess due to huge check in crowds and our keys were not hung on the right slot. I had to point them out, then they got my car very quickly.

Room ok but was smaller than the picture. No view, and was hot.

it cost 47.00 a night to park my truck. And we had to pay for 2 nights. Went we came out to leave the attendant went to get the truck. It was parked in a lot across the street. We watch him get in and leave. All they do is make on block and come back. Well the attendant kept going and was gone 20 min. he burned a good bit of the diesel that we had. I kept question the man at the desk were our truck was and he kept telling me that it takes about 5 mins or so to get it. I told him he have been gone over 20. Then he got worried. When the truck got back they gave us 4 cookies for our inconvenience. Don't think that was worth our inconvenience and the diesel that was burned.

Nice, great location and friendly staff

The hotel and bookin.com not on the same page about the reservation. Had to get things cleared up and straight. Booking.com was on top of it tho. Great job. Hotel personnel, not so much. A few hours later, it was all good.

The cost of room compared to others.

I liked how close the hotel was to everything but parking...

I didn't like to have to pay $45 for parking; didn't like that there was no free coffee/water in the lobby. Also for the amount paid the shower diverter should not have been missing.

I liked how close the hotel was to everything but parking was horrible and no free coffee even in the lobby. For the amount paid for the room; should have been able to get free coffee at any time like most Hilton hotels.

My stay at the Doubletree was very good, and I would definitely stay again.

I did not like that the hotel did not have an airport shuttle service.

I liked that the hotel is close to everything regarding downtown New Orleans. The Doubletree cookies were amazing.

Lots of fun and would stay again

Having to pay $40 to park for their hotel that really is the biggest downfall of the hotel at least if your going to charge that put it on the website when people are booking their stay

Location was perfect close to everything and nice

I would stay again. Good value, no frills!
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

My main concerns are the A/C was very noisy and did not work well. The room next to us had a door that needs some wd 40 as whenever they came in it would sound like someone was entering our room. Some of the staff at the valet stand outside, appeared to be put off when we asked if they could get us a cab to the airport. Overall not a very customer service oriented group of folks! (outside folks only) Internet connection was difficult to access.

Hotel was in a good location. Housekeeping staff excellent. Check in process was very easy and fast. Cookies are a good touch at check in!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

It was great and the location was perfect

I didn't have an issue, we came in town for a Saints game. The staff was friendly and cable wouldn't work but the issue was resolved quickly. We received free breakfast buffet for the inconvenience!!

It was great and the location was perfect

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Fantabulous!

The bathrooms in both adjoining rooms that we stayed in were very tiny. Other than that everything was awesome. We truly enjoyed our stay.

The staff was excellent and the cookies were delicious, the rooms were comfy

I’d stay here again, but I’d be sure and bring a WiFi hot spot and eat out for all meals.

Having to pay $15 a day for decent WiFi because the free connection was terrible. Being charged $40 a day for parking because I had no other choice. Being way over charged for breakfast. I’m sorry, but a pot of coffe should not cost $10 nor should a few eggs and pancakes cost $50.

The elevators were fast and the shower had excellent pressure/temp. The location was close to the trolley line and the river walk and great local (non touristy) restaurants.

The service was great and extremely convenient.

The walls seemed to be very thin. You could hear whenever the occupants next door left or entered their room. This was highly annoying.

The service was great and extremely convenient. They offered the ability to text the staff about any issues or concerns ex: Valet, towels, directions to the nearest attractions & etc. The staff went above and beyond to accommodate our every need. Also, the location was close to all of the hottest New Orleans attractions.

Horrible

Service was horrible. The bathroom had hair in the shower, all on the floor. The sheets were really white the sink was dirty. For the money room was horrible

That it was close to bourbon street..

Location Location Location

Information from the reception desk was inconsistent. They were very friendly, just wish their info was a little more accurate between employees. Luggage storage workers were very funny and friendly!

Room was nice and the TV was huge. Extremely clean and very close to all the different attractions the city had to offer.

I would book with them again

In the French quarters with a lot of things to do in short walking distance. From the front desk to the valet attendants was a comfortable feeling that they were real, not sounding like reading from a script

Great location!

The hotel was noisy so we heard the neighbor's doors open and close each time they left their room. And housekeeping tried to come in early every morning...

Great location! Very easy to walk to popular places in downtown New Orleans.

Good value city centre hotel.

The hotel although clean and comfortable could do with a lick of paint. The door to our room was stiff and difficult to close.

Friendly easy check in. Good position of hotel, easy walk to Bourbon street and far enough away from the noise. Plenty of eating places around.

Other than the noise... it was ok

Pets barking all night. Ppl (kids) running and making noise throughout the day. No accommodations was offeried; however, offered security if it continued. Too little to late

Other than the experience in the resturant, everything else was good.

The service in the restaurant/bar was not good at all. The lady that waited on us was friendly, but no one else even attempted to speak to us. The food was cold when it came out. The kitchen closed down before time indicated on schedule and people were turned away.

Located right across Harrah's casino

The rooms were extremely small. The restroom was small as well. The door 2 the closet slammed shut which was located right next to the restroom door so the bathroom door wouldn't open all the way because of the closet door handle.

Located right across Harrah's casino

Fun, great facility, friendly staff

See above

Staff was so friendly & helpful!! Fast service everywhere except during breakfast in dining area.. go to bar area for breakfast.. they give you full attention !!

Great value. Loved the location and the hotel has everything you need for a very comfortable stay!

Everything was fine.

The location was great. It only a one night stay so there were no major highlights. But everything was fine. The staff was friendly and accomodating. The room was tidy and clean. We arrived a lottle befre check in time, but were able to check us in, and give us a room which allowed us to change and start enjoying our short stay. In general, a very fine experience.

The staff was amazing!
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was amazing!!!! Very friendly & willing to give their suggestions on places to go, things to do, places to eat etc. James & Trevor always made a point every time we walked through the lobby to say hello, have a good day etc.

It It was okay and I will never stay again or at least not bring my car. Valet parking is horrible.

Here are the bad things such as I didnt get the room that I asked and paid for which was a king size bed. Instead, I got a double bed room. The maid did a mediocre clean. Last but not least, do not use their valet parking. They got ants in my car and my outside bumper was covered in dead flies and mosquitos. Its like they had parked my car under a tree next to a swamp. All this for $45 a day and its takes 30 minutes to a hour to bring your car to you. I will never visit this hotel again or at least not bring my car.

The stay was okay. The hotel room was nice and the bed was comfortable. Dont bring your car!!!

Beautiful hotel - thin walls
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

My only complaint - and it was pretty big - the walls (at least In my room) were as thin as paper. I could hear every conversation as clear as a bell next door. There was a group of guys staying next door that were there to party (I get it - we're in New Orleans), and they came home all hours of the night and it seriously sounded like they were standing in my room each time one of them got home and started talking. I got very little sleep my whole 5 nights. I asked to move rooms but they were full. I wouldn't recommend this hotel based on that.

Staff was amazing, rooms were large and clean, location was great. Convenient and good food, right across the street from Harrah's (bonus)!!

Loved the hotel--excellent location and comfort-- but...

Loved the hotel--excellent location and comfort-- but parking for the hotel should be at a discount price. Paying $40 a day for parking when I'm already paying close to 400 for two nights is a bit ridiculous.

The Scenery from the hotel room
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The first check-in it took 2 hours to get my room and I had a early check-in. The second time we they supposed to have accommodate me for that Sunday say. She claim to give me a cut on my room, when it was really just $20.00, after I got my bill it really wasn't a deal.

The Scenery from the hotel room

Do not stay here!!!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything including staff attitude and lack of caring about needs of customers!!!!

Did not like much about this hotel. Small rooms and lobby and so crowded and very very noisy. They did not control noise and rowdiness. Poorly run for sure. Would never stay there again. Have stayed in seven other New Orleans hotels and this was worst. If you need to stay in a Hilton the Hilton Riverside is much better.

Everything was great.

My husband thinks the fan in the bathroom was to loud.As for the pool it was way to cloudy for me.

Everything was great.Great price!Great location! We will pick this location again!

Hilton doubletrer

Breakfast dining service was very slow & poor.. food good when someone took your order, could NOT get water & coffee; refills.. none! Staff in all other areas were very friendly & helpful!

All the staff was so friendly; excellent service! Except in dining room for breakfast.. service very slow & poor

Second Class Treatment

Terrible Front Desk Personnel. I ask for my complimentary cookies which has been a custom at all Double Tree hotels I have stayed as a Hilton Honors member. The clerk just blew me off, ignored my request. She was too busy smiling at these four men whom she had just given them their cookies.

Location to the French Quarters

Loved the employees at front desk very friendly

I went eat in the restaurant and the waitress Camille was the worse waitress I have every had she was not friendly, took her own sweet time when you asked for some extra sauce and when she came back to table asked her if she forgot about the sauce her response was oh no I never went to the back yet. On top of her bad service she had the nerve to charge me a gratuity and iwe was only 4 people at the table it said 6 or more you pay a gratuity.

Loved the employees at front desk very friendly

Girls Trip

The a/c in the room didn't work!

The location was perfect! We were within walking distance to Bourbon St, the French Quarter, prime restaurants, the river walk, the ferry/boat cruise, casino, && sooooo much more! The hotel staff was pleasant; but it was the housekeeping staff that won me over.....they were delightful!

We tried to have dinner in the restaurant, it was cold and...
    • King Room - Disability Access

We tried to have dinner in the restaurant, it was cold and this was after an hour wait. The restaurant was not very busy and the staff was slow. The beer was good but service was slow. It was a very bad experience over all. We were not the only table having problems.

Surprise $100 deposit when checking in.

Surprise $100 deposit when checking in. Staff also didn't realize they asked for a deposit upon check out and tried to pocket the money. Hotel Gym had to be accessed by downloading an app which was weird. Room was close to another room so when they entered and exited their room we thought people were coming into our room.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Good visit to New Orleans

Price of parking the car was high.

Clean, comfortable room. Good TV reception. Near the New Orleans French Quarter and the Mississippi River. Nice view. Where we wanted to be.

I did not like that the lady did not make it clear about the...

I did not like that the lady did not make it clear about the parking situation. I asked if it was the $40 overnight parking for me and my friend who were staying in the room but drove 2 vehicles. She said yes. Then when it came time to pay they charged us for 2 vehicles. So that was unexpected and should have been said to me prior.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Short stay in New Orleans

Parking charges excessive,no parking for disabled access. Better signage for hotel, quite difficult to find on 1 st visit, sits back off Canal street,

James at the front desk was excellent. Marcia in the dining lounge was so helpful and thoughtful, Best service on our 8 day trip around USA, the food was so excellent. 10 out of 10. Would come back.😀👍

The leaking sink and the leaking air conditioning made the...

The leaking sink and the leaking air conditioning made the floor slippery and very dangerous for my handicapped mother. Did not like the broken drawer in the dresser as well. The refrigerator was not cold enough. Housekeeping did not turn the room over when asked.

Stinky, grundy and overpriced.

From the very first step inside the hotel, I felt I was walking into accommodations that should have cost about $79/night. It reminded me of a Motel 6 or less! I was very, very disappointed in the room. It smelled strongly of Febreze aerosol. It really stunk. I was left with the impression of odors being masked, not cleaned. The thermostat control was so grungy looking, I didn't even want to touch it. I asked for another room. I was told none available. The housekeeping lady came promptly, but basically did nothing more than send the maintenance guy to change out the air filter. He offered to spray Febreze!! It must be a typical method of their cleaning procedures. They need help! The fan in the bathroom came on when the light switch was turned on. Extremely annoying. Decor, ugly. Entire hotel, very second rate. I will never stay there again. Extremely expensive. I was also billed a different rate , $289 before taxes on my credit card when I checked the date afterwards. I was quoted and confirmed at $269 when booking through booking.com. If I had not paid attention to my credit card charges online, I quite possibly would not have discovered the error. I had to prove the confirmed rate in a followup call and email to the hotel. It was corrected as a result of my call. Again, I'll never stay there again.

Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Great trip!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No complimentary breakfast. And parking quite pricey for 2 vehicles but it's charged to your room which is convenient.

Newly renovated. Warm cookies given to guest. Walking distance to everything GREAT LOCATION! ❤️