Reviews of Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel 3 stars

1000 Spring Street, Elizabeth, NJ 07201, USA

#4 of 12 hotels in Elizabeth

very minute-- but I like to buy a lottery ticket when I am in different state. That was not available in hotel or walking distance.(no big deal)

My 2 day stay for a conference held in Hotel met all my expectations, and I would recommend hotel. The dinner and lunch provided though the conference were very good and the meals I paid for also through the restaurant were excellent. The breakfast buffet had more than enough to sustain me

Overall smell. Club-like atmosphere in lobby/bar/restaurant area a big turnoff.

Bad smell throughout hotel - lobby elevator and room. Staff polite. Shuttle driver ontime and efficient

The wifi was not free and it was not cheap, please consider providing free wifi as this is year 2018 already.

Overall very nice place if you can find a good deal. Stayed here overnight for a morning EWR flight, they do have shuttles, even though I didn’t use it as I dropped off my rental car at the airport. The bed is super comfortable. I like firm beds that can support my bed but not too hard. The bed I had was excellent, i think there were some peddings so I had a nice sleep.

Food not good, loud teenagers staying next door complained twice. They were roaming the halls till 4 am. When I complained I was told they were removed. They weren’t .

Good facility pleasant

I’m sensitive to sound and on the highway side I could hear alll the traffic, even at a high room level. Request the parking lot side for a quieter stay. Guests can smoke right outside the entrance which makes for a smelly, smokey exit and entrance.

Great lighting in the room and bathroom, plus a vanity mirror. Clean room and helpful, friendly staff.

Frukost was really expensive compared with actual choice and quality. We even got a false fire alarm at 23:30 forcing everybody to leave the building for approx 20 minutes (not cool ;-)

Well located close to Newark airport. Good shuttle service every 15 minutes from Station P4.

No coffee in lobby had to wait 10 minutes for coffee from Keurig coffee maker front desk clerk made for me.The shuttle driver is scary!!! No smile giant chip on shoulder acted like he was doing us a favor. I asked him a question and major attitude. That equals 0 tip from me. Airport hotel has to have coffee for travelers in lobby especially in Newark.

The bed was very comfortable.

There wasn't a pool/sauna/hottub to relax in, after a long flight or a day of walking in the city.

The staff were EXCELLENT! Very understanding and accommodating. And the shuttle drivers were friendly and helpful.

The situation with the parking is ridiculous. I’m staying at your facility and I was charged $16.00 a day for parking, that’s CRAZY. The main reason I will not stay at this facility in the future.

I really liked that there was a bar and restaurant in the lobby that opened till 2am. The food and service was horrible, but the fact that there was one there is nice.

The staff was very professional. The shuttle transportation to and from the airports was totally reliable and on schedule which made moving around so much easier. Room service was very good.

I would not recommend this hotel. The walls are paper thin. The raucous party in the adjoining room kept me up until 1:30 AM. I could even hear conversations in rooms while walking down the halls. In addition, the staff appeared indifferent to the guests. For example, when I arrived at the hotel and inquired about Wifi, I was told that it was only free for Marriott members. Later, I realized that I was a Marriott member and informed the staff. Staff should tell guests that they can sign-up for Marriott membership to obtain free Wifi upon check-in like other hotels.

The hotel was a standard airport hotel. The room was clean and the shuttle service ran every 15 minutes.

• Concierge King Room

The pool could have been working, but it’s ok that it wasn’t.

The staff members that we did come into contact with were incredibly kind and polite. The other thing I liked is that you could be that close to the airport and not hear anything.

Large comfortable room. The staff was very professional in meeting our needs and ensuring our stay was exceptional. Food was great. Really catered to air travelers with flight information displayed at the hotel and frequent shuttle service to and from the airport.

Towels were a bit rough in texture. Bathrobes available on request(didn't know to ask for one).

Read some bad reviews of the hotel so I booked it with some concern. But I had a great stay. The staff without exception was polite, friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable. Free wifi in the lobby, I have Marriott rewards so room wifi was free. Airport shuttle ran on time. Food was excellent in the hotel. The decor is top notch.

I can't believe that in 2017 there are still Hotel charging for internet. Inspite of the advertising on booking.com stating that is free! Internet in the room is charged!!!!

The buffet breakfast, for $18.00, did not think that the value was met, at least the kids mentioned that fact.

Overall this was a positive experience and the property and staff presented itself and themselves well/.

The TV system is very outdated. Did not have the streaming services that most hotels now offer. Had to watch basic cable and couldn’t just flip through channels had to manually enter each of the channels like 05,06,07 etc. If you wanted to watch one of the movies they offered it was $18 which is insane. Also, the hotel does not offer free WiFi which is a REALLY outdated idea for a hotel in the states.

Very nice and clean rooms, beautiful lobby.

Waiting time for the shuttle from the terminal was quite long. No free internet in rooms, only in public area

Clean and comfortable room, nice lounge area

Elevators could use some love. Bkfast buffet not good. One of the days I had a stained towel on the towel rack.

Nice lobby. Friendly staff. Good food at lobby bar/restaurant. Good room service. Spacious and adequately-designed rooms.

They changed the soap and towels everyday even tho they're part of their ecological plan and I didn't ask for it.

Room service present even if it was charged.

Place is great for a weekend getaway or a night away from home. Great restaurants and nightlife near by. Will be my go to place to stay when I am in town.

Where do I begin..... The room was over priced, food was too expensive and horrible, sausage tasted like rubber, too noisy, when I was trying to sleep I could hear people from the hall talking.... this was ongoing. I wouldn't stay there again.

The room was clean and the staff were nice

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

The pool wasn't kids friendly, the temp of the pool and pool room was cold. The customer service agent were not informed with information. We were not informed of parking charges breakfast info, that we needed our key for the elevator to work we were there in the elevator for a while before a guest came along and inform us how to use the elevator. or as simple directions to get to our room. Didn't get a bill until we're leaving and they told us the card was was already charged. We went to the restaurant and was told we had to pay cash because we had no card on file which was not so.

The bed was very comfortable also having a pullout sofa for my daughter was great

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

No free WIFI throughout the hotel Very expensive snack shop No complimentary water in the rooms Limited complimentary tea/coffee in the rooms - 2 coffee mate sachets, what if you wanted tea??? Only 2 tea bags and one of those peppermint - really??!! The towels were like sandpaper - good for exfoliating I suppose :( Air conditioning was very noisy - not good when you are trying to get to sleep! Trying to close the curtains was like entering a bout of the Crystal Maze!! A couple of the sockets in the room did not work The tv feed on some of the channels was dismal There was no guide book with info about the hotel/how to use the telephone/info about the hotel facilities/details about the area... The bedding was not changed / the duvet was only covered over the sheet, the bed was not actually made properly as the sheet was still as creased as when we got out of the bed!!

The staff were very helpful and the free airport shuttle service was an added bonus

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Hotel location was very good and about 10 mins from Newark airport. Free shuttle bus was a bonus although it was hard to find - you have to catch the monorail (airtrain) at the airport to get to the hotel shuttle bus area but this is not the hotels fault. Just one to remember.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

With everything revolving around technology I would think that wifi would be more accessible. I had to pay $13 for standard wifi so my husband and I could use our devices and laptops. that was a little disappointing. Otherwise, it was a perfect stay

the room was very cozy and clean, it didn't give off the impersonal feeling of a hotel room. the bed was impressive and the comforter and pillows were plush and to my liking ! staff was very friendly and helpful. My husband enjoyed the hotel overall as well and he's a hard critic.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

The property while nice is located away from almost everything. Your time here will be spent on the hotel property only

Clean, nice decor, very personable staff. All the amenities you would expect from a property of this size and cost.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Very noisy. Water being used in other rooms was extremely loud. People in the hallways were very easy to hear. Other than that the hotel was great. Super clean, great staff, easy access to the airport.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

rooms are a little too small , shower head was far up to reach for a average hight person. No internet until you pay.

it is nice place for a short stay after a long trip . it is very near the terminal . free parking.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Couldn't find/figure out how to use the kettle. Would also be good if there were universal adaptors available however I forgot to ask for one it's perhaps my fault.

The woman who checked me in demonstrated a perfect example of customer service, I arrived stressed and confused from my flight and as soon as I arrived her curtious approach emad me feel at ease, and she explained the booking clearly to me, even gave me a room with a excellent view and a comfortable couch. No joke- I hope this woman is the customer service regional manager because I've worked in customer service roles for 6 years across the UK and I would be expect the hotel chain to have her lead by example. This was my first time to USA, and because of her I truly felt Renaissance officially and warmly welcomed me to the United States.

The staff could have been more helpful and friendly.

Clean room, Comfy king bed, nice facilities

The rooms were filthy. We had already paid. I would not stay there again

Close to airport

The carpets in the lifts and the lifts as a whole need cleaning

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No complimentary breakfast. Staff didn't give directions for using amenities.

No complimentary breakfast.

No Free wify

I like your park and stay policy

Bed was so comfortable, clean smelling room

Food was really good, staff was professional and helpful, room was really nice and comfortable

Everything!!

My bed was too small

I booked a king bed and they gave me a double bed

Parking Charges

Very friendly and helpful staff

Good services and clean

No pool

King size bed and hot shower

I liked the food and timely service

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds were very comfortable and the pillows were great. I have a lovely view of the airport and NYC skyline.

Did not eat at restaurant

• Concierge King Room

very clean, and the service was awesome, very comfortable stay.

extended parking available.

I wasn't informed bout breakfast

There wasn't any coffee nor cups.😔

The bed was ahmazing!😊

Extra pay for every thing, internet, parking , ...

Closeeto airport, comfortable

It wasn't too clean, especially the bathroom was dirty.

I didn't like having to pay a daily parking fee.

The bed was so comfortable.

My room Lobby Lounge the food and the personnel

A larger restaurant in the hotel.

The room was very clean as was the bathroom.

Staff where nice

Nice and clean

The soft pillows and mattress topper moved about so guess it wasn't a fitted one. Woke up a few times through the night because of it.convenience

No free wifi in the room

No Free wifi in the room - had to go downstairs for free wifi - didn't make any sense

Distance from lobby to elevator

Walk in shower

The room still had some of the last guest things in it mostly paper work.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Everything was delightful.

The bed was very comfy and the food was very delicious!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

My light supper in the restaurant was only OK.

The shuttle from/to the airport was efficient and easy. The room was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

You had to pay for the WIFI

the comfort of the beds

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

nil

breakfast is good

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Concierge King Room

Maybe the wifi access could be free or cheaper .

I like The staff! Very professional. The place was very comfy

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Large and spacious room w pretty decor!

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

The road access.

The modern atmosphere in the rooms. Bathroom was very chicque. It was better than I expected to be honest. Will definitely return.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

The bedroom and bathroom were nice The stuff was really friendly It was quiet and the location is well choosen

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Poor Breakfast. We were given a set menu and we couldn't adjust. Slow service

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Bed to small size

Best to small and no extra blanket

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

RESTAURANT MENUE

BED WAS GREAT

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

17 dollars for fast internet per day is absurd.

Close to AirPort, regular shuttles from and to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

No details on hotel facilities. TV did not work properly. Limited in room tea/coffee facility

Comfortable bed