Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort - North Miami Beach 3 stars

17375 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160, USA

#13 of 37 hotels in Sunny Isles Beach

• One Bedroom King Suite

The kitchen was really unequipped for a familly of four, if we want a kitchen it is to make food during the stay and I wasn't able to do that with what was given. There was no rules for the pool! It was terrible. Kids were splashing around on other customers, balls were being thrown every where, and there was simply no fun for adults. Two beach chairs for a family is not very good, most families are of more than two and it's too expensive to get more.

• King Suite

asked at reception to get a cab to take me to the airport the guy turned up on time he could not speak english and did not have a clue where he was going

staff very frendley hotel was clean

• Standard Room Partial Ocean View (2 double beds)

Staff were very unfriendly - we paid the resort fee every day and the beach staff fought with my mother about moving her chair when everyone else moved their chairs as well. The "resort and spa" itself was just a hotel with no actual restaurant. The "continental breakfast" we paid to have every morning was poor quality and most of the staff except for a good few were rude and unhelpful. The hotel is nothing like what I thought it would be.

Cookies are delicious.

• Two-Bedroom Suite Ocean View (1 King Bed/ 2 double beds)

We were having trouble sleeping one night because of the noise. It turned out to be the railings on the balcony because of the wind. I don't even know how you would fix that.

The food was very good. We had lunch by the pool a few times and it was excellent. We had 12 people in our group and the living area was perfect for getting together. Also, we could not have asked for nicer staff.

• Two-Bedroom Suite Partial Ocean View (1 King Bed/1 Queen Bed)

Mandatory valet parking($28/day), pool hours(dusk til dawn??), automatically charged a daily fee for wifi, towels, chairs, etc.

Friendly staff and kids park right next door.

• One Bedroom King Suite

Failure to replace tea coffee water without asking every day Bar and restaurant completely sterile and unwelcoming. V expensive valet only parking

Large room. Good locations Plenty of shops and restaurants near by

• One Bedroom King Suite

I did not like how short our stay was. I wish they had more to provide as far as kitchen utensils if they provided me with a full kitchen area.

The rooms were spacious and clean. I had a private balcony that I can enjoy.

• Two-Bedroom Suite Ocean View (1 King Bed/ 2 double beds)

There is a musky smell in the hallways. Not sure if guest are smoking in the hallways or is just an old rug that may need to be replaced

The room was very clean taken that the property needs a bit of renovation. The bed were comfortable. Overall the stay was very peasant.

Every thing was perfect

The stuff was very friendly ❤️ And the cookies supper delicious 😋 I love how they care about my disability brother and help him

• Standard Room Partial Ocean View (2 double beds)

The air conditioner kept going on and off. Too cold when on and too hot when off. They would do better with a different kind of A/C that maintains a stable temperature.

The beds were very comfortable and the location was great for our purposes. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

• Standard Room Partial Ocean View (2 double beds)

The bathroom shower made a weird noise and the coffee supplies were not fully refilled. Minor things really.

Location...Location....Location!!!! Staff was super nice and location is amazing! Will definitely return.

• Two-Bedroom Suite Ocean View (1 King Bed/ 2 double beds)

I was charged for a massage that I didn't receive I broke my leg and had just made it to my room just hours before my appointment I notified the spa and they charged my $120 for nothing

After hearing horror stories and bad reviews I decided to judge myself and I'm glad I did my entourage loved everything about our suite and the ocean view. The staff was friendly and prompt.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Standard Room Partial Ocean View (2 double beds)

The hotel staff were very friendly and welcoming. It was very clean and cozy. I'm very picky about were I stay. Me and my friends actually booked this hotel the day we arrived in Miami because the hotel we choose we didn't like once we seen it. When we got to the double tree the lady at the front desk made us feel at home. It was my friends birthday and the lady at the front desk even left her a birthday card in the room for her when we returned from having day out. I give this hotel a 10 plus.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite Ocean View (1 King Bed/ 2 double beds)

The room was DATED to a point where it was impossible to be kept clean (bathrooms and kitchen in particular). The beach was beautiful but was not safe to be on after dinner....garbage everywhere, broken glass. We could hear people out on the beach at all hours, even from the 25th floor, waking us multiple times throughout the night. It's too bad there is so much riff raff on the beach at night because if it was cleaner and safer it would be ideal for young children with shallow and calm ocean right outside the door.

The staff was so attentive and helpful, exceeding our expectations. The 2 bedroom suite was so roomy and the in-room laundry was a game changer so we could pack lighter. We chose this hotel because it is on the beach and had the space in the room we needed--it did not disappoint on either mark! Also, many restaurants and shops are within walking distance.

• Standard Room Partial Ocean View (2 double beds)

Very slim on souvenir shopping close by the hotel. Had to travel to do any tours.

Pool and beach were fantastic. Beds were comfortable. Walking distance to eating and groceries. Used uber to get everywhere. Don't rent a car unless you have more then 3 people in your group it costs 25 and up a day to park at hotels. We had a double room with wet bar.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• One Bedroom King Suite

The hotel fee for a spa was too high for the type of facility. It had 2 treadmills and two elliptical machines. Also they would not give us an hour later (1:00 instead of 12:00) checkout despite the fact that no one ever cleaned our room - even after requesting it be done at 10:00 - till after 3:00 Why not, the place was 1/2 empty?

Liked the fact that there were two rooms and a kitchen.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Standard Room Partial Ocean View (2 double beds)

I didn't like that my laundry was not done when I placed it in the laundry bag.

I liked the staff, the size of the room and cleanliness. I liked the fact that you were accurate with all promises.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite Ocean View (1 King Bed/ 2 double beds)

Our room was in serious need of a redecoration. The wallpaper was peeling off in the master bathroom, and there was peeling paint in the kitchen and front entryway. Also, the kitchen wasn't equipped well. There is a 4-burner stovetop (nice!) but only one cooking pot, not even a frying pan. There was service for four, but no mixing bowls or other simple cooking conveniences.

Great location, right on the beach. The staff was very friendly and helpful, 24/7. The Beach Club was nice, there are staff to arrange your beach chairs, carry your towels, and serve drinks right on the beach. Plus, warm cookies at the front desk whenever you ask. The parking valet team was very helpful as well.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• King Suite

Had a roach infested kitchen. Just the third time they fumigated, our fourth and last night we were cockroach free. This never happened before (it wasn't our first time staying here) Disliked paying the resort fee when we didn't use the resort at all (gave back the bracelets just as they'd been handed to us)

Staff's friendliness, location, chocolate chip cookies

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Smoking

Were is a breakfast? I booking with a breakfast but after the paymant no breakfast. Scammers! Due to this, the children were left uneaten. That's why we had to spend more time searching for food places that we had not planned for. I do not continue to use your services, I am very disappointed and do not recommend to others.

Swimming pool

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• King Suite

The hotel is beautiful, but there were small issues like peeling paint.

Exceptional staff. It was wonderful to see Sandra's smiling face in the morning.

• Two-Bedroom Suite Partial Ocean View (1 King Bed/1 Queen Bed)

We got trapped in our room following the suite outside door slammed shut due to our balcony door being open and the wind causing it to slam when we opened the inner door. The door overlapped and was stuck solid and staff had to break it down to let us out.

The suite was excellent as was the location.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• King Suite

The parking fee of $28 per day is ridiculous. We waited 1 and one half hours to get into our room. I guess it is accepted practice at this hotel. A bird attacked walkers up and down the driveway making a hazardous trip.

The cookies and oranges were a nice plus. The staff was very friendly especially Sheila the bartender at the Beach Club and the car attendants. The room was spacious with an ocean view. The location in the North Miami area made it convenient for all of the day journeys.

• Two-Bedroom Suite Ocean View (1 King Bed/ 2 double beds)

Staff was excellent & location was perfect.

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Soraya in the spa is amazing! Best spa day ever!

good

Pool is not too big

View Friendly staff Beach access

• One Bedroom King Suite

the staff didn't like the voucher from booking ....The bill was not correct and no excuse from the staff..

good bed

• Two-Bedroom Suite Ocean View (1 King Bed/ 2 double beds)

The property was clean, comfortable and very spacious with direct oceanfront views.

• Standard Room Partial Ocean View (2 double beds)

No parking old and dirty hotel .pulled beding down and there was sand and crumbs in bed or priced for what it is

I like location

• King Suite

this property is excellent for vacations and relax

• Standard Room Partial Ocean View (2 double beds)

Wedding for another guest pretty much shut everything. down dj was so loud it kept US awake on the19th floor

• Two-Bedroom Suite Ocean View (1 King Bed/ 2 double beds)

Parking per night was very expensive.

Location was great. Beach was great. size of the room and balcony.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Very tired property

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

good service.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Very expensive.

Great location. Staff very friendly.

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The food served by the pool was not good at all.

The staff was extra nice and helpful

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Smoking

Bed was like clouds

All the extra fees.

Awesome Beach Access

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Standard Room Partial Ocean View (2 double beds)

Room was a little run down. But huge.

Fast room service and good food.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite Partial Ocean View (1 King Bed/1 Queen Bed)

everything looked tired, pain chipped, wall paper peeling..carpets dirty

Beds were comfy,

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• King Suite

We had mold in shower and baby roaches in kitchen area

Love the staff and free cocktails

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

nothing could be better

everything

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• King Suite

There was construction going on in the room next door. Very loud.

Staff was very nice and very helpful.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

The hotel is outdated. It needs a big renovation. It looks and smells 70/80sh

Staff courtesy, King suite space and amenities

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Double Room with Partial Ocean View - Smoking

Room clean but a little old feeling.

Pool area, access to beach, beautiful hotel. Great outside/pool bar and seating areas.

• Reviewed: 15 May 2016

The building needs to be updated at the least and for best results, completed renovated- the building itself is horribly antiquated and I was shocked by the appearance of the lobby, elevators, hallways and rooms- the staff and your guets deserve better

Excellent food- lovely staff

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

Urgently need of renewal , if you booked for 4 person should get 4 beach chairs not 2!, exesive charge for extra chairs and umbrella

The location exellent, the view amazing

• Reviewed: 14 April 2016

Resort charge covers beach beds for two people and not all four people. Cost for each additional bed is 12.50 and for an umbrella 18.75. This coat should be either waived or incorporated in room charge as its a little distasteful to charge guests of your hotel to use your beach beds.

Beach location was good but if looking for more of a holiday feel south beach would be better. Room was huge and had stunning sea views and was also well equipped for self catering which was great.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

The fact that I asked them did they have truck parking they said yes until me and my husband approach the hotel were we had to park the truck behind a Walgreens in a public parking for 40 dollars

The room was clean and it was a ok location just not quite over the

• Reviewed: 5 March 2016

Way over priced, when I pay 300$ a night I expect a nicer and cleaner room,the only Beautiful place in this hotel was the Lobby. Online everything looked so good, the rooms looked business-class and the price is Business class but the reality was a motel class.

The staff was very friendly, the View was amazing and the location was very good.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

The only problem is that I stYed at this old hotel v cause of Hilton Honor points which I didn't get because it wS a third party booking. So many other beautiful and contemporary hotels to stay at.... and those stupid drinks for $20 mandatory ..... Absolutely ridiculous. Waste if$1000.00

• Reviewed: 23 February 2016

I booked a room with a full ocean view but when I got to the hotel I got a partial ocean view room. I was told that there were no rooms available with a full ocean view. In the end I was charged for a room with a full ocean view but got a room with a partial view.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2016

I would recommend this hotel to couples and families The king suite was perfect and the staff could not have been nicer Highly recommend this resort Brunch wAs great

• Reviewed: 9 January 2016

The hotel did not confirmed the rate at arrival, we had to contact Booking.com cusomer service to resolve. Also the amount the hotel blocks on credit card is not resonable. for 4 night stay they blocked 800 USD in addition to expected final amount including taxes, fees and parking!!!

• Reviewed: 30 November 2015

The shower door didn't slide properly in master bath. Appliances need updating

The view from our 2 bedroom suite was amazing, and the staff was awesome.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2015

Needs attention, stayed here 4 years ago,and was very impressed. The general decoration needs attention. (Being very picky) Sink had 6" crack, floor tiles cracked, wall paper peeling away and glass wardrobe doors had large cracks down them.

Right on the beach

• Reviewed: 17 April 2015

Outdated furniture and kitchen

Location was great! View from the balcony was breath taking. No noise whatsoever, except the tranquil ocean breeze. Amazing!!!

• Reviewed: 17 April 2016

Too old and poor maintenance

Location and washer & drier

• Reviewed: 2 February 2016

bathtub kind of small

quiet room

• Reviewed: 10 January 2016

Old rundown, needs renivation and upgrades.

Location was good.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2015

Everything... We were there for 1 night to take a cruise and we arrived later in the evening. Property and staff were great.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2015

the staff were very friendly nothing was to much trouble overall there was nothing to dislike

• Reviewed: 25 October 2015

Swimming pool didn't get any sun in the afternoons due to adjacent high buildings

Room and staff were faultless

• Reviewed: 20 August 2015

washer & dryer is old and not quite clean.

Balcony with full ocean view.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

Service with credit card

• Reviewed: 21 June 2015

Beach

• Reviewed: 24 April 2015

staff at reception was bad mood in the mornings... especially if asking some questions about the cost of parking and tax....

location, breakfast, view

• Reviewed: 24 March 2015

Horrible place

Nothing it was horrible

• Reviewed: 22 March 2015

Too noisy, one side construction the other side awful sound of the neiighborhood heating system

Location was excellent

• Reviewed: 10 March 2015

it was rather pricey for one night but it was worth it i suppose.

we loved the accomodations and the view was amazing.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2015

Extra fees

Location and convenience of location

• Reviewed: 24 February 2015

The place is rundown with mediocre staff. The food in the hotel restaurant was awful.

The location is good with direct access to the beach.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2015

Little tired and obsolete

Locations, proximity to the beach

There are also 31 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.