Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Paradise Valley Resort Scottsdale 4 stars

5401 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85250, USA

#34 of 78 hotels in Scottsdale

• King Room with Roll-in Shower - Non-Smoking

Parking stinks; went out to dinner with my son, came back 9 P.M., all parked up. Saturday A.M. SAW ONE PARTY WALK A LONG WAY TO GET TO CAR; AS I'M LOADING MY CAR, ANOTHER GUEST IS ON ME LIKE A PIRANHA FOR MY PARKING SPACE. My room was a few hundred yards from front desk. Not good for a man on a walker. The place was a horror show.

Design of handicapped shower was superior. A lot of those showers leave water all over the floor; drains were good, and tile was appropriate size for non-slip safety.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The slightly alive/dead cockroach at the entry doorway; as soon as we arrived and entered our room we could not miss it. It was disgusting. I thought there were cockroaches in the bed. We were on the first floor. But still. I have never been to a hotel before where there was cockroaches laying at the entrance of the room. The bathroom was very poor quality/needs updates to bathrooms. We witnessed young teenagers drinking booze (under-age drinking) the room near ours.

The outdoor pools, the location, and brunch.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Roll in Shower

It was a very nice room and the amenities were great for the value it definitely exceeded my expectations! It was also a very prime location just a 5-7 min drive to the nightlife in Oldtown Scottsdale I will definitely be back🙂

I didn't like leaving !!

Our trip was very enjoyable. Friendly staff, great meals, especially breakfast, and excellent maid service each day. Would love to visit this facility again in the near future.

• One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

No customer service at all. Extremely short staffed at pool. Bought a cabana for $150, no server, no chairs. It included some lemonade and a bowl of un washed or peeled fruit that someone dropped off and never came back.

• Superior King Room Non-Smoking

There was a convention on the property with several 100’s of people in attendance. They were very under staffed at the registration desk and restaurants.

The cookies

To eat breakfast alittle far, but just call front desk and in minutes a golf cart is there to whisk you to where you need to go.

Our room was ready upon arrival. We were down by the second pool. Very quiet, with view of pool and palm trees. Room had high ceilings, nice bed and large balcony. This resort is 22 acres with beautiful flowers, palm trees, spa, pools. Very well maintained. Staff always willing to help, friendly. Best cookies for snacks.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms let the hotel down, they felt a bit dated and run down. Also the pool was lovely but could have done with a good scrub and clean. We had a number of mosquitos in the room (bitten 11 times!) so perhaps some kind of bug fumigation in the rooms to avoid this.

Hotels grounds and communal areas were beautiful!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The doors of the rooms look not to be Safe enough, the bathrooms of the rooms look old.

from scale 1 to 10 in general I give a 9 to all hotel and amenities, I like the Pool, the gardens, cookies from the lobby. Food from the Pool area.

What I did not like was that the meals was not included with the purchase of the room which, I was told it would.

I like the room which was spacious, comfortable, the conference room was huge and nice, the facility was nice.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Terrible Wifi. constantly dropping and asking to reconnect. Same issue was for 5 employees form our company. Low variety on buffet for the breakfast.

Good swimming pool and great location. Personal is responsive and customer focused. Water and cookies on reception is great idea.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

We enjoyed the green spaces. Even though we were in a busy area the rooms were quiet and the grounds were relaxing. We also appreciated the room layout. It gave multiple areas to get ready at the same time as we were in town for a wedding. The pools were clean and secluded and a good temperature. My husband and daughter enjoyed having a basketball court as well.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

Good question. No clue. Oh I wish the servers did more laps around the pool hahahaha but I could live without.

They give you warm cookies when you check in. It’s quiet. The grounds are well kept and beautiful. Our room overlooked the fountain and in the morning we would open our belcony door and all you could hear was the water running and the birds singing it was lovely. Free water everywhere. The rooms are super cool with the wood ceiling. House keeping is so friendly. The beds are super comfy actually better then my bed at home. Car rental place was fast, easy and accommodating. The gym is awsome for a hotel. Honestly it’s amazing.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Patio or Balcony - Mobility Accessible

Food was fantastic, location great and the rooms were really nice. Two pools and bars at both pools made it easy to enjoy the outdoors. The only issue was the Cabana, which we would have considered renting but there was no tv. We will hope for that in the future. It was March Madness so that would have been fabulous. I'd for sure stay there again!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The ceiling must of had old leak, so there were stains and a musty smell. The carpet was old. The refrigerator was more like a freezer and our fruit was ruined.

The bed was comfortable. The pool view and grounds were beautiful.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

The fact that they authorize your card prior to even spending time there (the moment you check in) for the full amount of your stay is insane. I even purposely used a different card at check in because I saw this rule and still got charged on my debit. No apologizes from the staff. Was also charged at check out so I had two pending charges that took multiple days to clear. Rooms aren’t cheap so it adds up quickly.

Grounds were nice and in great location.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Tv cable was outdated. Many stations were not in high definition. The guide was nothing more than a list of stations with no information about what was actually on. Checkout took too long and the clerk was unable to split charges on the bill between the two of us.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the fact that even though I changed my reservation through Booking.com on-line, the changes were not posted to the hotel. So, upon arrival, the hotel still had not processed those changes. I had originally booked two rooms with a Thursday arrival, and changed that on-line. The hotel never got the changes, still had me arriving on Thursday. Upon my arrival on Friday, they no longer held my reservation. I had to show them my Booking.com on-line cancelation confirmation email in order to book the room for the weekend. Bad job by Booking.com not providing that update to the hotel.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

Unattractive property completely surrounded by a parking lot. It was like staying in a concrete bunker. Overpriced. This hotel can't be saved.

The location was ok.

We had to wait for upto 3 hours for one of the rooms to be ready as was not cleaned also that room was not the one we ordered and then had to wait for new room to be cleaned

The gym facilities was great

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Roll in Shower

I didn't like the mattress or the fact that there was so many nooks and crannies to get to each room. You had to do a lot of zig zagging to get to your room - at night it wasn't as safe feeling.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

paper thin walls- could hear conversations. We were at the back of the property. Need some white noise like fountains. their is only only jacuzzi at the resort and a very small one. the jets were broken. it was a let down compared to the photos on website.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Patio or Balcony - Mobility Accessible

Room very "brown"!!! Not enough choice in dining room for dinner. Dining room very basic. White table cloths at dinner would be nice. Bar area nice and friendly staff.

Very comfortable room. I liked the ability to purchase food from the little store. Lovely pool area. Lovely well-kept grounds.

• Superior King Room Non-Smoking

So was the waitress at the hotel's restaurant. After that the service was mediocre bordering on bad. Especially with the night staff. Had to call 4 times to get water to the room. The attendant at the front desk (Lady) suggested we come to the front desk to get water because "its free". We were exhausted, trying to pack and it was 30 degrees out so asked if it could be delivered. That took about 45 mins if not an hour to finally get

The room itself was good and the young man that was at the reception that afternoon greeted me well and was very helpful and attentive. So was the waitress at the hotel's restaurant. After that the service was mediocre bordering on bad. Especially with the night staff

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Patio or Balcony - Mobility Accessible

I was placed on first floor with outside access with my sons. I was charged for a $120 purchase at the restaurant that I did not make. They did take charge off. Facility was not the Hilton I expected.

Basketball court for my boys to play.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Roll in Shower

The room they gave us was on the bottom floor, gravel outside the patio. Faced a white tent. Asked to be moved.

Staff was excellent! Friendly, happy, professional.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

The resort is as beautiful as the pictures on booking.com Explore the hotel once you arrive and locate the pools, tennis court and the lawn area wth two hammocks which is really pleasant for some chilling moments (says me, mother of two young kids!) The gym was spacious and clean. You can even enjoy the sauna and jacuzzi in the back of the gym! I found them on our last day so couldn’t enjoy it! Close to old town and fashion square with lots of great dining options.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Patio or Balcony - Mobility Accessible

The rooms were outdated and mine smelled damp for my whole stay. the walls were also incredibly thin so I could hear everything going on in the hallway.

Nice pool with good drinks, great location close to downtown/Old town Scottsdale. Friendly workers.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

The rooms seriously need some updating and blow dryers would be nice to have in the rooms. The Wifi is absolutely horrible!

All the staff was very friendly and helpful. Nice pool areas and the grounds are beautiful and so well maintained. Rooms are very, very clean, location is great and the free shuttle to Old Town is wonderful.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We had to change room because of the moldy smell. The second room had a clogged sink. We had to change keys 3 times because it did not work. Front desk staff could be improved.

Staff at the buffet were very nice, friendly and efficient. Rooms were big and comfortable.

• Superior King Room Non-Smoking

The night staff was terrible. She was rude, uncaring and never answered her phone when we called to get a security guard to quiet very loud neighbors. Manager the next day did give us a free night for our trouble but he couldn't make up for the sleep we lost and distress we were under. We will never stay there again!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

Rooms are not fresh, outdated. Staff is "friendly" but do not show any enthusiasm or customer appreciation at all. They look bored and "off-line Breakfast is below average. Coffee is tasteless. I did not get the chemistry with this place to attach me for a recurring stay.

Honeslty, there is not much to like about this place. It is not a bad hotel, but it's not worth its price at all. Rooms are spacious, but that covers it all. And honestly had good support from the concierge Annie!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I stayed at this hotel just for one night and everything was excellent. Check in was really fast. I had a pool view room, beautiful , with exposed beams ceiling and very comfortable beds.The room is very big and it has a large closet and bathroom.The gift shop is really nice too. I really enjoyed also my breakfast in front of the outside fireplace and I wish to come back soon for more days.

• Superior King Room Non-Smoking

Bathrooms, weird set up, toilet was right in front of the sink, you couldnt ever stand right in front of the sink. Room 1116. Bathtub old with black spots on the caulking.

Comfortable, nice staff, bar servers awesome, beds very nice.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

This was our last hotel after a 2 week road trip so was lovely to be warmly welcomed at reception. Asked if we could have a rollaway bed and this was no problem and delivered to our room promptly. Lovely big room with a balcony overlooking the pool. The pool area is lovely and clean with plenty of towels and beds. There are 2 pools and not 9!! as suggested by Booking.com. There is a great gym with plenty of equipment. The food in the restaurant was very nice and the staff at both the restaurant and bar were very good. Great value for money.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Patio or Balcony - Mobility Accessible

The bar area wasn't very nice, not like a resort would have. Complimentary breakfast is always a plus, with just simple juice, coffee, fruit ect...

I liked that it had spacious rooms, nice grounds and lobby. Perfect location for us, and 2 pools. Nice pool towels and warm cookie was a plus upon arrival

Didn't know the rooms were all outside. The room looked older than I thought it would and I entered the room looking at a wall. Strange layout for this particular room. The pool was warm. I was possibly overcharged for room service and or miscommunication on the drinks included for kids.

The staff was very nice. The location is great

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It would be a great idea to have one pool designated for adults only!

Rooms are generally very clean but daily housekeeping could have been better. We also experienced some minor maintenance issues but all deficiencies have been corrected quickly and efficiently.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The view and the room was ok..

The bathroom,but the room was so, so. The tv was not centered enough to get a good view from the bed closest to the T.V.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room needs updating will happen soon

Staff was excellent pool area was excellent room needs to be updated which is planned again the staff was excellent

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Parking was horrible. Some special event was going on that attracted large numbers of smokers so hotel put out ashtrays everywhere

Buffet Breakfast was excellent

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Superior King Room Non-Smoking

Aside from the sheer number of people staying-which resulted in towel shortages and other deficiencies on the hotel grounds. My girlfriend and I were uncomfortable with the constant barrage of very unpleasant conversations about drug use and illegal/illicit behavior at he bar, restaurant, and when we were relaxing by the pool. We were not informed of the convention that would be taking place that weekend, happy for all those that attended and what they have gone through, but didn't make for a very relaxing weekend. Would have stayed else where if I knew what was going on.

Really nice property, great pools.

• Superior King Room Non-Smoking

Only negative was that they would have charged me for a late check out (half the room rate for anything more than and hour over) even though their hotel was practically empty. I chose not to do this so they stored our bags and gave us keys for the pool to continue to use the facilities which was very nice of them.

Scottdale is an ideal town to stay in if visiting Phoenix. Has malls, bars, amazing restaurants and the hotel has a free courtesy shuttle. This resort was lovely. Very clean and tidy grounds and rooms. Very spacious superior king room. All staff we encountered were very helpful and friendly. Good rate that although it did not include breakfast there were many options on their menu for in room and in restaurant dining that were reasonably priced, including a starbucks onsite with yogurt and muffins etc. Very quiet time of year (end of May) so we stayed by second pool and practically had it to ourselves. Excellent gym facilities.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There's only 1 person at the reception, which is not enough for such a big hotel. People at the reception are not very friendly and helpful. The worst wifi I ever had in a hotel. The breakfast buffet is good, but too expensive. The menu choice in the restaurant is too limited

Swimming pools, nice garden

• Non-Smoking King Room with Pool or Courtyard View

The parking---we went for breakfast and couldn't find a spot upon our return due to a conference being held there. So as a paid customer we couldn't find a spot near our room. Kind of disappointing.

Everything was wonderful, the pool, the room, and the service was fabulous!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Superior King Room Non-Smoking

The rooms definitely need updating. They were very tired looking and had a smell to them. The screen doors on the patio were either ripped or missing. In my opinion we paid a lot of money for what we got!

The staff were very helpful and friendly especially the concierge "Annie" The location was great. The lobby was quite nice and the pool area was good.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The only breakfast was $25/person according to what we saw when we booked the room. Way too expensive and drove us away each morning

Bed linens and towels were superb! We liked the turn down service... someone came in the evening to spruce up the room, empty wastebaskets deliver a couple mints, etc.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was first put in the worst room I have ever stayed in. It was directly across from the conference kitchen/loading dock. At 5 AM, carts were rolling by on stone walkways to set up conference breakfasts. It was like a constant earthquake. Employees made little effort to be quiet. This room should not exist, especially for $300 per night. Then, there was a conference luncheon directly outside my balcony. I changed rooms, but not without effort, that afternoon.

Great beds and pillows. Nice pools. outstanding shuttle service.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very noisy. There were a lot of "partiers" by my room. While they gave me a prime location, a lot of drinkers on sight who were load past midnight sometimes.

Beautiful setting.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

Breakfast was expensive and not a lot of choice. Coffee was bitter - but find that it isn't good generally.

Our room was very spacious and comfortable. Useful make-up area outside the bathroom. Liked the bathtub Easy to get in and out of! Very pleasant and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Non-Smoking Queen Room with Pool or Courtyard View

This is a large, sprawling facility that was rather warren-like. It caters to conventions, weddings, etc. thus there were a number of late night revellers. Room prices were high for what was being provided - there are hotels nearby that provide better value. Restaurant and room service prices were exorbitant. Pool was crowded as one of the two pools was under renovation - would have been nice to know of this at the time of booking.

The room staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• King Room with Roll-in Shower - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that check in was so late. We also went when the North pool was under construction as well as the restaurant.

Our room was clean and the south pool was nice.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

As soon as with entered our room, we were bombarded by the smell of urine. The room did not feel clean. I was considering just leaving, but my boyfriend talked me out of it.

The location and the price

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The adult pool needs to be repaired. There is exposed cement and about 6 feet of tile missing. This is the same issue and location in the summer of 2015 for the pool. They added more umbrella's which was nice.

The room was very comfortable. The grounds were quiet and well kept! Coffee shop location was perfect!

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pool water temperature too high, not refreshing.

Wonderful, large rooms with high quality furnishings. Property is going through an update right now but was not a factor in our quiet enjoyment of this property. Quality property with very nice facilities. We would love to return.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms were a little dark.

Loved the environment. Felt like you were at a private resort in the tropics. Loved the pool and the hotel grounds. It was a quiet escape in the middle of a bustling city. The staff was great and went above and beyond leaving our son a little care package for his birthday. My new go-to hotel when visiting the greater Phoenix area.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• King Room with Roll-in Shower - Non-Smoking

We had a problem trying to adjust the AC and find a comfortable temperature. Water pressure in the shower was on the weak side too.

While it was an older facility the property had a nice feel to it and I liked the fountain and two pool areas. parking was also excellent!!

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

Your booking reservation was not on file with resort. They had NO record of our reservation. We are frequent visitors and Honors members and were given a room at rate your email was made for our reservation.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

The staff were amazing especially Mr. Carmelo at the restaurant during breakfast. The breakfast buffet was great! The room was clean and bed so comfortable. If we ever visit Arizona again we will be staying here.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Only reason I did not rate the staff excellent is because one member of the staff was slightly rude but I was very impressed with the rest of the staff and how nice they were

I had a great time. Awesome pools, great room space for price and the resort is beautiful!

the view from our patio

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Toilet broken first room. Second room not all receptacles worked.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Patio or Balcony - Mobility Accessible

Food and beverages too expensive.

Rude valet attendant, Nonstop traffic noise, beds.

Location, spacious room & bath, outdoor dining, breakfast buffet.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

We liked pretty much everything.

Great value and pool and location to old town scottsdale was great.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Patio or Balcony - Mobility Accessible

I paid $10 for a ham sandwich...

Clean and nice areas and facilities

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Roll in Shower

COMFY BEDS, FRIENDLY STAFF,ATTRACTIVE GROUNDS,GOOD POOLS, GOOD RESTAURANT AND FOOD SELECTION.

Pillows,late maid service,no coffee mornings sometimes

Beautiful grounds

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

The food was wonderful in the bar and the outside restaurant. Along with the bar tenders! Super nice and friendly!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Refreshment at Check-in (Cookies & Cold Water)

The air temp was set at 72 and couldn’t be modified

Easy check in and nice warm cookies

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Cleaner bathroom is necessary.

• Superior King Room Non-Smoking

Small pool area, not enough chairs. Pool service very slow

Free WiFi, quiet room.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

It would be nice if there were more chairs in the pool areas, they were very crowded