Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City 3 stars

237 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA

#36 of 75 hotels in Philadelphia

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Service in bar/food area on lobby area a bit slow at times but not a major issue.

My room on 21st floor had recently been refurbished so all fresh and clean. Breakfast was excelllant with a good variety of food on offer.

• Queen Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I’m not used to “big” city prices and a my room was almost $400 per night. Thank goodness you helped me with price match. Saved almost $200. Would use you again!!!

Staff was so over the top helpful. Especially Jesse in security and John in hotel cleaning and the convention staff even lent me an easel for the day. I mean. “ Who does that?”

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool was very cloudy and ridiculously small. The toiletries bothered my allergies.

Room was lovely, great bedding. Friendly staff, nice breakfast buffet.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel needs a good tidy up and some money spent on it. The receptionist struggled with English and got all my details wrong.

The hotel was noisy and when we told the hotel all they did was say they would tell management

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The wake-up service proved poor, and luckily I awoke without the call from the desk. The only thing that was somewhat problematic was the street noise, even on the 12th floor; I'm from NYC and street sounds are common, but this was way beyond what I'd expect in a hotel. Soundproofing an option???

The bed was very comfortable, and the room/bathroom were very clean. The staff was very helpful and provided answers to any questions I had. I chose the Valet service for parking, and had no difficulty in retrieving my car when I needed it, nor any difficulty returning it for one overnight price.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

There was some confusion at check-in and it took about 15 minutes to figure it out. Also, after my first night of a two-night stay, I received two identical emails thanking me for my stay since I was checking out in the morning...which I wasn't. I was able to clear up the problem at the front desk but it was a little annoying.

Can't beat the location. The room was very comfortable, great value for the area.

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

great breakfast, wonderful view from corner room. The room was bright and airy with huge windows that provided great views both day and night. the staff were friendly and helpful. Parking on site without having to use valet was a plus. Staff at garage were also great.

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Given the location on South Broad Street, a very busy road, our sleep was somewhat disturbed by the traffic noise at night even though we were on the tenth floor. The breakfast wasn't quite up to the usual standard that we expect from a Hilton hotel but overall, we would stay at this hotel again.

We thought all the staff were friendly and efficient. We liked the room but should have asked for 1 King bed not 2 Queen beds (our mistake!). Bathroom was clean, well equipped and just what we required. The location was very handy for exploring the city as there was an entrance to the subway right by the hotel and bus stops a couple of blocks away from where we could take a bus downtown, to the Mint, to the water-front or to the art galleries.

• Queen Room - Hypoallergenic

The dishes I ordered from room service were either flat or too salty I ordered the lemon grass salmon which was flat The Philly cheese steak was very salty

Location and friendly staff

My daughter's room handle stuck and eventually broke. We had to push our way in and moved her out of the room. The restaurant for dinner had a very hard time accommodating a gluten allergy -bland.

The room was clean and the staff was very nice. The breakfast was very good.

We walked for 3 days and did not use the hop on, hop off which I highly recommend as distance can be a factor.

We were put in a suite on the 6th floor.Room was comfy and quiet.Hotel staff was friendly and we spoke to various people thru out our 3 night stay.They have a van that will drop u at the airport we were quoted $15pp 1 day, and $10 the next ,it was $10 which is a better deal than a cab.

pillows were too soft...

With my husband and I both having lower back issues and often not comfortable in hotel beds, we were both very comfortable and neither of us woke up with sore backs (like we normally do in most hotel rooms).

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The parking could be cheaper.

Nice hotel on a very good location, we could visit the main spots of the city just walking. The room itself was very big and comfortable with a good view. The lobby is very big and it has a nice bar. On the surrounding area you can find a lot of good restaurants and bars. We got a fresh cookie at the check-in which was really good.

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Did not like that housekeeping was knocking on the door so early every day. Also did not like the super expensive parking per day. What made it worse was we booked the 8 day parking package for 179, but had to pay 240 because the front desk person (who was a trainee) said it did not exist. She did not care AT ALL, that we were less than satisfied with that answer.

We liked the bed, room, location of hotel.

• Queen Room - Hypoallergenic

Definitely needed detail cleaning. Room doors are self closing and very loud and can be heard at night when I’m sleeping. Beds could’ve been more comfortable. We had an incident in arguing guessed that had to be attended to in the middle of the night. Overall probably would not stay here again. Manager however was apologetic at least the second one was.

Front desk staff was great.

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Some rooms could use to be upgraded.

Convenience. You can get anywhere in Philly from this location. It has parking. The beds are very comfortable. And they have the best chocolate chip walnut cookies!

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Would have been nice to have a complimentary breakfast

Room was very nice. Bed was ok but I woke up with my shoulder aching st 3 am and went down to find some Tylenol. The desk receptionist was very helpful and only. Haves me $1 for a 2 pill pack of Tylenol and then provided a sprite at no cost. It was a lifesaver!

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

lines at front desk there should have been a separate line for existing guests w issues and other lines for those checking in

bed was comfy, slept great

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Well I wish there was room service to where we can order food other then breakfast.

Everything was perfect from the moment I walked in to the moment I left.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The shower was hit and miss trying to get hot water. Only one tea bag left a day.

The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean and spacious. It was close to attractions in the area.

The room does feel a little dated, perhaps in need of some freshening up.

The room was large with a nice view over the city (from a high floor) - the breakfast offered a reasonable selection and the welcome cookie is a nice touch. The staff were friendly too, happy to assist with any queries. The location is good, we actually managed to walk to most places we were looking to visit, but the hotel is feet away from a metro stop which was really useful too.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

That the room was right at the elevators. They {elevators}made a lot of noise and you could hear when the people got off.

Thought the room was very nice. Loved the view. Thought that Peter the Attendant was helpful getting us parked and to the check in area.

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds uncomfortable, not well maintained, closet door fell off track when you moved it, wallpaper peeling and light out in bathroom.

Close to everything.

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Not much of a view. Alley and windows of opposite bldg. Paid extra for corner room with panoramic view.

Very friendly staff, great parking ($30 per night, unlimited in and out) fantastic location.

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool is small, 4ft deep all around. No microwaves in rooms, internet not free, and the breakfast was also not included.To add breakfast, you jad to pay almost $18 per person, which is unreasonably pricey.

Clean room, comfortable beds, great location, indoor swimming pool, and fast elevators.

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing that I was a little upset about was that we did have to wait longer than I expected to check in. Usually check in times are what they are but if you request early check in they can almost always accommodate you. We got to Philly at 8:30, check in was at 4. I called and asked and they said they were busy but they would try. So when we got to the hotel around 9:00 you could tell it was busy because the lobby was full. I went around 10:30 to ask again and they said they were still no rooms ready for early check in but they would text me as soon as something would be ready. We were lucky to check our bags in and to explore in the meantime. We got back to the hotel around 1:00 and still no update. So we sat in the lobby and waited and even went to have a bite to eat at the restaurant on site. In all that it was almost 2. I noticed that guests that were arriving were getting checked in and keys to their room. That’s when I went to the front desk and asked if there was an update on if there’s a room ready for that early check in. The guy checked and said “Yes” they had a couple ready. So I’m sure if I wouldn’t have gone and asked they wouldn’t have called me to let me know.

The room was a lot bigger than we expected! Pleasantly surprised about that! We had a great view (requested upper level floor) and the location was very convenient for us as it was the first time we were in Philly and we had no trouble navigating from our hotel to other places.

staff was rude and not caring. the concierge acted like we were bothering him. he spent more time chatting with his friend and acted annoyed when asked for help

The front desk staff person - Crystal talks REALLY loud. She let me know very loudly because I booked with booking.com I could not claim my HHonors Points. There were like 10 people in line behind me. We called for where the microwave was located since there are refrigerators in the room. Staff said they had no microwave for use. Cleaning staff would place two wash clothes in the room and no bath mat when cleaned. The televisions are old. No umbrellas for use in the rain.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There were no vending machine on my floor. Not sure where to go to get a soda or bedtime snack.

The view of downtown Philadelphia was spectacular! I loved the sitting area, where you could watch TV or the view. The bed was so wonderful, also. So worth the money.

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We unfortunately did not find the bed comfy. In addition, the ice machine was directly outside of our room so we could hear it emptying all night long. Also, we found the pool to be quite small for the size of the hotel.

The city view was excellent and we were accommodated with a room with 2 queens and a pullout (we have 2 grown kids)so we appreciated that.

• Executive Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Burned out lightbulb. Not that important, but together with other indications that the facility is showing its age (chip on bathtub, other knicks on furniture and wall, shower control was screwy), add up no longer a first class hotel.

• Executive Queen Room - Non-Smoking

endless check-out line— too few hotel staff at exactly the most predictable busy times of day no nightstand and lamp on my side of bed to be able to read and have my phone handy

I was glad to be easily able to adjust room temp good coffee. nice to have (real?) eggs got a nice high-floor view in 2 directions

Staff could be better trained. When asked if the tap water was drinkable, I was told, "You could drink it but I wouldn't."

• Executive Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was limited no alternative milk choices, vegan options? The executive room bath not very clean

The view, the bed was very comfy and pillows were excellent. The shampoo, conditioner and soaps excellent.

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was generally rude and not impressive. In particular, one bartender in the lounge/bar misbehaved with us (a party of three with two women). Intentionally touched a woman in the party multiple times, and appeared high/drunk. He said he is just messing with us.

View and room.

The rooms were a bit beat up, not as clean as I expected them. Definitely could ise some update. Windows were very dirty. Parking eas expensive and not convenient. Food was just OK, nothing special.

Friendly staff, especially Jessica at the frint desk.

I was able to be accommodated by a staff person (Vorona?) when there was confusion over my booking a single bed. I needed a double bed because I had a co-worker with me. She took excellent care of this!

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Not enough toiletries provided for the number of people occupying the room. WiFi not automatically complementary ($9.95/day charge), although reception were fine providing us with free wi-fi vouchers when requested.

Location, slap bang in the center of downtown. Everything is within walking distance. Hotel was excellent value for money and they gave us a complementary cookie on check in. Very flexible on check in and check out when we stayed. They had no problem with us checking in early on arrival or leaving just after 12 on departure day.

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The restaurant wasn't very good and wait service was bad. My medium steak was charred and well done. And the cost of my bad meal was very high. The beds are also too soft for me.

Good location in Center City, clean, and I got a good rate.

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Some confusion on check-in over whether we qualified for a particular promotion due to using booking.com rather than their hotel website. Annoying that it took so long to clear up, and we ended up having to pay more for our stay to qualify, even thiugh we had carefully checked the fineprint on the offer in advance.

Super cozy room, nice view, and helpful staff.

I liked everything about the hotel, from start to finish. I wish all the hotels I stayed in were like this. for some reason however the staff thought I was a return customer

No gift shop as indicated on line. Had to leave the hotel on cold night to purchase water and snacks.

Liked the location of our room. Could see the cities skyline clearly. Staff was pleasant and helpful with my inquiries.

It would have been helpful if more information about things to do in Philadelphia, such as local attraction brochures and area maps, were available in the room.. Also, I had to ask at the front desk for a list of TV channels.

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like how the staff treated my friends. They were black males and as soon as they walked in the staff followed them around the building to the area that I was and began questioning them. That’s was rude and stereotypical.

I appreciated the way the pool was it had nice heating. The scenery for the pool was gorgeous as well.

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

parking is so expensive in Philly--$45, I think it was. Ouch. But commensurate with the other hotels.

Very nice place to stay--close to everything in center city--obviously. Enjoyed my stay.

I have never stayed at an urban hotel that didn't have free wifi in the rooms. They wanted to charge $10 a day for wifi in my room!

The room was great - extremely comfortable bed. Excellent location.

No free Wi-Fi. Nowadays, this should be provided complementary.

Great location! Check-in was a touch slow but we were a massive group, so completely understandably.

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Mildew on shower curtain, tub drain didn’t close, makeup mirror mounted too high, black out curtains hard to close all the way, and toilet was much too low.

Very friendly housekeeper and helpful staff excellent lighting especially over the shower

Payment taken weeks before. Fitness studio is broken into two very small rooms. Unable to check in early, must wait till 1600. Main restaurant is closed.

security personnel everywhere, very safe. Location is first class.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was cold, thermostat did not work. Free wifi is scary, but I refuse to pay extra for premium service. Ridiculous price for breakfast, which we passed on. No coffee in lobby, and no microwave in room. Hilton Honors price was higher and did not include breakfast like some other sites did. Called their toll free number to get price match and book, but they won't give me Hilton Honors points for the stay.

Size of room, the warmth of bedding, depth of bathtub, refrigerator, corner windows, walkability of the area.

Water was running out behind the shower head due to improper installation, faucet on shower leaked and dropped constantly, poorly remodeled bathroom, uncomfortable bed, bathroom could use a good cleaning and a coat of paint.

The location was convientent

We had an issue with a group of teenagers hanging out in the hall. I am not sure what the hotel can do about this, but I bet the chaperones were not on the same hall. They probably requested to be as far away from the kids as possible. Which was why we had an issue. The desk responded to out call and that took care of the problem. I would not be able to comment on the food because we didn't eat at the hotel.

The location of this hotel is very nice. It is very close to Rittenhouse Square and Center City. If you are attending music or theater, it is right across the street, so you cannot beat that. We enjoyed the lobby where we hung out with friends.

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I just want to point out that in the corner at the windows, the control wands for the shears and the curtains are in the extreme corner. A person has to move the chair and take a good long reach to get to them in order to open up for the view and sunshine. The wants need to be put at the ends of the windows closest to the walls instead. Might I suggest that you just switch the sides? This meaning that the curtain apparatus on the left be switched with the apparatus on the right. Problem solved, no money spent and even the shortest and disabled are capable of opening and closing the shades.

The concierge or hostess at the lobby, named Theresa, was wonderful. She is so friendly and kind. Theresa is a gem and quite an asset to Double Tree. She is such a natural at customer service. The bed was so comfortable and the room was nice.

The eggs Benedict was over priced and under cooked. There was a crack across the bathroom sink and the room was a little small. There was also something in the comforter sticking me at night.

Overall the hotel was nice and located near the convention center. Staff was pleasant and happy hour downstairs was nice, and affordable.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hot breakfast every morning was a huge plus! It was in an ideal location since I could walk to the convention center everyday for the conference I was attending.

• Queen Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Wish the morning paper was delivered to the room.

The bed was better than the one at home. We went to the Philadelphia Flower show and it was wonderful. The hotel was one of the best I've stay, I am retired military and have stayed in hotels throughout the world.

Swimming pool should be not only write on depliant, but also keep clean and a comfortable area for the customers, same for sauna. If you give it as service, let this areas ready to use it. On 2018 wi-fi have to be keep free for ALL the guests, not only HHonors.

All ok. Room and bad clean and comfortable

The only issue I had this stay was I had a corner room and as soon as I got into the room the toilet was running and it hadn’t even been used yet.. when I took a shower the water wouldn’t go down the drain.. it was like I was taking a shower and a bath.. that was my only issue..

I’ve stayed here before and I love it..I did have a issue minor issue at the front desk but it was handled by I very nice women which I appreciated so much..I always love my room and the stay it is right downtown in the middle of literally everything

Did not like going outside for a ciggarett and being asked for change every second from random homeless ppl.

Bed was comfortable room was tidy and clean. Staff was great and helpful.

• 2 Queen Beds Kitchenette Suite

No stove top in kitchen. When making reservations , the hotel said there was a stove top. Needed kitchen, traveling with a child with serve food allergy.

How big the rooms were

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I liked everything about this hotel, from the time we checked in till when we left, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the place was very clean, I will definitely come back here.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very dirty, smelled. There were hand prints on the windows, debris in bathroom floor. Bed was very uncomfortable, paint chipping on ceiling.

The location. Check in was easy.

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I lost my phone - called hotel they had someone look in the room after I checked out and said it was not there. I did find my iPhone, went to the desk they gave me a temporary key and my phone was there.

Overall the room was larger and a lot more modern than what I expected.

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Free wi-fi would have been nice.

The hotel was able to accommodate our request for a corner room as an upgrade. The room was excellent and the bed extra comfy! The cookie upon our late arrival was a nice touch too. Perfect location for our needs. I would definitely stay here again.

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing would be the TV, the screen is a bit small especially in a room with two queen beds. That's it!

Really nice and helpful staff. The room was big and the bed comfy. There is a fridge in the room which is really convenient. I just regret not having enough time to try the swimming pool! Great place, and great locations. Close to a lot of restaurants, and by walk it is about 20 min from the Liberty Bell. Awesome! Also, if you come by bus, the hotel is about 15 min by walk from the bus terminal! One more thing, lots of vegan places, just check on google!

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

room service breakfast was slow (expected) and very expensive (not expected) omelets were like leather, potatoes extremely salty. coffee was good.

beds were very comfortable. room size also comfortable. great view! due to bad weather we had supper at the restaurant off the lobby, food was good to fair. (mine was good, husbands was fair). dessert out of this world!!

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking was on the premises but is not affiliated with the hotel so you have to pay $30 a day. Plus beware you must pay a $150 deposit fee that was not listed on our booking.

Clean Rooms. Friendly staff.

One of the ladies on the staff at the front desk was not very friendly I got the impression she looked at my race and treated me different

Staff member at the desk mr. Bradley was excellent he's really made me and my wife feel at home and very very comfortable

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I did not like that I wasn't aware that there was No continental breakfast and I paid 6.50 for 2 cups of coffee, parking was to expensive for guest nightly rate. Knock on the door by staff at 9:30am for what I don't kw

Cookies at greet where pretty good...

I’m a diamond member I got there I got them think I got any point you may stay because I booked online which is ridiculous I have a big girl for breakfast that I didn’t even use anyway it just wasn’t a good experience my last couple experiences hasn’t been good there

• 2 Queen Beds Kitchenette Suite

The suite we were in was in another tower from the main hotel. It was a bit of a hike to get in and out of the hotel. Also, the soundproofing could use an upgrade. There were a pack of children staying above us. We think they were wearing wooden shoes.

This was my first visit to Philadelphia. The location of the Doubletree was excellent. There is a lot to do and see within walking distance. It’s only a short taxi ride to the Historic venues such as the Liberty Bell. I would certainly consider staying here again.

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room was right next to the elevator so it was a bit loud and we didn't get a view at all. Last night our neighbours were a bit loud as well.

Location was great. Walked everywhere. Andrew in the restaurant was very friendly and we chatted with him for a while about what to see on philly.

The lady who did my check in was very friendly unlike all the other staff who were all rude and unhelpful!

Very nice hotel, the rooms are great, comfy beds, nice lobby. I love the Doubletree cookies!!!

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We requested a crib for our daughter. The staff said they would bring one up but it took over an hour to arrive. Similarly, we had to call twice to have toothpaste delivered to the room (we had forgotten to pack our own). There was a long line for check in but it moved fairly quickly.

Room was clean and comfortable. The bedding was soft and there was plenty of space for us to spread out, which was especially important because we were traveling with a baby including a crib, stroller, and car seat and we still felt like we could walk easily around the room. The hotel definitely has a luxury feel to it.

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

There wasn't one thing that we didn't like.

Everything (facilities, restaurants, staff) was perfect. We had a wonderful weekend get-away. We loved the warm cookies we got on our arrival. The staff was amazing - so friendly, caring, and professional.