Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Portland 3 stars

1000 Northeast Multnomah Street, Portland, OR 97232, USA

#56 of 124 hotels in Portland

Great location, very nice outdoor pool, restaurant was great...
    • Queen Room

I did not like the fact that my room did not have a refrigerator and microwave, I really like to have those available

Great location, very nice outdoor pool, restaurant was great, snacks and drinks can be purchased in lobby which is convenient

Great value for a world-class brand hotel
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony - Non-Smoking

The bed was so comfortable. It was the best sleep I've had in a long time. The breakfast buffet was very well stocked with some local foods like butter and jam. There's a light rail, park and shopping mall across the street.

A well priced, comfortably large room that fit our family of 4 well while visiting Portland!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony - Non-Smoking

The park across the street seemed to have a bunch of sketchy people in it, but we thankfully could only really see the lovely trees from our balcony.

The staff was very friendly, and the check-in process was wonderful. The air conditioning was great, not loud like other places we've stayed. The room was huge and was a great starting point for exploring Portland. We enjoyed the pool as well, and the trees surrounding it and visible from our room all around were beautiful. We stayed in 4 different hotels on our road trip, and this was the absolute best!

Very nice stay with easy access to everything. Milo’s food is great but $40 for theee people is $$$.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony - Non-Smoking

Costly breakfast! Should have a free breakfast since lunch and dinners cost so much.

From the complimentary checkin cookies and cucumber water to the staff, everything was great. Beautiful park across the street with majestic trees. Very relaxing!!

Amazing experience. Very professional, helpful and nice staff. Rooms very clean and comfortable.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony - Non-Smoking

Nothing. Everything was perfect.

The room had an amazing view. The beds were the most comfortable beds I’ve ever slept in for a hotel. My favorite part was the cookies they give you at the desk when you check in!

When we checked in nobody explained about the parking fees. Limited dining choices.

There were bits and pieces of plastic and paper that were not picked up from the previous guests. The room is old and could use some updating with lighting, window coverings and perhaps a small refrigerator and microwave.

The bed is very comfortable.

This place is too expensive.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony - Non-Smoking

This place is too expensive. If my group stayed at another hotel, I wouldn't mind. Nobody can afford to do anything after they pay for meals and the room.

Very Un-presidential Presidential Suite
    • Presidential Suite

I booked the Presidential suite and had to fight with the hotel and get booking.com involved to get the hotel to honor my reservation. They wanted to put me in a smaller room for the same price! Thankfully booking.com intervened and got me the room I had booked. Then when I went to check in the guest services manager was very passive aggressive and I could tell that she was unhappy that they had to honor my reservation! As booking.com stated "it is not the guest's fault and she should not have to pay for your mistake". The Presidential Suite was very un-presidential. The furnishings were severely worn and the room did not appear to be well maintained. The buttons on the spa tub were completely worn off so you could not tell which button was for which function. The chair in the bedroom was worn and ripped. Several of the chairs at the dining table were ripped. The "white" couch was dirty and worn. The ceiling had several stains on it. The room appeared as though several guests had completely trashed it over the years and no time or energy has been spent in updating it or fixing the damage completely. The room also smelled of cigarette smoke. Booking.com lists as non-smoking but the hotel website and app list it as smoking. Very disappointing for the amount of money that was spent!!!

The rest of the staff was pleasant and helpful. The location was pretty good.

Downtown location.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Having to pay for parking. No microwave or mini fridge. Although I was told by staff that they could bring those to my room. Would just prefer to have them already there. Using the keycard to get out of the parking garage was annoying.

Downtown location. Nice beds. Quiet.

A reasonable value at a good location
    • Queen Room

Room was a bit small and cramped, pillows were inadequate. Parking was way too expensive ($27/night for guests)

Great location, very close to public transport. Excellent restaurant

Location was convenient.
    • Queen Room

Queen bed seemed small, more like full size. Walls were thin and we could hear our neighbor watching tv, showering, sneezing/coughing.

Location was convenient. In-room dining service staff was fast and friendly.

1) There is a parking fee $27 a day that I have not find any...
    • Queen Room

1) There is a parking fee $27 a day that I have not find any information on the web page. 2) The room does not against the noisy its make by the other rooms ( same floor or up floor ).

Expensive and dirty.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our room had flies in it, the wall paper was water stained (as was the ceiling), windows didnt open, shower curtain was falling off the rod, the wood paneling was peeling or severely scratched, they charged me an extra 25 dollars for my service dogs and "deep cleaning" when they gave us a disgusting room.

The beds are SO comfortable and even have great pillows...
    • Queen Room

There isn't anything I didn't like. The place is a bit worn but that just makes it easier to bring our pets without excess worry.

The beds are SO comfortable and even have great pillows which can be really hard to find. For us, it is wonderful that dogs are allowed and staff were super friendly.

Nicer than we expected, Comfortable beds.

See above comment

Our WiFi connection was horrible. I called the front desk for help to log in, but the coverage was extremely slow, and our apps/websites would not load. Other than that... everything else was great

Good value, good food, great staff glad I don’t drive parking is 27 per day.
    • Queen Room

I would suggest power washing and sprucing up the outdoor patios. My room was a walk out to the pool area and it was pretty dirty and in need of attention.

Both breakfast and dinner were excellent. Bed was comfortable. Pool water was clean and refreshing.

See above
    • Queen Room

The room was so dirty! It looked almost like it hadn't been cleaned. Only I coffee bag for the 2 of us. The other 2 were decaf so we had to buy a mocha. Disappointed in quality of room for the price. Also, no communication about where everything was, what services were offered.

Bed was very comfortable and location was extremely convenient. No time to check out pool, etc

Awesome view of Portland!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony - Non-Smoking

Awesome view of Portland! The bed was extremely comfortable. It is very easy to get around with the various public transit options. Breakfast at Milo's, just a few blocks away, is a must!

Infinity Symposium
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There were no refrigerators or microwaves in the room.

It was located on the train line, the staff was friendly and accommodating during our dinner on friday.

• Queen Room

There was no mini fridge. The comforter was a little gross and was not encased in a duvet cover, which would have felt cleaner. The rest of the room was clean.

Great location. Comfortable bed. Professional staff.

Bed was comfortable.
    • Queen Room

Towels had makeup all over them. Room was small for having a newborn baby with a pack n play needed for sleeping. Door in the bathroom didn’t shut properly.

Bed was comfortable.

Unhappy

I have been trying to get in contact with the hotel by phone and then by email and still no reply. They charged me a higher rate then what my booking stated. Unhappy that its taking a long time for them to reply

The location was great

I have stayed here before and I love the location, and the...
    • Presidential Suite

We were not able to get the room we booked (Governors suite) due to it being left in bad condition by the previous people. The room the gave us was pool level, and definitely not what we had wanted. I realize this was out of their control and I do not fault them, but it did change our experience, as we were hoping to have the jetted tub and large suite for the night. The staff did check on us a few times and tried to make up for the change, but it was still a disappointing experience.

I have stayed here before and I love the location, and the fact that there is a coffee stand, bar and restaurant.

Paula at the front desk was completely amazing!
    • Queen Room

Paula at the front desk was completely amazing! She worked magic to accommodate our early check in. The room was awesome, and the cookies at the front desk are reason enough to return. Great place to stay.

Staff were excellent, upgraded our room without hesitation...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff were excellent, upgraded our room without hesitation when the one we were assigned didn’t meet our needs. Located outside of the downtown core but has excellent transportation right outside the door. Would definitely stay here again.

Comfortable stay, convenient location, and accommodating staff
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub

No 24-hr or late night room service. Couldn’t get food after 11pm.

Location was great! Front desk and concierge staffs are always helpful and happy to see you! Cookies!! Text from staff asking if my stay is going well!!

Arrived check in was fast and easy, payed almost $30 to park overnight no bath tub. Staff friendly
    • Queen Room

Room was small no bathtub,no free breakfast didn’t explain what was included or not didn’t have pricing on parking payed $190 for one night queen bed no tub shower only no breakfast.

Check in was fast friendly staff

Great location but will not be staying here again.
    • Queen Room

The size of the room. The Paramount hotel was a better stay for the same cost. The Paramount has great rooms that were bigger, more amenities, and more luxurious. Would not stay here again. The staff never greet you and not do they check in with you to see how your stay is going.

The location of the hotel is perfect

Disappointing experience that left me angry.
    • Queen Room

Price Area located Pay to park Small cramped room Breakfast not included I the $179 a night room Etc. Etc. Etc.

This property was not worth the money. The room was small, no amenities like a small fridge, hair dryer, etc. The food was outrageously expensive and had to pay almost $30 to park overnight! We had stayed a few days earlier at the Silver Cloud Hotel there. Should have stayed there again. The room was huge, had a fridge and mocrowave and breakfast included in the price of the room. ($149). Plus, free parking and in the northwest district within walking distance of amazing local shops and restaurants. We only stayed at Hilton because of its reputation and closeness to Lloyd center. I was afraid to genture anywhere because of the seedy neighborhood. I will NEVER stay again. What a waste of over $200 to stay in a small, cramped room with no amenities. 😠

Great location and beautiful room definitely worth the upgrade!
    • Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

If there were more restaurant choices on property and the room service menu had a bit more variety. Would also have been nice if they were up front about not being able to use the pool except for seasonally.

Our suite was spacious with beautiful views of the city and area and was right across the street from Lloyd Center and Max station. So easy to get around that once we parked we didn't need the car again until we had to go home!

Location was in convenience with the convention center and...
    • Queen Room

It was dirty and the elevators were scary and half the time were shut down.

Location was in convenience with the convention center and the mall. It was easy to find.

This was one of the best hotels I’ve stayed at, especially...

This was one of the best hotels I’ve stayed at, especially for the price! Very nice staff, clean, and convenient. Will definitely be staying here again!

This is a really nice hotel to stay in and location wise for...
    • Queen Room

This is a really nice hotel to stay in and location wise for me was perfect. I was travelling alone for a business trip and ate in the hotel most nights for convenience. I thought the food was a little below standard for this nice hotel. Not much in terms of variety and those huge portions are a little overwhelming! There didn't seem to be many healthier options to consider.

Very very poor service.
    • Queen Room

I will not stay here again.

Nothing.Poor room service, room not cleaned and had to wait 3 hrs to have the room ready. Very poor room service. Drinking glass was not clean. Did not clean my room on the 18th until after 6:00pm.

It was convenient to food, entertainment and shopping.
    • Queen Room

The room still had dust in corners and the bathroom ceiling and corners could use some TLC. The room should almost sparkle when you arrive, instead it looked like the maid service just went through daily motion of changing sheets, vacuum and quick scrub down of general areas..

It was convenient to food, entertainment and shopping.

Stay was less than desirable for the $
    • Queen Room

Room size was extremely small. No fridge in room. Room outdated and large gap under the door. Noisy. Mold and mildew in bathroom shower. Sink cracked. Fitness room just average.

Staff was really great and accommodating.

clean hotel ,good location ,excellent and friendly staff ,would stay again when in Portland!!!
    • Queen Room

room could use some updating in the bathroom .the shower area mainly .. plus our room carpet had stains .. my friend was staying in another room and her carpet was fine .

food was good in the bar/restaurant but a little pricey ..breakfast buffet was great ,everything was fresh....room was clean . Bed were comfy and clean and we were overall very happy with our choice .

Perfect location for any event at Moda Center

Large convention going on with college students and it was way too loud!!! Could hear them until very late in hallway outside our door. Not much sleep.

Perfect location for any event at Moda Center

Good For Location
    • Queen Room

The room was incredibly small compared to an average room. The bathroom tiling and shower were older as well. The leveling in flooring was a bit off with a wide gap in both the main entrance door and the bathroom door. For the price we paid you could tell you were paying for your location, not an extravagant room. It fulfilled basic needs.

The location is what sold us. About a half mile from the Moda Center and close to plenty of great shopping and restaurants. The bed was fairly comfortable and the staff were friendly. Couldn’t hear other surrounding rooms, thick walls are a plus.

On east side of the building (11th ave) it’s extremely dark...
    • Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

On east side of the building (11th ave) it’s extremely dark at night (no street lights). My family and I walked back from the mall and it was very uncomfortable walking in the dark. Please address this issue.

see above
    • Queen Room

Nicely remodeled and upgraded. Unfortunately, there is still an "insulation" problem. Hallways and rooms tend to be noisy at all hours. Too bad, as the hotel itself is very pleasant and conveniently located. We've stayed here many times, but won't be back. Hard to sleep with all the noise and conversations in the hallways!

Everyone was friendly and helpful.
    • Queen Room

They charge for wi-fi access. This should be included with a hotel of this caliber.

Everyone was friendly and helpful. They didn't mind the dog, and he loved the attention. Nice park adjacent to hotel to walk him.

Definitely not the best - average.
    • Queen Room

I don’t think we experienced this hotel on its best day. We have never stayed at a hotel that we had to pay for parking if we were guests there. Also, the queen bed seemed more like a full... curious about that. The pillows were so fluffy but so thin once you laid with them so they didn’t give any pillow like affect. We had a view of the dirty roof. We tried to get food down at the father bar at night and I ordered the Mac and Cheese to go - it took about a half hour, then it had absolutely no flavor, it just tasted like grease, barely even warm. Terrible $17 spent. In the morning, housekeeping knocked at 9am - we had our DND sign out. Then someone started hammering something in the hallway or next door but that was obnoxiously loud. And my receipt says one amount and the pending amount in bank is about $10 more. I’ll see when I clears how much and the difference. The price was very extreme for this. I’d say the total should have been $120 with all taxes and fees.

I liked the shower!

Portland DT
    • Queen Room

Room was in a wierd location, room did not have accommodation for our child even though it was the recommended room by booking.com

Staff were very helpful and the downstairs restaurant was nice. Fairly close to downtown and public transportation

Not happy at all.
    • Queen Room

The elevator for parking lot is so dirty and it has a very bad smell. The rooms are so small and inconvenient for the price paid and also the towels are not clean enough and smell like sweat.

Only location.

Good location, convenient and mall just around the corner
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I specified 5 adults when booking however when we arrived they charge extra for additional bed

Good location, convenient and mall just around the corner

Way better than the first place we booked, and definitely made our time in Portland awesome.
    • Queen Room

Wish you didn't have to pay for parking, but I understand it's in an urban area and it is typical to have to pay for parking in those situations.

Loved the breakfast burrito and that it was plenty to share with my husband.

The balcony was an awesome addition to our room.
    • Queen Room

The air conditioner didn't work. Under the bed there was tons of dust. You could see it as soon as you walk into the room. There was a pair of socks left right under the foot of the bed.

The balcony was an awesome addition to our room. The beds were comfy.

Great location for Portland events, but the building is nicer on the outside and in the common area.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room is not worth the 201 I paid. Quality was similar to a motel 6 or value inn. Shower was dirty, carpet was stained with black dye of sorts in several places.

Staff was very friendly, parking was plentiful and easy. Location, and building were great.

Not worth the price
    • Queen Room

Very small room and old building for the price. Bed and pillows are uncomfortable (too soft) . Lots of noise in the hallway.Had to pay extra for parking. Wifi connection was imposible and staff couldn't help.

Clean room and bathroom. Great location, 15 min ride to downtown.

Clean, very comfortable, but quite expensive.
    • Queen Room

There was a large group starting at the hotel at the same time as we were that made us very uncomfortable. It would be nice to know when conferences are going on so we know if the environment will be family friendly. The movies were insanely expensive, as was the food. Also, despite the entire hotel being clean, and very modern downstairs, our room seemed a little dated for the price, and smelled kind of old. Nothing particularly unpleasant, just not quite what I was expecting for the high price.

The bed was very, very comfortable. The fluffy pillows were amazing! It was very clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and gladly held our luggage for us after check out, until we were ready to go home. Check in and check out were smooth, and efficient.

Anniversary trip
    • Queen Room

The price wasn't worth it. The beds were not that comfortable. The pillows were practically non-existent because your head sank into them. The fact that you have to pay for parking is also a major negative.

Its location with relation to restaurants was awesome! Close to the downtown bars. Close to Local transportation as well.

What an epic experience for our family staying at Double Tree by Hilton, Portland!!

Nothing! 😊

Grace was amazing!!! She made our stay over the top!!! Our daughter's special needs were more than addressed and things went beyond my expectations! What a precious family memory it made staying there.

Comfortable bed.
    • Queen Room

We tried to check in ten minutes early, thinking that 4pm was late for check in anyway, only to be told that the room wasn't ready and it would take half hour to clean a room for us, which was a shame after a long flight. Would have been nice to have been offered a drink while we waited for our room. Also, the pool didn't open until late at 10am, so I couldn't have a morning swim.

Comfortable bed. Gym available 24/7 which was very helpful. Convenient location to get to from the airport, although in the business district so the area isn't great for sightseeing.

our stay was fine, not great but not bad.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I had to request a crib 4 times before it was delivered to our room. It took 9 hours for the crib to arrive and only because my husband walked down to the front desk and refused to leave without crib in hand. Also carpets were so dirty.

Staff was friendly at the restaurant. Accommodations were good, roomy.

Wonderful and pleasant stay though the price is rather steep.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Didn't like the idea that no toohbrushes/pastes, bathrobes are provided at the hotel rooms considering that hilton is an international brand.

The cookies given out at the reception was a pleasant surprise! Receptionist was friendly and willing to go the extra mile to make suggestions to improve the stay. The beds of the rooms are comfortable!

Vastly overpriced for the offering.
    • Queen Room

Rooms really old and in need of updating, wood laminates and furniture all chipped, no mini fridge, original room had been smoked in and had an old dinged up fridge sitting on its own against the wall but got to change to another floor.

Friend and I had a great mini-vacation to the city!! Dinner, hotel and a concert - was fun.

see above...

The facility was very close to the concert venue we went to. The front desk staff told us how to get to the concert via the MAX Train. It was an extra treat to ride it, and very easy directions of where to get off. The gal at the front desk was very nice and patient, considering my debit card was declined (found out later it was because of fraud protection - nice feature, I guess, but embarrassing and frustrating - not the hotel's fault, but my bank's). I was able to use another card. Most of the employees were quite nice and helpful. The waiter in the bar (we had food) could have been a little nicer, but it was busy...

We had the "Presidential Suite" - nothing exciting.
    • Presidential Suite

We had the "Presidential Suite" - nothing exciting. No microwave. No dishes in room. Self-parking cost $25 for one night. Would have expected something "extra".

Disappointing: low value for money
    • Queen Room

The hotel is overpriced: the room wasn't as clean as one would hope (for example, lots of dust on some lamps), the shower/bathroom needs renovating (for example, the shower door would not stay closed while taking a shower), the air conditioning unit was excessive compared to the room size. After paying over $300 per night one would expect more. The wifi and breakfast were not included in the room rate, and when we went to get breakfast they overcharged us for our meals (because of slow service we didn't even bother to ask for them to correct this).

The parking facilities were great and convenient, the lobby was nice. It was nice to get cookies when we checked in (by the way, the cookies were delicious).

Bad Service.
    • Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

Poor Service. Need an additional phone operator. Ordered two extra luggage stands. Had to call again after two hours. Never came. Valet car service took 15 minutes once.

Facility

When you had to prepare your bed...
    • Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

The room wasn't prepared at our arrival. We were 5 and had to prepared our own sofabed and ask for an extra bed that was in the reservation... not a good value for money at all...

fair
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub

Beds were very uncomfortable, no microwave or minifridge offered and no free water bottles. Competing hotels give complimentary bottled water. Vending machines were not accepting cash. food prices were a little high over quality.

clean, fair priced & free parking

Quiet air conditioning and lovely soft bed plus desk to work...
    • Queen Room

just a little confusion at check in finding my booking - but lovely biscuits on arrival made up for that

Quiet air conditioning and lovely soft bed plus desk to work at

Overrated
    • Queen Room

Our room looked as if it hadn't been used for a while. A lamp was unplugged and had no way of being plugged in. The a/c didn't work well ... the room was warm and stuffy even when the a/c was set at 68 degrees.

Location was good.

One night is enough.
    • Queen Room

Cleanliness wasn't really good. There is really no threshold on the doors and there is a large gap between the floor and the door. Consequently, even moderate conversation can be heard from hallways and other rooms.

Concierge was helpful

High quality, affordable and easy.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower

The roll in shower is better left to those who need the accessibility. It was outfitted well as such. But for those of us who don't need that sort of assistance, it became an issue of wet tile floors and not enough towels to sop up spray.

Comfortable room. Good food. City Park across the street. Professional desk staff. Lite rail very near.

Convenient for a quick trip to Portland
    • Queen Room

The decor felt a little dated, and our room was small. Just right for two people I suppose, but not a lot of room for our things, especially since we did some shopping while there. I was also disappointed there wasn't a refrigerator in our room, and the vendor machine was out of order on our floor during our stay. Valet for the car was a little expensive at $35. But could've been worse.

Bed was incredibly clean, loved the deck view. Got a free warm cookie when we we checked in, and the valet was super helpful in bringing our bags to our room. The lobby certainly had a lot of amenities, including infused ice waters which was really nice because it was so hot out.

Great place to stay! Bad place to park.
    • Queen Room

The cost of parking for ONE night. $25! TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS! That's insane. What kind of nut job came up with that brilliant idea!? Talk about planting the seed of this Hotel is a ripoff. Fire them. Seriously. They clearly have no clue about the psychology of their clients

The look of the interior

Portland stay.
    • Queen Room

Position, excellent staff and customer service. Problem with room and they sorted it immediately. Engineering staff a credit to the hotel. Bed comfortable, walk in shower good water pressure. Close to street car station and shopping mall. Safe area.lovely park nearby.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Very Average in Portland, Oregon

Rooms need a good cleaning. Our Bathroom tile was filthy. Stains on carpet. Overall, room shabby. TV was old, difficult to tune.

Food was good. All staff were very very nice and helpful. Bed was comfortable. Public areas were nice

Slightly confusing description included, "Staff will...
    • Queen Room

Slightly confusing description included, "Staff will add $20.00 for breakfast," but breakfast only $18.00 and was not automatically added to bill.

Expensive room with mold in the shower and few amendities in the room.
    • Queen Room

There should have been a night stand on both sides of the bed. For the money spent on the room it should have had a micro wave and a small refrigerator. The most disturbing thing was that there was mold in the shower by the shower door.

The property was convenient to the Moda Center.

Not worth the cost; I'll never book here again. Many other choices in better parts of town.
    • Queen Room

Pool was under construction, and no hot tub. No refrigerators in rooms or hair dryers. Shower didn't drain and rooms were tiny. Splattering on headboard and sink cabinet. 3 full trays of left over food sat in our hallway from 11am until at least 6:30pm along with carts and sheets all over the hallway. Parking is $25 per night and breakfast is $18; Double Tree doesn't give you any breaks for the already outrageous price you pay to stay in a mediocre part of town.

Bed was comfy and rooms were relatively quiet.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

This felt more like a motel than a hotel.
    • Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

This felt more like a motel than a hotel. My shower didn't work properly, neither did the thermostat for adjusting the temperature (it was set at 76 degrees fahrenheit, so I had to open the windows...) The location is in the middle of nowhere, although it is easy to get to on the metro line from the airport.