Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Princeton 3 stars

4355 US Route 1, Princeton, NJ 08540, USA

#12 of 17 hotels in Princeton

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

We had them to bring up a microwave which looked like it needed to be thrown away and the fridge had mold in it. There was no compensation for bring us a moldy fridge, the housekeeper she was really nice and cleaned the other fridge out really well but that looked old as well. The photo is of the second fridge

The location, the cookies and some of the staff

Too expensive...folks paid less for three night than I paid for two nights for exact same time frame. Consider providing me a refund of some sort. 200?

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

calling reservations where you could barely hear what the person was saying, it was SO loud in the background and it gave me no confidence that the reservation was done properly. i called back 3 times to confirm bc i was nervous

the people at the front desk were very helpful!!

• Queen Room - Disability Access Roll in Shower/Non-Smoking

The fridge had been removed from the room. The room had a walk-in shower but the water went all over the floor. The hairdryer was sticky to the touch. We needed more towels. Two persons need four bath sheets not two.

Room was big, clean, and nicely decorated. I was greeted politely upon arrival and checkout. Restaurant food was nicely served.

• Queen Room - Disability Access Roll in Shower/Non-Smoking

We arrived at 4am. Had messaged the hotel via Booking app to let them know our flight was seriously delayed but they had put us down as a "no-show"! If it wasn't for the gentleman at the desk, who over ruled his colleague, and sorted us out we would have had to pay for another night! Not good after we had prepaid.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

I felt the meal prices were high, and that there should have been a free breakfast, I paid $129. a night for a room.

The new dining room is lovely, great bartender and waiters. The food was OK, but very over priced. The desk staff were great, so accommodating and friendly.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The hotel didn't have my booking. The front desk staff were unhelpful. Service in the restaurant was slow - 1 hour to deliver a house salad - and the restaurant staff were unhelpful and didn't know the menu. There is no alternative but to eat in the hotel and the given the above this was frustrating. The 'business centre' is a desk and computer in the lobby - not private.

Nothing in particular

The hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly and very helpful with any of our needs. The restaurant and bar staff were very satisfying during our stay.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Can't think of anything I didn't like about the property.

Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted with a smile and chocolate chip walnut cookie (one of my faves) for each of us. Everything we requested was quickly brought to our rooms. The beds were clean and extremely comfortable. The bathroom was clean and water was nice and hot. Loved that I could adjust the temp in my room to my comfort.

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Very good breakfast, and it was very helpful to let me check in early in the morning. Not far from the Princeton campus but their shuttle bus only works during late afternoon.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

I arrived back to my room after being out all day. I discovered 2 sets of lube covered handprints on my window. Clearly someone had sexual relations in my room. I was disgusted. I was dissatisfied with how this was handled by management. A treat bag and free appetizer did not pacify me. I felt violated. I banned anyone from entering my room for the remainder if my stay. Each day I was almost harrassed by staff to allow my room to be cleaned.

The evening shuttle driver and the bartender were very nice and helpful.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I had to call to get a shower cap. A staff person was very quick to bring one to me, but I prefer having one available in the room.

Very speedy check-in

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Never really have issues, I've stated here twice now with nary a complaint to make. Truly a positive experience.

Plenty of parking, nice bar and restaurant, rooms are always clean and well kept.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

That there was no refrigerator or microwave. Diner was really pricey.

The staff is Amazing! Pool was indoor & heated.Entrance is BEAUTIFUL. Was able to get its in short notice.

• Queen Room - Disability Access Roll in Shower/Non-Smoking

the price of the food - I know we were in Princeton - I get that - and the portion was large - I would prefer a smaller portion with a smaller price - but at least it was delicious

The bed was like sleeping on a cloud - the room was able to be made quite dark helping with sleep - the food was delicious - all of it - the swimming pool was enjoyable and fun. Bathroom shower was always nice and warm with great flow

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I'm not going to lie - the food was good, but pricey - I understand I was in a Hilton, and I understand I was in Princeton, but I come from Lancaster County, PA - and the prices were just high - but the food was good so - it didn't hurt as much

The bed really was like a cloud - The shower was like a spa - the food portions were huge - my waitress was so nice and friendly as was the host - wonderful experience - Also - I would consider staying at a Hilton property again, it was just easy and the work we had to do was very stressful - so returning to this property helped!!

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Nothing was working. The pool and workout room was out of order. The ice machine on our floor was broken. The room did not match the advertisement. There was dirty dishes left in the hallway for 2 days. The heating system was out during our stay so the hallways were freezing.

I liked the location and the hotel is very kid friendly. The front desk staff was friendly and welcoming.

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

When checking out the rate I was quoted and the rate that they charged weren't the same. It was about $60.00 more. But they fixed it immediately.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

No ice machine on 1st floor. No ice in ice machine on 2nd floor. No water available at front desk area, had to use vending machine on 3rd floor. Just a lot of running around for very basic things. Check in was awkward, someone else was checking in, however, the other staff member ignored us for several minutes before offering to help.

Pillows were excellent!

Poor breakfast nothing to do with a 4-star hotel, and the was a bit noisy

Very comfortable bed and the staff really helpful, the room was very clean and spacious

When asked,said windows dirty - staff promised to attend to it,didn't happen/would have liked a normal restaurant

Large,comfortable well equipped ensuite room./Helpful staff/Good bar-grill/good swimming pool,well-heated/Easy location/Regular and efficient cleaning

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We had a spot light out of the building and because of the poor quality of the curtain, the light was reflecting in the miror and in my face all night. Also the AC was doing a very bad noise which didn't let me sleep properly.

The room size the bed and staff.

The people from reservations were very polite and helpful. We had booked a different hotel in the area and fortunately one of our friends called. Our reservation had been canceled with no notice to us. Doubletree was very kind in accommodating our group who needed 5 rooms at the last minute. While the hotel was very busy with soccer teams and wedding groups, all 5 of our rooms were on one of the upper floors allowing for quiet and a good sleep!

• Queen Accessible Room- Non-Smoking

I did not have a refrigerator for the entire stay. This is incredible. Internet was not that great. I had to pay to get a fast connection. A disgusting smell of some kind of food on the entire floor as I get there. And, unbelievable, they did not want give me a receipt of my staying because they said that it is confidential because I made reservation thru booking.com No words!!!

The room was clean.

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

There were several large and quite noisy groups, for short stays, and little effort was made to make individual and longer term guests feel comfortable. We were on the executive floor and there were a couple of occasions where there were very noisy unsupervised children racing around.

Cookies on arrival are a lovely touch.

• Queen Accessible Room- Non-Smoking

There were amenities that just didn't work. The washer was not working and the laundry service was not same day so on Saturday am I couldn't get clothes pressed for Monday. Also, the walls were thin.

Staff was very friendly and they made all the difference in my stay. The room was lacking in amenities I would have like, a mini bar, and the room service menu was limtednbut the room service staff made up for that. Also, room was cleaned quickly, even when next I was in the room until mid afternoon. Great coffee

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff were friendly and nice. The breakfast was good and convenient. If you ask they will make eggs for you. We stayed in an executive suite which was very comfortable. The next time we are visiting family this will be our go to place.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The WiFi was so hard to get no reception in some places no microwave we had to ask the front desk for a refrigerator the hairdryer was dirty there was hair in the bathtub.

The beds and the pool and the breakfast and the staff that works here.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The hotel was wonderful and easy for the family. Unfortunately, the room next to us was very loud and kept my children awake later than I would have liked.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

When parking there were heaps of trash around the side and rear of the building. It was gross. The staff did accommodate my request for a refrigerator which I greatly appreciated.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The restaurant manager the morning we left was unfit to be a manager. In the breakfast area she was talking poorly about employees and [who I think] was a customer. She was completely unacceptable.

The staff went above and beyond to help me with any questions and issues I had. The PM manager Mackenzie (spelling?) is PHENOMENAL!! Everyone we encountered at the front desk was pleasant, presentable, and professional.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Room was not cleaned on the first day, had to call the front desk on returning to the hotel at 6pm. Wet/damp towels not refreshed/replaced. My room was at the front of the hotel and there was a lot of road noise. Go for a room facing the back.

Thought that the value for money was excellent. The room was spotless and had everything I needed, apart from a fridge ! Plentiful and safe car parking available.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

1. Woman checking me in was nice but somewhat clueless. Didn't give me wifi password. Gave me incorrect information regarding lounge on 6th floor (told me I could use it although it turned out to be closed on weekend) 2, My executive king room didn't have a mini-refrigerator although the hotel did offer to bring one up.

1. Bed was very comfortable and the room was spotless 2. Breakfast buffet was very good. 3. Gym was more than adequate

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The queen beds are not as comfortable as the king. The A/C is noisy. The hotel could use a little sprucing up.

Location, free wi=fi and adequate free parking.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Pool looked like it needed cleaning Sides of pool dirty. Carpet being installed while we were there made for cautious walking

Staff very pleasant and helpful

• One King Bed Two Room Executive Suite

Only thing I could say is that during the breakfast, the coffee and hot water was running out very quickly.

I really enjoyed the excellent service provided by your front of house staff, specifically Vincent! He was very accommodating, helpful, and friendly and that was much appreciated!

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

* They couldn't find my booking with my booking.com confirmation number. * They never answered to my early check in request. * My room was not ready even at 3 PM. *They gave us another room but later when we checked our credit card we saw that they charged me a total of three times in the next day!! but refunded it on the day after day. * Need renovation....

Friendly staff - location

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The Double Tree Hotel has a quite old look, despite the fact the pictures in Booking do not evidence it. There was an indication in the elevator that due to construction of the restaurant; the alternative for breakfast was a small room on 6th floor with few tables and chairs for people to seat on. The food options were very poor, there were no ceramic cups to have coffee or tea (paper cups) and the cleanliness of the tables was very bad. Although the Staff was friendly and the location acceptable, this is definitely a property I do not recommend.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The property is undergoing some needed renovations so areas are still a bit shabby. The restaurant was largely unavailable but room service breakfast was fine.

The staff was friendly and my suite was large, comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

No refrigerator in the room. Had to order one, I did not know that I had to order one.

Did not have to struggle with getting the shower water turned on. Easy to figure out!!!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

No real challenges overall. Would be good to have breakfast included into the price as that allows for a slightly more affordable stay.

Overall a good place and accessible which makes it very convenient. Clean, comfortable and presentable.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

There was a crack in the bathroom sink, the restaurant was open only 5-10 and no bar, the pool area was freezing, there were 30 small children in the pool at 10pm, wouldn't use, staff never told us about shuttle

liked the warm cookies

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Staff was awesome the gentleman who checked me in at night, were very helpful. When I checked out in the morning the young women behind the desk was very pleasant and extremely helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

There was a party renting the hall next to the registration/check in desk (? Amish, Orthodox Jewish based on the attire). It was clearly out of control, doors to the hall were left open and it was super loud as we were trying to check in. We arrived at 10:30pm, exhausted after a very long drive. There were young kids sleeping alone on chairs and couches in the lobby without supervision. Food, cups and popcorn was spilled all over the floor of the lobby left there with multiple staff seen ignoring it. Absolutely unclean first floor. Very bad impression for other customers checking in, our

The bed was extremely comfortable, room was clean but freezing when we got there ( heat set at 66). the breakfast staff was super friendly (they even offered to make us fried eggs because the scrambled were at the bottom of the pan).

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Location is on busy route 1 - heavy traffic in morning and evening. Quality breakfast was disappointing. Breakfast room dark, outdated and uninviting.

Rooms are spacious and clean. Staff are friendly and helpful. Close to beautiful town of Princeton.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Ice machine on the fifth floor was broken, but in no way a problem. Everything else worked just fine

The staff was very accommodating, helpful and friendly. Annette who helped us in the restaurant made our day and our visit. She went over board with every little detail. The staff during check in and check out was very professional and accommodating. This will ensure that we will stay here again during our next visit. All that I could ask for in a hotel, all aspects were excellent.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

NA

The staff were very friendly. The room was available early and everything was very clean. I needed extra and sheets, those times were delivered immediately. :)

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

So clean and the beds were very comfortable. We liked feeling like we were in a new hotel since there is new carpet and updates. The pool was warm and great for the kids to have after a long trip.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The carpet in the hall on my floor was being replaced causing extreme fumes and chemical smell. I had to put a towel at the bottom of the door. I asked to change rooms and they did not have any. I have an allergy to the new carpet fumes and I was sick the entire time with no option to move to another floor. Ran the air conditioner at 65 to keep the fumes down. When I told them it should have been listed on the site, they said it was, but I found no information about construction on this site. I left my room service menu on the door as instructed and waited for delivery in the morning... but the menu was still hanging on the door. They did send breakfast complimentary when I called, so that was nice. The cabinet that would hold a refrigerator was empty, and no microwave in the room. I didn't check before booking because I could see the cabinet in the picture...my fault. I could hear the toilet flush in the room next door, which was oddly loud enough to wake me up every time. This means they probably heard mine too, sorry!

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff at the front desk were not friendly upon check in, they forgot my breakfast voucher, they gave me the wrong room (I asked for a king and they gave me a double queen). The manager of the dining room for breakfast wasn't very friendly. One of the towels in the bathroom had a pubic hair on it.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The faucet for the sink and the tub need washers replaced, they leak. The room was outdated and dingy. The TV was so old you had to wait for the channel list to scroll through to see all the options. Is is the 90s? The restaurant looks like an old strip club since it is run down and has no windows. Poor ambiance.

The room was clean.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Staff at check in were not very helpful. The rooms that I booked were not what we actually received when we arrived. Check-in took a very long time and we arrived late in the day so we were quite tired from our trip.

The breakfast in the dining room was delicious & fresh. The servers were over worked, but they did a great job!

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Queen Accessible Room- Non-Smoking

I'm not sure I did better on the price booking with booking.com instead of going directly through Hilton, especially because I was told on check-in I would not get Hilton Honors points for the stay because I went thru booking.com. That was disappointing but the hotel & stay was great. It was hard to find a place to eat after 9 p.m.

Gave us a Hilton Honors room we liked with no problem that was clean and nicely appointed. Also the cookie at check-in at Doubletrees are always a nice touch.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Queen Accessible Room- Non-Smoking

I often stay at the Hilton Doubletree in Northbrook, IL, so I felt confident when I booked this Doubletree. Huge mistake! The staff was not helpful in the least. They could not answer even my most basic questions. The restaurant was dirty, slow, and the food was poor quality. The room was tiny and unclean.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

renovation was going on in the executive level during our check-in. Doors to many rooms that were getting new carpeting were open. However when we returned in the evening from visiting my relatives the doors were close and no one could tell that renovations were ongoing.

The location is perfect and their amenities just right for a family to stay overnight. The facilities included a Business Center, Exclusive lounge/breakfast area in the executive level (6th floor), their is a small convenience nook in the lobby, a small exercise room with ellipticals, and free weights, an indoor pool and attached restaurant/bar.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The restaurant hours were too limited after breakfast.

Bed was very comfortable and allergy free.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The aircon was very loud and kept me awake during the night.

Friendly staff!

• Queen Accessible Room- Non-Smoking

Bed, pillows, Tv, no fridge and no microwave.fair

Bar and foodbrd

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The location was good. I loved the warm cookies at night.

Pool was kind of dirty.

The staff was extremely helpful.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

I couldn't find the ice maker

The bed was great, the TV was nice, the location was perfect

Location not convenient

Smell, old, noise

Clean

Great staff

• One King Bed Two Room Executive Suite

The sun tanning area next to the pool was Infested with ticks wasps and bees

The comfy bed and pillows

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Loving the cookies... and the staff were super nice and polite!

the hotel was dated

the location

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Coffee maker in room. Had to discard drink.

Comfy bed. Friendly & helpful staff. Yummy cookies. Good breakfast.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The hotel needs a facelift

Excellent staff

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Decent gym, good restaurant, clean rooms, friendly staff, complimentary shuttle bus service

• Queen Room - Disability Access Roll in Shower/Non-Smoking

was expecting a small continental breakfast, but due to the event going on there was only full-service breakfast.

All is good.

We love everything about this hotel. The staff are wonderful.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

SO clean, quick and painless check in and out and so inexpensive

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Our stay was very pleasant we only book it so we could use the pool we lots of fun my kids love it

Browse DoubleTree by Hilton Princeton traveller photo gallery