Reviews of DoubleTree By Hilton Sacramento 3 stars

2001 Point West Way, Sacramento, CA 95815, USA

#41 of 82 hotels in Sacramento

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Good location. Pricey for what you get.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Rooms a little dated. Watchout for curbs with a metal ring in the center. Ripped the front bumper off my car, now going through the insurence procedure.

Location and enterence.. great lobby

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Excellent staff, front desk & engineering.
    • Queen Room

Excellent staff, front desk & engineering. Had a bad lamp in the room replaced in 30 minutes. Room comfortable & quiet even though on ground floor parking lot side.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non- Smoking

The main purpose for booking this hotel was the hot tub. When we arrived we were then informed the hot tub was closed. Very disappointed considering this was our main reason for choosing this location.

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Awesome location for a HL conference
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The only small thing was that the person staying above our room location was walking back and forth so much, I had to call the front desk to take a look at this, I’d figure many people do not realize they are stepping over another room when someone is staying there. The walls and ceilings were thin, you could hear everything.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, checking up on us to see if everything was all right. The beds were totally comfortable.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Hotel Has turned into crap, at least the Folsom wing has and the front desk people.

everything except location. Walked in room, crumbs on bed, didn't change pillow cases, had a really stale smell in the room. Bathroom was half ass cleaned, front desk staff was dry, no enthusiasm. I've stayed at this hotel 5 times this year and this time is my last. They authorized my card twice. i will never go back to this location ever. The folsom wing sucks .

I liked the location

Location for business was good.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room smelled like damp clothes. Could NEVER get my room key to work parking access. No bath soap provided. I was in a handicapped accessible room which I didn’t request and in the back of the property; the hotel was not full so don’t know why I was placed all the way in the back. I ordered room service and requested ice - which I didn’t get. Having no luggage racks meant I did four trips with work and suitcases.

Location for business was good.

The front desk was great, both checking in and out.

The pool was a bit cold, but the Jacuzzi made up for it.

The front desk was great, both checking in and out. The rooms are very spacious. Lots of parking, the sport bar was inviting.

Size.
    • Queen Room

Dated... mildew smell in certain areas. This hotel is big enough to renovate in sections. No breakfast

Size. Pool and bar we're very accommodating.

Fair facility with a nice staff.

The room smelled like cigarettes, the window treatments lacked sheer privacy curtains, the bathroom tub had no running water.

The location was good. The staff was nice. The kids had fun at the pool and hot tub.

great place, close to raging Waters and state Fair

We liked everything

Breakfast was wonderful. We had the buffet. All staff was very nice. Constant Shuttle to the fair parking and saved back money and time

People were allowed to smoke in the pool area even though...

People were allowed to smoke in the pool area even though children were around. When I asked if that was ok, the staff member told me that as long as the guest was away 15ft from the door they can smoke inside pool area. I mean basically sitting in there next to kids smoking while families try to swim. Not outside or close to the pool. I mean literally inside the pool. I did not appreciate that at all.

• Queen Room

For the price that I paid I expected a refrigerator, microwave etc it was over pricey to have nothing in the room, the bathroom didn't have a fan which made it super hot in there after taking a shower I immediately started sweating from the heat

• Two-Bedroom Suite

They did maintenance on the pool during a holiday weekend so it was slow. Also took forever at the reservation counter, front desk. A breakfast with super expensive wasn’t even that good. It was super warm in the hotel and smells like pot. I would definitely recommend the other Hilton on the other side of the road.

Location to Haggin Oaks excellent. Breakfast terrible.
    • Queen Room

Room service breakfast left much to be desired.

I was VERY disappointed with room service breakfast. Coffee lukewarm. Asked for another carafe...it too was warm. The coffee in the room was hotter. The strawberries were old.

Dark and Dreary hotel in need of renovation.

the family suite room 4001 was dark and dreary. There isn't even a shear curtain to open your blinds for light in the morning without someone parked with their car in front of your window to gaze in your room. Had to ask for them to clean room a couple of times because it was skipped. Gym is small. Hotel needs a renovation

the food at Twigs

Bed was comfortable

No fridge/microwave in room. Had to have “the engineer “ come to the room to get the shower to work. This was a mid grade property at best.

Bed was comfortable

Good
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Place was great only bad think was that parking was extra charge usually it’s included with room

Definitely will stay here again if needed
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I booked this stay for a surgery I had. My husband and I live 3 hours north and needed to stay in town. When we checked in my wonderful receptionist spoke to the manager and was able to grant me late check out since my doctors appointment the day after surgery wasn’t until late afternoon. The day of check out we were practically harassed to vacate the room. No one had written on my chart we were offered late check out. That was very frustrating!!!

Room was great and easily accessible. Beautiful facility loved the layout. Bed was very comfortable and linens were nice. I loved that we had a balcony and could get fresh air!! All staff was very nice when passing in hallways and at desk. Sports bar was fun to relax in.

I would rate this place way better but there was an issue...
    • Queen Room

Checked out same night. Made it uncomfortable.

I would rate this place way better but there was an issue I'd rather not mention. Outside of that it would be very nice.

• Queen Room

The room looked like it was set up and decorated in 1985, carpet and curtains very outdated. The walls had splash liquid stains that looked like it just needs washed. The bathroom shower was so gross and had mildew and the shower head had so much corrosion I did not shower there. The shower curtain had cobwebs on it.

Spacious room

We had ordered a bottle of room from room service for a friend as a congratulations we wanted to be put in the room while we were away as a surprise . We wanted it in the room when we came back specifically said to room service and front desk staff . Bottle was never delivered and heart breaking to walk into because that was our congratulations and our card got charged for the bottle . We will not be returning .

Spacious room

I stayed here many times before Hilton bought the hotel. It wasn't as nice as I remembered.
    • Queen Room

I had to pay for parking, $8 and I had to pay a 15% deposit at check in which was not mention at the time of booking. Parking entry was not enforced and anyone can have parked there.

It was close to where I wanted to stay. I got a free warm cookie.

Room was over priced for our very unsatisfactory stay

The room assigned to us obviously had a pluming problem before we arrived. Every time the toilet was used, it had to be plunged. It was very clear to us there was a problem prior to our stay.

We will not likely stay here again. Too far from downtown , airport , and my daughter whom I can to

They gave me a different price than booking.com which I tried to rectify with both facility and booking.com. Dog barked over 1.5 hours on my floor. The towels were dingy, facility okd, no fridge, no one answered the front desk phone.

The bed was comfortable.

This was a large facility.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Website pics showed a common kitchen area, but there is none. It needs many light upgrades and finishing touches, doors to be painted etc.

This was a large facility. The windows and floor plan create a very airy and relaxing atmosphere. The staff is friendly and prompt. Cookies are a nice touch.

Beautiful grounds

The hot tub was wonderful, however it is in full sun most of the day. It would be terrific if some kind of shade (sail-shades like those used in Australia) could be installed.

Gorgeous garden setting, serene & quiet, patios facing garden, pretty pool area, nice big lobby, shuttle service, business center computers & printer.

Great time! We will be back!

They had a very large wedding going on that Saturday night...... our room was right across the grass area, so it kept us up with the music. They did comp us a beautiful beautiful Breakfast! It well made up for the noise. Not a big deal (it was the weekend too)

Staff was very helpful and nice. It was the state fair so it was busy, but they did a good job taking care of everyone! The man the drove the shuttle was absolutely wonderful!!!! So nice to not drive and park!!!

A very good place. Would recommend it.

No drinking water available.......only in machines and although it said you can use coins, we tried 3 machines and none of them would accept them. Also told on reception that the swimming pool was closed for maintenance 13th to 15th August.......no problem with this but later found out that it didn't close until 8-00 pm on the 13th, so disappointed not to be able to use it.

Cleanliness and layout of the complex. Bedroom fine. A/C fine

State Fair visit

Two towels are not sufficient for a room this size. First day, had coffee and all the "fixins" but 2nd day, nothing was replinished nor was the soap and other toiletries. Upon checkout, the counter person gave the impression they wouldn't do any more than absolutely necessary because we booked with Booking.com instead of going to them direct.

Great location and friendly, helpful staff mostly.

We stayed at this hotel because it was very close location...
    • Queen Room

Cleanliness of our room was just ok. Bathroom wasn't cleaned thoroughly (hair on the counter and floor from previous guests I am presuming and toilet bowl had ring stains). We had to ask for shampoo because none provided. No in room safe and mini fridge. $8 charge per day for parking. One elevator located in the middle of the hotel. ********A female housekeeper knocked, then opened our door even though we had a "Do not disturb" sign hanging on the doorknob. It was 11pm and we were getting ready for bed. I have NEVER seen housekeeping clean any hotel rooms that late at night. At 1am the same night, a male housekeeper knocked on our door asking us if we ordered a blanket. We brought this to the attention of the front desk********

We stayed at this hotel because it was very close location to the Sacramento State Fair. They provide a free shuttle to and from the Fair. Liked that they had a Starbucks in the lobby which makes up for the bad tasting free coffee in the room. Nice sports bar to hang out in. Swimming pool and hot tub area not crowded which was nice. Nice landscaping around the whole property. Super cute patio area with hanging lights and lanterns and a babbling brook next to it. Shopping mall just across the street. A few restaurants just walking distance. Ample parking for hotel guests but may not be enough if they have a big event. Most of the staff were friendly and very helpful.

Staff was great everywhere we went within the facility.

Room was a little beat up. Shower stall appeared to have patched up repairs and the vent was very dirty/dusty. Doors and fixtures had a good amount of wear on them. The bed was at best a mid range queen, something you would buy a preteen. Also had 2 queen beds instead of 1 king which I believe I ordered. I did ask if we could check in early (2pm vs. 4pm) but did not think that was going to change the room class.

Staff was great everywhere we went within the facility. Location from the freeway was very easy to access and only 15 min from most places in the sacramento metro area.

Fair borderline poor.
    • Queen Room

The A/C in the room didn't work well. I turned it down to 62 and the room was still warm and stuffy. The hallways are stairways were extremely hot. No A/C at all. Not good for my Fibromyalgia and climbing 3 flights of stairs. I said I preferred a lower level when I booked the room. The registration assistant was nice but she circled on the map the wrong floor. The railing on our deck was covered in bird poop and that's not healthy. We noticed all the other decks were cleaned. There was a broken sprinkler water pipe shooting up water right in front of the ramp to the rear entrance door. I was not impressed at all.

Definitely best place in town

My room was at the end of the hotel which is designed like spokes of a wheel. Without luggage, I walked it in 3-4 minutes. But pulling two suitcases then using the elevator made the walk feel longer. I would have preferred being in a room closer to the pool and gym. The bedroom was clean, bed & linens were great, hand lotion...just fine and it had a refrigerator but furnishings, rug, felt old, not refreshed.

My food was excellent in the restaurant. Location is across the street from The Arden Mall if I needed anything or a place to walk. Uber & Lyft picked me up within minutes. The hotel has everything - a coffee/tea bar, gift shop, fruited water station, and I got the classic warm cookie upon arrival. Most importantly, I felt safe there.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Convenient location. Near restaurants and mall
    • Queen Room

A/C didn't work real well... room too warm. Also the night lights on the switches were too bright for tiny room and kept me awake

Able to accommodate large groups of people in restaurant. Ice water always available. Staff friendly and gelpful

Disappointing second stay....

So I have stayed there before with Rave reviews...this time not so much :( The bed I slept in was a bit lumpy and my back was killing me in the morning. Couldn't find the hairdryer initially (it was in a black back stored way in the back of a super dark cubby. Our tv wouldn't turn on, had to have a guy come get it fixed.......and the most disappointing thing....the cookies we LOVE so much were hard and old.... :( I know petty but man l love those cookies and will choose that hotel over an same price one just for that! lol!

The location is great. Right off the highway, by a great mall, with many restaurant options. Rooms are basic but nice. It is an older hotel but clean.

I love the nice comfy bed, the rooms are nice and love the...

The microwave in the room didn't work as it should. We had to keep hitting start for it to go 30 seconds as the rest of the buttons didn't work

I love the nice comfy bed, the rooms are nice and love the balcony as well as all the mirrors in the room were perfect for all us girls getting ready :) It was also very convenient to have the bar, restaurant and gift shop. The pool is beautiful and a nice place to hangout and relax

We will use your hotel every time

I sat in lobby drinking my coffee and people watched for 2 mornings. I don't know the gentlemans name, works the lobby restaurant area, maybe manager, but he was awesome. It was very busy with a wedding group and Shriners. People were asking to be seated in lobby area and he found space and servers for everyone. He was helping with all the staff and whatever needed to be done. All the staff was friendly and helpful. Loved it

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Joseph at the front desk was great

The facility is rundown, window were filthy. Maybe 5 yrs ago it was a top three-star hotel, but With half the staff it once had that's not possible.

Joseph at the front desk was great

Decent hotel in a great location.

Checking in queue wait time was very long.

The self-parking at the hotel was very accommodating. There is parking available in each wing of the hotel property.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Nice people.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Grubby facility especially for the price and location. Very over priced. Housekeeping left room service tray in room Dirtiest most run down Hilton double tree I have stayed at. No info on Wi-Fi given in room

Nice people. Room service and front desk were very helpful

Just to big

It's a very busy part of Sacramento. Hard to get into and back out on the road. It takes one day just to learn your way around the hotel. When arriving by car it is hard to get your suitcases or equipment to room.

Everything you could ask for...

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Room was spacious
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We had a handicap accessible room, so bathroom was handicap equipped and uncomfortable. Our room was near exit door to go outside and stairwell was near. My 10 year old got to experience watching an adult couple being very intimate under stairwell. They didn't stop as she stood there trying to get my attention to point it out. Very inappropriate.

Room was spacious

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Great location for the Premier Designs Regional Rally!

My friend had her car broken during the rally, and I feel so awful for her. I felt very safe, but sad to hear about this before she had to drive back to NV.

I went for my 2nd year attending the Premier Designs rally. The staff was courteous, food was great, and it went off without a hitch. Can't wait for next year. Convenient to the mall, restaurants and shops.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Doesn't live up to Hilton Name

No towel hooks or rack in bath. No refrigerator. Had to pay to park. Needs sprucing up. Seats in restaurant worn out. Had wheel chair room and floors in bath area black from wheelchairs. Carpet ripped at front door. Slider door when shut leaked in cold air you could really feel the draft. Way too much money for this hotel.

Starbucks

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Walking distance to Cal Expo, clean, quiet, comfortable beds.

Stingy on towels and coffee in the room. Only one serving of coffee for a room that sleeps 4.

Walking distance to Cal Expo, clean, quiet, comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

The bed was comfy.

The room wasn't clean. Shower was black on bottom. Floors were dirty.

The bed was comfy...breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

food was good.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

there was a cock roach in the room. pillows not comfortable

food was good...

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

The bed was amazing.

The bed was amazing. The bathroom was spotless.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

No buffet

No buffet

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Nice staff.
    • Queen Room

I really didn’t like paying for parking. I felt nickled and dimed.

Nice staff. Great bartender.

staff was nice
    • Queen Room

bed was sad . poor pillows . had to pay for parking WOW REALLY sad !!!!!!!!!!

staff was nice

Close proximity to the mall

Not modern enough

Close proximity to the mall

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Delightful full service hotel with many pluses

Surprised by shuttle to concert and back. Really convent.

The hotel was beautiful, great staff, great location.

The room was a little over priced

The hotel was beautiful, great staff, great location...

Great staff.

Great staff. Felt safe and very confortable.

Come for the room, stay for the cookies!

I feel the check in time is too late, 4pm

Come for the clean and comfortable rooms, stay for the cookies! I even ordered a tin online.

Great room and very friendly staff.
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non Smoking

Great room and very friendly staff. Cookies were a nice touch. I would definitely stay there again.

$10.00 per day for parking? Include that when you are...

$10.00 per day for parking? Include that when you are comparison shopping.

Near the mall

A very long walk to the rooms

Near the mall

It's close location to Arden Mall.

Spacious, sprawling

It's close location to Arden Mall.

Clean room nice view cozy would definitely return for another night or two.
    • Queen Room

The television could have better or more channels to watch.

Love the cookies they give you at the front desk when you check in.

Very nice and comfortable from where I initially started at.

The exercise facilities were nice, beds comfortable, area very accessible.

Not free breakfast!

Not free breakfast! The buffet was too expensive for the food they had.

Overall a very pleasant stay and facilities.
    • Queen Room

the bed had a little sag to it. Would have been great for 1 person, for 2, not so much.

Nice treat to get cookies when we checked in.

• Queen Room

I would never stay here again.

Our bathroom was infested with ants or some sort of bug. All over the shower curtain, bathtub, towels.

The bed was comfy

Sub par motel 6 us about the same

They did not have as advertised a pool below average room .no water pressure

The free cookies
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Our room was dirty , the key to get inside the Folsom building didn’t work!!!

The free cookies

Good place to be away from home!
    • Queen Room

I can’t think of right now.

Elegance of the facility is appreciated.

Dirty cups on 3 occasions

Dirty cups on 3 occasions Over perfumed clean drinking glass Shower really hard to turn on

It's been 30 years sense last visit. Just as nice now as then!

Clean

Short
    • Queen Room

Room is very small for the price

Decent
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Coffees not so good, pillows too small

Pleasant overall

Check in. The suite was not ready upon check in and they had me wait 45 minutes. I left the hotel and came back later.

Our suite

Moving cross country so looking for convenient hotels after long days drive. Very comfortable beds.

Too big. Far walk to lobby

Restaurant very nice