Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton San Antonio Airport 3 stars

37 Northeast Loop 410 (at McCullough), San Antonio, TX 78216, USA

#117 of 312 hotels in San Antonio

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

It was an ok visit.

There were ants all over my cookie when I set it down on the nightstand. The room was humid. The room service food was not tasty. People around us were very loud.

The location and the staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Bugs crawling in your bed is truly Disgusting!
    • Double Room with View

The first room we were put in smelled musky and moldy. The second room had bed bugs on the pillows and on comforter. The third room had bed bugs on the comforters as well. It was so gross and extremely embarrassing to me as I previously spoke highly about this hotel due to my previous stay. Moving was a huge inconvenience as we had a lot of luggage. After three moves the manager decided to remove room charges, but I feel like more could've been done.

The staff at front desk and in restaurant were nice. I appreciated the manager texting me to see how I was enjoying my stay.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

It’s in a great location of the city the customer service...

They don’t have a complementary water bottle in the room

It’s in a great location of the city the customer service there is outstanding very polite staff

Did not meet my expectations at all for a "Hilton" hotel.

The bed was very uncomfortable, the air didn't cool the room off like it should. The drain in the bathroom sink kept clogging up and water would not drain. The only sink that was in the room was the bathroom sink by the toilet, no other sink outside of bathroom. There was no microwave . The outlets by the bed on the lamp, did not work, if you tried to plug in your charger, it just fell out of outlet. Most hotels offer complimentary breakfast, at this hotel, it was $16.00 per person. The decorative water fountain at the entrance of hotel smelled like stagnant water. The elevators were very hot. Was very disappointed at this hotel, I expected better from a "Hilton" hotel.

The hotel was very accessible to the highway so that was convenient. The staff and housekeeping was very friendly. The room and bathroom was very clean.

Booked at set rate with booking.

Booked at set rate with booking.com, when I arrived at the hotel. I was told about a 50.00 deposit, another thing was our set rate was different then what I got charged. In the morning I spoke to someone in the front desk when returning our room key, she noticed I was over charged. Room was a decent size, restroom was super small. Only some of the outlets worked in the room. Plus side was the beds being really comfortable, I probably will not be returning to this location.

very bad property-please take off Hilton name & put it a jail cell.

Nothing at all...wastage of my valuable money

nothing...very nasty place to stay...& the staff was very unprofessional-never recommend any one to stay at this property. per my childrens commant; bathrooms were the worst dirty & VERY UNCLEAN & THEY SAID THE GAS STATION BUC EE'S HAS BETTER & CLEAN WASH ROOMS THAN THIS DOUBLE TREE BY HILTON hOTEL HAS. Worst hotel in San Antonio.

Perfect

I loved everything about the hotel. Very clean & up to date. The location was great. Close to everything. I’ve been to San Antonio plenty of times, this was the best hotel & I will definitely stay again.

I really liked the fact that it was really clean and was...

The only thing is that we couldn't find the ice machine and didn't know where they served breakfast.

I really liked the fact that it was really clean and was very comfortable. It was really quiet so that's a plus . we would definitely go back for a longer period of time

Staff was nice and attentive.

Didn't have a refrigerator or microwave when we got there had to ask. Water came in thru under the balcony door when it rained

Staff was nice and attentive. Facility was clean

Friendly staff but outdated rooms

Rooms are outdated. Need to replace with new furniture. Wall papers need to come down or be replaced. Microwave on top of mini refrigerator needs to be better secured. It is literally sitting on top of the refrigerator. And it wasn’t plugged at all. Not safe especially with a toddler in the room. Lighting was dim. I just didn’t get that comfortable feeling in when I walked in.

Staff are wonderful. They were friendly and asked questions. They were quick and efficient in helping me. Sheets were clean, towels were clean, bathroom clean.

Loved the atmosphere
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything, beautiful spanish atmosphere, loved the pool it has a net to keep birds and other critters out. Rooms were really nice and CLEAN. Bed was super comfortable, staff was so nice and accommodating, we were offered an upgraded to a king size room at no extra charge. From now on this will be out hotel to book when we visit San Antonio

Everything was great except for the fact that the security...

Everything was great except for the fact that the security in the bar called the cops on us accused of smoking marijuana when clearly we weren’t they where cigars

Best avoided

Everything.... from the scratched potty seat to the ineffective curtains to the lousy bed

Not much to like in the property actually.... the beds were very uncomfortable and the room cleanliness was not to the desirable level !

Hot, noisy facility that needs more structure and better pool rules.

The whole place was hot in the hotel it was warm and in our room it was cool but no matter what temperature you put it on it didn’t get colder. They need some updates on their air conditioner. The toilet ran a lot. The pool area was so freakin loud and we tried to swim but we’re getting hit in the head by balls. I talked with front desk about having adult time even just an hour once the pool closed but they didn’t come run off the 50 kids until 10:15 and they ran us off as well threatening to call police if we didn’t leave even after explaining what the from desk said that it would be okay to stay one extra hour. Plus the ants that we’re all over the night stand by the bed. Would not stay again.

The bed was comfortable

Great stay! Will definitely stay here again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access with Bath Tub

Had to request for extra towels twice before receiving them.

Location, price, cleanliness & comfortableness of room were great! Would definitely stay here again!

HORRIBLE!!

Had a lot of problems with room, wanted 2night stay, hotel had us down for one night, next night was booked so they didn't want to give us a room, when we did get a room, the rest was a freaking nightmare. No remote for tv, after we'd been there & used it, we asked for another remote, a few minutes later the fire alarm came on & the front desk tells us a freakin story about the fire department checking something out, when in essence, no fire truck was even out there. We believe it was one of the employees getting back at us for having to give us a room cause we would not take NO for an answer.. we have never ever been dissatisfied with anything EVER!. Had always had a great stay, not this time. The fire alarm stayed on for a LONG time. & front desk told my husband we were going to have to sleep with it on, which was absurd.

Breakfast was very good, as always.

Convenient airport location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access with Bath Tub

I was unable to locate the receipt that was supposed to be emailed to me. I phoned to request a new one and have not received that one either.

The shuttle service from the airport was great. This complimentary service was also available for other locations within a couple mile radius of the facility; restaurants, shopping, movies, comedy club.

I like the view and the location, very easy access from the...
    • King Room with View

The air conditioning was not functioning well it was really hot in the room to the point that eee couldn’t sleep. It was also very noisy and for a double tree Hilton I was expecting something way above what I got.

I like the view and the location, very easy access from the airport.

Not too happy!

That on room 350 we could not go to sleep because of people going in and out and in the morning they woke us up super early again because of them going in and out never again will I stay in that room or near a place where there is an entrance. I was very upset because of all the noise was not worth what we paid for.

Liked everything but the room where we stayed at

The stay was okay, but disappointing

Our room didn’t get cleaned two days in a row and we had to call more than once about it and we also didn’t get clean towels

The bed and pillows were comfortable and the staff was courteous

DoubleTree Airport was my home away from home for the weekend and i couldnt habe made a better choic

Ice machine on floor 2 was not working.

The rooms were quiet. The food was great but truly the gem of the property is the bar and the bartender. Bryan made the atmosphere warm and welcoming with good conversatiin, music, drink choices and laughter. With so many choices to go to and relax it is definitely the DoubleTree bar!

The hotel was definitely located in a good place. Most importantly the staff was very accommodating
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The shower could use directions to ensure that patrons understand how to use the faucet.

The room was quiet with direct access to the terrace.it was smaller than expected but very cozy.

They had a/c issues

The room was beautiful clean and everything the staff was very friendly and helpful only thing is the A/c was so messed up I woke up in sweats so I had to request a fanbut everthing else was great I would stay there again no complaint

Nicest people and just so helpful.

The front desk, the household help, wait staff in restaurant were beyond nice and helpful. We stopped staying here a few years ago because things were not like it is now. Great Job at turning it around.

disappointed with the room, but happy enough overall with my stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

For the price, 120.00 per night, the room could have been bigger and less remote. The room and bed were quite small and it was situated so that one must enter from the outside balcony area.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

WILL NOT RETURN!!

The front desk clerk was not customer friendly. The room was hot the ac did not work properly. Not enough towels. Asked for a high floor with extra pillows. Just didn't feel welcome at this hotel. I feel because i booked through booking.com I was cheated. I will never book at this hotel again!

The parking was free

Most comfortable bed and pillows

Our room was in the courtyard area which we really liked because we could just step outside our room and enjoy the fresh air. Very quiet hotel and inviting.

Good spot for airport. Rooms around open courtyard are not comfortable
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room I was given had locked door behind it a noisy gan was on. I had to call reception to send someone to turn it off. But I could still hear some noise all night.

Good location, close to the airport and some ships and malls and free shuttle to these places

On the second day there the top sheet had some kind of small...

On the second day there the top sheet had some kind of small red stain. This was after the bed sheets had been changed out by the cleaning person or maid . The sheets were changed out after I mentioned it to one of the maids in the hallway.

Very convenient for what we were doing in town.
    • King Room with View

When booking online with booking .com it said no credit needed. That is what I booked. On the road heading there we got a call from manager saying they needed a credit card to reserve our reservation or he was going to cancel it. We don't use credit cards. We told them we were using cash. The manager told us as soon as we paid the money would go directly back on my husbands debit card. That was Friday and we still don't have the money back. You shouldn't say booking without credit card if this isn't true.

Very convenient for what we were doing in town. The meal in the restaurant was very goood.

very comfortable

The vending machines didn't take debit so had to use the front desk store for some of those items, selection of drinks here was limited to water, monster, and diet drinks (may have been others but no regular soda)

The room was clean and while had an older overall look it looked to be well maintained. The bed and pillows were relent, sleep as well or better than my own bed. Shower had great pressure and actually felt refreshed after using it (last several hotels this was not the case)

• King Room with View

The AC was not working properly in our room and it was extremely hot in the halls and other areas of the hotel.

The location is great and love the style of the hotel. The staff, as always, was wonderful.

On this particular trip, nothing.

It was hot throughout the motel. My room was very hot; therefore, very uncomfortable. I switched rooms, and it did not prove any better. Plus, I had no refrigerator nor microwave. Very not satisfied.

On this particular trip, nothing.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Sleepless in San Antonio

Stains on furniture. Bathroom was slow to flush. Water took a long time to drain from shower.

Didnt get breakfast left at 500am. Could not sleep due to yelling neighbors reported it 3 times. Nothing was done. Didnt get to feel the bed was afraid i was gonna get shot through the wall.

Our room was in the back corner looking out to the back of...

Our room was in the back corner looking out to the back of hotel roof looking straight at big equipment. Our coffee maker didn't work, they gave us a second one and didn't work again. The front desk clerk did compensate by giving us breakfast buffet. That was nice of her.

No free continental breakfast, even the cheap hotels have...
    • King Room with View

The bed was a little uncomfortable & the door situation was terrible, I even witnessed a staff member trying to help a handicapped patient into his room & the door was so heavy she couldn't get the door open & patient in his room without asking for help.

No free continental breakfast, even the cheap hotels have some type of free continental breakfast.

AWESOME!!

We couldn't use the balcony because there was a lot of bird poop.... but there is no way to stop birds from pooping.

Perfect room! Close to all the places we like. Staff was very nice. There was a soccer tournament going on and our hotel had many families with kids (many many kids) and even with that, we were able to maintain our privacy like if we were the only ones in the hotel. We are definitely coming back!

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Decent but not worth the price
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was extremely small and not what was advertised on their pictures. Was next to a utility room with constant noise. Just not the best value for the price

Staff was very nice and accommodating

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Great place to stay in San Antonio!
    • King Room with View

Nothing, everything was great .

Location was great , price through booking.com was great , the hotel itself is a historical beauty , the rooms we comfortable- very modern and very clean .

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Great stay!
    • King Room with View

Room service was a little slow but it was busy and the food was hot!

Very beautifully designed and decorated. Brings the Spanish flare to the property appropriate for San Antonio. Close to shopping, restaurants, downtown, literally feels like the center of the city!

I asked for toilet paper to be brought to our room @ 6:30 am...
    • Double Room with View

I asked for toilet paper to be brought to our room @ 6:30 am (completely out) and one one ever came to provide this. 6 hrs later my son had to go find some around 11:00.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Great Hotel stay
    • Double Room with View

The elevators keep making weird noises like they're going to break down.

The front desk help Issac provided the best service for us. He changed my room super quickly after I complained becasue the heater was not working well. He went above and beyond.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Convenient location, very friendly staff, clean facility,...

Could have offered a Continental breakfast, considering it was New Year holiday. Also, lighting in rooms is a little dull.

Convenient location, very friendly staff, clean facility, comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Top Notch Everything!

There's nothing we don't like about this Springhill!

We loved the Floorplan of the suite. And their breakfast is far better than other hotels. Everytime we fly out of Hobby airport in Houston, we stay here and will continue to do so.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Everything was great expect the roach

Woke up to a roach by the bathroom, would have reported it but didn't have time because of business meeting downtown that morning

Love the cookies & great staff, quick easy check in with friendly service

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Horrible from the start.

The fact that nothing of what I requested I got. My room was in a tight corner view was horrible. Nothing of what I expected very horrible.

Cookies were given

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

It really was a great place to stay.

Breakfast buffet was not included in the cost whereas most surrounding hotels offered this. I actually was very offended by the automatic incidentals charge being added to my bill AT CHECK IN. I felt hijacked, I hadn't gotten to my room yet to sit down, or look at a room service menu. That was very off putting to me. I felt like I'm here and I tip well, so give me a chance to choose to spend my money on extras and incidentals. The unused upfront charges were removed from my bill at the end of my stay, so I thought it a very unnecessary policy.

It really was a great place to stay. Very quiet room, comfortable beds, ultra accommodating staff for whatever you needed, free shuttle rides to anywhere within 2 mile radius of hotel. Microwave & refrigerator in room. Business ofc available. Free Wifi.

Nice area !

Room a.c. was not working ! Got locked out of my room . went to from desk 3 times . they wouldn't give me a breakfast voucher because she said I didn't pay for it . when I was handed 2 of them at check in the night before . so i told her I would go to my room and get them . my key wouldn't work , 3 times I went up and down . just got her to say sorry sir here are 2 breakfast vouchers . talked to other people with the same problem room locking them out !!! To pricy for ac not to work . it was hot and humid .

Nice area ! Nice location !

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Would not recommend to anyone.

Its Very old. The rooms were nasty looking and bathroom looked nasty to. Everythings look out dated.its not very not a good place to stay.

Lots of fast restaurants around the place.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Weekend getaway

The pancakes at the breakfast buffet were hard. It was due to the steamer being too high. Should have gone with the omelet. Everything else was good.

Loved the comfortable bed and cozy room! The staff were friendly and helpful.

Staff was nice.

Beds were so uncomfortable you can feel the springs in the mattress while laying on it. Definitely need new mattresses and won't spend my money here again. I couldn't wait to get home to get a comfortable nights rest.

Staff was nice.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Enjoyable
    • King Room with View

I found everything to be excellent.

A extremely pleasant place to stay.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Staff trying hard but the whole place needs a modern makeover
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access with Bath Tub

the hotel is looking tired

Staff were helpful

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Simply Fabulous

I loved everything. I was pampered and I felt comfortable

Price point is fine because the hotel is dated.

Hotel is old, dated and unmemorable. Shower didn't work right, toilet and shower caulk was moldy. Toaster in restaurant was broken.

Overall good stay

The pool wasn't available when we had a chance to get in.

Beds where very comfortable just didn't like the size.

Bed extra comfortable

No refrigerator in room

Bed extra comfortable

the staff was excellent

our bed had roaches

the staff was excellent

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Pleased with location and pleasant staff, but had higher expectations from this hotel chain
    • Double Room with View

Sheets were wrinkled; television has sound but no picture; non sufficient condiments for coffee.

staff responded quickly when asked for service

The location and attentiveness by the staff were exceptional!
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The location and attentiveness by the staff were exceptional!

The air did not work in the room when we first arrived.

The air did not work in the room when we first arrived.

AC wastnt fully working in the room

AC wastnt fully working in the room

Excellent service

Na

Staff was very friendly

Good stay...as usual.

Maybe a cold glass of milk with the cookies. : ) All was good.

Rooms were clean. Beds were comfortable.

Everything was perfect, I would use this hotel again

Everything was perfect, I would use this hotel again

Great stay
    • King Room with View

The room was really comfortable and clean. I love the quiet and the view. It was a great experience.

Nice bed!

Nice bed!

Nice atmosphere

HAD NICE TIME BOOKING AGAIN IN TWO WEEKS

Nice atmosphere

Definitely booking there again

Room temperature didn't get too cold

Everything was awesome

Breakfast, bar, and pool

Small bathroom, double beds, & air conditioner was blasting, but never cooled off the room

Breakfast, bar, and pool

Customer service5

Customer service5

If it only had complementary breakfast.

I didn't like that they did not offer complementary breakfast. And the price for breakfast was a bit high.

I liked that it was comfy and clean.

Would like an adult pool to relax after running around all...

Would like an adult pool to relax after running around all day. Too many kids in pool.

Pool

Air condition wasn’t great

Pool

Superb! Will definitely stay again!

Very satisfied.

Excellent service and accommodations!