Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport 3 stars

835 Airport Boulevard, Burlingame, CA 94010-9949, USA

#6 of 11 hotels in Burlingame

• Non-Smoking Bay View King Room

No free parking & wi-fi not strong enough unless you’re in the first floor/ restaurant

Free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and vice versa

• King Room with Disability Access

There was a party in the banquet room the night we stayed and the extremely loud music bombarded our room. We complained (both by text and by phone) and were offered a change in room-- my question would be, why not put us in the quieter room when we checked in to avoid the problem altogether? We had gone to bed at 8:30 pm due to having a 4:00 am shuttle to catch to the airport. It was disappointing to pay this much for a room and not be able to get the rest we needed that night. I think the only thing staff could have done to appease this situation would have been to offer us a voucher for a free night at any Doubletree in the future.

Clean, comfortable room. We ate an early supper at the bar-- friendly staff, and good food there. Ability to communicate with hotel staff by text. We needed an early ride to the airport and the shuttle ran on a regular basis 24 hours!

• King Room with Roll-in Shower

Room smelled, probably because of shower which leaked into the bathroom and carpet TV needed instructions, it was hard to turn off or adjust volume

The bed was comfortable

Shuttle was a bit confusing as there are 2 Doubletree hotels. I got on the wrong one.

The room was huge, the bed was super comfy, the cookies warm and delicious, people were lovely. I’ll stay there again

• King Room Hearing Accessible

The shower was incredible and the amenities in the room were phenomenal. The Double Tree cookie at check-in is always an added bonus! The airport shuttle was prompt and came exactly when we needed it to.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The service was not terrible, but very poor. Our first morning there we went to breakfast and stood at the counter waiting to be seated. The waiter was right in front of us busy flipping through receipts for a good 5 mins. Didn’t look up once to acknowledge us. after about 10 mins of standing there in silence waiting for his to be done with his business, he looks up annoyed and coldly states “I’ll be right with you” as he walks away. Again the service wasn’t terrible, it was just poor and cold. No hospitality what so ever. The room was a Dusty and had oil/grease hand marks all over the doors. The bed was uncomfortable, and aside from breakfast, the food from the restaurant wasn’t good at all.

The continental breakfast.

• King Room with Disability Access

We have stayed here many times. Room 383 was filthy. The heater did not work. The guests in the room next to us were trying to come through the door between the rooms all night and the next morning. They also were yelling until 2:00 AM. The worst experience ever.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Left us and others in darkenes Had to help older folk downstairs I’m not complaining my pleasure But I wont stay here again

More signs for a vaccination Staff unreal and wonderful people

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room was dirty when we arrived. The counter tops in the bathrooms were sticky and grimy. There were empty glasses sitting next to the hotel room door.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The main downside is that there are no public transportation options nearby. You have to go to the airport if you intend to take BART. Self-parking is very expensive on a daily basis and there are no other options nearby. Best to take Uber or Lyft if you want to go downtown.

The value of the price we paid more than met my expectations. The hotel is very well maintained and the beds are so comfy, the room and bathroom spacious. Overall, very good for its price and the complimentary shuttle was a big plus.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

For $155/night plus $27/night to park, I think it would have been nice to have enough water coming out of the shower head to get an appropriate shower. Motel 6’s have restrictors but I don’t think that Doubletrees should. Also, for that amount of money, I expected more than 1960’s carpet and 15 year old twister mercury lights that take 15 minutes to brighten up so you can see we’ll enough to come into the room. Doubletree cookies aren’t enough to overcome those shortcomings. Also, pop machines that only take credit cards and put a hold on your credit card for a two dollar coke are unacceptable. Will find something other than a Doubletree next trip.

Nice bar

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• King Room with Roll-in Shower

The staff in the front desk was awful. I guess the hotel has so many international customers. Even if the pronunciation (or English speaking) of internationl customers is not good, the hotel staff should be very polite and should try to understand what they say.

Bedding was wonderful.

$26 per night parking was not fun to pay for each night. I spent $104 in parking. What a waste of money.

Free warm cookies at check in was a nice touch after a long drive. Needing your room key to enter for parking made it comfortable knowing the public couldn’t get to your Car.

Close to the convention center, was here for a convention. Free wine tasting with nibbles on Thursday, music on Friday. Staff very friendly and communicated with me via text to make sure everything was okay. Room was clean, great house keeping every day. This hotel is right near the airport but I did not hear any planes.

• King Room Hearing Accessible

Good and friendly staff - helpful and accommodating. Happy to oblige with any questions and needs I had during my stay. However, I did ask for a quiet location upon check in and specified not to be located next to any elevator but the staff member either ignored my request or hadn't paid full attention as I was located right next to the elevator and my windows fronted the back parking lot which was noisy with cars and service and delivery trucks so I didn't sleep too well. I loved the live quartet music they had in the restaurant for the Thanksgiving buffet. I thought it was a great atmosphere and classy touch :) Thank you, Hilton Double Tree.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Most everything about the hotel.

Hotel is in desperate need of a remodel. Very old accommodations. Breakfast left a lot to be desired as well. Wifi was non existent (extremely slow).

Room service menu seemed limited. Also, anchovies were no longer available for the Caesar salad, in spite of being in the description in the menu. I was told they'd been discontinued because few people liked them; seems like the restaurant could keep a can or two on hand for the few! Also location was convenient to the airport, but not to the city or local food places.

Clean, comfortable, friendly staff. Great cookies!! I loved having a lot of items available, including distilled water for my CPAP, in their 24-hour shop.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Step stool for the shuttle. A more basic menu for the restaurant

The staff was wonderful, very helpful and accommodating. The shuttle was readily available. And it would take you to the airport where you could get the BART train to downtown San Francisco.

Paying guest shouldn't have to pay an extra 26 dollars for parking. It i didn't book through a third party i would have cancelled my reservations immediately. I also didnt like that the pictures didnt cover the room that i selected, i booked the room because the pictures indicated certain amenities that i was specifically looking for, but when i checked in and viewed the room i was very disappointed there were 0 amenities that i was looking for

• King Room Hearing Accessible

I did not like the attitude of the breakfast venue in the foyer. This is a separate business to the hotel. I opted and paid for breakfast. Breakfast was to be served until 10am and when attended at 9.30am was told that they were closed. Not impressed. Certainly do not pay for breakfast as there very good restaurants in the vicinity.

The location was good. The are great restaurants a short walk away. The front desk staff was amazing and helpful with great suggestions of local restaurants. The concierge staff were so helpful and they do an amazing job as well.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

price.

Perfect location for SFO - stayed the night before our flight and was pleasantly surprised with the service (except for Bar Manager), food, ease of getting to the airport.

Some sound from neighbouring rooms but not a problem.

Free hotel shuttle (code 07) from SFO, prompt, about 15 min. Welcoming hotel staff, quick and easy check in and a warm cookie too. Huge room with everything one could want - good lighting, plenty of power points, efficient air con and simple coffee maker. Blissfully comfortable bed after 10 hr flight and 8 hr time difference. Lovely walks in hotel area.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

26 dollars per night is a little bit much for the parking. There seem to be plenty of parking spaces opposite the hotel where you can park for free. I would try that next time.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel parking is not free.

1) The restaurant in the hotel is good. We enjoyed our dinner there. 2) The staff has a shining smile and is also willing to help. One of them helped me to get some hot water. 3) Free cookies were offered upon our check-in and they were tasty. Appreciated! 4) Shuttles are provided so transportation to the airport is easy.

No complaints

We enjoyed the high quality room, the shuttle to the airport and the restaurant in the building. All were first class and a value at the price we paid. Freely available cookies a nice touch.

• Non-Smoking Double Bay View Room

The price agreed with Booking.com is USD550 but when paid, the price charged by the hotel is USD800. I asked them why and the counter told me not to book hotel via any agent. From understanding, I have added one extra bed and Booking.com quoted to me as USD10 for the whole stay. Tax and miscellaneous is around USD23 per day. Anyway, the basis of calculation was not well-explained by anyone. I feel very unhappy with Booking.com and this hotel.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I would have preferred free parking and continental breakfast. Plus vents in the bathrooms would be good too.

The price, free wifi, comfort, cleaniness and location were great! We wete able to take the BART on day to Embarcadero and the second day we drove to Embarcadero, but the parking was so expensive.

• Non-Smoking Bay View King Room

They were so nice! They gave me deliciously fresh cookies! Also, I was wearing a short dress to head out for dinner and they reminded me to bring a jacket since it will be cold and windy at night. I really appreciated that! They're very caring! Would definitely come back here. The bed and pillows are so comfy too. I'm writing this as I'm still lying down here and don't feel like getting up for my flight.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Mo at the service desk was super friendly, and offered us free cookies and drink tickets when she heard about how awful our day was (cancelled flight). Room was very nice, bar area was nice, everything was great!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was a mixup on the arrival date (changed from July 6 to July 5), and the hotel did not have the corrected date, which Booking.com told me was confirmed. So it took a while to check in. Plus the hotel was booked up, so this could have been a serious problem at 11:00pm. Luckily, the check-in clerk was very helpful and managed to find a room for us.

We had a very large and quiet handicapped room with large bathroom and comfortable bed. Coffee available in room was very good. The breakfast menu was very good and so was the food. Our waiter, an elderly asian man, was terrific.

Staff were rude when checking in we booked a king room non smoking but where given a double room with no refund and told there where no king rooms left yet we booked months ago! Marujiana could be smelt in the hallway and the room. 2 massive cockroaches found in room. Email sent to hotel 48 hours ago no response as yet

The location for the airport was ideal

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Provide more options for in-room dining service. Should provide more bathroom freebies, razors, hairbrush, etc.

Bed was very comfy, was lucky enough to have been upgraded to a king suite.

We have to pay our parking.$26...what kind of hotel charge a guest for parking. Also..old tv in the room...not worth the money we spent...

Service when you check in..they game you hot cookies..

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

At of all the hotels that we stayed at through our trip, the Double Tree is the best. The staff were and are amazing. Thank You

Everything in the hotel was great, but not much to choose from the food menu for being Vegan-Vegetarian.

• King Room with Roll-in Shower

The staff is extremely nice and helpful. I arrived with 6 huge suitcases (I was moving) and they were extremely accomodating. The shuttle to/from the airport works great. Rooms are big and extremely clean.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

The rooms were large, clean and comfortable. The hotel provided shuttle service to the airport which was very convienent and easy. Nice lounge and restaurant. Relaxing stay.

Only complaint we had was the bar staff and service. After a very late arrival jut fancied a nightcap. Sat at the bar and waited whilst barman served several people only to then be told by him the bar was closed. After questioning why hadn't we been told when sat down and the fact they were still serving others, the barman agreed to let us have one drink!

We arrived very late but still had a nice welcome with a warm cookie. Had a nice room on the Hilton honours floor. Bed was wonderful and comfy. late check out was free. Good overall experience. Staff very polite and eager to help. Building a little tired but very clean and comfy. Great views of the airport. Nice park nearby. Local golf course offered nice food and a good place to relax before flight home. Would have been nice if the hotel had an outdoor area to relax in.

Place looks average. A bit run down , needs renovation. Rooms have no solid windows. You can hear the noise from the outside.

Sweet treat on the arrival. Girl at the check in desk was very friendly & helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• King Room with Disability Access

Communication between hotel and Booking.com.

When we arrived we were told we were not in their system and that the hotel was full. I told the clerk I had booked the hotel with you quite a while ago, showed them your confirmation. He said the fact that we had booked with you, but did not show on their system was not uncommon for Booking.com. Eventually after I expressed displeasure and printed my family name he found us on the system. Not a good look Booking.com.

That we had to pay for parking. That I feel should be included with the hotel stay

Loved that it was close to SF but not in SF. And close to many beautiful beaches. Secure parking was also a plus for us.Stayed for two night. Bed was comfy. Staff was delightful. Restaurant food was great and so were the drinks. Highly recommend. Good price for the location and hospitality.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

In the future I will make the reservation through Double Tree myself. I was denied and upgrade because I went through Booking.com. Won't happen again. RM

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Paid parking was $26.'for one night . It was not included in the total. Hot water was available after 9 pm

They comp breakfast for the inconvenience.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Non-Smoking Bay View King Room

I loved the fresh warm cookie they gave me upon check in! I was so comfortable there, I enjoyed hearing the planes and their restaurant there serves amazing food!

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

We celebrated my husbands birthday in a KING SUITE!!! We wanted to thank Director, Dackmar Byron and her housekeeping staff for making this a dream come true birthday for my husband. We will return, thank you so much!!

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Having stayed in a double tree before I knew what to expect but this place was the best. The staff were all very helpful and friendly, the room was amazing and everything was clean and tidy. And of course, you can't beat freshly made cookies on arrival

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Not a lot of choices to eat besides the one restaurant which was good but not many to chose from. Getting your car in and out parking stalls were an inconvenience bc they didn't really have in and out parking. Soda machine charged me two dollars on my debit card but did not release the drink, bummer.

They really catered to my family. My grandbaby was the only child, seems like, and they really went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. The 6th floor I was on was renovated and it was really nice, check in was amazing and of course the warm cookies....

The bed was super comfortable and the staff was very friendly. The room was large and the bathroom was awesome! My boyfriend and I had a great stay. Will definitely be going back

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Staff was not real helpful nor as friendly as you might expect. Property was under construction in certain areas. Power went out for over an hour at 8pm and back up generators didn't work - due to construction?? Then early morning fire alarm possibly due to construction??

The bar staff and quality of coffee were good

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

I don't feel comfortable with the policy to cancel a room. It is said shat I will be fined 50$ when I canceled a room before 27th Feb. I did cancel a room before 27th Feb on my phone APP(booking). But it didn't work, and I was charged 366.28$. Is that possible I can get my money back ?

It's a quiet place with a see view room. Good!

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Non-Smoking Bay View King Room

location was terrible, road work made finding the facility very difficult at night........Asked about a price match, told me to go to booking.com. Did not want to offer me breakfast. No bottle water upon arrival. I contacted guess services, no one showed up, gave up........Would not stay here gain.

safe facility plenty of parking

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The location was perfect, the room was large and comfortable, and the staff was outstanding. Yana at the front desk, Argie and Jesus in the restaurant are all absolutely exceptional! We had a fabulous experience in every way.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The buffett could have been better. The eggs were soggy, and the potatoes were a bit over cooked.

The cookies were so yummy. The room was a large size and very comfy bed.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Fire alarm wakeup was disturbing and no explanation or direction given by any staff.

The shuttle was quick and efficient. I did like its availability. Also really liked the chocolate chip cookie upon arrival.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

I forgot a Google Home speaker when I left, reported it the next day and it was supposedly never foun by the staff. Very strange and disappointing.

Location, price given conference period

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Non-Smoking Bay View King Room

No fridge, no ice machine on the floor, the room wasnt a 100 percent clean. The tv constantly shut off and the chairs were uncomfortable.

I was only pleased with the view of the room.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Checkin staff less friendly than desireable in helping with logistical (getting back and forth to San Francisco and to Airport) issues. Room and bathroom showed areas in need of repair.

Breakfast was not included. Road construction made it confusing to get to hotel and to airport by car. "Bellhop" staffperson was great.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Non-Smoking Bay View King Room

No creamer for the coffee in the drawer Too complicated to get some so we had to go without coffee

Check in lady was exceptional; very helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Nothing enjoyed my stay!

Dinner was great did not need to go find something and the food was real good. The fish tacos were real tasty & there is a full bar there also.

• Non-Smoking Bay View King Room

Expensive parking, slow internet. For the price paid parking should be free and internet much better.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Food is good, shuttle to airport.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• King Room with Roll-in Shower

The room 595 we stayed is little bit cold,it seems the AC stalled at the below of the window blows in the cold air all the time,I can't shut it down...

The food of restaurant at lobby is awesome...There is an old Asian waiter who treated us quite nice...

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

3 out of 5 floors ice machine not working - leaking water badly on one floor/slippery. Curtains in room only dark on one side, other half curtain sheer. It's hard to sleep late after redeye when room has bright sunlight.

Front desk people nice. Maid staff nice. Love warm chocolate chip cookie upon arrival. Bs center/printer convenient.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Nothing!!

The staff was excellent. They could not have been more welcoming and accommodating. I had made a mistake and booked for the wrong night. The room was non- refundable. When I spoke to the reservations department the lady was absolutely wonderful and did not charge me for the missed reservation. I believe her name was Paula. The front desk staff was also wonderful ... The bell staff great and so helpful. I had stayed at the other Hilton SFO Airport (not the Doubletree) at the beginning of out trip and it was fine but the Doubletree was wonderful! I would stay there again and recommend it highly.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Non-Smoking Bay View King Room

Road construction made getting to the hotel almost impossible. Not the hotel's fault, but wish we had known before booking.

Richard at the front desk was wonderful!

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The weather, but the hotel had no control over that.

Breakfast was excellent. Staff were very helpful and professional. The hotel was very comfortable and clean..

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The road work made it difficult to navigate through the main streets. My GPS didn't even have that detour and we were lost for about an hour.

I enjoyed the licatuon, the food in the area. The o kit thing was the construction in the area. It was difficult to navigate through the detour.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Not many choices of eateries/bars nearby, secluded. Day staff at front desk was brusque. Shower curtain needs to be replaced, it smelled really bad; but bathroom was clean n neat.

Free shuttle, clean room, night staff was very friendly

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Small standard room. We originally booked a king size bed ... And they gave us two double beds. Also when we arrived in the room there were four breakfast vouchures that had a different guest name in them. Clearly.... A mistake .... We have never slept apart as a married couple until that night.

Location near the airpirt

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Non-Smoking Bay View King Room

They lost my reservation with Booking.com and I had them do it again. They lost it the second time as well. BUT, the front desk manager did a great job making it up and getting us our rooms.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Non-Smoking Bay View King Room

Expect some noise from airplanes landing and taking off.

Convenient if you are flying from or to SFO, not if you want to visit San Fransisco city. Convenient shuttle to and from SFO. Nice staff in reception and restaurant. Lobby had a jazz trio entertaining on a friday evening. Free wifi!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The pasta with seafood was a greasy mess - not really edible but everything else was good

Compared to other hotels by sfo in that price range much nicer room,decent restaurant,pleasant service. Comfortable bed, lots of hot water and clean. Would stay there again on an Sfo overnight. Efficient shuttle to terminal

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

Could be closer to airport. Waited a long time for shuttle from airport to hotel

Very clean room and extremely comfortable bed!! Arrived on late night flight and bar and restaurant were still open and very good food and drinks. Perfect for one night layover.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

At the front desk they had originally said my card declined. I called my bank and I had enough plus 300 extra then at checkout they had said 12 dollars still needs to be paid. My bathroom light wouldn't work, I reported it and for three days it wasn't fixed. I know this sounds petty, but things weren't done when I asked, my money was there and the front desk even spoke with bank also.

The bed was awesome, coffee in room,

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The staff (a big gentleman with glasses) helped me to stay comfortable, and I am really grateful!! AC of my room was not working at all, which itself was terrible on such a cold day (night), but it was heart warming when he brought me a lovely hot tea and an extra quilt to keep me warm! Thank you for a great stay at a very convenient hotel for an early flight.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

We had no complaints

The staff were excellent. Everyone was very friendly. The rooms were a nice size and everything was very clean. It was a good experience for our party of 7.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Bay View Room

The wait for the hotel shuttle at the airport was 25 minutes, had been told that the shuttle at that hour would be every 15 minutes.

I was surprised to find that this airport hotel was not on a highway but waterfront. My room had a stunning view of the bay, the airport in the distance with mountains beyond. I absolutely loved taking a walk on the paved walking/bicycle path across the street with a breeze coming off the bay, sat on a bench with my book. Delightful! Fish tacos for a light supper at the bar were delicious, staff very friendly and helpful.