Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Orange County Airport 3 stars

201 East MacArthur Boulevard, Santa Ana, CA 92707, USA

#5 of 19 hotels in Santa Ana

The only nice thing about this hotel was that it was close...

This hotel was awful, when we got there the parking was $21 a night and there were not enough parking spaces for the people staying there there were 2 nights that I did not find parking in the structure and there was no where else to park, when we walked in our room there was a condom wrapper on the floor. We went to the pool and it was awful the jacuzzi was broken the restroom in the gym was clogged. I do not recommend this hotel for anyone

The only nice thing about this hotel was that it was close to the highway that is all everything else was awful

Comfortable, great location. I'd stay again!
    • King Room with Pull-Out Chair - Non-Smoking

Didn't come with breakfast and no fan in the bathroom.

I loved the bed and pillows! It was clean and in a nice location--we felt safe-- and I liked the nearness to the airport.

DoubleTree never disappoints

DoubleTree is my 1st choice anytime I travel due to the friendly staff, clean rooms and the amenities they offer at each of their establishments. Hotel is always well kept. I would recommend if you never stayed in a DoubleTree you should try it on your next vacation or business trip.

Cookies if they had some when I arrived.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Gave 3 towels for a 4 person room. Parking fee is outrageous. Hole in the wall in bathroom. Toilet doesn't flush properly. Pool is super small.

Cookies if they had some when I arrived.

ok

I feel that with the amount of money we are spending that breakfast should be free like most nice hotels. There also should be more parking. I dont know if they keep track of how many cars that pay to get in there.

comfortable beds

Overall it was clean, the bed was decent.
    • King Room with Pull-Out Chair - Non-Smoking

It was noisy every time someone opened their room door is down sounded like my room door was opening! It made it very difficult to sleep. Parking is $21 in the garage which is normal in a lot of places but I just did not want to pay for parking. So if you go just know you can valet for $26 or park in the garage yourself for $21.

Overall it was clean, the bed was decent. It’s not far from Newport Beach about a 20 minute drive with traffic.

It was very relaxing wish they had a spa

We have to pay for parking. ☹️ No spa or massage service

It looked very elegant. Super relaxing atmosphere. Stores/Resuraunts right across from hotel.

We did not get complementary breakfast.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We did not get complementary breakfast. I wasn’t aware of this and ate at the buffet. When I received my bill it was $81. Totally not worth it. I wish the staff would of said something to me.

When we checked in around 3 pm we didn’t get offered cookies...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When we checked in around 3 pm we didn’t get offered cookies and when we returned around 10 or when we left. Outside my room was 2 dirty cups and they stayed there even after we left so they didn’t come clean. Our television didn’t work and it was too late to even bother calling my son was already asleep and the elevators didn’t work so we had to walk outside the hotels to use the stairs we were on the 3rd floor. Very disappointed because I love double tree hotels and this one has been my worst experience.

Awesome!

The pool had way touch chlorine. Also the sight online did not ask us about parking?? So when we got to te hotel tha was a shock for no free parking? Yet the hotel was nice to help us out. Thanks!

We loves the service and cleanliness.

Disgusting toilet seat, closed pool, soap scum in shower, staff needs customer service training!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was not very polite in handling complaints. They basically kept “shrugging” me and telling me that they didn’t know what to tell me. I told them I stayed at that hotel to use the hot tub the day after my event, they said I could go across the steeet to use the pool/hot tub. Not until I complained the second time did they even mention they had a shuttle. Then told me to call the manager and complain to her!

The chocolate chip cookies.

Not a great hotel but ok for what you pay

The hotel is older and needs some renovation. Walls looked dirty and carpets difinately needed to be replaced.

The staff at this hotel was exceptional. Very courteous and helpful! It was about 10 miles from Honda Center where we were going to an event. Pricing was way better than staying nearer to Honda Center where you pay super high rates.

Little things that wasn’t aware of but nice place to stay and would book again

When I checked in surprised of the extra charge which I wasn’t aware of and when I booked room gave me option for me to choose how I would pay once I checked in I had chosen to pay cash and couldn’t do it once I got there..(what if I didn’t have credit card)

Lobby was amazing & cleanliness of place over all except parking could of been lil better

I did not like that I was forced to pay $20 a night to park...

I did not like that I was forced to pay $20 a night to park when I was staying at the hotel and I do mean FORCED. There was no other option due to no street parking and I had to leave my car somewhere! I stayed several days and the additional cost really was not worth it.

This Doubletree brand hotel offers a nice place to stay.
    • King Room with Pull-Out Chair - Non-Smoking

The room ac was not able to maintain a comfortable temperature (too warm). Second, this was a second floor room overlooking a major city street so traffic was constant and noisy. It was difficult to get a decent night's sleep. Last, the property does not offer free parking and getting into and out of the underground garage was not easy.

This Doubletree brand hotel offers a nice place to stay. I only stayed overnight so I did not use the pool or gym. I also did not eat at the restaurant. The room was comfortable but the ac was not adequate to keep the room temperature comfortable (too warm). Also, the room was located overlooking a major city street so traffic was constant and noisy.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The staff was very friendly and accommodating! This property was conveniently located for our needs. It was close to a large upscale mall with many restaurants to choose from. Being just a few minutes from the airport made it effortless to return our rental car and check-in for our 6:45am flight.

Not worth the money!
    • King Room with Pull-Out Chair - Non-Smoking

Not close to Disneyland, they told me Hotel stay and chargers would be payed in full at the end of my stay, but charged me $99.12 every night that was there (plus more) I was told by an employe that chargers would drop two to three business days, 5 days later “pending” charges still there...... never coming here again

Cleanliness

Conveniently located.
    • King Room with Pull-Out Chair - Non-Smoking

Parking was a bit of an issue. We arrived early, & there was already limited space.

The location was prime. Loved the privacy of the location as well as the amenities nearby. It had everything I needed. Bonus points for the chocolate chip cookie when checking in!

Great value, Great customer service and Great location!

Literally the only thing I could think of if the elevator, I know, but it was noisy and kind of nerve-racking.

The staff was amazing! Right when we checked in we found everyone to be very pleasant and wanting to help. We were offered treats and water and we're taken care of within minutes. We were helped by Alex, she was extremely helpful, special kudos to her!!

7 out of 10 there were faults but it was still a nice visit.

I couldn't iron my clothes due to a dripping iron that would barely get warm. Didn't ask for another one because I figured the rest would be cheap irons. I was told to park far away in order to check in when I was already parked right in front of check in. Other hotels don't do that. I wasn't asked how my stat was. When I checked in I didn't get a good vibe from the front desk guy. He didn't seem in a good mood and was all serious. If the bath tub wasn't stained then the black marks shouldn't have been there.

Price was great. Nice city view. Free warm delicious cookies. Comfortable bed. Fridge.

I have stayed at multiple double tree locations around the country, this was my first & last time

The staff at front desk. Rude and not friendly not know anything about customer service. Was stereo typed upon arrival and was treated with racism and utmost disrespect.

Cookies

location was quiet.
    • Two Bedroom King Suite

on 8/13 the power went out and it was my wedding day. i had to scramble to get my clothes ironed. i had to go to another hotel and they helped me. I was disappointed that the staff when i told them they did not go out of their way to help

location was quiet.

Really liked my stay & the price was right.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The public parking fee &20.00, Booking.com listed public parking as $15, in my option I don't think there should be a public parking fee it should be waved!

The pool & jacuzzi located on 2nd good location for a pool.

It was s great place to stay
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I was unawate of the $20.00, a night parking.

Staff, food, ambiance, parking and the hot chocolate chip cookies,and the bed. Thete are alot of things to visit and do around here

Sheet was dirty and had to request new ones and also there...

Sheet was dirty and had to request new ones and also there was a pin in the carpet on the floor and we had a crawling infant so that was a big down fall

Not great

Son had to sleep on the floor as they put us in a room for 4 instead of 5 people. Wouldn't allow roll away due to fir hazards

Beds were very nice but only had 2 and we booked for 5 people

Decent place
    • King Room with Pull-Out Chair - Non-Smoking

Key fob was not working properly, over crowded swimming pool. Could hear toilet flush of other rooms.

Looks good and high end from outside. Onsite restaurant was good.

It was cheaper for us to book a stay by talking to the front desk then they go through Booking.com
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Booking the hotel through booking.com we were led to believe there was a free breakfast? And had no idea there was a $20 parking charge all this together added a extra $60 charge on top of what we paid booking.com. The next night, we stayed at the Doubletree after I talk to the front desk, for $20 less than the previous night. They also included breakfast and parking for free!

Loved it! Very clean! The Valet, Front staff & Restaurant waiters & waitress all are dedicated !!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Wish the fitness center was a little bigger.

Aarrman, Diego & Sathesh who work up st the front checking people in were amazing at what they do. Welcoming me to Double Tree. Answering all questions, but also providing me with breakfast vouchers, because I am a Hilton Grand Owner. Service with a smile. When ever I stay at the Hilton I always look for customer service skills & how I am treated!

My great vacation started with the moment I checked in and...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My great vacation started with the moment I checked in and was welcomed with cookies and ended beautifully when I left and been kindly accommodated for late check out. Room and bath were sparkling and the bed was super comfortable. I will certainly return!

Decorative and comfortable place to stay!
    • King Room with Pull-Out Chair - Non-Smoking

Lack of freely available coffee at times! Lack of comfortable 'smoking areas' protected from elements and the lack of comfort for smokers! Hated the free 'cookie'.

Good general atmosphere, good breakfast food.

Mommyof2

Everything was fabulous during this trip

Our room wasn't ready so front desk found us another room with a king bed and pullout sofa. King bed was big enough for the 4 of us. Bed was comfy and room was still big enough for my kids to "play" and just be kids. Bathroom was wide enough to have all four of us in at one time (bath/brush teeth). Had a good choice of food near by and gas station, close to freeway and to Disneyland. Ages of kids: 2 & 4 Would definitely stay there again.

Stay at Santa Ana

check in process could be more informational. This was the first time I stayed at this hotel and had to call back several time for information.

Very good hotel. Cookies are delicious!

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Diego at the front desk was great

Shower head was broken water was everywhere after shower even after it was "repaired" left my clothes soaked

Diego at the front desk was amazingly nice and efficient loved that after a long drive down here

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

well, it was nice to be in there, the bed nice and clean, i...
    • King Room with Pull-Out Chair - Non-Smoking

well, it was nice to be in there, the bed nice and clean, i will recomend if i have too. en verdad muy limpio me gusto ospedarme en ese hotel. cama confortable loremendaria.

Awesome Hotel! 10/10 would recommend!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We stayed at this property for a Disneyland vacation. The experience was excellent. The property is only 15 minutes away from the Park. The staff members were very nice and our room was extremely clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and plan to stay here again in the future.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Could Have Been Better
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

First room had no heat and smelled like cigarettes. Maintenance responded and fixed heat issue. We asked to be moved to another room and were. Second room had towels for two; we were a party of three.

Convenient to airport. Got a room on short notice. Warm cookies. Good room service food.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Nice stay with a tiny issue.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was a party in the banquet room below us. Our room was on the second floor. The music could easily be heard in our room. Very annoying. Thank goodness, I went out that night. When I returned to the room, the party was winding down, but the music was over. I thought they would have better sound proofing in a hotel that size.

Good, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Very comfortable stay
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

It was a little warm in the room and air conditioning although working did not cool the room.

Check in was easy. Diego and Vanessa were very helpful. The room was clean and bed was very comfortable. the room was quiet and we slept very well.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Two queen beds don't make a king bed.

My reservation was not kept as I made I got two full /queens size beds when I asked for a king size bed. The room smelled like smoke from smoking got that room changed but it was not the best .

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Overall very happy with my stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was what I expected. Overall it was a great experience and will certainly stay again in the future if I'm in the area.

The staff worked hard and fast to fix issue with my room. I reserved 2 bed but got 1 bed. The staff fixed it right away and I was happy.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Overall good

The ac unit (intake/output vents and thermostat) are all in the same corner so the air circulation isn't great/felt a little warm at times. But not terrible!

Clean room, comfortable bed!

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

This stay was good just wish it wasn't so hot couldn't get any sleep.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was way too hot and the AC wouldn't get any lower the 65 F degrees. The beds were uncomfortable especially the pillows! Also there wasn't complementary breakfast plus the parking was expensive.

The location and the cleanliness.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Some disappointments

Disappointed that there was no free breakfast. Also disappointed there was a convention--on a Saturday! Made it difficult to get through the lobby. Day care right at the base of the elevators. Very unprofessional. Parking was too expensive.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Disappointed!!!!!
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

That you guys promise a room and didn't deliver.need to do a better job at that or I won't used booking.Com again.Sorry but first night was really bad

Very disappointed wrong room at check in promised a roll around bed went to event got to hotel at 1:45am no extra bed my kids have to sleep on floor not happy.told me to call you guys because I made reservation from booking.com

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Overall good,except for crummy sofabed!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

I didn't like the sofabed,my reservation was for two queen beds,made a month in advance!!!!!!!!

Bkfst great,all staff,very nice,friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Successful birthday staycation

Upon checkin there was a mix up with my room, but Doubletree did everything they could to make up for it. It was a birthday stay cation, so the extra hotel vouchers they provided us along with getting the room fixed right away the next morning was handled greatly and made my birthday weekend a success afterall. Location is good as it's just a short drive to many points of interest in the OC.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Smelt to much like cleaning stuff in the room but the girl...

Smelt to much like cleaning stuff in the room but the girl who helped me at the front desk mad some of my bad day go away. She gave excellent service.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

Will never go again.

1. There's a charge to park your own car.. 2. There's a charge for water. REALLY!!! 3. Plumbing made noise all night. 4. You can hear the neighbor very clearly thru the walls.

Very beautiful place, but beauty isn't everything.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Very pleasant stay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The service at the hotel restaurant was very unpleasant. The waitress was very short. And wouldn't take time to listen to my needs. Very quick to take care of me and go take care of someone else. Which didn't get me taken care of.

The facility was nice. The staff was great! They gave me more than one cookie when I asked. Wonderful staff!

Great staff.

Pool was underwhelming

Clean facility, staff was pleasant and accommodating

Nice area not to far from the beach
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Parking space a little to tight

It was very relaxing.
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Would have like bathrobes in room.

Everything about the facility and staff was top drawer. Thank you.

The cleanliness of the hotel.
    • King Room with Pull-Out Chair - Non-Smoking

The cleanliness of the hotel.

The room.

Parking, cleanliness of the hallway

The room.was.comfortable

the twenty dollars for parking

the twenty dollars for parking

Immediately upon my arrival, I pulled back the comforter and found bed bugs.

Bed begs!

Everything about it was great

Parking

Everything about it was great

What I need , they can prepare it with good .

No, only no microwave.

What I need , they can prepare it with good .

Location to events attending was convenient.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had some difficulty getting room cleaned on one day of stay.

Location was convenient.

I love everything about this hotel will be coming back! Highly recommend to anyone!

Loved it all

I love everything about this hotel ! Perfect hotel for the right price !

Buffet, coffee, comfort,
    • King Room with Pull-Out Chair - Non-Smoking

No parking when we got back it 9pm, and had to park across from hotel.

Buffet, coffee, comfort,

Nice hotel, friendly staff and very close to the freeway.

Parking was expensive.

Nice hotel, friendly staff and very close to the freeway.

I didn't like the fact of paying for parking.

I didn't like the fact of paying for parking.

Pay for the parking

Pay for the parking

Expensive
    • King Room with Pull-Out Chair - Non-Smoking

The prices for everything is very expensive

The food

Hospitality

Hospitality

Very comfortable and good location

Price

Little expensive for continental breakfast buffet

Nice hotel, but noisy room
    • King Room with Pull-Out Chair - Non-Smoking

Maybe a little bit too isolated.

The area it was in was quiet.

Very nice
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our first room was close to the laundry room and was noise but they changed us room

Not more than 15 channels tv

Not more than 15 channels tv

Excellent service !

N/a

Excellent service !!

Overall it is good to be there

Car park

Near airport

Double tree.

There are two close and ended up at wrong one first. Parking was limited.

Great location. Staff was friendly and very nice accommodations.

Good enough to sleep
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The entrance to the underground parking and the entrance to the front of the hotel.