Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Spokane City Center 4 stars

322 North Spokane Falls Court, Spokane, WA 99201, USA

#24 of 37 hotels in Spokane

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The Starbucks coffee stand did not taste anything like Starbucks. It wasn't terrible, just not the best. Add $20 to your room price for parking.

Best hotel and experience for the money. Clean, good food, great service, safe and close to everything!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

No microwave and had to pay for parking.

Well, to begin with there was no microwave, but a refrigerator. Breakfast was not included but parking on property was extra. We had a corner room that had extra space, nice. The room was quiet. The room was also clean and a nice shower head. Close to food and drink. River walk just out the back door, if they had a back door.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

Our room was literally falling apart. Nails and screws were coming out of the molding and ceiling. Big stain in the middle of the carpet. Also the tub was stained and didn't drain well so I wore my flip flops while I showered.

The staff was AMAZING!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

Thin walls. Can listen in on conversations in next room. Have to pay for breakfast. Self parking at $17 per day.

Friendly and helpful desk staff. Location.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Hot tub outside, rather cool for a hot tub and jets underpowered. Some staff not very friendly. No continental breakfast, restraunts in hotel VERY over priced. Had to pay for parking.

It was close to the riverfront

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The desk person who checked us in - I didn't know that if I booked through a 2nd party, my membership association would not be attached to the room. She sort of made a big deal about this. She wasn't snotty, but I think she could have done something. The clincher was that we would have to pay for wi-fi because of this. I don't think it would have killed her to let us have the wifi.

The locations and the room.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

Arriving a little early (after 3:30 pm) we inquired to see if our room happened to be ready. We were told we would get a text message when our room was ready. So we took advantage of parking and luggage concierge. After 5:20 pm, we came back to check on our room since we were needing to get ready for our dinner reservation and did not receive any communication that it was.

The excellent location made walking around Spokane ideal.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

The bathtub had hair in it and was very shallow.The food prices were outrageous for poor food. The parking is horrible and not worth the $17.00 a day.

I liked how close it was to the convention center. Also, I like the espresso stand near the lobby.The staff is delightful.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No thing. Gave away our room after being in contact with the staff. Arrived to find out, they gave away our room. Had to drive back home at midnight, 2.5 hr drive.

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

My reservation was not ready when I arrived, it took 2 hours for them to get a room reserved for me, after I was already there. Their customer service was shotty, at best. The pool is an outdoor pool, would have been great for the kids if they had it enclosed.

The location was perfect for our trip.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

The bathtub needs to be updated, and my mother was kept awake by the rowdy children on the floor

The room was rather nice, and check in was easy and stress free.

• King Bed Accessible Room

Had the customer service Manager not made my wife happy I’m not sure we would be back. An issue arose late at night and we called down in hopes that the front desk agent would be able to correct the problem but in turn we ended up feeling like we were the problem. We felt shamed and not cared about. After a few calls the next day my wife would like to give them another chance since we have always recommended this location to visiting family and have always been thanked. So hopefully our next trip will improve our feeling towards this great location

Spencer’s steak house was excellent. Looking forward to going back for a delicious steak

Staff was less than helpful, check in wasn’t friendly and the door was not opened once while I unloaded bags and loaded my own trolley, and while my wife carries our two sleeping children to a room we payed an outrageous amount for, with some expectation of good service. Not one person asked to help, yet there were 3 valets/doormen standing around. When they finally offered to charge me for valet service (after I had done all the work and heavy lifting/door opening myself) I declined and chose to self park and walk off my annoyance. The noise level in the hallway was ridiculously loud until about 2 am. Expect a little more class for an expensive Hilton property.

Nice big room, convenient location.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

way too many incidental fees .. 7.99 a day for wi-fi is way too much I was also charged $15 per day to park my own car in a garage where the security arm was up and nobody else paid!! it was a holiday .... Good thing we didn't want breakfast.. it was $18 per person for a bagel and fruit

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Booking.com did not have information to let me know that there is construction going on at the property

I like that I was able to speak to a live representative

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

The weather wasn't very nice so we didn't walk along the river much

The location. Being attached to the convention center was great! We had a short indoor walk to the convention center to watch the fitness show

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Charged for WiFi. Front desk person was curt and sarcastic when I told him it was strange to not provide WiiFi. Heating unit was very loud and kept waking me up.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Wasn't happy with the dog in the next room barking. Also there was mold in the shower. I think this property needs a makeover on their rooms. Went to the bar and was surprised it was $19.00 for 2 drinks. The people were amazing

The people were great. The location was amazing

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

You pay fees for everything: parking, pet, etc. with other hotels that we stayed the parking and pet fee was included and the hotels even had complimentary breakfast included in the daily rate we were paying.

Hotel was nice, staff was very friendly, room was great.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

You have to pay to park and you pay for WiFi. Both of which I think should be free for people staying in their hotel. The bed in our room was hard had as a rock! We didn’t sleep well and woke up very stiff and sore.

It was clean and good location

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our room was 189..We had a tiny room..the restaurant was very expensive. The atmosphere was stuffy and business.my experience last time at that hotel was great! Homey, reasonable, clean and comfy. We will never stay there again. I also learned that booking through a 3rd party cost you more money! The hotel itself cannot honour any discounts if used... definitely won't book with a third-party anymore

• King Room with River View

No choice in climate control. Thermostat was set. Also, I could have paid less by making the reservation directly with the hotel because they would have given me the AAA discount. Check and compare hotel and third party booking prices first.

Great bed, spacious room

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I am highly allergic to lavender and that was the only soap provided- it was the hand soap and the hair soap! When I asked house keeping they said that I would have to go buy soap. The morning we left my husband took a shower and the smoke alarm started going off and did for about 8 minutes. We never thought that steam would set it off. Finally two maintenance men arrived to tell us that the bathroom fan was not vented properly! I felt like the front desk people were not welcoming and the price to park was Very high! We were going to stay 2 nights and instead canceled the second night and went to the coeur de Alene Resort!

It was a place to sleep!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Gluten free items in the breakfast menu would be handy. I could only find one item. And there was a nasty looking stain on out room's side chair. Really shouldn't have seen that.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

You have to pay for wifi.... first hotel we have had to do this. The guy that checked us in did not actually look me in the eye once and was not helpful at all. No safe in the room.

Location was good, room was clean. Pool was clean and week kept.

• King Room with River View

NOT A BIG DEAL BUT TV AND REFRIGERATOR WERE BOTH UNPLUGGED. WE PULLED OUT THE DRESSER FROM WALL AND WAS ABLE TO PLUG BOTH BACK IN.

CLEAN AND FAIRLY UPDATED ROOMS. QUIET AT NIGHT.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My room was not cleaned one of the days. I also didn't like having to pay extra for parking, breakfast, and internet.

Location and proximity to Riverfront trail.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Coffeemaker stopped working on second night, couldn't brew tea.

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Bed was like a cloud and amazing. Spencer's Steaks & Chops restaurant was absolutely superb. I highly recommend the American Waygu steak. Hotel is situated in lovely central downtown Spokane location where walking distance was accessible to stores, movie theaters and other restaurants & bars. Loved the warm cookies.

• King Room with River View

The tubs get slippery, they needed to have an extra bar to hang onto in case you slip trying to get out of the tub. Likely should have gotten a shower only. I suggest they put in extra bars on the wall for getting out of those tubs. Outside of that everything was really nice and we LOVED the cookies.

The location, it was clean and friendly.

• Queen Room - Hearing Accessible

Although your site told me I'd have free wifi, they wanted to charge me. I didn't get the wifi. The room was very small the desk chair did not fit under the desk the carpets were stained and it was on the sixth floor. I asked for ground floor. i was told that it was because I booked with you that I did not get wifi, and treated us as if we were less appreciated guests. They also told us if we would have booked thru them we could have used our honors membership, but that we couldn't get points because we booked thru booking.com. It was not a good experience. They were not as customer service oriented as other Hilton properties.

I liked the location, as it was walking distance to restaurants, shopping and the river.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

Unclear instructions for booking with breakfast. Staff was unhelpful, would not accommodate requests. Staff somewhat surly, smart aleckey. Dining in cafe was very expensive, twice the cost of walking across the street. Restaurant in the hotel was outrageous, extremely expensive. It is actually a long walk to the park for our 90 year old grandmother, unexpectedly inconvenient. One of the most disappointing stays ever.

Room was comfortable

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Initially I was overcharged for the room, but the mistake was promptly corrected.

Very helpful staff. Easily corrected a mistake on my bill. Comfortable accommodations.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no vent in the bathroom so the smoke alarm went off at 6am when my son was in the shower. No microwave in the room, just one in the lobby. We stay here every year and the prices go up every year! The connecting door to the Convention Center did not open until 2pm and our event started at 9am.

The rooms are very clean, the beds were comfortable. Even the sheets and comforter were great quality. The staff was nice and helpful. We were able to get a roll away bed brought to our room and it was even better than expected. Conveniently connected to the Convention Center, where our event was taking place. And we love the fresh, yummy cookies at check-in

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

I'm very disappointed with my stay at Double Tree =, Hilton on Feb. 24 and 26, 2017. I will avoid stay with Hilton from now on. My experiences are as follows. 1. the receptionists at the front desk are ignorant. The receptionist asked for my ID to verify my reservation. With my driver license in her hand, she looked up her computer. shortly she said, "we don;t have your reservation with us." I asked her to looked both names, She then realized the first name and the last name were reversed in her screen. This is Hilton. The receptionist is this ignorant. I wonder if she did this in purpose to see my reaction. The next day I inquired about the check out time on my way out, another receptionist responded my question did not even look up, These two receptionists convinced me Hilton does not train their personnel, or Hilton just ignore the most basic skills in communication. #2. The facility has a good view. However, the building, elevators are tiny, and old, bathroom and the bathtub is tiny (mind you, I am quite skinny). comparable to the cheapest hotels around in America. If you don;t believe me, go check it out yourself. #3. The housing is sloppy, the heating system is too noisy to fall asleep. Besides, writing this review, 'i will contact the branch manager about this. To sum up, Hilton is represented by ignorant receptionists, sloppy house keeping (dirty water glass in the bathroom, a piece of scrap paper was visible as soon as I' entered the room!!). I wonder if I checked in Hilton or ???

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Expensive parking, Heater/air loud and difficult to regulate.

Location is great and staff was friendly. Like the idea that you have luggage carts for user convenience. Cookies are always a plus.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Premium King Room

Lol. It was cold that's all but the snow was nice to see.

Very comfortable place to stay rooms were very clean tidy and neat I had a great you loved it.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

Fan went on and off all night. Therefore a terrible sleep. Bathroom was too small. No mirror in room. Upgrades going on. Noisy, drilling into concrete. I am allergic to the dust!

Bed was comfy

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Expensive for how old facility is. Definitely in need of a remodel and updating. Wifi was intermittent

Location and friendly staff. Great fitness center! Buffet was good

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Room had small beds. Bathroom had hair on back of toilet seat, walls, floor and inside tub at different places. Comforter inside of sheets was either dirty or stained. Plastic covering pipes through the bathroom had yellow drip marks.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The fact I came with my paperwork and they had no reservation from you. Big concert in town. We were lucky to get a room.

That they made sure we had a room and less than what you quoted.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

The top of the bathroom faucet was missing and there was whiskers in it. Gross! Sink needed to be recaulked due to mildew/mold. The lighting was awful for putting on makeup. Small bathroom for the price they charge for the room.

The room was clean and smelled good. Nice location.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I did not receive the type of room that I had reserved and was put into a handicapped room which bothered me. The menu choices seemed quite expensive, without an affordable dinner option. I had problems every time I tried to access my email in the business center and was locked out of it. I was helped by two front desk associates who also had problems. Real coffee cups should be offered in the room.

The shuttle service drivers were very friendly and accommodating. The coffee bar is nice.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

I didn't like the steep parking charges sprung on me at time of payment. I asked at time of check in, if parking was included,was told yes, not so!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was dirty (stains on the carpet, the air conditioner was extremely dusty and hadn't been cleaned, there was mold in the shower, the toilet ran constantly). We left the next morning and received no apology for the condition of the room and was charged full price. Even after the manager contacted us,no resolution.

Location is ok.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They totally messed up with the amenity package for us by sending it to the wrong room...and didn't bother informing until I came down to inquire what happened. The rooms and particularly the washrooms are not 4 star at all and not up to a Hilton standard that you would expect. Pool is much smaller compared to the pictures that you see online.

Location was excellent, walkable to restaurants and nightlife and shopping

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Dated. Needs a face lift in the rooms. We were on the 14th floor which was our choice. A lot of money for something that was not a $200.00 room per night. Bathroom needs to be updated.

Liked the complimentary coffee and the water. The staff were excellent and very friendly and helpful. The pool was great which was the reason we went there for the weather. We liked the cookies at the entry and the water in the foyer each day as it changed from melon to cucumber etc. Unfortunately, the sun only shone around the building beginning at 11:00am at the pool. We had the pool virtually to ourselves. Excellent restaurants and shopping nearby.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

See above

Got there at 6:30 pm and our room wasn't ready yet . switched rooms and found the previous peoples wod of hair stuck to the side of the shower.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Check in personnel were very short, unfriendly and better with sorry can't help you. Excuse was always can't be of assistance regardless of the question. Need more training in customer service.

Our room was very comfortable and roomy (not cramped). The bed was so great; more firm than soft so slept very well. Location great!

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Premium King Room

My room was right on the stairs and I heard everyone that used the metal stairs every time. There was no table to sit and eat at or play a game on, there was a computer desk against the wall and a TV table situated on one wall in a way that made it only possible to watch if you were lying in bed.

Bed was nice.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• King Bed Accessible Room

Didn't like the breakfast eggs that were not "real" eggs, but they did make me a real one!

Handicapped room was wonderful, hotel great for walking to the park, restaurants, shopping.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

A male staff member would not honor our group discount with our baseball team and did not give us our breakfast passes either! There was no laundry service, out dated rooms, shower turned hot and cold, no fan in bathroom causing it to stay steamed up for a long time, the fan wouldn't stay on to drown out all the hallway noise and maid service did not make up the pull out couch!

The cookie and location

Beds a bit firm

Super location. wonderful stay!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

The location was the best. Very nice room. Very friendly staff.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - River View

Just a little worn, outdated carpet in rooms.

Great staff, beautiful location, friendly staff in restaurant, great poutine!

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The drinks in the bar are a little overpriced

The rooms are decent size,clean,comfortable they even had bathrobes witch I found nice

Good

• Two Queen Bed Room with Skyline View - High Floor

It was nice and clean

Have to pay for parking

• Two Queen Bed Room with Skyline View - High Floor

Paying for parking.

Friendly staff.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing. It was all great!

They are fantastic!! Asked for several special requests and they went above and beyond!!!

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

No fans in bathroom & small

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

You had to pay for wi-fi

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The surprise of the parking charge.

The location.

Old property

Room Heater was making noise throughout the night . Couldn’t sleep

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Softness of water in bathroom made rinsing difficult.

The sound of aircondtioning in the room

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very cozy while also being clean and fresh. The linens were great. I loved Coming back to the room at the end of each day.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The fab in the room didn’t work. The tv didn’t work half the time.

The breakfast was good and friendly.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Added parking expense, price of breakfast.

Bed was comfortable, warm cookie on arrival.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

bed hard, staff. rude and unhelpful. ate at the steakhouse the service was horrible and steak was super tough.

for price breakfast was too basic

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Beds were very comfortable.

parking was pricey

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Pay for parking Pay for breakfast RIP off!

Parking next door