Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Tallahassee 3 stars

101 South Adams Street, Tallahassee, FL 32301-7774, USA

#15 of 47 hotels in Tallahassee

For as much as we paid, we had absolutely no use of the pool...

For as much as we paid, we had absolutely no use of the pool due to a “private event”. Which was nothing more than young cheerleaders staying at the hotel. We paid equally as much to stay and should have had use of all of the hotels amenities. Very disappointing for our children.

Perfect location & room with a view!

It was pricey only because of grad weekend

We loved the view from our room? The beautiful historic area and location was perfect for FSU graduation-beautiful property!

The property was really nice and the location was great.

Had an issue with my booking and tried contacting the property 3 times. I left a voicemail all 3 times and no one ever returned my call.

The property was really nice and the location was great. Only a 5-10 minute drive from FSU but fair enough that you are not in the middle of all the students and activities.

Booking .
    • One King Access Shower Non Smoking

The cable was out all weekend and only had very few channels to watch

Booking .com was cheaper then booking thru Hilton even with all my hiton honor points

Went there for 1 night to tour Florida State for my daughter.

The lobby was recently renovated but the rooms are a bit older. Not much parking, had to valet our car but it wasn't expensive to do so.

Went there for 1 night to tour Florida State for my daughter. Blocks from FSU and 2 blocks from the Capital building- good location for either visit. Rooms were comfortable, a basic Double Tree experience. The beds were very comfortable and good pillows.

Comfortable

We arrived at 10.00 pm the roomer were put in at first shared a wall with the elevators it was awfully noisy. I complained and we were told they wee fully booked nothing but the same room on the floor above but we would not sleep through the noise I asked for a refund to go elsewhere and they found us a room away from elevator which was great I objected to being told because my flight was late we were placed in that crummy room when it was a prepaid booking

Very comfortable refurbished room nice location helpful girl on desk told us about parking meter outside saved us $20 parking fees

We used room service delivery.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Overall, the attention to detail and professionalism was not good. The maintenance staff were the most professional, courteous, apologetic, and responsive. They had to come to my room to replace a broken lightbulb. There was also a toilet that overflowed and they were quick to respond. I guess the water overflowed into the hallway and was not discovered until later that evening. They apologized as they cleaned it. There was a lot of repair/maintenance in the hotel that made the stay very noisy and unpleasant. The front desk staff never apologized or ask what they could do to make your stay more accommodating.The location was perfect. The restaurant was convenient and decent. I've stayed in many Double Trees and this was not the best, compared to most. I specifically picked the hotel, because it was a DoubleTree, but was not impressed.

We used room service delivery. Breakfast was good, but one milk was forgotten. Kids had some kind of ice cream and cookie dessert in evening. It wasn't explained well over the phone, but it was a large portion.

Won't be back to this particular hotel
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The front desk staff was short and unhelpful. My room had construction happening in it ALL day and night. The toilet ran every 12 minutes and every 30 minutes it sounded like the pipes in the wall were opening up a portal to another dimension. Preventing any possibilities of sleep. I finally got them to let me switch rooms. The front desk staff pretended like they had never heard this complaint about my room prior to me and blew off my complaint for the first two nights. The next morning another guest was complaining about the SAME issue and the front desk was also unhelpful to them and pretended to still have never heard that issue before although they were fully aware since it was the same girl I spoke to. When I switched rooms they gave me the wrong key to a room another family was staying in!!! I walked in on other guests in their room! The hot water didn't work in my second room and to get semi warm water they said I had to turn on the sink then the shower and let it run for 30-45 minutes. No offer of a discount or additional accommodation. Not a cheap hotel for the week and definitely not the service or care a traveling guest should receive. While there I booked three other vacations and was sure they were not affiliated with the Hilton hotels that's how unenjoyable the staff and thoughtfulness was at this hotel.

I liked how close the hotel was to the Capitol making morning commute easy to walk to. Valet parking was nice and convenient. The attached restaurant Jacobs was reasonably priced and delicious and a full service Starbucks on sight was very much appreciated.

This hotel exceeded my expectations and was much better (in my opinion than the Aloft).

3 minor things: 1)the ac in room 1104 worked well but blew right on the person sleeping closest to the window; 2)the toilet was not bolted to the wall and banged against the wall when you sat on it; and, 3)Free parking would be great!

Really liked the location, the free bottled waters and complimentary cookies. Also liked the 3 available computers plus free printing. Lastly, we stayed in room 1104 which was beautifully renovated!

Good, could be improved.

Someone tapping on other doors on the floor late at night (after midnight and early in the morning too) woke me up. I couldn't figure out why it happened over a dozen times, people coming and going. No white noise in the room, so you can hear everything in the hallway. Bed way too hard.

Nice front desk and restaurant staff, beautiful lobby.

I would absolutely stay here again because of the bed and the view of the capital.

The bathroom was very small when me and my spouse needed to be in there at once.

The bed was amazing I thought I was on a cloud. The view was of the state capitol.

Will never book at another Hilton property again.

Everything else. This hotel has apparently been due for a renovation for decades. It is appalling to pay Doubletree price for a Motel 6 room. Hilton should be ashamed. Pics on Internet of course make it look better, although a bit dated, but come on! Also, room was dirty..bathroom stunk, mold in grout, red food spots on ceiling. The lighting was dim and depressing. Hallway was the same. I will be contacting Hilton Rewards to get out of program. Should have been charged $75 at best.

staff was very nice, bed was good, shower strong...but everything else was awful.

Obnoxious

Check-in attendant gave me a different room than what I booked on Booking.com. Never told me until I walked into the room. When I called she said it was because I booked through a third party?

The locations

very good stay

safety concern just outside of the hotel. I walked to the park just steps from the hotel in the evening and felt unsafe.

Service was good and the room was very clean.

The cookies
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Decor was hideous! Lobby was out of Alice in Wonderland. Pool surrounded by lumpy soggy artificial turf. Parking very confusing and poorly executed.

The cookies

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Great location when attending Florida State University events
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bathroom is very small with the door just able to slip past the toilet. We were located next to the ice machine so maybe our bathroom was smaller than other rooms. Because of the location next to bars and restaurants, I could hear bands playing until closing time. The 2nd night we just put the AC on fan the whole night and that drowned out the bar noise.

We chose to stay at this hotel because our son was visiting FSU for preview. The hotel is just minutes away from the FSU campus. We were able to walk to restaurants that FSU students go to. Room service was convenient for breakfast since we were in a hurry to attend FSU events. Our room had 2 queen beds and was a nice size. It also had a refrigerator. There is an attached parking garage that is paid parking, but for the location that is expected. I would highly recommend this hotel when visiting FSU. It is a nice hotel and the location can't be beat.

Being able to park free on the street.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Construction around the hotel.

Being able to park free on the street.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Amazing stay! I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

I didn't like that my stay was so short!

The staff was friendly and accommodating! I had a great stay and wish I could have stayed longer.

I will come back.

Really comfy beds. Very clean. Wonderful Staff.

Hair in the bathroom;
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hair in the bathroom; room location was very noisy, could hear staff and ice machine day and night

It was comfortable, everyone was so nice

The hotel was gorgeous

Good place to stay although it was noisy early due to construction on the property.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Unfortunately there's construction going on and was noisy early.

could have been better

did not get the room that we paid for. the the breakfast buffet was cold

It was convenient, cost efficient & comfortable. My husband loves the warm cookies!

I asked in my online check-in for foam pillows & they weren't provided. It was

Proximity to the capital.

A/C vents point directly toward the beds making it a bit...

A/C vents point directly toward the beds making it a bit uncomfortable to sleep at night. Adjustable vents would be great.

Great location if going to the capital. Very close and the staff is great. Noise is unbearable
    • One King Access Shower Non Smoking

building is undergoing renovation and very noisy

Staff was outstanding could not have been nicer A+

The beauty of the building

Parking was a tight fit.

The beauty of the building

Staff was better than the best.

Staff was better than the best.

Great Southern breakfast!

My wife could not check in until I personally appeared to show my id.

Great Southern breakfast!

Unaccomadating staff

Unacommadating staff. Property is old and dated. Loud room Poor experience overall. Wouldn't go back.

Need a gathering lounge area away from front doors

Need a gathering lounge area away from front doors

Room

Construction

Room

It was a pleasant stay overall.

The air conditioner vents blow directly on to the beds. I found this uncomfortable. Also, the beds could be updated. They sink a nil.

Decor thruout hotel looks like nightclub

Decor thruout hotel looks like nightclub

Great cookies in Tally
    • One King Access Shower Non Smoking

Clean. Well kept. Great staff. Very comfortable.

Very nice renovated hotel.
    • One King Access Shower Non Smoking

Parking fees, and the lighting in the rooms was a bit dark.

Everyone was extremely nice, attentive, and helpful.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Okay

No plug in bathroom!

Employees friendly

Email statement

I need an email statement from you.

Staff is what made this hotel rate so high...period.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking costs, crazy high.

Staff...outstanding!

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

This was a stopover to split our journey to Atlanta.

What we hadn't realised is that this is probably quite a popular hotel for folks flying early from Tallahassee airport, meaning plenty of early noise in the corridors. When combined with the dreaded ice machine close to our room, I'm afraid we slept very poorly, not what you want ahead of a long drive. That has adversely influenced our score, so ask for a room further away from the ice machine and you'll probably be fine.

This was a stopover to split our journey to Atlanta. As such it was fine, easy to find, on site parking at reasonable cost ($8). Nice views over the city from our room on 9th floor, complimentary cookies on arrival and eating recommendations offered despite the hotel having its own restaurant. Pool looked nice, although we didn't take advantage. Situated near the capitol buildings, a smart but strangely soulless area, but a good restaurant (Andrew's) just across the road made for a pleasant evening. Staff pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2016

Beautiful lights at entry and cool lobby.

room with view of parking garage. Our drapes opened literally to the side of a car. If we had a door instead of a window I could have opened the car door and sat down. And speaking of parking garages, the parking spaces were so tight and the turns so sharp from floor to floor it seems hazardous to park in there.

Beautiful lights at entry and cool lobby.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2016

The only thing good about this hotel was the bar tender, the...

Kids screaming and running down the hall way at 6am with no parental supervision. Called the front the desk they did nothing. and most what I hated about this hotel is that charged me three time form the room and I am still fighting to get my money back.

The only thing good about this hotel was the bar tender, the restaurant manager and the location.

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

The location is good.

The check in staff was not familiar with Booking.Com's policy of pay when you stay. They charged the stay to our credit card before we arrived. I explained to the young lady we would be paying cash. She informed me it had already been charged to the cc. I ask for the manager who also seemed confused but was finally able to figure out how to credit our card and take my cash payment. A cluster!!!

The location is good. We were in town for the fsu game.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2015

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The decoration is eclectic, different and nice. The main entrance is very nice and have a nice view to an open space with a fountain and beautiful trees. Also a very good bar and restaurant next door. Nice view to downtown from the room.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2015

Excellent location, price, convenience to FSU, comfort,...

Would have liked a microwave in the room, access to pool (under construction), and bar/lounge for drinks/meeting people.

Excellent location, price, convenience to FSU, comfort, cleanliness, & free coffee. Roomwas nicely decorated, furniture was also nice, mattress was outstanding, and ac worked well.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2015

Location and ability to book online at a good price made it...

Construction in lobby without proper signage was confusing.

Location and ability to book online at a good price made it better than other hotels that I frequently use.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2016

Valet parking.

There was nothing I disliked. Comfortable experience.

Valet parking. Hotel design.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

Location close to FSU

Bathroom was a bit rundown

Location close to FSU

• Reviewed: 21 April 2016

Very friendly and helpful staff

Including breakfast in the price would have been good

Very friendly and helpful staff Excellent value

• Reviewed: 8 April 2016

no refrigerator in the room.

no refrigerator in the room.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2016

Comfortable bed, very quiet, good location, good breakfast,...

Comfortable bed, very quiet, good location, good breakfast, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 9 March 2016

Loved the welcome cookies!

No complaints

Loved the welcome cookies! Very comfortable bed. Enough wash cloths & towels. Friendly & helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

This hotel definitely gives off an air of elegance.

This hotel definitely gives off an air of elegance. Our room was immaculate and all the staff were very nice, cheerful and helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

Location, room service, cleanliness, parking garage

Location, room service, cleanliness, parking garage

• Reviewed: 6 January 2016

We liked the friendly reception with cookies and the room.

There were noises coming from the elevator we guess.

We liked the friendly reception with cookies and the room.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2015

We got exactly what we wanted and more.

We got exactly what we wanted and more. The handicap room was a real handicap room with roll in shower.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2015

Nothing really

Way too overpriced! I've stayed in way nicer hotels with more friendlier stuff! Its the brand they charge you for

Nothing really

• Reviewed: 4 November 2015

Neither my nor myself like the look of the rehab that is in...

Neither my nor myself like the look of the rehab that is in progress compared to the look of the hotel 2 years ago.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2015

Bathroom was dated and not as clean as I wish it could have...

Bathroom was dated and not as clean as I wish it could have been

• Reviewed: 15 July 2015

Staff

Parking arrangements and bed covering.

Staff

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

Was waken up in the middle of the night with an alarm sound...

Was waken up in the middle of the night with an alarm sound that lasted for 20 minutes

• Reviewed: 28 April 2015

Great beds, good size rooms

Extensive construction and men staring at my daughter was not pleasant

Great beds, good size rooms

• Reviewed: 22 April 2015

Did not clean room construction on floor was horrible

Did not clean room construction on floor was horrible

• Reviewed: 11 January 2015

The cookie!

The cookie!

There are also 48 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.