Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Torrance - South Bay 3 stars

21333 Hawthorne Boulevard, Torrance, CA 90503, USA

#8 of 18 hotels in Torrance

It was a lovely property, and we had a great stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were in the smaller 4 story building, and there was no ice machine in the entire building. We had to go outside, across the property and up an elevator to the 2nd floor just to get ice. The balconies have no chairs, which is odd. The walls were very thin-we could hear people speaking at normal volume very easily right next door.

The front desk staff were great. The room itself was very nice. Beds were comfortable and room was clean. The restaurant for breakfast was very good. And the pool and hot tub were outstanding. The cookie they give you at check in was delicious and a lovely touch. Free ample parking, and lots to do within walking distance of the hotel.

Could have been a little cheaper when you could get a king suit for the same price 15 minutes away

The creek around the pool, the beds were comfy, the coffee maker in the room, room service was quick.

Excellent stay, highly reccomendable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Upgraded to a refurbished room on the 10th floor. Super comfy bed, very clean room, very quiet with views across to the mall which was one of the reasons we chose this location having been there before.

1) Entrance area music was too loud.

1) Room size

1) Entrance area music was too loud. 2) Elevator door should be different color to give us the attention. 3) Simple free breakfast should be include.

Good time!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Food at New Year's Eve party was underwhelming ....some appetizers were dry, bread was just ok, prime rib was overlooked and potatoes tasted fake. But the service was fabulous! I understand the large crowd and have to say the service was very prompt, but the chef could have done somethings a little better.

Venue for New Years Eve party was great. Staff was great...exceptionally good.

Stayed there out of necessity last minute and ended up enjoying myself so much!

I liked everything!

The room was very nice and clean. The bed was super comfortable. The shower was amazing! In room dining was very good and reasonably priced. The staff were friendly and helpful always.

Nice lobby area with infused ice water available.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Pleased with our stay. Only thing would have been nice to have Peet's Coffee open the morning we left which is right near lobby area.

Nice lobby area with infused ice water available. Booked room online literally 15 minutes before we got there. Easy check-in with a bonus warm chocolate chip cookie for everyone. Helpful employees guided us to elevator and kept it open for us to get our luggage. Room was cozy with a balcony overlooking pool. Comfortable beds. Clean bathroom with hairdryer. Would definitely stay here again.

Influenced to come here because of my Houston Texas Double Tree experience!

See above'

I like the bath soap, strong hot water and the towel size. However, when l closed the door Esp. When using the toilet ... there was dirt on the base board. It had been there for years.,, it was very brown. Maybe the cleaner cleans with the door open and had many baths to clean. No deduction from my enjoyment or overall rating.

Been coming here for years,won't be coming again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Check in was at 3pm. We arrived at 345 and were told room wasn't ready,it would take 30 minutes. They were kind enough to offer drink vouchers,took our bags so we didn't have to carry them to the car again,very nice about everything. We got one of the newly renovated rooms. Very nice but the bathroom door now is a sliding glass door. You can't see through it but you can kind of see your shadow on the other side. I would have preferred an actual door.

Staff was great. So helpful and polite.

Good enough
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room and bathroom were very small. The AC fan was either full blast or off; it was hard to regulate the room temperature.

Yes the eggs were great, the bed very comfy. Staff were very accommodating.

I love the double tree hotel. Wish it was a little quieter.

It was very noisy when trying to rest up during the day for activities that were planned for the evening. The refrigerator got very hot inside of the cabinet.

The rooms were very clean and location was great. Staff is very friendly.

The manager handled a room issue professionally.
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

Either booking.com or the hotel messed up our reservation. We reserved a double room for 6 people and when we arrived, we were offered a room for 4 people only. However, when I talked to the manager, he was able to accomodate us.

The manager handled a room issue professionally. He accomodated us accordingly. The morning shift restaurant staff were very professional and polite.

Dissatisfied

Booked through booking.com for a king bed..Was suppose have king bed but put in a room in a queen bed on the 4th floor. Room was very small. Score of 1-10 my rate 4. My request was handicap parking, 1st floor. Clerk assumed handicap room also, that we did not ask for...very disappointed..

A fair location. Close to shopping

Close to the airport

Narrow beds.

It is located near to the airport, there is also shopping mall near by. I would say this hotel is more focused on a business travellers. It had nice swimming pool and they gave us warm cookies as a welcome gift. The hotel is being renovated.

remodeled but needs practicality
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cabinet doors that cover 3 small drawers are ridiculously difficult to open. Door "circle" handle on bathroom sliding door is too shallow to get fingers in enough to pull door open.

Great friendly staff. Rooms have in room safes. Good counter areas in room & bathroom.

Swimming pool was nice!

Rooms at 2nd floor very small and a/c very noisy and Right in front of the window. Prices are overrated for old infrastructure.

Swimming pool was nice!

Good place to stay for business in the area
    • Non-Smoking Executive King Room

The desk chair was on its last legs, pretty broken down and uncomfortable.

The swimming pool is very nice, and the hot tub us even nicer! The room is big and the two sets of doors from the sitting room, to the bathroom/closet area and the bedroom make it ideal for traveling with a group. The sunken bathtub was pretty nice to soak in.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Terrible Experience!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They should have disclosed that they are in the middle of remodeling! It's noisy and dusty. My stay was to recuperate from a surgery! I couldn't sleep at all! I requested a room on 5th floor or higher when I made the reservation. The staff's excuse was that I didn't book directly with them & they couldn't guarantee what I asked for!!! I had to argue with her in order to stay at 5th floor!! But the room was right in front of the elevator & it was noisy! Furthermore, the room has very poor sound proof! Every time someone from the room next to me turned on the faucet, flush the toilet, or take a shower; I can hear them!!!

Location and parking.

The only thing I didn't like is that the desk chair was...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing I didn't like is that the desk chair was way too big so it didn't leave a lot of space to walk by. It was an inconvenience. The water pressure in the shower was really low as well. Other than that everything was great

I loved the hotel.

The room temperature was too cold then too warm. I preferred a room on a higher floor than the 2nd floor, however, the front desk clerk stated they were renovating on the higher floors and may be a little more noisy durine the day. He gave me a choice, which I appreciate that. We were just fine on the 2nd floor. There weren't very many outlets to plug in my charger. One other thing, the pool area was surrounded by way too many trees blocking the sun and being in an enclosed area, if was a bit colder while sitting. But it did not detour me from enjoying the pool, which again was great!

I loved the hotel. Check in was easy. The front desk clerk was friendly, professional, and signed me up to be a Hilton members. Loved the warm cookies and complimentary bottled water. Absolutely loved the pool. It was bigger than I thought, so that was a plus. The jacuzzi was very relaxing. My boys were with me during the day and enjoyed the pool as well. The hotel was very clean. Room service was fast and good. Vending machine was very reasonable $1.25 Plenty of free parking which was great. I read a lot of the reviews which stated the hotel is outdated and not modern and so on. Yes, it may need a little facelift, however, it was clean and nic, and they are giving it the facelift. I can't wait to see the end results. I would definitely come back.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Poor coordination with online booking service.
    • King Room - Smoking

Poor coordination with online booking service. Bad initial and follow up response by desk personnel, but very good treatment by on-duty manager. If I had followed the instructions of the desk personnel, I would have been charged for the room and then been wandering around trying to find a hotel that had a vacancy. Only after I persisted and got someone who would really listen to what I was saying, did I get help.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Good Location but pricey.

Room was a little dated for price but they are renovating as I comment. WiFi had very poor coverage, my phone kept disconnecting in the bar area so I used 4G instead.

Good location, nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Good hotel but not for stay over the night

It's expensive, if you're going to spend the night over in LA so you will take another flight then stay in a hotel nearby LAX, but if you're staying for more days, this could be a good choice, still, keep looking. I would stay here again if I were to be in LA for more than 2 days, otherwise I would pay less for a hotel nearby LAX and the quality would be the same

Room was big, I would have preferred a single bed but having twins was not so bad. Close to the airport and I got a cookie when I arrived

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Convenient for location of my meeting

For the price the room was satisfactory. I thought that I was going to have the same type of room from my previous stay.

Great Staff, and the complimentary cookies were delicious.

Not happy--should've stayed at Marriott.
    • Non-Smoking Executive King Room

Room was filthy. Carpet made my socks black and there was crap or chocolate chips all over the phone. Lobby was full of a team of volleyball players in their gym clothes using their gym voices. Parents and coaches didn't care. And unfortunately staff didn't either. I did. After driving six hours, I didn't appreciate it when the rowdy teens yelled right in my ear. And when I asked them to keep it down, my bad, their rude coaches said they were just having a conversation. Lol and I'm just a unicorn!!! Send the girls outside while you check in and let them party away but don't allow them to interfere with check-in with other guests who are tired. After all it was 10pm and I was exhausted!!! Didn't appreciate having to deal with overly loud and competitive people ready to kick ass!!!

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Good night's sleep
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Closet space was small. No cups in the bathroom -- they were in the closet.

Room was clean; Bed was comfortable; Staff was very friendly and helpful. Great location. Cookies were delicious!

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Basic comfort in Torrance
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bar, lobby areas are old fashioned and not interesting. The gym is fine but walking outside was not fun as it was raining and cold.

Nice hotel, clean and comfortable. The coffee bar in the lobby is a plus.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Fabu location, pool, and customer courtesy
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Desk chairs not suitable for short statured people who may also have some medical concerns with seating.. There was not a suitable swivel type desk chair in the house! With help from the corporate office, someone scouted me up something suitable, but it took considerable effort and patience on my part. Property needs some serious update and renovation. I think it's on the Hilton list.

Pool was fabulous. 1) Extra long 50ft good for lap swimming! Yea! Chemistry was best I've had yet...salt water. Kind to skin and suits. Pool personnel and vendors were top rate with customer courtesy and expertise. Glenn Yoshimura front desk stood on his head for me. Restaurant personnel allowed me to toase my own bread for grab -n go, no charge! Café allowed me to use microwave. Convenience really counts with me!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Definitely will stay there again! Thank you for accomodating our requests!
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast..... the food was too greasy. Service was great thou...

The welcome chocolate chip cookies and the water provided at the front desk were great!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

We were staying there for a Birthday party we were out late...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were staying there for a Birthday party we were out late forgot to put out do not disturb. Maid service knocking on the door in early morning. Then put out the do not disturb and they were back knocking on door before the check out time with the do not disturb on the door. Frustrating.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Decent clean hotel in safe part of LA, mall just in front of...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms relatively small, carpets should be replaced but in general nothing really of concern in this hotel.

Decent clean hotel in safe part of LA, mall just in front of the hotel crossing the street and lot of restaurants within walking distance. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Not what i thought it would be
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

I dnt lie the the old worn out furniture i dnt like the cleanliness i didnt like the staff yhey seem irritated.....wasnt what i thought i would be ......and the housekeeper came in without knocking

I didnt like much didnt feel like the staff wanted me there

terrible m embarrassing ...I can tell the clerk did not want me to stay there worst service I ever g
    • Non-Smoking Executive King Room

nothing resort kept declining my debit card tho I had the funds

I would stay there again.
    • Non-Smoking Executive King Room

The internet connection sucks.

Great location, clean hotel, friendly and polite staff.

Everything was excellent!

Everything was excellent!

The best

Exceptionally clean, staff friendly, location was perfect

Everything and the cookies is awesome

Everything and the cookies is awesome

The room to smaller

The lobby

Great stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The iron in my room did not function properly.

Great Southbay location

Excellent experience, classy

Na

Didn’t try it

Outstanding

Loved everything

The new shower

clean,quite and a good neighborhood
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

best hotel that I have stayed in thus far

Clean but noisy

The noise of another rooms on my floor

Very nice and clean

A good getaway on a budget
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

People in other rooms were very loud.

It was near everything you need in a daily basis.

Good

Bed sheets was not clean

The overall look

Always enjoy my stays at the Doubletree!
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Everything! This is an outstanding hotel!

nice staycation, close to places to eat and things to do
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

very clean. modern amenities. pool open !!!!

New Rooms and Bathrooms

New Rooms and Bathrooms Small gym and great pool

Pleasant and relaxing.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Always love the hot, fresh cookies at the front desk. Whoever came up with that's a genius.

Location, location..5 minutes to the beach
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The air conditioner was kinda loud and they could use some more lounge chairs at the pool.

The bed so very soft!

Everything is wonderful and this hotel.

Everything is wonderful and this hotel. I've already stayed a few times. Maybe a little less in pricing.

good location, near the shopping mall.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

good location, near the shopping mall.

Extremely disappointed with our stay. Expensive room which was tired and very noisey with AC.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Noisey air conditioning. Very tired room. Very tiny bathroom. Unable to use pool facilities

Location great. Friendly staff. Comfortable bed

For our needs the location was ideal.

Lack of free wifi.

For our needs the location was ideal. New rooms were clean and modern. Pool was nice.

The bed was amazing!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was amazing!!! And those warm cookies, to die for!!!!

Amazing staff! Fantastic hotel!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Michelle on staff was absolutely phenomenal!!!! The beds and pillows are amazing!

Great Hotel!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The cost was a little high.

Clean comfortable beds with balcony, and the pool outside area.

Water quality

good enough
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

trash can so few. not enough ac outlet for charging electronics

Does a job.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The hotel was a little 'tired' and is in need of modernisation especially the bedrooms.

Location to the airport.

Very comfortable

I wanted another cookie

I loved the whole atmosphere. Also the water pressure was great

Great stay

Everyone was accommodating.

The location was really convenient for all the places we visited.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Free parking and convenient location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Free parking and convenient location. Cookies are a nice touch.

Location, free parking
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

If you don't eat pork you shouldn't buy breakfast. Almost everything includes bacon.

Location, free parking

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

The staff was very accommodating and upgraded our room to a...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was very accommodating and upgraded our room to a suite because we were staying 4 nights. Room was perfect for our family.

Wonderful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Location and close to everything

Location and easy to park Very close distance to hotel entrance

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Hotel rooms are very run down and old
    • Non-Smoking Two-Room Suite

Hotel rooms are very run down and old

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Very comfortable stay,friendly staff and convenient location
    • Double Room - Disability Access

Friendly service and check in delicious cookies

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

The hotel had a leak and there was a lot of noise early in...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel had a leak and there was a lot of noise early in the morning with banging noise

Cookies!

Cookies!

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Nice staff and great local

Less close to construction

Nice staff

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

The staff was very attentive and friendly.

Older property, needs to be upgraded, outlets in room minimal and hard to find.

The staff was very attentive and friendly.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Kindness of staff members.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Kindness of staff members.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Convinient
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The size of the bathroom was very small.

The staff was very pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016