Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Tucson-Reid Park 3 stars

445 South Alvernon Way, Tucson, AZ 85711, USA

#45 of 103 hotels in Tucson

Pleasant place to stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Reception staff were very friendly. The room was clean and comfortable and the view onto the courtyard/swimming pool was pleasant. The room service breakfast was on time and tasty.

Excellent restaurant food and staff, room was clean and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room service closed before 11:00 pm.

Excellent restaurant food and staff, room was clean and comfy. All at a great price!! Reflects the excellence of Hilton Hotels!

although the bathroom was very pretty, the actual use of the...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Roll-In Shower/Non-Smoking

although the bathroom was very pretty, the actual use of the sink and the shower area were impractical. Water got everywhere and two of us had to use it. It was messy.

Loved the idea of the wet bathroom (completely tiled) .

Didn’t like how far we had to walk to our outside room, I actually thought I’d be staying inside the hotel

Loved the idea of the wet bathroom (completely tiled) .

Room was comfortable
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Roll-In Shower/Non-Smoking

Door opened to street...not what I expected. Water was off 1 morning for an hour. Pool wasn’t opened. Pool construction workers parked trucks and blocked driveway. Just not what I expected from Hilton.

Adequate, but not outstanding.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

pool was closed and that was not advertised until we walked in. My wife was really looking forward to a swim. Breakfast was crowded and somewhat expensive if not on a business trip.

staff was very friendly and helpful. facilities were clean and well kept, and parking was adequate no matter what time you returned from going out.

Was disappointed in the pool not being open and no...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Was disappointed in the pool not being open and no consolation for that. Included breakfast would have eased my disappointment and confirmed my next booking at this property.

I´ve been staying here for years. But lately it´s been dusty, dirty, lack of ammenities and services
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms are not maintained right. Too old and dusty. Air conditioning not working. And I booked a double room at the tower and when i signed in they had me at the casitas and at first not even a double room, just a double bed room.

Bed was comfortable

Thoroughly enjoyable.

Some necessary construction, inside and outside. However, we were advised of this on their website, so it was not a surprise.

Easy access from freeway, easy to find. Beautiful grounds, separate small building, very quiet and restful. Nearby complete shopping mall and recreation facilities (park, golf, zoo, baseball stadium, etc.). A great choice!

The room was clean and the location was easy to find.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was nothing that I would change.

The room was clean and the location was easy to find. This would be a wonderful place for families when the pool area is remodeled.

Disappointed!

There was a musty smell in the room that was horrible! I was so tired that I was not in the mood to make start complaining. I am just the type that will endure and will not come back nor use the service that got me there! The pool and the hot tub were both not working! Should have been disclosed upon booking!

The cookies were a great treat! The overall cleanliness was good. The property was in good condition!

It was fine, but I don't think I will stay here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was in disrepair, with patches of the stucco walls gone and it looks like there have been leaks and feels very damp and moldy - and the pool and jacuzzi were closed and as Hilton Honors member, I was not notified.

The rooms were clean and beds were comfortable

Enjoyed our stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a dead branch on the tree in front of our patio which obstructed out view. It is low and can be cut. Also, we had planned to play tennis on the courts...but, no nets!

Our bed was very comfy and we loved the orange tree outside our patio. And, the weather was outstanding!! The cleaning staff was wonderful and our room was perfect!

usual besides my comments

As I made my check out, the lady in the reception insist that Booking should give me an invoice and not the Hotel. Nothing could have changed her position so I left without an invoice. Please take care for this weird attitude and send me an invoice as soon as you can.

It was okay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The AC in our room was not working. The walls were very thin, can hear thr neighbors as if they were in the room. The pillows were very very very uncomfortable My parents room smelled of mildew. The hotel was more of a motel, with external rooms not inside the main tower area. Long walk to the rooms if in the motel like room

The room was overall, pretty clean

Your property was a great representation of what I expect from Double Tree
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing, my stay was great

Ryan at the front desk definitely put a smile on my face when I checked in, how fortunate you are to have such a wonderful person represent your property! The room was wonderful, the bed was very comfortable

Fantastic / southwest setting
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast Buffett was hot and plentiful. Complimentary shuttle to U of A was helpful! Pool & hot tub was relaxing after a long day of touring U of A, totally southwest feel with orange & grapefruit trees on the property.

Not 100% satisfied

The hotel is far for everything, I got a room near the parking, with partial view to the back of a mini garden, no elevator so I carry myself the baggage to the second floor, not sure why they give me this room as the hotel seemed empty, I just stayed 1 night so I did not complaint, the closest restaurant is at 20min walk in empty streets you would not like to walk . You definitely need a car to move from there, better to look something close the University if you do not have a car I would say.

We have stayed here before and will probably do so again.

The distance from the main building.

The room was great. Would have like to be in the main building but we were told everything was full. Come to find out a lot of rooms were cancelled.

Seen better days.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Faulty shower in room when I arrived after long flight was frustrating and unnecessary. Hotel did find me another room but it was a much longer walk. Gave me a breakfast coupon to make up for it. Overall hotel was a bit shabby and unloved.

the staff refused to provide receipt because the reservation...

the staff refused to provide receipt because the reservation was made through booking. made reservation for two rooms, but the staff arranged different room type without explaining why they did so. welcome cookie was not provided to every guest. the refund of security deposit is very slow. i don’t think this hotel is friendly.

Not worth the money.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Musty smelling room. Outdated decor. Noisy at 3 am with what sounded like critters moving around. Hairs left in bathtub. And a dripping faucet.

Location was good.

Pleasant place, but don't trust the accounting.

After I checked out with a zero balance, a mysterious charge for over $100 appeared on my credit card. It took several calls and two weeks before it was removed with no explanation or apology. I will not stay at that hotel again.

Location, comfortable room, landscaped grounds

A clean and comfortable place to stay at a reasonable rate in south-central Tucson.

The hallway on the Hilton Honors floor was not air conditioned and was extremely stuffy. However, the room's AC was fine. There was a $50 hold on our credit card for incidentals (which is standard) but we weren't told about it beforehand and it was not charged until the middle of the night (well after check-in). We know this because we got a text alert from the credit card company in the middle of the night (which is not especially conducive to a good night's sleep). The north parking lot was not well-lit (but should be).

Overall, it was a nice property....clean, friendly, efficient staff, quiet... Onsite restaurants (2) are nice, although we did not use them. The hotel's location was okay (near a park and zoo) but not within walking distance of restaurants or bars. Our room was great and everything was functional and clean. The 12 noon check-out time was appreciated. So were the check-in cookies.

Family friendly
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wifi is slow and intermittent.

I love the fact that the hotel offers pool towels at the pool, the property has a large beautiful pool. I also loved the sliding door that opens to your own private balcony and the fact that you can park your car outside your room. The expansive lawns on the property is great for toddlers to run around on.

Great Experience Overall
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We loved the property....fabulous pool area and beautiful palm trees. It is hard to find a nice place that allows dogs... and actually has plenty of grassy areas to walk him. The staff was great, especially the maid, Patsy. We ate at both restaurants and loved the complimentary cookies.

Warmly welcomed with fresh cookies!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room seemed a little dark, as well as, the lobby. But lobby was big and they had some sort of pasta event that smelled delicious -- unfortunately we did not receive that notification. Lights in one section of the pool went out -- so everyone had to leave the pool area.

Warmly welcomed with fresh cookies! Bathroom looked newly remodeled and up to date. Room was very clean. Easy check in and check out. Fairly close to U of A. Pool area was nice.

Breakfast is terrible and it isn't free.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is terrible and it isn't free. They said because I booked through you I didn't get breakfast free which isn't what I was looking for!!

Nothing on site for children to do.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing on site for children to do. The pool was closed for a chemical treatment for hours one afternoon and there was no other activities for the children.

It was koo I guess I enjoyed it
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We went there to go swimming yet we couldn't swim for one day it sucked but oh well I'll live and so will my kids

Parking,room,lobby, elevator, area, 7thfloor

Beautiful little paradise

N.A.

I loved the pool/hot tub and courtyard...it was like a little paradise. The parking was very convenient. The staff was friendly and very helpful.

had a great time, will be back!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

customer service was great, staff was always available to help, loved the complimentary shuttle service, great shopping center s and restaurants near by , hotel was very quiet, great selection of products in the gift shop .

Good value for money.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wi-Fi along the pool didn't work. In the room is was sketchy. Room could benefit from some more maintenance. Many loose hooks, fixtures, light switches, etc.

Very nice pool, jacuzzi, fitness center.

There is only elevator service in the main building of hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There is only elevator service in the main building of hotel. The other rooms are in separate buildings with two floors and outside stairwells and ice machines.

Sorry to say I won't be coming back there anytime soon!

I didn't like that the rooms next to me we're able to call into my room at all hours of the night reguesting lighters or matches. The drawers to the dresser that is in the room was broken and I found myself walking by it several times bumping into it and when I pushed it back in it would come right back out.

Great place, definitely recommend!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The accommodations were awesome and there was not a feeling of being smothered by the staff, great location as well, right in the middle of everything!

Beautiful hotel clean and comfortable rooms

There's not really anything we didn't like but you can spend a lot of money staying in this hotel

You wouldn't think from the surrounding streets that the location would be as nice as it really is but one of the best rooms we've stayed in in Arizona

Beside us not having a view I definitley would book at this hotel again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The view when we open the windows in the morning we did have any. The other guest downstairs from us had a patio setting so early in the morning they were talking a bit loud.

We were park next to a police car with K9 so we felt safe.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Worst experience ever!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our sink vomited 4 times. Was constantly overflowing with septic water. Maintenance was in our room at 10pm with shop vac, our room flooded and carpet was soaked!! Midnight Security came and brought us towels so we can soak up another overflow. Then 7am maintenance was back with buckets and towels because sink pipes were gushing water. We couldn't use bathroom sink at all!! Constantly full of septic water!!! We had towels all over the floor and our stuff got wet!! At least manager comped us. We checked out much earlier than planned :(

Didn't go to restaurant. Wanted to leave asap. Pool and gourmet cookies were great!

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

We will stay with you whenever we come through Tucson az

We ate 2-3 times in the bar restaurant, but only once in the formal dining area, I was disappointed in the food choices, i was wanting a good steak that night, also I thought overall the chef could put together some more interesting choices.

Breakfast buffet was great, rooms very comfortable,, loved the bathrooms, grounds are beautiful.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Friendly, responsive staff - including housekeeping.

Room faced north which meant it was in constant shade - no sun on our deck. The AC/heat air duct in our room 181) generated executive dust causing eye and threat irritation. While hotel maintenance did check this - the problem was not resolved. Night time temps were in the 40's - but we were not able to use the heat system.

Friendly, responsive staff - including housekeeping. Privacy of room good. Housekeeping most cooperative.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

The staff were friendly and helpful, and I appreciated the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The wifi was free, however in order to access it I needed to join the Hilton Honors Club. This wasn't a big issue, but I would have appreciated this being made clear before I booked.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and I appreciated the free cookie at check-in! My room was clean and spacious and had good facilities. I loved the coffee maker and used it every morning! I also used the gym every day and it was well equipped; the only issue was that one of the two treadmills needed to be serviced, so no-one could manage more than a brisk walk on it. The location was away from the centre of town, but perfect for what I required. There was ample parking on-site, and I never had trouble finding a parking spot day or night.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

I hope to get back.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I would have preferred a piece of paper explaining how to sign in to the free WiFi. Being given only the password and a few verbal words did not do it for me.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

This was a very pleasant stay, clean everything,showing up in details of staff courtesy and helpfuln
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bring back the "Citron" brand of shampoo and conditioner, we miss that about Doubletree. Otherwise no whole lot could be done without moving the $$$ needle higher.

The room opens into a large courtyard with a well manicured and maintained lawn. Citrus trees shade all the rooms on the ground floors and semitropical vegetation adorns much of the area near the restaurant. All of this is a main attraction and contributor of the ambience. All of the other amenities were on par with other Hilton properties, Marriott, Hyatt, and Omni chains. Very comfortable and pleasant in the room. Complimentary cookies keep getting better.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Nice place to stay in a very quiet area.

Our first check-in clerk was a man of few words. Not unpleasant or anything, but not very personable. The others were just fine.

The $10 continental breakfast was full of good cold food, but it included hot, cooked oatmeal that was just delicious. I understand that the hotel was recently renovated, and it actually felt brand new.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Location was good to the Tucson convention center which is...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were in the casitas in the back of the hotel was dark the room needed updating had an old musty smell to it and the sheets did not fit the bed kept popping off all night took a while for the heater to turn on and the ice machine was in a different building

Location was good to the Tucson convention center which is what we needed staff was helpful and friendly bed was comfortable bathroom was roomy it was clean

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

The front desk staff was very friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was not very clean. The restaurant did not have coffee at 8:30 pm and server did not want you make any. There were kids yelling up and down the hall as there was a soccer tournament.

The front desk staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Did not get the room I reserved.
    • Casita Suite - Non-Smoking

I reserved and paid for a casita suite for the family. When I arrived was told the suite was down for the duration of my entire stay (2 days) due to problems with the A/C unit. Was stuck in a double queen room and had to double up with kids and grandma. Would have rated much higher if not for this bad experience.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Price was right and we will stay again in your hotel
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Roll-In Shower/Non-Smoking

We asked for more towels and nothing arrived. The people at the reception and at the bar were smiling but not really listening to guests. They were doing their job and not more. A computer would do the same.

The price and what we got for. Price was right

Great hotel, Great price!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our mini fridge was broken and the rooms AC was on but did not cool the room at all. The staff was very nice when we brought it to their atteenton. Ann at the front desk was so incredibly understanding and took care of us right away. Ann will be the reason we return!

Very clean and friendly

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Reasonably priced hotel in central location

Could have had better media services. There weren't many channels to choose from and there wasn't a pay-per-view movie service.

The fitness facility was clean and had multiple machines for use. The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Good value
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Needed more directional signs on the grounds. We ended up taking a long route from the lobby back around the grounds and some of the wings to our room

The grounds were very nice. The park nearby and the mall with restaurants was convenient.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

I always know DoubleTree will have quality rooms and services.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Roll-In Shower/Non-Smoking

I could have used a microwave in my room.

My room was as spotless as always. Room service was superb as usual. Check in was easy and the check in staff was polite and helpful. The refrigerator was nice to have.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Beautiful pool area - wish we could have made use of it.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had two rooms and ours smelled horrible. Like a cat had urinated in it. The smell cleared out when the windows were open and the A/C was on. We didn't have a problem with the location but questioned why all parking lot entrances except the front were gated and locked after a certain time.

Beautiful pool area - wish we could have made use of it. Enjoy the on-site mexican restaurant.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Clean and comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Thin walls. So I wouldn't stay in the back rooms again, probably the new section up front

The beds were comfortable and the room was clean, the staff was also very welcoming

Nice place

WiFi was hard to connect

Staff was very polite and helpful when we arrived. The bartender Carrie was awesome and our waitress at the restaurant that night was great.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room smelled like mildew. The place was rundown and not worth the money. It's more like 2 stars. The air conditioning didn't work in first room we were in. After unpacking we had to move. I would never stay here again.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

The location was good

I didn't like the when we arrive the front desk wasn't as friendly the other staff. And when I asked if there was any complementary breakfast or dinner he answers with an attitude. He was rude.

The location was good

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Okay stay for the price
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Roll-In Shower/Non-Smoking

There were toenail clippings and hair clearly visible in the bathroom. When I saw that it just made me disgusted and I was unable to get comepletely comfortable during my stay.

I love the cookies they give. The hotel was fairly close to the university.

Clean Rooms

Air conditioner didn't work very well. Rooms felt humid, had to go buy a fan in the middle of the night so I could get comfortable.

Rooms where very clean. A few other family members stayed at the same hotel and the staff was able to get the whole group in the same general area.

The girl at the front desk was awesome!

That part of Tucson is not very nice. But it was next to the golf course which I think is probably one of the better spots in south Tucson. And there was trash outside of our hotel room.

The girl at the front desk was awesome! Knowledgeable and very courteous. Our room was nice and clean.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Horrible Experience for Last Minute stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Upon arrival found dog feces in first room, we were moved. Broken shower handle, sink faucet literally pulled out of base when turning on. We had no idea "pet friendly" meant every single room was available to pets, which meant horrible allergies for me. If you want to stay somewhere with your pet by all means check into this location, but be warned it is like staying in a kennel.

There was nothing to like about this property in my opinion

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Very happy we chose this hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The parking was a little confusing out front but there was additional space on the other side.

The location was beautiful. The room was clean and comfortable. The employees were friendly & smiling.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Keith Sweat!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Being that we were two women traveling alone we would have preferred a room in the main hotel or at least one of the rooms in the inner area of the hotel as opposed to the rooms on the outskirts of the hotel. Also I was charged $4.32 for a bottle of water that we did not open or drink. There was only one bottle in the refrigerator when we were moved to room 294.

Room attendants were very nice and thorough in their duties.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

The front desk accommodated free breakfasts even though I...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hallway carpet on the 2nd floor needs cleaning!!

The front desk accommodated free breakfasts even though I didn't book them after all. Top notch customer service.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

A loss on our tournament but a Win on our hotel choice!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff was very friendly and helpful with direction to our sons tournament. After a long day in the sun the comfortable room and warm pool was an A plus and always fabulous cookies.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Pool was great!

The overwhelming smell of garlic at happy hour. It was too much. The hotel restaurant was closed and the food in the other restaurant was fair.

Pool was great! Location was also great for us!

No 24 hour pool but that is okay.

No 24 hour pool but that is okay.

The staff was friendly and the location is great..

Staff was friendly and helpful.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was bigger than expected.

Ok
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Roll-In Shower/Non-Smoking

The smell in the rooms like a musty mold wet sewer smell coming from the vents. People very loud at 0230 am in the morning.

The pool

Not the best

It needs serious up dating, not the cleanest

a perfect weeken get away!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was wonderful, the location was excellent, will definitely be back

Not very plea
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No continental breakfest, not much for kids to do except swim

Workers were nice

Front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was great, and room service was speedy.