Reviews of The Darcy Washington D.C., Curio Collection By Hilton 4 stars

#124 of 138 hotels in Washington

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Good location.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

Good location. Great value. Large bedroom and sitting room. Plenty of space. Really helpful staff particularly Gabriela at the front desk. I would highly recommend this hotel

Annivery stay
    • Queen Room with Tqo Queen Beds and City View - Mobility Access

I like that there was a Keurig coffee maker in the room but supplies weren't replenished our entire stay. The shampoo was a big bottle but so diluted with water it wouldn't make suds, good thing I brought my own.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff and the bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Very disappointed with the extra charges at the Hilton, which spoilt our stay.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking was extremely expensive $59USD per day for guests. WiFi was only free in the lobby area. If you wanted to use WiFi in the rooms there was a change of $9.99USD per day.

Newly refurbished hotel with comfortable beds and rooms.

Good location, nice hotel
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Breakfast was available from a cafe that is joined onto the hotel, the service was slow and the food was overpriced for what you got.

The staff member on reception at check in was very welcoming and friendly. The hotel itself was very modern and clean.

A perfect stay!

Nothing I didn’t like so keep up the good work!

The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom and amenities were super. Loved the in-room tea and coffee facilities and particularly loved the happy hour drinks in the afternoon especially after coming back from a very hot day exploring DC so thank you.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Daily 1/2 hour gin tasting a good way to meet other...
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

They did not give us much info on arrival - like map or where nearest metro stop was . Also same gin every evening - would have been nice to ring changes.

Daily 1/2 hour gin tasting a good way to meet other people staying there. Quiet neighbourhood and central to all areas of the city, albeit 15 -30 minute walk. Nice touches like umbrellas

The stay was amazing. The staff super friendly and welcoming. Great location!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel has valet parking available for a fee. I can't remember if the fee was $50 or $60. If you choose not to have valet parking, there is street parking with meters. It is $2.50 per hour. On Sundays, street parking is free. It can be hard to find a parking spot.

Upon arrival, the staff was super friendly. We arrived hours before check in and the staff immediately accommodated us as a room was available. The room was very clean. The fridge was stocked with alcohol but if you decide to consume any of it you will be charged. The same goes for the snacks and water provided on the desk. The location of the hotel is within walking distance to some of the monuments. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from the White House. We didn't know this until the end of our stay but if it's rainy and you want to walk to the monuments, the hotel will provide you with an umbrella. Overall experience at the hotel..it was great!

Good Overall Stay and would stay again
    • Premier King Studio Suite

Too much stuff in the fridge, I wanted to put some coke/water in there but the hotel packed it with items to sell

The location was good - not too far away from many things

Great three day visit to the capital
    • King Room - Mobility Accessible

Room coffee only had decaf - cleaning staff did not stock correctly.

Great location, very nice hotel and commendations. The restaurant manager always made a point of saying hello and checking to see how everything was and in one instance fixed an issue instantly - extremely service minded!

It looked pretty nice in the lobby but the modern look the...
    • Superior King Room with City View

They didn’t have anything cheap not even a microwave to warm up carry out.

It looked pretty nice in the lobby but the modern look the rooms had I wasn’t going for.

A lovely hotel with extra friendly staff and in a good position for a visit to DC.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The air conditioning in the rooms is NOISY.... and, though the temperature was maintained, the room felt constantly damp making the drying of "smalls" quite impossible as well as allowing towels to dry after use.

The hotel was excellent re our expectations though the bathroom is rather small [especially for our extended family of 4 in the 2 QS room. Having said that, towels were changed daily which helped alleviate the "congestion" in the small space. The area in which the hotel is situated is "friendly" and the front of house staff, particularly caring, especially considering the very hot days during our stay.

Great hotel, pity about the staff
    • King Room with City View- Hearing Accessible

A bit pretentious Staff seemed to make an error with a room upgrade, and then tried to cover their tracks a bit by sneaking us into our actual room Staff in general were not great Coffee shop was pretty poor for the cost too...much better options near by

Rooms were really comfortable and clean Facilities were great also Location is perfect for tourists and business people alike

Convenient and sophisticated

The shampoo and conditioner are bottled. Those aren't prepared in small portion.

The room is clean, comfortable and right size. The smell of shampoo and conditioner is good and my type. Especially, the softness of bed is excellent.

A nice hotel with a very comfortable bed, great bathroom and super location!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and with City View

The only problem I had in the room was the coffee maker refused to work. Luckily there is a coffe/breakfast place on ground level. We tried appetizers and a cocktail at the seafood restaurant located on the property and found the pour very skimpy but the food nice.

Well located for a quick stroll to the White House or DuPont Circle. Really nice bathroom for one a bit smaller than some. Hallways were quirky with a cool 70’s vibe. Don’t think old it’s just different and fun.

Brought my two kids 19 and 21 for one night to see DC. The hotels location is fantastic.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The cleaning staff knocked on our door three times to see when we were leaving and that was at 9am. Checkout is at 12, just thought it was a little bothersome, they were very nice about it though.

The hotel is within walking distance to Whole Foods and a great restaurant called Commissary. We walked to the Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial but you could get a bike and make the trip faster. I loved the hotel and the beds were so comfortable.

Beautiful and convenient location.

There were dirty dishes and house cleaning left the back hallway doors open near my room everyday so I could see the stacks of dirty linens & dirty dishes. Very unsightly and not hygienic

Beautiful and convenient location. Love the coffee shop!

I would stay here again but don’t think I would go through booking.com
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It would have been less stressful to have a confirmed room.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. When we arrived and gave them my confirmation they did not have anything in their computer. However they graciously provided us with a room. The first room had a leak and when we called they immediately brought us keys to another room.

Good location!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There is no breakfast in hotel it has to be bought next door which is not great! There is a very expensive restaurant 'Siren" in hotel. Staff should be more friendly and professional.

Great location. Expensive valet parking. Ok staff.

The hotel is right in the center of attractions

We were a little nervous about the valet. We pulled in around 11 at night and the valet asked if we were checking out. After making it clear that we were checking in, we handed him the key. When we asked to open the trunk for our bags, he couldn't figure out which button to press. He nervously laughed about it and my boyfriend ended up having to show him the button on the key fob. I had to ask if he was ok to drive the car, he again laughed nervously and said yes, ofcourse. Upon check out, everything was fine..but the encounter was on my mind during our entire stay. I wanted to relax and enjoy our time away from home but I was a bit anxious over this. Room service. We ordered it one afternoon and it turned into a disaster. An hour and a half later, our grilled cheeses and soup never came. We called the kitchen 3 times to see what was going on and they couldn't hear us through our room phone. We called the front desk and they couldn't hear us either. Thankfully the front desk called us and upon asking where the food was, they said that they would have to find out. We get a knock on the door thinking it's the food...nope. someone from the kitchen came up to say that the kitchen got swamped and she forgot to tell them our order. She forgot. Call the front desk, they take it off our bill. Food comes but it was the wrong food! We were so hungry that we didn't even care to complain about it...they gave us two complimentary desserts which was very much appreciated. I'm not sure that we would stay here again to be honest, we ordered $18 panino grilled cheeses and fell into a rabbit hole of bad events. Thanks to the front desk people though who were more than willing to make ammends.

The hotel is right in the center of attractions

Friendly and helpful.
    • King Room - Mobility Accessible

It could have had a bath not just a shower Could have had real milk in the room Could have had more breakfast options

Friendly and helpful. You could open the window.Flying an LGBTQ flag (though not a specifically gay place - l am straight myself). Coffee machine in the room

The design was fun and playful.
    • King Room with City View- Hearing Accessible

The staff was a little rude but I think that’s pretty common for DC. Service workers are just not the friendliest. For the value, I think I’d be better off staying elsewhere in the future.

The design was fun and playful.

Well located, spacious and comfortable rooms, excellent customer service
    • Premier King Studio Suite with City View

I was a little disappointed at having to pay for wifi, especially as the hotel markets itself as (among other things) a great option for business travellers.

The room was great, the bed was super comfy and I loved the free signature gin cocktail on offer in the bar each early evening. The staff were also all super accommodating, right from arrival through to check out. Room service was quick, efficient and reasonably priced.

Stay was ok but a bit pricey; Valet guys gotta go!
    • King Room with City View- Hearing Accessible

Valet parking guys are waaay to pushy (!!!); Bathroom was on the smaller side; Coffee maker in the room didnt work; Lobby bar closed before midnight; I was awakened by housekeeping at 8 AM and despite the fact that I told them to go away, they still entered my room (thank god for the mechanical latch on the doot!); Receptionist had no idea that 1616 Rhode Island Ave was 1 block away from 1515 Rhode Island Ave. She told me it was very far. How stupid you gotta be!!! For 300 dollars per night it was a bit expensive (I booked it several weeks in advance). The room provided a bathrobe but no slippers. I would have rather had slippers and walk around the room in PJs than having to walk on the hotel carpet barefoot!

I liked the property (stylish, modern) and the location was 1 block away from where I had to conduct business. A lot of snacks and drinks in the room. Good minibar!

Great location!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We didn't get great restaurant recommendations from the staff. I would have expected a list of suggestions or at least a few good ones.

The location of this hotel was the best part. We could easily walk to the Mall, the metro, or a city bike share rack. It was also really close to a grocery store and many restaurants.

overrated hotel
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

no served breakfast, only takeout overpriced parking noisy rooms (outside ventilators of kitchen) staff does not use service elevators old facility that has been popped up

very friendly staff

Decor was fun, location was good, staff were very nice.

The room doors. They easily slam shut making a really loud and startling noise at night.

Decor was fun, location was good, staff were very nice. Cafe had great food. Bartender was fun.

Very good price for money!

Our room was facing the backyard where the restaurant/hotel ventilation systems are located and we were having quite some noise in our room also during the night.

Comfortable hotel in a very central location! Clean rooms and kind hotel staff.

Very good for business and would be an excellent base for tourism too.
    • Superior King Room with City View

I did find the restaurant service lacking one evening, the waiter was a bit offhand in not letting me sit with a friend at a table in the restaurant area near the bar to have a drink, even though the restaurant was empty and all the bar stools were occupied. He showed us a bar table right next to the quite loud (but good) live music, and should have been more helpful. That does not change my rating though - these things happen.

Very convenient for downtown and tourist Washington, the White House is literally a walk down the street in front of the hotel (16th Street), about 15 minutes maximum. The hotel is friendly, door staff very helpful with taxis. It is a good hotel, great location, and excellent value.

great bar and common areas.

This day and age, free wifi is required. No one wants to be charged for it. It seems petty. The lobby wifi is free and available throughout the building, but a guest could fail to realize that and end up paying to use another hotel network. The hotel should just make all networks free.

great bar and common areas. good gym.

nonre
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

Front door (people at the front door just seeking how they can make money )not caring a bout the arrival to the hotel spend more than 8 hrs driving and being exhausted they have a leverage to advantage from the guest .

People at the front door do not speak English very well. Front desk should be at least nice looking staff. Parking was so expensive . Coffee Machine was not good . I did my reservation on line ,the WebSite was not clear to explain parking.

Trendy hotel in a great location
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It is unacceptable that such kind of hotels do not offer free wi-fi.

Very modern, trendy hotel. Great value for the price you pay. Location is excellent, short walk to downtown and to restaurants at 14th street.

The beds were comfortable and the room is modern and up to...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bathroom was extremely small. We did not get any housekeeping our entire stay (3 nights). Valet parking was a hassle and was actually $60 a night instead of $50. The hotel is nice, but not worth what I paid.

The beds were comfortable and the room is modern and up to date.

Fabulous, convenient hotel to stay at in Washington.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Could have done with more milk being left in rooms!!

The friendliness of the staff was outstanding. Everyone we came in to contact with was extremely pleasant and looked very happy in their daily job. Complimentary gin tasted was a lovely gesture. Rooms and cleanliness of hotel superb

In room phones did not work.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with City View

In room phones did not work. TV's did not work the first night. The hotel lobby was freezing. Rooms tended to be cold. Smell of marijuana smoke from room next door.

It's a lovely location and hotel with extremely talented and helpful staff who go out of their way

No microwave, exorbitant prices for pre filled fridge, no spa, no whirlpool, no pool

The Cafe was lovely serving fresh wholesome foods. Staff was beyond helpful, beds were comfortable. Would have love a spa or a pool. Doormen ate outstanding securing transpersonal. Super stock where a candy bar was 6$when a7/11 was 1 block away. Stay away from the prohibitive costly items. I had n empty mine so no temptation. Went to concurrence store & filled fridge cheap. Annoyed no micro wave. Good tv&audio quality. Very central to all of DC. Recommend going to 9.30 club for hottest music in DC. Love the breakfast coupons

Great location in DC!

I had an incredible weekend in D.C. and we were upgraded to a nice suite, but the daily housekeeping left a lot to be desired. We had drinks the first evening we arrives (Thursday) and the glasses we drank from remained in our room until Monday at checkout. We had to request more tissue (bath and nose) along with extra lotion, as ours weren't refilled daily. The coffee from the espresso machine was great the first day, but again, never refilled, nor was the creamer and sugar packets, so that was useless and we ended up having to buy coffee elsewhere. The thermostat in our room didn't work until the final day of our trip. Overall, the mattresses and comfort of the room were excellent, especially for the price and location, but the little things were definitely overlooked. *The bar downstairs had amazing drinks and great service! Our bartenders were fabulous and their outfits were to die for! :)

Excellent hotel - ideally located & close to transportation + Whole Foods - for working travelers.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The hotel restaurant is pretty pricey and the television system was down + does not offer Netflix in addition to Hulu etc...that I did not subscribe to.

A really nice hotel in the heart of Washington, DC, and ideally located for tourists and business travelers. The Darcy is just a couple of blocks away from a Whole Foods Market--for people like me who like to eat well but without breaking the bank -- so I could have fresh fish, tasty vegetables, fruit, and real yogurt at Whole Foods for about $25 instead of paying upwards of $60 for much less at the hotel restaurant or restaurants nearby. I was disappointed that the television system was down that evening and also that The Darcy does not offer Netflix along with the other programs. All in all, it was a really good hotel with some minor issues (just for that trip).

It was a pleasant experience, the staff were friendly, the...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

The fact the wireless connection is a supplimentary was a bit disappointing..

It was a pleasant experience, the staff were friendly, the room was nicely decorated and clean and the Lil B’s cafe that was adjacent to the hotel was the cherry on top (the savory scones is a must try!)..

Great staff, location, bar and restaurant and rooms very comfortable! Great value for money.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The bar staff were a little grumpy, and we weren't told on check-in about the free drinks offered 5-7pm!!!

Staff were great, rooms were comfortable, massive TVs! Nice bar and restaurant - the bar food we had was absolutely delicious, as was the wine! Great coffee bar next door. Lovely very helpful door man, and Manager exceedingly professional. Excellent location with the Whitehouse within walking distance and very nice restaurants and bars within 5 minutes walk. Excellent value for money!

Nice, modern boutique hotel.

Room, specifically the bathroom, was very small. Paid almost $1,000 & didn't think it was worth that much.

Nice, modern boutique hotel. Good location, fairly close to everything.

Overall great to place stay. I will definitely rebook next time I am in DC.
    • King Room with City View- Hearing Accessible

24HR room service was not true. Ordered a press pot of coffee which took over 1 hr 45 minutes to receive by that time I had already gotten coffee from the coffee shop next door. It was comped but I would suggest they change the 24hr advertisement to the true time they have staff available to fulfill the orders.

Great location. It was a few blocks from the Metro and had plenty of dining options in the immediate area. Staff was very pleasant.

Worst 10 hours of my life.

We arrived at 2:30 am and they gave us the room until 4am 😡. They claimed Booking.com lost the reservation but even though we called and booking.com was super attentive and called them straight back they ignored the call and took 2 hours until the recognized what happed. Worst customer service ever, I had only 5 hours to sleep and they took 2. I thought Hilton was a guarantee but I guess not. I’m super disappointed. Then they gave us a room that was 5 rooms away from the lift and at every step it made a little sound it was sooooo frustrating why do they have a DING it’s a hotel!! People are supposed to be there to sleep.

The lobby’s interior design

"A Curio Hotel" means twice the cost at half the space.

The bathroom was like a closet and EVERY SINGLE horizontal space was taken up with items that The Darcy was trying to sell. There was absolutely no counter space and toiletries had to be set up outside of the bathroom.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

They cheated me

I'm so disappointed with this hotel, or even more, angry. It's ashaming. I've just discovered that I've been charged an extra amount of $200 on my debit card the same day I arrived. When I call to ask for an explanation they tell me that it was "just in case" I took something from the minibar or the room. What?? I've been in a milion hotels and it's the first time I see this, altough the recepcionist says that it is a common practice. I don't remember having been told about this when I made the reservation, ir having agreeded with it. On top of that, after the first night we left the room in the morning and when we arrived at night they haven't cleaned it! We decided to skip it... Not recommendable at all.

Beautiful hotel, amazing staff! I'll be back.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

No coffee maker in the room, I love my coffee first thing in the morning and don't like having to go down to the lobby for coffee (even though its far superior than anything you can make in a room). The last day housekeeping never came and it took over 3 hours to get fresh towels. Pretty minor, but inconvenient. They also just re-opened so some hiccup is expected.

The newly designed hotel is beautiful! Both the common areas and rooms are very well done and welcoming. My city view rooms was spacious, well designed and comfortable, oh and the beds are amazing. Location is very close to everything I wanted to be near. Moments to Logan Circle, Dupont Circle, basically walked everywhere this trip (I wasn't here for sightseeing but relaxing). The staff are very friendly and attentive; which is really the most critical part of a hotel. Definitely coming back.

Our room was quiet and bed was very comfortable.

Our room was quiet and bed was very comfortable. Small bathroom. Would have liked another set of towels. Did not eat or drink there. Opening a breakfast place soon. great location.

cleaness and staffs attitude

bit far from center

cleaness and staffs attitude

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Great location and very nice rooms!

Breakfast was not included.

Great location and very nice rooms!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Perfect hotel
    • King Room Mobility/Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

Great hotel - Great staff - Great location
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Late cleaning of the room. And lack of filling up with extra coffee and creamers. Expensive parking!

Great hotel - Great staff - Great location

Amazing stay
    • Superior King Room with City View

Loved the rooms, location and service

Excellent customer service, location was good and hotel was...
    • Premier King Studio Suite with City View

Excellent customer service, location was good and hotel was lovely. Thank you for a great stay.

Location and decor lovely
    • Premier King Studio Suite

Terrible room service food and a lumpy sofa bed mattress

Location and decor lovely

In connecting rooms, the door between is like a curtain 😱...

In connecting rooms, the door between is like a curtain 😱 Let you enjoy life of your neighbor.....Non acceptable !

Good room!

The music is on whole day, I don’t see why.

Good room!

Room, comfortable bed

Expensive bottle water

Room, comfortable bed

Nice modern hotel

The room was a bit small

Nice modern hotel. The room was clean and had everything we needed.

Room was clean and air conditioning was good

Staff were very arrogant and not helpful or welcoming

Room was clean and air conditioning was good

Service was good.

Need to improve your air conditioning... it hits directly to the bed

Service was good..

Excellent!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and with City View

There was no Wifi in the room.

Walking distance to the White House and Memorials.

Overall we loved this hotel and will return here for sure.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Fan in the bathroom didn’t work.

Everything was great. Brianna was excellent with us.

Beautiful
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything. Clean, friendly, great location, nice beds and pillows!

Smallish room. Charged for WiFi Charged for parking

I have already booked to stay here again
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and with City View

Coffee Restaurant was not clean and not great

Hotel is Amazing as long as you are in a suite

Paid WIFI

Paid WIFI

Perfect Stay!

Nothing! Everything was wonderful at this hotel.

The room and facilities. The staff. The location. The food. The concierge. The cleanliness.

Good for people who enjoy sightseeing by walking

- Wouldn't recommend the in-house coffee shop - Fitness room limited but ok

- Modern facilities - Friendly staff

Memorial Day weekend.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

Air conditioning was overlay noisy

Location. Value for money. Staff

Great staff, great area, nice rooms, good price.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

Great staff, great area, nice rooms, good price.

For the price, WiFi should be free and valet was too...
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

For the price, WiFi should be free and valet was too expensive

Sad

Almost everything

Nothing much really

Coffee shop much too small for the size of the hotel

Coffee shop much too small for the size of the hotel

Close to the White House
    • Queen Room with Tqo Queen Beds and City View - Mobility Access

The airco is noisy and we weren’t able to turn it off.

Excellent location. Very good beds!

From the valet guys to the front desk people, everyone was...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

From the valet guys to the front desk people, everyone was very friendly and accommodating!