Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton West Palm Beach Airport 3 stars

1808 South Australian Avenue, West Palm Beach, FL 33409, USA

#16 of 32 hotels in West Palm Beach

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Check in out good. Had to ask for cookies when others were given them. Did not expect no free drink breakfasts at this Doubletree all others I have stayed included this in room cost.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Cannot think of any negatives.

The greeting was warm and welcoming. How can you pass up warm cookies?! The room was clean including the bathroom. The entire hotel had a fresh clean smell. Our early morning trip to the airport was a bit early for the regular shuttle. Instead they had a taxi ready and waiting what no charge to us.

Once I turned off the air conditioning, couldn’t get it back on, but it was cool that night anyways so no biggie

Good location near sunfest, reasonably priced, nice room with plenty of space to sit with friends

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Dissapointed with a member of restaurant staff on the 3 occasions that we used the facility. We had lived in America for a number of years and know how important tips are for staff and would always tip appropriatly. It was disappointing that the individual in question short changed us on one occasion and suggested on other occasions that she did not have change and would leave it over to us at a later time!!!! Whilst the short changing was only a couple of $ the overall experience was negative and resulted in us using other facilities.

Reception staff were really welcoming and helpful on arrival and also throughout our stay, nothing was a bother. Housekeeping and maintenance staff were pleasant and helpful. Access to laundry facilities was fantastic and it was great not to come home to suitcases filled with laundry

• Non-Smoking Junior Suite

Some of the maids could not speak English so it was hard to communicate with them.

I liked walking into the hotel and seeing the big beautiful chandelier. The hotel was spotless.

the mattress was too soft when asked to have a firmer mattress was told that's the only kind that they have .Was shocked to be told that a Hilton charging over $200.00 per night did not have a choice of mattress.Was offered the sofa bed which was worst.Was very disappointed I deserve a 50% discount for having to put up with that

the room was nice

• Non-Smoking Junior Suite

My wife loved the hot cookies. She could be there spokesperson. She did a video on Facebook live promoting the cookies and the Double tree Hotel. She even joined the Honors program. Please forward to Double Tree hotel they should view this Facebook live video. I am certain they would use it to promote the Hotel and the cookies. Great place to stay we would certainly recommend this hotel. 😊👍🏿

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The shuttle drivers were nasty and rude. The shuttle was not as consistent or convenient as they said when I called to make the reservation. When we called the front desk asking for the shuttle we would come down and the shuttle drivers would say that no one told them about the shuttle time and so we would have to wait, ehich made us late to the conference. So defiantly miss communication between front desk and shuttle.

The location was close to the convention center which is why we were there. The people who cleaned out room was really nice and left us extra soaps and stuff because we had used them so quickly so they observed we needed extra. That was very nice.

• Non-Smoking Junior Suite

The restaurant was nice for breakfast but the service was a little slow.

The bed was comfortable and the hotel was quite. The room service was prompt and the food was good.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Electricity off for 6 hrs. Elevator extremely slow. Stairs led to outside then had to come back in. Used stairs because of slowwww elevator

Bed was comfirtable

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

the bed was below average in comfort. the restaurant food did not come close to being as good as the menu described each entree. Pool was rather concrete and drab.

the staff were wonderful.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The check in clerk was a wise ass. To my wife. The bar /restaurant needs a complete makeover. The shuttle to pick us up at the airport was fantastic. Great people on that.

Lobby and the bed in the room

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

All good. My comment about the shuttle wasn't their fault. My plane was delayed so the shuttle had stopped running by the time I arrived.

I had a great experience at DoubleTree. I was there attending the Tony Robbins seminar and the hotel put on a free shuttle for the attendees. Awesome service.

The elevators take forever and could be updated. I wish breakfast was included for the price I paid. The room for one night is not worth over $200 in my opinion.

The room and hotel were pretty clean overall. The staff was friendly and efficient.

The hotel was very old fashioned,lack of security cameras,dryers in laundry facilities was broken,homeless people lingering around the property daily. Also the staff cater to airline staff guest. We didn't feel welcomed most of the time. Especially at check in. The guy that checked us in seemed to be in a rush to go home. Or a lunch break. Additionally the hotels restaurant was lacking staff alot and the food and drinks were expensive. But was very bad! The only reason we didn't cancel was because we didn't know the area and didn't want to end up in a worse hotel. the only thing good about this hotel is the shuttle. The drivers are all reliable and fun. especially Connie! Meanwhile the reason we booked that location was because we read that you could walk to city place within 12 blocks. Additionally we wanted to be close to shops and restaurants. The only thing around is a corporate office and another hotel down the road. It would be extremely dangerous to walk because it's on a busy highway and the sidewalks end in some spots. Additionally the shuttle only travels to the airport or City place. Also the shuttles last pickup from City place was 11:45 PM daily. Finally the hotel room we stayed in was a king suite but it was extremely small. Especially the bathroom! It was laughable how when you open the bathroom door it almost hits the toilet. We paid more than $200 per night expecting much better. It should be $100 per night maximum!

Location. But you need a car. Or you have to rely on the shuttle.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room was great, the service too. Little hard to find, the first time I drove by. The breakfast buffet is also very good. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

A bit difficult to get to, though there was a shuttle to airport and "City Place".

Reception staff were always very welcoming. Pleasant bar/restaurant area.

Very noisy on the highway side of the building, where I’m guessing they place discount bookings. My room was also right next to the elevators and ice machine on a nearly empty Friday night.

The room was clean and comfortable.

The bathroom was so small that you couldn't stand and close the door and the room service food was prompt, but mediocre quality at best.

The bed was super comfy and the staff was friendly.

• Non-Smoking Junior Suite

I can't find nothing negative to say about the hotel.

The staff were helpful and friendly... The hotel was clean and my room was way more comfortable than what I expected.I can't forget the warm chocolate chip cookie..... love it!!!

Breakfast was $13.95 per person that was a lot! They should at least give you 1 day free so if you like it you would want to pay the next day.

The hotel was very clean and the staff was very nice. Gave us cookies at anytime loved that. Our hotel room was super clean. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very affordable which usually it isn't but I'm glad i got to enjoy it. They should do more deals with great hotels like that so some people could e xperience these hotels and want to go there again.

• Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

One staff member was less than pleasant- though my kids were a little much. Still he was not a very friendly guy to my 2 y/o. Also, this location is probably one of my least favorite Doubletrees. Some of the clientele looked a little sketchy to me.

The space was good for the price. Close to the airport and stores. Check in was quick and easy.

No wifi signal in my room the entire six night stay despite reporting it to the front desk three times. The air conditioner was excessively loud. It was set on automatic but seldom turned off. Poor reception on serval TV channels.

Good value for the price I paid. Rooms are spacious, look newly renovated. Comfortable beds with quality pillows and linens. Located minutes away from major attractions, with easy access to I-95. Very professional, friendly staff. Plenty of free parking which cost $20.00 per day at other nearby hotels.

• Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

It is hard to see the sign for the hotel from the one side of the road. A tree blocks the sign.

coffee maker and coffee was great, very helpful and friendly staff.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

A C went out. Had to move to another room fast so they could resale the hot one unbelievable. I suffered thru the first night it went out. Didn't get offered a collie for my children the whole trip yet I noticed front desk staff leaving with about 9 little bags of them.

I have nothing to say negative about my stay.

Breakfast is great here although a little high money wise for the Buffett at 14 bucks. If you want there is an IHOP right around the corner. Rooms were nice and clean and shower was ample enough and clean also. The housekeeping ladies were very nice and accommodating and kept our room sanitized. Nice having a lounge there also!!!

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Our room was clean and very comfortable. The breakfasts were really good. The service in the lounge/restaurant was very good. The service desk personel were helpful and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Usually stay here for a lot less than this stay. Usually very clean this time, bed skirt was ripped with big hole and coffee or something had dripped down the bed skirt. Hallways were not vacuumed till early evening so there was garbage on the floor from room service.

Location is great, warm fresh chocolate chip cookie at check in, rooms usually nice and clean and I feel safe staying here. Pool and workout room great!

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Shuttle Service is not timely at all. Used Uber on some occasions. Long wait at airport when we arrived, very annoying

Great restaurant for an airport hotel

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Waited one hour for shuttle. Another hotel shuttle drove us. Happy hour wine discount was only one dollar. Very old A/C unit was very loud.s

Good bed, pillows. Pleasant staff.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

They did not contact me letting me know they did not have anymore double Queen rooms. Note if your not sure where you're going this hotel isn't easy to find.

I booked a room with two queen beds because I was travelling with my mother. Upon arrival I was told they had no more queen rooms. I was given a King room with a pullout sofa which was very uncomfortable I woke up with major back pain. All and All it's a very nice hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Very high cost for an airport layover (GB Pound to Dollar exchange rate didn't help).

Quality of sleep (despite a 10-lane freeway outside the window!).

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Yes.. Very comfortable, welcoming attitude with delicious chocolate nuts cookies... My favorite.... Like in heaven, fresh neat environment, a staff, super attentive. detailed and pleasant. and a delicious breakfast..with healthy choices.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Only option for breakfast appeared to be the buffet. Would have preferred just a cup of coffee and something light.

That warm cookie at arrival is a great idea. Staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We didn't like the fact that you didn't have a free continental breakfast

It very comfortable and relaxing. My 7yr old son love the beds, the lobby and the pool. My 16yr old love the workout room and the pool. My wife really enjoyed the pool and the comfort of it all.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

I was supposed to have a room with 2 bed but they didnt have any left- we had 1 big bed plus a pull out couch which was fine, so it wasnt a big deal.

Great location for the concert- friendly staff, very accommodating when needed. minor hiccup with room type but no big issue. Great pool, great restaurant, great rooms.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

Not knowing how to order the same exact pillows your hotel has.

The hotel was very clean, your staff was very nice and respectful. The pillows were very fluffy

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

Beautiful hotel, what you would expect from a hilton. Big spacious room. Powerful hot shower. Free shuttle bus to downtown West Palm Beach - we never made it to the beach (but we were told it is lovely) but the town is amazing, really modern with lots of shops, bars and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

Air condition system was loud Also bathroom was too tiny and not enough towels and washcloths however I left a note and it was taken care of. Dust build up on desk and legs.

Bed was comfortable and storage was freat. Plenty of space.

• Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The smell coming out of the bathrooms

Clean carpets

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Great front desk service! Great location.

Need bigger pool

The beds are completely soft

No,security,my car was keyed

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Our rooms ac was not working

Free cookies? Lol

N/a

Staff was friendly and very helpful. Clean and bright.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was adequate but could have been better. Powdered eggs not good.

The bed and pillows were very comfy

Noise from interstate

Clean

I wish we could have stayed longer.

The bed was very comfortable. The room was very clean. The staff were all outstanding!

The airport was nearby

Everything was close by

Most hotels offer free breakfast the double tree does not.

Rooms were nice

No hot tub.

Well maintained, clean and comfortable. Nice pool area and bar, as well.

Was a great location to Palm beach and City Place!

• Double Room with One Double Bed - Disability Access

The staff treated us amazingly! They gave us suggestions for places to go that added so much to our trip!

The warm chocolate chip cookie upon arrival.

Expensive breakfast

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

No mini refrigerator in the room

No wait

Tub was draining slow. Taking shower I had water to my ankles.

Room faced route 95 which was incredibly loud. Rooms need sound proofed glass. Be sure to request a room that doesn’t face the freeway

I could not get WiFi

The service was great i have complain

• Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The air conditioning unit in my room was very loud and very distracting.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The restaurant in the lobby was empty and when we went to eat there was no one there to order so we went else where

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Drains clogged, room not clean, toilet seat dirty on bottom,

Loved the warm chocolate chip cookies each day. Shuttle service.

Would have appreciated an included continental breakfast.

The hilton honors

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Needs updating ,the comforter needs to be replaced there old.

Bed was nice

The warm welcome

Everything was good

Cleanliness and location

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

beds were super soft and the room was very clean. PERFECT STAFF

The bed incredibly comfortable

The room was small, furniture were made from Formica not mordern. No shower cap

it was ok fine for 1 night

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Toilet was moving, breakfast not including in price