Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Dover 2 stars

481 Central Avenue, Dover, NH 03820, USA

#7 of 7 hotels in Dover

We would stay here again.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

One morning we missed the daily housekeeping service. The office said they would refer it to housekeeping but no one came by. The office did run up a stack of clean towels, coffee, shampoo, etc. when it was brought to their attention. Also, we did not receive a final statement when we checked out of the hotel.

Excellent location, reasonable price. Room was average sized, clean and quiet, very comfortable bed, excellent staff, and lots of parking. It's a good value for the price.

Our stay was pleasant, location was excellent.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms could use an update, There was an additional blanket in the room but, I would not use for my pet. The certificate in the breakfast area for inspection was expired as of May 2017, no updated certificate posted.

The staff was very friendly, and took care of any issue we had immediately. The location is excellent, and the rooms were very quite - did not hear other visitors.

Clean, Comfortable, Customer Friendly Stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was very friendly and helpful. We like the indoor pool area. The room was older but very clean and well maintained. Great location to walk to many resturants.

good
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Facility was a little older but clean and comfortable. Liked the breakfast. I was travelling from Nebraska to attend a funeral service. Another friend stayed at the Inn the same night and there were some rowdy folks, but that was not a problem at my end of the facility

memorable but not in a good way!
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The room was basic, tub in bathroom was dirty, paper thin walls ....we could hear conversation in next room and the smell of someone smoking pot was overwhelming ...will not stay there again.

the staff was pleasant, the breakfast was fine

Great for last minute. Not recommended for planned stay.

The overall quality of service as well as amenities and cleanliness of property were far below the standard of the days inn brand that I have stayed in elsewhere over the years. From my observations this location seemed to be under staffed and under trained. The lack of knowledge led to common situations not being handled in a proper manner and questions left unanswered. Room rates were far higher than they should be or deserve to be.

We had fun staying staying in downtown Dover and exploring the town. Lots of fun breweries
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were some people smoking outside on the steps leading up to the second floor even though there were signs saying no smoking. The bathroom was a little small but it was clean.

The location was the reason we stayed here. It was easy to walk around downtown Dover from the hotel. The breakfast was good. Loved the eggs. Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable.

Best Location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Fantastic location. Close to everything, right in the heart of downtown Dover. Staff were friendly. Pool looked nice, didn't have enough time for a dip. No complaints, will book here again.

Pleasant ppl, clean but outside needs work.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The back portion of the property looks shady and rundown. Rust was all over the steps. But room was clean and nice. Door lock was iffy.

The inside was great.

All in all it was a decent place.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the train going through several time during the night / morning found a half drank beer on the window sill and the room was supposed to be clean.

Friendly people

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Needed a cot...they omly had one. Booking.com did not relay that message to hotel so we missed out.

Great location...great staff....pool was awesome...

The rooms we’re clean and the staff was friendly and helpful.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

I did not like that me and my boyfriend had to walk outside to get to our room. It was very cold and it felt more like a motel then a hotel.

The rooms we’re clean and the staff was friendly and helpful.

There water was shut off the whole time
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The water was off the whole time we were there and the staff refused to apologize or discount the room. Wasn’t told about this situation until after checking in and paying for the room. Pretty Dissatisfying

There were blackout curtains.

Our room was more than we expected and absolutly perfect.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

I think the only thing that I wasn't a fan of was the pool wasnt heated so it was cold to get into.

Our room was more than we expected and absolutly perfect. My boyfriend and I finally had no kids in the first time in months and decided to stay at Day Inn and was the best weekend ever.

overall a great stay & will use them again.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Front lights on for signage were not on either night making it hard to see on a dark night. A lighted sign sticking out at a right angle on the building or a freestanding pole sign would be be more noticeable - before you drive by & need to turn around.

Pleasant surprise to find breakfast included with nice selections and with a great brand of tea - Salada! Location is very convenient.

Accommodations ideal for a lone traveler.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool was too cold and the hot tub too hot for my kids to enjoy. I also did not like that to get to our room from the main office, pool and breakfast room we had to walk outside- in the Winter with below 0 temperatures it’s not good.

Staff was welcoming and friendly and their breakfast was great; lots of choices!

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

All of the staff members were incredibly friendly.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The walls are very thin, and I could hear every word of the conversation in the adjacent room. Also, the available electrical charging ports didn't work.

All of the staff members were incredibly friendly. The breakfast was decent. The location in the heart of Dover was perfect.

Breakfast was great and the bed was very comfy!
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The hair in the shower, the sock in the bed. Neither were from us.

Breakfast was great and the bed was very comfy! The staff was very kind, wasn't too fond of the managers attitude.

Didn't pay much, it was bearable!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room we were in was very dated. Smelled very strongly of must, very strong. Walls are THIN! Heard EVERY other person staying at the hotel, outside, in their rooms....was very hard to sleep through the night!

Bed was VERY confortable room was warm, water was hot! Staff was very friendly.

Free breakfast is good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

In some rooms, the warmer and air conditioner may not work when we checked in. Reception staff helped us to change the room several times. Finally we had a comfortable night. Many thanks to him.

Free breakfast is good.

Not a cleanly place!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was disgustingly dirty. We were rudely spoken to about being "to loud" at 5:50pm Ang when we questioned the time and quiet hours we were told we were being belligerent.

The proximity to downtown, walking distance

Ok
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Dingy, rum down, cheap windows that were hard to lock—motel style, so this was a safety issue.

Seems pretty run down, you pay so much for location. Some upgrades and upkeep are in order.

Won’t stay in this one again
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Signs said property was non smoking yet people, including staff, were smoking by doorways and on balconies. Cigarette ends littered the stairways.

Room was clean

Not pleased. Won't stay In a Days inn again.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Facilities dark and sketchy outside. Felt like I was in a murder mystery. Facility old and out dated. Dirty floor with dead bug in the corner. Couldn't find light switch in Bathroom. No accessible plug near the bed.

It was the least expensive hotel in the are but I won't make that mistake again

Good location, but not worth the price.
    • Deluxe King Suite

For the price of the room, I expected it to be immaculately clean and quiet. The room was dated which made things even worse. The noise from the pool made it impossible to relax. I have stayed in rooms for almost half the price that were far superior.

The location was great because it was a quick trip to Kittery, York, Portsmouth, and more. The staff at the desk were friendly.

The location is good and in walking distance to restaurants...
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

It's an old hotel, the rooms are dingy, and it is very outdated. The rooms are terrible.

The location is good and in walking distance to restaurants and other things downtown

The property was great, however my experience with booking.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The property was great, however my experience with booking.com was poor. I needed to change my reservation, which I did through booking.com. However, when we showed up, booking.com had never communicated this information with the hotel. Luckily the hotel was very accommodating. In the future I will be booking with a hotel directly.

Adequate but the stale smoke smell was a downer!

Rooms smell of stale cigarettes, rooms need update, bed was comfortable. Breakfast had stale muffins, limp beacon, and previously frozen pancakes run through the microwave. Coffee was very weak, cereal selection was good. Should have a nice area for picnic, smokers tent was adequate even though we did not smoke.

People were nice.

On edge. Wondering what else did not get cleaned.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a dirty sock (Not mine) under the bed skirt and junk in the bottom of the Apple juice.Children in the pool and hot tub unsupervised. Pool water was murky. Hotel did nothing

Flecks in the bottom of the Apple juice.

Excellent stay. I would stay there again.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

There was parking available, but it seemed like they didn't have enough parking spaces for all their guests. The park spaces were also very narrow.

Walked to Harvey's Bakery to buy a cake for my anniversary. It was a lovely walk. And the Cake was amazing! There is also and excellent coffee shop next to the hotel that made an impressive lobster roll.

Booking.com over charges.. Book with hotel directly! Hotel is awesome and so is staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

One thing I didn't like was that if I booked directly with Wyndham I could have saved money. booking.com over charged me for my night stay!!!!

The staff wonderful. The gentleman in the breaksfast room was so sweet. My son asked him if he could peel his banana because I was allergic to them. and he did. The next day he saw Jordan coming and had his banana all peeled for him.. Amazing.

I realize it's summer but 206.00 a night (That's the total) is a little much!
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The "hall" lights shown under and around the curtains in the room . Illuminating the room all night.

The breakfast assortment was very nice and the bed was comfortable. Staff was friendly.

No coffee at breakfast, decaf but no regular, had to ask for...
    • Business Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

- I won't be staying there again.

No coffee at breakfast, decaf but no regular, had to ask for forks, spoons and coffee which still wasn't made when we were done at 9:30am. Barely anything was left at 9am The newspaper was 2 days old in the rack.

nice place, disrespectful staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Stayed two nights and did not clean our room. Had to get more towels from front desk and I asked a question and they ignored me. I will not stay at this property again.

quite

It was convenient!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were out back,which was like a motel.Park your car by door!However,others walk by door and noisy,even at 2 a.m.Also,Amtrak train station near,so you can hear train whistle!

It was convenient!Room and beds comfortable!Even had little fridge! Breakfast included was good,too!

Fine, but I'd look before settling
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

It was just a bit run down feeling. Our AC was dirty and old, the room was old and dingy, everything just felt very dirty and we were not very comfortable staying there in the "motel" type feel of this place. I'm much more of a hotel snob than my boyfriend, but even he was disappointed when we got there. Location is good with lots of little shops and food stops, but the place and everything overall get super run down and just not as safe as I'd like. The staff were very nice though.

The beds themselves were a bit firm for me but fine overall, lots of decent pillows

Comfortable and affordable.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

I was traveling alone to attend a two day training. The manager was polite and advised me to restaurants and such. Bed was extremely comfortable and my room was very clean. The facility itself could use a face lift but I can say my room was pleasant. Free WiFi, actual list of channels and plenty of light. I do have dietary restrictions and thought breakfast would probably the usual coffee and muffins. Not true! Excellent coffee, steel cut oatmeal and juice.....full breakfast for egg and meat eaters. Yum..

Budget option in good location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This property is a bit 'tired'. Outside area and rooms could use a spruce up - some paint, replace/update fixtures.

This hotel is in the heart of Dover. Great spot to walk to shops, cafes, restaurants and park. Staff was friendly.

Bathroom was small outdated.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

It was more like a motel not a hotel. I did not feel safe with room access from outside.

Bathroom was small outdated. Toilet seat scummy. I left early was charged $200 for smoking when I clearly didn't smoke. Even housekeeper said the door was ajar when they entered to clean.

Not an excellent night!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was a none smoking room and 👃 awful to 🚬, to wet dog, and there were hairs in the 🛀. My wife and my daughter have allergies so in that part failed!

The breakfast was excellent.

Convenient, pleasant and good buy for the money...

coffee.

staff was friendly, accommodating. Parking spaces are a little narrow. Need a different brand of coffee for the rooms. Dover is a very cute town...loved walking around...easy to get to.

Good location but poor accommodations.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was small. The bathroom needed updating. Wallpaper was bulging from previous water damage. Toilet seat needed replacement. Even though we requested a non-smoking room, there was a faint cigarette smell due to our room being next to outdoor designated smoking area. Also, we originally booked for four people and only a room for two was needed. We didn't realize we couldn't change rooms at hotel desk. The receptionist rudely told us we had to call booking.com to change. It was too late through booking. com to change. We were not happy!

In the middle of downtown
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The woman at the front desk didn't really seem to know what was going on (long story) and the guy the next day seemed slightly clueless too. Towels are pretty thin.

Can't ask for a better location, leave the car and walk everywhere. Good size room and bathroom, TV with lots of channels, fridge that gets really cold. The cable had come unplugged somehow and someone from housekeeping fixed it right away.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Very friendly staff
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

A little run down, no great area for pets. Wish the staff would've been able to check my corporate discount code but they couldn't bc I used booking.com

Very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

strongarm marketing turned a decent stay into a "lets find a different place nextime" experience
    • Single Room - Disability Access

every time I stay there I am hounded miserably to write a review

it wasclean, quiet,and well managed with a decent breakd=fast buffet that was vet-=ry well mans-aged

Bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows!

Direction to get there were confusing.

Bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows! That is very important!walking ditance to good and entertainment.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Very comfortable and clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast room was super hot. Very uncomfortable to try and eat. Very tiny. Maybe take out one table. There was a sick boy about 10 in there coughing all over everything. Parents shouldn't have had them in around food and in such a small room. Not your fault. The parents fault. We just ended up taking our food to our room.

Very comfortable and clean. A very great place especially for the value.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Unhappy and terribly disappointed!
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The room had a barroom smell in the air. The next door room had two couples we assume were taking up residence. The property was posted as a no smoking property however the first thing we saw was a girl smoking outside of her room abutting ours. The noise from next door was constant until around 2:00 am. People were running around making noise interrupting our sleep. We complained to the office, but it continued. We did not continue to complain in fear of retaliation to our car. We did not feel safe staying there. This will be the last time we stay at the Dover Days Inn.

The room was clean.

It was fun while it lasted
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that the hot tub was shut down on the second day I was there, there was a man who had supposedly spilt a minuscule amount of beer which seemed strange because I was in it all night and I didn't see any beer spill, on top of that I had asked for a room close to a pool with a possible handicap shower and I was put in a room down the hall outside in a regular bathroom

The beds felt soft and fluffy and the hotel was ready for us to arrive because everything was clean and tidy. The staff worked with any problems that came up and where amazingly friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Nothing did not like the place
    • Single Room - Disability Access

They put me in a small room One bed that was too small I asked to pay more to get a new room and they told me no it was a handicap room and I'm not handicap right next to the pool that echo I paid for four days and stayed one night went and got another hotel

Nothing did not like the place

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Perfect location and nice property
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

It was a little warm by the indoor pool - which is being a little nit picky as I am sure that is necessary with an indoor, heated pool.

Great location, room was very clean, good TV selection and the bed was AWESOME! I brought my own pillows because usually there aren't enough or they are flimsy but this bed was great - I have stayed in several $500.00+ night hotels and this bed was as good, if not, better

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Holiday travel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms are small and may be ready for some renovations, but still worth the discounted reservation price.

The convenience of being able to walk to the home I was visiting, and shopping and restaurants downtown. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Good
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

When I arrived on Thursday night, there were two police men in the lobby area taking down a report. This was a bit unnerving. The gentleman that was on duty had to report an obnoxious couple in the room under mine. He was questioning himself on if he did the right thing. He Absolutely DID DO the RIGHT thing. My room was filled with cigarette smoke from the room underneath me. There is a non smoking policy. It was a huge turnoff. When they were escorted out by the police, the one man was belligerent, loud and totally rude. I was able to clear out my room with a fan and opening the windows and door. I bought a plug in so that the smell could be covered up at least. Please thank the gentleman that made the RIGHT decision!

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Thieves and liars! Do not stay here. Do not give them your credit card number
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Being wayniverncharged several time without authorization. Being lied to by the staff. Having their staff lie to your staff. Being rude to me when I questioned the charges. Refusing to put me in touch with someone who could help me. Charging my card again for no reason after I checked out

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Leaf blowing at 9am when people are trying to sleep!
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

9 A.M.Tthey where leaf blowing right outside our door. We had asked the guy to move and go to a different location so we could sleep. Check out is at 11 o'clock. Some people like to sleep till then. He did move but was right across the way from us and like everyone couldn't hear him leaf blowing the whole morning. I Had called the office to ask them if they could do it a little later and do a different project so all the tenants could sleep. To only just get hung up on. I will never recommend this hotel ever again to anyone.

It's in town.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

The bed was comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The person who checked us in did not know if there were pamphlets or information about amenities in our room. There was hair in the tub and on the shower walls. The photos online are nice but the rooms could have a coat of fresh paint, they are a little dated.

The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Perfect for what I needed and I would come back!
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Bathroom was a bit dirty and there was chocolate or something like it on a chair at the desk that I did unfortunately sit in and get all over my clothing. That was not fun. I was also very disappointed when I left the next morning in the pouring rain to get coffee, when I returned I could not park anywhere. I learned later there was an apple harvest and they all were parking at the hotel. That was rather upsetting to me BUT, i'd be lying if I said I did not go out later and check out the Harvest and it was FUN!! Oh yea.....muffins would really have been great at breakfast :))

I was able to VISIT MY SON at school because of you at the last minute!! I liked the convenience of getting food and being able to take a nice walk around to the stores. I was so excited that there was lots of parking and all just so convenient.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Clean hotel with great staff in the perfect location
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The bed wasn't the most comfortable but it definitely wasn't the worst I've ever slept on in other hotels.

Perfect location in downtown Dover - such a cute town with a lot of great bars and shops! The staff was very helpful and the free breakfast was good! Very clean. We had a great stay!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

The staff at the front desk were so helpful when we checked...
    • Superior Business Double Room - Non-Smoking

The staff at the front desk were so helpful when we checked in, even recommended an excellent restaurant at our request and gave us directions for a nice walk.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Adequate lodging only
    • Single Room - Disability Access

Very noisy staff- slamming doors at 6am, vacuuming just outside my room at 8:300am on a Sunday! Not apologetic about it either. Also the business center computer was briken the whole time.

Good location and breakfast was ok.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Good location in town. A little dated, but very clean and neat.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Limited and tight parking. Can't change that, but not a major inconvenience. Just an FYI.

Good location - friendly staff. Only stayed one night, but all was good. Nice pool and hot tub.

Friendly staff the cleanliness the comfort
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Not a complaint really the motel is starting to show it's age but is still a comfortable place to stay

Friendly staff the cleanliness the comfort

taste of india 0.

taste of india 0.1mil perfect

Staff was very helpful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No waffle maker. Pool was chilly

Staff was very helpful

Nice stay

disappointing

everything else

breakfast

Location, huge room, staff accommodating
    • Business Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Door deadbolt didn’t work, lighting in the room (had to find lamps in the dark as there was no switch).

Location, huge room, staff accommodating

A poor standard, but with a plunge pool.

Not clean. Poor decorative standard

Outdated
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

For a non smoking hotel rooms smelled smoky and funky, screens had holes so couldn’t open windows. AC unit stopped working,

Convenient location,

The pillows were to high and uncomfortable

Pillows

Old and dated overpriced because of location but saf
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Old carpets, room smelled musty, loud fans in bathroom. Hotel has potential just needs some help.

Location, comfortable bed and cable

Fair
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Peeling wallpaper, toilet not attatavhed to floor, noisy fan

Comfortable, had what I needed, but......See whatI didn’t like

It’s old and not well kept up and you know it.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It’s old and not well kept up and you know it.

nice and worry free