2. USA hotel reviews
  3. Tennessee hotel reviews
  4. Memphis hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Downtown Memphis Shellcrest Apartments

Reviews of Downtown Memphis Shellcrest Apartments

669 Jefferson Avenue Downstairs apartment, Midtown, Memphis, TN 38105, United States of America

#2 of 136 hotels in Memphis

Based on 202 apartment reviews

9.7

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 12, 2018

Location and ease of checking in as well is out.
    • Studio Apartment

It was cold. The heater control didn’t heat up the room. During winter months host should make sure room is warm and cozy. And provide better information on heater and remote.

Location and ease of checking in as well is out.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: December 2, 2018

Beautiful home in historic district.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Guest upstairs were very noisy late at night and early morning.

Beautiful home in historic district. Easy walk to downtown. Great restaurant across the street for breakfast and lunch.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Excellent location and bargain for your buck! I would and will stay here again.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Well, we rented two apartments and the upstairs studio apartment's ductless unit did not adequately heat the space. But, I am certain that may be because the apartment also did have very large windows and probably needed covering. Also, the downstairs and upstairs apartments need curtains to prevent light from coming in if you decide to sleep in late. The light can be a hinderance.

The bed in the downstairs two bedroom apartment was nice and comfy

It was awesome!
    • Studio Apartment

Everything was nice! The apartment was cute and comfy. The bed 🤤 was saoft as clouds. The decor in the apartment were so peaceful. I loved everything about my stay!

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

This was a gorgeous apartment well situated just a short...
    • Studio Apartment

The apartment has pots and pans but no utensils to serve with. Had to try and use the spoons and forks there.

This was a gorgeous apartment well situated just a short drive to Downtown. Very clean, staff were great to deal with.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

Beautiful apartment in Mid town (The Edge?) in Memphis.
    • Apartment with Balcony

Nothing comes to mind. I will absolutely try to stay there when business takes me to Memphis.

Beautiful apartment in Mid town (The Edge?) in Memphis. Very well appointed and thoughtfully provisioned. Easy check in and check out instructions.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

Really liked that it was a historical house.
    • Apartment with Balcony

Really liked that it was a historical house. Historical on the outside, but very clean and nice on the inside. Getting keys and accessing the property was very straightforward!

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

Will be back again!
    • Apartment with Balcony

Historic district not within walking distance of much. Make sure you arrange for a car.

Gorgeous. Attention to detail. Cute balcony and outside area in back.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

BOOK NOW !!!!

NOTHING !!!

Beautiful property - we were disappointed we were only staying for 2 nights and not longer. Incredibly comfortable beds. The host communicated well and left a bottle of wine which was a lovely touch. The home is decorated beautifully and had an outside seating area. Neighbourhood and parking was safe. Restaurant across the road which was very handy for breakfast. Could not fault this property in any way. Great location, walking distance to Sun Studios.

• Reviewed: October 14, 2018

Historic Memphis
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

That we couldn't spend more time there

The location was excellent, central to everything, the apartment was absolutely brilliant, from the decor, to the the comfortable beds,to the the large shower,and the nice back garden with a place to sit after a days exploring, the host Oksana was a dream, and was always on the end of the phone to help with recommended places, and help with entry to the apartment as my phone was on the blink, car parking on the road was easy,right outside the apartment, a nice breakfast place across the road

• Reviewed: October 5, 2018

Lovely, but...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Apartment was actually quite dirty. It’s more like Midtown than Downtown, but still good location.

Great value for money, amazing host, lots of space and awesome looking apartment!

• Reviewed: September 16, 2018

Proximity to sun studios then free shuttle to Graceland.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Uber is the only transport option if no car. Trolleys and taxis non existent.

Proximity to sun studios then free shuttle to Graceland. Breakfast restaurant across the street.

• Reviewed: September 15, 2018

Lovely historic and interesting property with lots of room.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The beds and pillows are memory foam and quite horrible. I do hope the owners fix the beds because otherwise perfect

Lovely historic and interesting property with lots of room.

• Reviewed: September 15, 2018

Excellent place to stay
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Nothing it was like a home from home

The location was great and the house and decor really nice. Felt very comfortable while we stayed. Would have no hesitation in recommending and returning the next time we are in memphis

• Reviewed: September 14, 2018

Perfect!

Nothing 😉

Oksana was amazing! She accommodated our early check in and made everything really easy for us. Super clean and cozy! Best apt we have stayed in!

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

A perfect apartment .
    • Apartment with Balcony

We couldn’t fault anything , so there was nothing that we didn’t like. The whole experience of renting this apartment was perfect.

We liked everything about the apartment and the exta steps taken by owner was amazing they thought of every little thing even down to cold water in refrigerator. Hospitality was awesome.9

• Reviewed: September 7, 2018

Great way to feel a part of the city and not like tourists.
    • Apartment with Balcony

There was only one bedroom and then two sofa's for my teenagers. I would've liked for them to have had a bedroom, although that could have been an oversight on my part. Parking made me nervous, right out front on the busy street. Seems like a good place for a middle of the night side swipe. Wish both tv's had cable and streaming, could only do one or the other depending on the room you were in.

The idea of being in a home away from home. Cheaper than a hotel. I would love to have stayed more than one night. There was complimentary coffee and snacks. I didn't need to leave for coffee as I do in hotels cause there's never enough creamer/sugar. It loved feeling like a "local" for a few hours.

• Reviewed: September 1, 2018

Boutique apartment ..just gorgeous !
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Fantastic apartment ... beautiful decor and very convenient location with parking straight ourside. Far nicer than staying at a hotel .. even a bottle of wine left for us !! Very well equipped kitchen. More like a boutique establishment ..very classy !! Also a beautiful outdoor area ... we were privileged to have such a lovely place to stay in Memphis. Breakfast across the road at the Sunrise cafe. Would definately recommend ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Would love to return again one day

EVERYTHING !!

• Reviewed: August 21, 2018

Nice apartment in Memphis
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Nice big apartment very close to Memphis Downton and easy to access from the highway. Clean and well furnished. Nice garden on the back for a drink and some chats with friends. Easy parking just in front of the apartment.

• Reviewed: August 19, 2018

We had several mosquitoes in the apartment, though we had...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

We had several mosquitoes in the apartment, though we had not left any doors open. I was able to kill a few but had difficulty getting to sleep in an otherwise quiet, comfortable environment. Also, when we arrived, there was a large orange oily puddle covering the bathroom vanity. I cleaned it up best as I could and unplugged the offending appliance. I don't know if it had bubbled over or just leaked, but I would recommend discarding.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2018

Family Road Trip
    • Apartment with Balcony

The apartment was wonderful, in a beautiful, well kept, historic building! My husband and I stayed for 2 nights with our twin 10 year old daughters. Everything was clean and modern, plenty of room for the 4 of us, although we didn’t cook any meals during our short stay, we certainly could have in this kitchen, the coffee was well stocked, loved having a washer and dryer available in the apartment, and the back courtyard was just lovely. Our stay at the Shellcrest was certainly much more comfortable and enjoyable, as well as affordable, than a downtown hotel. The location was awesome, within in just a few miles of everything we wanted to do: the Zoo, Rendezvous BBQ, a craft brewery, Beale Street. The restaurant across the street, Sunrise Rise Memphis, was fantastic (we got breakfast there both days, 1st day sit down, 2nd to-go as we hit the road to Ohio) and the atmosphere and the artwork were amazing. We will definitely book with Oksana, at the Shellcrest again, for our next Memphis road trip!

• Reviewed: July 29, 2018

Charming 2 bedroom apartment with lots of character!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

My whole family was so excited when we walked into this 2 bedroom apartment! It was super clean, comfortable, spacious, and charming! If you like homes with lots of fun details, character, windows, and decor, this is the place to stay! There is a security camera in the front and back so we felt safe in the downtown area! It has a washer and dryer plus most amenities families are looking for. The couch folds down into a bed and I also noticed a blow up mattress and pack-n-play in the closet for extra beds if needed! We will definitely be back!

• Reviewed: July 26, 2018

Good
    • Studio Apartment

Stairs and no elevator they have should say something on the site about them and It supposedly has wifi all the wifi I found needed a code and they should have said the parking is on the street .

Once I was in the studio it was nice.very modern my visit was just over night

• Reviewed: July 24, 2018

Better than a hotel room.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The surprise of walking into such a homely apartment., which made our stay even more comfortable and enjoyable. The property manager Karina was very helpful and made us feel at home.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

I received one piece of information about how to get into...
    • Apartment with Balcony

I received one piece of information about how to get into the apartment via messenger and another via email, but did not receive how to obtain the 2nd set of keys as we were travelling in a car and without wifi. One set of instructions would have been better.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Absolutely wonderful!
    • Apartment with Balcony

We only booked 2 nights! Wish we could have stayed for longer to enjoy the apartment more. And it’s a bit further out from downtown, but an easy and quick uber/lyft.

It was so much more than we expected. It was beautiful, really spacious, it smelled absolutely lovely, we felt very safe and had everything we needed, plus a lot more.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

Great experience and wonderful time in Memphis!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

There wasn't any cable in the bedrooms just Netflix. My husband and I enjoy watching television in the bedroom so cable would be nice.

the location was excellent. Very convenient to all attractions; less than 10 minutes from everything. The apartment was very nice and clean. There was a restaurant right across the street from the apartment that had an excellent breakfast. The apartment was well stocked with everything you needed. Karina , manager was very good to work with. If I had any concerns she would get right back with me. Parking was right in front of the door.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

We loved our stay at this sweet studio apartment in the heart of downtown Memphis.
    • Studio Apartment

The only negative I could possibly think of was there was very little written information regarding check out but we got thorough instructions for check in.

Lovely little studio apartment, perfect for our overnight stay in Memphis. Clean and close to the sights we wanted to visit. The restaurant is directly across the street and we had a delicious breakfast with amazing biscuits.

• Reviewed: June 15, 2018

Dee's wonderful visit at Shellcrest in Memphis
    • Studio Apartment

Exterior door would not lock, no lamp nor power supply next to bed. Also, light from hallway illuminated room thru window positioned high above door.

Everything else was far above A+++. The entire apartment was beautifully decorated, comfortable & relaxing. There wad even a large binder for guests to write their comments. I especially liked the placement of each.item in apartment. The attention to detail- beautiful candles, incense sticks, snacks, many coffee pods, REAL dishes, oatmeal packets, absolutely beautiful, thick, & embroidered towel sets. Gorgeous bathroom with a beautiful tiled shower & a beautiful mirrored storage closet. Loved all the hooks in bathroom to hang things on since there were no countertop. Loved the long bathroom sink with the space-saver gadets. There were even a set of pots to use on hot plate. The freezer even had 2 ice trays of ice. Carina- the hostess- was the ABSOLUTE best, assisting in anything that was needed.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

On the surface the property looked lovely - however the bed...
    • Apartment with Balcony

See above - security and bed were the main issues

On the surface the property looked lovely - however the bed is something else - plastic sheet and a piece of foam as a mattress topper - that’s not comfortable or acceptable. Whilst there the electrics failed - I’m a Surveyor and it looks like they took the feed from the light circuit for the TV which shorted the electrics. !! The security of the premises in a ? Dodgy part of town was less than adequate - flimsy locks on the patio door which lead to a fire escape.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

Great location and beautiful!

There’s nothing I disliked

Easy communication with the property. So nice and welcoming! Location to a lot of attractions in Memphis. Loved the older upscale home. It was affordable. You wouldn’t get all the convenience, space or privacy with hotels in that area. Place is as in pictures. I will defiantly try and stay here again when I come to Memphis. I highly recommend this place!

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Nice and super clean place, but really loud neighbors when we were there
    • Studio Apartment

The neighbors next door came home around 4 or 5 am and were REALLY loud! They were laughing, talking, and even tried to open our door! Probably they were just drunk and got confused, but it was pretty scary when it happened at 5 am.. We were supposed to wake up around 7 so basically we did not sleep after 5am. For us, who rented the room for only one night to sleep and leave early, it was not the best experience :/ I understand this could be an exception though, so don't make your decision only based on this feedback.

The apartment was super clean and organized. It was easy to get the keys once we understood the process. Location is good too. If you have more time in the city you could walk. As we were short on time, we took a 5-10 minutes Uber to get downtown and see most attractions. The cafe across the street is a really nice place for a brunch!

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

Great! 5/5 would book again.
    • Studio Apartment

Only comment was the hallway light into the room was very bright. Made sleeping well a bit difficult but it was ok.

Very clean and home-y! Bed was very soft and bathroom exceptionally clean.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

Loved it!!!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

There is nothing I didn't like but should maybe mention that you have to walk through the master bedroom to get to the kitchen. It's no big deal unless you want privacy.

Charming! This place is SO beautiful and very comfortable. What a lovely surprise. The pictures you see can not do justice to the character of this place. It had everything we needed, including a much needed washer and dryer. The bathroom has a huge shower. I'd recommend this place even if you don't want to see the sights of Memphis. Just hang out here and eat in the restaurant right across the street.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

A must stay experience in a historic Memphis home.

Could not fault anything

This building is on the Historic Houses Register of America and it cerianly should be. A beautiful modernisation inside with every little detail covered. Nice little touches like a welcoming bottle of wine and milk in the fridge and snacks added to a great experience. A new Cafe called Sunrise is across the road. It was quirky and great. Well done to host Oksana who has gone out of her way to get it just right.

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

The apartment is fabulous and very close to everything.
    • Apartment with Balcony

Our only negative comment is that there could be a few more cooking pans maybe non stick frying pan and a kettle especially if you are there for more than one night.

The apartment is fabulous and very close to everything. A few minutes drive from the centre. Some beautiful fittings, artifacts and pictures. Nice private balcony you can eat on and access to a private garden with seating and a hammock. We would highly recommend this apartment for any length of time.

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

A wonderful experience
    • Studio Apartment

We liked everything. What was not to like?

It's location, decor, facilities and cleanliness. It was everything other reviewers have said. A beautiful apartment.

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

Nice boutique hotel.
    • Studio Apartment

It was a different place to stay other than a hotel. There was a tv issue Oksana tried to get it sorted and when she was unable to fix it before we left she refunded us some of the money we had paid. I can see why the reviews are so good as Oksana has a good handle on running this place and other than the tv everything was spot on.

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

This felt like a home away from home.
    • Apartment with Balcony

That it is too perfect. It made me not want to leave and reminded me of a few things I need to buy for my place. :)

This felt like a home away from home. Very cozy and with all the creature comforts of a nice apartment. Overall I have zero complaints.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

The location is great. Use Uber to get to places in downtown Memphis.
    • Studio Apartment

I didn't like the stairs to our upstairs apartment. There needs to be railings on both sides, especially with the spiral steps at the second level. Also, my high heel got stuck and actually felt the floor give way as if my foot and shoe were going through them. Please have someone check the condition of the boards in the Entrance hallway. Some may need immediate attention & possible replacement. I had hip surgery about 6 months ago, so both of these issues were very concerning to me and other incoming guests with limited locomotion issues, (I would take off my heels going downstairs and outside the Front Door as a precaution after getting my heel stuck in the boards.)

I enjoyed the layout of the apartment with the Murphy bed.

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

Very spacious apartment, great facilities, short 3min drive to Beal St
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The 2nd bed was very high off the floor so not suitable for small children or aged person.

The apartment was very spacious, the central heating and AC in the main bedroom were great and the quality of the towels were excellent. The host was also excellent and responded very well and problem solved.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Cousy flat a great place to stay in!
    • Apartment with Balcony

More tea should be available:)

We really appreciate to have coffee and tea available for the morning weak up and some porridge for the breakfast. Kitchen had everything available. The flat is really cousy and we were really happy we choose to stay there. If we travel to Memphis, we would for sure like to stay there again.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

Great place to stay
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The weather was very cold for April. 2oC. So we stayed in and enjoyed the apartment which was lovely and warm :o)

The 24 hour free parking outside the property was very convenient and made the stay completely hassle free. The property is lovely. No complaints. Nice bottle of wine too - thank you

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

The proximity to downtown was great!
    • Studio Apartment

The proximity to downtown was great! The quiet area is a plus. There is a great breakfast place across the street which was delicious! The studio Rock and Roll studio was top notch! Clean !!!! Clean!!!!! This place was decorated so charmingly, direct tv Netflix etc... the bed was comfy. I cannot day enough about this property. I look forward to staying here again and soon!!!!!!

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

Such a beautiful and well-equipped apartment
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

As others have said, the large bed was a bit too soft (and I like soft), but we still slept pretty well.

This apartment is incredibly well equipped and spacious. We all were impressed by the amenities and decor. It was an easy walk to downtown. The restaurant across the street was fantastic. Check-in and checkout were easy, and Oksana was wonderfully receptive and helpful. We’d definitely stay here again if in Memphis. Its possibly the best value for money in the city.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

The design of the place was beautiful, I love how it was...
    • Studio Apartment

The price was a little steep but overall reasonable.

The design of the place was beautiful, I love how it was decorated! The location was also wonderful :)

• Reviewed: March 30, 2018

Fantastic place, worth every cent
    • Apartment with Balcony

If I must think of something: maybe the bed. Foamrubber pillow and matress make you sink in like a sponge. Not my thing.

This is a fantastic place to stay. Extremely clean, spacious and fully equiped. Free parking in front of the house and within walking distance of hotspots. Oksana is a very friendly and accomodating host. We will definitely return to this place if ever in Memphis again. Highly recommended!

• Reviewed: March 28, 2018

the place is wonderful!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

the place is quite comfortable for 4 people, but the futon is slightly less comfortable than ideal, but other than that it was an amazing place

the place is wonderful! the host was responsive and helpful. highly recommended.

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Very nice apartment & the staff is very friendly.
    • Apartment with Balcony

Very nice apartment & the staff is very friendly. Thank you for the special touch with Michael's birthday! We will come back here when we come back to Memphis!

• Reviewed: March 25, 2018

A great place to stay in Memphis. Next time we are there, this will be our first choice.
    • Apartment with Balcony

The rooms were beautifully decorated. We stayed in the large apartment with a balcony as well as the studio apartment. Both apartments were great! Oksana, our host, was very friendly and was interested in our comfort. Overall, it was an excellent experience.

• Reviewed: March 21, 2018

Our stay at the Shellcrest was magical .
    • Studio Apartment

We stayed two nights . One night was at the downstairs apartment which had a washer and dryer which made our stay exceptional and a full kitchen .

Beautifully decorated !

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

The hostess couldn't have done more to check on our...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Could of used a baking sheet and a full length mirror.

The hostess couldn't have done more to check on our needs and make suggestions for restaurants.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

Fantastic place, very nicely decorated.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The collecting of the keys would have been excellent except I didn't pay attention to the text that was sent me the first time. I was busy and I overlooked it because it looked a little sketchy. Don't recall why exactly. I'm a very suspicious person.

• Reviewed: March 16, 2018

Great experience, host was wonderful. Would definitely consider this property again!
    • Studio Apartment

Not suitable for walking to downtown area. The apartment is approximately 1 mile from the downtown.

Very nice place. Clean, decor was awesome, bed was comfortable, kitchenette was very useful. Overall a great place. Great breakfast restaurant conveniently across the street.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Everything in Shellcrest was a pleasant surprise.
    • Studio Apartment

Everything in Shellcrest was a pleasant surprise. The property is gorgeous from the front door to th room. Every single detail make our stay beautiful. Everything that you can expect from a 5 star hotel with the coziness of a home! Oksana was always checking in and making you feel comfortable. If I come back to Memphis I’m definitely staying here!

• Reviewed: March 7, 2018

I liked everything- high ceilings, decore, comfort, location...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

There was nothing I didn’t like

I liked everything- high ceilings, decore, comfort, location, quiet- just awesome! I definitely would stay there again!

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

Extremely comfortable, very clean and everything you could...
    • Studio Apartment

Extremely comfortable, very clean and everything you could need for you stay. In fact we were very surprised by the little things that had been done to make us feel welcome and comfortable. Within walking distance of the downtown Memphis. Great breakfast/lunch place across the road. We truely felt at home here and could have stayed longer The studio apartment was very well planned out with great decor

• Reviewed: February 17, 2018

We enjoyed our home away from home while on vacation.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The house was beautiful, comfortable and a great value. Our host sent us a message and made herself available if needed. She also provided great extras for our stay. Location was excellent for what we went for, tour of Rhodes College and hanging in downtown Memphis. There was also a wonderful breakfast place across the street.

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

The apartment is a great size, lovely sized rooms, fabulous...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Whilst the apartment is only 15 mins walk away from downtown Memphis which is really convenient during the day, it’s a slightly deserted walk at night time, so may be best to drive or get a cab if you want to experience Beale St at night.

The apartment is a great size, lovely sized rooms, fabulous bathroom and really comfy beds plus really uniquely furnished. Lovely little outside patio which no doubt would have been great in good weather (far too cold when we were there!). Loads of little extras that truely added to comfort and experience such as coffee for the machine, porridge, toothpaste, soap, fragranced candles and even a complimentary bottle of wine. Great breakfast place directly across the road, very popular with locals. Good food market about 5 minutes drive away.

• Reviewed: January 30, 2018

Awesome unit, 25 minute walk to downtown, $7 cab home
    • Apartment with Balcony

About the unit, great as is..The city of Memphis is hurting though & reflected by the shops closed & vacant areas of town

Apartment was awesome, staging of the unit as well..Had a bit of miscommunication about the floor of the unit..We had no problems with the second floor [thought we had booked the ground floor unit] but if you don't like stairs, make sure get unit 101..Apt 201 has a great balcony overlooking the court yard

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

Perfect Memphis get away.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Bed is beautiful but very high. I’m short!

Very comfortable 2 bedroom apartment. Love the old building, close to Beale St. Breakfast right across the street. We only stayed one night, but you would be comfortable there much longer.

• Reviewed: January 25, 2018

Absolutely fabulous!
    • Apartment with Balcony

This property is in a brilliant location, super easy to get everywhere and the breakfast place across the road was great and very convenient! The bed was extremely comfortable and the whole flat was perfect, it had everything you could possibly need. Highly recommend to anyone staying in Memphis.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2017

No upscale hotel compares to this stay!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Maybe if it was out in East Memphis for safety reasons but we've had no problems

Everything, since right now my wife and I don't have a place this is next best thing, it's very thought out of the amenities for guests! Other than going out for food or visiting there's no need to leave!!!

• Reviewed: December 21, 2017

Fantastic location, easy check in, super comfortable beds and excellent experience overall
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

LOVED everything about this historical place. There are simply not enough words to express how greatful I am to the host who created this superb experience for anyone who wants to spend a night in downtown Memphis and have such a specious apartment and a private garden in the back. Walking distance to major attractions and the breakfast place across the street was a cherry on the top. Fantastic location, easy check in, the beds are super comfortable and they provided us with snacks, coffee and bottled water. The host went above and beyond to make our stay unforgettable. Shared happiness with all my friends and family and can not wait to return

• Reviewed: December 14, 2017

Great quirky apartment, but back bedroom damp & cold
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The back bedroom is a bolted on extension and we found it really cold and slightly damp. There is a portable electric heater in the room but I wouldn't have trusted it to be left on unattended or overnight just in case. We had a toddler with us and it was too cold for her at night really. Our bedding and clothes felt damp after we'd been out all day. Memphis was just turning really cold before we left and I don't think we could have done another night there. The main bit of the apartment is warm, but Victorian extensions are notorious for being damp unfortunately. The other thing is that to get to the lounge you have to pass through the main bedroom, so if like us you have a toddler that wakes early and you're staying in the back room, it means that everyone is woken early if you want to get to the lounge. The apartment would be fine for just a couple or 2 people staying in the main bedroom however. I did notify the host when we left and she was very good about it.

Really nice unique apartment, however I would say its best suited to a couple sharing one bedroom only.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2017

That God I don't wanna leave feeling!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

One thing only,,the bedroom in the back is not truly private because the shades don't completely cover bottom of Windows

The most at home feeling my wife an I have felt of anywhere we've ever stayed! We absolutely loved it an looking forward to many more stays

• Reviewed: September 19, 2017

Definitely will be back to visit!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

It got a little warm in the back bedroom but we just kicked the covers off.

The pillows and bed were amazing! Slept like a baby both nights we were there.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2017

Memphis downtown gem !!!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Location was perfect, walking distance to all attraction. Beds are comfier than I've ever experienced in hotels. Great value and easy check in. Will stay here everytime I come back to Memphis

• Reviewed: November 29, 2018

wonderful

still thinking

Exciting

Everything was wonderful

The bed was very comfortable

Great apartment, cool location
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

It was quite cold there, took some time before we found the heating, also bedsheets were quite cold

Great apartment, cool location

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

Everything was above and beyond.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Everything was above and beyond. I was so comfortable and will be back soon.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Fabulous. Would definitely recommend.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Two lots of steps to front of property proved difficult for disabled mother.

Fabulous place. Home from home and great location.

• Reviewed: October 20, 2018

We had a great time at Shellcrest and enjoyed the hospitality!

Great place--great location!