Reviews of Driftwood Beach Motel 2 stars

657 South Atlantic Avenue, Ormond Beach, FL 32176, USA

#15 of 26 hotels in Ormond Beach

• Double Room with Balcony or Patio and Kitchen - Ocean Front

The pool was gross and we didnt swim the entire time. Beds are hard and the place needs general maintenance. Lawn furniture needs to be trashed and start over. Who ever is in charge of maintenance and the pool need to be fired immediately!

The staff was amazing and super nice, seems to me the really are trying with what's being allowed. The place has potential if some money was spent. Its smaller and quieter. I could see this place being fantastic in the right hands.

• Double Room - Ocean Front View

The mattress was too firm for me. Not sure how to check for this in the future. Maybe i just have to pack a blowup mattress to put on top.

The staff were extremely accommodating. The beach was excellent! The pool was the perfect temperature.

• Double Room - Ocean Front View

Bed was horrible, holes in sheets and blanket, smelled like mold, broken towel bar, no glasses for the sink, wanted to cancel but didn't want to lose my $$

NOTHING, The towel bar was broken, the ceiling showed water damage, the window was cracked and the room smelled like MOLD.

• Double Room with Balcony or Patio - Oceant Front

The rooms could be a little cleaner but since you’re on the beach, sand is everywhere

The ocean is literally in the backyard. The location is super convenient to restaurants, shopping, putt putt and more. Great staff!

• Standard King Room - No View

The room was kind of falling apart. Cabinet door off hinge, curtain rod falling off, AC making a horrible noise. The beach shower was broke so the pool had a tonnage of sand. And I'm pretty sure we slept on a rock.

The location was ideal perfectly on the beach. the staff was very nice.

• King Room - Ocean Front View

We actually stated in questionere,,it was our first time ocean FRONT,,, and we were EXCITED,, then we get there and HAVE NO BALCONY??? rooms showed balcony,,,but not ours! Then we returned from our DAILY fun,,WE HAD TO WAK THE OWNER UP CAUSE WE HAD NO PARKING,,, we were asked to park across the street,,in A (dark) alley, When we REFUSED,,and asked for money back and we would just DRIVE HOME,,we were told NO refund,,and she pulled us in a HALF of a handicap spot!!,,, (Yes a half spot)?? We finally hot in bed around 1am,,bed was like A BRICK,,,we got up at 430 am and LEFT!!😢😢😢😢😢 bad EXPERIENCE for FIRST time ocean front.,, all we wanted was to have coffee on a BALCONY!!

Sadly,,,, NOTHING! Will never Return or recommend#!

• Standard Double Room - No View

Ladie at the front desk very nice and helpful.. Room clean and updated.. Loved pool of ocean.. Definitely my first choice whem staying on beachside...

• Standard King Room - No View

Room could have been finished a little better. Trim paint a little flaky. Toilet Paper Roll broken. Small things. Over all just fine.

Room Clean. Hotel quiet. Pool Beautiful.

• Standard King Room - No View

Once we got to the office to check in we were given our key and went to our room. Walked into the non smoking room and all you could smell was smoke. Looked over and their was an ashtray on the nightstand. I pulled the bed covers down and their wer hairs and spots all over the sheets. We grabbed our luggage and went downstairs to ask for a refund and the young lady said that she was sorry. That she coukd have put us in a room they had for handicapped people that was actually nice but that they hated renting that to young people. We are 37 and 40 so not like we were 18. Also, their was a prostitute leaving one of the rooms ns telling the gentleman thank you for a good time. I have never written a bad review and We travel alot. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Obviously you get what you pay for.

• Standard King Room - No View

I didn't like the look or feel of the bed. The bedspread and sheets were scratchy. The room was older than I anticipated, but the room was clean and overall ok. The lighting was not great. Bathroom was clean, with a new sink.

I liked the clerk who checked me in and the close proximity to the ocean. I also liked that the room was clean (though old) and there was hot water/good ac/working tv.

• Standard King Room - No View

Not the quality of hotel we are accustomed to. Old bedding. Dirty floors. Lights in the bathroom went out - total darkness in shower. Front door has gaps. Dishes were dirty. No elevator.

The TV worked. Check in person was friendly.

• King Room - Ocean Front View

Not enough parking. Had to park across the street because both lots were full. Pillows need to be replaced. They were very flat and uncomfortable. Disappointed that our room did not have a balcony. We thought all rooms had a balcony.

Location and price.

• Standard King Room - No View

The parking was terrible.

The room was really clean and updated and it was surprisingly close to the beach. I was not expecting the location to be so good with the cost being so low.

• King Room - Ocean Front View

Stairs and no pre-made coffee in the office. Actually I'm okay with stairs, but don't expect to have an elevator. They give free caffeinated sport drink, which is good and got me going in the morning.

Bed was nice with the window cracked I could hear the waves all night.

• Standard Double Room - No View

The bathrooms need some renovation. Otherwise was great!

Great location! Right on ormond beach. Mini putt right across the road. Walking distance to alcohol store.

• Standard King Room - No View

Bed smelled moldy. Bed was very hard. Air conditioner was soooo loud and ran constantly. You heard water or air conditioners in the building running all night.

• King Room - Ocean Front View

The room had NO hair dryer,no kleenix, no toaster, and above all, NO CONFORTABLE chair or sofa to set on, only two very HARD WOODEN CHAIRS. The room was priced way to high for the condition it is in. Last year, I stayed in a motel for half the price and a lot better accommodation. OH YES,the bottom sheet on the bed had two holes in it. I was afraid to use the dishes because of the sign on the door about sanitation. No elevator for elder citizens like myself. $536.70 for three nights in that place was way too much. It did not look like the pictures on the internet.

My room faced the ocean.

• Double Room with Kitchen - Ocean Front View

The property itself hasn't been kept up. And this hotel has no hot tub.

The furniture is new and updated, the beds are just too hard for my liking.

• Standard King Room - No View

The yelling and physical fighting coming from the room next door at 5:00 am. And the lack of on property parking.

The price but I’ll pay more for a better place next time.

• Standard Double Room - No View

Parking! This hotel has hardly any parking. We arrived back our room around midnight Saturday night and found we had to park on the other side of A1A. We discovered the next night there was more parking around the corner but there were no signs indicating the parking was part of the hotel.

Room was dated.. This is an older hotel but very clean. The price was right for the room. Staff was very nice.

• Standard King Room - No View

I stayed there left my watch in my room totally forget it..and they called me back saying I had left a voicemail watch in my room.. excellent!!! I still haven't picked it up yet..but I soon will..great friendly staff !!!

• Standard Double Room - No View

There was pee in the first bed we tried and then after moving us said they couldn’t find any pee, like we were making it up. There was definitely a big circle of yellow pee. Thankful they allowed us to move!

Not too crowded.

• Standard Double Room - No View

This is more narcissistic on my part but I really wasn't enamored with the color choices of the theme.

4 and older Motel, it had really nice facilities and a lot of upgrades have been made. I was impressed with a fact that instead of slivers of soap commonly found in economy motels they actually had dispensers of soap and shampoo in the bathrooms. The flooring the bed and the dacor had recently been upgraded. I was completely surprised and impressed considering I paid for an economy rate.

• Standard Double Room - No View

bed had blood stain on sheets and bathrooms need a face lift.

View was amazing.. looks like they are trying to renovate so it was a little odd but it was great for price..

• Standard King Room - No View

Only downsides, no hot tub, no breakfast but it doesn't list those amenities so not really a complaint.

The bed was the most comfortable bed I've slept on. Plus the hotel is right on the beach and right across from Mini Golf.

• King Room - Ocean Front View

Unsafe conditions at pool pump, exposed electrical. People in room above were noisy all night, stomping around and sounded as if they were moving furniture. Could not control temp in room with air conditioner.

• Standard King Room - No View

Lady at the reception needs new finger nail polish..........or just take the rest off!!!! It gives not a good first impression......... the place is phantastic.

The room was more than average, brand new huge bathroom. Very nice. Could not be better. Very quiet. Top location.

Parking is kinda tight

Bed was very comfortable, room was very nice. There are in the middle of renovations but everything they've done is very nice.

• King Room - Ocean Front View

The parking is terrible! I had to park across the street. This place is old and run down. There was also a roach on my bathroom floor. People yelling and partying outside my room and smoking. No elevator and I had to carry everything to the 3rd floor.

The staff was nice. The location is great! Beautiful sunrise in the morning.

• Double Room with Balcony or Patio - Oceant Front

Bring your own hand soap and kleenex! Underneath the bed was dirty!

The beach is right there. Spend the extra money and get a room with a balcony so you can enjoy sitting outside looking at the ocean directly in front of you!

• Double Room with Kitchen - Ocean Front View

Had no elevator, so if we took the room they tried to give us climbing steps wearing braces would have been a problem. They gave us a lower floor room, for $20 a night more. We killed at least one roach a day around the kitchen area. Had a note on cabinet saying, :Housekeeping does not do dishes, if you use them you have to wash them or you will be charged extra."

Pool area was nice plus they had new furniture around the pool. Bathroom looked new.

• Double Room - Ocean Front View

3rd story...no elevator..oceanfront...no balcony NO hair dryer...not even an extra roll of toilet tissue...would not recommend to anyone!!!!!!

View of beach

• Double Room with Balcony or Patio - Oceant Front

No hair dryer, coffee pot dirty, safe broke,bugs in dresser,bathroom door wouldn't close,patio door warped could see through it.

View,a/c, linen old but clean.

• Standard Double Room - No View

We shared our balcony with the room next to us. There was no place to wipe your feet when coming in from the beach/pool, which meant sand was everywhere. The room was way to small for the money. We had a hose reel in our balcony and there were cigarette butts laying on it. Dryer was out of order.

The pool was nice and not over crowded. Perfect for our daughter. I enjoyed that we had access to the beach and that we were given an oceanfront room at check-in, of course for more money.

• Standard Double Room - No View

Bed frame had a metallic, loud screeching noise every time you moved. Bed & bedding was not clean. Closet smelled musty, moldy.

Nice pool. Close to the beach. Attempts were obviously made to try to update the room. Laminate flooring instead of carpets in room was great since the motel was on the beach.

• Standard Double Room - No View

The beds were very noisy. Seemed like turning on the bed was announced to the whole complex. Springs very squeaky, and sounded like a tin can.

The rooms were basic, and the place was on the beach.

• Standard Double Room - No View

Loved the smallness of the properties, had breakfast outside under the gazebo, lunch, Happy Hour, Walking on the beach. Our room was kept very clean, very helpful with questions, arrival and room.

• Double Room with Balcony or Patio - Oceant Front

There was no bath tub for small children. The room had only a shower.

The staff was friendly and accommodating. The pool was well maintained and the beach was very accessable.

• Double Room with Balcony or Patio - Oceant Front

Sometimes parking was a challenge but we always found a spot

Really a retro Florida motel - very family friendly. Renovation still being done but iur room was wonderful

• Double Room with Balcony or Patio - Oceant Front

baby roach's crawling all over the bathroom and floors after dark!!!. rate was very high.. parking is a joke.. will never stay there again.. I hope no roach's road home with me.

I was at the beach..

• King Room - Ocean Front View

The room had a slight odor - would recommend air fresheners. nothing that was overpowering - just smelled like an old building.

This is an older property that has been renovated. Nothing fancy about it but it was clean and comfortable. Perfect for us for one night. The staff was very warm and welcoming upon check in and out.

• Standard King Room - No View

My only complains would be about the mattress, it was so hard that we could barely sleep that night. Bathroom was mostly clean and in the morning we didn't have hot water and we had to shower with cold water.

I did like the location and the pool are. Also the staff were great.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Double Room with Balcony or Patio and Kitchen - Ocean Front

We love this place. We come back annually. The people are nice, the rooms are tidy. I love staying in the beachfront rooms. We are looking forward to staying in the 1 & 2 bedroom suites next time we go with a lot of family.

• King Room - Ocean Front View

way over-priced; there was a dirty pair of underwear and socks left in the room from some previous guest. When I called the front desk and complained, she laughed about it and said she'd make a note for housekeeping to check for it after we left!!! Pool and outdoor furniture was old and dilapidated; most of the building needs new paint, especially the stairs. This would not take much to do, and yet, it hasn't been done. The pool equipment space was open to public view and dirty. Someone was smoking pot below us on their patio and we couldn't stand to be out on ours. Light in bathroom was very dim. Most of the property is in need of repair of some type, doors, patios, pool, furniture, landscaping

property was right on the ocean. We had ocean front room with awesome view. They allowed pets.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Standard Double Room - No View

The room smelled a little musty, I had to go to the Dollar Store and buy air freshener which helped.

Beachfront location, had a small kitchen which i did not expect.

• Double Room with Kitchen - Ocean Front View

The fridge didn't get cold and it leaked water on floor had to put towels in front of it. The door had holes in it. You could see the daylight coming through it. The balcony was filthy

Liked the location

• Double Room with Balcony or Patio - Oceant Front

The fridge leaked ,it didn't get coldand the door to balcony had holes in it. You could see through the door and the balcony wasn't swept off. It had cigarette ashes all over the balcony.

It was in a good location

• Double Room with Balcony or Patio - Oceant Front

I do not like having room on first floor. Only view is of the thousand kids swimming in pool. Outside patio and decks rough....Was way overpriced for what you get. Stayed at better places there for less money. Nothing matched in room . Get rid of old ovens. Make it simple and nice. Had the worst people staying at the same time. Was not a pleasant experience.

It was a hotel/Motel work in progress. Right on beach.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Standard Double Room - No View

The hotel was older..the beds squeaked..had noisy air conditioner..curtains didn't keep daylight out..would not stay here again..would research better next trip

I loved the location right on the beach, the hotel was in location that was easy to get around

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Double Room with Balcony or Patio and Kitchen - Ocean Front

How little parking there was for the amount of rooms and guests. We ended up having to park on the street one night and walk all of our belongings to the hotel.

I loved the view from my room! We slept with the back door open to hear the ocean. (:

• King Room - Ocean Front View

The facility was a run down dump.. No parking period. food splattered all over the walls the tv was so filthy I had to clean it so I could see the picture. I had to clean the refrigerator before I would even think about putting items in it. The balcony had Pieces of the air conditioner laying on it. The railing for the third floor was broken and unsafe. The whole facility was in need of attention.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Double Room with Balcony or Patio and Kitchen - Ocean Front

I had a room that had not been updated. Older refrigerator with freezer that hardly worked. Towel racks would fall off if you weren't careful.Remote battery cover was missing, annoying. Parking was terrible, unless u had a small compact vehicle.

Patio, pool and beach access.

• King Room - Ocean Front View

Not enough parking for guests.. Had to park far across the street.. Also no breakfast not as much as a bowl of cereal which would have been nice and I've come to expect to be able to eat a quiet simple breakfast at every place i stay so this was disappointing

• King Room - Ocean Front View

Parking issue..phone not connected to call office with a question about the tv remote not working. Poor office location from room we were staying in. Very unkempt outside. Needs paint and repairs. Would not recommend to anyone.

On the beach

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Double Room with Balcony or Patio and Kitchen - Ocean Front

I'm not sure about the condition of the other buildings but the center building is a little dated. It could use some remodeling! The price was way out of line for the quality of the motel but price gouging goes on a lot when the Daytona 500 is on!

Great beach and pool area, even an area to BBQ and tables & chairs to eat on dinner. It's clean, tidy and comfortable.

• Double Room with Balcony or Patio - Oceant Front

The baby roaches that were crawling, the no see ums which they called ghost ants that swarmed my balcony during the day and came in the room when I opened the door. They were eating me up. I called about it, I was told maintenance would come but after 30 minutes, they never came so I moved on with my day. Also the towels had stains even though you could tell they had been washed but your guest shouldn't have to guess if things are clean. The pool was cold even though we were told that it was suppose to be warm.

I liked the flat screen t.v and the room had a refrigerator and microwave. Also the wifi worked great.

• Double Room with Balcony or Patio - Oceant Front

ANNOYING gnat situation on the balcony. Apparently the previous occupants let some in the room too. So go prepared! Parking lot is not always easy to get out of.

It looks older in the photos on the site and bathtub was chipped and there was a small hole in the bathroom door. LOVED the pool that changes color at night!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Double Room with Balcony or Patio - Oceant Front

The bed was so high I needed a step stool and so noisy that it woke us up every time we turned over. No breakfast offered. The people above us did the Macarena all night and the sound proofing was terrible. Asked about some quilts piled in the hall and were told we couldn't have one. The spread was slippery. The tv kept going out because of a loose connection. And the patio was old concrete. The air conditioning was loose from the wall. I am shocked this had a 4 star rating and no I would not go there again.

The maintenance man went out of his way to help my husband looking for his hearing aid.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Standard Double Room - No View

Beds very squeaky, floors filthy dirty building run down roof was being repaired big tar machine in parking lot Parking lot very tight

Room not bad location great

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• King Room - Ocean Front View

No elevator, place is outdated, trying to fix up on a limited budget, its not working, needs a lot of work to bring up to todays standards. Can get much better lodging for similar price at different motel

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Standard Double Room - No View

Only only one thing. The box spring on one of the beds was very squeaky. So loud you woke up when person moved.

Location on the beach with an excellent price.Refrigerator and microwave.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Standard King Room - No View

The bed was super hard and we were right next to the place where the maids get their supplies so there was a lot of loud banging.

I liked that the shower was huge and updated.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Double Room with Balcony or Patio - Oceant Front

The building was, admittedly, an older structure from "old Ormond" but I believe that bring charm. With an old building came little inconveniences such as no elevator (we were on the third floor, and glad we didn't bring too much stuff to haul up). The beds were also those really old style springy beds that creak when you move. They were fine for a two night stay but I'm not sure I could have slept on the beds for much longer without having some back pain.

The rooms were newly remodeled with exceptional features such as a brand new flatscreen tv, quartz countertops, mono fridge and microwave. The pool looked to be newly resurfaced and all the pool chairs were super comfy and nice! This was a fabulous place to stay for such a great price!

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Standard King Room - No View

Parking is tight. Coffee maker on top of the microwave on top of the fridge, even on tip toes I couldn't reach to fill it

even though the Driftwood is a bit dated it was very clean, comfortable, the location just can't be beat and we will return

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Standard King Room - No View

Parking lot not that great. I know it might have been something that "needed" to be done but they were putting tar on the roof. It took up the parking lot, smelled terrible and was extremely loud. It was only a slight inconvenience but it woke me up early in the morning, so that was not pleasant when on a getaway night wanted to sleep in. Had I known they would be doing that I prob would have chosen a different hotel. Bed was very stiff (a con for me, tho maybe a positive for others.)

Location is great, easy access to beach. Free WiFi. Pool looked great (tho didn't actually use it.)

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Double Room with Kitchen - Ocean Front View

Noisy inside and outside. Workers are working even if there are more customers rest in rooms The window has been broken into line, but it's still there. Even you can see the beach from the window, but this window has effect the view

location close to beach

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Standard Double Room - No View

Beds were old with noisy innerspring mattresses. No alarm clock. Mismatched furniture.

Great value and location. Right on the beach. Nice pool and staff.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Double Room with Balcony or Patio - Oceant Front

A foot-wash station for when one comes off the beach would be nice.

Beds were nice and firm. We had a room on the first floor because no elevator for my 76 y.o. father. Right on the beach, the price was right since we were not going to be luxuriating in the room. Didn't use the pool but the beach-side grounds were nice. I really liked the little carafe coffee pot - we were able to make our own coffee. Fridge was much appreciated.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Double Room - Ocean Front View

For the price, very rundown. Yeah it was a bed and a shower. That's about it. When hand soap is a soft soap dispenser 1/2 full, that was the first indicator that this was going to be mediocre at best.

Frint desk clerk very pleasant. View of ocean from window nice.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• King Room - Ocean Front View

The bed was very uncomfortable.

Great room with balcony that is oceanfront. Could hear the ocean and was able to enjoy a beautiful sunrise. Steps to the beach. Great location and value!

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Standard Double Room - No View

.the bed was on a block. it made you feel like you were going to fall off. too high. bed linen had some sort of bugs... you could see them on your skin and actual bed cover... i was scared to get under linen.

quiet more mature guests loved the shampoo and body wash dispensers right in shower

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Parking

The pics presented a more updated location. I don't mind old school if I know I am getting old school. Receptionist was so friendly and helpful!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Double Room with Kitchen - Ocean Front View

Everything was dirty. Toilet paper had brown stains like someone had missed the toilet and it dried. Peanut butter was all over inside of the drawer. Dishes put back dirty and refrigerator dirty.

The scenery was nice.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Double Room with Kitchen - Ocean Front View

Wanted a room with patio or balcony,but did not get one not sure I thought when u booked it I booked a room with this,but my reservation when I got there didn't show that I had balcony or patio,and they didn't have a room left with one so was disappointed,

Really nice place loved the fact that it's on the beach plus it had a pool!!will go back soon I hope !!!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Double Room with Kitchen - Ocean Front View

Not enough parking ..wifi didnt work well outside of the room..since we're there to be outside I wish we would have had a better signal

Liked everything as far as cleanliness and location..it was great home away from home

Browse Driftwood Beach Motel traveller photo gallery