Reviews of Econo Lodge Oceanfront 2 stars

2109 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451, USA

#50 of 105 hotels in Virginia Beach

Wonderful - The Staff were extremely friendly and helpful,...

Wonderful - The Staff were extremely friendly and helpful, gave us information and directions to nearby restaurants. Very clean and comfortable room with an amazing view of the ocean. Enjoyed sitting out on the balcony. Also appreciated the coffee and continental breakfast.

Great hotel in convenient location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The property was clean and comfortable. The staff was courteous and helpful. The location right on the ocean front was great! I would definitely recommend to a friend.

Location was perfect
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room smelled like cigarettes so bad we had to sleep with the balcony door open which does not have a screen protector and I have a 2 year old and because there is no screen flies were roaming in the room. The room was very small.

Location was perfect

Would Stay Again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The gray painted walls and gray bed spreads. No protein items in Continental breakfast. I did not see a work out room.

Location and value and friendly staff.

I wish I would’ve booked for a longer stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I don’t have anything bad to say

Everything was great I didn’t get the chance to experience the breakfast I overslept lol but Ms. Tanya was great customer service legendary 😘

Enjoyed my stay very much, made memories with my son and very relaxng!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Only problem I had was the tv kept glitching...very aggravating while trying to watch a show...need some other type of service for tv viewing....really aggravating.....

I truly enjoyed my stay with my son. Very close to beach and shops and restaurants. Clean rooms with nice oceanfront balcony views! Very, very nice staff and respectable housekeeping service which is not found very often!! I will definitely stay again & recommend to family & friends!!

I felt I got money's worth.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When I arrived to the hotel I asked about veterans discounts, and I was told no adjustments could be provided after reserving the room online. The size and location of the pool didn't appear to be accurate with the pictures online.

Loved the ocean view from the balcony.

Will never book with this hotel again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Disappointed with staff. No gym, too pricy not many amenities. They were unwilling to provide a 1 bed room and made a big deal for check out time. Harassing to charge extra if i didn't leave in 10 mins. They were also unwilling to provide a late check out. Worst hotel I've ever visited.

We had a good stay and will return again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

We were unhappy about the pool hours. We didnt see very many in door activities.

Our stay was good, the view was great, the staff was super friendly. We pleasd with the breakfast.

My overall stay was awesome. We had a total of 4 rooms and we had a great time.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Did not like the position of the shower curtain. Need the curve bar because the water pressure is great and makes the shower curtain move and stick to you.

Great location, in walking distance to the shops

Decent for the price during off season. Would not pay more during the summer.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Parking is tight. The pool is very small and the pictures online are misleading. The rooms are tiny.

The continental breakfast was good. The hotel and rooms were clean. The view is great.

My stay was nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The inside of the parking deck was small seemed dangerous not enough room for more than one car turning the corner.

The bed was comfortable. The staff were friendly. The indoor pool was warm. The balcony view was gorgeous. The breakfast had waffles juice milk cereal coffee & bagels.

Tremendous value for the money!

Parking garage was tight. Had to honk to get in after a certain hour

Bed was super comfortable. Amazing ocean view we even saw dolphins! Hot breakfast with waffles good variety of options

The view couldn't have been better!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The view couldn't have been better! Andrew was so polite and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. I would DEFINITELY stay again. Good value.

GreT

Staff was very friendly. I had stayed at hotel for church conference last year and Michele at front desk remembered me. Thought that was great customer service

I've traveled from Maine to Florida several times this year, this was the most exciting place.

I was very happy with my stay at this location. Can not provide a dislike.

The location and the Ocean view are priceless. And the sites and activity's in any direction you go when you exit the building are great for anybody.

We had an oceanfront room with a balcony.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Beds not quite as comfortable as expected. Some floors reeked of cigarette smoke.

We had an oceanfront room with a balcony. The front desk staff was really friendly. Parking was on property and adequate.

nice place to stay on a budget
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

found out the next morning that our room had ants. I picked up my aluminium water bottle off the table and it was covered in ants. The balcony door was stuck and we couldn't get it open, maintenance came right away and got it open but then we couldn't close it all the way or it would get stuck again.

Love the location. Right on the boardwalk, everything easy walking distance. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Very inexpensive and checked us in early.

July 2017

The breakfast was not what I expected. I was so disappointed. The cereal was almost empty. One kind was already gone. The pastries , bagels and orange juice was almost gone. . A worker just stood there watching everyone with a rude look on her face. And she was clearly not doing her job with keeping up with the little bit of breakfast that was even served. It wasn't like anyone was going to steal it- it wasn't enough there to even try to take.. I can't believe that breakfast was even a part of my bill.

Location and Customer Service !!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I wasn't able to log into the Wi-Fi during my whole stay. The exhaust fan in the room wasn't working, and one of the lamps didn't work as well. To accommodate we left the bathroom door open to avoid any built up condensation, and there were other lamps in the room we could use instead of the broken one. As far as the Wi-Fi, once we got on the beach we didn't need it. :)

The property is ocean front, right on the boardwalk, which makes the location priceless. You can see the sunrise over the beach right from your balcony. The rooms could be updated, but overall comfortable, and the friendly staff makes up for it. The hotel staff was really friendly and resourceful in making our stay enjoyable.

We had an excellent vacation
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking/Ground Floor

I found nothing to be disappointed with this hotel...Had a wonderful experience with this hotel

They have really good continental breakfast, staff was very nice, very clean rooms and nice indoor pool....Easy access walking to the ocean and boardwalk

Very pleasant stay at Econolodge Hotel

I wish there was a little more selection for breakfast. Maybe bacon and egg sandwiches for people on the go.

I liked that everything was within walking distance and the beach was right outside the door.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Was not HAPPY with Stay at all

water pressure was very low took long time to wash shampoo out of hair. the BUGS on balcony was SO BAD could not sit on balcony they sprayed 1 time and did not work. there was Black mold on the back of the bathroom door frame.

ice machine was close by

Will be staying here again! =)
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff at the Econo Lodge where so nice, specifically Michelle... She helped us so much, gave us recommendations for entertainment and dining. They gave us extra pillows and made sure we felt at home. I am planning a 2nd trip and will be staying at the Econo Lodge. :)

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Bad business
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Everything price rooms am so upset at how they treated us

They charge me for a efficiency room and gave me a standard room we had to sleep on floor I hatedy trip

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

We had a wonderful Stay!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking/Ground Floor

The only improvement that can be made is the front sign NEEDS to be pained or replaced to be bright to be readable. he Lodge is overshadowed by two much larger buildings and it is difficult to see when trying to locate it for the first time.

The Lodge on the whole was very lovely. My sister and I really enjoyed the relaxing environment.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Great place with an ocean view for a low budget.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The Parking garage is tight for parking and driving into. The pool is really small.

The Ocean views were amazing and it is centrally located on the boardwalk with shops and bars right across the street. The ladies at the front desk were helpful and gave us driving directions to local restaurants in the bay.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Clean, comfortable, and a great location just feet from the boardwalk and ocean front

Misplaced my gold necklace in a towel in the room during my stay and upon returning to the hotel the very day I checked out the staff had said they didn't find it. We were one of only two rooms that were occupied the night prior so I asked to look in the laundry room because it couldn't have just disappeared. When I went into the laundry room I didn't find it but it magically appeared on the ground by the folded towels when I was leaving. The cleaning woman definitely pocketed it and threw it on the ground when I was looking thru the laundry to avoid further interrogation. Staff was deceiving instead of honest.

Great location, right on the Virginia Beach Boardwalk. Room had a balcony overlooking beautiful ocean front. Plenty of places to eat, shop, and explore. The beach was just yards from the hotel. The room was very clean and comfortable while the pool was warm and relaxing.

Excellent but a little stressful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I didn't like how the staff kept accusing my guest and I of doing things we didn't partake in.

I loved the ocean view of the rooms and how the hotel was close to all locations.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Wonderful!

Everything was great!

We had a great time staying here for the weekend! The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly! They also have a heated pool!

That it was a ocean front room
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room was dirty, the curtains were dusty and even do it was a smoking room there so nothing to refresh the smell I have to go to the pharmacy and get some air refreshment and a candle with some fragrance because it was very bad

That it was a ocean front room

Never staying there again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The ac was blowing black stuff all over one of the beds. The bathroom door was hard to open and was breaking the wood on the door at the top. The bathtub was discusting, the shower head was broken and spraying water everywhere except down, and the sliding glass door kept coming off track and sticking. Sometimes hard to close cause it wouldn't stay on track.

The staff were nice. They weren't overly friendly but nice.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

It was close to the beach & we had a beach view!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The bed wasn't very comfortable.. The blankets were thin.. & it was a little noisy when people walked by our door.. But over all it was an okay stay.

It was close to the beach & we had a beach view!

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

great room reasonable price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Doors would slam hard...but nothing that we couldnt handle

Room was comfortable, breakfast was great and pool was just right !!! Would recommend for a reasonable stay...also elevator was fast

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Well worth it for the price
    • Deluxe Double Room

The breakfast wasn't very good. No fresh food was served, and there was only some bread and a waffle maker.

For the price, it had a great view with a very large balcony. Beds were comfy, it was clean, and good water pressure.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

A decent hotel for a family on a budget who wants to enjoy some beach time.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hallways in the hotel are not air conditioned and it gets VERY hot. There is only 1 elevator so wait times for it are pretty long. The inside pool is SO small and in front of the hotel. It's just awkward. The beds were VERY hard and only a size full. For families, a queen is much better so sleep didn't come easy for us.

The view from the room was absolutely fantastic. The staff was also very nice. I liked having the waffle iron available for breakfast but you had to get downstairs early in order to get one. While we were there, there were fireworks in the evening out on the water and we watched them right from our room. It was the perfect location.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Wonderful place for your dollar.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

There were a few stray ants in the bathroom, no biggie. The doors could be better. The room door is not soundproof so could hear everything from the hall. The sliding glass door to the balcony wsas sticky and when closed you could hear the wind whistling in the one night it was windy. I turned on the ac and it blocked the noise.

The room was on the third floor with a balcony. Could lay in bed and see and hear the ocean. The fridge had a freezer too, small coffeemaker and microwave was nice. The beds were comfortable, pillows plentiful. Cable TV with HBO, stars and Disney. Private parking deck on site. Room was very clean, plenty of towels. Really like this hotel. Didn't eat any breakfast so can't comment on it.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Never stay there
    • Deluxe Double Room

My roommate,s room card never worked. 13 cards in 3 days. Male manager rude and hostile. Desk staff ok. Dirty-for 3 days the rug outsixe our door..dirty- same papers on the floor, bugs in room- bought my own spray, there was a ck tainer of bug spray in elevator within reach of children, under sink in kitcheenet there were dead bugs and a large hole. We could not find another place to stay on the beach or would have left. Will never stay in econo faucility ever again.

Nothing except it wS on the beach

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Not too bad....
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Room had a musty smell when we first got there. Bathroom is really small.

The location is great. Had a great view and we were close to lots of shops and restaurants

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

Mom's Gift to Son and Granddaughter
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

You can't control Mother Nature. Carpet was wet 3 ft. inside the sliding glass doors from being blown in due to Hermaine. Suggest using draft dodger sand bags.

The ocean front view was wonderful. Ease of access to and from Va. Beach. Staff very accommodating.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

I loved staying here.

The unfinished tiling on the roof below was an eyesore when standing on the balcony. But I would still book this hotel even with that in a heartbeat.

I loved staying here. The staff was friendly but not intrusive. My oceanfront room was comfortable ,as well as, my king size bed, and watching the sunrise from my balcony was spectacular.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

I loved that the property was right on the beach.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I didn't particularly like that the room was not spotless. The plastic lawn chairs on the balcony were dirty with sand that could have been easily wiped down prior to our arrival. There were also cobwebs on the balcony. Behind the bathroom door hadn't been dusted either. The toilet seat needed to be changed as well.

I loved that the property was right on the beach. The water pressure in the shower was great as well!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Thank you. Virginia Beach sure has changed in 25 years.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathtub did not drain, therefore, there was ankle deep water while showering. Couldn't set alarm clock.

View was great. Breakfast items were nice.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

** 2 stars recommend if your not looking for top amenities
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hallway was not air conditioned. It was horrible. Breakfast selection was horrible & where indoor pool is located?? Right in front no privacy? ?

I liked the balcony in room. Seeing the beach.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

Great Location
    • Deluxe Double Room

Two of the four pillows smelled so bad we had to put them in the hall. It took two days to get them replaced.

Love the location...the staff was nice. I would go back again.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

My vacation time
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

the only thing that I didn't like it was the schedule for us to be able to use the pool..10pm to 11pm...really? Never use it anyway but overall was a good experience

Great view and ok price for the location of the hotel....

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

I would do it all over again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking/Ground Floor

IT didn't last long enough and I think they should change their check out time that's it

They have a good service they help me with my car when it didn't start up they gave me a jump very good customer service

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Great place! Great view!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Room key had to be refreshed 5 times, but they say if it is next to credit cards or cell phone that it happens, so I understand.

Great location! Dolphins all day long! Comfy beds. Clean!

My main mission was to stay in a clean hotel roo close the the beach and that is what I got.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Beds were a little unconfortable and the price is a little high.

Loved the stay. Very clean.

WiFi didn’t work on the 3rd floor

The dirtyness

The dirtyness

great stay needs to be updated but was clean and cozy no bed bugs

needs to be updated 2018 more inviting and needs paint job in and outside

clean and staff was great no bed bugs and needs to be updated 2018

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Smelled very bad and felt dirty! Uncomfortable beds!! Socks turned black from the carpet!! No balcony table!

The outside appearance did reflect the rooms.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The outside appearance did reflect the rooms. The balcony wasn't clean.

We had a great time

parking wasnt good not enough we had to park else were do to spaces being full of other things other than cars

Comfort and location

Will return

Location price clean

Smelled funny. Especially the pool when you enter

The hotel was a great place for my mini vacation
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Could use some updating. Cable TV inconsistent.

Great value for oceanfront. Room was decent size.

The pool was too small.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The pool was too small.....

GREAT PLACE TO STAY

Wish had more choices on breakfast bar.

Everything!

There weren't any bed bugs surprisingly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No wifi. Corporate needs to invest some money here to renovate it. It needs it badly.

There weren't any bed bugs surprisingly.

The staff was extremely friendly and the view was awesome!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Room could use an update.

The staff was extremely friendly and the view was awesome!!

All and all it was a perfect enviroment for a wonderful ight.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The rooms could've been a little more up to date.

The room had a perfect view of the ocean.

Good after getting check in problem solved

They had not received reservation from booking.com they did not have our reservation

The view of ocean

Great!

The room was small

The view

A clean, comfortable, and affordable stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The wi-fi was an unsecured network

The view was fantastic!

Loved the price, and loved the location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Loved the price, and loved the location.

View

View

The room would never get warm and the hallways were always...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room would never get warm and the hallways were always cold

5.5
    Good for one night. Great beach view
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathrooms could use some updating. Rooms could be updated as well.

Small pool

Small pool

Great beach view
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Small rooms and wifi horrible

Great beach view

The location is great, close to everything.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location is great, close to everything. The view is amazing.

The view was great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The view was great.It was quiet & The price was good. Plus breakfast.

We had a great time. We would definitely return.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking/Ground Floor

The staff was excellent, and we enjoyed the breakfast.

Browse Econo Lodge Oceanfront traveller photo gallery