Reviews of The Ridge Hotel 3 stars

151 East Houston Street, Lower East Side, New York, NY 10002, USA

#247 of 415 hotels in New York

We had a wonderful 11 days and found the staff really made it welcoming and easy to stay.
    • Standard Queen Room

The rooms were very small and no hanging space for clothes. Sometimes we had to ask for toiletries. A cupboard in the bathroom would have been useful. Locked access to being able to change the cooling system made it frustrating at times

the coffee and muffins every morning were great and with the hot weather the constant iced drinks available were very much appreciated in the foyer The rooftop verandah was so beautiful, we saw the 4th July fireworks, had drinks up there and breakfast. The staff were very helpful with all our demands. The subway station alongside the hotel was easy and the local access to wholefoods shops and restaurants was great

Location is great.
    • Standard Queen Room

Poor Wifi. First 2 days I was located in ground floor in an old and noisy room. Some of the staff never resolved my complaints. Coffee is always cold at the lobby. Some details in the bathroom should be fixed. Linen was clean but some stains remain.

Location is great. Comfortable bed.

Stay cheap but you do not get cheap!
    • Standard Queen Room

There was nothing I didn't like.

The rooftop deck was amazing! Stay cheap but you do not feel cheap. This is a wonderful hotel for the price we paid. It was located in a beautiful part of lower manhattan.

Would definitely stay again, and would recommend to anybody thinking of staying in NYC
    • Standard Queen Room

Rooms could have been bigger, but we knew that before we booked. Not a lot of wardrobe/drawer space

Great location, great staff who cared. Manager was very proud of his hotel. Rooftop terrace has great views

The only reason this property is good is that you’re able to...
    • Standard Queen Room

I dropped off my bag at 8am asked that when I check in later to please not put me near the elevator (I even requested this in my reservation). I check in and was given a room right outside the elevator. A good hotel or a hotel with a good front desk would have accommodated this simple request, not tell me I checked in too late and this was the last room. EVERY day of the 4 days I was there I would find a very large bag of dirty towels left outside my door from housekeeping of others guest (this was the room cleaning process). It was disgusting to say the least. Now I come to find out I was overheard almost $100. And cannot get anyone yo tell me why

The only reason this property is good is that you’re able to control the thermostat in your room

A terrible hotel in a good area
    • Standard King Room

The hotel feels and looks dirty, from the lobby all the way to the rooms. The rooms themselves are tired and extremely dated. The AC barely works and is extremely loud, Tiles in the shower were missing and as such mould was starting to build up. The mattress felt very cheap and was far too springy for a comfortable sleep. I would recommend shopping around as there are far better hotels in the area with cleaner and better rooms. Don't assume that this hotels photos will reflect what you will receive.

It is in a good area if location is all that's important to you.

1. great location
    • Standard Queen Room

1. corridors need renovation and a more frequent & thorough vacuuming 2. was a bit loudy during the nights

1. great location 2. nice staff 3. comfortable beds

Excellent location.
    • Standard Queen Room

I didn’t have air conditioning for 3 days and the general manager, Steve Vargas, was so condescending and offered me $26 off my entire stay and a one night $99. That doesn’t even cover the cost of one night. I’ve stayed in this hotel wbeb it was the Hotel East Houston, but as long as Steve Vargas is in charge, I will no longer be staying here.

Excellent location. Staff is amazing. Great renovations.

pleasant and clean!
    • Standard Single Room

initial check-in was not pleasant. The woman at the front desk was very unfriendly and seemed to give us attitude as soon as we walked in. Other than that we had a great experience! thank you so much!

we had a very pleasant experience with MOST staff there. Very sociable and welcoming!

Hotel is very noisy, both inside and outside.
    • Standard Queen Room

Hotel is very noisy, both inside and outside. Workers are very scandalous, walls very fine, and traffic and people from street is massive. Quality of the towels is very good.

It's a great location, and they charge a fair rate. Buyer-beware though--be sure to call prior
    • Standard Twin Room

They placed us on a floor where there were renovations. Waking up to drills and hammering at 9AM almost ruined the trip. Had to scratch and claw for compensation for it. Didn't feel like the manager was really listening to me when I was voicing my concerns.

The location. The rooftop. Bed was firm but comfy.

good location in lower east side.
    • Standard Queen Room

Air conditioner in room 205 did not work. Bed was just a few inches off the floor, hard to get in and out of bed. Changed room to #202, toilet ran all day and night. Maintenance staff said it had been broken for some time and their was no interest in fixing. Poor maid service. Don't replace towels when they are on the floor. No replenishment of soap, shampoo over a 3 day stay. The hotel is being renovated and it is very noisy during the day. They are understaffed at night.

good location in lower east side.

Good stay but started with the wrong foot.
    • Standard Queen Room

The mattress was queen size but the base was smaller, resulting in the mattress hanging out and bending. At first we've been presented with a room which was definitely not up the standard of the room we saw when booking online, with also a bleep noise from the air con which we've been told was not possible to fix. When reported and asked for the room we actually booked, a manager tried to say they could only offer a standard room, even though we paid for a queen, and they were not going to refund the difference. After some complaining and subtle persuading, we managed to have a queen magically appearing as available from that very night...let's say he tried.

Great location and rooftop view. The view from the room was good as well. The neighbourhood is great Some of the staff (Kevin and Justin!) were very welcoming and friendly other part of the stuff, let's say, not so friendly though..

the hotel's location was good, easy access via subway.
    • Standard Queen Room

the wifi did not work that properly, on the 4th floor the signature was not that strong. we did not like the bed that much but this was our experience, maybe other guests like that.

the hotel's location was good, easy access via subway. the check-in was fast, the guy at the front desk was kind and helpful. The elevator was big enough for the luggages and worked better than in other hotel where we stayed before in NY. The room was ok, a bed, a shower, a window and a table, and also we had space to put our luggages on the floor. The complimentary drinks and snacks in the lobby is perfect, it was a huge plus to our stay. The rooftop is awesome, you have a nice view from there.

Location was good for east and west village.
    • Standard Queen Room

Cleaning: during 4 nights visit bathtub was not cleaned once, shampoo, conditioner was not replaced once, cleaning was overall superficial. Room: quality of furniture was both super cheap and worn out. Bed was super hard. I did not sleep well once for that reason. Price/quality ratio: even with my genius status the price/quality ratio was not okay. For the price of Ridge I have stayed in much better and cleaner rooms at equally good locations in nyc. And I stay there quite a bit. Can not recommend - not the good American quality.

Location was good for east and west village.

Decent place to overnight.
    • Standard Twin Room

They could invest in the rooftop (as they have such luxury) to make it more comfortable. Once the cleaning staff left our door open and we arrived much later in the evening! Not enough space to unpack your stuff from the suitcases, some shelves and table would be nice to have. The shower was typical american one.

Good location to stay when exploring the city. Relatively nice value for the money. Helpful front desk.

NYC at its best
    • Standard Queen Room

There were a few kinks this time, i.e a problem with the shower, missing towels, no hangers,

Staff is friendly and always available plus open to feedback. Location is great--right on the F line and only a few blocks from the B, D, and 6 lines. We also love the rooftop sitting!

Great hotel, great location!
    • Standard Queen Room

Amazing location, very friendly staff, and great accommodations, the rooftop had awesome views to relax and have a couple of drinks, room had everything we needed, very close to train stations. Will definitely come back!

Clearly worth the price, despite some traffic noise especially in the evening. Nice staff.
    • Standard Queen Room

- The noise from the street was perhaps a bit too present in the evening (but this is New York) - Quite small room (but again, this is New York)

- Newly, beautifully refurbished room - Corner room, a lot of light

All in all an enjoyable stay and manager was approachable and staff very helpful
    • Standard Twin Room

Its in the process of refurbishment that we were not aware of. First room was terrible,could not sleep on mattress, but new ones arriving. We got moved to an upgraded Refurbed room, which was better. Roof terrace was poor, old furniture but good views.

Great staff. Clean and location fine for subway and restaurants etc.

terrible
    • Standard Queen Room

it was a terrible stay - a part of the hotel on my floor was being renovated (what I was not informed about previously) while I was sleeping and the staff were very noisy that I could not sleep at all, they entered my room laughing at me; the reception desk was calling to my room 3 times while I was sleeping - because of that I just escaped from that place as fast as it was possible. They offered a discount to me but I did not get it.

The staff was very nice and polite!
    • Standard Single Room

Cleaning lady always came very late

The staff was very nice and polite! They evenemang moved us to a room with bigger bed without extra charge. The location was good, close to several subway stations. Extra plus for the free coffee and lemonade at the lobby!

Great stay at the Lower East Side, with the subway, good food and amenities nearby.
    • Standard Single Room

The standard single room was the perfect size for a single traveler. It might be a slightly tight squeeze if there were 2 people. The room and toilet were clean. And I had a great view of the street below and the building tops of downtown that were lit at night. The lobby has free coffee in the morning and lemonade throughout the day. There is only a single lift serving the 7-storey building which can mean some waiting. But I never had to wait more than 2 minutes for it. The hotel features a rooftop area that give an incredible view of downtown. The front desk staff was very warm and friendly. They were clear with the administrative processes of the hotel and could give good recommendations about the area. And they provide luggage storage if you have a later flight out of the city. And the neighbourhood was great, with good food and amenities all less than 1-2 block away. You could walk to Katz Delicatessen for their delicious pastrami sandwich and then over to the UCB East for a comedy show. Even though I was a single female traveler, I never felt unsafe in the area. The hotel is on a main street with plenty of streetlights. You can uber to the airport for approximately 30 dollars.

Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful.
    • Standard Queen Room

We were there on business. Some of the rooms had no desks--difficult to work. Air conditioning in 608 was poor. I'd recommend for value for visitors to NYC but not for business at this stage.

Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Best part of the experience.

The location is good.
    • Standard Queen Room

I was not greeted very friendly during arrival at the hotel. I was told how much money I owe to the hotel not hello and welcome. The aircondition in my room was so loud I could not sleep. Some of the furniture in the room were broken/worn out. I have stayed in better hotels at the area for same amount of money.

The location is good.

I definitely would stay here again. Great price for the location.
    • Standard Queen Room

Lighting in room was dim. Rooms were small but very clean and comfortable.

Loved the lobby. Nice hot and cold beverages little muffins and snack bars. Staff was very accommodating.

Bad
    • Standard Single Room

The first room had a single bed despite paying for a larger bed. The second room they gave us on the ground floor, i could hear everything going outside including people abusing. The holes were covered with chipboards. It felf living in a warehouse

Our stay in NYC was fine , the hotel could have been better.
    • Standard Queen Room

No bar. No tea/ coffee in rooms. Rooms too small. Inadequate storage. Hotel going through re furbishment .

Bed big and comfy. Bathroom clean and adequate. The staff were great .

Location!
    • Standard Single Room

A fair amount of works being done at the moment, a bit noisy during the day if one wanted to rest Wireless pretty poor

Location!!! staff very nice and helpful. Managed to check in a bit earlier after a long night flight, staff was extremely helpful to allow that

I liked the clean, safe room and appreciated the friendly and professional staff.
    • Standard Single Room

The room was pretty small. There was street noise but that's to be expected and certainly not the fault of The Ridge.

The staff was welcoming, friendly and professional. I felt safe given that I was traveling by myself. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The room was quiet -- I could tell the management made sure guest comfort was a priority.

Great location with courteous staff, clean but average accommodations.
    • Standard Queen Room

Room was very small (as to be expected in NYC) but ultimately ended up feeling cramped because of the layout. The bed was pretty uncomfortable for two – seemed older than the current renovation. On the whole a positive experience, but I will explore other options in the future.

Location is excellent, within a block or two of great coffee & restaurant options and MTA stops. Hotel staff was courteous and kind. We arrived in the morning and were able to leave our bags until our afternoon check in time.

Wonderful stay. Was extremely pleased with the hotel. Will stay there again
    • Standard Twin Room

All was great but I would have like to have the CNN channel on the TV

Great neighborhood feel. Wonderful location. Quiet all night. Secure. Staff were very responsive.

Next time I need a hotel in NYC, I'll check with booking.com to see if The Ridge is available.
    • Standard Single Room

Room was very well designed, but bed was not the most comfortable. No table/chair for working in the room. Room was very small, but I expected that for a boutique hotel in NYC. Card with wi-fi login had "12 noon checkout", but the management came up many times after 11:00 to say we needed to check out.

Location to music venue we went to was around the corner. Price for a NYC boutique hotel was great. Bathroom was really nice. Rooftop patio was pretty cool.

Great, value for money hotel!
    • Standard Queen Room

There was a bit of a privacy issue in the room, because the bedroom and the bathroom were separated by a blurry glass wall, so in the morning we had to leave the room for the other person to use the bathroom. Nonetheless, we really enjoyed our stay in The Ridge Hotel.

Great hotel overall! The staff was very nice and kind, they helped us with everything we wanted. They even received a package from Amazon for me, free of charge. The hotel is located in the Lower East Side, a very nice and convenient location, right next to the 2nd Av Subway station (it is literally across the street, and with a second entrance right around the corner)! In just 20 minutes you can wander around in Times Square! There is a rooftop on the 7th floor with amazing views, where we used to drink our first coffee (which is offered for free down in the lobby btw) of the day! Small room, but bigger than the average in this price range.

Location is perfect, reception night shift is very helpful.
    • Standard Queen Room

No replacement of bath materials, annoying noise of the mechanical infrastructure

Location is perfect, reception night shift is very helpful. Metro station entrance is outside the corner. Great cafes around.

Kevin at the front desk was very kind and helpful.
    • Standard Queen Room

The street noise is very noticeable in the rooms, including many car horns. Ear plugs helped me tremendously.

Kevin at the front desk was very kind and helpful.

Nice roof terrace.
    • Standard King Room

Nice roof terrace. Good location, metro station round the corner. Good food available in a walking distance. Friendly staff, free candies, coffee and juice during the day. Not the biggest room but good enough.

bed was fine, bathroom was fine.
    • Standard Single Room

I was in 602. There was the sound of rushing water all night long. Not sure of the source but it seemed it was from above and outside the room (I think). Kept waking me up.

bed was fine, bathroom was fine. Good room temp.

Great location to tour the city, comfortable and affordable!
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was a little small. The bathroom had a frosted glass wall so it was quite awkward using the toilet!

The hotel was in a great location,it was easy to find and get around the city within just a few stops. There were a number of bars and restaurants close by also. The bed was lovely and comfortable!

Good location but lacking in services
    • Standard Single Room

There was a lot of noise in the room from the drainage running in the wall 24/7. The hotel has no breakfast - there is free coffee all day long, though. I had to ask them twice to replace the hairdryer as they were not working properly.

The subway station was two steps from the hotel door- F line taking you to uptown Manhattan. The staff was friendly and helpful - they offered to make a restaurant reservation as we didn't have service on our mobile.

good location, but very noisy and small rooms + ongoing remodelling
    • Standard Queen Room

Roooms are very noisy - noise from traffic and from other rooms (walls are very thin). After the first night we asked for more quiet room and we got the room on the 5th floor, where all other rooms were under remodelling, so we had an additional source of terrible noise. The rooms are very small - the bed coveres the majority of the living space, so most our staff we kept on the floor. Additionally, the rooms are very poorly equipped - there are no table or even a chair.

I like the location with the convenient access to subway and complimentary coffee in the lobby.

Had a Great stay at The Ridge! very friendly and helpfull staff. Nice clean room and a Great rooftop
    • Standard Queen Room

The floor we were staying at was being renovated. Quite noisy.

Great location and very friendly and helpfull staff! Room was nice and clean with a great bathroom. Very nice rooftop with a perfect view!

Great location for in the East Villiage
    • Standard King Room

It's New York City, so of course the room was very small and on the weekend, very expensive. But that's life in the city. Hall carpets could use a shampoo.

Staff was friendly and helpful, lobby was very nice, room and bathroom were clean and the rooftop was wonderful.

Perfect clean hotel. Excellent location
    • Standard Queen Room

Wi-Fi at times could have been better

Lovely staff. Perfect location for seeing all the sights. Right beside subway stop and supermarket market fresh was excellent for food.

Good hotel in a good location in need of further redecoration/modernization.
    • Standard Single Room

In the basement you could store food in a fridge, microwave it, and eat it at tables there if desired. Only it was uninviting to do so, no attention to the visuals. Tables were surrounded by boxes, laundry, old mattresses, you wanted to leave as soon as possible. Halls, paint, stairwells, noisy boiler systems all in need of redecoration/modernization, which is why I only gave a “fair” appraisal for the value for money category.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beds were good as was the shower. The location was really good too, near subways, shops and restaurants. Coffee and tea facility in the lobby.

Great location, but not the most comfortable.
    • Standard Single Room

Room was a bit 'worn' and not the most comfortable bed. Cleanliness was alright but inconsistent throughout the week with clean towels and bed made on some days, but not on others.

Great location with easy access to several subway stations and amazing places to eat. Great value for price.

A comfortable, convenient location at the right price.
    • Standard Twin Room

The coffee was really bad. Only tried it once.

Delighted to find a computer and printer I could use to print out the tickets I needed. Loved the big sunny window in our room. The rooftop garden was a delight, even in cold weather.

Good location in Lower East Side area of Manhattan in...
    • Standard Queen Room

Tiny room with no kettle and no facilities on site, except for some coffee & water downstairs. Staff were also not the friendliest - we turned up late in the evening and there was no welcome of any kind, just a handing over of keys. Would not recommend this place unless you’re really looking for a LES cheap spot.

Good location in Lower East Side area of Manhattan in walking distance to some great spots like Katz Deli, Rivington Street and across the road from a large Wholefoods.

Got what I was promised. Best price in the village for what I received. Friendly staff too.
    • Standard Single Room

There was like one tiny stain on my sheet if I have to nitpick but you could tell it wasn’t dirty. Just an old mark that not even bleach could get out.

I had a bizarre request to check in between 1-3am. Before I booked, I called and spoke to reception. She told me she would ensure that the room was held since it was the last one available. When I got there, someone ahead of me was turned away on account of there’s being no more rooms. They kept the last room as they said they would, even with a bird in the hand.

Great location and basic accomodation in a modernized building
    • Standard Queen Room

Beware of the extra USD 10 per night the hotel charges for the coffee and water served at the lobby.

The building looks modern in the inside and the location is great in the East side.

Good value and location.
    • Standard Queen Room

Good value. Not a place for a romantic getaway but perfectly adequate and well located in the lower East side. Lots of bars and restaurants in the neighborhood.

Location location location!
    • Standard Queen Room

If you are looking for a large room, I wouldn't recommend staying here as the rooms are small (to be expected in NYC). However, for my needs it was perfect.

Very pleased with this hotel! The location could not have been better for spending time in the East Village. Within a block from Rockwood Music Hall for free live music and Upright Citizen's Brigade for catching an improv show, plus a ton of restaurants and bars. The hotel is also on the same block as the 2nd avenue metro station. The staff was pleasant, and the room was very nice - clean and comfortable. Unfortunately the weather was bad, so I didn't get to check out their patio.

Booked the hotel for a 2 night stay starting on a Wednesday.
    • Standard Single Room

Booked the hotel for a 2 night stay starting on a Wednesday. Tuesday morning was alerted that my flight would be canceled because of an impending snowstorm. Did not ask for a refund, only a credit to use when I could reschedule the trip. Got the “I’ll have to ask my manager” run around with no follow up. To Booking’s credit they tried, and sent an email to the manager in my behalf.

Free coffee, water, juice and tootsie rolls!
    • Standard Single Room

There was a draft coming through the window of room 304. I had to put pillows in front of it to block the cold air. I didn't like that there was a frosted glass wall for the bathroom. Who thinks a see through wall in the bathroom is a good idea?

Free coffee, water, juice and tootsie rolls!!

Location good, hotel a bit dreary. Basic but clean with nice bathrooms. Only if the rate is low!
    • Standard Twin Room

An extra deposit of $150 was charged at checked in, and they said it would be refunded until days after checkout--if the room was'nt damaged?! What? I'm a middle-aged suburban mom (not a frat boy!). I stay in hotels an average of twice per month and I have never been charged a damage deposit. Weird--seems like a flophouse kind of policy. Calling this a "hotel" is a stretch--if you need a place to sleep it is OK. The beds are creaky, furniture and walls all banged up--in need of refresh. Hallways gloomy. Would not stay here again, though my 23 year old thinks it's fine. He stayed here previously while searching for an apartment in the East Village.

Staff let us check in early. Bathrooms especially nice--and very upscale for such a basic hotel. The rest of the room seemed run-down. Room was clean though.

The price was terrific, and therefore the room was perfectly adequate for an overnight in the city
    • Standard King Room

The place needs freshening. New paint, carpet, comforters.

Check in was easy and staff were welcoming and friendly. The bed was comfortable. My room was quiet and bathroom was nice.

Great location, friendly staff, comfortable room.
    • Standard Queen Room

East Houston is busy all night, and the windows don't block as much noise as they might in a fancier hotel. Expect some street noise in street-facing rooms.

Location is perfect for access to the Lower East Side. Staff were genuinely friendly. Room was cozy, comfortable and clean.

Comfort and compact.
    • Standard Queen Room

There was a glass wall into the bathroom which meant it was visible when you were using the toilet. That was the only discomfort with the hotel room. There was bad tv and WiFi reception but as were out and about mostly it wasn't really a big issue.

The staff were so friendly and helpful. The bed was so comfortable so I slept so well. The view from the roof terrace was outstanding and the ease of getting around the entire city.

Good value hotel in a great location with helpful, friendly staff.
    • Standard Queen Room

The decor is very tired. Really needs a lick of paint. Not much space to put away clothes if you are staying a while.

Yes the rooms are quite small and some of the furniture is tired looking, but our room was clean, had plenty of hot water and a good shower. The location is great - easy transport links, lots of places to eat and drink nearby. The staff are very helpful and friendly. There is so much to see and do in New York that it served us very well as a base. It’s an expensive city so finding a reasonably priced hotel in a good location was great.

Good location, close to some nice restaurants and a whole...
    • Standard Queen Room

It takes quite a while for the bathtub to empty itself when you take a shower but I noticed that this was the case in the 2 other nyc hotels I’ve been to

Good location, close to some nice restaurants and a whole food supermarket. Comfortable room. Great staff. Roof terrace

Good value for money. Would stay again, but don’t expect to stay home too much.
    • Standard Single Room

Very small room but ok otherwise. Used to be a great small neat hotel 3 years ago. No idea what happened. I feel they don’t maintain it well: wooden floors broken, chips of the wooden walls, minor things like that. Very poor/slow wifi for that it’s 2018. Easy fix; why don’t they? Had constantly water sound in the bathroom. Kinda weirded me out after a few days.

Great value for money. The location is unbeatable and the room was clean and nice bathroom. Even had an ok view on Eldridge street.

Super friendly staff, great location, excellent value for the money!
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was a bit small but given the location and the price I would not complain about it.

Hotel staff were super friendly and helpful. The room was small but clean and had everything we needed. Bed was super comfortable and the room was quiet.

Central location that needs some refinements to make it worth the cost.
    • Standard Queen Room

I could hear running water through pipes constantly. The neighboring restaurants or bars on Eldridge were loud and made it difficult to sleep.

Staff was approachable. Lobby had refreshments.

Great and comfortable stay!
    • Standard Queen Room

The front desk staff was really helpful and nice. The location was great: near restaurants and subway station. Clean room. Comfortable bed and pillows. There was a computer with printer if you needed. Welcome beverages and candies. Definitely, I would stay again in this hotel.

Good price/value and location.
    • Standard Twin Room

Outdated furniture, no temperature control...basic NYC hotel!

Good price/value and location. There was a mistake with our reservation so we didn't get the bed type we wanted, but the staff was nice and gave us a slight discount for the inconvenience.

Good clean and cosy hotel on the LES.
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was small, but that's standard for NYC. I could hear a lot of noise from pipes running through the walls.

It was conveniently located on the LES, near lots of cute shops and cafes. The reception was always friendly and approachable, the room was clean and housekeeping redid the bed and towels each day. There is also a lovely rooftop area with a great view of NYC. It was too cold to really enjoy this feature, but would be delightful any other time of year.

Nice location, rooms are very rundown and not very clean.
    • Standard Queen Room

Room was not vacuumed before we arrived, nor was it properly cleaned once during our 4 days!! We asked for house keeping EVERY day but to no avail. That’s just unacceptable for more than $200 per night. Photos do not reflect the room we got. Room was also very cold.

Excellent location and free coffee and lemonade Friendly staff and manager.

small hotel for a good price, not far from chinatown Manhatten
    • Standard Twin Room

some staff was loud in the lobby. Wifi connection got lost a few times

free granola bars, always free tea / coffee (at some times in the basement), nice marble bathroom, nice rooftop veranda / platform

Good location - near subway station.
    • Standard Twin Room

Room was very small, almost no place left after we brought our luggage. Also, it was cold in hallways.

Good location - near subway station. Warm room (thermostat in the room). Great places to eat nearby (especially, The Grey Dog).

Location was very close to subway exit.
    • Standard Queen Room

The guy at reception offered us a room at third floor but when they were showing the room we were warned that it could be cold as the heater can not provide enough energy till to third floor. So we were offered another room at ground level which is smaller and can be noisy because of regular activity at front desk. So we had to choose either getting cold or sleepless in a small room. And we preferred stay awake in a small room.

Location was very close to subway exit. Hotel was normal. It was clean enough.

We were booked in a room on the ground floor next to the...
    • Standard Queen Room

We were booked in a room on the ground floor next to the lobby. There was not enough room for 2 people to walk around the bed. There was VERY loud water rushing through the pipes, and that did not stop. We requested a different room. We were told there were no other Queen bed rooms available, but one with twins was available. We took it. The staff was pleasant, and did the best with what they had. The room off the lobby on the ground floor should never be offered to a paying guest. It is awful.

• Standard Queen Room

Hotel older than it is presented in the description. Small rooms, no daily replacement of shampoo. More important, poor customer service: the thermostat in our room got blocked at 60 F which is pretty cold, The staff did not offer to move us to another descent room, they came with an additional blanket as if it was normal. For 200$/night I would expect something much better and if cannot be accommodated, then provide a financial compensation. Disappointing,

Over priced and not very good.
    • Standard Queen Room

Room was small even by NYC standards. TV didn't work well. Most annoying - water in shower was tepid at best. Very disappointing. Also - terrible coffee.

Good location. Bed was comfortable. Noise not bad.

• Standard Queen Room

The room was quite small but not bad.

Lovely staff, great location to attractions and a lot of good food places near by. Loved the rooftop area for guests too!

The hotel was all that was promised on reviews, I would recommend staying here.
    • Standard Single Room

The heat in the room was regulated to 68 degrees, that was the only downside for this Florida girl. I would have enjoyed a few more degrees of warmth. But fortunately once under the covers I was warm enough.

Staff was friendly and helpful, I felt very comfortable there. The hotel is right around the corner from subway. The room was clean and bathroom updated. The bedding was comfy and warm which was a good thing because I am not used to the cold. Room was small as expected in New York which is why I recommend 1 person, it would be tight for more than 1. The room was surprisingly quiet, of course you are on a main road so you can hear honking and sirens but they were muted enough not to be a bother.

Browse The Ridge Hotel traveller photo gallery